The Invisible.   Posted by Fatemaker.Group: 0
Fatemaker
 GM, 39 posts
Thu 7 Jan 2016
at 22:39
The Invisible
In reply to Kaylee (msg # 71):

The man presses a few buttons on the side of the detector, then extracts what appears to be a silver pocketwatch on an elegant chain from his vest. As you see a faint glow emanating from the watch, you realize it's his mobile. He presses a few buttons on the screen, his face impassive, then snaps it shut with authority.

"Thank you for your time. Now if you could please follow me," he moves to the lock at the door and you hear a sharp click from the door as it unlocks. He swings the door open and you enter a grandiose room.

While the exterior of the building didn't draw attention to itself, the inside does the exact opposite. You enter a world of richly textured fabrics, warm light, and of course, beautiful people. A sweeping staircase leads upstairs, and there are multiple doors leading elsewhere in the building, and a chandelier hangs from the center of this sprawling room. From somewhere, music floats down into the air.

This parlor, for you do not know what else to call it, has several couches and seats at which people are lounging. Some must be clients, for they are dressed in practical clothes, befitting people who live in a world of perpetual ice, but the majority look out of an old film or the pages of a storybook, all silk and perfume. This place brims with wealth and wellbeing, and neither of you have ever seen anything like it.

Kaylee
 Reckoner, 47 posts
Thu 7 Jan 2016
at 22:48
The Invisible
In reply to Fatemaker (msg # 72):

This is not exactly what Kaylee was expecting a brothel to look like, and she twists her mouth to one side, disappointed at the lack of naked women. The luxury of the facility astonishes her, and Kaylee can't help but feel out of place. She glances to Barry curiously, "What're we looking for?"
Barry
 Reckoner, 78 posts
Thu 7 Jan 2016
at 22:52
The Invisible
In reply to Fatemaker (msg # 72):

Barry looks over at Kaylee.


"Magpie," he replies. "see if SUE can show you a picture," he says as he starts looking around.

It felt almost surreal for a place like this to exist in Ozymandias. However, as interesting as it was, he came to find Magpie. He walks across the room towards the staircase, looking around to see if he notices 'the Lark', 'Magpie', or Kestral in the room.
Fatemaker
 GM, 40 posts
Thu 7 Jan 2016
at 23:12
The Invisible
In reply to Barry (msg # 74):

"Matthew!" A voice calls out to you from across the room, earning its owner a disgruntled look from a couple in conversation at a couch. A woman in an elegant white dress rushes towards you and pulls you into a passionate kiss.

She releases you and looks at you with mischievously sparkling eyes. "Calamity, it's been so long since I've seen you!"
Barry
 Reckoner, 79 posts
Thu 7 Jan 2016
at 23:28
The Invisible
In reply to Fatemaker (msg # 75):

Barry looks at the strange woman from out of nowhere as he is caught off guard. He has never had a woman come on to him so suddenly and passionately, that he is so thrown off to the point of almost speechlessness.

"h..h...hello..." he responds as he tries to pull himself together, not able to say much more.

This message was last edited by the player at 23:30, Thu 07 Jan 2016.

Fatemaker
 GM, 41 posts
Fri 8 Jan 2016
at 00:09
The Invisible
In reply to Barry (msg # 76):

She pursed her full lips together and stroked your cheek in condescending sympathy.

"Oh, poor boy, did you miss me that much,"she croons to you, before planting another little peck on your lips.

He eyes lit up again as she spotted Kaylee, "And Laura! Sparks, when was the last time you came to visit?" She put her hands on either side of Kaylee's head and kissed her cheeks, one at a time, in greeting.
Barry
 Reckoner, 80 posts
Fri 8 Jan 2016
at 00:37
The Invisible
In reply to Fatemaker (msg # 77):

Barry pulls himself together but still can't manage to say a word. He opens his mouth "..." but still cannot find the ability to speak. He just examines her.

what do i say? what if i blow my cover?

This message was last edited by the player at 00:39, Fri 08 Jan 2016.

Kaylee
 Reckoner, 48 posts
Fri 8 Jan 2016
at 00:44
The Invisible
In reply to Fatemaker (msg # 77):

"Jesus Christ," Kaylee mutters under her breath as Barry is kissed passionately by a beautiful woman. She'd followed Barry across the room since he seemed to know what he was doing, but maybe she shouldnt have? Damn, he is one lucky son of a bitch.

Kaylee is shocked when the woman turns to her, grabs her, and gives her cheeks two friendly and familiar pecks. Kaylee yelps at the sudden contact, but can't say she really dislikes it. She'd never been kissed by such a pretty girl before.

"H-hey," Kaylee says eagerly in greeting, but can't manage much more verbal communication at the moment.
Fatemaker
 GM, 42 posts
Fri 8 Jan 2016
at 01:22
The Invisible
In reply to Kaylee (msg # 79):

"Come on, you know I love a good chat with you two! At least before we move on to other things," She grabs Barry's hand and pulls him away, her voice slipping from refined enthusiasm to sly expectation as she delivered the phrase.

"Oh, you too, Laura, you don't have to leave just yet- I'll have Wren bring us some tea and we can all catch up!" She beckons for Kaylee to follow too as you go down a hallway lit with dim orange lights.

Now that you're not being kissed by her, you have a chance to look at the woman a little better. She wears a long white dress that shows off enough peaches-and-cream skin to tempt the imagination. Despite her youth, she sports a smattering of silver hairs throughout her otherwise impeccable ebony locks. Other than a crimson lipstick that you're sure is now clearly stamped on your face, her makeup is minimal, keeping with the vintage look that dominates this place.
Barry
 Reckoner, 81 posts
Fri 8 Jan 2016
at 01:37
The Invisible
In reply to Fatemaker (msg # 80):

Barry is caught by a beautiful woman who knows the face of his mask and needs to play along to avoid breaking his cover. He composes himself and puts on a confident smirk. "You know I missed you, how could I not miss a woman as elegant as you?" Barry replies."Sorry for my speechlessness earlier, I couldn't help it."

He sneaks out his mobile with his off hand to send SUE a message.

This woman knows my mask as Matthew. Tell me about this woman and her name."

Barry takes a quick picture of the woman and puts away his phone.

This message was last edited by the player at 01:38, Fri 08 Jan 2016.

Kaylee
 Reckoner, 49 posts
Fri 8 Jan 2016
at 01:41
The Invisible
In reply to Fatemaker (msg # 80):

Kaylee follows the woman with little hesitation, mesmerized.
S.U.E.
 NPC, 31 posts
Fri 8 Jan 2016
at 03:54
The Invisible
In reply to Kaylee (msg # 82):

Okay.

SUE is silent for a few moments and then begins speaking.

Her name is listed as 'Crane,' and she has been working here for three years. She supposedly services Epics. Ryan used to wear the Matthew mask. Maybe he used to come and see her. I don't see very much about her.

SUE almost sounded apologetic.
Crane
Fri 8 Jan 2016
at 04:29
The Invisible
In reply to Kaylee (msg # 82):

"Oh, you..." she bats her eyelashes at Barry.

Crane pulls Barry into a room off of the hallway, "Here we are! Come on, Laura."

The room is less lavishly decorated than the parlor, suiting Crane's own, more restrained style. If you hadn't found out that her name was Crane yet, the elegant paintings of Japanese cranes adorning the walls may have given you a hint. At the center of the room was a large bed with a wooden trunk at the base. To one side of the room was a vanity, on the other side was a small circular table, and, conveniently, three chairs.
Kaylee
 Reckoner, 50 posts
Fri 8 Jan 2016
at 04:44
The Invisible
In reply to Crane (msg # 84):

Kaylee scans the room upon entering, making note of all possible exits: there are none except the way the three of them had come in.

Still flustered by the gorgeous creature before her, Kaylee remains silent and continues to assess both her surroundings and the young prostitute.
Barry
 Reckoner, 82 posts
Fri 8 Jan 2016
at 05:00
The Invisible
In reply to Crane (msg # 84):

"It's has been such a long time Crane..." Barry says. He looks over at Kaylee, "Actually, Laura here was also looking for Magpie."
Crane
Fri 8 Jan 2016
at 05:27
The Invisible
In reply to Barry (msg # 86):

"Really Laura? I had no idea you and Magpie knew each other," Crane's dark eyes scanned Kaylee's face with genuine interest, "I mean, she's kind of reclusive, and considering how often she's out, I didn't know you'd even heard of her, let alone met! I'm not even sure where she is, right now- maybe with a client, although things have been so slow today."

"There's a new Epic around, that's the rumor at least. Sparks, it's crazy to think about," Crane pulled up a chair in offering to Barry as she spoke, "People are scared, that's why the streets are so empty..."

"Well, that's enough depressing talk for now. Tell me how the kids are doing!" Crane's enthusiasm returned as she directed the question towards Barry.
Barry
 Reckoner, 83 posts
Fri 8 Jan 2016
at 05:41
The Invisible
In reply to Crane (msg # 87):

The room began feeling a little too warm for Barry, and her perfume a bit much much.

crap... kids? Don't know anything about that. How do I?

"Let's not talk about kids..." Barry says as he moves closer. He places his hand on her shoulder and leans in slowly for a kiss.

This message was last edited by the player at 06:03, Fri 08 Jan 2016.

Kaylee
 Reckoner, 51 posts
Fri 8 Jan 2016
at 05:52
The Invisible
In reply to Crane (msg # 87):

Kaylee can just nod when Crane directs her attention to the slight girl, but snorts in amusement when the alluring woman brings it back to Barry. Kids? Man, I didn't know this guy was such a player. S

Her amusement quickly fades upon the realization that she suddenly feels very groggy. The dimly lit room seems too bright and Crane's perfume too fragrant. Kaylee doesn't like this feeling.
Crane
Fri 8 Jan 2016
at 06:09
The Invisible
In reply to Kaylee (msg # 89):

With a ghost of a smile, Crane placed a manicured finger over Barry's lips.

"No, no, no..." she chided playfully, "You know that comes later," but did peck your cheek affectionately, "At least do the kindness of letting Laura get out a few words before we have to shoo her away."

"If you don't want to talk about your kids, Matthew, how about you, Laura? How has Gabriel been?" Crane gently pushed Barry back to his seat, then folded her hands delicately and placed them in her lap. She fixed on Kaylee's face with large, dark eyes.
Barry
 Reckoner, 84 posts
Fri 8 Jan 2016
at 06:20
The Invisible
In reply to Crane (msg # 90):

Barry feels groggy, his body feeling heavy, the room warm, and Crane's perfume overwhelming. At least he isn't talking about kids, hopefully Laura can say something clever. He looks over.
Kaylee
 Reckoner, 52 posts
Sat 9 Jan 2016
at 03:43
The Invisible
In reply to Barry (msg # 91):

"Gabriel..." Kaylee echoes, feeling fuzzy. She tries to move her body toward one of the seats, but finds that her movements are slow and labored. She resolves to stay put. "Gabriel's been pretty good."

This isn't right. Something's off. Kaylee starts to internally panic. Something's off.
Crane
Sat 9 Jan 2016
at 04:16
The Invisible
In reply to Kaylee (msg # 92):

"Glad to hear that! Last you told me, his Blight was getting worse," she smiled dazzlingly at you and then gasps in surprise, "Oh, sparks, I almost forgot! I said I would have Wren make tea- I'll be right back, just a moment."

She sweeps her skirts away and stands up from the table. From somewhere on her person- you aren't quite sure where- she extracts what appears to be a gilded compact mirror and moves towards the door.
Barry
 Reckoner, 85 posts
Sat 9 Jan 2016
at 04:29
The Invisible
In reply to Crane (msg # 93):

whats going on? why?

Barry's vision begins to blur and his head begins to drop, spacing outout most of Cranes announcement. He can make out the word tea. Finally, right as she goes out the door he falls out of his chair and everything fades to black.
Kaylee
 Reckoner, 53 posts
Sat 9 Jan 2016
at 04:58
The Invisible
In reply to Barry (msg # 94):

The bad feeling gets worse. Kaylee can barely hear what Crane is saying. Although the slight girl tries to fight it, her grogginess overwhelms her and her world is slowly submerged in black.
Fatemaker
 GM, 43 posts
Sat 9 Jan 2016
at 05:06
The Invisible
As the two of you slump down to the ground, Crane's facade drops, smile vanishing and empty hand curling into a fist.

She eyes Barry and Kaylee with disdain, then flips open the compact to reveal that, just like the pocket-watch of the man who greeted you, it was actually an elaborately designed mobile.

"Kestrel. I have them."