The Wicked.   Posted by Fatemaker.Group: archive 0
Kaylee
 Reckoner, 99 posts
Wed 16 Mar 2016
at 05:43
The Wicked
In reply to Barry (msg # 91):

Kaylee glances back to Barry and slows her pace. "I don't know how much we can help." Plus, Kaylee didn't like Saria much anyway.
Barry
 Reckoner, 135 posts
Wed 16 Mar 2016
at 06:17
The Wicked
In reply to Kaylee (msg # 92):

Barry stops and scratches head "Your probably right." Looking at Kaylee,"Lets see if we can at least talk her out of going."
Kaylee
 Reckoner, 100 posts
Wed 16 Mar 2016
at 06:26
The Wicked
In reply to Barry (msg # 93):

"Alright," Kaylee agrees reluctantly.
Barry
 Reckoner, 136 posts
Wed 16 Mar 2016
at 06:29
The Wicked
In reply to Kaylee (msg # 94):

Barry forges on, "Lets keep moving towards base."

"SUE, link up all our earpieces so we can talk to Saria."
S.U.E.
 NPC, 41 posts
Wed 16 Mar 2016
at 06:31
The Wicked
In reply to Barry (msg # 95):

You can do that on your own too. Aren't you supposed to be smart?
Saria
 Reckoner, 42 posts
Wed 16 Mar 2016
at 06:35
The Wicked
In reply to S.U.E. (msg # 96):

There is a series of rings, enough that you worry she is ignoring your call, and then an answer.

"What? I don't need a babysitter, you guys. Also, this is Yorik- say 'hi' Yorik."

Saria's voice comes through your earpieces clearly. A muffled, "hello" can be heard from 'Yorik.'
Barry
 Reckoner, 137 posts
Wed 16 Mar 2016
at 06:39
The Wicked
In reply to Saria (msg # 97):

"We want you to go back to base. We don't need to lose any more teammates tonight."
Kaylee
 Reckoner, 101 posts
Wed 16 Mar 2016
at 06:44
The Wicked
In reply to Saria (msg # 97):

Kaylee snorts in amusement at SUE's commentary. She's starting to grow fonder of the super computer.

Saria's stupidity irritates Kaylee to no end so she resolves to keep her mouth shut.
Saria
 Reckoner, 43 posts
Wed 16 Mar 2016
at 06:54
The Wicked
In reply to Kaylee (msg # 99):

"Too late, I'm here!"

You can hear a few muffled grunts and the sound of a car door slamming.

A faint, "Thanks for the ride!" can be heard before Saria appears to return her attention to the conversation.

"You should meet Yorik- he works up at the University. I asked him if he could get me some equipment and he said 'maybe if you shut up,' so I stopped talking about it, but that's basically a yes, right, since I stopped?"

Saria pauses for a moment, and you can imagine her investigating the scene.

"Devon? Deevvvvoooooon?"
Saria drew out the name like one would call a dog or a lost child.

"I don't see anyone..."

Barry
 Reckoner, 138 posts
Wed 16 Mar 2016
at 07:02
The Wicked
In reply to Saria (msg # 100):

Ticked off, Barry replies, "Head back NOW Saria! The last time you wondered off you got yourself in serious shit and were not having any of that today. We will not be available for back up so if you don't want to risk severely hurting yoursel, GO BACK TO BASE!"
Kaylee
 Reckoner, 102 posts
Wed 16 Mar 2016
at 07:10
The Wicked
In reply to Barry (msg # 101):

Kaylee sighed and picked up her pace. This was not going to end well for any of them, she could feel it.
Barry
 Reckoner, 139 posts
Wed 16 Mar 2016
at 07:12
The Wicked
In reply to Kaylee (msg # 102):


23:11, Today: Barry failed (no successes) using 1d10 with the World of Darkness nWoD system with a target of 8, rerolling 10s ((6)).
Saria
 Reckoner, 44 posts
Wed 16 Mar 2016
at 07:21
The Wicked
In reply to Barry (msg # 103):

"Wait, I hear something. I'm gonna check it out."

You can hear her moving, the swish of her distinctive lab coat, and then an abrupt stop.

"Oh...Hello!"

A pause, and an indistinct mumbling as someone spoke from afar.

"Call you back!"

click
Kaylee
 Reckoner, 103 posts
Wed 16 Mar 2016
at 07:25
The Wicked
In reply to Saria (msg # 104):

"Fuck," Kaylee exhales. She doesn't stop walking and asks SUE, "Can I get directions back to base?"
S.U.E.
 NPC, 42 posts
Wed 16 Mar 2016
at 07:26
The Wicked
In reply to Kaylee (msg # 105):

Here.

The bold arrow and map returned to Kaylee's screen.
Kaylee
 Reckoner, 104 posts
Wed 16 Mar 2016
at 07:28
The Wicked
In reply to S.U.E. (msg # 106):

"Thanks." Kaylee begins to follow SUE's directions.

This message was last edited by the player at 07:29, Wed 16 Mar 2016.

Barry
 Reckoner, 140 posts
Wed 16 Mar 2016
at 07:29
The Wicked
In reply to Saria (msg # 104):

"Fuck it. I've helped her ass enough so if she gets hurt, it's her fault."

"Let's go"
Fatemaker
 GM, 51 posts
Wed 16 Mar 2016
at 07:39
The Wicked
In reply to Barry (msg # 108):

You continue on, following the arrow and occasional directions from SUE. At first she directs you out of District 3, into the comparatively lively District 2. Again, people pass you by, and the scent of smoke lingers heavily in the air. Here and there, children can be seen playing.

Saria does not call back.

An hour or so passes, and the buildings dwindle into the housing built to accommodate the mass influx of people who migrated to Ozymandias in the early days of the Epics. This is again the border of District 2; you return into District 3. Here does not seem so heavily hit. People are beginning to return from work, and none carry the frenzied panic of those affected by Discord. A stray dog barks at a raven as it pecks at the ground. A skier passes you by with a load of Greenhouse goods on their back. Life seems, insofar as the third district is concerned, normal.

You both feel your mobiles vibrate with a call.

What do you do?

This message was last edited by the GM at 07:41, Wed 16 Mar 2016.

Kaylee
 Reckoner, 105 posts
Wed 16 Mar 2016
at 07:45
The Wicked
In reply to Fatemaker (msg # 109):

Kaylee answers the call with a tentative, "...Hello?"
Barry
 Reckoner, 141 posts
Wed 16 Mar 2016
at 07:47
The Wicked
In reply to Fatemaker (msg # 109):

Barry listens in.
Silhouette
Wed 16 Mar 2016
at 08:13
The Wicked
In reply to Barry (msg # 111):

Around you, people stop to pick up their mobiles. One voice echoes through each, condescending and feminine.


"Hello, citizens of Ozymandias. I am Silhouette, messenger of Reverie, chosen of her most devout followers,"

"Doubtless you have heard of her, the one who speaks the Truth. She has taken pity upon you and your miserable existences, and has come to liberate Ozymandias from the hold of the Epic, Cataclysm, who has kept you in this state,
"

"We offer many gifts. Electricity, food, medicine, and protection. We offer freedom from the eternal winter you live in, trapped. We offer, to those who are most loyal, power. The power to avenge. The power to change. The power to live, not simply survive,"

"In return, we require your loyalty. Accept Reverie, and ascend from the squalor in which you've allowed yourself to live for these years.

Join our cause, or choose the losing side of history. If you do not show your loyalty, we will not yield from destroying you as we destroy the ones who now rule. The first of us have already arrived.

This city will be ours."



The call ends.
Barry
 Reckoner, 142 posts
Wed 16 Mar 2016
at 08:33
The Wicked
In reply to Silhouette (msg # 112):

Barry recalls that Devon's plan revolves around Reverie challenging Ozymandias. "It looks like the gears are set in motion," he quietly says to Kaylee. "We should figure what Devon's plan were after we get some rest."
Kaylee
 Reckoner, 106 posts
Wed 16 Mar 2016
at 22:47
The Wicked
In reply to Barry (msg # 113):

Kaylee nods once in agreement. The gears are turning in her head and so she doesn't give Barry much thought. However, those gears grind to a halt when they hit the wall of her exhaustion and the ache in her belly.

She gives up the critical thinking for now to look around her and gauge the reactions of the Ozymandias citizens.
Fatemaker
 GM, 52 posts
Wed 16 Mar 2016
at 23:39
The Wicked
In reply to Kaylee (msg # 114):

Even the people who hadn't retrieved their mobiles or didn't own one heard the message from Silhouette. You can read a mixture of disgust, anger, and opportunistic excitement on some peoples faces, but the primary expression is one of fear, with eyes wide and gloved hands pressed over mouths. Frantic muttering can be heard from a few, and people begin to quickly vacate the streets again.

The man who just passed by on skis cursed and spoke, to nobody in particular,

"Don't you miss when this was all just stories?"

This message was last edited by the GM at 23:42, Wed 16 Mar 2016.

Barry
 Reckoner, 143 posts
Wed 16 Mar 2016
at 23:47
The Wicked
In reply to Fatemaker (msg # 115):

"C'mon." Ignoring how everyone appears frantic, Barry puts his mobile away and continues walking towards base.