The Ghost.   Posted by Fatemaker.Group: 0
Kaylee
 Reckoner, 146 posts
Sun 20 Mar 2016
at 07:53
The Ghost
In reply to Barry (msg # 112):

Kaylee glances to Em as they speak. Her eyes are drawn once again to the teen's blightmarks, which they'd hastily covered with a baggy cap. She understands why Em seems to be so afraid.

But Kaylee's had it bad too, and although she fears the terrible things some Epics can do, she's had too much taken away to not fight back with a bloodthirsty vengeance. She'll rip the Epics apart or she'll die trying.

She looks back to Wednesday, awaiting the answer to both her question and Barry's.
Wednesday
 Reckoner, 55 posts
Sun 20 Mar 2016
at 08:41
The Ghost
In reply to Kaylee (msg # 113):

After a moments though, he smiles wolfishly, a mad glint in his eye, wiped off as he speaks.
"It is still terrorism if the target is the population. Or even if the collateral damage from any traps being set up if Epics are the true target. It doesn't matter who's side you are on." Wednesday replied sternly. "No matter how much it is justified."

"As for the targeting of Epics, no, normal people don't tend to do that Em. Unless, like the man says, you have a good reason not to want to live. I am not a Reckoner, but still have a grudge against Epics. And the aftermath will get people hurt, but I would rather attempt to stop individuals like Blight, who used to be human than live under their tyranny and whims." Facing Em as best he could. "I would rather burn them out for what they did to my family than ask anyone else to face them needlessly. Though, like you say, the world may burn with it, but there is a chance that the many who are powerless will outlast those with the strength of gods, and I am betting on that."
Em
Mon 9 May 2016
at 18:44
The Ghost
In reply to Wednesday (msg # 114):

Em nodded mutely, obviously trying to process the information dumped on them before saying quietly,

"I never knew your fam'ly was killed too, Mr. Wednesday."

This message was last edited by the GM at 22:29, Mon 09 May 2016.

Wednesday
 Reckoner, 56 posts
Mon 9 May 2016
at 21:01
The Ghost
In reply to Em (msg # 115):

"It is a common enough story around here." He smiles at Em. "No one is safe from the Epics." Wednesday narrows his eyes at the other two. "But if you folks are who I think you are, what do you fight for?"
Kaylee
 Reckoner, 147 posts
Mon 9 May 2016
at 22:26
The Ghost
In reply to Wednesday (msg # 116):

Dead families... Kaylee knows that story. It's her own.

She considers Wednesday's question carefully - he'd already figured out they were Reckoners by this point, but answering him would be real admission and Kaylee isn't so sure she can do that. She pauses, darts her eyes between Wednesday and the two feeble kids, and then says hesitantly:

"It doesn't really matter what I fight for, does it? Just that I fight."
Wednesday
 Reckoner, 57 posts
Tue 10 May 2016
at 04:13
The Ghost
In reply to Kaylee (msg # 117):

"You couldn't be further from the truth. If you just fight, for no reason, you are just as bad as the Epics. Why do you fight?" Wednesday reworded, taking his time discerning how they react to the questions. His eyes flitting back and forth between the two, wary of their weapons.
Barry
 Reckoner, 181 posts
Tue 10 May 2016
at 04:47
The Ghost
In reply to Wednesday (msg # 118):

Senile fool Barry sees a man lying in his deathbed.

"We're not here to cater to the whims of persistent, suicidal old men," Barry cut in.

"Quit acting like you know whats going on. You seek revenge, atonement for the recent death of your family. And you know what? You are no different than anyone else. People die all the time nowadays so get over it! Vengeance is going to get you nowhere other than your own demise."


"Now, say we are who you are looking for. Why should these 'RECKONERS' care?"
Em
Tue 10 May 2016
at 19:24
The Ghost
In reply to Barry (msg # 119):

As the argument continued, Em slowly moved across the room to Kenzie. They pried the child's arms off of the knapsack and motioned towards the door with a quick nod. Kenzie nodded in return and the two scavengers made their exit. A raven's harsh call was swept in with a gust of cold air as the door shut.
Barry
 Reckoner, 182 posts
Tue 10 May 2016
at 19:52
The Ghost
In reply to Em (msg # 120):

Seeing the leftover knapsack on the ground, Barry walks over to pick it up.
Kaylee
 Reckoner, 148 posts
Tue 10 May 2016
at 20:44
The Ghost
In reply to Barry (msg # 121):

Kaylee considers chasing after the two kids as they sneak out the door, but figures she's scared them enough for one day. Plus, Wednesday is a more pressing issue at the moment.

"I fight for a reason," Kaylee clarifies. "But it's my reason and I don't feel too inclined share it."

She notices Barry approaching the kids' sack, but doesn't look away from Wednesday.

This message was last edited by the player at 04:43, Wed 11 May 2016.

Wednesday
 Reckoner, 58 posts
Tue 10 May 2016
at 22:56
The Ghost
In reply to Barry (119):

"Aww, whoever said that I was suicidal?" Wednesday replied collectedly. "I was going for the martyrdom outlook. Well damn. I was hoping to be martyred for my family's death, unlike most of these poor sods." Nodding to the door.
"Who are only focused on survival. They have their own problems that they are focusing on, usually not revenge. And I am not here to cater to the randomness and empty threats that you proclaim, I have my own mission to accomplish, with or without you." Wednesday walks so that both of them are in his view, slowly.
"But I find that uniting tends to produce results much faster than splintering. And the groups that I tend to associate with have the consistency of splinters wrapped in wet paper being used as a hammer when facing Epics."

Taking a small pause to allow the information to sink in.
"However, if something goes down on the streets, they tend to know about it instantly. If they survive that is, but that is something that they are good at." He smiles, leaving the statement in the air.
"But I still have a job to do, so if you will excuse me, this salvage isn't yours." Pointedly at Barry. "Or do you want to add theft to the reputation of the Reckoners?"
Barry
 Reckoner, 183 posts
Tue 10 May 2016
at 23:21
The Ghost
In reply to Wednesday (msg # 123):

"Yawn," Barry says out loud. He digs out the earpiece from the sack and tosses the rest of the bag over. "I don't know what world you live in but, in my world, reclaiming ones possessions is not a form of stealing."

"I'm really not interested in anything past and we've been here long enough"
Fatemaker
 GM, 58 posts
Tue 10 May 2016
at 23:37
The Ghost
In reply to Barry (msg # 124):

Barry's words hung in the air for mere moments before a terrified shriek spilled into the air from outside the cabin. The sound was cut off abruptly, as though with a knife, after lingering for but a few seconds.

Now, all you can hear ravens croaking and cawing, more than had been there when you entered the cabin, more even than when Em and Kenzie left the building moments earlier.

What do you do?

Barry
 Reckoner, 184 posts
Wed 11 May 2016
at 00:34
The Ghost
In reply to Fatemaker (msg # 125):

"I think that's our cue to leave," nodding to Kaylee. Barry peeks through the window to see what's going on outside.
Fatemaker
 GM, 59 posts
Wed 11 May 2016
at 03:08
The Ghost
In reply to Barry (msg # 126):

The small window faces out to the right side of the house, and reveals nothing more than a group of perhaps five ravens perched on the rooftop opposite you. All seem to be looking intently at something happening towards the front of the house.

The one closest to the window sees you looking out. It cocks it's head inquisitively, as through memorizing your face.

"CAW."

Wednesday
 Reckoner, 59 posts
Wed 11 May 2016
at 03:21
The Ghost
In reply to Fatemaker (msg # 127):

Wednesday starts at the sound, rushing quietly towards the door.
"It looks like we will have to continue this conversation later."
They better have gotten away safely. He opened the door just a crack. Looking outside for the two scavengers.
Fatemaker
 GM, 60 posts
Wed 11 May 2016
at 04:32
The Ghost
In reply to Wednesday (msg # 128):

Wednesday peers through the door.
Kaylee
 Reckoner, 149 posts
Wed 11 May 2016
at 04:39
The Ghost
In reply to Wednesday (msg # 128):

Kaylee whips her gun out at the sound of the scream. She rushes to the door and flings it open, then moves to shove her back against the side of the house, gun pointed at any immediate danger. Her eyes scan the scene defensively.

This message was last edited by the player at 04:44, Wed 11 May 2016.

Tiger
Wed 11 May 2016
at 04:57
The Ghost
In reply to Kaylee (msg # 130):

Kaylee is fixed by a pair of burning amber eyes and terrified blue ones as she bursts out the door. A collection of ravens caw and croak, clearly an audience for the scene before her.

Em is lying on the ground, one leg bent backwards on itself and blood seeping from the wound through their thin pants into the snow. Their eyes are wide with a mix of terror and pain and Em's skin appears almost green, freckles standing out like flecks of dirt on snow.

However, the teen's predicament is clear. A colossal cat, burning orange on the hard-packed snow, and criss-crossed with stark lines of black looms over Em. A tiger, although Kaylee has never seen one before this moment. The huge cat raises its lips in a snarl, then lays a paw over Em's chest with great care. You can see the tiger's claws unsheathe and dig ever so slightly into Em's clothes. It glares at Kaylee with an intelligent intensity in its eyes.

"Is this one yours, pretty girl?"

A rumbling voice delivers the question as Em lets out an unbidden whimper. The claws dig in a slight bit more, and Em is silent again.
Barry
 Reckoner, 185 posts
Wed 11 May 2016
at 05:03
The Ghost
In reply to Tiger (msg # 131):

Fuck!

Barry begins moving to the door with gun in hand after seeing the beast attacking the child.

"Sue, is there anything on tiger Epics, animal manipulators or shapeshifters?"
S.U.E.
 NPC, 55 posts
Wed 11 May 2016
at 05:07
The Ghost
In reply to Barry (msg # 132):

SUE's tinny voice responds almost immediately.

This is what I have in the database. He hasn't been seen in the city for almost two years:

MOREAU

POWER PORTFOLIO:

Physical Transformation- this ability is used by Moreau to turn into a variety of mammals and avians. He does appear to be somewhat limited by mass; he has never been recorded turned into anything smaller than a raven or larger than a wolf.

Forced Transformation- Moreau has shown that his abilities can be applied forcefully to other individuals and animals. This often results in the death of the victim. When death is not the result, whatever transformation occurred appears to gradually fade over the course of several months, although this is based on very few accounts.

NOTES: It is unknown if the forced transformation results in death because Moreau chooses it to be so, implying that he could also perfectly transform others, or if it is because the ability is inherently flawed to perform as such.

Moreau appears to be highly entertained by his 'experiments' on others, and often visits the prison to collect subjects.

He is also known to leave Ozymandias for long periods of time to roam the Wilds, and is not affiliated with any particular district.

KNOWN WEAKNESS: None yet observed.

PREVIOUS HISTORY: Unknown. Appeared from the Wilds two years after the establishment of Ozymandias.

Wednesday
 Reckoner, 60 posts
Wed 11 May 2016
at 05:30
The Ghost
In reply to Tiger (msg # 131):

That started off well . . .
Wednesday steps out the door, following the teenage ball of energy.
"And if she was? Would that really matter to you?" He barked at the beast. I need to keep them alive. What was your plan girl?
Kaylee
 Reckoner, 150 posts
Wed 11 May 2016
at 05:34
The Ghost
In reply to Tiger (msg # 131):

Holy shit.

Kaylee has never seen anything quite like this before. And the animal just spoke to her! It had to be some kind of Epic, right?

Not so easily intimidated, Kaylee tightens her grip on her gun and narrows her eyes right back at the beast. "Get off her," she snarls. "What's she ever done to you?"
Barry
 Reckoner, 186 posts
Wed 11 May 2016
at 05:45
The Ghost
In reply to Kaylee (msg # 135):

"Make sure Kaylee gets this info," He responds.  "Does he have any record targeting anybody specific? Or have any reason to come back?"

"Let's not trap ourselves in the house." Barry advises as he walks out and takes a shot at the tiger.
Moreau
 NPC, 1 post
Wed 11 May 2016
at 06:20
The Ghost
In reply to Barry (msg # 136):

The bullet clipped the tiger in the front leg, and it snarled. With deliberate movement, it extended the claws on its paw and pressed on Em, crushing the teen's chest. A cry escaped Em, trailing off into a death rattle.

"It's a shame how fragile you are,"  the tiger purred lazily, "I had high hopes for this one. Maybe one of you will serve me better."

"It's good to be back."