The Ghost.   Posted by Fatemaker.Group: 0
Barry
 Reckoner, 156 posts
Thu 17 Mar 2016
at 20:43
The Ghost
In reply to Kaylee (msg # 37):

"Alright, let's pick out some gear. We want some winter wear, some currency, and weapons of some sort. How stealthy do we want to be?"
Kaylee
 Reckoner, 120 posts
Thu 17 Mar 2016
at 21:15
The Ghost
In reply to Barry (msg # 38):

"How stealthy can we be?" Kaylee counters. She doesn't really see how the two of them could sneak through the streets of Ozymandias without going unnoticed.
Barry
 Reckoner, 157 posts
Thu 17 Mar 2016
at 21:40
The Ghost
In reply to Kaylee (msg # 39):

"Well, do we want to go around with rifles and crossbows out in the open or hide smaller weapons to look less suspicious?"
Kaylee
 Reckoner, 121 posts
Thu 17 Mar 2016
at 21:44
The Ghost
In reply to Barry (msg # 40):

Kaylee makes a face. "I think the answer to that's pretty obvious."
Barry
 Reckoner, 158 posts
Thu 17 Mar 2016
at 22:20
The Ghost
In reply to Kaylee (msg # 41):

Barry grins back, "Okay, lets skip the basics then. Is there anything else you think we should bring?"
Kaylee
 Reckoner, 122 posts
Thu 17 Mar 2016
at 23:31
The Ghost
In reply to Barry (msg # 42):

"We should disguise ourselves again," Kaylee points out.
Barry
 Reckoner, 159 posts
Fri 18 Mar 2016
at 00:21
The Ghost
In reply to Kaylee (msg # 43):

"Sounds like a plan. We should dress similar to the people in the district were heading to to blend in."
Kaylee
 Reckoner, 123 posts
Fri 18 Mar 2016
at 00:29
The Ghost
In reply to Barry (msg # 44):

"Sure. Which district is that? Three?"
Barry
 Reckoner, 160 posts
Fri 18 Mar 2016
at 00:34
The Ghost
In reply to Kaylee (msg # 45):

"Yes since Devon's signature is in 3. Rosalee is in 2 but we should be fairly safe there. Let's bring some rations with us too when we head out. We don't know how long it will take us."
Kaylee
 Reckoner, 124 posts
Fri 18 Mar 2016
at 00:44
The Ghost
In reply to Barry (msg # 46):

"Good idea. Let's get ready to go then."
Barry
 Reckoner, 161 posts
Fri 18 Mar 2016
at 01:20
The Ghost
In reply to Kaylee (msg # 47):

"Let's do it," Barry pops out of his chair and walks over to the supply room, grabbing some seeds, a couple pistols, a knife, spare ammo, rations, and a 'Boost'. He places the weapons and seeds on his person and everything else in a pack.

This message was last edited by the player at 02:50, Fri 18 Mar 2016.

Kaylee
 Reckoner, 125 posts
Fri 18 Mar 2016
at 04:41
The Ghost
In reply to Barry (msg # 48):

Kaylee does the same as Barry, grabbing a ration, some seeds, her weapons (which include her ice axe, her bowie knife, and a pistol with extra bullets). She stores all the accessories in a backpack and hides her weapons beneath her winter gear.
Barry
 Reckoner, 162 posts
Fri 18 Mar 2016
at 05:59
The Ghost
In reply to Kaylee (msg # 49):

For attire, Barry picks grabs his mask and looks for proper district 3 attire. He searches for beat up garments and furs, which Barry recalls seeing people wear during the trip to the greenhouse. Clothing is quick to find. Barry happens to come upon the right clothes and finds a full set for Kaylee aswell. Before heading out, he hands off some clothes to Kaylee and gets dressed in his own set of District 3 fashion.

This message was last edited by the player at 06:27, Fri 18 Mar 2016.

Fatemaker
 GM, 55 posts
Fri 18 Mar 2016
at 06:47
The Ghost
In reply to Kaylee (msg # 49):

The two Reckoners set off towards the city, bid farewell by an ever-cheerful SUE. The air was biting, as always, and fog hung like a shroud over the entirety of the nestled city, held there by forces of nature other than the Epics.

A sort of nervous tension ran through the people of the districts; you could feel it as you moved into District 3. Children didn't play in the streets, instead replaced by ravens and a few vagrants looking to take advantage of any more chaos. Your choice of attire gives you the air of two Wilders on their way to the Tradepost.

You hear a myriad of hushed rumors- that Reverie has an army of Epics at her command, that Blight's anger at Discord is unrivaled and he has killed any civilians too slow to leave his path, that an Epic struck the Greenhouse and there are openings for employment, that Cataclysm is too powerful to allow such an uprising, and contrarily, that Cataclysm deserves to be overthrown.

The earth rumbles slightly under your feet, as though the ruler of Ozymandias is irritated with their comments.

You have almost reached the location of the signature. It is within a house on the edge of Districts 2 and 3, where Blight's influence is thinnest. Here the people are rarely afflicted with the blightmarks and houses are more sturdily built- some even have electricity, even if they're not much more than cabins. This one appears occupied.

The dot blinks.

What do you do?

Barry
 Reckoner, 163 posts
Fri 18 Mar 2016
at 06:54
The Ghost
In reply to Fatemaker (msg # 51):

Barry whispers over to Kaylee, "It's a house? I'm guessing if it's a trap, she got caught knocking on the front door. "
Kaylee
 Reckoner, 126 posts
Fri 18 Mar 2016
at 07:47
The Ghost
In reply to Barry (msg # 52):

Kaylee nods once in agreement. "Any windows?"
Barry
 Reckoner, 164 posts
Fri 18 Mar 2016
at 07:53
The Ghost
In reply to Kaylee (msg # 53):

Barry takes a look at the cabin checking for a window, "there's a small one on the right side, want to take a peek while I watch your back?"
Kaylee
 Reckoner, 127 posts
Fri 18 Mar 2016
at 08:05
The Ghost
In reply to Barry (msg # 54):

"Yeah," Kaylee says. She grips her knife inside her right pocket, ready to whip it out if necessary. She could draw it almost as fast as she could blink.

The slender girl approaches the window as stealthily as possible and peers inside.
Barry
 Reckoner, 165 posts
Fri 18 Mar 2016
at 08:10
The Ghost
In reply to Kaylee (msg # 55):

Barry follows behind to watch their surroundings, holding a pistol,ready to fire, hidden under his coat.
Fatemaker
 GM, 56 posts
Fri 18 Mar 2016
at 08:21
The Ghost
In reply to Kaylee (msg # 55):

Through the small window, you can see two figures. One is a child, likely not much more than seven years old, and the other a teenager impressively blightmarked with horn-like protrusions along their hairline. The child and teen appear to be sorting through a myriad of items on the rough wood floor.

The cabin appears to be one room and scantly furnished. Candles are the dominant light source. 

Kaylee
 Reckoner, 128 posts
Fri 18 Mar 2016
at 08:27
The Ghost
In reply to Fatemaker (msg # 57):

Kaylee returns to Barry and relays what she saw inside the house. "Any thoughts? I'll try to get a better look."
Barry
 Reckoner, 166 posts
Fri 18 Mar 2016
at 08:31
The Ghost
In reply to Kaylee (msg # 58):

Barry thinks to himself trying to make sense of things "Why would Devon's signature come from the house? SUE said it was an earpiece right? Let's back away from the house while we think of what to do next."
Kaylee
 Reckoner, 129 posts
Fri 18 Mar 2016
at 08:34
The Ghost
In reply to Fatemaker (msg # 57):

"She might be in there. I didn't see the whole place," Kaylee points out.
Barry
 Reckoner, 167 posts
Fri 18 Mar 2016
at 08:39
The Ghost
In reply to Kaylee (msg # 60):

"SUE it's an earpiece right? Can you transmit any sound going through it to our earpieces?"
S.U.E.
 NPC, 53 posts
Fri 18 Mar 2016
at 09:04
The Ghost
In reply to Barry (msg # 61):

Yes, I can. SUE replies smugly.

 After a moment, Barry and Kaylee hear snippets of conversation coming through.

 "What about...that's not worth...you told me to take it! 'Tech always sells...' I know..."

A voice startlingly similar to the childish SUE filters through through from Devon's earpiece, half of a conversation.