The Beast.   Posted by Fatemaker.Group: 0
Barry
 Reckoner, 191 posts
Thu 12 May 2016
at 07:51
The Beast
In reply to Kaylee (msg # 17):

Barry shutters in the sudden pain. He feels his eyes burn and skin sting. It felt sickening. The world was spinning around him. It appears that physical contact wasn't a requirement for Moreaus power. There is no way he was going to survive a fight with Moreau so he decided to live.

Barry attempts to run from the situation.

"We need to go," Barry says on his earpiece before he starts running.
Moreau
 NPC, 6 posts
Thu 12 May 2016
at 08:26
The Beast
In reply to Barry (msg # 18):

Wednesday held back from another attack as Barry reeled in sudden pain and Kaylee lunged forward with her axe, intent to blind the beast. Her swing missed the tiger, who stepped back to avoid the blow. He retaliated with a swipe of his paw, claws splayed, squarely hitting the slight girl.  His glare remained on Barry as the man struggled to his feet.

"We need to go. " Whether through your earpiece or through the chill air, you can hear the pain in Barry's voice as he stutters out the words. Barry begins to stumble away in some semblance of a run.

The tiger paces, bloody and angry, but doesn't pursue.
Wednesday
 Reckoner, 65 posts
Thu 12 May 2016
at 18:57
The Beast
In reply to Moreau (msg # 19):

Noting the direction that Barry goes, Wednesday sees an opportunity.
We need to see if this one can heal . . . Wait. He starts to run past Barry, going into the nearest house. As he leaves them behind, he shouts over his shoulder, "This way!"

I hope they get the idea.
Kaylee
 Reckoner, 155 posts
Thu 12 May 2016
at 19:16
The Beast
In reply to Wednesday (msg # 20):

Kaylee's not entirely sure what Wednesday's plan is, but she knows she's just about done for and intends to live to see this fucker slaughtered another day. There's not much more fight left in her, but she uses her last remaining strength to duck past the angry beast and attempts to hoist Em up onto her shoulders in a fireman's carry. She couldn't just leave this kid here.
Barry
 Reckoner, 192 posts
Thu 12 May 2016
at 19:45
The Beast
In reply to Kaylee (msg # 21):

Why is he stopping in a house?! "Not here!" Barry yells. Barry knows he needs help but he wants to get further away from the tiger. He runs past and keeps going.
Fatemaker
 GM, 62 posts
Thu 12 May 2016
at 21:51
The Beast
In reply to Barry (msg # 22):

Moreau watched the two men run away from him. Wednesday threw himself at the door of a nearby house and managed to break down the door.

The tiger watches, but does not pursue, rather taking interest in Kaylee as she struggled to lift the beaten teenager from the ground. The tiger circled the two youths intently, and made a batting swipe with one paw, barely missing Kaylee's face.

Though she tried heroically, Kaylee lost grip on Em's body and the smaller teen hit the ground, letting out a small whimper as they made contact with the snow. The tiger seems to cruelly grin.

"Leave me this one at least, pretty? It's going to die anyhow, let me have my fun," the mocking voice of Moreau rumbles forth from the tiger's chest.

This message was last edited by the GM at 23:29, Thu 12 May 2016.

Kaylee
 Reckoner, 156 posts
Thu 12 May 2016
at 22:25
The Beast
In reply to Fatemaker (msg # 23):

"No," Kaylee snaps venomously. "She's not your plaything."

Although her body's exhausted and she feels drained beyond belief, Kaylee gives one last attempt to lift Em and manages to get the slight kid up and into a fireman's carry.
Moreau
 NPC, 7 posts
Thu 12 May 2016
at 22:59
The Beast
In reply to Kaylee (msg # 24):

"Of course she is," the tiger chuckled.

He took a single paw and swatted at the girl, this time claws sheathed. It connected solidly with Kaylee's side, and though her bruised body protested the blow with every fibre, she managed to keep her hold on Em.

Though Kaylee never imagined to be in this scenario, she recognized it; cat and mouse, predator and prey. There was a single cat that someone had taken with them to the wilds, and it would sometimes bring back a vole or bird alive, just to play with it before it died.

"Do you want to join her, pretty?" Moreau mocked the girl.
Barry
 Reckoner, 193 posts
Thu 12 May 2016
at 23:08
The Beast
In reply to Kaylee (msg # 24):

"Where are you?!" Barry softly yells into his earpiece.
Kaylee
 Reckoner, 157 posts
Thu 12 May 2016
at 23:37
The Beast
In reply to Barry (msg # 26):

"Trying to save this kid's ass," Kaylee hisses back at Barry.

Eyes on the beast, she retreats back to the house Wednesday disappeared into, Em still on her shoulders. Kaylee remains wary of the cat's every move, ready to dodge an attack if need be.
Barry
 Reckoner, 194 posts
Thu 12 May 2016
at 23:43
The Beast
In reply to Kaylee (msg # 27):

"Who cares about the kid! She's dead anyway!" He replies. "Just ditch her!"
Moreau
 NPC, 8 posts
Fri 13 May 2016
at 00:34
The Beast
In reply to Kaylee (msg # 27):

"Do you really think that will help, pretty girl?" the tiger paced back and forth, "Listen to your friend. He's a lot smarter than you,"

Moreau lunged at Kaylee, and although the slight girl ducked to avoid the blow, the tiger's paw collided with her torso, knocking the wind out of her. Kaylee stumbled to the ground and lay still, Em tumbling down beside her at the entrance to the door.
Barry
 Reckoner, 195 posts
Fri 13 May 2016
at 00:57
The Beast
In reply to Moreau (msg # 29):

As Barry is is running he glances back to see the toppled Kaylee. Kaylee had her chance to leave and going back may will likely get him killed too, especially in his current state. His body has changed and Moreau is way too strong. The proper choice for Barry is to keep running and to accept that Kaylee's fate will be left with Moreau.
Wednesday
 Reckoner, 66 posts
Fri 13 May 2016
at 02:34
The Beast
Wednesday looks at the man desperately. Hearing the rumble of the tiger and the bodies hitting the ground, increasing his panic.

"I don't want to cause you trouble. But my friends are in trouble and I need help. Please." He says desperately, a tremble in his voice. "Just some ammonia, or cleaning fluid." He begs, letting his pitch rise.
Terrified Housedad
Fri 13 May 2016
at 02:58
The Beast
In reply to Wednesday (msg # 31):

"P-please...I have a son...I-I can't let tha' thing g-get to him..."

The man's voice and hands shook, but at the sound of the bodies hitting the ground, he let out a yelp and, with panicked eyes darting left and right, motioned for the older man to come into the house. Even in his panic, he never let go of his worn woodcutting axe.
Wednesday
 Reckoner, 67 posts
Fri 13 May 2016
at 07:40
The Beast
In reply to Terrified Housedad (msg # 32):

Please let this work. Wednesday slams what is left of the door back into place. "And believe me, I don't want that either. I have lost my own children to Epics. Take what you can and go, so far it only wants me. And here," Wednesday pulls out a pouch of seeds, "Take this and get to a neighbors. I will hold it off as best I can."

He offers the seeds to the man. "But you have to choose now. We don't have much time."
Terrified Housedad
Fri 13 May 2016
at 07:54
The Beast
In reply to Wednesday (msg # 33):

The man looked at the seeds and then snatched them away from Wenesday.

"Liam?" He shouted to the loft above. A boy with dark, shaggy hair peered over the lip, eyes wide with fear.

 "C-c'mon...we're gonna go now," the young father stammered to his son. The boy shakily climbed down the ladder and the man hastily shoved the child into an oversized coat, struggling to put one on himself.

"Let's go find Mommy, o-okay?" The man plastered a smile that even young Liam could see through, and then  scooped up the boy to run out a small back door, coat half on and still clinging to  the axe.

You can hear ravens scolding him as he runs away.
Wednesday
 Reckoner, 68 posts
Fri 13 May 2016
at 08:02
The Beast
In reply to Terrified Housedad (msg # 34):

Relived that they are out of there, Wednesday barricades the door with the nearest thing that he can. He then proceeds into the kitchen, searching for anything that could help him distract the Tiger.
Fatemaker
 GM, 63 posts
Fri 13 May 2016
at 08:41
The Beast
In reply to Wednesday (msg # 35):

Wednesday scrabbled through the tiny cabin. It didn't take much effort to uncover a container of pickling salt and a locked box. The lock on the box was poorly made, and opened with minimal work.

Inside, he found a bottle of bleach, a few jars of alcohol, unlabeled containers of pills, a bag of seeds, a jewel on a silver chain, and a small wooden box.it seemed that the denizens of the house decided to lock up items to save them from curious hands both inside and outside their home. 

Wednesday
 Reckoner, 69 posts
Fri 13 May 2016
at 08:56
The Beast
In reply to Fatemaker (msg # 36):

Wednesday grabs the bleach, readying it. Taking a quick look over the rest of the contents, he pockets the seeds, the jewel, the alcohol and the box as best he can. He rushes back to the door, unstopping it and peeks out to make sure the tiger is still there.
Fatemaker
 GM, 64 posts
Fri 13 May 2016
at 09:10
The Beast
In reply to Wednesday (msg # 37):

The audience of ravens still adorns the rooftops, but one bird has landed next to the tiger. It speaks in a woman's voice as cold as the air surrounding you.

"Leave that one. She may serve a better purpose later."

The words seem directed at Kaylee, who lays motionless but for a slight rise and fall of her chest in the snow before the cabin door. The tiger growls, but heeds the bird's words. Moreau takes one of Em's legs in his mouth and unceremoniously swings the teen around to leave.

Wednesday
 Reckoner, 70 posts
Fri 13 May 2016
at 09:41
The Beast
In reply to Fatemaker (msg # 38):

Shit. There are more of them. Wednesday thought. Do we leave Em? She is likely dead anyway. If anything, this was a time for caution. Maybe if the other two had been up they could have had a chance. But now with the crows being a part of the action, that threw his whole plan under the train.

Wait, does that mean the crows saw them leave? Thinking back to the recent occupants of the house. I fucked up didn't I?

"Well, nowhere else to go for now." Wednesday whispered under his breath. "Lets see if we can't figure some other things out." He says a prayer under his breath for Em, and waits for the tiger to pass, keeping an eye on the crows.
Fatemaker
 GM, 65 posts
Fri 13 May 2016
at 18:18
The Beast
In reply to Wednesday (msg # 39):

The tiger slouches by, dragging Em by their good leg. The teen's limbs splayed like a rag doll's and you can only just hear their ragged breathing. Moreau travels past all the cookie-cutter houses and towards the border into District 2, then disappears from sight.

As he does so, most of the raven entourage abandons the scene. Around four continue to follow the tiger, including the one who spoke in the icy woman's voice.

In the end, only one raven remains, bright black eyes keenly watching Kaylee, but without the obsessive nature of a spectator; these were the hungry eyes of a scavenger.

This message was last edited by the GM at 18:19, Fri 13 May 2016.

Wednesday
 Reckoner, 71 posts
Fri 13 May 2016
at 20:45
The Beast
In reply to Fatemaker (msg # 40):

Wednesday notes the "wild" animals exiting the stage, and opens the door, proceeding cautiously out to Kaylee, ignoring the raven. He checks her vitals, and pokes her, "You awake? Do you hear me? Just wiggle something."

He will then proceed to carry her into the house, to see to any wounds that she may have sustained.

"That could have gone better girl. Hang in there."

This message was last edited by the player at 20:48, Fri 13 May 2016.

Fatemaker
 GM, 66 posts
Fri 13 May 2016
at 21:14
The Beast
In reply to Wednesday (msg # 41):

And what shoulder and what art
Could twist the sinews of thy heart?
And when thy heart began to beat,
What dread hand and what dread feet?

What the hammer? what the chain?
In what furnace was thy brain?
What the anvil? What dread grasp
Dare its deadly terrors clasp?