The City.   Posted by Fatemaker.Group: 0
Kaylee
 Reckoner, 168 posts
Wed 18 May 2016
at 07:00
The City
In reply to Josiah (msg # 50):


Kaylee had decided to leave the talking to the two men - she isn't the most creative liar and Wednesday seemed to know what he was doing - but when Josiah tries whisking Barry away she grabs the new guy firmly by the elbow and says, "Sorry, we really gotta run. Maybe another time."
Josiah
Wed 18 May 2016
at 07:09
The City
In reply to Kaylee (msg # 51):

The man's jovial demeanor wavers for a moment as he seems to calculate his decision. Then it returns in full force, maybe even a little too much force.

"All right, I can tell you're in a rush," he let Barry's shoulder go and gave it a light pat, as though he was worried he may have broken it, "I'll be sure to tell Aunt Rosie that you stopped by,"

His voice gained a sarcastic edge, "Do be sure to stop by again soon. We miss you."

With that he vanished into the booths with the ease of someone who did so on a daily basis.

This message was last edited by the GM at 07:11, Wed 18 May 2016.

Kaylee
 Reckoner, 169 posts
Wed 18 May 2016
at 07:14
The City
In reply to Josiah (msg # 52):

As soon as Josiah's out of earshot, Kaylee says, "We need to get to a doctor."
Barry
 Reckoner, 207 posts
Wed 18 May 2016
at 07:18
The City
In reply to Josiah (msg # 52):

Barry realizes that aunt Rosie could have been Rosalee, the person he'd been looking for. With some force he manages to let out an exasperated "But that was?!...." before losing his breath and going into a coughing fit.

"We...*cough* should... go follow.!" *cough cough cough* pointing at the direction he left.

This message was last edited by the player at 07:25, Wed 18 May 2016.

Kaylee
 Reckoner, 170 posts
Wed 18 May 2016
at 07:27
The City
In reply to Barry (msg # 54):

"Uhhh..." Kaylee eyes Barry up and down. "No. We'll find him another time."
Barry
 Reckoner, 208 posts
Wed 18 May 2016
at 07:34
The City
In reply to Kaylee (msg # 55):

"But the information..." Barry whined. Barry personally couldn't yell across or chase the kid fast enough so if the were to get him it would have to be Kaylee or Wednesday.
Kaylee
 Reckoner, 171 posts
Wed 18 May 2016
at 07:37
The City
In reply to Barry (msg # 56):

"Will still be there after we see the doctor." Kaylee feels oddly motherly. She doesn't like that so she crinkles her nose in distaste and then grabs Barry roughly by the arm. "You know where we might find one?" she asks Wednesday.
Barry
 Reckoner, 209 posts
Wed 18 May 2016
at 07:42
The City
In reply to Kaylee (msg # 57):

"Fine... but we're coming back!" Barry raise his voice. *Cough Cough* "that hurt... *cough* I gave you coordinates to a doc."
Barry pull himself off Kaylee. " and I can walk myself..."
Wednesday
 Reckoner, 88 posts
Wed 18 May 2016
at 07:47
The City
In reply to Barry (msg # 56):

"You sure we should trust that one?" Wednesday inquired." He was stunned at how forcefully Josiah had tried to leave with Barry, and had gotten lost in his mind at the mention of Aunt Rosie. She sounds like someone to know.

"I know another doctor. And trust them far more than any one pulled from a database." He addressed Kaylee.
Kaylee
 Reckoner, 172 posts
Wed 18 May 2016
at 07:51
The City
In reply to Wednesday (msg # 59):

"Yeah, that was the plan," Kaylee snaps at Barry, irritated. She's trying to accommodate for him, and he's not appreciating it. "Yeah, who's that?" she asks Wednesday. "They any good?"
Wednesday
 Reckoner, 89 posts
Wed 18 May 2016
at 21:00
The City
In reply to Kaylee (msg # 60):

"I would trust them with my life." Wednesday leaves that with them, "And even if he wasn't good, he would know who we could talk to. It has just been a while since we have spoken." He ends with a slight note of nervousness.
Kaylee
 Reckoner, 173 posts
Wed 18 May 2016
at 21:13
The City
In reply to Wednesday (msg # 61):

Kaylee detects nervousness in Wednesday's tone and frowns. Their last encounter must've ended poorly. But Kaylee still likes this option better than a doctor from a database and so says, "Alright. Let's go."
Barry
 Reckoner, 210 posts
Wed 18 May 2016
at 21:45
The City
In reply to Kaylee (msg # 62):

Barry still distrusts Wednesday enough not to trust his sources.

*cough* clearing his throat, "But, 'Susan' recommends this one," Barry argues. " It's not like Devon *cough* to leave Sue with bad info."
Kaylee
 Reckoner, 174 posts
Wed 18 May 2016
at 22:29
The City
In reply to Barry (msg # 63):

"That's true," Kaylee agrees. She isn't sure which doctor they should check out. Although she doesn't really trust Barry by this point (considering he'd abandoned her to run from Moreau), Wednesday isn't a Reckoner - even though he'd saved her life.

But SUE was the one who'd recommended Barry's guy and Kaylee trusts SUE more than either Wednesday or her partner.

"I'll go with the one SUE picked out," she decides.
Wednesday
 Reckoner, 90 posts
Thu 19 May 2016
at 06:02
The City
In reply to Kaylee (msg # 64):



Wednesday remains silent, before finally agreeing to their idea."If you say so. I am outvoted."
If this one trust her, then I will do my best to help them there.
He turns to them, "Where is this doctor of yours located?"
Barry
 Reckoner, 211 posts
Thu 19 May 2016
at 06:38
The City
In reply to Wednesday (msg # 65):

"The university..." he explains, "be cautious."

Barry, begins walking out of the tradepost expecting the others behind him. The decision to leave without getting anything accomplished is very disappointing to Barry but he knows that he needs help. The transformation still causes aches and the stiff exoskeleton made movements slow an ineffective for future missions. He takes a deep burning breath and releases it as a sad sigh as he exits.
Kaylee
 Reckoner, 175 posts
Thu 19 May 2016
at 18:52
The City
In reply to Barry (msg # 66):

Kaylee follows after Barry, grateful for his slow pace.
Fatemaker
 GM, 75 posts
Thu 19 May 2016
at 19:45
The City
In reply to Kaylee (msg # 67):

The cold air outside the Tradepost hits you like a wall as you exit. The fog of District 2 soon reduces the haphazardly constructed building behind you into a shape, then a color, then nothing.

At the pace the two injured members of your little group set, it took a long while to reach the edges of the University. When you did, the atmosphere of the environment changed abruptly. The fog vanished, and what you emerged into may as well have been a different city.

It was still summer frozen over, but the mood had shifted. Here, while the buildings were still encased in a decade of ice, they were maintained, paths kept, with amateur ice sculptures dotting the borders. Unlike the rest of the city you have seen so far, there are the corpses of trees still standing; everywhere else, the trees were long ago cut down for fuel or shelter. Also notable is the presence of vehicles, many with solar cells on their roofs, or look like they were grown rather than built, all organic curves and edges.

You all have heard of this place. The people who lived and worked here were the ones too smart for their own good, ones that Cataclysm and other High Epics needed to watch, but also to use for their own advancements, either in weapons,  transportation, medicine, or otherl departments like propaganda or surveillance. But that was only one part of the story.

The world had changed. Science as it had existed before couldn't function under the iron fist of a dictator- with the introduction of beings who could warp the world to their whims, any regulation vanished altogether. The people who did research here now, did so while knowing there were no boundaries to what they could attempt, so long as it didn't interfere with the reign of the new gods. Unless a discovery directly threatened an Epic, anything went.

You ascended the hill to the upper portion of the University, where the doctor was supposed to work. The mountains surrounding the back of the small city were new, brought forth when Cataclysm made his claim, but he took great care to spare the campus and the students, most of whom continued to work and live on the same grounds.

You finally reach your destination, a glass and steel building that looks entirely out of place with the structures surrounding it and the architecture you have come to associate with Ozymandias. A raven puffs out its chest and croaks from the rooftop. You can see people moving within, many smartly dressed or sporting lab coats. The traveling cloaks and fur coats you wear seem starkly out of place.

The directions to the doctor end with this building.

What do you do?

This message was last edited by the GM at 19:59, Thu 19 May 2016.

Barry
 Reckoner, 212 posts
Thu 19 May 2016
at 20:10
The City
In reply to Fatemaker (msg # 68):

*cough cough*
Realizing that it might be problematic walking in in they're current outfits, Barry decides to see if he can get more information. Mouth covered by cloth to block out the painful frigid air. Minimizing the pain, Barry, just audible enough says to SUE, "SUE.... does Yorik have a number."
Wednesday
 Reckoner, 91 posts
Thu 19 May 2016
at 20:57
The City
In reply to Fatemaker (msg # 68):

Wednesday takes a look at the raven, before examining the entrance of the building. There are a few ways we can do this. Which way to go? He ponders in silence before asking, "Any last words? If we don't make it back that is." With a slight grin.
S.U.E.
 NPC, 58 posts
Thu 19 May 2016
at 22:55
The City
In reply to Barry (msg # 69):

Yes. He has a number listed. Do you need me to call him?

SUE sounded drily exasperated, as though she already knew the answer.
Barry
 Reckoner, 213 posts
Fri 20 May 2016
at 01:22
The City
In reply to S.U.E. (msg # 71):

"Yes please", in response to SUE. " And add ka..ka...*cough* kaylee to the call too."
S.U.E.
 NPC, 59 posts
Fri 20 May 2016
at 01:28
The City
In reply to Barry (msg # 72):

The AI did not respond, but made the call nonetheless.

The line rings.
Kaylee
 Reckoner, 176 posts
Fri 20 May 2016
at 01:43
The City
In reply to S.U.E. (msg # 73):

Kaylee listens to the call as she examines her surroundings.
Yorik
 Reckoner, 1 post
Fri 20 May 2016
at 06:00
The City
The phone rings on a nearby desk, and fingers tap across the metal in a pondering rhythm. After the first two rings the receiver is snatched up. "This is not a number I know, which means new patients. Please do enlighten me on what ails you and I'll see if I can take time out of my busy day to help. And please, make it interesting will you?"