The Favored.   Posted by Fatemaker.Group: 0
Kaylee
 Reckoner, 393 posts
Sat 27 Aug 2016
at 02:51
The Favored
In reply to Crane (msg # 59):

Kaylee catches the "in all his ventures" that Crane adds on to the brief explanation of Yorik's obsession with the weird and disturbing. The Reckoner snickers at her companion, "Well, that sounds like it'll be fun, huh, Barry?"
Barry
 Reckoner, 465 posts
Sat 27 Aug 2016
at 10:29
The Favored
In reply to Kaylee (msg # 60):

"Woah! Don't think like that Kaylee," he says defensively. " It's just.. The only thing we agreed on was the Gala. That's it. Just two guys at a University Gala. We eat some dinner, and maybe keeping our... I mean your eyes out for trouble. Or anything odd really"
Kaylee
 Reckoner, 394 posts
Sat 27 Aug 2016
at 21:26
The Favored
In reply to Barry (msg # 61):

"Sure, sure," Kaylee relents, although her grin never wavers. She glances at her mobile for the time to find that it's only 3:30. Still... "We've probably bothered you long enough, Crane. We can get out of your hair."
Crane
Mon 26 Dec 2016
at 19:54
The Favored
In reply to Kaylee (msg # 62):

Crane shook her head in response and stated, "No, it wasn't any trouble at all. Good luck on your date Barry!" Though her voice remained as cheerfully genuine as it always seemed, the encouragement carried the slightest hint of mocking, but good-natured humor.

Kaylee exited the room, while Barry cautiously followed the sound of her footsteps, exiting a good few seconds after her.

"Toodles!" Crane called, then shut the door with a sharp click.
Barry
 Reckoner, 466 posts
Mon 26 Dec 2016
at 20:58
The Favored
In reply to Crane (msg # 63):

"Well that was exciting," Barry said, with a sarcastic tone. There was much to do in the time Kaylee was getting prettied up. Site or not it was just dressup, but it was necessary he thought. From what Barry remembered,  'fancy' was never Kaylees strongsuit and it was about time that Barry should be thinking about getting ready. "I think we should grab some food and uhmmm... head to Yoriks.."
Kaylee
 Reckoner, 395 posts
Wed 28 Dec 2016
at 07:09
The Favored
In reply to Barry (msg # 64):

"Probably more excitement than you've seen in the last two days," Kaylee mutters at Barry's sarcastic comment.

"Sure, I could go for food," Kaylee agrees. "But Wren won't get back till 4:45 so we've gotta wait to leave till then."
Barry
 Reckoner, 467 posts
Wed 28 Dec 2016
at 07:12
The Favored
In reply to Kaylee (msg # 65):

"Isn't that pushing time a little close to get there at 5:00?" Barry pointed out. "I can't really drive in my condition."
Kaylee
 Reckoner, 396 posts
Wed 28 Dec 2016
at 07:17
The Favored
In reply to Barry (msg # 66):

"Let the doctor know we'll be a little late," Kaylee instructs. She starts leading Barry down the hall and in the direction of food.
Barry
 Reckoner, 468 posts
Wed 28 Dec 2016
at 07:20
The Favored
In reply to Kaylee (msg # 67):

"Mind if you let him know? " Barry asked. "I'm blind and SUE is offline. So, phones are a bit of a problem right now."
Kaylee
 Reckoner, 397 posts
Wed 28 Dec 2016
at 07:23
The Favored
In reply to Barry (msg # 68):

"Right, sure," Kaylee agrees. "Where's your mobile?"
Barry
 Reckoner, 469 posts
Wed 28 Dec 2016
at 07:28
The Favored
In reply to Kaylee (msg # 69):

Barry reached into his pants pocket to pick out his phone. He didn't have much use for it considering the circumnstances but it was better to have it just in case someone called.

"Here." Barry held out the phone.
Kaylee
 Reckoner, 398 posts
Wed 28 Dec 2016
at 07:41
The Favored
In reply to Barry (msg # 70):

Kaylee snatches up the mobile possibly a little too eagerly and searches through Barry's contacts for Yorik Pendragon. Although the girl has somewhat improved her tech skills in the last few weeks, she still struggles to formulate a message to the good doctor. It reads:

Gunna be alittle late, dont worry ill make itup toyou later

"All done," Kaylee hands back Barry's phone with a grin once the message has been sent.

This message was last edited by the player at 07:43, Wed 28 Dec 2016.

Yorik
 Reckoner, 49 posts
Wed 28 Dec 2016
at 08:23
The Favored
In reply to Kaylee (msg # 71):

A gentle hum shook the mobile in Barry'a hand as soon as Kaylee dropped it there. The screen lit up with a short response.

Awww...ok. I'm expecting something good! 

The message was punctuated with a winking smily face and a healthy smattering of hearts.
Barry
 Reckoner, 470 posts
Wed 28 Dec 2016
at 12:57
The Favored
In reply to Yorik (msg # 72):

Barry hands back the mobile, "What did Yorik say?"
Kaylee
 Reckoner, 399 posts
Thu 29 Dec 2016
at 18:03
The Favored
In reply to Barry (msg # 73):

Kaylee glances to the mobile as it lights up and smirks. To Barry's question she answers, "Sounds a little disappointed, but it should be okay."
Fatemaker
 GM, 113 posts
Thu 29 Dec 2016
at 20:44
The Favored
In reply to Kaylee (msg # 74):

The two Reckoners left down the hallway, backtracking to the maze of employee routes and taking a detour to the kitchen to snag some food before leaving.  A woman only just out of her twenties presented them with a basic stew, still warm, and heavy bread whose smell permeated the entire floor with mouthwatering scent.

Though simple- nothing like client fare or the delicate desserts in Kestrel's lounge- the food at the Aerie was still some of the best either Reckoner had ever eaten.

After licking her  bowl clean with manners Heron would surely frown upon, Kaylee felt a tap on her shoulder.

"I got out a bit early. You ready?"
Kaylee
 Reckoner, 400 posts
Mon 2 Jan 2017
at 21:02
The Favored
In reply to Fatemaker (msg # 75):

Kaylee sets down her bowl and turns to face the owner of the voice. She responds, "Mostly, I gotta put the dress back on though."
Barry
 Reckoner, 471 posts
Mon 2 Jan 2017
at 21:08
The Favored
In reply to Kaylee (msg # 76):

After finishing his last bite of bread he responds to presence of another person. "Oh hey." Replied Barry.

"You said early? What time is it?"

This message was last edited by the player at 21:10, Mon 02 Jan 2017.

Wren
 NPC, 24 posts
Mon 2 Jan 2017
at 21:20
The Favored
In reply to Kaylee (msg # 76):

As Kaylee turned, she saw Wren, the person she had known the voice belonged to, but there was something different about her face. It was almost as though she had sharpened the bones beneath her skin, lending her face a more sculpted appearance, though nothing as drastic as the makeup Kaylee sported.

Her dark hair was pulled up into a knot, and looked carefully unkept, just untidy enough to show a lack of care regarding her appearance, but just enough that the look didn't fall sloppy. A sharply spicy, yet still sweet smell lingered faintly in the air around her, unfamiliar to both Kaylee and Barry. She wore the suit she had chosen that morning for work, shining silver buttons on deep blue and black. Small silver hoops decorated her ears.

She took back her hand sharply as she saw Kaylee's face and her face contorted into a strained expression. Confusion and maybe a hit of revulsion fought for control under a smile.

"You look...different," she finally stated after a moments-too-long pause to choose the right adjective. After another pause she answered Barry, "It's 4:15-ish."
Barry
 Reckoner, 472 posts
Tue 3 Jan 2017
at 06:04
The Favored
In reply to Wren (msg # 78):

"Maybe we won't be late then," Barry stated. "I'll need help with my stuff from the truck but I'm ready to go whenever you guys are. I don't know how we are traveling but driving is definitely out of the question with my condition."
Kaylee
 Reckoner, 401 posts
Wed 4 Jan 2017
at 20:56
The Favored
In reply to Barry (msg # 79):

Kaylee notices Wren's aversion to her make up and shrugs, not taking much offense. "Yeah," she agrees. "It's different. I'm not a fan." She pauses to muster up the courage to say, "But you look really nice."

To shift the attention off her previous comment, she quickly responds to Barry, "Sure, we can get whatever you need, but let me get dressed first."
Barry
 Reckoner, 473 posts
Wed 4 Jan 2017
at 21:03
The Favored
In reply to Kaylee (msg # 80):

"Sounds like a plan." Barry was not thrilled to be needing all the help he's been getting lately or the fact he had to go on a day with the doctor, but it had to be done. Maybe he can eventually manage himself himself alone, but now wasn't the time.
Wren
 NPC, 25 posts
Wed 4 Jan 2017
at 21:13
The Favored
In reply to Barry (msg # In reply to Kaylee (msg # 80):

"I've got it in here," Wren shrugged one of her shoulders to show a bulging leather satchel, "The dress," she clarified, "You don't want to be seen going anywhere looking that fancy. At least not around here. Do you want to be beat and robbed blind?" A sneer crept into her voice as she explained.

"Your truck is out back, right?" She asked and took a few steps away with the air of one who expected to be followed.
Barry
 Reckoner, 474 posts
Wed 4 Jan 2017
at 21:25
The Favored
In reply to Wren (msg # 82):

"If no one moved it, it should be there." Barry got up, satisfied with his meal and ready to leave.
Kaylee
 Reckoner, 402 posts
Thu 5 Jan 2017
at 00:14
The Favored
In reply to Barry (msg # 83):

"Oh, right," Kaylee agrees dumbly, nodding. She follows after Wren.