The Protected.   Posted by Fatemaker.Group: archive 2
Wednesday
 Reckoner, 21 posts
Mon 23 Nov 2015
at 06:35
The Protected
In reply to Saria (msg # 41):

Wednesday glares at her, then turns his attention back to the gunman.
"I am going to put her down, nice and slowly. Please don't shoot."

He starts to lower her to the floor, slowly and gently, cautious of the gun.

I have to trust someone to get out of this mess, or fake it long enough to.

The Stranger
Wed 25 Nov 2015
at 01:36
The Protected
In reply to Wednesday (msg # 42):

The man kept his pistol trained on Wednesday, but moved closer to Haely as she was set on the ground. He pushed off a glove and reached down to gently feel for the girl's pulse.

His motions grew more frantic as he searched at her wrist and then moved to her neck. His head whipped around to meet Wednesday.

"She's dead." The statement was low and threatening.
Wednesday
 Reckoner, 22 posts
Sat 28 Nov 2015
at 10:00
The Protected
In reply to The Stranger (msg # 43):

" . . . well shit." he sighs. Grimacing over the dead body, shoulders sag.
"How should we . . . how could we help you bury the body?"
I don't know her religion, and he doesn't sound in the mood to talk about funeral rites.
Barry
 Reckoner, 38 posts
Sun 27 Dec 2015
at 09:05
The Protected
In reply to Wednesday (msg # 44):

This went downhill fast. After seeing the girl die, Barry contemplates just running but feels conflicted as to whether or not he should leave Behind his ally Saria. She hasn't done much to benefit the team but she may end up leading the Epics back to base.

Barry sends a message through SUE.

[Private to S.U.E.: through text: Sue, send saria this message. Do you think you can get out of the room safely? I might be able to trap him in there.]
The Stranger
Fri 1 Jan 2016
at 10:35
The Protected
In reply to Barry (msg # 45):

"You Epic-serving freaks deserve whatever comes to you,' the masked man spat. Without elaborating this point, he left the lifeless girl where she lay and rushed back the way he arrived. The open door swung slightly wider as he brushed by, and his footsteps quickly faded into the Greenhouse.
Barry
 Reckoner, 39 posts
Fri 1 Jan 2016
at 10:50
The Protected
In reply to The Stranger (msg # 46):

Barry reappears from behind the door. "Well that was a lot cleaner than expected... Lets get out of here, we've wasted too much time," Gale says as he gestures for the two to follow along.

"Leave the body. We don't need the extra luggage."

Gale begins backtracking to the nearest exit as indicated on his device.
Wednesday
 Reckoner, 23 posts
Fri 1 Jan 2016
at 14:06
The Protected
In reply to Barry (msg # 47):

Wednesday leans over the body and closes her eyes.
"May your soul find its way to its afterlife, wherever that may be."

He then gets up and follows the man out.
Devon
 NPC, 22 posts
Sat 2 Jan 2016
at 10:02
The Protected
In reply to Wednesday (msg # 48):

...I'm tracking you...the nearest exit looks clear...get out of there NOW...

Devon's voice comes through your mobiles as you move around the darkened Greenhouse. You hear footsteps around you, but manage to avoid any confrontation, except with one man, dressed in the same white as Haely had been wearing. He yelps at the sight of you and runs the other direction, grass growing through cracks where his feet touch the floor. It quickly shrivels and dies as his footsteps fade.

You near the door.

[Private to Wednesday: You do not hear Devon.]

This message was last edited by the player at 10:02, Sat 02 Jan 2016.

Barry
 Reckoner, 40 posts
Sat 2 Jan 2016
at 10:52
The Protected
In reply to Devon (msg # 49):

Barry slowly opens the door and peers out to see if there are any enforcement nearby.
Wednesday
 Reckoner, 24 posts
Sun 3 Jan 2016
at 02:47
The Protected
In reply to Devon (msg # 49):

That seems odd . . . who is that? Wednesday thinks to himself. He tapps the man's shoulders, pointing silently at the ground, to the man's footprints.
"He looks valuable." is uttered solemnly.

[Private to Fatemaker: Does the dead grass stay?]
Barry
 Reckoner, 41 posts
Sun 3 Jan 2016
at 06:31
The Protected
In reply to Wednesday (msg # 51):

"I don't care. Stay behind if you want but i have places to be," Gale mutters.
Devon
 NPC, 23 posts
Sun 3 Jan 2016
at 10:19
The Protected
In reply to Barry (msg # 52):

As you look out of the Greenhouse, you see two bodies on the ground- Jacob, and an Enforcement officer. Blood is pooled in scarlet blossoms all around each corpse. There are no locals to be seen, dead or alive.

...wait...

As you are about to leave, a group of Enforcement officers round the corner of a building and approach the door. You see another person dash out from opposite you. Their face is cloaked in shadows which dissipate as soon as you see her. Devon's gaunt face and now-mess of blonde hair is recognizable even at this distance. Your mobile comes to life again.

...make sure you find Kaylee...I'm sorry...

"HEY!" Her hoarse voice echoes across the streets and bounces off the ramshackle buildings. The officers turn to the noise and one raises a hand.
Barry
 Reckoner, 42 posts
Sun 3 Jan 2016
at 10:35
The Protected
In reply to Devon (msg # 53):

FUCK!! Not you... I shouldn't have taken so long. This is my fault.

Barry clenches his fist In guilt. Her dying would be partially his fault because he disobeyed orders and wasted time. However, he doesn't let this opportunity go to waste.

"Let's go while we have a chance!" Barry mutters as he gestures everyone to follow him out as he exits the building.

This message was last edited by the player at 20:53, Sun 03 Jan 2016.

Wednesday
 Reckoner, 25 posts
Mon 4 Jan 2016
at 00:13
The Protected
In reply to Barry (msg # 54):

"Lead the way." Wednesday hollowly replied. Keeping pace in step only.

Could I have done something differently? Was it me? I may have done this before, but why did this one unsettle me so much.


Reaffirming his gaze, he put his mind back on the task at hand. A wolf's grin crossed his face.
There will be time to think about this later. Concentrate. And don't forget to smile.
Fatemaker
 GM, 34 posts
Mon 4 Jan 2016
at 07:59
The Protected
In reply to Wednesday (msg # 55):

You hurriedly exit the Greenhouse and make your way down the streets of District 3. Where there was bustle and life before, there is a deathly silence, interrupted only by a single gunshot and a sound like a clap of thunder. For all intents and purposes, you are just another set of frightened locals.

The three of you manage to collectively use your wits to eventually make it to what you recognize as the edge of the district.
Barry
 Reckoner, 43 posts
Mon 4 Jan 2016
at 08:27
The Protected
In reply to Fatemaker (msg # 56):

Knowing that the group is no longer being chased by enforcement. Barry comes to a halt as they hit the edge of the district. He turns around and pulls out his pistol at the random hitchhiker from the greenhouse.

 "Okay, sir... You've been following us the whole time. What's your deal??" Gale frustratingly questions.

"We're out of the greenhouse now. We have places to go and I assume you have your own place to go to. From my standpoint, we should be parting ways now." Gale spoke.
Wednesday
 Reckoner, 26 posts
Mon 4 Jan 2016
at 21:40
The Protected
In reply to Barry (msg # 57):

"Yes I have my own place to go. Unfortunately it is not a place that is easy to get into." Wednesday replies.
"You see, I have a very special friend in the second District. I want to get back there for purposes of arson, general mayhem, and *ahem* their destruction." His eye shifts down.
"I can see that you are not really known in their circles yet. And it looks like you can hold your own." Shifts back up, with a fire in them.
"You seem like the type to get things done. I can only offer you what is left of my home, and perhaps whatever other payment I can get my hands on to make it worth your while. Could you help me get to District 2?"
Barry
 Reckoner, 44 posts
Mon 4 Jan 2016
at 22:07
The Protected
In reply to Wednesday (msg # 58):

"I'm not looking for any sort of payment and we have our own job to do right now." Barry replies.
"The only reason that I could see for us to take this job is if this 'special person' is someone who we want dealt with as well" He added.

"Tell me the persons name" Barry commands. "We have plans now but if this person is of any interest, we may consider helping you out in district 2."
Wednesday
 Reckoner, 27 posts
Tue 5 Jan 2016
at 04:35
The Protected
In reply to Barry (msg # 59):

"Would the name Miasma ring any bells?" Wednesday inquired.
Barry
 Reckoner, 45 posts
Tue 5 Jan 2016
at 05:15
The Protected
In reply to Wednesday (msg # 60):

Barry brings his left wrist up to his mouth to speak into his device. "Look up the name Miasma and tell me what you find," Barry instructed, just loud enough for the speaker to pick up Barry's voice.
S.U.E.
 NPC, 9 posts
Tue 5 Jan 2016
at 06:02
The Protected
In reply to Barry (msg # 61):

Here it is.

SUE's voice chirps through your mobile and a chunk of text appears on the screen. SUE begins to read the information in an inappropriately peppy voice.

EPIC NAME: MIASMA (Susan McGlynn)

POWER PORTFOLIO:
Poison creation- the ability to create a variety of airborn toxins, usually non-lethal, although has been seen to be fatal if enough is ingested. Effects have been seen to range from hallucinogenic to paralytic. For a complete list of recorded toxins, reference section 11.23.
Minor water manipulation- the ability to control water in the form of fog, and to convert water from this fog into different states, such as through condensation, sublimation, or deposition. Miasma uses the manipulation of this fog to tranport toxins through the air.
Minor phasing- Miasma has demonstrated on several occasions to phase her hands and feet through solid material. It is unknown if this ability is full-body or simply the extremities.

NOTES: While Miasma is one of the four main Epics beneath Cataclysm, is not a High Epic.

KNOWN WEAKNESS: None, but is damaged by normal weaponry

THEORIZED WEAKNESS: Miasma has been known to execute seemingly harmless individuals. No investigation has occurred, and no connection has yet been made by S.U.E.

PREVIOUS HISTORY: Miasma was a resident of Ozymandias before the rise of Calamity, and made her claim on what would become District 2 very shortly before the arrival of Cataclysm. She appeared to have made her partnership with Escher about two years after the establishment of Ozymandias.
Barry
 Reckoner, 46 posts
Tue 5 Jan 2016
at 06:50
The Protected
In reply to S.U.E. (msg # 62):

"Hmmmm...We may have some common interest then but it will be for another day," Barry decided. "However, now we call it a night and you need to get going. Give me a number and we can give you a heads up."
Wednesday
 Reckoner, 28 posts
Tue 5 Jan 2016
at 07:22
The Protected
In reply to Barry (msg # 63):

"That is good. Here is my number." Wednesday replies. "Put it under Wednesday. And may I have your's?"
Barry
 Reckoner, 47 posts
Tue 5 Jan 2016
at 07:40
The Protected
In reply to Wednesday (msg # 64):

"The number is [**********] and put that under Barry," Barry responds. "We'll let you know when we head to district 2. You should be safe from the enforcement from the greenhouse at this point. See you then and good night."

Barry waves his gun, gesturing Wednesday to leave.

This message was last edited by the player at 07:55, Tue 05 Jan 2016.

Wednesday
 Reckoner, 29 posts
Tue 5 Jan 2016
at 08:00
The Protected
In reply to Barry (msg # 65):

"You may wish to put that gun away before you get seen and shot Barry." Wednesday winks, turns, and walks around the nearest corner.

Off to find a place to sleep.