Tavern Talk (OOC)   Posted by Raellus.Group: 0
Nicolai Romanelli
 Adventurer, 417 posts
 Human Rogue
 Tegyrius
Sun 3 Jul 2016
at 23:19
Re: It's Time!
If no one beats me to it, I'll get it after dinner or in the morning after I run.
Raellus
 GM, 563 posts
 Sage
 Raconteur
Wed 6 Jul 2016
at 17:06
Re: It's Time!

Alright, I'll wing it.

-
Corros Graelor
 Adventurer, 307 posts
 Half-Elf Warlock
 keys138
Wed 6 Jul 2016
at 17:32
Re: It's Time!
Sorry,
Posting was on my to do list for today.  Then I fell asleep after working out.  Long night, blah, blah...

If you're not already too far along in the process, Corros will share what they learned about the missing drowned rats and tell them that the creatures that killed them are more than likely dead even if the master isn't.  He will leave off that Padin is the master in question.  He will also leave it to the rats if that information is enough to reduce the price of a guide into the keep.

After that, it's probably time to rest and think about going after Overmark.
Edit: also, Welcome Back! I hope your trip was great! Washington in and around the 4th has to be pretty cool!

This message was last edited by the player at 17:34, Wed 06 July 2016.

Raellus
 GM, 565 posts
 Sage
 Raconteur
Thu 7 Jul 2016
at 02:02
I'm Back

It's good to be home. We stayed with my brother and his family near Annapolis, about an hour (depending on the traffic) from D.C. I only got to spend a few hours in the nation's capitol- my brother's 2.5-year old dictated our touring schedule and he wasn't the most patient child. The Smithsonian Air & Space and the Natural History museum were jam-packed on a Thursday and we only saw the big ticket monuments in passing. Day 2 was spent at the National Aquarium in Baltimore (slightly less packed), which I highly recommend if you have any interest in that sort of thing. At the nearby pier, my brother's USN I.D. got us four historical ship tours for the price of one but we were only able to board the U.S.S. Constellation due to some pretty intense weather that rolled in. The weather also pushed the July 4th celebrations in my bro's neck of the woods forward to July 3rd, catching us a bit flat-footed. We still saw some pretty cool fireworks, though, supplemented by a few fireflies- something we don't get here in Arizona. The highlight of the trip would have to be the day trip we took (my bro's fam sat that one out) to Gettysburg on Day 3- it was the 153rd anniversary [of day 2] of the battle (I hadn't really planned that out). I'd read about the epic "turning point" in various books over the years but was surprised by the scale of the battlefield. We spent the whole day there. The introductory film, cyclorama, and museum at the visitor center were all excellent. Having experienced the place with my own senses, I can't wait to reread the Killer Angels. Yesterday, we toured the Naval Academy and whacked at whole crabs with hammers for lunch. All in all, it was a pretty good trip.




As for the game, I've posted something to get it going again. If you have more to say to Thumek, feel free to post it IC- it just seemed like y'all were done with that so I advanced the plot a bit. The current scenario will hopefully get the creative juices flowing. Let me know if you have any questions.

-

This message was last edited by the GM at 02:36, Thu 07 July 2016.

Corros Graelor
 Adventurer, 309 posts
 Half-Elf Warlock
 keys138
Thu 7 Jul 2016
at 18:23
I'm Back

Good times!
My brother in law and his wife lived in Baltimore for several years while he was in grad school at Hopkins.  Now they're in DC and enjoying that lifestyle as well.  I haven't been out to visit in probably six years, but I love the area.  Glad you had fun!
Nicolai Romanelli
 Adventurer, 419 posts
 Human Rogue
 Tegyrius
Thu 7 Jul 2016
at 19:43
I'm Back
I am not thinking that surrender is in our best interests. Run, bluff, or fight?
Jenna Drax
 Adventurer, 354 posts
 Human Cleric
 Dave Ross
Thu 7 Jul 2016
at 20:02
I'm Back
I don't think we have any choice other than fight.
Nicolai Romanelli
 Adventurer, 420 posts
 Human Rogue
 Tegyrius
Thu 7 Jul 2016
at 20:28
I'm Back
Do you still take movement penalties in that magic plate? Serious question. If Ulfgar can take a speedy form, the rest of us should be able to book it no slower than the pursuers.

Also, we haven't really explored what Corros and Nic can do to mooks with their Charisma. Just saying. :)
Raellus
 GM, 566 posts
 Sage
 Raconteur
Thu 7 Jul 2016
at 20:37
I'm Back
In reply to Nicolai Romanelli (msg # 996):

I took it upon myself to roll an intimidation check for Gronk v the watchmen and the results are good. This could have two possible effects: if you fight, it'll be 5 v 6 like Corros guessed. Or, it could open a gap in the circle through which to make a run for it. Your choice.

Smoke doesn't incur a movement penalty (or stealth, I amended). It's not technically a +X item but with its other perks it's probably even better.

Keep I'm mind that a runner will provoke opportunity attack against at least a couple of PCs.

With Corros and Nic's streetcraft, you've got a decent chance to ditch any pursuers.

Hope this helps in the decision making process.

-

This message was last edited by the GM at 20:39, Thu 07 July 2016.

Jenna Drax
 Adventurer, 355 posts
 Human Cleric
 Dave Ross
Thu 7 Jul 2016
at 20:49
I'm Back
Having reviewed Arma's tenets I am reminded of the following

quote:
A Priest of Arma who displays cowardice in the face of evil risks being excommunicated

I would deem running away to be cowardice in the face of evil. Particularly when combined with this (Msg 30).

Raellus:
"A few of the sell-swords have come in here and paid their respects, but most of them have no devotion to the Warrior. They fight for personal gain and little else. As you well know, Arma frowns on bloodshed for profit. In fact, I wouldn't be surprised if many of them worshipped the Reaver."

Therefore Jenna is obliged to fight rather than run away. Chance to strike down some Reaver worshipers? Win win.

Clearly, no one else is obliged to fight with her if they don't wish to.

Alternatively, if you want to have Nic and / or Corros talk their way out of it that would also work.

This message was last edited by the player at 20:51, Thu 07 July 2016.

Corros Graelor
 Adventurer, 310 posts
 Half-Elf Warlock
 keys138
Thu 7 Jul 2016
at 21:02
I'm Back
We could certainly try the 19 cha velvet glove, but be ready to use the gauntleted fist of Arma...
Raellus
 GM, 567 posts
 Sage
 Raconteur
Fri 8 Jul 2016
at 00:34
I'm Back

Check the roller.

You've talked your way out. I'll set the next seen tomorrow morning.

-
Nicolai Romanelli
 Adventurer, 422 posts
 Human Rogue
 Tegyrius
Fri 8 Jul 2016
at 00:50
I'm Back
Booyah.  Nice speech, Keys.  :)

This message was last edited by the player at 00:50, Fri 08 July 2016.

Raellus
 GM, 569 posts
 Sage
 Raconteur
Fri 8 Jul 2016
at 17:36
I'm Back

I've amended the turn a bit to give you a clearer jumping off point.

-
Ulfgar Frostbeard
 Adventurer, 295 posts
 Hill Dwarf Druid
 Spartan-117
Sat 9 Jul 2016
at 18:44
I'm Back
Going to take a break from D&D for a bit fellas.  Starting to get burned out, which isn't good.  I need to keep some level of energy up for my RL weekly games.
Raellus
 GM, 571 posts
 Sage
 Raconteur
Sat 9 Jul 2016
at 19:45
I'm Back

That's a major bummer but thanks for letting me know. Will you be coming back at some point or have we seen the last of Ulfgar?

-
Ulfgar Frostbeard
 Adventurer, 296 posts
 Hill Dwarf Druid
 Spartan-117
Sun 10 Jul 2016
at 09:14
I'm Back
Ulfgar should probably ride off into the sunset.  Not sure he's a good fit for the game given the nature of the campaign and whatnot.  My mistake for trying to shoehorn in a druid to the setting.  Anyway, it's probably best to proceed and I'll let you know if inspiration for something more appropriate strikes.

This message was last edited by the player at 09:15, Sun 10 July 2016.

Corros Graelor
 Adventurer, 313 posts
 Half-Elf Warlock
 keys138
Mon 11 Jul 2016
at 00:19
I'm Back

Sorry to see Ulfgar go!  I've enjoyed his presence in the campaign as I'm sure you know.  Let us know if you decide to come back!



Should we aim to try and assault the Keep on the following night?
Raellus
 GM, 574 posts
 Sage
 Raconteur
Wed 13 Jul 2016
at 21:29
I'm Back
Jenna Drax:
"We could pretend we were bringing in a prisoner." The Priestess shoots a look in Gronk's direction, gives an apologetic shrug. "That might get us into the cell block. Then Gronk gets loose and in the chaos we rescue the prisoners." She shrugs again. The more she talked the less practical it sounded.

And tall as she was, she was probably a little short for a Bloodforged.


:)

Classic!

-
Nicolai Romanelli
 Adventurer, 426 posts
 Human Rogue
 Tegyrius
Wed 13 Jul 2016
at 21:43
I'm Back
So the storeroom is at ground level.  Do all supplies go up the main exterior stairs to enter and then back down a set of internal stairs, or is there a separate delivery entrance that we could exploit?

Are there any women and/or half-orcs in the Bloodforged or are they a human sausagefest?

Does Corros have any spells that can assist with mobility or is he mainly geared for foom at this point?

What can Corros still cast if he's "bound" in the position of "prisoner?"

Can Jenna enlist any of her coreligionists to assist, especially given the typical Bloodforged religious leanings?

Also, we're at kilopost limit on this thread.  Yay!
Corros Graelor
 Adventurer, 353 posts
 Half-Elf Warlock
 keys138
Mon 19 Sep 2016
at 01:29
I'm Back
Nic brings up a good point question: with the city secrets trait, can Corros get them in front of the carriage if they go post haste?
Raellus
 GM, 644 posts
 Sage
 Raconteur
Mon 19 Sep 2016
at 03:24
I'm Back

Yes, if you run/teleport.

-
Nicolai Romanelli
 Adventurer, 480 posts
 Human Rogue/Ranger
 Tegyrius
Mon 19 Sep 2016
at 19:04
I'm Back
Run now, save teleport for extraction?
Corros Graelor
 Adventurer, 354 posts
 Half-Elf Warlock
 keys138
Tue 20 Sep 2016
at 00:54
I'm Back
Yeah, save my spell slots to polymorph the dude into a small sloth and drag the three of us away with a dimension door spell.  If Rae approved of said tactics...
Raellus
 GM, 645 posts
 Sage
 Raconteur
Tue 20 Sep 2016
at 01:22
I'm Back

I admire your creativity. If you can separate him from his guards, I'll allow it. The target gets a WIS save roll, though, so someone'll prolly need to spend their inspiration to increase your odds.

EDIT: It wouldn't be a bad idea to summon reinforcements either.

Btw, the internet's been down at my house (supposedly for all of Tucson) since early PM yesterday so I'm writing this on my phone. There's no chance I'll be getting anything substantial IC until it's back up.


-

This message was last edited by the GM at 02:12, Tue 20 Sept 2016.