On the road to ReefDale.   Posted by Narrator.Group: 0
Drake 'Spike' Graveheart
 player, 30 posts
Sun 15 Nov 2015
at 00:45
On the road to ReefDale
Drake takes a whiff of the smell of the open jar and says: "Smells pretty good actually! It's the least I can do to help you and I don't want to get bitten, haha! I'll take one too." and gives Kei-El a zilver coin.
Alden Rolfe
 player, 33 posts
Sun 15 Nov 2015
at 15:10
On the road to ReefDale
In reply to Narrator (msg # 58):

Alden smells the salve, and says:

It smells mighty kind, much bettuurr then my companion at thay ...uhh mowment!
Ey will take ayy jar av that there salve.

Alden hands Kei-EL a silver coin.
Narrator
 GM, 74 posts
Sun 15 Nov 2015
at 19:00
On the road to ReefDale
He hands over three earthware cups in trade for thee silver coins.

Kei-El: "Many thanksss. Now if you would excuse me, Kei-El needsss to tend to hisss other patientsss. Please, enjoy your stay here in ReefDale young travelersss."

He then shows you out and dissapears into one of the other rooms.

This message was last edited by the GM at 19:01, Sun 15 Nov 2015.

Wilwarin
 player, 39 posts
Sun 15 Nov 2015
at 19:55
On the road to ReefDale
After putting away the cup with cream she walks outside. Wilwarin: "come lets go to Shalty Anchor to take a bath and have a place to sleep at night. We can also enjoy a nice drink overthere, are you guys in for it?"
Alden Rolfe
 player, 34 posts
Mon 16 Nov 2015
at 11:47
On the road to ReefDale
In reply to Wilwarin (msg # 64):

Alden Rolfe nods to Wilwarin and gestures for her to lead the way.

I'll follow you missy he says to her.
Drake 'Spike' Graveheart
 player, 31 posts
Tue 17 Nov 2015
at 19:22
On the road to ReefDale
In reply to Wilwarin (msg # 64):

"Yup! I'm ready for nice hot bath!" Drake says as he follows Wilwarin and Alden.
Wilwarin
 player, 40 posts
Sun 22 Nov 2015
at 16:12
On the road to ReefDale
"Ok kyra lets go to the inn!"

wilwarin leads the group to Shalty Anchor.
Narrator
 GM, 75 posts
Mon 23 Nov 2015
at 22:24
On the road to ReefDale
It is getting late and the sun is slowly setting. The air is buzzing with mosquitoes and you are tired from a long and exhausting day. People are finishing up their day and the streets are more empty then they were an hour ago. In the distance you see the Salty Anchor.


From the outside this inn looks like a sturdy wooden forest cabin. The front of the inn has a large wooden porch which is covered in its entire length by a wooden balcony which goes around on all sides of the building. The building is slightly covered in the same type of vines and moss that covers the trees in the area. On the front porch you see an elderly half-orc, wearing suspenders and a straw hat, sitting in his rocking chair while playing his banjo. A Human with a tall grey beard is sitting at the stairs with an old dog at his feet, smoking his pipe and sipping from a bottle.  A hand painted wooden sign shows a large blue anchor and the inscription reads:

"Salty Anchor"

      "Inn"



From what you hear outside the inn seems crowded and music is coming from the inside. A jolly tune and the smell of roast pork and ale comes wafting outside...... As you step inside you see a large wooden bar at the left side of the room. Behind the bar a row of wooden kegs line the wall, the bartender is tapping wine and ale from several kegs as he serves the clientele at the bar. A bit further down to the back a waitress comes out of the kitchen with a full serving tray of hot food and makes her way to the tables. Its quite crowded, it seems, there is not much space left to sit but most people seem too be looking at a couple of local musicians. A bunch of youngsters are dancing and having a good time as the band is playing. You sure wouldn't see this kind of party in a more "civilized" town! The local men are trying to keep the sailors at bay as they are flirting with the dancing ladies. But it doesn't look like any of them has much more honorable intentions let me tell ya that!

Like in the rest of town you see a mix of different species and they appear to be getting along quite fine! In a corner you see a bunch of guys playing cards while the waitress is sneakily keeping tabs on who's winning. A group of what has to be dockworkers; a couple of tough looking half-orcs, a dwarf, some humans and a halfling are having a drinking contest in the middle of the inn and it appears like the bartender is keeping a nervous eye on them wile keeping the inn running.

You make it trough the crowd to one of the tables which still has a couple free seats. As you sit down you suddenly see a familiar face looming over the crowd! Turin is standing on what has to be a chair standing on a table, singing and playing a strange local instrument it seems. And it looks like he's quite the entertainer! He can really get a crowd going! After sitting for some time a young waitress comes at you.

Waitress: "Sorry For the wait strangers! What will it be for you tonight?"
Alden Rolfe
 player, 35 posts
Fri 27 Nov 2015
at 20:51
On the road to ReefDale
In reply to Narrator (msg # 68):

Alden Rolfe looks closey at the eldery couple on the porch drinking and playing the banjo. He makes a mental of that he should really introduce himself and maybe get in on the stuff that the human has in that bottle of his. He tips his own straw hat to the eldery half-orc and the human as he enters the inn. In passing he says:

Have  ayy mighty awful fine evening!

As Alden Rolfe is sitting at the table he looks around the inn. This place sure is busier then the local bar at his own town. There surely must be a party going on or something! It can't be like this every evening!

Alden Rolfe is content with soaking up all the noise and merriment of all the people in the inn and he keeps to himself.

As the waitress approaches he realises something and comes to his senses, he says:

Whel hello there missy, mighty awful fine playe y'all have here! me ayn' my friends would like ayy awful cold ale, ayy warm meal ayn' ayy awful hot bath!

Ay also have ayy donkey outside named Donkey, do y'all have ayy stable somewhere ay can use fowr him?
Wilwarin
 player, 41 posts
Sun 29 Nov 2015
at 19:37
On the road to ReefDale
A bit impressed by the instruments Turin is playing and distracted by the people around her wilwarin stambles: "Hmm.... yes an ale would be nice, do you have a nice meal for Kyra? She can use some water also" . She points at Kyra.
Wilwarin is not feeling very comfortable around here, but her curiosity keeps her here.

Kyra is resting next to the chear of Wilwarin, sometimes you hear a snore coming from her.
Drake 'Spike' Graveheart
 player, 32 posts
Sun 29 Nov 2015
at 19:53
On the road to ReefDale
In reply to Wilwarin (msg # 70):

Drake follows Alden and Wilwarin to the inn and sits down at the table. He notices the people dancing and having fun. He starts humming to the sound of the music and suddenly notices Turin playing.

"Wow, Turin got some skill! Love the music!"

As he sees the waitress coming over he smiles at her, but after realising he is still covered in all kinds of nasty, he quickly looks away ashamed and self-concious. Before he can recollect himself he hears Alden asking for an ale, meal and a bath. After Wilwarin agrees to have an ale Drake answers too:

"Yes, I'd like an ale too miss... and a hot bath would be wonderfull, I fear the ehm.. forest has.. uh, soiled my clothing."
Narrator
 GM, 76 posts
Mon 7 Dec 2015
at 22:58
On the road to ReefDale




The waitress smiles as she takes your orders.

Waitress: "Well its always nice to see new folks around here. We do get lots of travelers, but most aren't of the kind as polite as you are! I'll get you some ale and bread. We have fish pie on the menu tonight, the fishermen came in with a big catch today! And not a day to soon if you ask me, whenever Turin's in town the inn is always loaded with people! Good for bushiness! Anyways, I'll have someone take care of the donkey, it'll cost a silver extra for the night though.

We still have a single private room available, normally id ask 2 gold each but seeing your friend over there could really use a bath and most clientele is local anyway, you can have it for 15 silver. There should be about enough room for the three of you and the dog. Ill tell the boy to put some kettles on, your bath should be ready after supper!"


After some time the girls returns with a full plate. Three large mugs of luke-warm brown ale, some bread and three large, steaming slices of vegetable fish-pie. For Kyra she brought a chunk of old bread covered in lard and a bowl of water.

Waitress: "Okay... well let me see. That is one room, 15 silver, 3 meals, 9 silver, and care for the animals, lets say 2 silver. That's gonna be 29 silver travelers, pay is up front."

This message was last edited by the GM at 22:58, Mon 07 Dec 2015.

Wilwarin
 player, 42 posts
Sat 12 Dec 2015
at 01:16
On the road to ReefDale
In reply to Narrator (msg # 72):

Wilwarin pays the waitress.
"thank you, the fish-pie sounds lovely"
Wilwarin continues enjoying the music. She is wandering what tomorrow will bring in Reefdale.
Alden Rolfe
 player, 36 posts
Sun 13 Dec 2015
at 08:22
On the road to ReefDale
In reply to Narrator (msg # 72):

Alden Rolfe is thinking:

Oh no! Now ay have ta do math! Ay don't know how ta do math!
It seems that there Wilwarin is already a-payin' huurr share av thay ...uhh mowney. Quickly! Ay have ta see how much she is a-payin'! Then ay just have ta give an extra silvuurr fowr Donkey.


SPOT = 1d20-2 = 6.

After looking at the ammount Alden thinks he saw Wilwarin pay, He gets out the same ammount + 1 silver for Donkey and hands that to the waitress.

Here'ya go missy!
Narrator
 GM, 77 posts
Sun 13 Dec 2015
at 17:20
On the road to ReefDale
In reply to Wilwarin (msg # 73):
Wilwarin
 player, 43 posts
Sun 13 Dec 2015
at 22:20
On the road to ReefDale
In reply to Narrator (msg # 75):
Narrator
 GM, 78 posts
Mon 14 Dec 2015
at 11:24
On the road to ReefDale
In reply to Alden Rolfe (msg # 74):
Alden Rolfe
 player, 37 posts
Mon 14 Dec 2015
at 12:42
On the road to ReefDale
In reply to Narrator (msg # 77):
Drake 'Spike' Graveheart
 player, 33 posts
Mon 14 Dec 2015
at 12:48
On the road to ReefDale
In reply to Narrator (msg # 72):

Still a bit flustered about smelling like nasty things, Drake takes out a gold coin and hands it over to the waitress.

"Umm, here. A little extra for you miss." Drake says awkwardly.

He quickly looks down at the table again.

This message was last edited by the player at 12:50, Mon 14 Dec 2015.

Narrator
 GM, 79 posts
Thu 24 Dec 2015
at 18:00
On the road to ReefDale
As you all pay your dues the waitress walks away merrily.

Waitress: "Thanks for the tips! If you guys need anything just call me alright? I know how to get things done around here!"

The food is not bad and the atmosphere is good in the Salty Anchor. So all-in-all not a bad place to stay. As you enjoy your meal and Kyra lays under the table the band appears to take a short break. The crowd breaks into oeh's and ahh's but Turin hops off stage while a local hillbilly washboard band takes over. Turin heads for a large table in the corner, but spots you as he passes by. He shouts something at the innkeeper and comes walking at you with a big smi8le on his face.

Turin: "Well if it isn't the travelers I met this morning! Took my advice and decided to stay at the Salty Anchor ey?! Good for you! This place is really packed every time I get here. Great Ambiance! Every time! I wonder how they do it?"

And he gives drake a wink.

Turin: "Ahhh I see you have been patched up! Kei-El is a good man, or is it lizard person? Lizard Man? He-Lizard? Ah I can never keep up with such semantics anyways! Lucky the Lacertilia around here don't really encyst on etiquette!"

He then turns to Wilwarin and he leans over to kiss Wilwarins hand.

Turin: "Ahhhh.... Fair maiden. How good it is to see you again! A mere look at you insires me to compose the most delicate of songs! To write poems about beauty and desire! 'O, to dance the most joyous of all dances!"

But before he can say anymore, the innkeeper and several waitresses come over to your table. They place a candle near an empty seat and serve what appears to be a roast fazant, boiled ham glazed with honey, a large salmon steak, fried potatoes and a spring salad. To top this off the innkeeper uncorks a bottle of wine and pours Turin a royal glass.

Turin: "Diner! I was starving! Sure these ReefDaleians know how to cook a meal! Haha! Ow and Inkeep! more ale for my friends! And not the cheap stuff! Some of that ale from the small barrel you keep under the stairs! Now that's good ale!"

As he starts a conversation with you the Inkeeper returns with three large mugs of golden ale and puts them on the table in front of you. Turin has already started eating and appears to be thoroughly enjoying the food and wine served before him.

Turin: "Put it on the tab barkeep!"

"So how have you guys been doing? Enjoying the area a little? Or are you here for business like me? ReefDale has opportunities if you know where to look for them you know...."

Alden Rolfe
 player, 38 posts
Wed 30 Dec 2015
at 13:53
On the road to ReefDale
In reply to Narrator (msg # 80):

Alden thinks about what could be done around the inn he is currently in and draws a blank. Soon after this fruitless endevour he is back to enyoing the music and atmossphere of the inn.

As the local Hillbilly wasboard band takes over, he is purely focused on the stage.
He mumbles aloud, but more to himself then to anyone at the table:

Now that there is some darn good music raheet there!

Alden barely registeres the food that is put on the table in fron of Turin and continues to be entralled by the bands music.

Alden does notices that the beer he is drinking suddenly tastes much better!

Oh! Thank y'all very much Turin mister.

He then turns to Turin and says:

Ay done got done kicked out my village fowr some odd reason! Ay think they done wrote why in ayy letter, but ay can't read that there. So then ay met Wilaarin here on thay ...uhh road ayn' we done came here ta find out what thay ...uhh lettuurr says.
Narrator
 GM, 80 posts
Thu 31 Dec 2015
at 12:23
On the road to ReefDale
As Turin strarts enjoying his luxury supper, he seems to relax a little more. But once he hears Alden talk about getting kicked out of his village a d this "letter" he talks about, he suddenly becomes verry interrested again. He puts down his knife and quickly gulps down a large bite of roast.

Turin: "They kicked you out? really? How rude! But no worries Alden, I've been there myself. In fact, I've been avoiding some places lately regarding some mistakes surrounding my very person. But as always I'm sure things will smooth themselves out! But you know, I can read.... So if you would like I can read your letter for you! You know as a friendly favour!"

Turing laughs as he talks about his own problems as if it doesnt really bother him. He does seem quite eager to read the letter however....
Drake 'Spike' Graveheart
 player, 34 posts
Thu 7 Jan 2016
at 00:08
On the road to ReefDale
In reply to Narrator (msg # 80):
Drake sees Turin aproaching and softly sighs while muttering: "Ugh, there he comes... the musician..." As he sees him trying to woo Wilwarin he shakes his head while muttering: "Aaaaaand there we go... slobber slobber over her hand... yes, and now the smooth talking. Aaaalways the same with musicians..."

Drake accepts the new drink and notices the better taste right away. "Thanks for the better ale, Turin!" Drake says towards Turin. Atleast I'm getting something out of his wooing, har har!

In reply to Narrator (msg # 82):
Drake was watching the band playing music and suddenly hears Alden and Turin talking about the letter. He totally forgot about the letter and remembers something about burning houses. His interest is now on the letter, a side effect of being clean maybe?

"Yes, the letter... I can read as well, we can help!"
Wilwarin
 player, 44 posts
Thu 7 Jan 2016
at 00:36
On the road to ReefDale
Wilarin is feeling a bit flustered by Turins compliment.
and says to him: "I love the music here and this ale tast very nice, thank you".

Still distracted by the people arround her she hears something about the letter. "I have the letter, who wants it,  I am still struggling with it".

She continues her meal and mumbles: "This Fish does taste good".
Alden Rolfe
 player, 39 posts
Fri 8 Jan 2016
at 14:01
On the road to ReefDale
In reply to Wilwarin (msg # 84):

uhhh....

Alden turns to Wilwarin and says

That there's right! y'all have thay ...uhh lettuurr. Go ahead ayn' give it ta Turin afthuurr he is done a-eatin'. Maybe he can figure out what it says ayn' what ay can do ta go back ta my village, although ay wonduurr if ay should go back, since they done threw me out ayn' all.

This message was last edited by the player at 14:03, Fri 08 Jan 2016.