#4 Prologue: The Kahgaz Road.   Posted by DM.Group: 0
DM
 GM, 663 posts
 DM 1
 AC | HP
Tue 19 Apr 2016
at 18:04
#4 Prologue: On the Kahgaz Road
Almost two weeks ago, the party heard the rumor while eating at the Thirsty Hermit: The headman of the nearby village of Sisak -- beset by livestock deaths and disappearance -- was recently kidnapped.

Sisak is a tiny village located along the Kahgaz Road about 31 miles south and west of Borth, about 21 miles west of Hyrpum. (Main Game Map) The party members know that Sisak is home to about 80 villagers, mostly farmers and their families; there is but one tavern: The Bountiful Tappe. The Bountiful, as its known, caters primarily to travelers heading west through the Kahgaz Mountains, or those just emerging from its stark elevations and rocky passes.

Once the party is fully healed and equipped, it will most likely take two and a half days to walk to Sisak.

This message was last edited by the GM at 21:50, Tue 19 Apr 2016.

Argon
 player, 283 posts
 Fighter 1
 AC-1 | 8/8HP
Tue 19 Apr 2016
at 22:45
#4 Prologue: On the Kahgaz Road

Hoisting his backpack on to his back Argon looked down the Kahgaz road as he raised his new halberd. He was waiting on the edge of the village, just short of the agreed time for the party to meet. The last days had been ones of quiet reflection within his own room over the adventure that had just past.

Argon had appeared for meals and more then a few ales of an evening, but other then that he had largely kept to himself once the business with the guild had been concluded. The afternoon before the agreed departure date he had brought another halberd from the weapon-smith, waving off the mans questions about what had happened to the first with a short answer about a training accident. His second choice was still propped against the wall from when he had brought the first pole-arm. The faded yellow pennant had either a red lion or griffon on it, but it was so old he could not tell. It was only once he got it in the light of the afternoon he could see the blade was also engraved.

Leaning on the halberd he looked back to the village for the others.

-

This message was last edited by the player at 22:47, Tue 19 Apr 2016.

Tavin
 player, 174 posts
 Cleric 1
 AC2 | 6/6HP
Wed 20 Apr 2016
at 07:00
#4 Prologue: On the Kahgaz Road
Tavin clanged along, still getting used to the movement of the plate armor he wore now, emblazoned with the golden serpent of his deity. Despite their recent adventures--and near death from poisonous dragon breath--he still looked and felt like Tavin The Younger and not Tavin the Experienced Adventurer.

"How do you manage in this?" he asked Argon as he approached.
Argon
 player, 285 posts
 Fighter 1
 AC-1 | 8/8HP
Wed 20 Apr 2016
at 07:04
#4 Prologue: On the Kahgaz Road
In reply to Tavin (msg # 3):

"Not very well if our last adventure is any indication of skill at arms. My old arms master always said one foot in front of the other and don't fall over."
Tavin
 player, 175 posts
 Cleric 1
 AC2 | 6/6HP
Wed 20 Apr 2016
at 07:13
#4 Prologue: On the Kahgaz Road
The cleric laughed. "My old trainer in arms just said, 'Attack with ferocity and fierce savagely.' I think he used to fight in nothing but a loincloth."
Ryland
 player, 174 posts
 Magic-User 1
 AC 8 | 1/5 HP
Wed 20 Apr 2016
at 13:58
#4 Prologue: On the Kahgaz Road
Ryland sauntered down the road, enjoying the momentary peace of the quiet morning. He felt well rested and was curious about what new challenges the day would bring with it.

Nodding to Argon and Tavin, he said, "Good morning, friends."
DM
 GM, 666 posts
 DM 1
 AC | HP
Wed 20 Apr 2016
at 21:25
#4 Prologue: On the Kahgaz Road
The first day walking along the Hyrpum Road back toward Hyrpum passes uneventfully. (Marching order is here: link to a message in this game)

The party passes where they left the wagon wheel-rutted road to explore the Rock in the Wood, and continues south and west past Inoc's forge -- still shuttered these five days later -- to Hyrpum.

You approach Hyrpum at nightfall. Do you want to stop in town for the night, or camp outside the town? If the latter, do you want to camp on the near or far side of Hyrpum?
Argon
 player, 286 posts
 Fighter 1
 AC-1 | 8/8HP
Wed 20 Apr 2016
at 22:04
#4 Prologue: On the Kahgaz Road
In reply to DM (msg # 7):

"Should we find an inn of some sort ?" He looks over the village for a likely building.
DM
 GM, 667 posts
 DM 1
 AC | HP
Wed 20 Apr 2016
at 22:19
#4 Prologue: On the Kahgaz Road
As you approach the town, you can see that Hyrpum is of some size. From what you've heard about the village, you know that it has a population of about 600, with a sizable halfling citizenry. Comprising six wards, the village consists of more than 200 houses and buildings, spread out on either side of the Hyrpum Road. You have heard two names related to Hyrpum: Atel Haucey, a noble halfling woman; and Marteph, a human, and the "Royal Justice" of Hyrpum. Most of Hyrpum's services, business, and trade supports area farmers.

This message was last edited by the GM at 22:24, Wed 20 Apr 2016.

Tavin
 player, 177 posts
 Cleric 1
 AC2 | 6/6HP
Thu 21 Apr 2016
at 05:19
#4 Prologue: On the Kahgaz Road
"I suppose we should get settled in an inn--though perhaps it simply the tavern common room--but we should also introduce ourselves to the folks in charge," Tavin suggested. "We are dressed and equipped as mercenaries and marauders. Clearly stating our intentions might ease tensions."
Padraig
 player, 45 posts
 Fighter 1
 AC 1 | 9 HP
Thu 21 Apr 2016
at 05:51
#4 Prologue: On the Kahgaz Road
"I'd be for an inn, too," Padraig agrees.
Argon
 player, 287 posts
 Fighter 1
 AC-1 | 8/8HP
Thu 21 Apr 2016
at 05:53
#4 Prologue: On the Kahgaz Road
In reply to Tavin (msg # 10):

"Yes lets find an Inn. I got quite use to a bed these last few days."