#4 Act 1: Sisak Village.   Posted by DM.Group: 0
DM
 GM, 766 posts
 DM 1
 AC | HP
Thu 6 Oct 2016
at 17:35
#4 Act 1: Sisak Village
One of the men calls out "Bram!" before approaching the farmer to discuss the situation with him.

Another villager approaches Halldar. "Greetings, stranger," he says. "Dark forces have been claiming our livestock. We fear a wizard to the west of the village but have been unable to prove his involvement -- or secure aid. And last night, one of his orc laborers was spotted with three others dragging our headman into the woods.

"Perhaps you and your fellows can help?"

Argon
 player, 351 posts
 Fighter 1
 AC-1 | 8/8HP
Thu 6 Oct 2016
at 19:56
#4 Act 1: Sisak Village
In reply to DM (msg # 29):

"Have any returned that venture into the woods ?"
DM
 GM, 767 posts
 DM 1
 AC | HP
Thu 6 Oct 2016
at 20:21
#4 Act 1: Sisak Village
"Yes," another man says. "Those who went into the woods looking for Grigore returned. The orcs -- and our headman -- were nowhere to be found."
Argon
 player, 352 posts
 Fighter 1
 AC-1 | 8/8HP
Thu 6 Oct 2016
at 20:36
#4 Act 1: Sisak Village
In reply to DM (msg # 31):

"Did they see anything out of the ordinary ? Have any of you seen anything in the woods, monsters, creatures or the like ?"

OOC: What is the time, will we be able to see the wizard today ?"
DM
 GM, 768 posts
 DM 1
 AC | HP
Thu 6 Oct 2016
at 21:44
#4 Act 1: Sisak Village
You arrived just at sunset. It is now getting dark.
DM
 GM, 769 posts
 DM 1
 AC | HP
Thu 6 Oct 2016
at 21:47
#4 Act 1: Sisak Village
Another man speaks up in response to Argon. "Other than the orcs we saw at the tower -- and dragging Grigore into the woods -- no," he says. "But no orc killed Mikal or our cattle!"

This message was lightly edited by the GM at 21:48, Thu 06 Oct 2016.

Argon
 player, 353 posts
 Fighter 1
 AC-1 | 8/8HP
Thu 6 Oct 2016
at 21:59
#4 Act 1: Sisak Village
In reply to DM (msg # 34):

"What did the kills look like, was any part of the corpse eaten like a wild animal attack ?"
DM
 GM, 770 posts
 DM 1
 AC | HP
Thu 6 Oct 2016
at 23:14
#4 Act 1: Sisak Village
Another steps up. "Killed by some wild beast! Mangled beyond recognition!" his eyes bright.
DM
 GM, 771 posts
 DM 1
 AC | HP
Fri 7 Oct 2016
at 17:46
#4 Act 1: Sisak Village
Bram approaches the party. "The village needs our help. What do you think we should do?" he asks. "The wizard's tower is just over three miles west of Sisak. If Grigore was indeed accosted by orcs, it makes sense to go there to stop this once and for all."
Argon
 player, 354 posts
 Fighter 1
 AC-1 | 8/8HP
Fri 7 Oct 2016
at 21:15
#4 Act 1: Sisak Village
In reply to DM (msg # 37):

"Yes lets talk to the wizard first and see what he says, most likely he may have an idea of what is in the forest." He turns to the group of farmers. "Given we have traveled for some time to get to the village would reward can we expect for ridding you of this menace ?"
DM
 GM, 772 posts
 DM 1
 AC | HP
Fri 7 Oct 2016
at 22:29
#4 Act 1: Sisak Village
Bram's eyes darken, and his hopeful face falls. "I see," he says. "We are a poor village, woefully beset upon by trials. We cannot offer much. We have a physician and a fortuneteller, but cannot pay you otherwise."
Argon
 player, 355 posts
 Fighter 1
 AC-1 | 8/8HP
Fri 7 Oct 2016
at 22:35
#4 Act 1: Sisak Village
In reply to DM (msg # 39):

"Right a "Whats we finds we keeps" contract. Well food and lodging until the deed is done at least ?"
DM
 GM, 773 posts
 DM 1
 AC | HP
Fri 7 Oct 2016
at 22:39
#4 Act 1: Sisak Village
Bram leans in a little. "Given that the innkeeper was just slain and his wife is fraught with grief, I wouldn't push that point," he says softly. "Some of you can lodge with my family, and perhaps the rest in the stables with Skelly."
Argon
 player, 356 posts
 Fighter 1
 AC-1 | 8/8HP
Fri 7 Oct 2016
at 22:54
#4 Act 1: Sisak Village
In reply to DM (msg # 41):

Argon looks to the others the road had been long and now the pay off was, well disappointing. "We will stay here I will pay for a room for myself and the rest of my team and in the morning we will begin our investigation with a visit to the wizard." He looked to the Inn keepers wife or at least someone to pay.
Ryland
 player, 206 posts
 Magic-User 1
 AC 8 | 5 HP
Fri 7 Oct 2016
at 23:21
#4 Act 1: Sisak Village
Ryland had been silent for a long time, listening to Bram and the other villagers' accounts of their woes. He was uncertain what to make of the situation, save that the settlement was in great need of help. That they could offer little meant nothing at this point. The company still needed to render what assistance it could.

Several things troubled the young mage. Outside of the sighting of the orc that accosted Grigore, there was nothing that tied Dentiata to the troubles besieging Sisak. They couldn't be sure that the orc had even acted at his master's behest. Ryland felt a strong urge toward caution, certain that the company would need to be careful in their inquiries to ensure they didn't rush to judgment.

Leaning toward Bram, his voice low, he asked, "Bram, who is the farmer that saw your headman kidnapped? Could we speak with him? Hear his account of what happened in his own words?"

He paused, then added, "Also, please forgive me, but I noticed that your expression became troubled when you spoke of Alvis Romczi. Has this man and his family been a source of strife here in Sisak?"
DM
 GM, 774 posts
 DM 1
 AC | HP
Fri 7 Oct 2016
at 23:40
#4 Act 1: Sisak Village
Anya Tappe, wife of the recently departed Mikal Tappe, is running the inn with her daughter, sister, and barmaid. A sleeping room costs 1 gp total, regardless of how many people you fit in it. Beer and ale is 3 cp per half pint, and most meals -- except for roasts -- costs 1 or 2 sp. (Let me know what kind of meal you might want, and I'll let you know what they have that's close.)

***

"A whole group of us ran out of the tavern when we heard the shouts," says one of the villagers. "Many of us saw Grigore dragged into the woods, and one of the group who'd gone to the tower is sure they were orcs. A large group of us ran into the woods after them but didn't catch them."

Bram looks at Ryland. "He'd told me a story about the wizard that makes me fear for our village." He pauses. "There have been many rumors. For example, word is that weird lights can be seen dancing on the tower roof every night of the full moon."

This message was last edited by the GM at 23:42, Fri 07 Oct 2016.

Halldar
 player, 19 posts
 Cleric
 AC: 4 | HP: 7/7
Sat 8 Oct 2016
at 15:47
Re: #4 Act 1: Sisak Village
DM:
Bram looks at Ryland. "He'd told me a story about the wizard that makes me fear for our village." He pauses. "There have been many rumors. For example, word is that weird lights can be seen dancing on the tower roof every night of the full moon."


"Hmm..." Halldar comments. "To the tower then?" he says to his companions.

"How long ago did Mister Tappe disappear?" he asks. If it was somewhat recent, the party might look for tracks to see if they can learn more about his potential abductors' numbers, etc.
Argon
 player, 357 posts
 Fighter 1
 AC-1 | 8/8HP
Sat 8 Oct 2016
at 18:43
Re: #4 Act 1: Sisak Village
In reply to Halldar (msg # 45):

"Lets go in the morning, it has been a long day of walking and I could do with some rest."

-
Halldar
 player, 20 posts
 Cleric
 AC: 4 | HP: 7/7
Sun 9 Oct 2016
at 05:12
Re: #4 Act 1: Sisak Village
Argon:
In reply to Halldar (msg # 45):

"Lets go in the morning, it has been a long day of walking and I could do with some rest."

-


"Yes. Probably for the best," Halldar admits. The cleric was tired as well but the prospect of handing over money he did not have for another stay at an inn left him unsettled. When he left his family behind he had hoped to eventually come home laden with riches and perhaps glory. So far he had little to show for his effort and had completely burned through what little gold and silver he had been able to scratch together.

Recognizing his monetary limitations, the cleric approaches the innkeep and asks, "Good innkeep. I am willing to look into your town leader's disappearance, but I would first ask if it is possible to make use of your common room tonight. I can feed myself with what rations I have, but sadly I have no money to secure accomodations for the night. On the morrow, I will set out at once with my companions to perhaps get to the bottom of this mystery."
Argon
 player, 358 posts
 Fighter 1
 AC-1 | 8/8HP
Sun 9 Oct 2016
at 05:21
Re: #4 Act 1: Sisak Village
In reply to Halldar (msg # 47):

"Here let me carry the burden of the first nights accommodation at least and some food as well. I think it is going to be a long day tomorrow and a good night sleep and a full belly will help us along. Also we have yet to divide up the spoils from the wooden box we recovered."
-
Ronin
 player, 87 posts
 Mystic 1
 AC 9 | 7/7 HP
Mon 10 Oct 2016
at 15:54
Re: #4 Act 1: Sisak Village
Ronin nods at the mention of spoils from the wooden box.  He anticipates seeing what is within.
Ryland
 player, 208 posts
 Magic-User 1
 AC 8 | 5 HP
Mon 10 Oct 2016
at 20:52
Re: #4 Act 1: Sisak Village
Ryland divided up the coin from the coffer among the company members then laid out the ring and potions to be claimed, asking that he be allowed to keep the dagger that had been found.

Despite his curiosity about the tower, he knew that Argon was being wise about the matter. Rest and food would help all of them be ready for whatever challenges awaited them.
DM
 GM, 775 posts
 DM 1
 AC | HP
Mon 10 Oct 2016
at 21:16
Re: #4 Act 1: Sisak Village
The party is able to reserve a room to accommodate all of them. If you do anything other than eat and head to bed, let me know!
DM
 GM, 776 posts
 DM 1
 AC | HP
Wed 12 Oct 2016
at 21:12
Re: #4 Act 1: Sisak Village
Day breaks, and the party gathers to depart. The wizard's tower is just three miles west of Sisak, along the Kahgaz Road.

It takes about an hour and a half to walk there, and the march is uneventful.
Argon
 player, 360 posts
 Fighter 1
 AC-1 | 8/8HP
Wed 12 Oct 2016
at 21:16
Re: #4 Act 1: Sisak Village

Looking at the tower and the the surrounding country side Argon looks for any signs of damage to the tower or if the area looks unkept or even abandoned. He tries to see if there are any other buildings in the same compound unsure a human wizard would want orc's living in the same structure. "So should I just knock ?"

-