6. The Carnival.   Posted by GM.Group: 0
Samuel Clark
 player, 85 posts
 PhD
 Uktena Theurge
Tue 9 May 2017
at 16:06
Re: 6. The Carnival
Sam bow to the horses and speaks again, his tone solemn. 

Turning to his pack, Sam motions them over before speaking.  "Carries-From-Danger has agreed to take us from this place."
GM
 GM, 729 posts
Tue 9 May 2017
at 16:11
Re: 6. The Carnival
The horses looked at the Garou expectantly. If the Garou wanted to ride the former carousel horses, they'd have to do so in Homid or Glabro form.
Sorcha Maclean
 player, 106 posts
 Metis Philodox
 Silver Fang
Tue 9 May 2017
at 16:13
Re: 6. The Carnival
Sorcha shifted into homid and smiled thankfully at Sam "Thanks for talking to the horses for us. Let's free everyone first and then go."
Samuel Clark
 player, 86 posts
 PhD
 Uktena Theurge
Tue 9 May 2017
at 16:18
Re: 6. The Carnival
Sam nods "That just leaves what, the teller?  Then someone should ensure that she wants to be freed and then do so.  Be move quickly, I think we're all rather anxious to leave here."
Breaks-the-Chains
 player, 365 posts
 Lupus Ahroun
Tue 9 May 2017
at 16:19
Re: 6. The Carnival
Breaks went over to the fortune teller, "Do you want us to set you on fire too?"
GM
 GM, 730 posts
Tue 9 May 2017
at 17:02
Re: 6. The Carnival
The fortune teller shuffled through her deck of cards and put one down where the slot would have been. It was reversed. https://s-media-cache-ak0.pini...4e0a04b9c26a0210.jpg
Samuel Clark
 player, 89 posts
 PhD
 Uktena Theurge
Tue 9 May 2017
at 20:18
Re: 6. The Carnival
Upon seeing the card Sam nods his head "She says yes."  Glancing around he adds If that's everyone, then let's get going" before deftly mounting one of the horses.

This message was last edited by the player at 21:42, Tue 09 May 2017.

Muraco Snow
 player, 85 posts
 Homid Ahroun
Tue 9 May 2017
at 21:45
Re: 6. The Carnival
In reply to Samuel Clark (msg # 649):

"Actually, I think she does want to be burned after all.  I had a grandmother who was a kinsfolk to the garou.  She would do tarot readings.  One of the few things I remember was  that cards with bad meanings would more or less turn good when they were reversed."
Muraco grabs the fortune-teller and places her on the fire next to the barker.
Aleta Casta
 player, 541 posts
 App 4 Alluring
 Cha 2
Wed 10 May 2017
at 00:54
Re: 6. The Carnival
Aleta stands back and watches.
GM
 GM, 731 posts
Wed 10 May 2017
at 01:09
Re: 6. The Carnival
It took a little longer for the barker and fortune teller to burn, but they did catch on fire and turn to ashes. The Garou were aware of an invisible presence near the fire. In the Barker's voice, it said, "Call on me and I will give you the words to con anyone and fast-talk your way past any problem."

The presence then vanished. All that was left was one Tarot card: https://www.trustedtarot.com/i...wheel-of-fortune.png

All that remained of the carnival were a few game stands and the House of Mirror.

Samuel found that mounting one of the horses wasn't easy. It didn't fight him, but it was all bones and sharp angles. Fortunately, the pole was still in the middle of the horse to hang onto.
Sorcha Maclean
 player, 108 posts
 Metis Philodox
 Silver Fang
Wed 10 May 2017
at 01:18
Re: 6. The Carnival
Sorcha looked around the grounds, she didn't know what she felt. A mixture of happiness and sadness. They'd surely left this place better than they'd found it, but burning everything to the ground didn't make her feel any more at peace. "So...we burn the game stands too?" she asked.
Aleta Casta
 player, 542 posts
 App 4 Alluring
 Cha 2
Wed 10 May 2017
at 01:53
Re: 6. The Carnival
She looks at Sorcha "Sure, why not. Lets not leave anything behind"
GM
 GM, 732 posts
Wed 10 May 2017
at 02:21
Re: 6. The Carnival
The game stands were easily burned.
Muraco Snow
 player, 86 posts
 Homid Ahroun
Wed 10 May 2017
at 03:25
Re: 6. The Carnival
In reply to Sorcha Maclean (msg # 653):

Muraco climbs up on a horse but is equally uncomfortable.  So he stands up in the saddle and holds on to the pole.
Sorcha Maclean
 player, 109 posts
 Metis Philodox
 Silver Fang
Wed 10 May 2017
at 13:00
Re: 6. The Carnival
After they'd burned everything, Sorcha mounted a horse gingerly. She'd never even gotten close to one before. "Uh....hi horse. I'm Sorcha. Thank you for letting me ride you today. Honestly, I haven't a clue on how to ride a horse, so any help you can give me on this would be a good thing."
GM
 GM, 733 posts
Wed 10 May 2017
at 18:58
Re: 6. The Carnival
Sorcha's horse looked her over with a pair of all-black eyes, then stood still as she mounted it. If not for the saddles and pole, it would have been almost impossible to ride the horses.

Once all the Garou were mounted, the horses milled around for a bit, appearing to carry on some conversation using body language and nickers. Then the horse that Samuel was riding- and had done all the talking- leapt up into the air, nearly dislodging Samuel. The rest were ready when their horses began to fly as well.

They flew in an odd manner- their hooves made it look like they were running while the bodies went up and down as if they were still on the carousel. https://s-media-cache-ak0.pini...bf40e0ceaa177ccf.jpg OOC: Yes, that was the image I had all along.

The comparison to Mary Poppins might be amusing, but there was no doubt that these horses looked like nightmares flying through the sky.

The horses flew into the mist that surrounded the carnival and into the night sky. Suddenly, they were back in a recognizable part of the near-umbra. As the horses continued to fly, the Garou felt the coldness of passing through the Gauntlet. A moment later they were back in the meadow from which they had left.
Aleta Casta
 player, 543 posts
 App 4 Alluring
 Cha 2
Thu 11 May 2017
at 00:42
Re: 6. The Carnival
Aleta held on to the horse tightly as it flew. As she saw meadow , she was thrilled. She was so glad to get out of that hell hole. She rides the horse down into the meadow, she jumped off the horse as held her fists high "WE ARE HOME!"
Samuel Clark
 player, 90 posts
 PhD
 Uktena Theurge
Thu 11 May 2017
at 13:42
Re: 6. The Carnival
Sam lets out a sigh of relief as he dismounts.  Gone are the strange raven wings and feathers, and his personal belongings are back too.  Turning to the horse who carried him, he bows and speaks in the strange language.
Sorcha Maclean
 player, 110 posts
 Metis Philodox
 Silver Fang
Thu 11 May 2017
at 14:50
Re: 6. The Carnival
Sorcha inclined her head as a gesture of respect to the horse she rode on. "You have my thanks for returning me here." she looked around rather dubious of where here was, before asking the others. "Uh...where is home precisely? Where is firefly? We pass the test?"
Muraco Snow
 player, 87 posts
 Homid Ahroun
Thu 11 May 2017
at 19:31
Re: 6. The Carnival
In reply to GM (msg # 658):

"Oh, Yes!  Thank Gaia!  And thanks to you Mr carousel horse spirit."
Muraco gives him a big hug around the neck.  He joins the others and waves goodbye to the horse spirits.
GM
 GM, 734 posts
Fri 12 May 2017
at 20:44
Re: 6. The Carnival
The horses quickly left the Garou and disappeared into the sky. Fortunately, there was no one there to see them.

Firefly hovered around Sorcha, "All you had to do was find a way back so we're ready to move on.

Except for those who had items Dedicated to them, everyone found their belongings on the ground at the point where they had crossed from this world to the other. Nothing was missing.

OOC: Everyone gets 10 XP. If you'd like to spend them on things like Gifts, don't spend them until you have a chance to learn the Gift. Please email me how you'd like to spend your points.

 the Fortune Teller. He picked up her card and hung onto it. ]
Sorcha Maclean
 player, 111 posts
 Metis Philodox
 Silver Fang
Fri 12 May 2017
at 20:50
Re: 6. The Carnival
Sorcha raised an eyebrow "Move on to...what precisely?"
Breaks-the-Chains
 player, 366 posts
 Lupus Ahroun
Sat 13 May 2017
at 01:47
Re: 6. The Carnival
lupus

Breaks excitedly ran around in big circles, delighted to be back in the normal world. She paused to listen to what Firefly would say.
Aleta Casta
 player, 544 posts
 App 4 Alluring
 Cha 2
Sat 13 May 2017
at 02:13
Re: 6. The Carnival
Aleta looks at Sorcha "Right now I would say a hotel with a hottub."
Sorcha Maclean
 player, 112 posts
 Metis Philodox
 Silver Fang
Sat 13 May 2017
at 05:35
Re: 6. The Carnival
"Ahhh....a hot tub, one of humanities better inventions. To be honest a nice long hot shower would be enough, but good long bask in a warm sun does the same thing. I'd urge you to try it out when you have the time."