1. Firefly's Rest.   Posted by GM.Group: 0
Aleta Casta
 player, 69 posts
 App 4 Alluring
 Cha 2
Wed 30 Dec 2015
at 02:56
Re: 1. Firefly's Rest
"Let me check, I am not familiar with this zoo" Aleta checks to see if there are any wolves at this zoo.
GM
 GM, 110 posts
Wed 30 Dec 2015
at 03:19
Re: 1. Firefly's Rest
OOC: You can go straight to the zoo website and look around. Check out "Animals" subheading and the new Arctic Edge exhibit at http://www.wgrz.com/story/life...uffalo-zoo/72118016/
Aleta Casta
 player, 70 posts
 App 4 Alluring
 Cha 2
Wed 30 Dec 2015
at 04:18
Re: 1. Firefly's Rest
"OK, there is a Maned Wolf but it is really a fox. But if you want to liberate it, it might not be good as it is from South America, so it is not native to here. So lets head back, get our rides and head to a hotel. " she checks on hotels close to the zoo that are cheap. She looks for one that has internet and is cheap. "So, you all don't mind crashing in one room?"
GM
 GM, 111 posts
Wed 30 Dec 2015
at 04:50
Re: 1. Firefly's Rest
Aleta found a Days Inn a few blocks from the zoo. It was cheap, had Internet and breakfast.
Jesse Claremont
 player, 31 posts
Wed 30 Dec 2015
at 06:03
Re: 1. Firefly's Rest
Jesse listens to Kara on his cell, and pauses a moment before saying, "It's sad if not everyone got out." He continues, "I'm heading back that way now. Gonna go crash at a motel. Do you need a ride home?"

Once he gets her answer, Jesse turns back to the conversation in progress. "How about one room for he-wolves and one for she-wolves? Give us each a bit more floor space."
Jacob Watts
 player, 64 posts
 App 1, Cha 3, PB 4
Wed 30 Dec 2015
at 08:42
Re: 1. Firefly's Rest
Jacob listened to the back and forth between the lupus that didn't understand the zoos and what the wildlife preservation does and the glasswalker, Aleta. He thought for a moment on the wildlife preservation aspect. "Anytime there's a zoo or Reservation there's a good chance that one of our kinfolk is there, in one capacity or another. I've heard of Glasswalkers and Children of Gaia securing protective enclosures for their lupus kin on reservations and in Zoos so they aren't hunted." He was getting off his point so he re-directed it back to Aleta. "I was at a Sept shared by the Glasswalkers, Children, and Gnawers so I've heard that the Glasswalkers have a secure internet database and chat sites for them and their Human Kin. Could you check to see if there's kinfolk with access to that zoo and maybe we can trade a favor for a favor?"
Malik al-Thid
 player, 42 posts
 App 4, Cha 3, PB 4
Wed 30 Dec 2015
at 17:06
Re: 1. Firefly's Rest
He just stood, listening to the others talk. Most of what they said wasn't making any sense to him. Septs, Glasswalkers, Gaia, none of it. The only bits he could follow involved the zoo, and even then he seemed wary. "So, we're stealing snow leopards and going to leave them in a state park? You don't think the park people are going to notice snow leopards there? Or that the zoo isn't going to react badly to them being taken?" He seemed really wary of the whole scenario. Stealing animals, possible arson, it was sounding less and less like these wolves were the good guys like everyone else had made them out to be.
GM
 GM, 112 posts
Wed 30 Dec 2015
at 23:19
Re: 1. Firefly's Rest
OOC: There's no massive Garou/Kinfolk database.

Kara told Jesse that she had a ride home.

When the group headed back to the mill, the fire was still burning out of control. There were two fire trucks as well as half a dozen police cars and an ambulance that was just pulling out with lights on. About 20 kids were still there, grouped together in a worried-looking bunch, watching the fire. Most of the cars were gone.

The pack had little trouble getting to their cars/bikes. The police were focusing on keeping the area clear and helping the injured.

William and Breaks were on his bike. Chapparel and Aleta were on her bike. Jesse and Jacob in the former's car, and Drusilla and Malik in her car. It was a straight shot to the city; once there, they found the Days Inn quickly and checked into two rooms next to each other. OOC: Who's paying?

OOC: Is there anything anyone wants to discuss/plan/etc? Anyone want to reply to Malik's questions? Or shall I fast-forward to tomorrow?

This message was last edited by the GM at 23:31, Wed 30 Dec 2015.

Aleta Casta
 player, 71 posts
 App 4 Alluring
 Cha 2
Thu 31 Dec 2015
at 01:13
Re: 1. Firefly's Rest
Aleta will pay for the girls room using a fake name as she doesn't want to be traced here.

She suggests getting the room for 2 days so they can sleep in and then use the rooms the next night if they have too.

She suggests that the next day the go to the zoo in groups and scout it out, for what the security is, if they can find any kin folk and possible escape routes.
Jacob Watts
 player, 65 posts
 App 1, Cha 3, PB 4
Thu 31 Dec 2015
at 01:14
Re: 1. Firefly's Rest
OOC: it's not a database, I was reading one of the glasswalkers books and they reference a group of forums or chat sites that only glasswalkers and their kin have access to. Similar to the Hunter Net, they trade stories and info.
Drusilla Duszynski
 player, 34 posts
 App 2, Cha 2
Thu 31 Dec 2015
at 01:31
Re: 1. Firefly's Rest
Drusilla didn't say much, but her expression conveyed some of the same concern that Malik had expressed. As they drove to the motel, the mood in her car was decidedly tense.

"Whatever happens," she finally said, "let's make each other a promise right now. No innocents get hurt. A couple of our 'pack mates'" - she still couldn't say the term without it sounding odd to her ears - "seem pretty damn callous about other people's lives. I'm sure as hell not going to kill anybody, and I'm not about to let any of them kill someone. Whatever we are, we don't have to be monsters."

She wasn't certain if she believed that yet, but she said it like she wanted it to be true.

OOC: I'm fine with fast-forwarding, but I'm also open to further RP before then if that's what the pack wants.
William Liam
 player, 16 posts
Thu 31 Dec 2015
at 02:24
Re: 1. Firefly's Rest
William will pay for both of the guys rooms. Two days like Aleta suggested.
Aleta Casta
 player, 72 posts
 App 4 Alluring
 Cha 2
Thu 31 Dec 2015
at 02:47
Re: 1. Firefly's Rest
Aleta also asks for connecting rooms.
Breaks-the-Chains
 player, 56 posts
 Lupus Ahroun
Thu 31 Dec 2015
at 03:33
Re: 1. Firefly's Rest
Before they went to bed, Breaks-the-Chains got everyone together.

"There's a lot more you need to learn,"she started. "There are the thinking-things, like the Litany, spirits, how to walk your path, and the stories and there are the doing-things like working as a pack, being alpha, changing shape, fighting, hunting, the Great Mother, and controlling the fire inside."

"What do you want to know first?"

Aleta Casta
 player, 73 posts
 App 4 Alluring
 Cha 2
Thu 31 Dec 2015
at 04:23
Re: 1. Firefly's Rest
Aleta looks at Chains and to the others as she crashes on a bed. "OK, I know more about some of those things then others but I think we should concentrate on what they might see on this job. We can't teach the cubs everything in one day. So I would suggest we all work with our strengths. Personally I do have some breaking and entering skills but I am much more of a geek. I am a hacker"
Jesse Claremont
 player, 32 posts
Thu 31 Dec 2015
at 05:17
Re: 1. Firefly's Rest
Jesse leans against the hotel room wall, looking a little done in by that night's drama. "I was valedictorian, was planning on eventually going to law school. But that's out, now. I hike a lot, have done some martial arts." He pauses. "I admit I am curious about the Litany. What is that?"
William Liam
 player, 17 posts
Thu 31 Dec 2015
at 05:33
Re: 1. Firefly's Rest
William yawned as he spoke."I'm a performer...that doesn't translate well to the whole breaking and entering thing. Though I could probably turn the charm on if we need some outside help.

I've got too many questions to know where to even begin. I guess just tell me as we need to use them. Like...turning into a wolf might be useful..."

This message was last edited by the player at 05:36, Thu 31 Dec 2015.

Breaks-the-Chains
 player, 57 posts
 Lupus Ahroun
Thu 31 Dec 2015
at 06:58
Re: 1. Firefly's Rest
Breaks-the-Chain said, "I fight and I hunt. The Uktena also taught me how to sniff out the poisons of the Wyrm and purify them."

She said to William, "We should do that where you can smell the wind."

Breaks-the-Chains responded to Jesse, "The half-moons argue about the Litany, but it is very simple. When there is an argument about the it, the half-moons decide."

She listed them off:

Don't mate with another Garou or you'll give birth to an unnatural cursed Garou.
Always fight the Wyrm.
Respect others' territory.
Accept a surrender from allies.
Obey those of higher rank and respect those of lower rank.
The alpha gets the first share.
Don't eat humans.
Never let humans see your true self.
Leave the pack if you are too old or sick.
Challenge the alpha if he is weak, but not during a fight.
Protect the sacred places above all else.

"It's important to obey the alpha during a fight. We fight best as a pack and that doesn't happen if everyone is doing whatever they want to. One wolf can act as a target and keep the attention of the enemy while another wolf behind attacks. What do you do when one of the enemy runs away? If you have an ambush, who hides and attacks in surprise? The alpha must know who is best to do these things."

GM
 GM, 114 posts
Thu 31 Dec 2015
at 07:25
Re: 1. Firefly's Rest
Jacob Watts:
OOC: it's not a database, I was reading one of the glasswalkers books and they reference a group of forums or chat sites that only glasswalkers and their kin have access to. Similar to the Hunter Net, they trade stories and info.


OOC: I'm not using a lot of the World of Darkness, just pieces. There's no site like that. There isn't a HunterNet either.

And while I'm thinking of it, I use real-world computer hacking not TV/movie-hacking. There are no Tophers, Birkhoffs or Bryces.

Malik al-Thid
 player, 43 posts
 App 4, Cha 3, PB 4
Thu 31 Dec 2015
at 13:54
Re: 1. Firefly's Rest
Oh good. Not eating people was part of the wolf by-laws. Malik was noticeably relieved. Though with everyone chiming in about how they were good at hacking, or breaking in, Malik's gaze moved towards the floor. He wasn't really sure of what to say in regards to himself. It wasn't as though he had been some sort of special prodigy back home. He had been considered towards the upper range of students in school, but not the top student in academics, and by far not the best in sports. It also wasn't as though he had really developed any sort of skill as a wolf-thing yet, so far as he knew. In fact, there really wasn't much notable about him at all.

 He looked towards the woman talking. "Right, so who's the Alpha then?" He asked.
Aleta Casta
 player, 74 posts
 App 4 Alluring
 Cha 2
Thu 31 Dec 2015
at 17:08
Re: 1. Firefly's Rest
Aleta looks Malik "Well, that is something up for discussion I suppose. As I think normally as a pack matures, the older, stronger wolves are the Alpha's but in this case, we come form so many different groups, we have some different values. The Alpha's for the Glasswalkers are different then other clans.
William Liam
 player, 18 posts
Thu 31 Dec 2015
at 19:29
Re: 1. Firefly's Rest
"Why don't we get some rest for the night and we'll figure out who the Alpha is later. I don't know about you guys but I'm beat. Finding out your a werewolf kinda puts some strain on the brain. I am curious what you meant about 'where I can smell the wind,' but we can figure that out tomorrow. G'night guys."  William retires to his room and lays on the bed, trying to wrap his mind around all of this.

This message was last edited by the player at 19:56, Thu 31 Dec 2015.

Drusilla Duszynski
 player, 35 posts
 App 2, Cha 2
Thu 31 Dec 2015
at 19:53
Re: 1. Firefly's Rest
Dru muttered something to herself when Breaks-the-Chains recited the first few parts of the Litany, but she remained attentive. Hearing about half-moons being the ones who argued about and kept the Litany earned a raising of her eyebrows. When William bid them good-night, Dru nodded, "See you tomorrow. Don't eat anyone."

"So I'm supposed to memorize the Litany?" she mused, feeling fatigue setting in but unable to stop wrestling with it. "Okay, good. Wolf Law, I like it. I was going to be a cop before all this started. Didn't pass the fuckin' tests, but that's just bureaucratic shit. I could still become, like, a bounty hunter or a private investigator or something..."

Picking up on Malik and Aleta's conversation, she said, "If it's a tribe thing, and we're all from different tribes, then maybe we put it to a vote? Or do we have to, I don't know, wrestle or something? I'm still a little weird with the whole animal thing. That's gonna take some getting used to."

"God, I have a million questions," she said, running her fingers through her hair and shaking out ashes. "Like, for example, if we aren't supposed to fuck each other, but we didn't become werewolves from getting bitten by a werewolf, how did we become werewolves? Garou, I guess. I mean, where does our kind come from if we can't have kids?"

"And I don't even know what tribe I'm supposed to be in. My Aunt Hera called some of her hippie friends 'Furies', but I thought they were bikers or something. Are the Furies a tribe?"
Aleta Casta
 player, 75 posts
 App 4 Alluring
 Cha 2
Thu 31 Dec 2015
at 20:45
Re: 1. Firefly's Rest
Aleta bids all the guys good night and goes into the girls room. She kicks off her shoes and lays down on a bed. "If someone wants to share  it, I am fine with that, I don't bite, much anyway" she says with a giggle.

She looks at Dru "Well from what little of I know the tribes, the Black Furies are a Tribe of only female Garou, who are suppose to be in tune with the wild. They  claim to be descended from the mythical Amazons. So was your aunt very Amazon like. As far a screwing each other, got me. Guess you better be protected." she says with a smile.
GM
 GM, 115 posts
Thu 31 Dec 2015
at 21:19
Re: 1. Firefly's Rest
Even though there were still many unanswered questions, the Garou headed off to bed.