Dusk.   Posted by The Storyteller.Group: 0
Ellie Wytte
 player, 1 post
Mon 6 Jun 2016
at 00:30
Dusk
In reply to The Storyteller (msg # 3):

Ellie was, in fact, trying to trace as much information as she could from the email sent out and was typing furiously into her laptop in one dark corner of the Chantry. The glow of the screen reflected on her glasses as she stared intensely.

When Marcus approached her and spoke, she was only half-listening. The programs she was running were almost finished doing their thing and she would find out whether her trace had worked. "One moment, Marcus," she said without looking up.

(Roll for the hacking: 3 of 7 successes)
The Storyteller
 GM, 5 posts
Mon 6 Jun 2016
at 00:38
Dusk
In reply to Ellie Wytte:

Fingers darting across her tablet, Ellie begins to track the chain through various sources.  While limited, she does eventually track the account (astarte999) and a physical IP address, in this case a computer at a local coffee shop.
Ellie Wytte
 player, 2 posts
Mon 6 Jun 2016
at 01:41
Dusk
In reply to The Storyteller (msg # 5):

Ellie pouts at the little information. She was hoping for a bit more than that. Perhaps if she asked Zoe later, she could use what information she gathered to flesh out more information about the mysterious email before they decided to show up or not. She sends Zoe and email with the info and adds, "What do you think?"

There is so much happening all of a sudden, and Ellie can't decide what to do. The bloody invitation is the most intriguing for her. But it will also be great to be in Carlos's good graces, to help him out. He was friendly with Sergey too, after all. However, if this thing Marcus is talking about can benefit the clan, she is inclined to help him out.

She turns to Marcus. "You were saying something about a tome? I'll ask my friends about it when we meet up later. Perhaps at least some of them can help out."

This message was last edited by the player at 05:21, Mon 06 June 2016.

Zev
 player, 1 post
Mon 6 Jun 2016
at 01:58
Dusk
In reply to The Storyteller (msg # 3):

Zev was carefully wooing a young beautiful human when his phone beeped. He ignored it * A little more and she'll be in my bed, she seems to be into SM relations, maybe I'll be able to drink her blood without killing her. I like having reserves.*

The girl however didn't seem to ignore it, a bit inquisiting she asked about the beeping.
Reluctantly, and as to prove there was really no worries to have about it, Zev took his phone out and read the email he had just got.
He groaned. *The only gift I want right now is the one of peace while I hunt, sucker.* He realized his joke and grinned * Sucker, you get it? Idiot vampire...*

"So who is it?" The lady asked.
"Junk mail" he said and resumed kissing her before totally forgetting about it.
Betty
 player, 1 post
Mon 6 Jun 2016
at 04:56
Dusk
Betty is at her nursing home being visited by some family. "Well isn't he a lovely morsel dear. I could just eat him up." She says to her grand daughter after being introduced to her husband .....again.
"Nice to meet you Betty" Gram said
"You need to get outside more Gran, I could take you sometime." Alice says
"Oh that's a lovely idea Anne" Betty said" we could go to the beach."
"Oh no Gran your always sleeping these days, perhaps a movie?"
The Doctor Who's tardis noise comes out of nowhere.
"Gran you have a text" pics up her phone and looks quizzically at the the display " it's Ellie. She says you have a meeting."
"Ellie, Ellie, I can't recall an Ellie, oh well I guess if she says we do then we do."
"You know Gran you should be careful who you give your number to."
"Oh there's no need to worry dear, I have nine lives after all."
"Looks like she's about to cash in on one of them" mumbles Gram, Alice gives him a glare, "it's not like she can hear me." Snorting.
"Oh did you say something dear? I need you to look at me so I can read your lips, I'm a bit deaf."
"Have you thought about a hearing aid?" Gram asked.
"That sounds wonderful" Betty said clapping her hands together.
"We tried that, she kept loosing them." Alice said whispered. Patting Betty's hand " there's no need for you to get one yet, you can see great so we'll just make do."
"If you say so dear."
"I'm going to put your meeting into your calendar so you don't forget, ok? We'll see you next week, love you Gran" kisses her on the cheek.
"By you two, bring me some grandchildren next time you come"
"She thinks you're her daughter Anne." Gram mumbles on the way out.
"It can't be helped, it's the demetia."
Kristi Martin
 player, 1 post
Tue 7 Jun 2016
at 13:21
Dusk
In reply to The Storyteller (msg # 3):

Kristi sits on by her windowsill, listening to the poppy music pouring out of her bedroom's sound system. Thinking over the day's events, she couldn't help but wonder what tasks were lined up next. The Prince had never been direct with her when she had asked questions about it before. What on Earth was this all about?

Frustrated by her lack of control on the situation, Kristi gets up to leave when she spots a new email on her laptop. Spam? Probably. She thought no-one had her personal email address other than her most trusted...

With that, she threw on a tracksuit and headed out of the door. A long run always helped to clear her mind. She'd deal with the rest at the meeting they had planned later.

This message was last edited by the player at 13:29, Tue 07 June 2016.

Zoe Vaughn
 player, 1 post
Tue 7 Jun 2016
at 13:59
Dusk
In reply to The Storyteller (msg # 3):

Zoe stood in the shadows of an old abandoned warehouse, watching as a homeless contact left a crumpled and stained envelope between two lose bricks in the wall. He didn't sense her as he went about his task, until her phone pinged in her back pocket. Zoe stayed frozen against the wall as he turned and strained to see along the dark alley. For a few agonizingly slow heart beats she thought he might walk toward her, reach out to touch her corner of shadows...and break the masquerade. But he didn't. Instead, he quickly finished his job and left, knowing that cash would be waiting in the same crag in the wall when he came back on the hour.

Zoe waited till he was long out of site, then checked the message on her phone. Hmmm, the evening was looking like it might be more than her usual reconnaissance fair. Leaving her informant's pay and snatching the envelope, she slipped back down the alley and out of sight.
Zoe Vaughn
 player, 2 posts
Tue 7 Jun 2016
at 14:08
Dusk
In reply to Ellie Wytte (msg # 6):

Zoe tapped out a few quick messages to Ellie:

"Interesting email."
+attachment

"Ur thoughts? Underground, afk."

Then, she dropped through a manhole and began her descent into the bowls of the city.
Ellie Wytte
 player, 3 posts
Wed 8 Jun 2016
at 00:20
Dusk
In reply to Zoe Vaughn (msg # 11):

Ellie had asked everyone to meet her in an abandoned alley at 10pm, near the area where the coffee shop was that sent the email, in case any of them wanted to scope the place out and see what kind of vampire would 1) send an email, and 2) do it from a coffee shop. She had called Z'ev herself to make sure that he was coming, that loafing playboy. The rest will have to find their way here on their own if they even show up at all. She figures that people might be busy with other matters. After all, this meeting was kind of short notice. Ellie plans to propose to them to find out more about the mysterious email, or to help Marcus out.

It is now about five minutes before meeting time. 10pm is early enough for them to still have the night ahead of them, but late enough for the streets to be clear of most unknowing eyes. Only the drifters are left outside, so their chances of being seen and possibly breaking the Masquerade are lower, for the ones in the party whose faces can't blend in as human. Ellie sits behind a dumpster hiding the glow from her tablet as she checks her emails to distract herself from waiting for the others as her patience wears down quickly. She finds the email from Zoe and opens the attachment to see...?
Kristi Martin
 player, 2 posts
 Loyal cheerleader
 Beautiful soldier
Wed 8 Jun 2016
at 06:01
Dusk
In reply to Ellie Wytte (msg # 12):

Kristi finishes applying her post-workout make up and throws her phone into her bag before rushing out of the door. She didn't want to be late, any one of these tasks could be more important than the last and she had a lot to prove if she wanted to follow in her tutor's footsteps.

She strides through the streets with strong pace until she reaches a dimly-lit alley in which Ellie was tapping away at her tablet as usual. Kristi walks up hesistantly. "Nice meeting spot you've picked out here," she mutters.
Betty
 player, 2 posts
Wed 8 Jun 2016
at 12:08
Dusk
In reply to Ellie Wytte (msg #12)

Dressed in a bright pink shift with yellow and orange flowers Betty steps forward pushing her walker, looking around the bus stop. Hmmm which way? she wonders. Looking around she sees a graffitied arrow. Ah! Following the arrow's direction she hobbles along the uneven sidewalk until she comes to an ally way.
She piers into the gloom and sees two familiar auras. Turning she shuffles up to them and asks "Good evening dears. I'm afraid I've forgoten your names." She says while smiling brightly at the two. "Oh yes,  which one of you dears is Ellie?"
The Storyteller
 GM, 6 posts
Wed 8 Jun 2016
at 12:20
Dusk
The back alley reeks of old garbage and stale beer, and the steady sound of traffic, punctuated now and again by the blaring horn of an angry driver, echo down the alley.

Yet above it all, you can smell the scent of spilled blood, days old from some incident or another.  You can hear the sound of rats, each heartbeat and breath.  You thirst.

Familiar though they are, your companions set your teeth on edge...but they are here to help...at least...that is what you hope.
Wes Black
 player, 1 post
Wed 8 Jun 2016
at 23:33
Dusk
Wes saunters in from another ally nearby, in his traditional ripped jeans and long, ragged coat. Giving little indication of interest in anyone, except for Ellie, with whom he exchanges a brief nod, he leans against the nearest grimy brick wall, and silently waits for "someone" to get down to business.

He glances around from time to time, attempting to either spot some spy, or determine the location of the uncomfortably aged scent of blood.
Ellie Wytte
 player, 4 posts
Thu 9 Jun 2016
at 07:28
Dusk
In reply to Kristi Martin (msg # 13):

Kristi's arrival has Ellie up on her feet and nose out of the tablet. "Oh I'm sorry, princess," Ellie smirks, "I'll be sure to book the Hilton next time." But she brushes the dirt from the seat of her jeans just in case there was something there.

Someone else approaches, saying something in a creaky voice. "Oh yes,  which one of you dears is Ellie?"

"Betty?" Ellie responds, surprised that she arrived before most of the others, but it was only a moment before Wes saunters in and coolly nods to her. He seems a bit distracted, but she doesn't question it.

Figuring they can fill in the other two as they come, she begins. Enough with waiting around. Who knows, maybe the others are actually already here but skulking somewhere unseen. "Thanks for coming," she says, grinning. "Right to business, then. I've invited you here for two reasons. One, to address the weird email we got. And two, a friend of mine is looking for something and he needs our help to get it. Anyone interested? A crazy hunt, or a treasure hunt?"

This message was last edited by the player at 07:29, Thu 09 June 2016.

Zoe Vaughn
 player, 3 posts
Thu 9 Jun 2016
at 09:05
Dusk
In reply to Ellie Wytte (msg # 17):

Zoe stepped through the door partway through Ellie's speech, and hung her bulky hooded jacket by the door. Hopefully it would spare the others a little of the smell of the sewer.

"I vote treasure hunt. In the mood for a little scavenging to be honest. Though, I'll go wherenever if we end up putting it to a vote."
Zev
 player, 2 posts
Fri 10 Jun 2016
at 12:30
Dusk
In reply to Ellie Wytte (msg # 17):

Zev arrives as the conversation already started.
"Sorry for being late. I was ... mhh ... busy." He licks the blade of his knife suggestively. You can see some drops of bloods on his sleeve.

"But don't worry, my little friends were here even before Ellie." He points at the rats. "So I didn't miss anything."

"I'll be wherever my sharp knives will find blood. A treasure hunt doesn't sound like it so... I guess the weird email it is... What email are we actually talking about? The prince's one? Is he a traitor? Do we need to kill him and chase the sheriff down?"
Betty
 player, 3 posts
Sun 12 Jun 2016
at 03:53
Dusk
In reply to Ellie Wytte (msg # 17):

"Well, a treasure hunt sounds good to me dear." Betty said. She had a closer look at the ally way and on seeing the word "SPIKE" artistically rendered in large caps on the far wall she moseyed on over.

"Excuse me, dear" she says to the pretty one who wasn't Ellie. "Hmmm" making a thought full expression. The word moved side to side every so little as she tilted her head back and forth, it was one of those things, not quite here yet but almost, she thought.

 Turning back she asks the gastly one hovering around the door "What's your name dear? It takes me a while to remember things these days." Inspiration strikes "Perhaps a name tag? It would be mighty helpful if you all wore one."

Looking at all the strange/familiar faces and seeing a less than enthusiastic response says, "Oh well, never mind, just write your names down." Lifting the seat on her walker she rummages in her handbag and looking for a note pad and pen taking all sorts of things out in the process, candles, a Swiss Army knife, some bandages, two big sticks of chalk and an iPone. There was clearly more in there bit she finally found the note pad and pencil.

 "Here dear, write your name down on a page, then I'll scketch a picture to go with". Holding out the notebook to the one in the doorway. "Don't worry about the picture, I've scketched stranger things than you. No one thinks much of it these days. "
The Storyteller
 GM, 7 posts
Sun 12 Jun 2016
at 04:04
Dusk
In reply to Betty (msg # 20):

Something tumbled out of the notebook: a crumpled and smoothed advertisement for Martin's. Gaudy and colorful to the extreme, one can't help but be drawn and repelled at the same time.
Zoe Vaughn
 player, 4 posts
Sun 12 Jun 2016
at 07:51
Dusk
In reply to The Storyteller (msg # 21):

"Umm, Okay..." replied Zoe, wondering and worrying a bit about what exactly she could have drawn in the past that was stranger than a nosferatu. To be honest, that was pretty much a compliment though, not being the most horrifying thing someone had set eyes on. She raised her eyebrow at the Martin's flyer, not quite sure what to make of it as she scribbled her name.

"And like I said, I'm up for either. Though, we could go do both at once. Maybe...make teams or something...I mean if anyone wants to," she added hastily. Zoe handed the notebook back to Betty and tucked herself against the wall, hoping she hadn't stepped on any toes making suggestions.
Ellie Wytte
 player, 5 posts
Sun 12 Jun 2016
at 14:28
Dusk
In reply to Zev (msg # 19):

"Dude, did you not get that weird email about Martin's store or whatever? Go read it!
Wes Black
 player, 2 posts
Mon 13 Jun 2016
at 00:05
Dusk
"The type of humor in that email removed any interest I ever would have had in the place" Wes states dryly. "I'd rather do something that might actually be important. What are we looking for exactly?"
Kristi Martin
 player, 3 posts
 Loyal cheerleader
 Beautiful soldier
Tue 14 Jun 2016
at 09:58
Dusk
In reply to Ellie Wytte (msg # 17):

"I don't really know if the rest of us owe much loyalty to your friend, Ellie. How can I say if they're worth my efforts? Besides, this email could be a real lead," Kristi scoffs, raising an eyebrow. "If anyone wants to join me, well... Speak up."

She impatiently strides over to Betty, and puts out a demanding hand toward the notebook she is clutching. "May I take a look at that flyer, please?"
Ellie Wytte
 player, 6 posts
Tue 14 Jun 2016
at 10:25
Dusk
In reply to Kristi Martin (msg # 25):

Ellie's cheeks flush. Even though she's been out of high school for decades at this point, she has a flashback of girls like Kristi bullying her for being a nerd. It was definitely not cool to be a computer geek back in the 90s, back when computers were as big as she was.

But if Kristi is going to check out Martin's, Ellie can go along and have plenty of opportunity to get her back. Besides, she is still super curious about this email. Sorry, Marcus. At least she trusts Wes to do things properly, if not Betty and Zoe.

"Since I'm the one who traced the email and everything, it only makes sense for me to investigate this Martin's thing," Ellie says. "That way we'll be split evenly, three to three."

This message was last edited by the player at 10:25, Tue 14 June 2016.

Zev
 player, 3 posts
Wed 15 Jun 2016
at 01:40
Dusk
In reply to Ellie Wytte (msg # 26):

Zev raises an eyebrow:
"I'm not sure I got everything but... Does that mean I'll be with the two cute ladies and the... " He considers calling them what they are (ugly, the old crazy and the weird doc).. but then changes his minds. ".. the others will go look for whatever is wanted? Sounds like a plan."

*Somehow I must be very lucky to choose the same things as those two girls....* He thought with a smile.
Betty
 player, 4 posts
Wed 15 Jun 2016
at 03:21
Dusk
In reply to Kristi Martin (msg # 25):

"Well aren't you lovely dear, what's your name? Oooh you want to write your name in my book? That's sweet of you." She hands her the notebook and pencil. "Could you write your phone number in there too, there's a darling" Betty cooed to her.