Emergence.   Posted by Narrator.Group: 0
Ophirina
 player, 102 posts
Tue 15 Mar 2016
at 14:12
Emergence
Ophirinia nodded her head hearing Cambrias words, moving forward once more she looked from her fellow wyrmling to the mound of mystical earth, I had a feeling such was the case but my efforts to dig through have been for naught, I can't shift the dirt fast enough before the object fills it back in to impede me.
Ophirina
 player, 104 posts
Wed 23 Mar 2016
at 14:04
Emergence
Shifting slightly with her fellow wyrmling offering no further advice she inclined her head in thanks and turned from the mound and its tree, returning the way she had came gliding across the ravine to the main cavern Ophirinia would once again make her way towards the Howling Tunnel. Through it and out the main entrance the young wyrmling spread her wings and took flight heading towards the forest edge that bordered the plains...
Narrator
 GM, 233 posts
Wed 23 Mar 2016
at 18:11
Emergence
Ophirina

The wind welcomed Ophirina’s return. The sky was blue and clear, freshness caught on a westerly breeze.

Continued in Expanding Horizons
Narrator
 GM, 253 posts
Thu 7 Apr 2016
at 09:03
Emergence
Luxia awoke only to fall back asleep again. This time though she dreamed deeply enough that a day or two passed. Then she awoke with a fitful start. Her eyes gleaming with the light of new understanding. As if in a trance, she moved out to the precipice. Then climbed the mountain. Once she reached the peak she settled before the pointed tip of the Obelisk and simply bathed in the radiance. The light grew in intensity and then there was a flash of light, and in that momentary flash Luxia was now gone from the side of the mountain.
Narrator
 GM, 255 posts
Fri 8 Apr 2016
at 19:56
Emergence
Argos

Argos fell out of the darkness and shivered as if afflicted by a cold that ate the marrow of his bones. He had returned, but from where? The memories of where he had been were distorted, full of darkness and things that moved in that darkness. But he had plucked some forbidden Pheme. It now existed in his thoughts and restlessly asked to be used. Something instinctive would warn Argos of the dangers of using the unknown Pheme. Even though the temptation was right there.

Argos found himself before the Shadow Obelisk once more. Amidst the tunnels that led to the [Crevice] and [Dank Tunnel.] Yet again Argos would need to climb out.  Hunger and thirst gnawed at him with a strangely deep hunger.

(Gain Pheme - Amuul - ???)
Argos
 Player, 1 post
Sun 10 Apr 2016
at 15:06
Emergence
Although his memory was still distorted, he remember toe at some lifeforms before, in the way of the earth obelisk.

Following his hunger Argos once again goes in the direction of the crevice, he intents to leave the cave and hunt again some of those creatures.
Narrator
 GM, 261 posts
Mon 11 Apr 2016
at 09:16
Emergence
Argos

The climb out of the [crevice]  was a familiar one. Even though Argos was hungry he felt more empty. There was a strong sense  something was missing and no amount of eggs would solve it. In a blur he was soon out of the cavern once more decimating the birds nests. Eating eggs helped the hunger but did nothing for the emptiness or thirst. The light of the sun also felt unpleasant. Just too bright! On the side of the mountain there were few areas of shadow.
Argos
 Player, 3 posts
Mon 11 Apr 2016
at 15:36
Emergence
What is happening inside me? Something feels as missing, once I treat all my body's necessities, I must investigate it further.

With this thoughts in mind, Argos goes, again, to the chamber in which he had emerged, remembering the small lake that existed there to stop his thirst.

But, before he pass through the waterfall, he first tries to sense the others' presence through his mindlink. He must be prepeared to encounter any of them.

This message was last edited by the player at 15:54, Mon 11 Apr 2016.

Narrator
 GM, 263 posts
Mon 11 Apr 2016
at 21:49
Emergence
Argos

Even when full on eggs and with his thirst sated. There was a peculiar emptiness. A feeling as if something had been lost. He would feel the emptiness inside and know no amount of food or drink could sate it. As if to mirror his emptiness the cavern was empty as well. No Dragons to be found.  There was however one unhatched dragon's egg.
Argos
 Player, 4 posts
Mon 11 Apr 2016
at 22:34
Emergence
Argos, goes to behind the waterfall and start to meditate, he focus his mind to two tasks, the first one is to compare his actual self with his previous self and tries to discover whats wrong with him, the other is to recollect his messy memories into a comprehensive knowledge and, maybe, discover the meaning behind the new pheme he had.

To achieve it Argos focus his senses in the waterfall, he only listen to it so, soon, with concentration, he was able to ignore it and immerse his conscious into himself, feeling his own body organs functioning.
Narrator
 GM, 265 posts
Tue 12 Apr 2016
at 10:47
Emergence
Argos

Argos meditated and focused inward on himself.  Instantly he felt the emptiness it was at the heart of him like a black void that had moved in. It did not feel bad it just felt different. It was as if having the Pheme Amuul had created the hollow allowing him to have it in the first place.

Looking inward at his memories all he could draw forth was that he had been in a dark place that was home to the deepest shadow. Those shadows had moved and he had spoken to them but the memory of what was said and what happened just created a feeling of blankness like thinking on it just came up empty.
Narrator
 GM, 275 posts
Thu 14 Apr 2016
at 21:13
Emergence
Tyrin

Tyrin entered the cave, Journeyed past the howling obelisk and found himself once more in the cavern. He would notice there to be a fresh dragon’s egg all alone within the nest of rocks that he himself had not long ago emerged from.

This message was last edited by the GM at 21:13, Thu 14 Apr 2016.

Tyrin
 player, 142 posts
Thu 14 Apr 2016
at 21:20
Emergence
Tyrin contemplated taking the fresh egg with him when he returned to the castle but he decided against it and left it to its own devices. It was better to come into the world on your own accord, free of the expectations and limitations of others. That aside he moved towards the <>bubbling pool<> and submerged himself.

Swimming towards the Molten Obelisk he paused at the point where he had stopped previously. In his mind he imagined the heat of the Obelisk bending away from him. The bubbles following the flow allowing him passage closer to the Obelisk. He then invoked Ixen in his mind and attempted to exact his reality onto the world.

If successful he would attempt to detect the magic of the Obelisk at a closer range.
Narrator
 GM, 278 posts
Fri 15 Apr 2016
at 12:59
Emergence
Tyrin

The bubbling pool to Tyrin was warm and comfortable. Especially when a fresh wave of heat was generated. The comfort level though steadily began to diminish the deeper he swam. His swimming efforts were less than graceful and his wings seemed to be causing more drag than they were solving. Tyrin would also be aware he was holding his breath. There was heat now and it sharpened in sensation across his scales.

(Gain Swim - III )

Ixen was invoked to good effect, the wet walls of heat seemed to bend around Tyrin creating a pocket of no longer scalding water. The orange hue brightened and the molten edges of the Obelisk came into view.

[The Molten Obelisk]

The  obelisk looked as though it was made of obsidian with a cracks of bright orange penetrating the outer exterior of each of the faces of the obelisk. The top most section cracked open completely glowing orange with a white centre. It was like looking into the heart of a volcano. Some of the glowing cracks looked like they were made up of tribalistic looking words. The Obelisk continually secreted a  slow lava flow. The heat of which caused the water of the lake to boil and bubble. There were releases of waves of sputtering red globules of lava that seemed to violently erupt in a repeating pattern like a volcano going through a cycle of eruptions.

Tyrin would find that the blend of holding his breath, swimming badly in place, and staring into bubbles was not having the desired effect. He was not able to sense much beyond repeated explosions of magical energy that went on to suffuse the lake then steadily dissipate.

( Sense magic failed. Gain sense magic IIII )
Tyrin
 player, 144 posts
Sun 17 Apr 2016
at 02:33
Emergence
Tyrin would return to the surface to regain his breath. If he had been born with the ability to breath water this task would be easier to manage but the ease of the task was proportional to the reward. Looking to the ceiling of the cavern Tyrin wondered if his mother was looking at him from wherever she was.

Dismissing sentimentality he submerged himself again. Moving closer to the Obelisk he imagined the same reality as before. The heat of the obelisk bent away from Tyrin allowing him to approach it once again. He focused his mental image more to redirect the heat of the lava away from the tribalistic words. Using his ability to sense magic he once again attempted to learn the secrets of the obelisk.
Narrator
 GM, 285 posts
Sun 17 Apr 2016
at 10:59
Emergence
Tyrin

Once more the heat bent to Tyrin’s will, allowing him to get closer to the molten obelisk. Willing the magma to move however had no current effect. But as the lava dribbled various tribalistic markings could be seen. Unfortunately sensing the magic was frustrated by the need for air. It would take four more attempts to truly sense the obelisk.

In the moment of success however Tyrin would witness Silver and Orange strands waving like spiderwebs caught in a breeze. The core of the Molten Obelisk ceased to exist for a moment and Tyrin would get to glimpse the core of the earth and the molten rock that swirled like a restless force. There would then be an eruption and Tyrin was expelled upwards with a violence of force as if riding the eruption. Volcanoes erupted  in their hundreds and the sea bed steamed and frothed. The lava flows spread and formed symbols across a blackened terrain that existed in a universe of fire and smoke. At sighting them Tyrin heard bubbling words that sometimes roared like explosions. The words held a violence and warrior spirit that raged as if in defiance of something.

ixen valignat ixen itmen irrsek vur Skaeren vignar troth wer vraktor!

Ixen was repeated and fully understood to mean fire. It was a pheme That Tyrin had already gained and was making good use of. Two new words however stood out. Irrsek and Skaeren

( Gain Swim III Gain Sense Magic III Gain Pheme - Irrsek - Smoke, Skaeren - Lava ) ( Gain Status Pheme exhaustion.)
Tyrin
 player, 146 posts
Mon 18 Apr 2016
at 06:31
Emergence
Status Pheme Exhaustion

Tyrin would exit the bubbling pool and relax for a moment on the warm stones beside it. He had accomplished his goal but his body felt drained. As if his magic had waned temporarily. It was a new sensation but it did teach him a valuable lesson in moderation. His true concern was the upcoming encounter with the Goblins. Would his inability to use Pheme hinder his performance? What was the best course of action to regain his strength?

He didn't have the answers nor the means to find them. Accepting the hand that Fate had dealt him he left the cavern to return to the castle. He would relax for the day and spend his time attempting to learn the Rattus' language.
Narrator
 GM, 290 posts
Mon 18 Apr 2016
at 18:16
Emergence
Tyrin

Tyrin left the Cavern and took to wing.

Continued in Expanding Horizons.

Narrator
 GM, 361 posts
Thu 12 May 2016
at 20:19
Emergence
The Slaying of Argos.

Ophirina & Argos

Sleep came quickly the activities of the day having caught up with Ophirina. Darkness closed in and took her away to nowhere. No images flitted across the mind there was just the restfulness of sleep that crept with a sort of unease. ( Ancestral Memory failed. Regain 1 Vitality.)

That restfulness however was disturbed by an insistent voice of shadowy whispers breaking into the mind with pained urgency, “Wake Up!”

The scene was a grim one. A dragon egg was now smashed, a spear having pierced all the way through. Argos was also wearing deep injuries that bled hot life. Lodged deep was a spear that jutted out from his chest. A goblin lay dead at his feet, seemingly mauled. But there were more Goblins. Four more fanned out, spears raised and ready to take flight. One was thrown with a grunt of exertion at the just waking Ophirina.

As if thrown of one singular mind the remaining three spears struck Argos. Argos fell down slain, bristling with spears that bled the last of his life.

(Scenario Started: Drums of War.)
Ophirina
 player, 151 posts
 Vitality
 9/10
Thu 12 May 2016
at 21:52
Emergence
Ophirinias eyes went wide seeing the goblins invading their nest lair and quickly shook off her slumber. Watching Argos fall threw all caution to the wind, her eyes narrowed as she breathed in deeply they breathed out. Rather than the flames she used against the undead against these nasty goblins she used her poisonous gas, exhaling in a wide berth over the attackers... Attack our sires hatchery? Slay one of our brethern? You goblins court a slow death.
Narrator
 GM, 364 posts
Sat 14 May 2016
at 09:07
Emergence
Ophirina

A goblin spear was thrown… ( Success!)

The exhale of dragon's breath resulted in a billowing cloud of poison that was let loose in a wide radius. The goblins coughed and spluttered, having little in the way of defence against the air suddenly turning to poison! They let out agonised noises as a slow death creeped up on them. No goblin remained standing they all fell over and rolled listlessly as the poison did its fatal work.

But the spear struck hard, punching through scaled hide lodging itself partially in Ophirina’s side. There was a flash of pain and an awareness of the barbed spear stuck between scale and muscle. ( Take II vitality Damage. Gain Status - Breath Exhaustion. )
Ophirina
 player, 152 posts
 Vitality
 8/10
Sat 14 May 2016
at 13:15
Emergence
Status:
Vitality: 8/10
Breath Exhaustion


Grimacing her neck turned as she reached back to tentatively try and remove the spear from her side, if it proved too difficult to remove she would at least brace herself and crack off half the length of the shaft so it would not impede her movements too much. Gingerly she would buffet the area with her wings, while the poisonous gas was little threat to herself it would not do to have the others return to find the nest lair chocked with her gas.

Turning her attention to the fallen goblins she would poke at the corpses, seeing if any of the little beings had anything of note before devouring one or two to see if anything could be gained from their consumption. After a disappointing hunt last night at least the little wretches could slightly stave off her hunger til a proper meal was found.
Narrator
 GM, 370 posts
Tue 24 May 2016
at 10:52
Emergence
Ophirina

Removing the spear hurt badly as the head of the spear was barbed and so  designed to be hard to remove without doing further injury. ( Take 1 vitality damage.)

With a sweep and beat of wings the poison gas was dissipated.

Poking the corpses of the Goblins did not result in much, they were definitely dead and unmoving. They had very little on them; nothing that would be considered of worth.

It turned out eating goblin was the equivalent of eating something rather bony with not much meat on. It did not taste bad but it was certainly sinewy. Eating two of the goblins had no appreciable effect but they were rather tasty and went some way towards sating a modicum of hunger.
Ophirina
 player, 154 posts
 Vitality
 8/10
Tue 24 May 2016
at 14:09
Emergence
Status:
Vitality: 7/10
Breath Exhaustion


Grimacing Ophirinia went through the motions of casting the mortal Renewal spell, directing the healing injuries into the nasty wound in her side. However much it helped she would proceed to toss the remains of the goblins into the northern chamber with the pile of rotting bats and their guano. Turning to the other task at hand she considered Argos' corpse. Eating the goblins had not resulted in anything, would eating the dark one give her some of his affinity? As she let the spell heal she considered the potential as well as the rather dire nation of eating the remains of one of her nest-siblings. True he was as different from herself as night was to day but would her fellow siblings come to view her as a threat?

Shaking her head she would drag Argos' body into the northern chamber as well away from the nest cluster before she herself gathered her bags of treasure and moved towards the Howling Tunnel. Slipping carefully along the windy passage to the ledge beyond she unfurled her wings and sprang into the air to head east towards the edge of the forest where it met the plains...
Narrator
 GM, 376 posts
Wed 25 May 2016
at 19:45
Emergence
Ophirina

Ophirina only just managed to cast the Renewal spell. It was a weak effort that only just scraped by, but was effective enough to cause a small improvement of her condition.

( Regain I Vitality. )

There was little stopping Ophirina from trying again in a short time. Perhaps with practice would come better results.

Dragging the skewered Argos was an effort in of itself, requiring strength of will and sheer muscle power. But eventually Argos and the Goblins were pulled into the blackened tunnel.

Moving out onto the precipice was to look out over the island and feel a strong easterly wind blowing. The sky was overcast with grey clouds that gently drizzled. Ophirina vaulted from the precipice and let the easterly wind take her.

Continued in Expanding Horizons.