Expanding Horizons.   Posted by Narrator.Group: 0
Kromlin
 player, 190 posts
 Polymorph Exhaustion
Wed 25 May 2016
at 02:09
Re: Expanding Horizons
With not much to see around his lair, Kromlin took flight to look for something to eat. He figured he might as well look for where mountain goats can be found, to offer as tribute to the giant snake that lived nearby. While in flight, the wyrmling took stock of the weather conditions of the island and gauged what possible weather they would be expecting for the day. He also surveyed the area underneath him, ensuring that there was nothing amiss.
Tyrin
 player, 176 posts
Wed 25 May 2016
at 03:06
Re: Expanding Horizons
Knowing all to well what the consequences of Goblins spears where Tyrin would take to the air and cling to the ceiling of the tunnel. From there he would move away from the Goblins using the Gloom as cover. His intention was to draw the Goblins attention and have them waste their spears at the darkness. From there he would launch sweeping attacks like he did against the practice dummies using their minds as locators. Even if they did not abandon their spears he would move in to attack, hopefully the element of surprise would be on his side.
Kelyassa
 player, 101 posts
 Status - Hanathian Curse
Wed 25 May 2016
at 10:55
Re: Expanding Horizons
After the lessons Kelyassa seemed to think and brood for a moment as she torn between keeping her promise and the urgency of her own situation. After a moment of silence she let out a deep sigh as she came into motion again, she opened her mind link to the fairies and before she walked out of the glade she spoke to them "Thank you friends, for the lessons and the advice."

After getting out of the glade and onto a clearing Kelyassa took to the skies. After climbing into the sky she headed towards the Broken Light House, hoping her sibling wouldn't mind if she used it as a vantage point to stare across the sea for a moment.
Narrator
 GM, 377 posts
Wed 25 May 2016
at 19:50
Re: Expanding Horizons
Ophirina

With precision Ophirina rode the easterly wind and then descended. Landing gently at the edge of the forest and the plains. Something was however amiss, a strong smell of goblin followed by the beat of a drum alerted Ophirina to all not being well in the vicinity. Kelyassa could also be seen, flexing her wings in readiness for flight but she also seemed oddly distant.

Kromlin

The mountain goats would likely be found perched on the side of the mountain or close by grazing. That only really left one place to hunt around.

The weather was wet and overcast. The state of the weather would rema jubilant storms over the sea.

( Gain sense weather II )

Surveying the island resulted in a surprising sight. Goblins! They were on the move.

Kelyassa

Kelyassa would find herself to not be alone. At the edge of the forest was Ophirina starring in one direction. There was the beat of a drum and a mingled sound of raised aggressive voices. There was something else though, a whispering in the back of the mind as if something was trying to speak, but the words could not quite be heard or understood. To try and listen was to become lost to the depths of the whispers, which felt into the deep recesses of the dragon's mind. Like an infection that started to slowly spread.

Goblins on the Move.

A vast sea of Goblins seemed to be on the move. Formed into a scattered war host that now marched towards Dead Town. Some further broke off and moved with purpose towards the ruined castle. Bobcat Ambushers moved ahead of both as if scouting forward. Banners of stretched Rattus skins fluttered in the wind. The beat of several drums seemed to propel the goblins forward at an almost unified marching pace. There were lines of warriors and behind those skulked the Goblin Chukka bristling with readied throwing spears. Further back were more diminutive goblins, they seemed only to be armed with digging tools but strode forward with meaningful purpose. There was also something else in the air, a sort of charged sensation tinged with the promise of blood soon to be spilt. Amid the throngs of goblins were two visible shaman's calling on the blood rites of old.

Tyrin

Tyrin was successful in drawing the goblins attention. Both let loose their spears in vain, striking nothing but cavern walls. (Spear throws Failed.)

Tyrin launched his surprise attack descending in a violent sweep of motion. (Success & Failure.) One goblin was caught and torn quickly asunder suffering such severity of wounds the last of their life would bleed out in short order. The second however skirted away and rolled neatly into the darkness. It could be heard running.
Kelyassa
 player, 102 posts
 Status - Hanathian Curse
Wed 25 May 2016
at 20:11
Re: Expanding Horizons
Kelyassa let out a soft grumble and sigh as she heard the drums in the distance. She briefly opened her mindlink to her sibling to relay a message before she would take to the air "If you see Tyrin or Kromlin, tell them I will come help as soon as I can with these goblins. I need to go find someone who can help me get rid of the Curse that old Hermit spoke out over me before he died."

She didn't wait for a reply or answer of Ophirina and simply took to the skies. She flew up as high as she could and turned east, setting her sights on the distant island the Fairies told her of. She knew that physically flying there would be to much of a strain so she opted to go as high up as she could and just glide to the island for as far as the eastern winds could carry her.
Ophirina
 player, 155 posts
 Vitality
 8/10
Wed 25 May 2016
at 20:17
Re: Expanding Horizons
Status:
Vitality: 8/10
Breath Exhaustion


Ophirinia glanced to her sibling then to the further east. War was about to break the others would likely deal with the goblins she herself turned and moved into the forest. In some sense she wanted revenge on the little creatures but they had proved quite dangerous in small number, if they were on the move better to avoid them. For now her focus was on moving through the forest seeking out the Glade...

This message was last edited by the player at 20:20, Wed 25 May 2016.

Kromlin
 player, 191 posts
 Polymorph Exhaustion
Wed 25 May 2016
at 22:54
Re: Expanding Horizons
Kromlin could only figure that the goblins were up to no good if they were moving with these numbers. Figuring he could wait for later to get something to eat, he turned and hastened to the ruined castle to give his alert to the Tyrin and the Rattus of the goblin forces approaching.
Narrator
 GM, 379 posts
Thu 26 May 2016
at 12:44
Re: Expanding Horizons
Kelyassa

With a hop and a powerful downbeat Kelyassa leapt into the air and propelled herself ever upwards. The winds at first were gentle enough but on getting higher the true ferocity of the wind picked up. Beneath, everything became small. Like watching green ants crawl across the surface of a shrinking Island.

Continued in the Eastern Isles.

Ophirina

Finding The Glade was as simple as looking for it. Two mighty trees creaked and groaned as they moved unnaturally and formed an arch with a curtain of leaves across it. There was a soft melody that seemed warm and inviting but it did not come from any singular voice, it was more a feeling that mirrored the sun shining within.

Visible was a single fairy and the Spring Dryad. Both came over but only the Dryad spoke. “Welcome friend of the glade, you look as radiant as ever, may I give you a thankful hug? You have done so much for us!” The Dryad beamed with a grateful smile, then did a sudden cartwheel of excitement and hopped on the spot clapping her hands. “Do say yes!”

Kromlin

Kromlin flew to the ruined castle with the intent to warn of the approaching Goblins. The Rattus in the castle seemed busy with a task. They were herding Giant worm like creatures. Prodding them and goading them into the centre courtyard. These creatures seemed to drool a corrosive substance that bubbled and melted stone. They seemed agitated and aggressive.

The Herders then beat a retreat back into the depths of the castle basement. Kromlin was welcomed along if he so wished. It seemed the Rattus already knew the Goblins were on the move. A distant bell tolled and rung repeatedly from Dead Town.
Ophirina
 player, 156 posts
 Vitality
 8/10
Thu 26 May 2016
at 17:09
Re: Expanding Horizons
Status:
Vitality: 8/10
Breath Exhaustion


Ophirinia smiled inwardly listening to the dryads words but still inclined her head, "You may my friend." Glancing about as she was hugged she glanced between the dryad and the fairy, "Last I was here there were many present, has the goblin activity gotten the others on the move again?"
Tyrin
 player, 179 posts
Thu 26 May 2016
at 17:52
Re: Expanding Horizons
Having killed one of the Goblins and let one escape he decided that he would press forward on his objective. If he could destroy even one of the wooden structures before the Goblin horde arrived then they might gain some sort of advantage against them. He knew he had to be quick but being impatient could leave to his own death. Taking the safer route Tyrin continued to climb along the walls and ceiling of the tunnel just as he had practiced earlier.
Kromlin
 player, 192 posts
 Polymorph Exhaustion
Fri 27 May 2016
at 01:44
Re: Expanding Horizons
Kromlin understood the tense situation among the Rattus, allowing himself to be lead inside. He inquired of Tyrin, and what preparations they have for the goblin assault. He also inquired on how he can help out in turning the battle to the Rattus' favor.
Narrator
 GM, 386 posts
Fri 3 Jun 2016
at 20:59
Re: Expanding Horizons
Ophirina

The Dryad let go of the dragon but not before hugging at Ophirina for an extensive amount of time. “Oh wondrous day to see my friend again. It is sad that war is also here but the cycle will continue. The others have no stomach for it and hide where the sun is bright. This is my season so I must stay behind and watch…”

The Dryad seemed gloomy momentarily and the skies became overcast and a warm wet shower fell amidst the glade.

“How are you sweet dragon and what can I help you with? I can open the way to a forgotten treasure! I can strengthen your will against harm. Or I can show you how to invoke the essence of spring! Or Perhaps you wish to be shown a mate, oh it would be glorious if you fell in love, oh... but is it too soon?”

The Fairy interrupted, "or perhaps you too seek the wisdom of the fairies, I can show you how to Shrink yourself and others."

Tyrin

Tyrin was careful to move amid the stalactites. They offered good cover and if he was slow enough his sound could be masked by the natural noises of the caverns denizens below and the constant dripping sounds. It was no easy feat to see through the gloom but sharp focus revealed the first of the wooden structures.

The structure was in the shape of an over sized unlit bonfire. It seemed like great effort had been made to bring entire lengths of wood and woven bark down into the subterranean depths. Beyond the first structure could be seen a much larger structure of the same piled wood. This was however deeper back and seemed to have a vast stone cauldron  placed atop..

The scent of goblin was certainly in the area but none could be seen but many minds could be sensed. There was another smell one that hinted at blood and burnt offerings.

Kromlin

Kromlin would be told that Tyrin had gone to investigate some wooden structures in the depths of the gloom that were causing some concern. The other information he would receive from the oddly calm Rattus was that  Mauralius had gone topside and taken half the rattus of the walls with him. They were determined to defend deadtown from being tunneled into. Mauralius was in charge of the war effort up there. They had abandoned the castle but left a nasty surprise for any goblins that sought to take it. Kromlin had some possible choices to make.

Join Tyrin assaulting the unknown wooden structures in the gloom.
Join The Rattus at the subterranean walls.
Join the war effort above picking targets as he so chooses.
Locate Mauralius and go where instructed.
Or Perhaps another option.
Tyrin
 player, 180 posts
Fri 3 Jun 2016
at 21:10
Re: Expanding Horizons
Tyrin's first instinct was to lose himself to his baser nature and destroy the wooden structures with a flurry of flame and talon. It was, however, his experiences that calmed his mind. Having witnessed the power of magic and knowledge of Goblin Blood magic he could not so easily dismiss these ritualistic items.

The care and precision needed to construct these structures so deep underground only amplified their importance. No, he needed to think rather than destroy. He would move closer and search the area using his magic senses and mindlink. He was looking for a definitive source of power, a leader, or even better a reason why these structures existed at all.
Narrator
 GM, 388 posts
Sat 4 Jun 2016
at 19:05
Re: Expanding Horizons
Sense Magic Failure.

The area was ripe with a sense of magic. It dripped with congealed blood, but there was just too much of it that swam about like turbulent ripples.It was hard to pin point anything other than a raw and primal sense that magic was being worked upon the the structures of wood. The cauldron also gave off a magical stench but it was mistake to open his senses to it. There was just too much going on with it.

What became clear however was the mind presiding over the area. It seemed expectant ready and waiting. There were other minds equally expectant but they also held back. A grey skinned Goblin heavily scarred and painted in red warpaint stepped forward. He seemingly held no weapons. But let out a jeering noise into the gloom.

[Goblin Elder]
Vitality: [IIIII][II
Status: [Serpent Spirit Ally] [Strength of Foe]

Thoughts: “So Dragon, do you come to seek a good death? Or to skulk in the gloom like winged vermin. Come face me or be known as ‘coward worm tail’ to the spirits!”

Aspects: [Summon Serpent Spirit] [Strength of Foe] [Blood Price] [Sanguine Shield] [Exsanguinate] [Repertoire of Blood Rituals.]
Tyrin
 player, 181 posts
Sat 4 Jun 2016
at 21:07
Re: Expanding Horizons
Tyrin was not to goaded out of his hiding place but with the element of surprise gone he elected to descend to the ground. He would be careful to keep his distance from the groups of goblins as he addressed the Tribal Elder with a mindlink open for all to hear.

Death finds us all Elder. Today I have come to find you. Your people wage war against the Rattus and I have made it my obligation to seek out their enemies and kill them.

Tyrin allowed a moment of pause before he continued.

So tell me Elder. Will you face me alone and win the honor of fighting a Dragon or will you attack me in mass like a coward?

Tyrin remembered what Marusalis had told him about the Tribal Elders and their recklessness in pursuit of a good death. He had hoped it would be change the tide in his favor. What he garnered from his mindlink, however, disturbed him. The Elder possessed power that he had not yet faced. It would not be a battle easily won.
Kromlin
 player, 194 posts
 Polymorph Exhaustion
Sun 5 Jun 2016
at 01:41
Re: Expanding Horizons
So many options, so little time. Kromlin has wondered why some people were always in a hurry to get things done. He decided to head topside to get a better look of the situation in the air, above the castle. He could observe how far the goblin army were from the castle. It was a shame he has no means of commanding weather - otherwise he could just let it rain lightning and make the goblins have second thoughts of continuing with the battle.

Kromlin tried to spot whoever was leading the goblin army. Maybe if they can take down the leader the rest would fall into disarray.
Ophirina
 player, 158 posts
 Vitality
 8/10
Sun 5 Jun 2016
at 12:11
Re: Expanding Horizons
Status:
Vitality: 8/10
Breath Exhaustion


Ophirinia tilted her head listening as the dryad then the fairy spoke, it seemed like the fae would remain neutral on this matter and that did not upset her. Turning to the dryad she inclined her head, "All are certainly great boons my friend but what is this invoking the essence of spring?" The thought of a potential mate wasn't so much a great idea before she established herself but the the mention of the springs essence caught her attention...

This message was last edited by the player at 12:13, Sun 05 June 2016.

Narrator
 GM, 392 posts
Sun 5 Jun 2016
at 20:37
Re: Expanding Horizons
Tyrin

Scenario Started: The heart of my Enemy

“Yes Dragon it will be an honor indeed to kill more of the progeny of the deceiver and thief.

"You have my word on my ancestors that none shall interfere with our combat. I Xalluics swear it on my blood before the spirits. Should I speak false may my heart wither."

"Should I triumph I shall eat your heart but release your spirit. You will swear to do the same or be cursed to spirit rot. Do you agree Dragon?”


There was a power to the thoughts one of hatred tempered by grudging respect. The Tribal Elder growled harsh words and a silence fell over the goblin horde that lurked within the gloom.

Kromlin

Kromlin took to the skies once more doing his best to survey the scene. The goblins were definitely on the move. They did not move as regimented blocks but were loosely dispersed; amid the numbers also moved Bobcats. From the sky the goblins all looked much the same. With one very blatant exception. There was a towering goblin that had strapped to his Chest a vast bone drum. Even from a distance of wheeling above it all a raw magical sense emanated from the drum. It spoke of a blood thirst that needed to be slaked.


Ophirina

"It is the greatest gift  of the season, to imbue something like a seed, a flower, an insect or other living being with full growth and vitality of the season of spring. What you so choose will blossom and bear fruit. If you were to do it on yourself you would age a full season and grow in vitality and likely natural size. The withered and sickly can also be greatly aided. But be warned it is a trying invocation that requires a focus on what Spring means. Does this interest you?"
Tyrin
 player, 182 posts
Sun 5 Jun 2016
at 21:15
Re: Expanding Horizons
I, Tyrin, accept your conditions and swear on my name that if I win I shall not knowingly claim your spirit under the pain of spirit rot.

It was an easy thing to agree to considering Tyrin did not possess the ability to claim spirits one way of the other.

Having said his piece he prepared himself for combat. Not knowing how the Goblin would act he simply waited, posed to launch a counterattack.
Kromlin
 player, 195 posts
 Polymorph Exhaustion
Mon 6 Jun 2016
at 02:24
Re: Expanding Horizons
Kromlin contemplated on the situation. He might be able to use Shocraos once to deliver a potent blow on the drum wielder, then swoop in moments later to snatch the wielder and drum into the air. If he could take the drum elsewhere, would the goblins follow?

For know, he would attempt to use Shocraos to its full potential. It would likely be the one shot he could manage for the day if his experience yesterday was any indication, so he has to make the hit count. He imagined the connection of energy from him to the drum-wielding goblin, imagining the charges from him and the target goblin linking up before unleashing the full burst of a Shocraos onto the unsuspecting goblin. He then braced himself for the exhaustion that followed whenever he exerted too much power with his Dragic to prepare for swooping upon the drum wielder and the drum.
Ophirina
 player, 160 posts
 Vitality
 8/10
Mon 6 Jun 2016
at 15:20
Re: Expanding Horizons
Status:
Vitality: 8/10
Breath Exhaustion


Ophirinia looked to the dryad and tilted her head, "That sounds like a very powerful thing, would I be able to learn it?"
Narrator
 GM, 395 posts
Wed 8 Jun 2016
at 17:41
Re: Expanding Horizons
Tyrin

The Goblin Elder did not waste a moment he snarled  a series of words that blazed with magical potency. (Exsanguinate: Cast Success!)

The words would have stabbed and rended as if sharp and jagged, if it were not for the natural resistances that Tyrin had as a dragon. ( D’ragic - Resist. Gain Skill Spell Resistance - [I  ) No ill fate befell Tyrin, but the potency of the intent behind it was certainly felt. The Goblin Elder was now open to a counter attack.

Kromlin

Kromlin focused his intent on drawing forth lightning. A dark stormcloud emerged in an instant forming around him, from inside of it strands of lightning began to coalesce. There was a brief momentary flash followed by a crack of thunder, as lightning roared down from the heavens and struck the oversized goblin. The crown of it’s head burned and the creature let out a roar only to topple over dead as its insides cooked. (Shocraos Success - Spell resist failure - Triple damage. Gain Status: Pheme Exhaustion.)

The drum rolled and was swarmed by goblins who seemed busy bristling to defend it with pointed spears and their bodies. Others seemed to be inflicting deep wounds on themselves and shedding their own life blood over the surface of the surrounded drum. Goblins down below bellowed and roared further as magical energies were felt being pulled and harnessed. Kromlin would feel himself experience three attempts on his life in quick worrying succession all emanating from the nearby goblin Elders.

(Exsanguinate - Fail
Exsanguinate - Fail

Exsanguinate - Success!)

Kromlin Spell Resist Success - Gain Skill - Spell resistance [I

Two more Goblin Elders invoked something else and the wind was felt to change subtly in a wide radius around Kromlin. Numerous Bob cats rushed forward racing beneath the dragon. Goblins wielding throwing spears fanned out further and aimed towards the only target to currently face them, poised for if Kromlin came into range for some reason.


Ophirina

Scenario Started - In Search of Spring.

“Of course silly friend, you are a Dragon you can learn it, and I am offering! All you need do is go out and bring back three things that you feel represent Spring.” The Dryad smiled and clapped her hands once more as if they were now entering into an entertaining game.
Ophirina
 player, 162 posts
 Vitality
 8/10
Wed 8 Jun 2016
at 17:53
Re: Expanding Horizons
Status:
Vitality: 8/10
Breath Exhaustion


Ophirina turned slowly glancing back to the forest in though, "Three things that represent spring. Hrm, an interesting request. I shall return, hopefully shortly." Laughing to herself lightly the wyrmling turned to the forest to slip back from the glade, two concepts, one particularly amusing, flitted through her mind. The third thing would be the more challenging but she would endeavour to return with what was requested.

Departing from the Glade, she would begin moving through the forest, perhaps moving beyond to the plains if need be in search of the first thing... a spring time flower...

This message was last edited by the player at 17:54, Wed 08 June 2016.

Kromlin
 player, 198 posts
 Polymorph Exhaustion
 Pheme Exhaustion
Wed 8 Jun 2016
at 23:28
Re: Expanding Horizons
Status: Pheme, Polymorph Exhaustion

All right. Kromlin had not expected the drum to go about rolling amidst the goblin army as he quickly moved about in the air above, he has to avoid staying in one place to get out of the way of whatever the goblin elders had in mind for him. Especially after feeling the light, prickly sensation against his scales. He still wanted to snatch the runaway drum, and contemplated if a dive combined with an attempt to unleash his powerful wind breath would clear a path.

Sigh... Nothing ventured, nothing gained... Kromlin thought as he proceeded with a diving swoop for the drum. Once he comes into the range of the spears, however, he proceeded to unleash his powerful wind breath in an attempt to open a path and send the goblin army into further disarray. He has to be quick and precise with this one - if he missed this chance at grabbing the drum, he would have to quickly climb up and think of another approach, preferably somewhere away from the Rattus stronghold to maybe stall them.
Tyrin
 player, 186 posts
Wed 8 Jun 2016
at 23:40
Re: Expanding Horizons
Tyrin was glad to see that his body possessed an innate resistance to magic, he would have to hone that power well in the future. In the moment, however, he had only one objective and that was to kill the Goblin Elder. Countering his spell with a gout of his fire breath he hoped to incinerate the Elder like the would be assassin but he remembered they agility and prepared himself to move out of the way of its counter.