Expanding Horizons.   Posted by Narrator.Group: 0
Narrator
 GM, 54 posts
Wed 30 Dec 2015
at 06:31
Expanding Horizons



From the skies above the Cavern the entire island could be witnessed. To the immediate North could be seen the [Forest Below.] Which seemed to teem with life yet to be explored. The forest canopy sheltering many woodland going creatures, from the gaze of predators above.

To the east of that could be seen a fast flowing river that came from somewhere within [The Cavern.] The river moved between two hills both of which were crowned by rich forest. Forming a natural [River Valley.] The river continued on to the east through some simple grass [Plains.] To the north of which was a [little rock] formation. Like a mini mountain that was honeycombed with caverns. A short distance from them were strange [Barrows], that formed Small hill like structures. Nearby to the barrows was the [Eastern Forest.]

To the immediate south of the cavern was a desolate landscape, creating an [Ashen Forest] made up of blackened trees. The area home to the [Lava Flows]. The lava of which streamed from the cavern making its way to the sea, which steamed in response as lava and cold ocean collided.

There were other sites as well that implied civilisation had once been here. An entire [Ruined castle] visible dotting the landscape. Complete with moat and drawbridge. South of that were what looked like abandoned [Rotten docks.] Close by was a large area of land that had likely been some sort of now [Dead Town.] Much of it was weathered and overgrown but a singular church seemed to rise above the sprawl of streets. Lastly far to southeast were the remnants of a [Broken lighthouse].
Ophirina
 player, 29 posts
Wed 30 Dec 2015
at 11:56
Expanding Horizons
Banking on the wind Ophirinia took in the landscape with interest, for the moment she was content with just practicing her flying. The shaky take off revealed a much needed improvement in that area so for now she simply took wink letting her gaze sweep over the landscape below. As for a direction? She'd head east across the Forest Below going so far as the Plains for now...
Narrator
 GM, 57 posts
Wed 30 Dec 2015
at 17:09
Expanding Horizons
Ophirina

The sky seemed to hold an array of possibilities, distant landscapes beyond the island existed. But they were far away across a vast sea. The forest foliage below kept its secrets as little but green canopy could be seen. Startled birds shot into the sky and fanned out amid worried cries.  A group of monkeys perched in the canopy let out their own shrieks and vanished beneath the greenery. Herd animals like buffalo could be seen grazing in the distance with their young close by. Wild horses broke into a full on gallop across the plains in the opposite direction. Moving together as one, guarding their foals as they did so. Deer also bounded away scattering together then forming up protectively on their young.

Staying aloft and simply circling overhead was good but tiring practice. Movements became a little less clumsy, wing motions became more efficient. But even still Ophirina’s capacity for flight was still that of a clumsy wyrmling fresh from the nest. At least she remained just about airborne. But it certainly wasn’t graceful. (Gain Flight + III )
Ophirina
 player, 30 posts
Wed 30 Dec 2015
at 17:27
Expanding Horizons
Looking around she began circling lower, between the tiredness and a growing hunger it was time to see if she could find some nourishment. Aiming for a clear spot just beyond the forest she'd make her attempt at landing before skulking into the forest to see if anything could be found to eat...
Narrator
 GM, 59 posts
Thu 31 Dec 2015
at 12:42
Expanding Horizons
Ophirina

The landing is less than graceful but it is a landing that can be walked away from unharmed. The forest is thick with undergrowth and the canopies above create pools of shadow to skulk in. Terrified critters look out from their hidey holes and then vanish without a trace.

Question: How do you go about hunting? Do you want to rush prey? Do you instead hide  and ambush prey? How do you envision Ophirina engaging in her first hunt?
Ophirina
 player, 31 posts
Thu 31 Dec 2015
at 13:54
Expanding Horizons
Once on the ground Ophirinia would slink into the forest sniffing at the air and the ground she began looking for scents that might lead to worthy prey with her bodily make up chasing down prey who were built for running across the ground would be extremely unlikely thus she would head amongst the denser foilage using the greenery to hide herself in order to ambush prey. Still she kept the mind link in an 'open' state. If anything was intelligent enough to respond to it perhaps it would be worth conversing with or studying before pouncing on...