(IC) The Quest Begins!   Posted by Dungeon Master.Group: 0
Zin'sim'sal Yellowscale
 Kobold Sorceror, 12 posts
 What are you even doing?
 My very best, thats what!
Mon 23 Nov 2020
at 03:27
(IC) The Quest Begins!
"I'm good to go whenever, I don't really have anything to do but traveling, so traveling to help some folks is a step up from my usual aimless wandering. You never know what kind of interaction or event experiencing will make the dragonblood bubble up and get stronger." She shrugs her shoulders, thick tail swaying behind her like some cross between a cat and a crocodile.
Halie Delmenn
 Human Ranger, 17 posts
Mon 23 Nov 2020
at 07:06
(IC) The Quest Begins!
I have my own trusty steed, Halie said with a bow of her head. Peto would be so sore with her if she were to leave him behind and take another, inferior breed. She chuckled softly thinking of the temperamental beast who, at times, seemed a little too over protective of her.
Dungeon Master
 GM, 640 posts
Sat 28 Nov 2020
at 01:49
(IC) The Quest Begins!
"Enjoy the festivities for the night. Enjoy yourself." The queen goes to gently place a token to each of them "These will provide most of what you need tonight-be it food, ale or wine. Just for the night. You will be given them free." The king, goes to gently place a hand over their shoulders, smiling "Go on now. Come morning, you will be provided with what you need. And my friend do not let the dragonblood get the better of you alright? I have known several people who have it." The man smiles and leans back. The queen leans forwards and looks at Halie "Sell what you can. Anything not sold I will personally buy, you have my word. You two should bond. It will be a long journey."
Zin'sim'sal Yellowscale
 Kobold Sorceror, 15 posts
 What are you even doing?
 My very best, thats what!
Sat 28 Nov 2020
at 17:32
(IC) The Quest Begins!
"It's ok! I don't think my dragon-blood is the evil kind... probably why I am this color, it mostly just makes me hungry all the time." She pauses for a moment, and then smiles, a broad, fanged grin that comes off as almost innocent, or at the very least playfully full of mirth. "Maybe I'll get lucky and some day all of this food will make me actually get bigger instead of just giving me watermelon-crushing thighs." She's always been mildly frustrated by her diminutive stature, not because of any kind of inferiority but simply because it makes it harder to reach things... and it makes her travel slower to boot. "I'll have to trouble you for a horse to keep up with everyone else, on that note... I'm not terribly good at riding but I'm sure I'll figure out how to fake it at some point along the way!"
Halie Delmenn
 Human Ranger, 19 posts
Sun 6 Dec 2020
at 21:42
(IC) The Quest Begins!
Halie merely nodded to the Queen, a soft smile on her lips as she pocketed the token. With a bit of a sigh, she turned to head back to her cart, figuring that they could start to get to know each other when she was done with her work. Hazel eyes darted around, taking in the people that milled about.
Dungeon Master
 GM, 642 posts
Sat 12 Dec 2020
at 22:38
(IC) The Quest Begins!
The night passes and everyone seems to enjoy the night. A queens guard after the night comes to a end motions to two rooms in a small in all payed for by the Queen. They are given anything they wish.

Come morning, they are escorted out to the stables. A covered wagon with two horses are set for them and a small ram is brought in for the kobold. The wagon has enough food for a weeks worth. Halie is informed by the Queen that her cart and all within it has been purchesed and the money sent to her father plus a bit more.

Sitting on the wagon crosslegged is the odd bum. He doesn't look up, hiding his face and the guards pay him little attention.

The kobold and huma are told to head north along the road and keep following it. They are provided some information but the exact location is unknown just to head north. A map is provided but to shows mountain to the far north with a road leading towards it but it stops.
Halie Delmenn
 Human Ranger, 20 posts
Sun 13 Dec 2020
at 06:06
(IC) The Quest Begins!
Halie had moved to retrieve Peto, her horse and guided him to the cart. Seeing the other two horses gave her pause and she looked to the kobold. "Who...is going to drive the cart?"
Zin'sim'sal Yellowscale
 Kobold Sorceror, 16 posts
 What are you even doing?
 My very best, thats what!
Sun 13 Dec 2020
at 08:07
(IC) The Quest Begins!
"I... do not know. Perhaps they have someone to drive the wagon themselves? It didn't seem like they were intending for us to do it" She frowned as best someone with a snout can, and rubbed her chin thoughtfully, checking out the ram they'd provided for her, she'd never seen a riding-trained ovid before, and the idea was kind of neat to her.
Dungeon Master
 GM, 643 posts
Sat 19 Dec 2020
at 23:46
(IC) The Quest Begins!
The bum who is sitting at the drivers seat watches the two of the talk about who will take the lead and sit up front who is holding the reigns. He doesn't intervene, watching. The bum gets the horses moving slightly.

Peto glances around, stomping the ground. And the ram gets ready to be rode but when the kobold gets onto it, it bucks around and gets the lass to fall to the ground in a heap.

A chuckle comes from the bum as he looks down over the side at the fallen kobold.
Halie Delmenn
 Human Ranger, 21 posts
Sat 26 Dec 2020
at 04:44
(IC) The Quest Begins!
"Well I suppose that answers that...who are you?" she asked, giving the bum a suspicious look before mounting up with a well practiced ease. Being in the saddle was second nature and sometimes, a preferred.
Zin'sim'sal Yellowscale
 Kobold Sorceror, 17 posts
 What are you even doing?
 My very best, thats what!
Thu 31 Dec 2020
at 19:55
(IC) The Quest Begins!
The kobold grumbles and is deeply tempted to bite the ram on the face to establish dominance in a primal way, but gets up and brushes herself off instead, struggling not to bare her fangs in a snarl but working them up into an effort-intensive smile instead before she mounts up the creature more carefully.
Dreamljocht
 Elf Cleric, 2 posts
Fri 8 Jan 2021
at 11:04
(IC) The Quest Begins!
The door to the stables opens and a newcomer enters. A tall and lean elf in the colours and with the holy symbol of a priest of Sarenrae. His blond hair and blue eyes matches quite well with  the blue and white gear. At his belt hangs a scimitar and over his shoulder a good longbow. With a friendly smile he turns to the persons near the wagon: "I was told I could find here the company that will travel to Wintermist. I like to join you in your quest, if you would have me. My name is Dreamljocht."
Sam Cascious
 Tiefling Rogue, 4 posts
Wed 13 Jan 2021
at 20:30
(IC) The Quest Begins!
"Cas." The bum looks down at the ranger, wiping some dirt from his chin. He shifts in his seat upon the wagon, holding the stirrups. The eyes then meet the cleric. Sam watches him for a moment and shrugs.
Dreamljocht
 Elf Cleric, 3 posts
Wed 13 Jan 2021
at 23:42
(IC) The Quest Begins!
"Hello Cas," answers the cleric, meeting the eyes of the driver and noticing his shrug. As he usually tries not to leasn on a first impression, he is only curious right now abot the driver.
Zin'sim'sal Yellowscale
 Kobold Sorceror, 18 posts
 What are you even doing?
 My very best, thats what!
Wed 13 Jan 2021
at 23:53
(IC) The Quest Begins!
"That is... a mouthful. I'm Zin'sim'sal but everybody calls me Zin because that takes too long to say in a fight." Is that the sort of name an Elf has? She wouldn't know, but it was certainly a curious thing nonetheless. She looked over the newcomer for a moment, then turned her attention back to the road they were about to travel.
Dreamljocht
 Elf Cleric, 4 posts
Thu 14 Jan 2021
at 12:38
(IC) The Quest Begins!
"When in a fight I listen to 'Dream' too, or even to 'elf' if the need is there."
Interesting companionship, he thinks, but once again he waits for a more definite opinion till his companions have shown their colors: no one can be judged by his race alone.
Halie Delmenn
 Human Ranger, 22 posts
Fri 15 Jan 2021
at 14:37
(IC) The Quest Begins!
"Well met Dream...and Cas...Halie Delmenn and this is Peto. He's combat trained so...if he bites..." she gave a shrug. Reaching up, she tucked a copper colored lock back behind her ear as she regarded this strange group. "Well...does everyone have everything they need?"
Dreamljocht
 Elf Cleric, 5 posts
Fri 15 Jan 2021
at 16:48
(IC) The Quest Begins!
"Hello Halie, and Peto. I have all I need. I'm used to travel light and on foot, so this looks like a luxury ride." The elf walks up to the wagon, throwing his meager possessions in the back, but keeping his bow over his shoulder. "I have learned to keep my weapons at hand whereever I go.It's much harder to replace a very good longbow or scimitar than ones common gear," he explains, unasked.

This message was last edited by the player at 17:14, Fri 15 Jan.

Halie Delmenn
 Human Ranger, 23 posts
Sat 16 Jan 2021
at 04:48
(IC) The Quest Begins!
"That is a hard lesson to learn I suppose...I was always taught to keep them at my side...but then again, such is the way of a hunter and trapper." She gave a small shrug and once everyone gave the indication that they were ready, Halie would lead the team out of the stables and mount up.
Zin'sim'sal Yellowscale
 Kobold Sorceror, 19 posts
 What are you even doing?
 My very best, thats what!
Sat 16 Jan 2021
at 09:05
(IC) The Quest Begins!
"Claws and teeth are harder to lose, but I do always keep my tail-spike on hand in case it's gonna be one of those kind of days." She gestures forward toward nothing in particular, indicating she's perfectly ready to go as well.
Dreamljocht
 Elf Cleric, 6 posts
Fri 22 Jan 2021
at 23:28
(IC) The Quest Begins!
Let's go, we'll see what this adventure will bring us." and Dreamljocht falls in step with his newfound companions. He is curious what the future will bring, and sends a silent prayer to his goddess for guidance.
Dungeon Master
 GM, 647 posts
Mon 1 Feb 2021
at 00:39
(IC) The Quest Begins!
Silence comes from the bum leading the wagon. Cas stares at each of them, but not a typical look. Perhaps of curiousity. Maybe sizing them up. Hard to tell. He grips the reins, whistles and they start to head out of the stables followed by the sorceror and ranger. The cleric is offered a ride as he has no mount next to the rogue.

Soon they are outside the gates, leading them along a well used road to the north. Sam just goes back to staring out front silently.
Dreamljocht
 Elf Cleric, 7 posts
Mon 1 Feb 2021
at 22:13
(IC) The Quest Begins!
Dreamljocht climbs the wagon and takes his place next to Cas. When they are on their way on the road north, he asks first Cas: "Have you been up north before, or is the region new for you too?"

When they have their first stop on the road, he asks Halie and Zin the same question, adding: "I hail more from the south, this region is new for me and I like to learn a bit before we reach our goal."
Halie Delmenn
 Human Ranger, 24 posts
Wed 3 Feb 2021
at 00:19
(IC) The Quest Begins!
When they had finally came to a stop, Halie checked Peto over before moving to the others. If a fire was in need...she would set about lighting one. "I've never been myself..." she answered honestly, glancing up to the elf. "I am just a hunter/trapper though so that should help with our survival."
Zin'sim'sal Yellowscale
 Kobold Sorceror, 20 posts
 What are you even doing?
 My very best, thats what!
Wed 3 Feb 2021
at 22:17
(IC) The Quest Begins!
"I can't say as I have, I've travelled a lot, but never this far in this direction. I'm looking forward to the experience, even if I wager I will wish my natural resistances were more toward cold than heat before long." She shrugs her shoulders, baring her tiny dragon-fangs in a broad smile. "But hey, it'll be something new, and that's the whole reason to travel."