(IC) The Quest Begins!   Posted by Dungeon Master.Group: 0
Halie Delmenn
 Human Ranger, 31 posts
Fri 23 Apr 2021
at 05:50
(IC) The Quest Begins!
She raised a brow but didn't go any further with the conversation. Instead, she looked to Dream. "I'd like to carry one of the potions just in case you are unable to get to me and I am wounded. As to our party...well, not everyone has the stomach to be an adventurer so...I suppose it is what it is. Just don't go picking a fight with everyone." There was some mirth in her tone but otherwise, the small group didn't seem to bother her too much. Solitude had been something like an old friend to her. She took the arrows from Sam with a nod of thanks and placed them into her hip quiver.

This message was last edited by the player at 05:51, Fri 23 Apr.

Dungeon Master
 GM, 681 posts
Sat 24 Apr 2021
at 23:04
(IC) The Quest Begins!
After the exchange of Sam and Haile, perhaps the exchange of the cleric as well Sam nudges the horses forwards after retaking his spot and everyone is ready to go. Sam makes sure all the bodies are removed with the help of the others probably. They slowly start to move forwards as someone approaches! The tielfling curses, still in his human bum guise and stops. His eyes narrow as what appears to be a corgi comes racing up to them with a armed creature upon it! It seems the king has sent someone else. Or its a goblin in disguise with a worg!

OOC
In walks the halfling....

Dreamljocht
 Elf Cleric, 20 posts
Sun 25 Apr 2021
at 09:45
(IC) The Quest Begins!
On Halie's request Dreamljocht hands her one of the healing potions. He assists Sam with the removal of the dead, wishing them peace in their afterlife.

On the sound of an approching animal he turns and looks at the upcoming mount and rider.
Jemimwitt Haethy
 Halfling Cavalier, 4 posts
Sun 25 Apr 2021
at 15:10
(IC) The Quest Begins!
The halfling took on the scene and smiled,  seeing no malice in the adventurers. He kept his hands well away from his many weapons, including a halfling war staff and a sling. Though he did carry a shield.

"Hail, travelers.

My steed detected signs of battle and was most adamant we investigate, and of course

I'm happy to offer assistance, but it looks like you are in little need of that. Good job!

I am Sir Jemimwitt Haethy, Order of The Sword, at your service. This is my loyal steed, Muffins."


The dire corgi wagged its bushy tail at mention of it's own name. It still wasn't sure what to think of the adventuerers yet, and was clearly smelling the goblin blood.

This message was last edited by the player at 15:14, Sun 25 Apr.

Sam Cascious
 Tiefling Rogue, 7 posts
Wed 28 Apr 2021
at 13:35
(IC) The Quest Begins!
The tielfling watches the halfling talk. And talk. And it keeps talking. His eyes narrow, and he coughs a few times, wiping his mouth with his sleeve. The bum, looks over at the mount. Muffins? He just stares at the halfling, perhaps sizing him up. Or downsizing him! No malice? Is he serious? Sam is full of malice. Well sort of. No. He's not.
Dreamljocht
 Elf Cleric, 22 posts
Wed 28 Apr 2021
at 19:22
(IC) The Quest Begins!
Dreamljocht eyes the newcomer with some curiosity. This would be an interesting addition to their small companionship. "Order of the sword, no less," he says. "To which lord or lady have you sworn your service? The same who have sent us on this quest?"
He extends his hand to welcome the newcomer with a firm handshake. "Dreamljocht is my name, and as you can probably see, I'm a cleric of Sarenrae."
Jemimwitt Haethy
 Halfling Cavalier, 5 posts
Wed 28 Apr 2021
at 21:29
(IC) The Quest Begins!
Muffins cocked it's head and looked at Sam curiously, trying to figure him out.

Haethy's smile became warmer at the mention that Dreamljocht was a cleric of Sarenrae. He'd been looking more for marital threats than holy symbols, so he hadn't noticed.

"A pleasure, Dreamljocht. I hope I don't need your services, but I'm certainly glad to have the company of a cleric.

I enjoy life on the road a bit too much for that. I'm a knight errant. Squired and knighted by Sir Randy the Warden.

If the cause is just and you need a lance, I, of course, will assist you.






(OOC Swapping to a text color other people aren't using.)
*

Halie Delmenn
 Human Ranger, 32 posts
Sat 1 May 2021
at 05:04
(IC) The Quest Begins!
Halie looked between to the two holy people and then glanced back to Sam. At least it was more bodies to help protect. "Right...well let us be on our way..." she said flatly, having hoped to be a bit further in their travels but the fight did not help.
Dungeon Master
 GM, 686 posts
Thu 6 May 2021
at 23:22
(IC) The Quest Begins!
The rogue stares at the ranger, eyes narrowed but he then turns towards the horses and gets them started. He glances at the cavalier, perhaps not trusting him course he doesn't seem to trust anyone least for now.

With everyone ready to go, the cart starts to move. Nothing happens for quite some time. The dog doesn't pick up on anything and everyone seems relatively calm and collected. Soon night begins to fall and further up another path unfolds but this one doesn't seem to be used often and there's enough room for the horses and cart to sit and rest. Sam stops the horses and points at the junction "Should rest there. Check the path tonight or tommorow. Agree?"
Jemimwitt Haethy
 Halfling Cavalier, 6 posts
Thu 6 May 2021
at 23:30
(IC) The Quest Begins!
"Sounds good to me!"

He and Muffins examined the camp a bit, Muffins sniffing here and there and Jemimwitt examining spoor for any likely signs of nearby predators (be they beast or malevolent).

16:51, Today: Jemimwitt Haethy rolled 5 using 1d20+4 ((1)).

This message was last edited by the player at 23:52, Thu 06 May.

Dungeon Master
 GM, 689 posts
Fri 14 May 2021
at 13:23
(IC) The Quest Begins!
With the wagon in the center as well as the horses being watered and fed, its a quiet night. Sam sits on the wagon, looking out over the area. He is silent as he looks around, eyes narrowed as if expecting danger. His body shifts slightly, the bum looking drab and grey. He glances down at the others. The corgi and cavalier start to patrol the area but remain close. It starts to get colder but not unbearable.

OOC
Need a Perception check other then the cavalier if looking around.

Dreamljocht
 Elf Cleric, 23 posts
Fri 14 May 2021
at 16:48
(IC) The Quest Begins!
When the companions are sttled on their spot for the night, Dreamljocht walks around the perimeter of tghe camp. Usually it would have been the first thing to do , but he had seen Jemimwith and his companion doing it already, so he takes his time.
He walks for some minutes in an ever widening spiral path around the site, before he joins his companions again, starting to make a meal for all.After the meal he sits on the spot where his gear is, to meditate for some time.

Dreamljocht rolled 10 using 1d20+6. Perception.
Dungeon Master
 GM, 690 posts
Fri 14 May 2021
at 17:14
(IC) The Quest Begins!
The rogue stares out into the wilderness as if he sees something. His eyes narrow and he drops down near the group.

"...I feel we are being watched." He whispers.

The dog stares to growl with the halfling upon his back out in the woods.

13:11, Today: Sam Cascious rolled 24 using 1d20+9.  Perception.
Jemimwitt Haethy
 Halfling Cavalier, 7 posts
Fri 14 May 2021
at 17:31
(IC) The Quest Begins!
"Muffins is rarely wrong about this sort of thing, take heed, comrades."

Jeimimwitt readied his lance, and prepared to spur his mount to rush. This was the sort of terrain that Muffins had been bred for: the fey curr could ride low, below most branches and brambles.

"Come and speak openly as a friend, or be marked as a foe!

His eyes gazed out towards where Muffins seemed to be indicating the danger.
Barae
 Half-Orc Witch, 2 posts
Fri 14 May 2021
at 18:42
(IC) The Quest Begins!
Out of the darkness a rises a figure who slowly but steadily walks into the flickering light of the camp fire. First impression is likely that of an orc, but closer examination reveals a more mixed origin; a half-orc. The figure is dressed in a thick winter-cloak, though loosely worn, and he holds a short spear as if it were a walking staff.

The half-orc's skin is marred by thick scarring and decorated by intricate tribal-like tattoos, and a grotesque mask is worn on a thin chain around his neck.

"I mean no harm", the figure states in common as he reveals himself, his accent harsh, reminiscent of that of an orc. "You have encountered a group of goblins I presume?", while stated as a question, the tone is more that of a statement, "Did any survive and flee?".
Dreamljocht
 Elf Cleric, 24 posts
Mon 17 May 2021
at 21:46
(IC) The Quest Begins!
Dreamljocht observes the half-orc when he enters the clearing. As he tries not to act with the same prejudice he knows half-orcs encounter almost everywhere, he waits for a opinion till his words and deeds tell more about the newcomer.
"Yes, we encountered a group of goblins. Not one survived the skirmish and got a chance to flee. We had only minor wounds ourselves. Are you following their tracks?"
Barae
 Half-Orc Witch, 4 posts
Tue 18 May 2021
at 14:20
(IC) The Quest Begins!
The half-orc nods once, then silently looks around the group for a moment. "Yes", Barae states simply, adding, "I was following them to their lair". "They are a plaque on these lands", then continuing with a sneer, "Worse, they burned my house and ate my dog."

He looks around the group once more, "A pity they all died,", he says without a shred of sorrow in his voice, "It makes locating their lair more troublesome." "Then again,", the half-orc adds with a shrug, "it does show that you are capable..."

Finally, with a mischievous grin, Barae asks the group, "Care to do these lands a favour and make these goblins scarce?"

This message was last edited by the player at 15:08, Tue 18 May.

Jemimwitt Haethy
 Halfling Cavalier, 8 posts
Tue 18 May 2021
at 14:55
(IC) The Quest Begins!
Jemimwitt had been silent during the brief conversation, though he'd relaxed his grip on his lance and had faced his lance and mount away from the newcomer once parlay had begun, preferring to let the others speak for now since he was a newcomer to the group.

But the mention of eating the newcomer's dog brought obvious shock and anger to his face, and Muffins responded to Jemimwitt's sudden anger with an unpleasant snarl.

"Such hideous acts against noble beasts deserve just and swift retribution."

He caught himself after a moment. Anger was not helpful at the moment, however justified. But he certainly felt empathy towards the man.

Not to mention the destruction of your home. I'm sorry for your loss.
I am Sir Jemimwitt Haethy, Order of The Sword, at your service.
This is my loyal steed, Muffins."


He gave the best bow he could from the saddle.
Barae
 Half-Orc Witch, 5 posts
Thu 20 May 2021
at 12:17
(IC) The Quest Begins!
Barae returns the bow with a small dip of his head. Then the half-orc looks about the rest of the group, as if to ask for their ideas on the matter.
Sam Cascious
 Tiefling Rogue, 8 posts
Fri 21 May 2021
at 13:23
(IC) The Quest Begins!
The rogue glances at the ranger to see what her intake on what has happened is. He stands there, arms crossed as he watches the half-orc. Not sure if he trusts him, he leans against the wagon "We have a mission, one that Jemimwitt must have forgotten." The bum pushes off the wagon. Muffins. Seriously? He spits onto the ground "Take one down, two emerge." The rogue watches Barae "We have a tracker but we have a mission. I don't speak for them."
Dreamljocht
 Elf Cleric, 27 posts
Fri 21 May 2021
at 17:17
(IC) The Quest Begins!
"We're on a mission for the king. Otherwise we could have followed their tracks to their lair. Then it seemed not important, not knowing what we hear now. But I question the extinction of this group of goblins is important enough for us to stray from our quest". Dreamljocht thinks a moment and adds: "But I'm sorry for your loss. As you live in these woods: can you tell us more about the dangers we can expect allong our way?"
Jemimwitt Haethy
 Halfling Cavalier, 9 posts
Fri 21 May 2021
at 18:23
Re: (IC) The Quest Begins!
Sam Cascious:
"We have a mission, one that Jemimwitt must have forgotten."


Jemimwitt felt the need to speak up.


"I do not mean to be rude, but a distinction should be made.

What I said holds fast: the goblins are in need of swift retribution and justice for such a crime. I never said I was going to charging off.


He totally would have though if he was on his own.

Of course, he wasn't sworn to and particular oath. He'd just agreed to help these people on the road because they said they were on an importnat quest. He didn't even know what the quest was.

"The path of the honorable knight can be strange." Thought Jemimwitt as he considered briefly.

He looked over sadly at Barae and gave him a look of empathy.

"I am very sorry. Were this not an important mission, I'd happily help you seek justice immediately."

This message was last edited by the player at 18:26, Fri 21 May.

Sam Cascious
 Tiefling Rogue, 9 posts
Fri 21 May 2021
at 19:04
Re: (IC) The Quest Begins!
The rogue doesn't seem impressed by the cavalier "I never said you were rude, I stated we have a mission. I know what was said." He watches Jem and sits down by the fire warming his hands. His eyes dart between the witch and cavalier, trying to figure them out. He places his palms to his face blowing on them and leans in further for the fire "Sit." He doesn't state that to anyone.
Dungeon Master
 GM, 697 posts
Sat 22 May 2021
at 06:39
Re: (IC) The Quest Begins!
Time passes. Barae is invited the spend the night with the group as he probably feels safer with the group. Everyone is fed and given water. The group is place near the fire, and things seem to be relaxed. Sam waters the horses but they seem skittish. Soon everyone seems to relax. Sam sits against the wagon for a moment as everyone sleeps and then moves around the campsite.
Dreamljocht
 Elf Cleric, 28 posts
Sat 22 May 2021
at 08:21
Re: (IC) The Quest Begins!
While they are doing their camp chores, Dreamljocht offers to take second watch.