(IC) The Quest Begins!   Posted by Dungeon Master.Group: 0
Dreamljocht
 Elf Cleric, 102 posts
 HP 38/41; Init +4; AC 17
 Fort 5; Will 4; Reflex 7
Thu 28 Oct 2021
at 22:45
Re: (IC) The Quest Begins!
"Dead, but no sign of outside wounds. I don't know what killed him. But Jem would not let his companion and mount lay here on the road without any care. I fear for more trouble for the halfling." Stil kneeling, Dreamljocht scans the surrounding countryside fo a sign of the halfling.
Halie Delmenn
 Human Ranger, 74 posts
Sun 31 Oct 2021
at 05:07
Re: (IC) The Quest Begins!
Halie let out a soft sigh. "Probably a lot of trouble...be on guard..." Her voice was low, eyes scanning the immediate area for any signs of danger.
Dreamljocht
 Elf Cleric, 103 posts
 HP 38/41; Init +4; AC 17
 Fort 5; Will 4; Reflex 7
Wed 3 Nov 2021
at 23:31
Re: (IC) The Quest Begins!
Dreamljocht stands besides the dog. He starts walking in a spiral pattern around the dead animal, looking for tracks or any sign of the living or dead halfling. His weapon in his hand and all his senses on high alert for signs of trouble.
Dungeon Master
 GM, 907 posts
Thu 4 Nov 2021
at 15:13
Re: (IC) The Quest Begins!
There seems to be no sign of the halfling or aasimar. But there are tracks, two sets heading into the forest. Getting the wagon through would be pretty tough but could be left on the side of the road. Sam stares at the dead dog and glances at the others "As much as I don't want to follow the tracks, we will. Save them and what then? Have them turn on me all over again for defending the cub against someone we just -met-?" Sam lets it out. He glances at the cleric and wants to say something to him but stops and turns as he sees the sorcerer "There's no dwarves here so you can come out." Wise guy.
Filivum Springwing
 Halfling Sorcerer, 18 posts
 HP: 35/35, Ini: +3, AC:14
 Fort +2, Ref +4, Will +6
Thu 4 Nov 2021
at 17:01
Re: (IC) The Quest Begins!
"Am NOT hiding" Filvum calls out.

He walks up to Sam, and studies the tracks
Dreamljocht
 Elf Cleric, 104 posts
 HP 38/41; Init +4; AC 17
 Fort 5; Will 4; Reflex 7
Fri 5 Nov 2021
at 22:51
Re: (IC) The Quest Begins!
Dreamljocht feels Sam frustration bristling in the air. "I can't let them be in mortal danger without a try to rescue them, even if they are not our companions anymore. But if we meet again, what I hope, I 'll stand for you, Sam, so there will be no name calling or abuse between them and you."
Dreamljocht extends his searching pattern.

[OOC: Pardon my English]

This message was last edited by the player at 00:04, Sat 06 Nov.

Sam Cascious
 Tiefling Rogue, 28 posts
 HP 40/40, Init +3; AC 18
 Fort 1; Will 3; Reflex 9
Fri 5 Nov 2021
at 23:13
Re: (IC) The Quest Begins!
"And it will start over again. You will take their side for some unknown reason. I will help of course but if we find them and I sense even a hint I will not hold back. You stand there willing to let them kill a cub and attempt to push me out of the group because its right? Is that what you wanted?" The rogue lets him have it. He is definatly not holding back "Stand for me like you did before? When? I saw no signs of it. They wanted to use me. Now they need me. Ironic." He finally relaxes "She threatened a cub and threatened to burn me. Doesn't that go against your code? And the cavalier turned." His voice is serious but he calms down and takes a deep breath and glances at the sorceror "There's no dwarf. Your safe." Perhaps some witty banter between Sam and Fili? Hard to tell where he stands but the halfling seems amusing. He seems to tense up as the ranger gets close and finally chills out. Something about her....
Dreamljocht
 Elf Cleric, 105 posts
 HP 38/41; Init +4; AC 17
 Fort 5; Will 4; Reflex 7
Sat 6 Nov 2021
at 23:35
Re: (IC) The Quest Begins!
Passing Sam in his patterned walk, Dreamljocht stops a moment and looks Sam in his eyes: "Sam, you have been a very loyal companion, something I can't say about the missing men. I promise I'll stand with you if the need arises again." After these words he continues his search.
Halie Delmenn
 Human Ranger, 75 posts
Tue 9 Nov 2021
at 03:31
Re: (IC) The Quest Begins!
Halie Looked between Dream and Sam though she hovered a little closer to Sam, more to try and calm him if anything. The cubling wriggled about a bit but she reached down and gently pet its head.
Dungeon Master
 GM, 908 posts
Tue 9 Nov 2021
at 18:17
Re: (IC) The Quest Begins!
"I don't want to hear it." Right to the point. Sam glances around and back at the halfling for a moment. When everyone is set, Haile leads the way as the group follows the tracks into the woodlands. And more blood becomes visible on the trees the ground..all over. But whos bleeding or dying? As they keep moving, they find a foot covered in blood and torn from its owner. Soon they find another foot, then both arms and hands and lying against the tree is Dove. No arms, no legs. Her mouth is ripped off. Coming out of the woods are two large creatures. One of them drops something and throws it at the group. It barely misses Sam and as he turns, its the cavalier. Both of them howl and growl.

OOC
Initiative!

Also make a Knowledge (Nature) check to figure out what these creatures are.

Filivum Springwing
 Halfling Sorcerer, 19 posts
 HP: 35/35, Ini: +3, AC:14
 Fort +2, Ref +4, Will +6
Tue 9 Nov 2021
at 19:15
Re: (IC) The Quest Begins!
Filivum's stomach churned as they found the gruesome pieces, and came face to face with the creatures, but he was resolute to fend them off.

OOC: Filivum Springwing rolled 9 using 1d20+3 ((6)).

Dreamljocht
 Elf Cleric, 106 posts
 HP 38/41; Init +4; AC 17
 Fort 5; Will 4; Reflex 7
Wed 10 Nov 2021
at 18:04
Re: (IC) The Quest Begins!
FInding the gruesome remnantys of Dove chills Dreamljocht  blood in his veins. He fears for the halfling and readies his waepon
As the creatures come fore out of the woods, he immediately takes his holy symbol in his hand and cast Prayer on himself and his companions.

OOC: Prayer: You bring special favor upon yourself and your allies while bringing disfavor to your enemies. You and each of your allies gain a +1 luck bonus on attack rolls, weapon damage rolls, saves, and skill checks, while each of your foes takes a -1 penalty on such rolls.

Dreamljocht rolled 19 using 1d20+4. Initiative.
Dreamljocht rolled 20 using 1d20+1.  Knowledge Nature (+1 from Prayer).

Halie Delmenn
 Human Ranger, 76 posts
Fri 12 Nov 2021
at 01:44
Re: (IC) The Quest Begins!
Halie frowned deeply at Sam's reaction when Dream was telling him that he would back him up. There was definitely something going on between the two of them but she did not approve of the way he was behaving...it was more like a child throwing a tantrum. With a heavy sigh from her nose, Halie proceeded forward, leading the group. Finding the body parts was a bit disturbing but if it bothered Halie, it did not show. She had long been desensitized to blood and gore and body parts thanks to hunting and having to butcher what she'd catch. Her breath caught in her throat as the two creatures came upon the scene, her bow readied with a nocked arrow.


18:42, Today: Halie Delmenn rolled 7 using 1d20+3.  Initiative.
18:43, Today: Halie Delmenn rolled 14 using 1d20+7.  Knowledge (Nature).

Gnemmiert
 Dwarf Gunslinger, 2 posts
 HP 65/65; Init +4; AC 18
 Fort 7; Reflex 8; Will 5
Sun 14 Nov 2021
at 03:49
Re: (IC) The Quest Begins!
Gnemmiert rode slowly along the road astride his pony. It was a long, uneventful journey so far. Stroking the pony's neck he snorted to himself, "Just as well, eh, Old Boy? Just as well."

As he went along, the dwarf spotted a large shape along the side of the road. As he rode closer, and shape didn't seem to move, Gnem's attention focused. It was a wagon. "Why you think it was just left here at the side of the rode? Guess well find out so keep your eye open."

Slowing as he came along side the wagon Gnem saw the remains of the dog and the mess of tracks around it and the wagon. "Can't tell how many where here..." With a grunt he slid from the saddle, taking a rein in his left hand he walked to the pony to the side of the wagon. "Best you stay here while I have a look around. No you'll be fine. I'll come back now, hush!" Drawing his musket from the saddle holster Gnemmiert walked over to the body of the dog. With a considered "Hmmm," he traced the dominant steps until he found the trail heading off to the woods.

Trudging off along the trail, he went as carefully as his legs and saddle sores could manage. Gnem started to think about turning back, but as the trail turned to gore he pressed on. Just as he came upon what he assumed were the people that made the track he was following, the two great beasts came out the woods. "BLOODY HELLS!" Pulling his musket to his shoulder Gnem shot off a round at the nearer of the two creatures.



OOC: Assuming I'm 40-80' away on this shot.
08:42, Today: Gnemmiert rolled 8 using 1d20+4.  Initiative
22:46, Today: Gnemmiert rolled 18,16 using 1d20+8,1d12+4.  musket shot, welcome.
Edit: added initiative

This message was last edited by the player at 13:44, Sun 14 Nov.

Dungeon Master
 GM, 916 posts
Sun 14 Nov 2021
at 16:44
Re: (IC) The Quest Begins!
Dream casts his spell, watching these strange creatures.
--------------
The creature growls! One of them attacks Sam after chargin, moving 30' towards him. The other charges at Dream same as Sam!

Creature 1 (Sam) Hits for 9 Damage

Creature 2 (Dream) Hits for 9 Damage
-------------
Fili readies himself (40')

Grem enters the fray and fires at one of the creatures, hitting the big beast! (40')

Haile notches a arrow, keeping her distance (40')


OOC
Group is up. Dream does your spell hit Grem as well?

Dream (19) 10' from creature
-Prayer
+1 luck bonus on attack rolls, weapon
damage rolls, saves, and skill checks,
while each of your foes takes a -1
penalty on such rolls
-9 Damage
--------------------------------------
Creatures (12)
-AC 16/14 when charging
-Creature 1 ??/16
-Creature 2 ??/??
--------------------------------------
Fili  (09)
-Prayer

Sam   (08) 10' from creature
-Prayer
-9 Damage

Gnemmiert (08)

Haile (07)
-Prayer

Filivum Springwing
 Halfling Sorcerer, 22 posts
 HP: 35/35, Ini: +3, AC:14
 Fort +2, Ref +4, Will +6
Sun 14 Nov 2021
at 17:41
Re: (IC) The Quest Begins!
These big brutes were terrifying, and Filivum knew that his electric touch could deliver a nasty shock, but he didn't wanna be near them, and was afraid that one hit from them would cause him to be knocked out, so, he pointed at the one that has hit the elven cleric, and shot a blast of lightning at him.

Filivum Springwing rolled 18 using 1d20+5 ((13)) attack (ranged touch)
Filivum Springwing rolled 8 using 1d6+2 ((6)) damage

Gnemmiert
 Dwarf Gunslinger, 3 posts
 HP 65/65; Init +6; AC 19
 Fort 7; Reflex 8; Will 5
Sun 14 Nov 2021
at 18:49
Re: (IC) The Quest Begins!
Emboldened by his shot, Gnem moved closer to the beasts. After about 7 or 8 quick paces, he shouted "LOAD!" and locked back the musket's hammer. Steadying his musket, and his mind, Gnem took a practiced shot at the same beast as before.



OOC:
Move 20' closer
Swift Bandolier load
Deadeye shot

13:47, Today: Gnemmiert rolled 17,13 using 1d20+11,1d12+5.  deadeye shot (touch), Point blank.

Dreamljocht
 Elf Cleric, 107 posts
 HP 29/41; Init +4; AC 17
 Fort 5; Will 4; Reflex 7
Sun 14 Nov 2021
at 20:01
Re: (IC) The Quest Begins!
Dreramljocht takes the wound in stride; he keeps further damage at bay; working the monster with his scimitar and shield. "Those are trolls! In the end we must kill them off with fire or acid!" he shouts to his companions and the new one, who made his entrance with a bang.

He attacks the monster that attacks him.

Dreamljocht rolled 9 using 1d6+5. Possible damage:
Dreamljocht rolled 17 using 1d20+9. Attack with scimitar +1 + prayer

Dungeon Master
 GM, 920 posts
Thu 18 Nov 2021
at 19:48
Re: (IC) The Quest Begins!
The cleric swings his scimitar at the troll, getting close to him. His sword connects, harming him but it starts to seal up!
--------------
Creature 1 (Sam) It goes to sink its claws into Sam's flesh and rip into him.
Sam: Take 23 damage

Creature 2 (Dream) It roars and attacks Dream. It misses with a claw but hits with a powerful bite and another claw.
Dream: Take 18 Damage
-------------
Fili casts his spell as it connects with the troll!

Sam disengages, feelings the nasty wounds covered his sides and part of his neck as he tries to get behind the dwarf.

Grem fires at the troll! The bullet slams into the troll and it roars in pain!

Haile fires another two more shot at the troll but misses!

OOC
Group is up. Dream does your spell hit Grem as well?

Dream (19) 5' from creature
-Prayer
+1 luck bonus on attack rolls, weapon
damage rolls, saves, and skill checks,
while each of your foes takes a -1
penalty on such rolls
-28 Damage
--------------------------------------
Creatures (12)
-AC 16/14 when charging
-Creature 1 ??/41
--------------------------------------
Fili  (09) 30' from creature
-Prayer

Sam   (08) 40' from creature
-Prayer
-32 Damage

Gnemmiert (08) 30' from creature

Haile (07) 30' from creature
-Prayer

Gnemmiert
 Dwarf Gunslinger, 5 posts
 HP 65/65; Init +6; AC 19
 Fort 7; Reflex 8; Will 5
Thu 18 Nov 2021
at 20:19
Re: (IC) The Quest Begins!
Gnem planted his feet, deftly loading another shot, leveled the musket and squeezed the trigger. Before he even saw the shot hit its mark Gnem yelled "LOAD!" anticipating the need to use the musket again.



OOC:
Full round: Dead eye, Rapid shot w/ deadly aim: 1st shot hit touch AC 22 for 20 points of damage. 2nd misfires.

15:08, Today: Gnemmiert rolled 20 22,20,8,12 using 1d20+7 9,1d12+9,1d20+7,1d12+9.  dead eye, rapid shouted, deadly aim (-4 -2 to hit, shots +4 damage).
Edit: Unable to use Rapid Shot this round.

This message was last edited by the player at 14:59, Fri 19 Nov.

Halie Delmenn
 Human Ranger, 77 posts
Sun 28 Nov 2021
at 21:01
Re: (IC) The Quest Begins!
There were several soft curses that slipped her lips, worried for Sam and the others yet also not willing to get in too close given the baby bear cub that was still worned, snuggled, to her chest. She nocked an arrow and let it fly, nocking and releasing another in rapid succession.



13:57, Today: Halie Delmenn rolled 22 using 1d20+6.  Attack: Longbow, Composite +1.
14:00, Today: Halie Delmenn rolled 9 using 1d8+1.  Damage: Longbow, Composite +1.


13:57, Today: Halie Delmenn rolled 18 using 1d20+6.  Attack: Longbow, Composite +1.
14:00, Today: Halie Delmenn rolled 3 using 1d8+1.  Damage: Longbow, Composite +1.

Dreamljocht
 Elf Cleric, 112 posts
 HP 29/41; Init +4; AC 17
 Fort 5; Will 4; Reflex 7
Mon 29 Nov 2021
at 22:14
Re: (IC) The Quest Begins!
Dreamljocht casts his Cure Moderate Wounds spell, touching himself. Immediately he feels somewhat revived. He fights completely defensive now, letting the offensive attacks to his companions.
He sees the heavy wounds Sam suffered, but he cannot wage to use his channel healing energy as it would help the troll as well. He hopes that Sam, will keep out of more harms way, so he can heal him soon.

Dreamljocht rolled 18 using 2d8+5. Cure Moderate Wounds.
Fighting defensively: +2 on AC => 20 (including Prayer)

Genm is not boosted by Prayer as he was not near enough at start

Filivum Springwing
 Halfling Sorcerer, 26 posts
 HP: 40/40, Ini: +3, AC:14
 Fort +3, Ref +4, Will +6
Tue 30 Nov 2021
at 04:02
Re: (IC) The Quest Begins!
Filivum decided to spring a little surprise at the critter, and began to cast a spell "Arga! Gonda! Avecua!" and a ball of electricity formed in his hand, which he proceeded to throw at the creature.

OOC: Casting Snowball as an electricity spell. The Troll can make a Fort Save, DC 15, or be Staggered for 1 round.
Filivum Springwing rolled 10 using 1d20+6 ((4)). Touch Attack Roll
Filivum Springwing rolled 20 using 5d6 ((3,6,6,3,2)). damage roll

Dungeon Master
 GM, 930 posts
Tue 30 Nov 2021
at 18:11
Re: (IC) The Quest Begins!
Stepping back, Dream casts his healing spell.
-Heals for 10
--------------
The creature roars loudly and swings its claws, and attempts to tear into the flesh of the cleric. Luckly one claw barely gets through his defense. It wounds continue to heal up!
-Dream take 7 Damage
-------------
Fili fires off his spell but it barely misses its mark!

Sam pulls out his bow and fires but misses!

Grem fires his musket, and he hits its mark but it doesn't drop him!

Haile fires off two more arrows, one hitting its mark!

OOC
Group is up. Dream does your spell hit Grem as well?

Dream (19) 10' from creature
-Prayer
+1 luck bonus on attack rolls, weapon
damage rolls, saves, and skill checks,
while each of your foes takes a -1
penalty on such rolls
-17 Damage
--------------------------------------
Creatures (12)
-AC 16/14 when charging
-Creature  ??/65
--------------------------------------
Fili  (09)
-Prayer

Sam   (08) 10' from creature
-Prayer
-9 Damage

Gnemmiert (08)

Haile (07)
-Prayer

Gnemmiert
 Dwarf Gunslinger, 8 posts
 HP 65/65; Init +6; AC 19
 Fort 7; Reflex 8; Will 5
Tue 30 Nov 2021
at 19:31
Re: (IC) The Quest Begins!
Gnem cursed as he could see the creature's wounds heal themselves. "Bloody troll! We need FIRE!" as he squeezed the trigger.

Even before the smoke cleared the dwarf yelled, "Load!" and managed to squeeze off another round. The second round hitting in nearly the same place as the first shot.



OOC:
Full attack: Hit touch AC 24 for 19 damage, hit touch AC 24 for 17 damage

14:21, Today: Gnemmiert rolled 24,19,24,17 using 1d20+7,1d12+9,1d20+7,1d12+9.  deadeye shot (touch), Point blank, rapid shot, deadly aim (-4 to hit, +4 to damage).