(IC) The Quest Begins!   Posted by Dungeon Master.Group: 0
Jemimwitt Haethy
 Halfling Cavalier, 62 posts
Sun 8 Aug 2021
at 05:28
Re: (IC) The Quest Begins!
After the channel, Jemimwitt moved around a bit experimentally and nodded approvingly, testing his body despite his wounds. He was still ambulatory and could ride: and that wouldn't be true without the healing he'd received.


"Thank you for your assistance, Dreamljocht. That sounds like a great idea. I'd love to hear some stories from everyone. Even Sam.

We may have had a disagreement but he definitely shouldn't be camping alone tonight in this forest. I do hope he shows up."


Not that long ago, goblins had managed to sneak close enough to literally kidnap Muffins from a full camp with guards. Sleeping out here alone sounded insanely dangerous.

Once the camp was made and he'd quickly seen to Muffins needs, he headed back to the camp for the aforementioned discussion. He had planned on also taking the time to fix his armour, but the magical chain seemed to be free of torn links: the magical armor had held up remarkably well.


22:26, Today: Jemimwitt Haethy rolled 7 using 1d20+5.  Muffins Perception.
22:25, Today: Jemimwitt Haethy rolled 15 using 1d20+6.  Perception Jemimwitt (4 against danger/stealth) for a total of 19


Dove Laneri
 Aasimar Sorcerer, 54 posts
Mon 9 Aug 2021
at 15:50
Re: (IC) The Quest Begins!
Once more Dove is confused at the actions of the party moving the bear off to the side rather then harvesting it for meat, albeit she supposes it makes sense with Halie apparently keeping the cub. She took the time to wind down as Dream healed the parties wounds and Sam still didnít appear before they decided to hobble the horses and set up camp. Far from optimal but as her adrenaline dropped she had to admit she could use the break. Taking calming breaths she went through the mindless tasks of helping out where requested, keeping an eye out for Sam as she did. Albeit unlike the others she was more wary then worried.

08:45, Today: Dove Laneri rolled 9 using 1d20+3.  Perception.
Dreamljocht
 Elf Cleric, 79 posts
 HP 31/41; Init +4; AC 17
 Fort 5; Will 4; Reflex 7
Mon 9 Aug 2021
at 16:35
Re: (IC) The Quest Begins!
Dreamljocht looks around and asks: "I have still some minor scratches; if anyone is still wounded, I could heal us once again? I know I need some more."
Jemimwitt Haethy
 Halfling Cavalier, 64 posts
Mon 9 Aug 2021
at 22:35
Re: (IC) The Quest Begins!
Jemimwitt nodded "I also have a few injuries. The armor held up well, but I can't say the same for my ribs."

He stood around the center. He suddenly spoke very loudly so that any nearby could hear. "Sam, you are welcome to join us openly if you wish. If not, have a good night."

There was no malice in his tone.

Jemimwitt couldn't be sure, but he thought he'd heard... something watching him. It could be his imagination, some critter, Sam or something else. He thought it might be Sam, who seemed heavily invested in completing the mission and thus seemed unlikely to depart.

"Shall we have a discussion of our past as Dreamljocht suggested? Who would like to be first?"

Dreamljocht
 Elf Cleric, 80 posts
 HP 41/41; Init +4; AC 17
 Fort 5; Will 4; Reflex 7
Mon 9 Aug 2021
at 22:52
Re: (IC) The Quest Begins!
Dreamljocht holds his holy symbol once again, praying to his goddess. A new wave of healing energy runs through everyones veins. If Muffins has some wounds, these would heal too.
When Dreamljocht looks around he has some flash of a sight: it is as if he sees a second Jem, amidst the trees and shrubs. But as he blinks his eyes in disbelief, the sight is gone and he doesn't know if he had seen somenthing real or that his imagination had played tricks on him.

Dreamljocht rolled 13 using 3d6. Channel positive energy. Everyone within 30 feet heals 13 hp

This message was last edited by the player at 13:33, Tue 10 Aug 2021.

Dungeon Master
 GM, 834 posts
Mon 9 Aug 2021
at 22:57
Re: (IC) The Quest Begins!
The small group is gathered together around a small campfire. The four of them circle the campfire, food is given out as well. Haile sits some distance off with the bear upon her shoulder as she eats quietly. Its relatively peaceful. Night has fallen, everyone is together. The cleric heals the group up and waits. The quiet night, familiar sounds of a owl hooting. It has been a long day.

This message was last edited by the GM at 23:00, Mon 09 Aug 2021.

Halie Delmenn
 Human Ranger, 61 posts
Mon 9 Aug 2021
at 23:26
Re: (IC) The Quest Begins!
Her mood had soured quite a bit with everything that had happened. She didn't want to attack the momma bear...she was only protecting her cub and then to top it off with Dove wanting to kill the baby...it was too much. With a heavy sigh, her thoughts turned to Sam and what happened at the wagon as she picked up the cub and held it up to look it over. "Now...what to name you..." she said with a small, sad smile, trying not to let any emotions show.


17:19, Today: Halie Delmenn rolled 27 using 1d20+9.  Perception.
Dove Laneri
 Aasimar Sorcerer, 56 posts
Mon 9 Aug 2021
at 23:52
Re: (IC) The Quest Begins!
ďI donít mind telling you all a bit about myself but Iím not sure what exactly you want to hear. Funny stories, tales of home and hearth, epic tales?Ē

Dove seemed curious and a little unsure as she settled in with the others. Considering carefully the atmosphere and both Muffins and the unnamed bear cub she decided to reveal one of her own secrets. She lifted the leg of her pants to reveal a gold lined skunk against her skin and stared at it unimpressed.

ďStop being so lazy, if you want dinner come get it Stripes. Silly thing.

Perhaps it was the order or the smell of food that did it as her tattoo, scratch that, her familiar detached from her leg and crawled into her lap much like a cat demanding attention and food. She made sure that her companion got his fill though as she considered what kind of information to share with the others.
Jemimwitt Haethy
 Halfling Cavalier, 65 posts
Tue 10 Aug 2021
at 01:11
Re: (IC) The Quest Begins!
Once everything was all set up, Muffins was relaxing by the fire with Jemimwitt laying against him as a particularly large pillow.

Muffins head twisted a bit as he saw the skunk and twisted his head, whining lightly, a little confused as to why a skunk was allowed. Jemimwitt gave him a pet and he put his head back down.


"Something that says something about you would be good. Or just a good story. It's hard to say no to a good story.


Jemimwitt stopped suddenly, and made a hand gesture. Muffins was up in a minute, looking alarmed. Jemimwitt mounted Muffins and moved away from where he was standing about 30 feet.

He had not stayed alive by ignoring his intuition. It could be something as simple as a large badger den or an underground cave.

"I may just be very tired, but I swear I just felt the ground move under my feet. We may be on a sinkhole or something. We should search the area more thoroughly."

This message was last edited by the GM at 16:29, Wed 11 Aug 2021.

Dungeon Master
 GM, 837 posts
Wed 11 Aug 2021
at 16:48
Re: (IC) The Quest Begins!
The area seems safe. Peto looks around and the horses don't seem to really see anything. One of them leans forwards and is eating grass. Its quiet and calm. The bear yawns as it rests on Haile. But then something skitters across a branch! About 15' away againt something moves up a tree. Then silence besides the typical woodland nature.
Halie Delmenn
 Human Ranger, 62 posts
Wed 11 Aug 2021
at 20:55
Re: (IC) The Quest Begins!
There was a soft sigh as she looked up into the trees at the sound, eyes darting about, pausing in one area before shifting back down to the bear. The conversation from the others was tuned out as she tried to relax, enjoying the sounds of nature even though it seemed to awaken that more primal part of her.
Dove Laneri
 Aasimar Sorcerer, 59 posts
Thu 12 Aug 2021
at 15:22
Re: (IC) The Quest Begins!
"Hmmm well how about the time I met Stripes? He was always adorable. Where I grew up animals are a lot more trusting of people then normal. So Stripes and his family didn't act on edge, and thankfully no one ever got a face full of musk. But he was always the dangerously curious one of his group. Wandered off a lot from his mom, and I liked to feed him tidbits while petting him. Apparently it got me adopted as my magic bonded with him without me noticing because one day he just trotted into my leg. I maaay have cried until my mom's friend helped me figure out what happened. Almost as bad as when I tried to pet a skunk outside of my home. Not fun, but I've since learned a skunk attack is a great way to end a fight."

Dove chuckled at her own past, so so many mistakes. And who knew Skunks where so dangerous out in the wilds? Her fingers trailed lovingly through the skunks fur before she jolted slightly looking around with a slightly confused look.

"Did... the ground just move?!"

Dove seemed to hesitate before looking to the side with a shudder, oddly focused on the ground for a moment.

"Okay. Might be imagining things. I think somethings underground though. I'm definitely not gonna sleep on the ground tonight though. Brrrr. I wish I could sense Tremors."
Dungeon Master
 GM, 839 posts
Thu 12 Aug 2021
at 15:55
Re: (IC) The Quest Begins!
https://pathfinderwiki.com/med...pg/250px-Ankhrav.jpg

Right behind Dove after she speaks, the ground bursts open revealing this carapace creature! It hisses goes to bite down upon Dove's chest!

Within seconds, another creature bursts from the ground behind Muffins and Jema and proceeds to sink its mandables into flesh!

Boom! Clacking of claws and fangs, it bursts out of the ground behind Dream!

Three nasty creatures!

11:50, Today: Dungeon Master rolled 10 using 1d20+5.  Attack-Dream.

11:49, Today: Dungeon Master rolled 2 using 1d4.  Damage-Dove-Acid.

11:48, Today: Dungeon Master rolled 8 using 2d6+4.  Damage-Dove.

11:48, Today: Dungeon Master rolled 9 using 1d20+5.  Attack-Jem.

11:47, Today: Dungeon Master rolled 18 using 1d20+5.  Attack-Dove.


OOC
Dove: 10 Damage
Initiative

All of them are 10x10.!

Dove Laneri
 Aasimar Sorcerer, 60 posts
Thu 12 Aug 2021
at 16:52
Re: (IC) The Quest Begins!
Dove let out a cry of Agony as Stripes lets out a cry of fury as she's attacked without warning.

09:50, Today: Dove Laneri rolled 12 using 1d20+3.  Initiative.
Dreamljocht
 Elf Cleric, 81 posts
 HP 41/41; Init +4; AC 17
 Fort 5; Will 4; Reflex 7
Thu 12 Aug 2021
at 20:59
Re: (IC) The Quest Begins!
When the monster attacks Dreamljocht, he draws his scimitar lightning fast, but in the chaos, he misses the monster opposing him.

Dreamljocht rolled 22 using 1d20+4. Initiative.
Dreamljocht rolled 10 using 1d20+8. Attack with scimitar +1.

This message was last edited by the player at 06:57, Fri 13 Aug 2021.

Jemimwitt Haethy
 Halfling Cavalier, 68 posts
Fri 13 Aug 2021
at 00:59
Re: (IC) The Quest Begins!
Jemimwitt backed away from the monster so he could get some momentum for a charge, and then slammed back into the creature.

Move back, take the inevitable aoo, and charge
17:56, Today: Jemimwitt Haethy rolled 20 using 3d6+9.  Damage if 27 hits.

17:55, Today: Jemimwitt Haethy rolled 27 using 1d20+15.  Charge!!!! (Lance, but no challenge this time, just strength bonus).


20 damage if that hits and I don't get stopped by the AOO.

Ride Check for Muffins to attack
17:57, Today: Jemimwitt Haethy rolled 18 using 1d20+11 ((7)).

17:58, Today: Jemimwitt Haethy rolled 8 using 1d20+7 ((1)).

Auto miss on Muffins



The lance shot sunk in heavily, but Muffins found it impossible to bite at the carapace: he couldn't figure out a good way to attack that safely.
Dove Laneri
 Aasimar Sorcerer, 61 posts
Sat 14 Aug 2021
at 10:03
Re: (IC) The Quest Begins!
Dove and stripes disengage to get a bit of distance and ideally put someone in armor between her and the monsters. She could do a lot but nowhere near as much while in melee range of things tearing chunks out of her torso.

OOC
Full Round: Disengage

This message was last edited by the GM at 11:09, Sat 14 Aug 2021.

Dungeon Master
 GM, 847 posts
Sat 14 Aug 2021
at 14:23
Re: (IC) The Quest Begins!
The cavalier rushes back, missed by the creature. He charges at it, lance hitting him directly. Muffins goes to bite into him but gets nothing but carapace.

Dream draws his scimitar but misses.

Dove runs with Stripes, trying to gain distance and does it successfully.

The creature by Jem burrows into the ground and dissapears.
*Disengage into the ground. No hole.

The one that attack Dream, attacks again! It sinks its teeth into the clerics chest.
*Dream: 8 Damage, 1 Acid

Finally the one that went after Dove charges through the woods and sinks its manacled maul upon Dove!
*Dove: 10 Damage, No Damage from Acid

Haile moves to the wagon and places the bear inside. She fires at one of the creatures but misses!

The creature stares at Dove and then its head gets hit from behind twice. Its head is severed and falls to the ground in acidic ooze and standing there is Sam. His eyes narrow on the aasimar as he holds his twin kurkris.
*Creature is killed by Sam.

OOC
Group is up
---------------------------------------
Sam         (25)
Jem         (22)
Dream       (22)
*9 Damage
Dove        (12)
*20 Damage
---------------------------------------
Creatures   (09)
*One is killed
---------------------------------------
Haile       (04)

This message was last edited by the GM at 14:32, Sat 14 Aug 2021.

Dove Laneri
 Aasimar Sorcerer, 62 posts
Sat 14 Aug 2021
at 14:54
Re: (IC) The Quest Begins!
Dove let out another shrill cry of pain as her Stripes began to get even more agitated, before Sam solved the issue. She seemed hesitant on how to handle it at first, likely due to the heavy amount of pain she was in before she gently nudged Stripes with her ankle so he stopped aiming his backside at Sam.

"Thanks Sam. And now, Lady Desna, I appreciate your help."

Dove stepped away from the corpse and Sam, just in case it wasn't fully dead, before she invoked a spell quietly as her hand pulsed with a soft light. The wounds on her chest began to mend as the blood flowed back inside of her and the flesh knit. When it seemed minor scratches and rends would be left her spell seemed to give an odd final pulse, finishing off the heal.

Move: 5ft Step away from the body
Standard: Cure Moderate Wounds + Bloodline Arcana. Dove Heals for 21 Hit Points.

07:53, Today: Dove Laneri rolled 17 using 2d8+5.  Cure Moderate Wounds.
Bloodline Arcana: +4 Healing to Target in Sight (Dove)

Sam Cascious
 Tiefling Rogue, 19 posts
Sat 14 Aug 2021
at 15:31
Re: (IC) The Quest Begins!
Without a word, Sam turns and charges at the creature attacking Dream. He sinks his blade between a opening in the carapace.

23 Damage
08:29, Today: Sam Cascious rolled 16 using 3d8.

08:29, Today: Sam Cascious rolled 7 using 1d4+5.

08:28, Today: Sam Cascious rolled 21 using 1d20+11.

Dreamljocht
 Elf Cleric, 82 posts
 HP 32/41; Init +4; AC 17
 Fort 5; Will 4; Reflex 7
Sat 14 Aug 2021
at 16:09
Re: (IC) The Quest Begins!
Dreamljocht is focused on the monster in front that hit him last. WIth the wound in his shoulder, burning with acid`, he is not able to get his attack right again. He msises and is very happy to see Sam at the other side ofthe monster, attacking with his now famous kukri's.

Dreamljocht rolled 13 using 1d20+10. Attack with scimitar +1

This message was last edited by the GM at 16:10, Sat 14 Aug 2021.

Jemimwitt Haethy
 Halfling Cavalier, 70 posts
Sat 14 Aug 2021
at 17:37
Re: (IC) The Quest Begins!
Muffins instinctively backed away and growled as the creature suddenly vanished into the ground.

"Careful, mine's dug away!"

Jemimwitt gave Muffins a good spur and directed him in another low charge towards the one fighting Dream after seeing (with a little surprise) Sam kill one of the creatures.

"BY THE ORDER OF THE SWORD!"

Muffins made a mad dash across the campsite, sending up dust as his legs quickly propelled the dire corgi to an impressive rate, and once again, Jemimwitt brought his lance to bear on the target, careful not to hit the cleric.

Charge with lance. 10:33, Today: Jemimwitt Haethy rolled 24 using 1d20+13 ((11)).

10:34, Today: Jemimwitt Haethy rolled 18 using 3d6+9 ((4,4,1)).
18 Damage, roll for ride/bite

10:35, Today: Jemimwitt Haethy rolled 12 using 1d20+11 ((1))
1 Auto fails.


Muffins was reluctant to get close and bite the thing: understandable, given it's carapace. He would not try and ask Muffins to do it again: the lance was more important.
Dungeon Master
 GM, 849 posts
Sat 14 Aug 2021
at 23:36
Re: (IC) The Quest Begins!
With Jem and Sam hitting the creature, its speared by the lance and falls to the ground, dead.

Suddenly, the ground burst up 20' from the group! It hisses and lets out a acidic burst upon Sam, Jem and Dream!

DC: 14 Reflex Save
16:29, Today: Dungeon Master rolled 11 using 4d4.
Half: 6 Points of Damage


Sam darts away from the breath, using quick speed.

Haile fires at the last creature barely hitting him.
*2 Damage to creature

The rogue charges at the beast and goes to sink his blade into it!
*7 damage to creature

OOC
Group is up
---------------------------------------
Sam         (25)
Jem         (22)
Dream       (22)
*9 Damage
Dove        (12)
---------------------------------------
Creatures   (09)
*Two are killed
---------------------------------------
Haile       (04)

This message was last edited by the GM at 23:56, Sat 14 Aug 2021.

Jemimwitt Haethy
 Halfling Cavalier, 71 posts
Tue 17 Aug 2021
at 20:56
Re: (IC) The Quest Begins!
13:52, Today: Jemimwitt Haethy rolled 17 using 1d20+6.  Muffins Ref (Evasion).

13:52, Today: Jemimwitt Haethy rolled 24 using 1d20+6.  Ref Save.


Jemimwitt avoided the worst of the acid, where as Muffins managed to literally dodge the spray entirely.

Growling, Muffins charged on his own as Jemimwitt gritted his teeth, bringing his lance around quickly as he found himself propelled towards the remaining creature, bringing the lance home to just barely strike.


Charge as usual.
13:55, Today: Jemimwitt Haethy rolled 16 using 1d20+13 ((3)).
I'm pretty sure that's a miss?

Edit- Apparently not. Rolling damage.

19:33, Today: Jemimwitt Haethy rolled 23 using 3d6+9 ((5,5,4)).


This message was last edited by the player at 02:33, Wed 18 Aug 2021.

Dreamljocht
 Elf Cleric, 84 posts
 HP 26/41; Init +4; AC 17
 Fort 5; Will 4; Reflex 7
Tue 17 Aug 2021
at 22:16
Re: (IC) The Quest Begins!
The acid hits Dreamljocht although he dodges most of it. As soon as possible he attacks the critter with his scimitar, but again he misses. Harmlessly bouncing his blade on the carapace of the monster.

Dreamljocht rolled 27 using 1d20+7. Reflex save: => 6 damage
Dreamljocht rolled 12 using 1d20+8. Attack with scimitar +1

My last 5 attack rolls with bow or scimitar: 3,8,2,3,4! I'm happy that some of my other rolls are a bit higher