(IC) The Quest Begins!   Posted by Dungeon Master.Group: 0
Dove Laneri
 Aasimar Sorcerer, 65 posts
 HP 35/35; Init +3; AC 13
 Fort+4; Will+4; Reflex+5
Wed 18 Aug 2021
at 12:20
Re: (IC) The Quest Begins!
Dove was certainly not as fast to react though it may have been due to the fact she was chanting a spell. Stripes on the other hand showing he was a little coward darted back into Dove's leg taking his place once more as a Tattoo. Finally her spell released a barrage of force missiles at the creature.

Stripes Move: Stripes returns to Tattoo form
Dove Standard: Magic Missile hits for 10 Force Damage
05:18, Today: Dove Laneri rolled 10 using 3d4+3.  Magic Missile. (Only if beast is still standing).

Dungeon Master
 GM, 856 posts
Wed 18 Aug 2021
at 14:19
Re: (IC) The Quest Begins!
Dove's spell hits and when the cavalier charges at it, that was its final call. The creature fell to the ground in a mass of mandibles and carapace as well as nasty acid.

Sam slips his blades back to where they came and walks over to Haile and the bear to check on them. Silence comes from him-he's either ticked off, had enough or doesn't care about anyone besides the ranger and the cub.
Jemimwitt Haethy
 Halfling Cavalier, 73 posts
 HP37/6 Ini+4 AC19
 F8 R6 W5
Wed 18 Aug 2021
at 15:01
Re: (IC) The Quest Begins!
Jemimwitt gave a polite nod to Sam but let him be.


"Well fought, everyone. Shall we dispose of the corpses and continue resting, or change camp sites?"

Dove Laneri
 Aasimar Sorcerer, 66 posts
 HP 35/35; Init +3; AC 13
 Fort+4; Will+4; Reflex+5
Wed 18 Aug 2021
at 15:16
Re: (IC) The Quest Begins!
Dove quietly casts Mending as the rips and tears in her clothes begin to heal, now that combat was over and her wounds where healed. A Prestidigitation also took care of any leftover blood or saliva.

"I'd probably suggest moving even if all I want is a rest, the smell of blood may bring more predators? At least that's what I was always told."
Dreamljocht
 Elf Cleric, 87 posts
 HP 38/41; Init +4; AC 17
 Fort 5; Will 4; Reflex 7
Thu 19 Aug 2021
at 07:56
Re: (IC) The Quest Begins!
"Welcome Sam, I was afraid that we had lost you. But once again you come to help us." voices Dreamljocht his concern about his missing companion.
When everyone is setteld again, Dreamljocht uses his ability to channel positive energy, holding his holy symbol and praying to Sarenrae.
"Anyone still more wounded than a few scratches that heal over night?"

Everyone wounded takes 12 hp healing: Dreamljocht rolled 12 using 3d6. Channel positive energy.
Sam Cascious
 Tiefling Rogue, 20 posts
Thu 19 Aug 2021
at 14:10
Re: (IC) The Quest Begins!
After checking on the bear and ranger, Sam turns and starts to head back into the woods. He stops, watching each of them and then keeps walking into the brush.
Halie Delmenn
 Human Ranger, 64 posts
Thu 19 Aug 2021
at 23:13
Re: (IC) The Quest Begins!
There was blush that came to her cheeks when Sam came to check on her and the bear cub but she was ultimately relieved that he came back. Her gaze darted over to Dream when he spoke to Sam but returned when she sensed him moving. Reaching out, she caught ahold of his arm. "Don't go..."
Sam Cascious
 Tiefling Rogue, 21 posts
Fri 20 Aug 2021
at 00:10
Re: (IC) The Quest Begins!
The rogue stares at the ranger. He glances at the others and then back to Haile. Sam steps back away from them and goes to where the cub lies. He waits in the back of the wagon, silently. His eyes dart around, watching. A hand goes to where the cub is resting. Its hard to tell what is more unnerving-Sam speaking or not saying a word. And telling what he is feeling. Hurt. Anger.Upset. Or nothing. Emotionless.

This message was last edited by the player at 14:41, Fri 20 Aug 2021.

Dreamljocht
 Elf Cleric, 88 posts
 HP 38/41; Init +4; AC 17
 Fort 5; Will 4; Reflex 7
Fri 20 Aug 2021
at 19:34
Re: (IC) The Quest Begins!
"Stay with us, Sam." says Dreamljocht to the rogue. The inscrutable man has earned Dreamljochts trust by now, coming to the rescue of his companions several times, even if he was not obliged.
Dove Laneri
 Aasimar Sorcerer, 68 posts
 HP 35/35; Init +3; AC 13
 Fort+4; Will+4; Reflex+5
Fri 20 Aug 2021
at 23:30
Re: (IC) The Quest Begins!
Dove moves to relax by Jemimwitt while she waits for the party to talk down Sam. She has to admit she doesn't get it, but it's none of her business. She wasn't entirely sure what to do and so decided to lean on some good advice from her aunt, namely 'let them sort their own shit out.' Perfect.

"So does this happen often in this area? The whole ambush thing." Instead she just strikes up conversation with Jemimwitt.
Sam Cascious
 Tiefling Rogue, 22 posts
Fri 20 Aug 2021
at 23:41
Re: (IC) The Quest Begins!
As much as he wants to say something, to go off on all of them-he doesn't. His eyes narrow and glances at Dream. He turns from him and leaves his hand near the cub for a moment and turns away from them. Sam takes a deep breath. Not a single word breaks from him.
Jemimwitt Haethy
 Halfling Cavalier, 74 posts
 HP53/60 Ini +4 AC 19
 Fort 8 Ref 6 Will 5
Sat 21 Aug 2021
at 15:53
Re: (IC) The Quest Begins!
Jemimwitt shook his head. "I'm new to the area as well. I've been ambushed before, but never by foes this strong.

Most of the foes we've faced, I'd have evaded rather than trying to fight on my own.

It would be nice to avoid any more nasty surprises, but I don't have my hopes up. 


The Order of the Sword required you to show a degree of bravery, not stupidity. He'd met a few cavaliers of the second variety, and they usually didn't last very long.
Dove Laneri
 Aasimar Sorcerer, 70 posts
 HP 35/35; Init +3; AC 13
 Fort+4; Will+4; Reflex+5
Sat 21 Aug 2021
at 22:12
Re: (IC) The Quest Begins!
"First goblins, then bears, and now some kind of underground bug. Yea, I'm definitely ready to get the hell out of here. Wish when my spells had woke up some kind of Alarm had, tsk. Not gonna sleep peacefully for days."

Dove let out a put upon sigh, absolutely agreeing with Jemimwitt's assessment of avoiding these kind of fights rather then tackling them head on.
Halie Delmenn
 Human Ranger, 65 posts
Sun 22 Aug 2021
at 04:17
Re: (IC) The Quest Begins!
She moved up behind Sam and wrapped her arms around him in a gentle hug. "Come on Sam...stay...for me. We need you..." Her words were soft. "Don't leave me..." Her thoughts careened back to at the wagon, that moment that was shared. "You...you can't just do what you did and leave."
Sam Cascious
 Tiefling Rogue, 23 posts
Sun 22 Aug 2021
at 09:35
Re: (IC) The Quest Begins!
As much as he wants to yell at everyone, he doesn't. The rogue winces at the hug but doesn't pull away. His eyes dart to Dove, eyes narrowed and then move away. He looks up at the sky. still being held. Silence. The rogue pulls away from her and sits on the back of the wagon near the cub.
Dungeon Master
 GM, 862 posts
Tue 24 Aug 2021
at 17:10
Re: (IC) The Quest Begins!
Soon the group finds a differet places to rest. If they wish they can take some of the body parts of the ankhegs. Sam sits at the back of the wagon, silently still with the cub. At times Halie pulls the cub close and walks around, staying clear of the Aasimar. It doesn't seem like the tiefling sleeps and whenever someone gets close other then the ranger, he pulls away and just stares at them. He just looks like he's ready for a fight, inside the camp our outside. Strange how Sam normally talks but is silent. He normally watches each person one at a time, like a cat watching its prey but he doesn't lunge.

Everyone gets some rest. Time passes and between some of the group taking watch nothing comes up from the ground, no arrows from the trees. And nothing from the woodlands. Come morning, the gathered group starts the journey once more. A few hours pass. Its getting slightly more cold now and what looks like a small inn rest against the side of tbe beginning of a mountain.
Halie Delmenn
 Human Ranger, 66 posts
Wed 25 Aug 2021
at 06:29
Re: (IC) The Quest Begins!
She felt some sense of relief when Sam doesn't make a move to leave, eventually going to lay down to get some rest, curling up with the little cub. She would have invited Sam to come lay down as well but figured he was still upset over the threats that were spoken. When morning came, she packed up her things and donned her heavier clothing.
Dove Laneri
 Aasimar Sorcerer, 71 posts
 HP 35/35; Init +3; AC 13
 Fort+4; Will+4; Reflex+5
Wed 25 Aug 2021
at 06:58
Re: (IC) The Quest Begins!
Dove had been hesitant to sleep but left Stripes on watch beside her. She slept in and got some rest, the multiple ambushes having exhausted her. She did make sure to sleep near Jemimwitt and Muffins though trusting in the dogs sense of smell alongside Stripes. As the new day dawned she woke herself up with a basic prestidigitation, cleaning herself and feeding Stripes as she groggily started the day and got ready to leave.

Dove was apparently not much of a morning person.
Dreamljocht
 Elf Cleric, 89 posts
 HP 38/41; Init +4; AC 17
 Fort 5; Will 4; Reflex 7
Wed 25 Aug 2021
at 09:43
Re: (IC) The Quest Begins!
Dreamljocht wakes early, and takes his time to pray to Sarenrae for new spells for the day to come. Clasping his holy symbol he ponders upon the blessings his goddess bestowed on him and his companions. As usual for him, he is a bit humbled by the neverending generosity of his patron.

After his morning duties, he joins his companions for a light brerakfast. As the cold chills him a bit, he brings his cloak from his kit to keep him warm during the day.
He is gladd to find Sam still with them. He doesn't fathom the man not yet; when they met first, he didn't even know if he was trustworthy at all. Dreamljocht always tries  to judge men on their deeds first and not on their appearance or ancestry.
He is quite sure that Sam has a secret, and waits patiently till the man open up.
Sam Cascious
 Tiefling Rogue, 24 posts
 HP 40/40, Init +3; AC 18
 Fort 1; Will 3; Reflex 9
Thu 26 Aug 2021
at 02:05
Re: (IC) The Quest Begins!
The rogue doesn't look at anyone, as if he doesn't see them. He remains near Haile and checks the cub, and motions for the ranger to pick it up in its sling. Sam doesn't take the reigns either, letting someone else do it.  Looking around he spots the odd building and being on the ground moves towards it.

This message was last updated by the player at 02:05, Thu 26 Aug 2021.

Halie Delmenn
 Human Ranger, 67 posts
Sun 29 Aug 2021
at 02:46
Re: (IC) The Quest Begins!
Halie picked up the little cub and it's sling and put it on, basically wearing it like a parent would with a new babe before mounting Peto. She gave Sam a small smile, glad that he stayed even if he was still mad at the group, which was understandable.
Dungeon Master
 GM, 865 posts
Wed 1 Sep 2021
at 14:04
Re: (IC) The Quest Begins!
https://www.renderhub.com/ente...ant-bar-house-01.jpg

The outside of the inn. Once inside, its all rock. Rock benches, rock tables. Even a rock and wood bar. There are no signs of anyone else but there is fireplace that looks recently lit with some coals but its low. Sam keeps his distance from everyone besides Haile-when someone approaches he moves away, and seems to be watching everyone. There is also a sloped area that leads further down, like a spiral staircase leading further into the darkness. Its quiet.

https://i.redd.it/4in21s4b58661.png
Dove Laneri
 Aasimar Sorcerer, 72 posts
 HP 35/35; Init +3; AC 13
 Fort+4; Will+4; Reflex+5
Wed 1 Sep 2021
at 14:37
Re: (IC) The Quest Begins!
Dove looked around both intrigued and a bit let down. This place looked ideal for a way station for the adventuring or traveling sort, but seemed fairly quiet. Likely it only had at most a customer or three. Which unfortunately meant she'd have to put off considering whether to stay or leave until they found someone a bit more bustling. It also meant she wouldn't be able to get any local news or stories, easily anyway.
Rogar Boulderblaster
 Dwarf Fighter, 5 posts
 HP 73/73; Init +1
 AC:22, F:+8 R+2 W +3
Tue 7 Sep 2021
at 16:49
Re: (IC) The Quest Begins!
Rogar looks around the second floor where he awoke and not seeing any of his mining associates he heads downstairs, ready to give the first person he sees a piece of his mind for not waking him for breakfast.

This message was last edited by the player at 17:23, Tue 07 Sept 2021.

Dreamljocht
 Elf Cleric, 91 posts
 HP 38/41; Init +4; AC 17
 Fort 5; Will 4; Reflex 7
Tue 7 Sep 2021
at 21:47
Re: (IC) The Quest Begins!
When they reach the building at the side of the road, Dreamljocht reigns his horse and steps down. "Let's have a look if there's someone who can tell us more of the way ahead.". He ties his horse to the cart and enters the building, together with his companions.

This message was last edited by the player at 07:06, Wed 08 Sept 2021.