(IC) The Quest Begins!   Posted by Dungeon Master.Group: 0
Dungeon Master
 GM, 871 posts
Thu 9 Sep 2021
at 21:29
Re: (IC) The Quest Begins!
Looking back out the doorway, the cavalier seems to have taken off as well as the sorceror. Probably out scouting perhaps? Sam waits by Haile as he enters and as the dwarf comes downstairs, his eyes narrow. Least he is not armored but he does have a axe. The rogue remains silent, letting the others deal with the dwarf. He steps in front of the ranger and the babe over her shoulder-the cub.

This message was last edited by the GM at 15:40, Fri 10 Sept 2021.

Rogar Boulderblaster
 Dwarf Fighter, 7 posts
 HP 73/73; Init +1
 AC:22, F:+8 R+2 W +3
Thu 16 Sep 2021
at 12:44
Re: (IC) The Quest Begins!
Stomping down the stairs Rogar looks around the main floor.  Slightly confused by the lack of activity and his missing associates Rogar spots the newcomers entering the inn.
"You there, what's goin' on?  Where's m'friends?"
Filivum Springwing
 Halfling Sorcerer, 2 posts
 HP: 35/35, Ini: +3, AC:14
 Fort +2, Ref +4, Will +6
Sat 18 Sep 2021
at 00:25
Re: (IC) The Quest Begins!
Filivum was a bit tired, but in a good way. The King had asked him to join a group of adventurers, and while they had a head start, his magic carried him faster than them, and so he was catching up to them.
He was excited to meet them, and tell them that the King himself has decided to send him with them, but he also didn't want to startle them, so he waited a bit outside, to catch his breath, and make himself invisible, before he entered the inn.

OOC: Casting Invisibility on himself
Remaining Spells per day: 7/4

Sam Cascious
 Tiefling Rogue, 25 posts
 HP 40/40, Init +3; AC 18
 Fort 1; Will 3; Reflex 9
Sat 18 Sep 2021
at 12:59
Re: (IC) The Quest Begins!
Glancing across the room to the cleric, Sam remains silent for some reason. Everyone that wanted him dead is gone and that should change things but he can't read Dream. He sighs, keeping himself in front of Haile and the bear cub swaddled against her chest. Taking a deep breath, the tiefling does speak "Who are you?" Right to the point.
Halie Delmenn
 Human Ranger, 69 posts
Sat 18 Sep 2021
at 21:32
Re: (IC) The Quest Begins!
There was a soft blush that came to her cheeks when Sam stepped in front of her, protecting her and the little cub. Her thoughts careened back to the moment shared beside the wagon for a brief moment before she pushed them aside, trying to be present in their current situation.
Dreamljocht
 Elf Cleric, 93 posts
 HP 38/41; Init +4; AC 17
 Fort 5; Will 4; Reflex 7
Sat 18 Sep 2021
at 21:47
Re: (IC) The Quest Begins!
Dreamljocht looks at the dwarf, who is clearly missing some of his companions. "Sir dwarf, were you here with companions? When did you see them last? We encountered nobody on our way in."

This message was last edited by the player at 20:07, Mon 20 Sept 2021.

Rogar Boulderblaster
 Dwarf Fighter, 9 posts
 HP 73/73; Init +1
 AC:22, F:+8 R+2 W +3
Mon 20 Sep 2021
at 20:01
Re: (IC) The Quest Begins!
Looking over the Inn's newest guests Rogar can tell these aren't your average merchants he's dealt with typically around here.

"Name's Rogar and yes there should be several others aroun' here, including someone with my breakfast."

Looking towards the kitchen Rogar tests the air hoping to smell something good to break his fast.
Filivum Springwing
 Halfling Sorcerer, 4 posts
 HP: 35/35, Ini: +3, AC:14
 Fort +2, Ref +4, Will +6
Mon 20 Sep 2021
at 20:24
Re: (IC) The Quest Begins!
Filivum makes his way into the inn, to see what's going inside. Breakfast?! That sounds good... and he makes his way towards whatever is the kitchen.
Dreamljocht
 Elf Cleric, 95 posts
 HP 38/41; Init +4; AC 17
 Fort 5; Will 4; Reflex 7
Mon 27 Sep 2021
at 12:59
Re: (IC) The Quest Begins!
Dreamljocht listen carefully: he hears someone or something moving in the direction of the kitchen, but he doesn't see anything moving! He draws his scimitar and walks in the direction of the sound.
He positions himself in the path of what's moving and says loud and clear: Make your self visible, or I'll use my weapon to find you.
He is ready for a reaction, even a hostile attack.
Filivum Springwing
 Halfling Sorcerer, 7 posts
 HP: 35/35, Ini: +3, AC:14
 Fort +2, Ref +4, Will +6
Mon 27 Sep 2021
at 13:59
Re: (IC) The Quest Begins!
Damned these elves and their stupid hearing. Filivum stops a short distance from the elf, and knowing he can't dispel his magic, he decides to do the next best thing, he casts a spell, and aims it near the elf's right foot, sending a weak jolt of energy close to him. "Here I am, now, are you really gonna stand between a hungry halfling and his next meal? Besides, aren't you one of the guys the king has sent on a mission?"

OOC: Casting Jolt, not aimed at the elf, but in close vicinity, so that the invisibility is dispeled.

This message was last edited by the player at 14:37, Mon 27 Sept 2021.

Sam Cascious
 Tiefling Rogue, 26 posts
 HP 40/40, Init +3; AC 18
 Fort 1; Will 3; Reflex 9
Mon 27 Sep 2021
at 14:51
Re: (IC) The Quest Begins!
"You could have walked in without the spell." Sam speaks out, staying in front of Haile. His eyes narrow on the halfling, and with a quick flick two blades form into his hands. Hard to tell where they came from. First the dwarf and now a mysterious halfling? He takes a breath and slips his blades somewhere, crossing his arms over his chest and stands now in the doorway that he closes. He glances at the dwarf "We just arrived."
Filivum Springwing
 Halfling Sorcerer, 8 posts
 HP: 35/35, Ini: +3, AC:14
 Fort +2, Ref +4, Will +6
Mon 27 Sep 2021
at 16:29
Re: (IC) The Quest Begins!
"I could have, sure, but life is an adventure, and sometimes, especially for a lone halfling, life can be dangerous, so better to be safe than sorry." He makes no threatening moves towards either of them, and other than a staff seems to carry no weapons. "Besides, the king has given me a piece of paper to show you guys, that he asked me to join you."
Sam Cascious
 Tiefling Rogue, 27 posts
 HP 40/40, Init +3; AC 18
 Fort 1; Will 3; Reflex 9
Thu 30 Sep 2021
at 13:23
Re: (IC) The Quest Begins!
The mans eyes narrow "Let me see it."
Filivum Springwing
 Halfling Sorcerer, 9 posts
 HP: 35/35, Ini: +3, AC:14
 Fort +2, Ref +4, Will +6
Thu 30 Sep 2021
at 15:11
Re: (IC) The Quest Begins!
"Sure, but that means slipping my hand into my pocket to retrieve it." And he slowly pull out the paper. It's not in great condition, as he barely even folded it neatly before he stuffed it in his pocket.
Halie Delmenn
 Human Ranger, 70 posts
Mon 4 Oct 2021
at 19:58
Re: (IC) The Quest Begins!
She watched the halfling with a curiosity, placing a hand gently upon Sam's shoulder.
Dreamljocht
 Elf Cleric, 96 posts
 HP 38/41; Init +4; AC 17
 Fort 5; Will 4; Reflex 7
Mon 4 Oct 2021
at 21:02
Re: (IC) The Quest Begins!
Without showing much surprise when the halfling comes out of invisibility, Dreamljocht steps up to the small one, holding his hand outstretched and open to take a look at the king's paper.
Dungeon Master
 GM, 885 posts
Tue 5 Oct 2021
at 15:51
Re: (IC) The Quest Begins!
Sam winces as Hailie touches his shoulder, probably not expecting it. He seems to slightly relax now with the cavalier and the other sorcerer gone. But he seems to be not at ease. He lowers his hand as Filivum hands it to the cleric which explains the mission from the Kings view and signed by him. A forgery? Maybe. The rogue steps back, still protecting the ranger and cub. His eyes dart back to the somewhat angry dwarf. The last thing Sam wants to do is deal with him. But he can easily enough "Should check the area, see if we can find this dwarves friends."
Halie Delmenn
 Human Ranger, 71 posts
Sun 10 Oct 2021
at 02:03
Re: (IC) The Quest Begins!
"Go ahead...we will be fine unless you want me to accompany you," Halie said softly after taking a deep breath and letting it out slowly.
Filivum Springwing
 Halfling Sorcerer, 10 posts
 HP: 35/35, Ini: +3, AC:14
 Fort +2, Ref +4, Will +6
Sun 10 Oct 2021
at 04:16
Re: (IC) The Quest Begins!
"Oooh, I have an idea, I'll check out the kitchen, you know, his 'friends' might be hungry." Said the halfling, in a somewhat excited voice.
Dreamljocht
 Elf Cleric, 97 posts
 HP 38/41; Init +4; AC 17
 Fort 5; Will 4; Reflex 7
Mon 11 Oct 2021
at 16:04
Re: (IC) The Quest Begins!
Dreamljocht walks with the halfling to the kitchen; he rests his hand lightly on the shoulder of the halfling as to be sure that he doesn't turn invisible again.
Filivum Springwing
 Halfling Sorcerer, 12 posts
 HP: 35/35, Ini: +3, AC:14
 Fort +2, Ref +4, Will +6
Mon 11 Oct 2021
at 16:38
Re: (IC) The Quest Begins!
The Hafling looks around the kitchen, and when he finds nothing amiss, he'll go about making himself a modest breakfast of eggs, salad, sausages, and any mead he can find. While doing so, he talks to the Elf "So, would you mind telling me about you and your friends? if we're gonna be traveling companions, we might as well get to know each other."
Dungeon Master
 GM, 888 posts
Mon 11 Oct 2021
at 16:48
Re: (IC) The Quest Begins!
"Hey! You are not bloody allowed in there you good for nothin' son of a..." The dwarf goes to get in front of the cleric and sorceror "Now you want to steal from here eh? Yer either pay fer the meal and I'll go fetch it or get out." He gets in front of them, big burly arms blocking them both "I'll find them. Why don't you just leave eh? Go running into my kitchen-or try- and apprarently you want to see what I got when yer not wanted in the kitchen. Have you not been to a bloody tavern? Leave. Now."
Filivum Springwing
 Halfling Sorcerer, 13 posts
 HP: 35/35, Ini: +3, AC:14
 Fort +2, Ref +4, Will +6
Mon 11 Oct 2021
at 16:53
Re: (IC) The Quest Begins!
"Alright, alright, we're leaving. I tell you, some people are too laced up for their own good." The halfling replies.

This message was last edited by the GM at 17:02, Mon 11 Oct 2021.

Dungeon Master
 GM, 890 posts
Mon 11 Oct 2021
at 17:08
Re: (IC) The Quest Begins!
"Yah need to bloody asked instead of wandering around like a lost puppy." The dwarves hands tensed up "Yeh need tak learned a lesson. Would yah want someone yah didn't know walkin' into yer home looking for food without asking? No." He wipes off his beard. He grumbles under his breath.

The rogue watches the two of them going at it and since he's not friends with either one, he leans against the wall watching. Once its dealt with, Sam steps in front of Haile and the cub like a protector. Just a simple nod to the angry dwarf before he steps out once everyone else leaves minus the dwarf.
Dreamljocht
 Elf Cleric, 98 posts
 HP 38/41; Init +4; AC 17
 Fort 5; Will 4; Reflex 7
Fri 15 Oct 2021
at 19:07
Re: (IC) The Quest Begins!
Dreamljocht looks a bit surprised when the dwarf reacts so hostike upon their walk to the kitchen: "You just asked where your comrads were? And we were to look in the kitchen for you, as we did see no one outside or in yet. But please, master dwarf, don't be angry; we'll stay away from your kitchen and you can look for yourself if your folk is there."