(IC) The Quest Begins!   Posted by Dungeon Master.Group: 0
Jemimwitt Haethy
 Halfling Cavalier, 17 posts
Mon 7 Jun 2021
at 23:03
Re: (IC) The Quest Begins!
"Makes sense to me. I'm pretty quiet myself, but I'm perfectly happy with a professional getting Muffins out."

Jemimwitt nodded ascent.
Sam Cascious
 Tiefling Rogue, 11 posts
Tue 8 Jun 2021
at 01:07
Re: (IC) The Quest Begins!
The rogue crosses his arms. He doesn't like this "Fine. I will see what I can find. Jem and Barae? Your the commotion." The rogue watches each of them, the bum starts to look over in the goblins lairs general area "Stop looking at me." His eyes dart to Halie.
Jemimwitt Haethy
 Halfling Cavalier, 18 posts
Wed 9 Jun 2021
at 02:22
Re: (IC) The Quest Begins!

Once the thief had stepped away from the party, Jemimwitt began stalking forward rapidly. He was moving quietly, but knew that it was a matter of how close he was going to get rather than WHETHER he got caught.

He walked with the dog whistle around his neck so that Muffins would know to head to him once the battle was on.

Once he'd stuck his blade into the bastards or if one of the goblins noticed him, he'd , Sam would have his distraction.

If the goblins were truly stupid, he might get up to them, but he didn't count on it.

Attempting steath, moving to the closest camp. Jemim will do this fast: he's not trying for infiltration or shoot them out of range, he's basically just trying to get to charge range before they notice him. 19:21, Today: Jemimwitt Haethy rolled 17 using 1d20+9 ((8)).

The second they noticed him, it was time to scream and charge.
Dreamljocht
 Elf Cleric, 33 posts
Wed 9 Jun 2021
at 07:05
Re: (IC) The Quest Begins!
When Sam has left the companions fot his task, Dreamljocht casts Bless on the remaining ones. Then he follows Jenimwitt, his scimitar in hand. As stealth is not really his strength, he blunders a bit more through the bushes than Haethy.

Bless fills your allies with courage. Each ally gains a +1 morale bonus on attack rolls and on saving throws against fear effects.

Dreamljocht rolled 8 using 1d20+2.  Stealth.

This message was last edited by the player at 06:25, Fri 11 June 2021.

Halie Delmenn
 Human Ranger, 39 posts
Fri 11 Jun 2021
at 02:51
Re: (IC) The Quest Begins!
"I will look where I wish thanks," she said curtly though smirking a bit. With a slight shake of her head and a chuckle, Halie unshouldered her bow and nocked an arrow, readying it. "Well let's get this started, eh?" she said to the others as she took aim at the lone goblin but not loosing the arrow until everyone was ready.
Dungeon Master
 GM, 715 posts
Fri 11 Jun 2021
at 14:11
Re: (IC) The Quest Begins!
Oddly the witch decides to stay back with the horses and cart. Sam stares at him, shaking his head as if aggrivated with the half-orc. Apparently he doesn't want to work with them. And he will probably die. So be it. The tielfling ponders as he slips into the underbrush and dissapears.

The cleric casts his spell as everyone else gets closer. Turning his head, he goes to grab a horn and looks like he is about to blow into it! The other two goblins draw their shortbows.

OOC
Halie if you want make a attack roll. No negatives. I assumed you stealthed up :) They definatly saw the cleric. Goblins by the cave are about 70' away. Goblin by the fire is about 30' away. They don't seem to see Jemm or Halie.

Sam got a 32 stealth. He doesn't even see himself lol!

Current group other then Sam:
Bless-Each ally gains a +1 morale bonus on attack rolls and on saving throws against fear effects.

Also: Initiative!

This message was last edited by the GM at 16:41, Fri 11 June 2021.

Dreamljocht
 Elf Cleric, 34 posts
Fri 11 Jun 2021
at 16:32
Re: (IC) The Quest Begins!
As soon as he is discovered by the goblins, he runs straight at the nearest ones, hacking with his scimitar as soon as he is close to the first one. On his last step, he stumbles over some roots, missing the goblin completely.

Dreamljocht rolled 21 using 1d20+4. Initiative.
Dreamljocht rolled 9 using 1d20+8. Attack with scimitar +1 (+bless).

Jemimwitt Haethy
 Halfling Cavalier, 19 posts
Fri 11 Jun 2021
at 17:16
Re: (IC) The Quest Begins!
Once the battle was on, Jemimwitt swiftily
charged one of the goblins and took a swing with hus his scimitar. He was not in the mood for banter or oaths at the moment.


10:13, Today: Jemimwitt Haethy rolled 13 using 1d20+8.  Roll to hit scimitar. 14 with bless, 16 if charge is possible.

Thats +1 to hit and +1 fear save for 2 minutes.

10:06, Today: Jemimwitt Haethy rolled 21 using 1d20+3.  Init

This message was last edited by the player at 17:18, Fri 11 June 2021.

Dungeon Master
 GM, 718 posts
Wed 16 Jun 2021
at 00:04
Re: (IC) The Quest Begins!
As the goblin is about to use the horn, it looks down as a blade comes from its back. The goblin looks dumbfounded and he goes to use the horn again just as a second blade sinks into the back of its throat into the horn! It gurgles as blood comes out of its mouth and from the end of the horn! It falls over as Sam stares at the group. He grabs his blades.

Dream moves towards the remaining two goblins trying to get their attention just as Jem charges up from behind him looking a bit out of breath but his blade hits one of the arms of the goblin.

The goblins attack the halfling but miss horribly.

Halie pops up from her spot, and fires off two arrows! One of them hits the goblin harmed and it falls to the ground with a arrow though its chest. The other is hit as well in its leg. It winces in pain!

The rogue moves towards the goblin and throws his kurki, hitting him in the chest. It falls as well! Sam motions for Halie to come over to him "You two remain here alright? We'll scout ahead." He glances at Halie, eyes narrowed "Keep staring."

OOC
Goblins area dead.

If checked for gear:
3 Shortswords for Small
3 Shortbows for Small
20 Arrows
3 Leather armor for Small
1 Bloodied Horn

Make a Perception Check

This message was last edited by the GM at 00:07, Wed 16 June 2021.

Jemimwitt Haethy
 Halfling Cavalier, 21 posts
Wed 16 Jun 2021
at 01:26
Re: (IC) The Quest Begins!
Jemimwitt considered arguing: he was pretty stealthy himself, but the rogue had proven his competence.

He simply nodded and cleaned his blade.


:25, Today: Davmop Zompubaros rolled 21 using 1d20+5 ((16)).

Dreamljocht
 Elf Cleric, 35 posts
Wed 16 Jun 2021
at 08:31
Re: (IC) The Quest Begins!
As the others show their competence, Dremljochts is somewhat embarrased by his failure to attack properly. He joins his companions at the dead goblins.

Dreamljocht rolled 19 using 1d20+6. Perception.
Dungeon Master
 GM, 720 posts
Thu 17 Jun 2021
at 00:09
Re: (IC) The Quest Begins!
The rogue and ranger are about to go inside but Sam stops and raises his hand up. His eyes narrow and he tries to see further inside. He glances at Halie "Wait here. I will not go far." He slips inside. After a few moments, the rogue steps back "There's six goblins, all around a campfire further in. Two cages as well but couldn't see and they were eating something." Sam grabs the bloodied horn "Can't see what made the sound but doesn't sound like a goblin." He holds the horn tightly "We wait, ambush whatever comes out after I blow it." THe rogue waits for anyone to disagree or agree. Sam glances around, within his bum garb.

This message was last edited by the GM at 00:11, Thu 17 June 2021.

Dreamljocht
 Elf Cleric, 36 posts
Sat 19 Jun 2021
at 06:39
Re: (IC) The Quest Begins!
'Looks like a good plan. Halie and I will meet head on what come to us, and you Sam, and Haety, will attack from the sides, if you all agree.' suggests Dreamljocht.
Jemimwitt Haethy
 Halfling Cavalier, 22 posts
Sat 19 Jun 2021
at 06:59
Re: (IC) The Quest Begins!
Jemimwitt gave a nod. He was not smiling at this point, his mood grim and resolved.

His rage was boiling, but he tried to temper it by repeating his knightly oaths in his head.
Dungeon Master
 GM, 722 posts
Sat 19 Jun 2021
at 19:27
Re: (IC) The Quest Begins!
The horn is used several times as the group scatters around the cave entrance near the forest. Six goblins start to head out but then a loud sound from behind them comes. A massive creature looms behind them and two of the goblins are slammed into the ground with a dull thud. Standing over them is a massive ten foot talk hulking humanoid with a nasty looking greatclub. He grunts and looks around, snorting.

Dove watches them from within the cave, seeing this brute come barreling from a size passage. Unfortunatly she isn't seen by the others who are outside.

But where is the dog? Is it dead? Elsewhere? In the belly of the goblins?

That remains to be seen!


Dove Laneri
 Aasimar Sorcerer, 6 posts
Sun 20 Jun 2021
at 00:16
Re: (IC) The Quest Begins!
Dove shifts as Stripe sneaks back into her leg as she considered the options. One route is safer, throwing an Acid splash over and over against the sealed door. The other is risking being stuck between the cage and the ground without most of her clothes or gear.

Dove has to admit, she's leaning towards the door just because of the consequence option of getting stuck. Albeit there is of course a third, to try to break the bottom of the cage rather then the door, she knows she has to act quickly. Or just set the cage on fire....

Reaching back she murmurs quickly and forms an Acid splash, hitting the sealed door entrance and then without caring about the acid she tries her best to force the door of the cage open.

17:13, Today: Dove Laneri rolled 23,3 using 1d20+5,1d3.  Acid Splash (RT on lock).
17:15, Today: Dove Laneri rolled 14 using 1d20.  Door Opening (Not sure if needed or what kind of roll but a base D20).
.

Dungeon Master
 GM, 726 posts
Sun 20 Jun 2021
at 14:06
Re: (IC) The Quest Begins!
The ranger pops up from the forest, bow draw! She fires twice at the ogre, one of them hitting its mark dead on in center mass! "Ogre! Don't get close! Take it down!"

06:54, Today: Dungeon Master, on behalf of Halie Delmenn, rolled 8 using 1d8+1.  Damage.
06:52, Today: Dungeon Master, on behalf of Halie Delmenn, rolled 13 using 1d20+5.  Rapid Shot 2.
06:51, Today: Dungeon Master, on behalf of Halie Delmenn, rolled 18 using 1d20+5.  Rapid Shot 1.
06:48, Today: Dungeon Master, on behalf of Halie Delmenn, rolled 26 using 1d20+6.  Knowledge (Nature).


Sam comes up from behind a boulder near the entrance. He pulls out his bow as well, aims and fires at the ogre as well! It hits between his shoulder blades and it growls loudly.

06:59, Today: Sam Cascious rolled 4 using 2d4.  Sneak Attack.
06:59, Today: Sam Cascious rolled 1 using 1d6.  Damage.
06:59, Today: Sam Cascious rolled 26 using 1d20+9.  Bow Attack.


Waiting on Dream and Jem
Dove
Dream
Halie
Jem
Sam
------------------------------
Ogre           ??/13
-AC 17
Goblins        ??/??
-AC 16

Dreamljocht
 Elf Cleric, 38 posts
Sun 20 Jun 2021
at 15:06
Re: (IC) The Quest Begins!
Dreamljocht casts Aid and touches Halie to gives her some extras. Then he changes his scimitar for his longbow.

Aid grants the target a +1 morale bonus on attack rolls and saves against fear effects, plus temporary hit points equal to 1d8 + caster level (to a maximum of 1d8+10 temporary hit points at caster level 10th).
Jemimwitt Haethy
 Halfling Cavalier, 24 posts
Wed 23 Jun 2021
at 22:43
Re: (IC) The Quest Begins!
He'd happily have reached for his sling, but his sling staff was on his saddle bags, and his daggers were well out of range.

So Scimitar would have to do.

Jemimwitt turned his stealthy move into a charge, raising his blade

"Face your doom, ogre!"

He rushed forward and slashed at the creature that had to be close to 20 times his weight, utterly heedless of the danger.

Swift Action to challenge the ogre and charge. I can't use the order bonus but I get the regular cavalier one.

15:41, Today: Jemimwitt Haethy rolled 11 using 1d4+7.
15:40, Today: Jemimwitt Haethy rolled 24 using 1d20+10.  Charge attack ogre.


He drew a slicing blow across the things legs as he moved to point blank with it, hitting harder than you'd expect from the diminutive sized cavalier.
Dungeon Master
 GM, 728 posts
Thu 24 Jun 2021
at 01:28
Re: (IC) The Quest Begins!
Getting hit by the halfing, the ranger and rogue-the ogre is angry! He looks down at the small Jem and raises his massive greatclub up and brings it down but he misses Jem!

All four of the goblins turn and seeing the cavalier charge, move to flank the ogre and start their beatdown on the halfling! Jem seems lucky as he is surrounded and only gets a single knick from one of the shortswords!
-Jem take 1 Damage

PM to Dove

Halie sees the cavalier surrounded! She fires two shots at the ogre and one of them hit its mark as Dream's spell aided her.
-Hit the Ogre for 9 damage

Sam gets behind the ogre, taking a deep breath! He sinks one of his kurki into the back of the Ogre. It stands there and falls to the ground hitting two of the goblins and splattering them on the ground!
-The Ogre is dead!

Ogre and 2 goblins are dead!

Waiting on Dove, Dream and Jem
Dove
Dream
Halie
Jem
Sam
------------------------------
Ogre           ??/54 DEAD
-AC 17
Goblins        ??/??
-AC 16

Jemimwitt Haethy
 Halfling Cavalier, 25 posts
Thu 24 Jun 2021
at 03:06
Re: (IC) The Quest Begins!
Jemimwitt screamed as he slashed at the goblins, flailing wildly with his scimitar and defending almost as fast with his shield, his anger and desire for justice clearly overriding any trepidation at the numbers.

20:00, Today: Jemimwitt Haethy rolled 5 using 1d4+3.  Scimitar on goblin.
20:00, Today: Jemimwitt Haethy rolled 19 using 1d20+7.  Scimitar on goblin.

Dreamljocht
 Elf Cleric, 39 posts
Thu 24 Jun 2021
at 06:45
Re: (IC) The Quest Begins!
Dreamljocht fires his longbow at the goblin that is the farrest away from the halfling. But because of the fry, he misses. Now that the ogre has fallen, the need for ranged attacks had diminshed, so he changes back to his scimitar before wading into battle.

Dreamljocht rolled 10 using 1d20+7. Attack with MW longbow.
Dove Laneri
 Aasimar Sorcerer, 7 posts
Thu 24 Jun 2021
at 08:38
Re: (IC) The Quest Begins!
Dove performs actions in the background; namely casting detect magic and gathering her things before the goblins and ogre get back.
Dungeon Master
 GM, 732 posts
Sun 27 Jun 2021
at 16:07
Re: (IC) The Quest Begins!
Between the entire group, the last two goblins are taken down. They know they don't stand a chance and are totally outnumbered. Wiping his blades upon the dead ogre, Sam glances at the others. He start to head inside, keeping his duel blades drawn.

Gear from the goblins and the ogre:
4 Short Swords (sized for Small)
4 Leather Armor (sized for Small)
4 Shortbows (sized for Small)
4 Quivers (20 Arrows/Each)
1 Hide Armor (sized for Large)
1 Greatclub (sized for Large)
2 Javelins (sized for Large)

No gold or jewels.

Halie Delmenn
 Human Ranger, 43 posts
Sun 27 Jun 2021
at 17:49
Re: (IC) The Quest Begins!
Halie looked through the gear but only took a quiver full of arrows. With everything seeming to calm somewhat, she turned to follow after Sam.