(IC) The Quest Begins!   Posted by Dungeon Master.Group: 0
Dungeon Master
 GM, 612 posts
Mon 12 Oct 2020
at 23:58
(IC) The Quest Begins!
https://cdna.artstation.com/p/...place.jpg?1439726948

Gathered together people of all ages young and old have gathered in the square. Several shops line the area. Some are buying and selling. Others are providing goods for the journey. Centered in the square are four guards surrounding a tent. No one enters and no one comes out. By the looks of the guards, each are well armed and armored its probably someone very important. Each guard is facing a different area-north, south, east and west. Neither move and seem routed to their spots. As you look around, and look up several more guards line the walls all are armed with crossbows and bows. Yet no one seems concerned. Several messages have gone out via pigeons and by messengers. Few had heeded the call. Most if not all browse the wares. Everyone seems content as the King made it known that a gathering was being called here in the marketplace. Sitting uptop some barrels is a messenger. He sits up, and coughs "Come one, come all to this establishment. Come one, come all to hear the message from the King and Queen!" He yells out, his halfling voice booming out probably due to some sort of magic. Several people walk over to listen to his tale. Many people arrive by the hour. A blacksmith slams his steel. Shoemaker fits several people. Weavers are working their wares. If its any interest, its being made and sold.

Zin'sim'sal Yellowscale
 Kobold Sorceror, 4 posts
 What are you even doing?
 My very best, thats what!
Wed 21 Oct 2020
at 11:34
(IC) The Quest Begins!
While the occasion really was more of a preperation, the atmosphere and the gathered stalls made it feel a bit like a country fair, and she'd always adored those. The golden minidragon wanders through the surroundings, checking her supplies for a moment before she decides to pick up some fresh food to have her belly full before she does anything else. Currently, she stands in front of someone's stall who is selling a recipe for some kind of skillet-cake made of things one can find in rations, to make travel more palatable, and giving out samples of it to those who buy, along with the general goods that they sell for all-purpose traveling needs. She listens to the bellowing voice however, keeping a little bit of her attention toward the messager in the meantime.
Sam Cascious
 Tiefling Rogue, 2 posts
Sat 24 Oct 2020
at 00:01
(IC) The Quest Begins!
Sitting near the halfling, Sam is standing against a wall. He's wearing a old cloak, somewhat ratty. The body is covered in dirt and grime and most stear clear of him. He watches the area, one of his eye is covered in a patch. The man looks human as well. Slowly, he hobbles around going from shop to shop but doesn't go inside. A few times with the amount of people around, he seems to blend in.
Dungeon Master
 GM, 624 posts
Sat 24 Oct 2020
at 20:21
(IC) The Quest Begins!
Several people are in their booth, but one stands out. A young woman is standing near a small wagon seeming to be alone. Several furs line it, reading to be sold. Some squirrels, two raccoons, two rats, two fox pelts as well as a single deer pelt are in the wagon. Some people walk by, some others seem interested and check on the two fox pelts. A older man, looking to be human walks up to it, rubbing his chin. He stands there, wearing nobility then checks out the raccoons but no one puts anything out if they are interested but some are seemingly interested.

OOC
Welcome to the game Haley.

Halie Delmenn
 Human Ranger, 14 posts
Sun 25 Oct 2020
at 17:29
(IC) The Quest Begins!
She stood there, offering any potential patron a smile and quick to answer any questions if needed. Otherwise, she was content to see if her wares would sell. Halie reached up, brushing back a red lock from her face and tucking it back behind her ear before taking a sip from her waterskin. The announcement had drawn her attention, that curiosity clear on her fair features.
Dungeon Master
 GM, 625 posts
Sun 25 Oct 2020
at 18:09
(IC) The Quest Begins!
The halfling repeats what he said before, trying to get more people to converge around the main marketplace. He glances over at the kobold and jumps up, wide-eyed as he spots her and stumbles almost off the boxes. One of the passerbyes grabs him to keep him from falling over and he nods a thanks to them. Righting himself, he keeps repeating what was said after a few moments.

The tiefling watches this for a moment, not moving for a time and leans against a wall near Haile's cart. Crossing his arms, the bum it appears watches as some people walk by. Some sit down near the king's area as if waiting.
Zin'sim'sal Yellowscale
 Kobold Sorceror, 5 posts
 What are you even doing?
 My very best, thats what!
Sun 25 Oct 2020
at 18:18
(IC) The Quest Begins!
Once she has gotten her travel cake... and some roasted meat... and some fried thing she can't quite recognize... and filled her travel mug with a bit of ale, the kobold moves herself a bit closer to the halfling, waiting in the central area around him for the news from the king and queen, quietly sipping at her beverage. Anyone who has kept an eye on her would probably be surprised at the sheer appetite that she displays, more something one would expect from a particularly large Human or a drunk Dwarf than someone of her diminutive stature. She rocks from foot to foot as she waits, humming something tuneless but with a nice rhythm as she does so.

This message had punctuation tweaked by the player at 18:18, Sun 25 Oct 2020.

Dungeon Master
 GM, 627 posts
Sat 31 Oct 2020
at 05:21
(IC) The Quest Begins!
Some of the guards set up in the main square surrounding a rather large tent. The halfling puts his hands up and in a odd voice louder then before he speaks probably with some sort of magic "Hush! Hush! Watch and listen to the King and Queen!"

Coming out of the tent is the King and Queen. Looking to be probably human, dressed in noble garb they raise their hands up as several of the townspeople go silent. Some look in awe and seem excited. The Queen speaks 'Welcome! I have a interesting quest for anyone willing to accept it. Wintermist was lost some time ago. We have sent messages and messangers to it but we have not heard back and we both feel for the worst. Anyone wishing to go there please step up! All whom wish not to, enjoy the parade and music! Enjoy the refreshment! If any questions, feel free to come forwards and we will do the best to answer! Once again have fun! May the blessings come to you." She smiles as her husband nods in agreement.

Shortly after they speak, night begins to form. Some people go to the tents holding the Queen and King. Soon, some of them leave, others continue to mingle and party. The guards light up lanterns and hang them uo providing needed light.

The guards near the tent move around, light up several fireworks and send them into the air!



The tiefling bum moves from the wall, mingling with the crowd and seems to dissapear amongst the crowd.

This message was last edited by the GM at 05:24, Sat 31 Oct 2020.

Zin'sim'sal Yellowscale
 Kobold Sorceror, 6 posts
 What are you even doing?
 My very best, thats what!
Sun 1 Nov 2020
at 13:40
(IC) The Quest Begins!
Zin certainly doesn't like the sound of that, when frontier towns or even cities go silent, it usually means some kind of natural disaster, or even worse some kind of unnatural disaster has struck them. Naturally, being the kind of person she is, she decides to make her way to the recruitment tent with the King and Queen, along with the rest of the folks who seem interested in the 'quest'. She is quiet for the moment, milling through the crowd in the way only a child-sized person can manage, and just listening to the conversations about the trek and what they'll be expected to do to help along the way... and if it comes up what the reward will be, selfless goodness is its own reward, but money buys more food!
Halie Delmenn
 Human Ranger, 15 posts
Mon 2 Nov 2020
at 03:48
(IC) The Quest Begins!
Halie had moved a little closer and listened quietly as the announcement was made, a frown coming to her lips as she considered the offer. At first, she turned as if she were just going to go back to her stall but hesitated. Inhaling deeply and letting it out slowly, Halie turned back to where the King and Queen had retreated. Steeling her courage in place, Halie made her way to their tent. “Excuse me…Halie Delmenn. I...I would like to offer my services to help though on their way to Wintermist. I am a good hunter and tracker…” she spoke confidently, sure of her skills.
Dungeon Master
 GM, 628 posts
Mon 2 Nov 2020
at 23:19
(IC) The Quest Begins!
The Queen and King sit within their confines of the tent but standing there before it is a massive man. He crosses his arms over his chest, a blade sheathed upon his back. As Halie and Zin approached, the Queen comes out standing behind the man. There is also several people interested in the quest, as well as the bum but he remains at the back pressing by a few others and seeming lost. He sits down, rubbing his shoulder.

Some of the other people approach as the Queen comes out. She speaks with some of them but they depart shortly afterwards "Shame. I can te...." Her eyes stop at the bum, and she goes back into the tent. Some other people come, just watching and talking. The fireworks continue to flight above, sending down bright blues, greens and other colors across the sky. When they steps aside, the bum is gone.

Afer a few moments, the Queen comes back out. She leans forwards and goes to gently place her hands upon Halie's shoulder "A tracker and hunter? Interesting. You are so young!" The Queen taps her hands "Yes I remeber. Your father did business in the past. How is he fairing? I miss our talks. Being a queen has its faults but good comes as well. Was that your cart I saw earlier? One with the deer? Perhaps we will buy it from you." The woman leans back and smiles, her eyes fall upon the kobold. Her eyes watch for a moment "So what can you provide?" She seems intrigued.

This message was last edited by the GM at 23:46, Mon 02 Nov 2020.

Ardis
 Half-Drow Gunslinger, 7 posts
Tue 3 Nov 2020
at 02:51
(IC) The Quest Begins!
Ardis had always preferred to travel at night, he'd had a bad season and the harvest wasn't going to be good. He'd left the service of his lord to go and find a fortune of his own, being here in the capital was something interesting. The sudden flashes of the fire works caught him off guard.

GODS! He truly hated his elven blood some days, watching the spectacle of fire works. He simply dismounted his horse and made his way, pulling he goggles over his eyes to ease some of the flashing. He'd heard the royal's call for people to undertake a quest. He thought for a moment and watched a young human woman come forward and say something.

The dark skinned elf walked carefully forward keeping his wide brimmed hat down low, "I'd be honoured to offer my servie to this mission as well your majesty."
Zin'sim'sal Yellowscale
 Kobold Sorceror, 8 posts
 What are you even doing?
 My very best, thats what!
Tue 3 Nov 2020
at 15:24
(IC) The Quest Begins!
The kobold is surprised to be noticed so quickly, usually even without trying to hide herself, Humans tend to overlook her, in the same fashion that they do Goblins or Halflings: unintntionally due to small size, that is.

She gives a quick bow to the Royals before she taps her chin thoughtfully, baring her fangs in a surprisingly amicable looking smile despite their sharpness. "I was born dragonblooded, so I can use magic." She conjures up a tiny whirl of sparkling motes in the palm of her hand (Prestidigitation) to prove this, then looses something between a thoughtful 'hmmm' and a low growl. "Mmmm... other than that I'm pretty keen-eyed I'm told, and I am a scholar of magical study as well as its active practice."
Dungeon Master
 GM, 630 posts
Sun 8 Nov 2020
at 03:03
(IC) The Quest Begins!
Tilting her head as the half-drow and kobold speak, she leans forwards "If I may ask, how good are you with that musket? Did it come naturally to you or were you trained? I ask a lot I know but with a dire mission, its something I must do. Of course you need not answer and I can assume you are very good with it." She looks at the kobold "A definatly interesting ability I must say. And a keen view on the arcana is vastly good." She leans back, glancing at her husband who is silent probably allowing her to choose. His eyes glance around, eyes narrowing upon the crowd as if looking for something or someone. Perhaps the bum but he seems to be gone. Several other nobles watch the gathering.
Halie Delmenn
 Human Ranger, 16 posts
Sun 8 Nov 2020
at 05:39
(IC) The Quest Begins!
My father is doing well. Stubborn and ornery like always,” Halie chuckled, reaching up and tucking a coppery red lock back behind her ear. Her hazel eyes shifted to the half drow, a brow raising as she regarded him and taking in his features. After giving him the once over, she looked to the kobold. This group was proving to be rather...interesting to say the least.
Zin'sim'sal Yellowscale
 Kobold Sorceror, 10 posts
 What are you even doing?
 My very best, thats what!
Thu 12 Nov 2020
at 19:01
(IC) The Quest Begins!
The kobold, for her own part, dips her head in a nod to the woman as she is looked at, before rummaging around in one of the side-pockets of her pack and pulling out a piece of jerky to gnaw at quietly. Waiting to see if anyone else presents themselves to be a part of this bizarre little cadre... the combination of skills definitely seems like they would be pretty survivable at least, people who can take care of themselves working together will be able to take care of a larger group, after all.
Dungeon Master
 GM, 634 posts
Sun 15 Nov 2020
at 15:54
(IC) The Quest Begins!
The gunslinger decides to not go on the quest and the Queen nods her head. She watches the ranger and sorceror "It seems what I had planned does not go as best as I feel. So, two of you want to depart? Come morning, horses will be provided and perhaps a covered cart. Of course for you, a mount will be given if needbe my friend." The Queen nods her head and smiles and the King fully agrees "I am glad he is doing alright and I am hoping to see him soon." Her eyes dart to the ranger.
Zin'sim'sal Yellowscale
 Kobold Sorceror, 12 posts
 What are you even doing?
 My very best, thats what!
Mon 23 Nov 2020
at 03:27
(IC) The Quest Begins!
"I'm good to go whenever, I don't really have anything to do but traveling, so traveling to help some folks is a step up from my usual aimless wandering. You never know what kind of interaction or event experiencing will make the dragonblood bubble up and get stronger." She shrugs her shoulders, thick tail swaying behind her like some cross between a cat and a crocodile.
Halie Delmenn
 Human Ranger, 17 posts
Mon 23 Nov 2020
at 07:06
(IC) The Quest Begins!
I have my own trusty steed,” Halie said with a bow of her head. Peto would be so sore with her if she were to leave him behind and take another, inferior breed. She chuckled softly thinking of the temperamental beast who, at times, seemed a little too over protective of her.
Dungeon Master
 GM, 640 posts
Sat 28 Nov 2020
at 01:49
(IC) The Quest Begins!
"Enjoy the festivities for the night. Enjoy yourself." The queen goes to gently place a token to each of them "These will provide most of what you need tonight-be it food, ale or wine. Just for the night. You will be given them free." The king, goes to gently place a hand over their shoulders, smiling "Go on now. Come morning, you will be provided with what you need. And my friend do not let the dragonblood get the better of you alright? I have known several people who have it." The man smiles and leans back. The queen leans forwards and looks at Halie "Sell what you can. Anything not sold I will personally buy, you have my word. You two should bond. It will be a long journey."
Zin'sim'sal Yellowscale
 Kobold Sorceror, 15 posts
 What are you even doing?
 My very best, thats what!
Sat 28 Nov 2020
at 17:32
(IC) The Quest Begins!
"It's ok! I don't think my dragon-blood is the evil kind... probably why I am this color, it mostly just makes me hungry all the time." She pauses for a moment, and then smiles, a broad, fanged grin that comes off as almost innocent, or at the very least playfully full of mirth. "Maybe I'll get lucky and some day all of this food will make me actually get bigger instead of just giving me watermelon-crushing thighs." She's always been mildly frustrated by her diminutive stature, not because of any kind of inferiority but simply because it makes it harder to reach things... and it makes her travel slower to boot. "I'll have to trouble you for a horse to keep up with everyone else, on that note... I'm not terribly good at riding but I'm sure I'll figure out how to fake it at some point along the way!"
Halie Delmenn
 Human Ranger, 19 posts
Sun 6 Dec 2020
at 21:42
(IC) The Quest Begins!
Halie merely nodded to the Queen, a soft smile on her lips as she pocketed the token. With a bit of a sigh, she turned to head back to her cart, figuring that they could start to get to know each other when she was done with her work. Hazel eyes darted around, taking in the people that milled about.
Dungeon Master
 GM, 642 posts
Sat 12 Dec 2020
at 22:38
(IC) The Quest Begins!
The night passes and everyone seems to enjoy the night. A queens guard after the night comes to a end motions to two rooms in a small in all payed for by the Queen. They are given anything they wish.

Come morning, they are escorted out to the stables. A covered wagon with two horses are set for them and a small ram is brought in for the kobold. The wagon has enough food for a weeks worth. Halie is informed by the Queen that her cart and all within it has been purchesed and the money sent to her father plus a bit more.

Sitting on the wagon crosslegged is the odd bum. He doesn't look up, hiding his face and the guards pay him little attention.

The kobold and huma are told to head north along the road and keep following it. They are provided some information but the exact location is unknown just to head north. A map is provided but to shows mountain to the far north with a road leading towards it but it stops.
Halie Delmenn
 Human Ranger, 20 posts
Sun 13 Dec 2020
at 06:06
(IC) The Quest Begins!
Halie had moved to retrieve Peto, her horse and guided him to the cart. Seeing the other two horses gave her pause and she looked to the kobold. "Who...is going to drive the cart?"
Zin'sim'sal Yellowscale
 Kobold Sorceror, 16 posts
 What are you even doing?
 My very best, thats what!
Sun 13 Dec 2020
at 08:07
(IC) The Quest Begins!
"I... do not know. Perhaps they have someone to drive the wagon themselves? It didn't seem like they were intending for us to do it" She frowned as best someone with a snout can, and rubbed her chin thoughtfully, checking out the ram they'd provided for her, she'd never seen a riding-trained ovid before, and the idea was kind of neat to her.
Dungeon Master
 GM, 643 posts
Sat 19 Dec 2020
at 23:46
(IC) The Quest Begins!
The bum who is sitting at the drivers seat watches the two of the talk about who will take the lead and sit up front who is holding the reigns. He doesn't intervene, watching. The bum gets the horses moving slightly.

Peto glances around, stomping the ground. And the ram gets ready to be rode but when the kobold gets onto it, it bucks around and gets the lass to fall to the ground in a heap.

A chuckle comes from the bum as he looks down over the side at the fallen kobold.
Halie Delmenn
 Human Ranger, 21 posts
Sat 26 Dec 2020
at 04:44
(IC) The Quest Begins!
"Well I suppose that answers that...who are you?" she asked, giving the bum a suspicious look before mounting up with a well practiced ease. Being in the saddle was second nature and sometimes, a preferred.
Zin'sim'sal Yellowscale
 Kobold Sorceror, 17 posts
 What are you even doing?
 My very best, thats what!
Thu 31 Dec 2020
at 19:55
(IC) The Quest Begins!
The kobold grumbles and is deeply tempted to bite the ram on the face to establish dominance in a primal way, but gets up and brushes herself off instead, struggling not to bare her fangs in a snarl but working them up into an effort-intensive smile instead before she mounts up the creature more carefully.
Dreamljocht
 Elf Cleric, 2 posts
Fri 8 Jan 2021
at 11:04
(IC) The Quest Begins!
The door to the stables opens and a newcomer enters. A tall and lean elf in the colours and with the holy symbol of a priest of Sarenrae. His blond hair and blue eyes matches quite well with  the blue and white gear. At his belt hangs a scimitar and over his shoulder a good longbow. With a friendly smile he turns to the persons near the wagon: "I was told I could find here the company that will travel to Wintermist. I like to join you in your quest, if you would have me. My name is Dreamljocht."
Sam Cascious
 Tiefling Rogue, 4 posts
Wed 13 Jan 2021
at 20:30
(IC) The Quest Begins!
"Cas." The bum looks down at the ranger, wiping some dirt from his chin. He shifts in his seat upon the wagon, holding the stirrups. The eyes then meet the cleric. Sam watches him for a moment and shrugs.
Dreamljocht
 Elf Cleric, 3 posts
Wed 13 Jan 2021
at 23:42
(IC) The Quest Begins!
"Hello Cas," answers the cleric, meeting the eyes of the driver and noticing his shrug. As he usually tries not to leasn on a first impression, he is only curious right now abot the driver.
Zin'sim'sal Yellowscale
 Kobold Sorceror, 18 posts
 What are you even doing?
 My very best, thats what!
Wed 13 Jan 2021
at 23:53
(IC) The Quest Begins!
"That is... a mouthful. I'm Zin'sim'sal but everybody calls me Zin because that takes too long to say in a fight." Is that the sort of name an Elf has? She wouldn't know, but it was certainly a curious thing nonetheless. She looked over the newcomer for a moment, then turned her attention back to the road they were about to travel.
Dreamljocht
 Elf Cleric, 4 posts
Thu 14 Jan 2021
at 12:38
(IC) The Quest Begins!
"When in a fight I listen to 'Dream' too, or even to 'elf' if the need is there."
Interesting companionship, he thinks, but once again he waits for a more definite opinion till his companions have shown their colors: no one can be judged by his race alone.
Halie Delmenn
 Human Ranger, 22 posts
Fri 15 Jan 2021
at 14:37
(IC) The Quest Begins!
"Well met Dream...and Cas...Halie Delmenn and this is Peto. He's combat trained so...if he bites..." she gave a shrug. Reaching up, she tucked a copper colored lock back behind her ear as she regarded this strange group. "Well...does everyone have everything they need?"
Dreamljocht
 Elf Cleric, 5 posts
Fri 15 Jan 2021
at 16:48
(IC) The Quest Begins!
"Hello Halie, and Peto. I have all I need. I'm used to travel light and on foot, so this looks like a luxury ride." The elf walks up to the wagon, throwing his meager possessions in the back, but keeping his bow over his shoulder. "I have learned to keep my weapons at hand whereever I go.It's much harder to replace a very good longbow or scimitar than ones common gear," he explains, unasked.

This message was last edited by the player at 17:14, Fri 15 Jan 2021.

Halie Delmenn
 Human Ranger, 23 posts
Sat 16 Jan 2021
at 04:48
(IC) The Quest Begins!
"That is a hard lesson to learn I suppose...I was always taught to keep them at my side...but then again, such is the way of a hunter and trapper." She gave a small shrug and once everyone gave the indication that they were ready, Halie would lead the team out of the stables and mount up.
Zin'sim'sal Yellowscale
 Kobold Sorceror, 19 posts
 What are you even doing?
 My very best, thats what!
Sat 16 Jan 2021
at 09:05
(IC) The Quest Begins!
"Claws and teeth are harder to lose, but I do always keep my tail-spike on hand in case it's gonna be one of those kind of days." She gestures forward toward nothing in particular, indicating she's perfectly ready to go as well.
Dreamljocht
 Elf Cleric, 6 posts
Fri 22 Jan 2021
at 23:28
(IC) The Quest Begins!
Let's go, we'll see what this adventure will bring us." and Dreamljocht falls in step with his newfound companions. He is curious what the future will bring, and sends a silent prayer to his goddess for guidance.
Dungeon Master
 GM, 647 posts
Mon 1 Feb 2021
at 00:39
(IC) The Quest Begins!
Silence comes from the bum leading the wagon. Cas stares at each of them, but not a typical look. Perhaps of curiousity. Maybe sizing them up. Hard to tell. He grips the reins, whistles and they start to head out of the stables followed by the sorceror and ranger. The cleric is offered a ride as he has no mount next to the rogue.

Soon they are outside the gates, leading them along a well used road to the north. Sam just goes back to staring out front silently.
Dreamljocht
 Elf Cleric, 7 posts
Mon 1 Feb 2021
at 22:13
(IC) The Quest Begins!
Dreamljocht climbs the wagon and takes his place next to Cas. When they are on their way on the road north, he asks first Cas: "Have you been up north before, or is the region new for you too?"

When they have their first stop on the road, he asks Halie and Zin the same question, adding: "I hail more from the south, this region is new for me and I like to learn a bit before we reach our goal."
Halie Delmenn
 Human Ranger, 24 posts
Wed 3 Feb 2021
at 00:19
(IC) The Quest Begins!
When they had finally came to a stop, Halie checked Peto over before moving to the others. If a fire was in need...she would set about lighting one. "I've never been myself..." she answered honestly, glancing up to the elf. "I am just a hunter/trapper though so that should help with our survival."
Zin'sim'sal Yellowscale
 Kobold Sorceror, 20 posts
 What are you even doing?
 My very best, thats what!
Wed 3 Feb 2021
at 22:17
(IC) The Quest Begins!
"I can't say as I have, I've travelled a lot, but never this far in this direction. I'm looking forward to the experience, even if I wager I will wish my natural resistances were more toward cold than heat before long." She shrugs her shoulders, baring her tiny dragon-fangs in a broad smile. "But hey, it'll be something new, and that's the whole reason to travel."
Dreamljocht
 Elf Cleric, 8 posts
Tue 9 Feb 2021
at 11:45
(IC) The Quest Begins!
Dreamljocht grins when he hears Zin's comment on the expected cold. "I traveled only in warmer areas as well, so it will be a first for me too. But new is always interesting and challenging, so I'm curious waht the future will bring and what we will encounter in Wintermist" And he turns to Halie: "We will perhaps miss the furs you sold at the market!"
Dungeon Master
 GM, 649 posts
Fri 19 Feb 2021
at 00:23
(IC) The Quest Begins!
About a hour or two pass as the others begin to know eachother other them Sam. He is just quiet, seeming to be calm but who knows and glances around into the forest at times. Everything seems to be quiet save the forest sounds which are normal.
Halie Delmenn
 Human Ranger, 25 posts
Fri 19 Feb 2021
at 03:54
(IC) The Quest Begins!
"With enough time, I could get us some more furs," Halie said with a slight smile. "The cold is pretty normal for me." Noting Sam's quietness she looked to him. "And what of you?"
Dreamljocht
 Elf Cleric, 9 posts
Fri 19 Feb 2021
at 07:21
(IC) The Quest Begins!
As they move on, the stress of the last couple of days, to reach the quest in time, takes his toll on Dreamljocht. He is not as attentive to the surroundings as usual, almost lulled in sleep by the monotonous sound of the horses.

Dreamljocht rolled 8 using 1d20+6. Perception-check.
Zin'sim'sal Yellowscale
 Kobold Sorceror, 21 posts
 What are you even doing?
 My very best, thats what!
Wed 24 Feb 2021
at 02:59
(IC) The Quest Begins!
Zin is, as she often is, lost in her own head thinking about food and magic, the two subjects that seem to run amok in her mind constantly.

Zin'sim'sal Yellowscale rolled 8 using 1d20+6.  Perception.
Dungeon Master
 GM, 657 posts
Fri 5 Mar 2021
at 01:13
(IC) The Quest Begins!
The rogue adjusts the reigns as he pulls it forwards but then stops it. He raises a hand up and presses it to his lips as if telling the others to be quiet. He slips down from the cart, moving around it and motions further up the road before slipping off into the woods.
Dreamljocht
 Elf Cleric, 11 posts
Sat 6 Mar 2021
at 23:22
(IC) The Quest Begins!
Dreamljocht slips down the cart as well. He takes his longbow and nocks an arrow, while he continues to search the way ahead where their silent friend probably has seen something.
Halie Delmenn
 Human Ranger, 28 posts
Wed 10 Mar 2021
at 19:46
(IC) The Quest Begins!
She quirked a brow when Sam did not answer her and just shook her head, going back to looking around at their surroundings.


11:43, Today: Halie Delmenn rolled 27 using 1d20+9 ((18)).
Zin'sim'sal Yellowscale
 Kobold Sorceror, 23 posts
 What are you even doing?
 My very best, thats what!
Wed 10 Mar 2021
at 23:47
(IC) The Quest Begins!
With the group readying up, Zin turns her attention toward the direction the others are looking. Though she seems not to prepare herself, in truth she is preparing to use her magical abilities, in case something needs to be immolated in the immediate future.
Dungeon Master
 GM, 659 posts
Thu 18 Mar 2021
at 08:06
(IC) The Quest Begins!
Stepping out of the woodlands, a goblin with a bow raised up at the wagon speaks about 30' away "Drop the weapons." Several more goblins flank the wagon from all sides-6 in total all with bows aimed at the group "We want them. Armor too and whatever is in the cart."

Where is Sam?
Dreamljocht
 Elf Cleric, 12 posts
Sun 21 Mar 2021
at 11:18
(IC) The Quest Begins!
As soon as the goblins come out of the woods and one hails the company, Dreamljocht lets loose his arrow, aimed at the one hailing. Then he drops his bow and starts to run at the nearest goblin, not in a straight line but twisting left and right to make it harder to be shot at. He tries to keep the wagon between him and at least some of the goblins to get some protection this way.

==============


Dreamljocht rolled 22 using 1d20+4. Initiative.
Dreamljocht rolled 25 using 1d20+7. Attack with mw longbow
Dreamljocht rolled 3 using 1d8. Damage with mw longbow.

This message was last edited by the player at 17:17, Sun 21 Mar 2021.

Sam Cascious
 Tiefling Rogue, 5 posts
Sun 21 Mar 2021
at 17:43
(IC) The Quest Begins!
Coming out of the woods behind the head goblin, the bum oddly moves very fast. He swings a odd blade in a upward fashion towards the back of the goblin, sinking into it. It lets out a gurgling sound but remains alive.

OOC
15 Initiative

10:39, Today: Secret Roll: Dungeon Master rolled 9 using 2d8.

10:38, Today: Secret Roll: Dungeon Master rolled 19 using 3d4+12.

10:33, Today: Secret Roll: Dungeon Master rolled 25 using 1d20+10.

Zin'sim'sal Yellowscale
 Kobold Sorceror, 24 posts
 What are you even doing?
 My very best, thats what!
Thu 25 Mar 2021
at 03:43
(IC) The Quest Begins!
Moving her hands in a few strange gestures and following them up with something rasped in draconic, the kobold picks one of the outlying Goblins and snaps her fingers, causing their weapon to spontaneously erupt in a short-lived burst of flames.

OOC

22:41, Today: Zin'sim'sal Yellowscale rolled 11 using 4d4+4.  Burning Disarm damage.

Reflex DC to drop the weapon and take no damage instead is 16

Dungeon Master
 GM, 666 posts
Sat 27 Mar 2021
at 19:45
(IC) The Quest Begins!
The cleric fires his arrow, hitting the leader on his shoulder. He drops the bow and moves towards him, drawing his scimitar.

In response, the goblins start to fire! Two arrows fly at Zin! One of them hit his leg! Two more fly at Halie! The last two are fired by one of the goblins and his leader! The goblin arrow misses but the leader one hits and looks like he's got a better bow!
Zin take 3 Damage
Halie take 3 Damage
Dream take 4 damage


Sam rushes out of the wilderness, pulling out a strange dagger. He slams it into the goblin leaders, with a sickening thud! It falls to the ground.

Halie fires at a goblin! The arrow hits it and it drops the creature!

Zin uses a spell and another goblin goes into flames and falls!

Group is up
Dreamljocht (22)
4 damage
----------------------------------------------
Goblins (--)
*Held actions
3 Goblins
1 Goblin Leader-Possibly Dead
----------------------------------------------
Sam         (15)
Halie       (10)
3 damage
Zin         (04)
3 damage

Dreamljocht
 Elf Cleric, 14 posts
Thu 1 Apr 2021
at 16:34
(IC) The Quest Begins!
As one arrow hits Dreamljocht in his left arm, he winces as the pain enters his brain. But even with the pain, that he has learnd to endure in a fight for a short time, he foloows up on his action. He aims his run at the nearest living goblin and in his run he draws his scimitar.
When he reaches the goblin, he swings his scimitar at the creature. He hits the critter and wounds it deep.

Dreamljocht rolled 23 using 1d20+7. Attack with scimitar.
Dreamljocht rolled 7 using 1d6+3. Damage with scimitar.

This message was last edited by the player at 06:36, Fri 02 Apr 2021.

Halie Delmenn
 Human Ranger, 29 posts
Fri 2 Apr 2021
at 05:04
(IC) The Quest Begins!
Halie frowned deeply and nocked another arrow, only very subtly wincing from the arrow. She took a bead on one of the goblins and let her arrow fly.


23:03, Today: Halie Delmenn rolled 13 using 1d20+7.  Attack: Longbow.
23:04, Today: Halie Delmenn rolled 7 using 1d8+1.  Damage: Longbow.

Zin'sim'sal Yellowscale
 Kobold Sorceror, 25 posts
 What are you even doing?
 My very best, thats what!
Fri 2 Apr 2021
at 16:35
(IC) The Quest Begins!
The kobold swears in Draconic, and then fires off a quick spell, sending a pair of magical bolts careening violently into the least-injured Goblin she can see, clearly irritated at the damage she has now taken.


11:34, Today: Zin'sim'sal Yellowscale rolled 8 using 2d4+2.  Magic Missile damage.

Dungeon Master
 GM, 668 posts
Sat 3 Apr 2021
at 00:06
(IC) The Quest Begins!
Gripping his scimitar, the cleric moves and attacks the closest goblin! He strikes his mark but it remains standing barely as its cut across its belly!

Two of the goblins fire! One arrow flies at Halie and the other flies at Sam! They miss! The one that the cleric attacks drops his bow, pulls out his sword and strikes at Dream hitting him!

Dream take 4 damage


Turning towards the cleric and goblin, he is able to flank the creature and puts his kurki along its back. The goblin stands there, blood coming down his face and he falls down dead.

Halie fires at a goblin again! The arrow hits it just as the sorceror casts its spell. Both the arrow and missile hit its mark and another goblin falls!

Group is up
Damage is done total

Dreamljocht (22)
8 damage
----------------------------------------------
Goblins (--) 6 goblins total, 5 are dead
1 Goblins
1 Goblin Leader-Possibly Dead
----------------------------------------------
Sam         (15)
Halie       (10)
3 damage
Zin         (04)
3 damage

This message was last edited by the GM at 12:00, Sat 03 Apr 2021.

Dreamljocht
 Elf Cleric, 15 posts
Sat 3 Apr 2021
at 18:45
(IC) The Quest Begins!
Dreamljocht grunts again when the goblin hits him with his sword: a bleeding cut on his forhead is not very deep, but it stings and the blood drips in his eyes, making it hard to see his enemy even so close.

He swings his scimitar again, and even without good sight, he feels the blade biting in some flesh again and he hears the scream and gurgle of the goblin opposing him.

Dreamljocht rolled 4 using 1d6+3. Samage with scimitar.
Dreamljocht rolled 20 using 1d20+7. Attack with scimitar.

Dungeon Master
 GM, 669 posts
Sun 4 Apr 2021
at 01:03
(IC) The Quest Begins!
Yelping in pain, the goblin swings his sword out after it drops its bow and misses! Sam swiftly finishes the job. He steps back, sheathing his twin blades. The rogue waits, glancing around. He moves towards Halie but doesn't say a word.

Scattered around are the following gear (all are made for Small creatures):
05 Leather Armor
01 Chain Shirt (Masterwork)
05 Short Swords
05 Short Bows
05 +1 Arrow Bane Arrows (Can be used as normal)
02 Cure Light Wounds Potions
01 Short Bow (Masterwork)
01 Spear
-- Several arrows w/Quivers (x6)
30 Gold

Dreamljocht
 Elf Cleric, 16 posts
Tue 6 Apr 2021
at 16:25
(IC) The Quest Begins!
As the last goblin drops, an eery silence washes over the place of the ambush, Dreamljocht takes an old rag from one of his pouches and whipes his scimitar clean wipes the blood out of his eyes.
When everyone is back near the cart and horses again he checks everyones wounds. "Come a bit closer," he asks his companions. While touching his holy symbol, he speaks a short prayer to Sarenrae and every wounded companion feels a wave of positive energy washing over him or her, healing at least part of the wounds

Channel positive energy: heals 2d6 damage for every injured member (Will save DC 13)
Dreamljocht rolled 8 using 2d6. Posiitive (healing) energy.

This message was last edited by the player at 17:29, Tue 06 Apr 2021.

Zin'sim'sal Yellowscale
 Kobold Sorceror, 26 posts
 What are you even doing?
 My very best, thats what!
Tue 6 Apr 2021
at 23:20
(IC) The Quest Begins!
"...So that happened."
The kobold shrugs her shoulders, she only took a minor wound thanks to her scaly hide,  but an injury is an injury nonetheless. She tips her head to the side quizzically as the positive energy is channeled, never having seen such a thing before. "Oh, that's a neat kind of magic. I'd heard of it but never experienced it before. Thank you."
Halie Delmenn
 Human Ranger, 30 posts
Fri 9 Apr 2021
at 05:39
(IC) The Quest Begins!
Halie’s wounds didn’t really seem that bad but she moved closer to the elf, feeling those healing energies wash over her. “Thank you,” she said quietly before turning those hazel eyes towards Sam. “So you do have some skills...” She gave an appreciative nod, hiding a bit of a smirk.
Dreamljocht
 Elf Cleric, 17 posts
Fri 9 Apr 2021
at 22:16
(IC) The Quest Begins!
Dreamljocht looks over the collected gear from the goblins. The potions he recognizes easily as healing potions, very usefull for their small group. The special arrows take some more time. As they are probably magic in nature, he uses his spellcraft to see what he can learn more about them.
The gold he splits: for everyone 7,5 gold.
"Glad we have the cart: usefull to transport all this gear: at least the masterwork items could bring in some money."

Dreamljocht rolled 23 using 1d20+7. Spellcraft (+2 for elven abilitie to identify magical objects).
Dungeon Master
 GM, 671 posts
Sat 10 Apr 2021
at 11:51
(IC) The Quest Begins!
Sam watches Halie and tilts his head. For a moment he seems lost in the hazel eyes but quickly shrugs it off. He sheathes the weapons and starts to gathering up the gear and placing it into the wagon after any weapons or armor is taken by the group. He holds out the magical arrows and goes to pull the bodies to the side of the road 'Hide them." No emotion. He takes the money and pockets it, nodding his head towards the cleric after he is healed.

Unfortunatly, the kobold found this to be too much and it bows his head "I will return to town and let the King know. They could be in danger!" With that said she gets up onto her ram and departs.

I'll say 8 gold per person.
Cart( (sized for small creatures minus the arrows)
05 Leather Armor
01 Chain Shirt (Masterwork)
05 Short Swords
05 Short Bows
05 +1 Arrow Bane Arrows-Animal (Can be used as normal)
*Halie
02 Cure Light Wounds Potions
01 Short Bow (Masterwork)
01 Spear
-- Several arrows w/Quivers (x6)

This message was last edited by the GM at 23:42, Fri 16 Apr 2021.

Dreamljocht
 Elf Cleric, 19 posts
Sun 18 Apr 2021
at 20:49
(IC) The Quest Begins!
"I'll caary the healing potions; all other equipment can be divided or sold when we see a merchant or on our return." Dreamljocht places the potions in his backpack.
When the sorcerer departs, he is a bit troubled: their party is becoming small and vulnerable. Working without a magician could become a problem too, but for now they have to go on.
T0 his remaining companions he remarks: "We have to look for some adventurers to strengthen our party soon."
Sam Cascious
 Tiefling Rogue, 6 posts
Mon 19 Apr 2021
at 12:48
(IC) The Quest Begins!
The rogue seems to ignore the cleric but its hard to tell. He sits, watching the area. Sam climbs down and moves towards the horses that seem to pull away from him for some strange reason. No matter what he does they watch him. One snorts a few times. He gets back up on the wagon, waiting. The man looks down at Bella, a serious look on his face "I got skills...yes." He holds out the magical arrows found on the goblins.
Halie Delmenn
 Human Ranger, 31 posts
Fri 23 Apr 2021
at 05:50
(IC) The Quest Begins!
She raised a brow but didn't go any further with the conversation. Instead, she looked to Dream. "I'd like to carry one of the potions just in case you are unable to get to me and I am wounded. As to our party...well, not everyone has the stomach to be an adventurer so...I suppose it is what it is. Just don't go picking a fight with everyone." There was some mirth in her tone but otherwise, the small group didn't seem to bother her too much. Solitude had been something like an old friend to her. She took the arrows from Sam with a nod of thanks and placed them into her hip quiver.

This message was last edited by the player at 05:51, Fri 23 Apr 2021.

Dungeon Master
 GM, 681 posts
Sat 24 Apr 2021
at 23:04
(IC) The Quest Begins!
After the exchange of Sam and Haile, perhaps the exchange of the cleric as well Sam nudges the horses forwards after retaking his spot and everyone is ready to go. Sam makes sure all the bodies are removed with the help of the others probably. They slowly start to move forwards as someone approaches! The tielfling curses, still in his human bum guise and stops. His eyes narrow as what appears to be a corgi comes racing up to them with a armed creature upon it! It seems the king has sent someone else. Or its a goblin in disguise with a worg!

OOC
In walks the halfling....

Dreamljocht
 Elf Cleric, 20 posts
Sun 25 Apr 2021
at 09:45
(IC) The Quest Begins!
On Halie's request Dreamljocht hands her one of the healing potions. He assists Sam with the removal of the dead, wishing them peace in their afterlife.

On the sound of an approching animal he turns and looks at the upcoming mount and rider.
Jemimwitt Haethy
 Halfling Cavalier, 4 posts
Sun 25 Apr 2021
at 15:10
(IC) The Quest Begins!
The halfling took on the scene and smiled,  seeing no malice in the adventurers. He kept his hands well away from his many weapons, including a halfling war staff and a sling. Though he did carry a shield.

"Hail, travelers.

My steed detected signs of battle and was most adamant we investigate, and of course

I'm happy to offer assistance, but it looks like you are in little need of that. Good job!

I am Sir Jemimwitt Haethy, Order of The Sword, at your service. This is my loyal steed, Muffins."


The dire corgi wagged its bushy tail at mention of it's own name. It still wasn't sure what to think of the adventuerers yet, and was clearly smelling the goblin blood.

This message was last edited by the player at 15:14, Sun 25 Apr 2021.

Sam Cascious
 Tiefling Rogue, 7 posts
Wed 28 Apr 2021
at 13:35
(IC) The Quest Begins!
The tielfling watches the halfling talk. And talk. And it keeps talking. His eyes narrow, and he coughs a few times, wiping his mouth with his sleeve. The bum, looks over at the mount. Muffins? He just stares at the halfling, perhaps sizing him up. Or downsizing him! No malice? Is he serious? Sam is full of malice. Well sort of. No. He's not.
Dreamljocht
 Elf Cleric, 22 posts
Wed 28 Apr 2021
at 19:22
(IC) The Quest Begins!
Dreamljocht eyes the newcomer with some curiosity. This would be an interesting addition to their small companionship. "Order of the sword, no less," he says. "To which lord or lady have you sworn your service? The same who have sent us on this quest?"
He extends his hand to welcome the newcomer with a firm handshake. "Dreamljocht is my name, and as you can probably see, I'm a cleric of Sarenrae."
Jemimwitt Haethy
 Halfling Cavalier, 5 posts
Wed 28 Apr 2021
at 21:29
(IC) The Quest Begins!
Muffins cocked it's head and looked at Sam curiously, trying to figure him out.

Haethy's smile became warmer at the mention that Dreamljocht was a cleric of Sarenrae. He'd been looking more for marital threats than holy symbols, so he hadn't noticed.

"A pleasure, Dreamljocht. I hope I don't need your services, but I'm certainly glad to have the company of a cleric.

I enjoy life on the road a bit too much for that. I'm a knight errant. Squired and knighted by Sir Randy the Warden.

If the cause is just and you need a lance, I, of course, will assist you.






(OOC Swapping to a text color other people aren't using.)
*

Halie Delmenn
 Human Ranger, 32 posts
Sat 1 May 2021
at 05:04
(IC) The Quest Begins!
Halie looked between to the two holy people and then glanced back to Sam. At least it was more bodies to help protect. "Right...well let us be on our way..." she said flatly, having hoped to be a bit further in their travels but the fight did not help.
Dungeon Master
 GM, 686 posts
Thu 6 May 2021
at 23:22
(IC) The Quest Begins!
The rogue stares at the ranger, eyes narrowed but he then turns towards the horses and gets them started. He glances at the cavalier, perhaps not trusting him course he doesn't seem to trust anyone least for now.

With everyone ready to go, the cart starts to move. Nothing happens for quite some time. The dog doesn't pick up on anything and everyone seems relatively calm and collected. Soon night begins to fall and further up another path unfolds but this one doesn't seem to be used often and there's enough room for the horses and cart to sit and rest. Sam stops the horses and points at the junction "Should rest there. Check the path tonight or tommorow. Agree?"
Jemimwitt Haethy
 Halfling Cavalier, 6 posts
Thu 6 May 2021
at 23:30
(IC) The Quest Begins!
"Sounds good to me!"

He and Muffins examined the camp a bit, Muffins sniffing here and there and Jemimwitt examining spoor for any likely signs of nearby predators (be they beast or malevolent).

16:51, Today: Jemimwitt Haethy rolled 5 using 1d20+4 ((1)).

This message was last edited by the player at 23:52, Thu 06 May 2021.

Dungeon Master
 GM, 689 posts
Fri 14 May 2021
at 13:23
(IC) The Quest Begins!
With the wagon in the center as well as the horses being watered and fed, its a quiet night. Sam sits on the wagon, looking out over the area. He is silent as he looks around, eyes narrowed as if expecting danger. His body shifts slightly, the bum looking drab and grey. He glances down at the others. The corgi and cavalier start to patrol the area but remain close. It starts to get colder but not unbearable.

OOC
Need a Perception check other then the cavalier if looking around.

Dreamljocht
 Elf Cleric, 23 posts
Fri 14 May 2021
at 16:48
(IC) The Quest Begins!
When the companions are sttled on their spot for the night, Dreamljocht walks around the perimeter of tghe camp. Usually it would have been the first thing to do , but he had seen Jemimwith and his companion doing it already, so he takes his time.
He walks for some minutes in an ever widening spiral path around the site, before he joins his companions again, starting to make a meal for all.After the meal he sits on the spot where his gear is, to meditate for some time.

Dreamljocht rolled 10 using 1d20+6. Perception.
Dungeon Master
 GM, 690 posts
Fri 14 May 2021
at 17:14
(IC) The Quest Begins!
The rogue stares out into the wilderness as if he sees something. His eyes narrow and he drops down near the group.

"...I feel we are being watched." He whispers.

The dog stares to growl with the halfling upon his back out in the woods.

13:11, Today: Sam Cascious rolled 24 using 1d20+9.  Perception.
Jemimwitt Haethy
 Halfling Cavalier, 7 posts
Fri 14 May 2021
at 17:31
(IC) The Quest Begins!
"Muffins is rarely wrong about this sort of thing, take heed, comrades."

Jeimimwitt readied his lance, and prepared to spur his mount to rush. This was the sort of terrain that Muffins had been bred for: the fey curr could ride low, below most branches and brambles.

"Come and speak openly as a friend, or be marked as a foe!

His eyes gazed out towards where Muffins seemed to be indicating the danger.
Barae
 Half-Orc Witch, 2 posts
Fri 14 May 2021
at 18:42
(IC) The Quest Begins!
Out of the darkness a rises a figure who slowly but steadily walks into the flickering light of the camp fire. First impression is likely that of an orc, but closer examination reveals a more mixed origin; a half-orc. The figure is dressed in a thick winter-cloak, though loosely worn, and he holds a short spear as if it were a walking staff.

The half-orc's skin is marred by thick scarring and decorated by intricate tribal-like tattoos, and a grotesque mask is worn on a thin chain around his neck.

"I mean no harm", the figure states in common as he reveals himself, his accent harsh, reminiscent of that of an orc. "You have encountered a group of goblins I presume?", while stated as a question, the tone is more that of a statement, "Did any survive and flee?".
Dreamljocht
 Elf Cleric, 24 posts
Mon 17 May 2021
at 21:46
(IC) The Quest Begins!
Dreamljocht observes the half-orc when he enters the clearing. As he tries not to act with the same prejudice he knows half-orcs encounter almost everywhere, he waits for a opinion till his words and deeds tell more about the newcomer.
"Yes, we encountered a group of goblins. Not one survived the skirmish and got a chance to flee. We had only minor wounds ourselves. Are you following their tracks?"
Barae
 Half-Orc Witch, 4 posts
Tue 18 May 2021
at 14:20
(IC) The Quest Begins!
The half-orc nods once, then silently looks around the group for a moment. "Yes", Barae states simply, adding, "I was following them to their lair". "They are a plaque on these lands", then continuing with a sneer, "Worse, they burned my house and ate my dog."

He looks around the group once more, "A pity they all died,", he says without a shred of sorrow in his voice, "It makes locating their lair more troublesome." "Then again,", the half-orc adds with a shrug, "it does show that you are capable..."

Finally, with a mischievous grin, Barae asks the group, "Care to do these lands a favour and make these goblins scarce?"

This message was last edited by the player at 15:08, Tue 18 May 2021.

Jemimwitt Haethy
 Halfling Cavalier, 8 posts
Tue 18 May 2021
at 14:55
(IC) The Quest Begins!
Jemimwitt had been silent during the brief conversation, though he'd relaxed his grip on his lance and had faced his lance and mount away from the newcomer once parlay had begun, preferring to let the others speak for now since he was a newcomer to the group.

But the mention of eating the newcomer's dog brought obvious shock and anger to his face, and Muffins responded to Jemimwitt's sudden anger with an unpleasant snarl.

"Such hideous acts against noble beasts deserve just and swift retribution."

He caught himself after a moment. Anger was not helpful at the moment, however justified. But he certainly felt empathy towards the man.

Not to mention the destruction of your home. I'm sorry for your loss.
I am Sir Jemimwitt Haethy, Order of The Sword, at your service.
This is my loyal steed, Muffins."


He gave the best bow he could from the saddle.
Barae
 Half-Orc Witch, 5 posts
Thu 20 May 2021
at 12:17
(IC) The Quest Begins!
Barae returns the bow with a small dip of his head. Then the half-orc looks about the rest of the group, as if to ask for their ideas on the matter.
Sam Cascious
 Tiefling Rogue, 8 posts
Fri 21 May 2021
at 13:23
(IC) The Quest Begins!
The rogue glances at the ranger to see what her intake on what has happened is. He stands there, arms crossed as he watches the half-orc. Not sure if he trusts him, he leans against the wagon "We have a mission, one that Jemimwitt must have forgotten." The bum pushes off the wagon. Muffins. Seriously? He spits onto the ground "Take one down, two emerge." The rogue watches Barae "We have a tracker but we have a mission. I don't speak for them."
Dreamljocht
 Elf Cleric, 27 posts
Fri 21 May 2021
at 17:17
(IC) The Quest Begins!
"We're on a mission for the king. Otherwise we could have followed their tracks to their lair. Then it seemed not important, not knowing what we hear now. But I question the extinction of this group of goblins is important enough for us to stray from our quest". Dreamljocht thinks a moment and adds: "But I'm sorry for your loss. As you live in these woods: can you tell us more about the dangers we can expect allong our way?"
Jemimwitt Haethy
 Halfling Cavalier, 9 posts
Fri 21 May 2021
at 18:23
Re: (IC) The Quest Begins!
Sam Cascious:
"We have a mission, one that Jemimwitt must have forgotten."


Jemimwitt felt the need to speak up.


"I do not mean to be rude, but a distinction should be made.

What I said holds fast: the goblins are in need of swift retribution and justice for such a crime. I never said I was going to charging off.


He totally would have though if he was on his own.

Of course, he wasn't sworn to and particular oath. He'd just agreed to help these people on the road because they said they were on an importnat quest. He didn't even know what the quest was.

"The path of the honorable knight can be strange." Thought Jemimwitt as he considered briefly.

He looked over sadly at Barae and gave him a look of empathy.

"I am very sorry. Were this not an important mission, I'd happily help you seek justice immediately."

This message was last edited by the player at 18:26, Fri 21 May 2021.

Sam Cascious
 Tiefling Rogue, 9 posts
Fri 21 May 2021
at 19:04
Re: (IC) The Quest Begins!
The rogue doesn't seem impressed by the cavalier "I never said you were rude, I stated we have a mission. I know what was said." He watches Jem and sits down by the fire warming his hands. His eyes dart between the witch and cavalier, trying to figure them out. He places his palms to his face blowing on them and leans in further for the fire "Sit." He doesn't state that to anyone.
Dungeon Master
 GM, 697 posts
Sat 22 May 2021
at 06:39
Re: (IC) The Quest Begins!
Time passes. Barae is invited the spend the night with the group as he probably feels safer with the group. Everyone is fed and given water. The group is place near the fire, and things seem to be relaxed. Sam waters the horses but they seem skittish. Soon everyone seems to relax. Sam sits against the wagon for a moment as everyone sleeps and then moves around the campsite.
Dreamljocht
 Elf Cleric, 28 posts
Sat 22 May 2021
at 08:21
Re: (IC) The Quest Begins!
While they are doing their camp chores, Dreamljocht offers to take second watch.
Halie Delmenn
 Human Ranger, 33 posts
Sun 23 May 2021
at 05:02
Re: (IC) The Quest Begins!
Halie’s hand unconsciously moved to the hilt of a dagger that sat on her hip as the half orc moved into the camp. He seemed harmless (in the sense that he was not there to kill them) but she didn’t just openly trust him either. The conversation was tuned out for the most part as Halie went back to keeping an eye out. Had circumstances been different, she would have welcomed all with a smile and open arms but with the mission and such, she had taken on a more serious tone. With time passing and camp being made, Halie went to help see to the horses after tending to Peto first. With that done, she found a spot near the fire to settle down.
Barae
 Half-Orc Witch, 8 posts
Sun 23 May 2021
at 05:37
Re: (IC) The Quest Begins!
Barae too is cautious and will stay on the periphery of the camp, making due with the hard-boiled rations he brought with him instead of completely joining the group. While staying the night with the group will improve his changes against outside threats, the group itself is an unsure element. They do not seem to exhibit the usual prejudice against his race though, and with his volunteering first watch, he can observe them a bit longer.

After his watch, he will commune with his mask, hanging the grotesque thing on a branch on a nearby tree and remind himself of the pain and torture of his apprenticeship and the meaning of his totem.
Dungeon Master
 GM, 700 posts
Sun 23 May 2021
at 10:51
Re: (IC) The Quest Begins!
Time passes...

Sam watches the area with Barae. He is silent, watching this odd half-orc but knows he seems to be fine. He checks on the horses as well, watching Halie and then rests beneath the wagon once it is time for the next watch to begin.

More time passes...

Dream and Halie watch the area, wandering around and keeping a close watch. Nothing creeps up and it seems uneventful. Some sounds come from the woodlands but its just some squirrels in the trees. And a raccoon slowly creeps towards the fire but it is shooed off.

Even more time passes...

The cavalier wakes up and nudges the dog but realize the dog isn't there! He rushes around trying to find his companion but Muffins is nowhere to be found! The rest of the group is asleep, unaware of what has happened.

This message was last edited by the GM at 10:53, Sun 23 May 2021.

Jemimwitt Haethy
 Halfling Cavalier, 11 posts
Sun 23 May 2021
at 13:47
Re: (IC) The Quest Begins!
Heathy took a brief look around the camp, increasingly annoyed as he did do. He blew his dog whistle as well but there was no response.

That was seriously bad.

He walked over to Dream and Halie and for once he wasnt smiling. His voice was quite serious.

"Muffins isn't in camp, and he's not responding to his whistle.

That's beyond unusual. He's about the most well trained warbeast you'll ever see.

I don't suppose you happened to see what happened on your shift? "


(OOC So, did they not wake me up or did they just fall asleep instantly after they got me up? I'm not sure how they could be asleep when my shift starts otherwise)

This message was last edited by the player at 14:09, Sun 23 May 2021.

Dreamljocht
 Elf Cleric, 30 posts
Mon 24 May 2021
at 19:47
Re: (IC) The Quest Begins!
Dreamljocht wakes from the dogwhistle and the halfling pacing around nervously. When Haethy asks him whether he had seen Muffins during his watch, he has to think a moment: "He was here, once he got up short, to take a leak I suppose, as dogs do. After, he was here again and in the same spot as before, just besides you and the fire. If he's missing, he has gone without anything visible intruding in the camp or without any hostile reaction from Muffins."
Sam Cascious
 Tiefling Rogue, 10 posts
Sat 29 May 2021
at 11:17
Re: (IC) The Quest Begins!
Groggly, the rogue woke up and saw the halfling looking up at the ranger and cleric. He stands up, wiping dirt from his clothing and he keeps the bum thing going. The rogue goes to every person still asleep and tries to awaken then. Seeing the mask with the witch asleep, he takes a deep breath and tries to wake him up as well. Sam goes back to the others and crosses his arms standing in front of the ranger. He seems to be slowly waking up but with the current confusion, something doesn't seem right "Something happened?"
Halie Delmenn
 Human Ranger, 34 posts
Sat 29 May 2021
at 19:06
Re: (IC) The Quest Begins!
"Dog disappeared," Halie stated as she stretched, following by popping her back. She was clearly tired but getting little sleep was something she was used to, especially when hunting. "I honestly wasn't paying attention to the animal," she said to Jemimwitt.
Jemimwitt Haethy
 Halfling Cavalier, 13 posts
Sun 30 May 2021
at 04:19
Re: (IC) The Quest Begins!
Jemimwitt frowned. He was angry, but they couldn't understand. They thought of Muffins as just an oversized dog, trained in someone's spaer time.

"He's a fey curr, not a "dog." They are far smarter, and they are trained relentlessly from weaning, nearly six hours a day. And my bond with muffins is greater than most.

This would be the first time he's tried to wander off 'to take a leak as dogs do' since he was three months old."


He pulled out a dog signal whistle and gave it a loud call. It hardly made any audible noise at all, but a dog would hear it for quite a distance.

"If this doesn't bring him, something is extremely wrong."

He considered. No one had seen Muffins leave the camp the second time, but he was gone. HAD that actually occurred though? He looked at the prints right next to him as he waited for a response to the whistle, and brought up a torch.

Assuming Muffins did not return promptly, he took a look around. Something wasn't right, but his mind was racing.

"Halie, could you please look at the tracks? Muffins are easy to identify comapred to the others. There should be tracks going out, back, and then out again."

Jemimwitt wasn't the worst at tracking, but he assumed she was better than him, particularly right now.

21:16, Today: Jemimwitt Haethy rolled 7 using 1d20+4 ((3)).

This message was last edited by the player at 07:45, Sun 30 May 2021.

Halie Delmenn
 Human Ranger, 35 posts
Sun 30 May 2021
at 06:14
Re: (IC) The Quest Begins!
She gave a snort. "I perfectly understand that bond," Halie stated as she reached out and pet Peto's nose. "My apologies for referring to him as just an animal." It was interesting for one to have such a bond with an animal that equaled her own with her horse. "I can try to track...just keep in mind...I am tired and I will need some light..."


00:14, Today: Halie Delmenn rolled 29 using 1d20+12.  Survival.
Dungeon Master
 GM, 706 posts
Sun 30 May 2021
at 07:40
Re: (IC) The Quest Begins!
The rogue stares at him and Halie like they were nuts. He never had the bond, as most animals were afraid of him probably because of his heritage. Of course they didn't know this. All of this because of a dog? But its important...

Kneeling down, Halie checks out the location of where the dog was last seen and checks out the area and finds a small dart, cacked with some sort of poison or something else near the woodlands and a path leading out into the unknown like something dragged through it. Upon closer look it looks like the dog was hoisted up and several small footprints are scattered about. The location seems to keep going but they are a few yards from camp.

Sam follows, with a lit torch to help her out. He pauses for a moment "We should wait till dawn. Some of us cannot see and if we walk into a trap..."
Jemimwitt Haethy
 Halfling Cavalier, 14 posts
Sun 30 May 2021
at 08:18
Re: (IC) The Quest Begins!
Jemimwitt looked incredibly pained at the discovery "Those look like they might be goblin tracks. And we know that there are dog-eating goblins in the area.

Of course, your safety comes first."
He said through clenched teeth.

This effort clearly pained him, and he looked like he wanted to charge off alone right now.
Dreamljocht
 Elf Cleric, 31 posts
Mon 31 May 2021
at 18:48
Re: (IC) The Quest Begins!
Dreamljocht sees Haethy's pains and finds it hard to wait till there is at least some daylight. As an elf he has better sight than the ranger who has the task to follow the tiny trails. "Haethy, we will do everything possible to find your bonded mount, and it gives Barae a chance to come even with his pests."
Jemimwitt Haethy
 Halfling Cavalier, 16 posts
Tue 1 Jun 2021
at 14:24
Re: (IC) The Quest Begins!
"Yes. Whoever this is, it is clear they are very good at remaining undetected. We will wait till dawn. But I will not find this easy."

His smile was forced.
Halie Delmenn
 Human Ranger, 36 posts
Tue 1 Jun 2021
at 22:54
Re: (IC) The Quest Begins!
"I know the pain but I think waiting is probably the best step," Halie said as she stifled a yawn. "We found the tracks so that is a start..." With that in agreement, Halie made her way back to her bedroll near her horse.
Dungeon Master
 GM, 710 posts
Thu 3 Jun 2021
at 02:44
Re: (IC) The Quest Begins!
Dawn comes. With all being set, the rogue watches the area. A cave is visible with four goblins watching the forest. A campfire is some distance off not lit but smoking. The ranger finds several tracks but they are hidden rather well but they lead here. The wagon is a good distance off, covered in dirt and foliage to keep it hidden. What looks like a single goblin is near the campfire cooking something. There are no signs of the fer curr and everything seems quiet besides the typical noise of the woodlands. Some tents are scattered around the area. Its hard to tell if there are any other creatures lurking about.

Let me know how close you want to get. The group is just watching and scouted the area nearbye.

What the campfire looks like with a tent (its not lit) but for visual:
https://www.dndspeak.com/wp-co...2021/04/Campsite.jpg

Cave entrance:
https://i.pinimg.com/originals/f3/56/23/f3562332949ab814795022f08eaf7a17.jpg

This message was last edited by the GM at 00:17, Mon 07 June 2021.

Dreamljocht
 Elf Cleric, 32 posts
Mon 7 Jun 2021
at 19:00
Re: (IC) The Quest Begins!
"Halie and I, we could draw their attention to us, to give you a chance to come in from the other side and look for Haethy's companion, and perhaps other prisoners." offers Dreamljocht. "Take some time to work around their campsite before we start some ruccus. We 'll ge them in a pincer."
Halie Delmenn
 Human Ranger, 37 posts
Mon 7 Jun 2021
at 20:55
Re: (IC) The Quest Begins!
"We don't have much time..." she said softly, still looking over the site. "Let's just draw them out so Sam can go in and get the dog and get out. I am pretty sure we don't need to tell him how to do that." Her hazel colored eyes turned to the rogue.
Jemimwitt Haethy
 Halfling Cavalier, 17 posts
Mon 7 Jun 2021
at 23:03
Re: (IC) The Quest Begins!
"Makes sense to me. I'm pretty quiet myself, but I'm perfectly happy with a professional getting Muffins out."

Jemimwitt nodded ascent.
Sam Cascious
 Tiefling Rogue, 11 posts
Tue 8 Jun 2021
at 01:07
Re: (IC) The Quest Begins!
The rogue crosses his arms. He doesn't like this "Fine. I will see what I can find. Jem and Barae? Your the commotion." The rogue watches each of them, the bum starts to look over in the goblins lairs general area "Stop looking at me." His eyes dart to Halie.
Jemimwitt Haethy
 Halfling Cavalier, 18 posts
Wed 9 Jun 2021
at 02:22
Re: (IC) The Quest Begins!

Once the thief had stepped away from the party, Jemimwitt began stalking forward rapidly. He was moving quietly, but knew that it was a matter of how close he was going to get rather than WHETHER he got caught.

He walked with the dog whistle around his neck so that Muffins would know to head to him once the battle was on.

Once he'd stuck his blade into the bastards or if one of the goblins noticed him, he'd , Sam would have his distraction.

If the goblins were truly stupid, he might get up to them, but he didn't count on it.

Attempting steath, moving to the closest camp. Jemim will do this fast: he's not trying for infiltration or shoot them out of range, he's basically just trying to get to charge range before they notice him. 19:21, Today: Jemimwitt Haethy rolled 17 using 1d20+9 ((8)).

The second they noticed him, it was time to scream and charge.
Dreamljocht
 Elf Cleric, 33 posts
Wed 9 Jun 2021
at 07:05
Re: (IC) The Quest Begins!
When Sam has left the companions fot his task, Dreamljocht casts Bless on the remaining ones. Then he follows Jenimwitt, his scimitar in hand. As stealth is not really his strength, he blunders a bit more through the bushes than Haethy.

Bless fills your allies with courage. Each ally gains a +1 morale bonus on attack rolls and on saving throws against fear effects.

Dreamljocht rolled 8 using 1d20+2.  Stealth.

This message was last edited by the player at 06:25, Fri 11 June 2021.

Halie Delmenn
 Human Ranger, 39 posts
Fri 11 Jun 2021
at 02:51
Re: (IC) The Quest Begins!
"I will look where I wish thanks," she said curtly though smirking a bit. With a slight shake of her head and a chuckle, Halie unshouldered her bow and nocked an arrow, readying it. "Well let's get this started, eh?" she said to the others as she took aim at the lone goblin but not loosing the arrow until everyone was ready.
Dungeon Master
 GM, 715 posts
Fri 11 Jun 2021
at 14:11
Re: (IC) The Quest Begins!
Oddly the witch decides to stay back with the horses and cart. Sam stares at him, shaking his head as if aggrivated with the half-orc. Apparently he doesn't want to work with them. And he will probably die. So be it. The tielfling ponders as he slips into the underbrush and dissapears.

The cleric casts his spell as everyone else gets closer. Turning his head, he goes to grab a horn and looks like he is about to blow into it! The other two goblins draw their shortbows.

OOC
Halie if you want make a attack roll. No negatives. I assumed you stealthed up :) They definatly saw the cleric. Goblins by the cave are about 70' away. Goblin by the fire is about 30' away. They don't seem to see Jemm or Halie.

Sam got a 32 stealth. He doesn't even see himself lol!

Current group other then Sam:
Bless-Each ally gains a +1 morale bonus on attack rolls and on saving throws against fear effects.

Also: Initiative!

This message was last edited by the GM at 16:41, Fri 11 June 2021.

Dreamljocht
 Elf Cleric, 34 posts
Fri 11 Jun 2021
at 16:32
Re: (IC) The Quest Begins!
As soon as he is discovered by the goblins, he runs straight at the nearest ones, hacking with his scimitar as soon as he is close to the first one. On his last step, he stumbles over some roots, missing the goblin completely.

Dreamljocht rolled 21 using 1d20+4. Initiative.
Dreamljocht rolled 9 using 1d20+8. Attack with scimitar +1 (+bless).

Jemimwitt Haethy
 Halfling Cavalier, 19 posts
Fri 11 Jun 2021
at 17:16
Re: (IC) The Quest Begins!
Once the battle was on, Jemimwitt swiftily
charged one of the goblins and took a swing with hus his scimitar. He was not in the mood for banter or oaths at the moment.


10:13, Today: Jemimwitt Haethy rolled 13 using 1d20+8.  Roll to hit scimitar. 14 with bless, 16 if charge is possible.

Thats +1 to hit and +1 fear save for 2 minutes.

10:06, Today: Jemimwitt Haethy rolled 21 using 1d20+3.  Init

This message was last edited by the player at 17:18, Fri 11 June 2021.

Dungeon Master
 GM, 718 posts
Wed 16 Jun 2021
at 00:04
Re: (IC) The Quest Begins!
As the goblin is about to use the horn, it looks down as a blade comes from its back. The goblin looks dumbfounded and he goes to use the horn again just as a second blade sinks into the back of its throat into the horn! It gurgles as blood comes out of its mouth and from the end of the horn! It falls over as Sam stares at the group. He grabs his blades.

Dream moves towards the remaining two goblins trying to get their attention just as Jem charges up from behind him looking a bit out of breath but his blade hits one of the arms of the goblin.

The goblins attack the halfling but miss horribly.

Halie pops up from her spot, and fires off two arrows! One of them hits the goblin harmed and it falls to the ground with a arrow though its chest. The other is hit as well in its leg. It winces in pain!

The rogue moves towards the goblin and throws his kurki, hitting him in the chest. It falls as well! Sam motions for Halie to come over to him "You two remain here alright? We'll scout ahead." He glances at Halie, eyes narrowed "Keep staring."

OOC
Goblins area dead.

If checked for gear:
3 Shortswords for Small
3 Shortbows for Small
20 Arrows
3 Leather armor for Small
1 Bloodied Horn

Make a Perception Check

This message was last edited by the GM at 00:07, Wed 16 June 2021.

Jemimwitt Haethy
 Halfling Cavalier, 21 posts
Wed 16 Jun 2021
at 01:26
Re: (IC) The Quest Begins!
Jemimwitt considered arguing: he was pretty stealthy himself, but the rogue had proven his competence.

He simply nodded and cleaned his blade.


:25, Today: Davmop Zompubaros rolled 21 using 1d20+5 ((16)).

Dreamljocht
 Elf Cleric, 35 posts
Wed 16 Jun 2021
at 08:31
Re: (IC) The Quest Begins!
As the others show their competence, Dremljochts is somewhat embarrased by his failure to attack properly. He joins his companions at the dead goblins.

Dreamljocht rolled 19 using 1d20+6. Perception.
Dungeon Master
 GM, 720 posts
Thu 17 Jun 2021
at 00:09
Re: (IC) The Quest Begins!
The rogue and ranger are about to go inside but Sam stops and raises his hand up. His eyes narrow and he tries to see further inside. He glances at Halie "Wait here. I will not go far." He slips inside. After a few moments, the rogue steps back "There's six goblins, all around a campfire further in. Two cages as well but couldn't see and they were eating something." Sam grabs the bloodied horn "Can't see what made the sound but doesn't sound like a goblin." He holds the horn tightly "We wait, ambush whatever comes out after I blow it." THe rogue waits for anyone to disagree or agree. Sam glances around, within his bum garb.

This message was last edited by the GM at 00:11, Thu 17 June 2021.

Dreamljocht
 Elf Cleric, 36 posts
Sat 19 Jun 2021
at 06:39
Re: (IC) The Quest Begins!
'Looks like a good plan. Halie and I will meet head on what come to us, and you Sam, and Haety, will attack from the sides, if you all agree.' suggests Dreamljocht.
Jemimwitt Haethy
 Halfling Cavalier, 22 posts
Sat 19 Jun 2021
at 06:59
Re: (IC) The Quest Begins!
Jemimwitt gave a nod. He was not smiling at this point, his mood grim and resolved.

His rage was boiling, but he tried to temper it by repeating his knightly oaths in his head.
Dungeon Master
 GM, 722 posts
Sat 19 Jun 2021
at 19:27
Re: (IC) The Quest Begins!
The horn is used several times as the group scatters around the cave entrance near the forest. Six goblins start to head out but then a loud sound from behind them comes. A massive creature looms behind them and two of the goblins are slammed into the ground with a dull thud. Standing over them is a massive ten foot talk hulking humanoid with a nasty looking greatclub. He grunts and looks around, snorting.

Dove watches them from within the cave, seeing this brute come barreling from a size passage. Unfortunatly she isn't seen by the others who are outside.

But where is the dog? Is it dead? Elsewhere? In the belly of the goblins?

That remains to be seen!


Dove Laneri
 Aasimar Sorcerer, 6 posts
Sun 20 Jun 2021
at 00:16
Re: (IC) The Quest Begins!
Dove shifts as Stripe sneaks back into her leg as she considered the options. One route is safer, throwing an Acid splash over and over against the sealed door. The other is risking being stuck between the cage and the ground without most of her clothes or gear.

Dove has to admit, she's leaning towards the door just because of the consequence option of getting stuck. Albeit there is of course a third, to try to break the bottom of the cage rather then the door, she knows she has to act quickly. Or just set the cage on fire....

Reaching back she murmurs quickly and forms an Acid splash, hitting the sealed door entrance and then without caring about the acid she tries her best to force the door of the cage open.

17:13, Today: Dove Laneri rolled 23,3 using 1d20+5,1d3.  Acid Splash (RT on lock).
17:15, Today: Dove Laneri rolled 14 using 1d20.  Door Opening (Not sure if needed or what kind of roll but a base D20).
.

Dungeon Master
 GM, 726 posts
Sun 20 Jun 2021
at 14:06
Re: (IC) The Quest Begins!
The ranger pops up from the forest, bow draw! She fires twice at the ogre, one of them hitting its mark dead on in center mass! "Ogre! Don't get close! Take it down!"

06:54, Today: Dungeon Master, on behalf of Halie Delmenn, rolled 8 using 1d8+1.  Damage.
06:52, Today: Dungeon Master, on behalf of Halie Delmenn, rolled 13 using 1d20+5.  Rapid Shot 2.
06:51, Today: Dungeon Master, on behalf of Halie Delmenn, rolled 18 using 1d20+5.  Rapid Shot 1.
06:48, Today: Dungeon Master, on behalf of Halie Delmenn, rolled 26 using 1d20+6.  Knowledge (Nature).


Sam comes up from behind a boulder near the entrance. He pulls out his bow as well, aims and fires at the ogre as well! It hits between his shoulder blades and it growls loudly.

06:59, Today: Sam Cascious rolled 4 using 2d4.  Sneak Attack.
06:59, Today: Sam Cascious rolled 1 using 1d6.  Damage.
06:59, Today: Sam Cascious rolled 26 using 1d20+9.  Bow Attack.


Waiting on Dream and Jem
Dove
Dream
Halie
Jem
Sam
------------------------------
Ogre           ??/13
-AC 17
Goblins        ??/??
-AC 16

Dreamljocht
 Elf Cleric, 38 posts
Sun 20 Jun 2021
at 15:06
Re: (IC) The Quest Begins!
Dreamljocht casts Aid and touches Halie to gives her some extras. Then he changes his scimitar for his longbow.

Aid grants the target a +1 morale bonus on attack rolls and saves against fear effects, plus temporary hit points equal to 1d8 + caster level (to a maximum of 1d8+10 temporary hit points at caster level 10th).
Jemimwitt Haethy
 Halfling Cavalier, 24 posts
Wed 23 Jun 2021
at 22:43
Re: (IC) The Quest Begins!
He'd happily have reached for his sling, but his sling staff was on his saddle bags, and his daggers were well out of range.

So Scimitar would have to do.

Jemimwitt turned his stealthy move into a charge, raising his blade

"Face your doom, ogre!"

He rushed forward and slashed at the creature that had to be close to 20 times his weight, utterly heedless of the danger.

Swift Action to challenge the ogre and charge. I can't use the order bonus but I get the regular cavalier one.

15:41, Today: Jemimwitt Haethy rolled 11 using 1d4+7.
15:40, Today: Jemimwitt Haethy rolled 24 using 1d20+10.  Charge attack ogre.


He drew a slicing blow across the things legs as he moved to point blank with it, hitting harder than you'd expect from the diminutive sized cavalier.
Dungeon Master
 GM, 728 posts
Thu 24 Jun 2021
at 01:28
Re: (IC) The Quest Begins!
Getting hit by the halfing, the ranger and rogue-the ogre is angry! He looks down at the small Jem and raises his massive greatclub up and brings it down but he misses Jem!

All four of the goblins turn and seeing the cavalier charge, move to flank the ogre and start their beatdown on the halfling! Jem seems lucky as he is surrounded and only gets a single knick from one of the shortswords!
-Jem take 1 Damage

PM to Dove

Halie sees the cavalier surrounded! She fires two shots at the ogre and one of them hit its mark as Dream's spell aided her.
-Hit the Ogre for 9 damage

Sam gets behind the ogre, taking a deep breath! He sinks one of his kurki into the back of the Ogre. It stands there and falls to the ground hitting two of the goblins and splattering them on the ground!
-The Ogre is dead!

Ogre and 2 goblins are dead!

Waiting on Dove, Dream and Jem
Dove
Dream
Halie
Jem
Sam
------------------------------
Ogre           ??/54 DEAD
-AC 17
Goblins        ??/??
-AC 16

Jemimwitt Haethy
 Halfling Cavalier, 25 posts
Thu 24 Jun 2021
at 03:06
Re: (IC) The Quest Begins!
Jemimwitt screamed as he slashed at the goblins, flailing wildly with his scimitar and defending almost as fast with his shield, his anger and desire for justice clearly overriding any trepidation at the numbers.

20:00, Today: Jemimwitt Haethy rolled 5 using 1d4+3.  Scimitar on goblin.
20:00, Today: Jemimwitt Haethy rolled 19 using 1d20+7.  Scimitar on goblin.

Dreamljocht
 Elf Cleric, 39 posts
Thu 24 Jun 2021
at 06:45
Re: (IC) The Quest Begins!
Dreamljocht fires his longbow at the goblin that is the farrest away from the halfling. But because of the fry, he misses. Now that the ogre has fallen, the need for ranged attacks had diminshed, so he changes back to his scimitar before wading into battle.

Dreamljocht rolled 10 using 1d20+7. Attack with MW longbow.
Dove Laneri
 Aasimar Sorcerer, 7 posts
Thu 24 Jun 2021
at 08:38
Re: (IC) The Quest Begins!
Dove performs actions in the background; namely casting detect magic and gathering her things before the goblins and ogre get back.
Dungeon Master
 GM, 732 posts
Sun 27 Jun 2021
at 16:07
Re: (IC) The Quest Begins!
Between the entire group, the last two goblins are taken down. They know they don't stand a chance and are totally outnumbered. Wiping his blades upon the dead ogre, Sam glances at the others. He start to head inside, keeping his duel blades drawn.

Gear from the goblins and the ogre:
4 Short Swords (sized for Small)
4 Leather Armor (sized for Small)
4 Shortbows (sized for Small)
4 Quivers (20 Arrows/Each)
1 Hide Armor (sized for Large)
1 Greatclub (sized for Large)
2 Javelins (sized for Large)

No gold or jewels.

Halie Delmenn
 Human Ranger, 43 posts
Sun 27 Jun 2021
at 17:49
Re: (IC) The Quest Begins!
Halie looked through the gear but only took a quiver full of arrows. With everything seeming to calm somewhat, she turned to follow after Sam.
Dreamljocht
 Elf Cleric, 40 posts
Sun 27 Jun 2021
at 17:57
Re: (IC) The Quest Begins!
Dreamljocht folows Sam inside the cavern, looking for anymore danger. If it is dark inside, he'll cast Light on his scimitar.
His eyes scan the cavern, looking for Jem's mount.
Jemimwitt Haethy
 Halfling Cavalier, 28 posts
Mon 28 Jun 2021
at 14:18
Re: (IC) The Quest Begins!
Jemimwitt had absolutely no desire to search through the dead goblins. His dog, dead or alive, awaited.

He stuck to the shadows and made his way inside, staying just behind Sam.
Dungeon Master
 GM, 734 posts
Mon 28 Jun 2021
at 14:37
Re: (IC) The Quest Begins!
As the group approaches the inside of the cave, it has in the center a fire encampment and a fire brewing inside of it. The smoke is filtered up through a small flue in the ceiling, looking like it wasn't man-made. It looks like with closer examination a dog leg hangs above the fire and several other parts where a goblin probably was were probably skinning it but all that remains is the dogs leg. Perhaps the other dog parts were eaten and the pelt is elsewhere. Three cages line the walls, one looking as if something burned out of it. One of them looks like it had someone or something inside of it but it has a open door and looks like nothing inside of it from this angle. Moving from the fire, garbed fully and ready is oddly not a goblin or a huge ogre but what looks like a human covered in dirt and mud. Sam stop, holding his weapons. His eyes narrow, keeping up his bum attire "Drop your weapon. Who are you?" The woman doesn't get a chance to go over to the other cage. But it looks like something is inside of it.

https://i.imgur.com/gDjF7Zc.jpg

Welcome to the group finally Dove :)
Jemimwitt Haethy
 Halfling Cavalier, 29 posts
Mon 28 Jun 2021
at 15:20
Re: (IC) The Quest Begins!
Ignoring them both, Jemimwitt made his way over to the remaining cage that might have his dog, looking desperately sad and angry.

"Muffins?! Where are you boy?" He said in a pained voice as he rushed over.

If he was dead, he would see he was buried proper. If he was alive, he needed to see him.

Somehow though, he still felt... linked to Muffins. He did not truly believe he was dead.

This message was last edited by the player at 15:23, Mon 28 June 2021.

Dreamljocht
 Elf Cleric, 41 posts
Mon 28 Jun 2021
at 20:12
Re: (IC) The Quest Begins!
Dreamljocht turns to the new person. "Were you in that one cage?" he asks her. "Is Haethy's mount still alive?" At the moment Dreamljocht is especially troubled over the caveliers' wellbeing if his mount is dead.

This message was last edited by the player at 20:53, Mon 28 June 2021.

Dove Laneri
 Aasimar Sorcerer, 8 posts
Mon 28 Jun 2021
at 23:22
Re: (IC) The Quest Begins!
Dove took in the strangers, adventurers she would assume due to the almost random assortment of races and personalities. That could be a good or a bad thing; likely good. Likely. She listened to Sams demands to lower the weapon she had just picked it by carefully clipping it to her belt and letting the mace fall to her hip. She had thankfully had time to put her clothes back on but not get everything else on; just together. She could work with this though she left the crossbow on the floor for now. Taking in Sam and Dreamljocht she spoke carefully, and a bit slowly considering it was an armed group.

“My name is Dove Laneri. Yes I was in the other cage, broke open the door when the goblins and their big friend came storming out and was putting my things back together before you entered. Wasn’t sure who was coming back and wanted to be ready. Thanks by the by, I probably could have taken the goblins but not without some pain. Doubtful the big guy too; at least not without some butter and luck.”

By the end she had relaxed, slightly, and continued gathering her things and clipping them on or putting them on. It was noted she moved her dagger next to her crossbow with a glance at sam, crouched over but unwilling to pick up the weapons while threatened even as she put a necklace back on.

“Can’t believe I got caught by goblins, my uncle would never let me live it down. Tsk. As for this Haethys mount… I haven’t seen a horse. There is a dog in the cage I think and another by the fire if she’s a rider of hounds though? Hopefully it’s the one in the cage.

This message was last edited by the player at 23:24, Mon 28 June 2021.

Dungeon Master
 GM, 735 posts
Thu 1 Jul 2021
at 11:41
Re: (IC) The Quest Begins!
"Alright. Raise the weapon at any of us and you will be taken down. Understood?" Same grips his blades, watching Dove. Something about her bugs him but perhaps its his imagination. He glances around and then spots another doorway entrance, rather big "Ogre came from there?" He pauses "Sam. Just Sam."

The cavalier seems to get sick seeing the dog legs and bits of odd meat by the firepit. He checks out two of the cages, the first just seeing blood and gore leading to the cage's entrance. The second one he spots Muffins, lying down and not moving covered in blood, mud and dirt. He's able to get the cage open and kneels down, and Muffins is indeed alive.
Dreamljocht
 Elf Cleric, 42 posts
Thu 1 Jul 2021
at 12:11
Re: (IC) The Quest Begins!
Dreamljocht follws the halfling to the cages and is glad to see Muffins alive! He kneels besides Jemimwitt and feels and probes the halflings' companion for any severe wounds. If Muffins is in bad shape, he will cast one or more of his spells.

Dreamljocht rolled 12 using 1d20+10. Heal.
Dreamljocht rolled 19 using 1d20+6. Perception.

This message was last edited by the player at 13:22, Thu 01 July 2021.

Dove Laneri
 Aasimar Sorcerer, 9 posts
Fri 2 Jul 2021
at 03:06
Re: (IC) The Quest Begins!
Dove arched a brow but gave a shrug, a part of her took offense to his behavior and yet another could understand it. That said she would of course defend herself if needed; it's not like she didn't have any tricks.

So she was careful as she picked up her unloaded crossbow and hooked it into place near the bottom of her backpack, then slid her dagger into a sheath hidden behind her back. Finally she adjusted her belt back into proper place making sure both pouches where easily in range of her hands. Standing she double checked the odd metal wrapped rune and the holy symbol around her neck before giving off a smile of relief. Nothing seemed to be missing.

"Whelp, I've got my things and you don't seem friendly. So I'm gonna head out, try not to die yea? Thanks again for the distraction, I probably would have taken a few hits taking them out."
Halie Delmenn
 Human Ranger, 44 posts
Fri 2 Jul 2021
at 04:12
Re: (IC) The Quest Begins!
Halie watched the exchange with a quirked brow but didn't say anything. She wasn't going to stop the other girl from leaving so she just shrugged instead and approached Sam. "Nothing else of interest?" she asked quietly.
Jemimwitt Haethy
 Halfling Cavalier, 30 posts
Fri 2 Jul 2021
at 04:54
Re: (IC) The Quest Begins!

This message was deleted by the player at 13:58, Fri 02 July 2021.

Dove Laneri
 Aasimar Sorcerer, 10 posts
Fri 2 Jul 2021
at 05:38
Re: (IC) The Quest Begins!
"I'm going to cast a spell now. It's not at you. Don't stab me, Stripes won't be nice to you."

She proceeded to cast said spell, Prestidigitation for anyone with basic knowledge of spellcraft, and then move her magic over herself. The dirt fading and her clothes regaining their white shine, her hair shining properly, so on and so forth. Not as good as a bath, but much better then being dirty and gross feeling.

This message was last edited by the player at 17:36, Sat 03 July 2021.

Dungeon Master
 GM, 738 posts
Sat 3 Jul 2021
at 04:19
Re: (IC) The Quest Begins!
Something about this woman bothers Sam. His eyes dart to Dove, apparently having heard him. His eyes narrow and he looks like he's about to say something but then Haile speaks. He shrugs "I want to check out the ogre's room." His eyes dart to where the cleric and cavalier are, checking it out. He sighs and starts to head into the next chamber.
Jemimwitt Haethy
 Halfling Cavalier, 32 posts
Sat 3 Jul 2021
at 17:44
Re: (IC) The Quest Begins!
"MUFFINS! Stay with me boy!"

However, his face filled with concern as the dog still did not respond. He stood over the dog and gave it some pats and rubs, but it was still out like a light from the blow dart. He checked it for the dart or any new injuries and kept telling it was a good boy and to stay with him.

Jemimwitt was pretty much oblivious to other things. It was clear he wasn't going to be moving from this spot any time soon.
Dreamljocht
 Elf Cleric, 43 posts
Sat 3 Jul 2021
at 20:16
Re: (IC) The Quest Begins!
Dreamljocht continues to probe the body of Muffins, looking for wounds. He finds an arrowhead burrief in the flesh of one shoulder. It doesn't seem deadly to him. As Muffins further feels stable, Dreamljocht casts Cure Light Wounds on the companion of Haethy, hoping to bring him back awake.
Dungeon Master
 GM, 739 posts
Sun 4 Jul 2021
at 01:15
Re: (IC) The Quest Begins!
The dog's eyes flip open and upon seeing the cavalier, it licks his face and stands up slowly.
Jemimwitt Haethy
 Halfling Cavalier, 33 posts
Sun 4 Jul 2021
at 06:50
Re: (IC) The Quest Begins!
"It's ok, Muffins." He nodded a word of thanks to the gods above, and another thankful nod to Dreamljocht.

"Thanks for that. I was concerned about the drugs. Muffins is very strong, but I was concerned the drugs might have put him in a coma.

He took a sigh of relief, and only then began processing other things going on.

He noted the newcomer and after a moment took a deep bow.

Sorry for our bad manners. I am Sir Jemimwitt Haethy, Order of the Sword. I was quite concerned my steed had been eaten by these foul goblins.

Please forgive Sam, he's not exactly a people person, but he's a good man to have around in a scrap.

You are welcome to leave if you want, but it may be best to at least follow us to the nearest town: this forest seems infested with goblins. 


He said his piece and returned to his dog for the moment.
Dreamljocht
 Elf Cleric, 44 posts
Sun 4 Jul 2021
at 11:33
Re: (IC) The Quest Begins!
Dreamljocht stands and takes a look at the newcomer: "Hello, I'm Dreamljocht, cleric of Sarenrae. Are you hurt and do you need healing?" and realizing his companions might have need of healing to, he extends his offer to them: "Sam, Heathy, Halie; anyone of you in need of some healing?"
Dove Laneri
 Aasimar Sorcerer, 12 posts
Sun 4 Jul 2021
at 12:43
Re: (IC) The Quest Begins!
"Dove"

Dawn flashed a warm smile at the dog, glad it was well. Even as she brushed her hair out to get out the knots and dirt with her spell, she considered Jemimwitt's suggestion. On one hand he was probably right; she had been captured by goblins in her sleep after all. On the other hand, she wasn't entirely sure Sam was safer then sleeping in a camp of goblins. Judging by the look she gave Sam her thoughts weren't hidden either.

"Ah, to be specific its Dove Laneri, Devoted of Desna. A pleasure. And I'm glad Muffins is well, I have Stripes hide when I sleep so nothing considers him food. Sadly I didn't hide quite well enough the other night it seems. Oops? At least they didn't have time to destroy my supplies, little jerks."
Halie Delmenn
 Human Ranger, 45 posts
Sun 4 Jul 2021
at 19:37
Re: (IC) The Quest Begins!
"Let us go check it out...make sure there are truly no more threats..." Halie offered with a somewhat grim smile. It seemed that this newcomer wasn't too much of a threat. "So...what gives?" she asked softly once they reached the door. "Grant it...I am sure you have given me the same look just not as...intense."
Dungeon Master
 GM, 740 posts
Sun 4 Jul 2021
at 20:00
Re: (IC) The Quest Begins!
The rogue and the ranger head into the larger room. Sam glances behind him making sure they are not followed. He mutters something as Halie approaches. As they check it out it oddly has several blankets on the ground which looks like a strange bed. Several crates lie against the furthest wall, and there's some gear lying near it as well. Between the two of them there is no traps, nothing that could jump out at them at any moment. Sam walks over to the crates and whatnot and starts to open them.

In the main area, the cleric gets no response from Sam or Haile. Perhaps they are fine. Without the goblins and ogre alive, it could be a safe place to rest but there is a slight catch...

The wagon and horses.
Halie Delmenn
 Human Ranger, 47 posts
Sun 4 Jul 2021
at 23:47
Re: (IC) The Quest Begins!
Halie moved to help Sam look through the crates.
Dungeon Master
 GM, 745 posts
Mon 5 Jul 2021
at 02:09
Re: (IC) The Quest Begins!
PM
Halie Delmenn
 Human Ranger, 48 posts
Mon 5 Jul 2021
at 07:09
Re: (IC) The Quest Begins!
PM
Dungeon Master
 GM, 746 posts
Mon 5 Jul 2021
at 07:17
Re: (IC) The Quest Begins!
After gathering the items, Sam notices a belt looking out of place as well. He kneels down and grabs it. Eyes narrow, he tosses the bow over to Halie and takes the goggles and the chain shirt. For a moment he stares at all the leftover gear and glances at Halie "Alright." His eyes seem different now, curious. The rogue walks into the main room "Just odds and ends. Maybe get the wagon, see what is good." The firelight flickers off the chain shirt and the goggles seem out of place and he puts them down by the fire as well as the odd belt and a bow.

This message was last edited by the GM at 22:13, Thu 08 July 2021.

Dreamljocht
 Elf Cleric, 46 posts
Mon 5 Jul 2021
at 11:11
Re: (IC) The Quest Begins!
Dreamljocht agrees with Sam: "We have to get tha cart and horses here. It's is a safer place to camp and it gives us time to sort things out and for Muffins to recover. I'm not good with the cart and its horses, but I could go with you Sam to get them. Two is safer than one alone in case of some wandering goblins,"

This message was last edited by the player at 14:16, Mon 05 July 2021.

Jemimwitt Haethy
 Halfling Cavalier, 34 posts
Mon 5 Jul 2021
at 16:56
Re: (IC) The Quest Begins!
"Good idea. We don't know how many goblins have infested this wood.

Obviously, I'll be guarding the camp until Muffins is well enough to move. The fact that he's conscious is a good sign though."


Jemimwitt set up some water and food for his mount, and readied his animal grooming kit. Muffins usually enjoyed getting the dirt and deritous of the road out of his fur.

This message was last edited by the player at 15:45, Tue 06 July 2021.

Dove Laneri
 Aasimar Sorcerer, 13 posts
Tue 6 Jul 2021
at 09:21
Re: (IC) The Quest Begins!
Dove was still hesitant on sticking with the group in the long run, or even at night. Sam was just... shady. But for now at least she would give them a chance. Jemim seemed nice enough and Muffins was adorable. Perhaps, just perhaps, she'd stick around. If Stripes liked them of course.
Dungeon Master
 GM, 755 posts
Thu 8 Jul 2021
at 22:34
Re: (IC) The Quest Begins!
Within the confines of the goblin cave, the group seems somewhat safe with just a opening if anyone attacks. Furrowing his brow, he glances at the cleric "Stay here. Haile and myself will go retrieve them." Sam nods to the ranger and he leaves with her leaving the group within the cave. The warm fire sending out some heat.

After some time perhaps a half-hour, they return with the wagon and the horses brought. Sam drops down, hooking up the horses to one of the cages and he kneels down by the fire. He stares within the flames "Should rest. The dog needs it." He pulls out some sort of jerky and bites into it. Whatever is going on within him remains to be unknown "Not much use but there's some clothing. Odds and ends." With a quick flick, one of his blades-not the kurki appears in his hand and he tests the weight. The blade is stabbed into the dirt and he grabs it again. Once more it hits. Then another and another and his eyes don't leave the fire. The wagon is covered so its hard to tell what is within it. It looks like a typical wagon but well made with two stocky horses. And there is the ranger's horse as well as a horse for the cleric.

The weather outside begins to grow colder, sending in a breeze within but not far enough.
Dreamljocht
 Elf Cleric, 52 posts
Thu 8 Jul 2021
at 22:48
Re: (IC) The Quest Begins!
"We have some tasks at hand," observes Dreamljocht. "First our night was disturbed by the kidnapping of Muffins, so I need my time to regain all my spells. We need to acquintance each other to see if we can trust each other to join, at least for the upcoming days of travel. We also need to see what's all the stuff Sam found in the ogre's den, and split it if someone is interested. And last, while we stay here, we have to guard the entrance, the cart and the horses against more goblins"
Jemimwitt Haethy
 Halfling Cavalier, 35 posts
Fri 9 Jul 2021
at 14:50
Re: (IC) The Quest Begins!
"This makes sense to me. I've done all the usual grooming and fixed his armor. He's drinking a lot of water, too, which is a good sign he's recovering.

Thank you all for helping getting him back. That was pretty dicey there."


Jemimwitt gave a brief nod and look to each of them.
Halie Delmenn
 Human Ranger, 49 posts
Mon 12 Jul 2021
at 05:33
Re: (IC) The Quest Begins!
"Resting is definitely high on my list of things," she chuckled as she set up her bedroll and such, keeping Peto, her horse nearby. "I am glad that Muffins is on the mend, Haethy."
Dove Laneri
 Aasimar Sorcerer, 19 posts
Tue 13 Jul 2021
at 11:40
Re: (IC) The Quest Begins!
Dove was hesitant, and awake. She certainly didn't seem keen on hiding away from the entrance and leaving the group between her and her only way out, so she planted her rolled up bedroll against a wall both by the fire and with line of sight on the opening. Sitting on it cheerfully she seemed to consider what to do before shrugging and pulling out her book.

"Have a good rest if you need it, I'm wide awake. I can at least help keep watch from here until the morning comes."
Sam Cascious
 Tiefling Rogue, 12 posts
Wed 14 Jul 2021
at 01:59
Re: (IC) The Quest Begins!
After some time, Sam comes into the cave. A blade seems to appear and is tossed into the air and lands in his hand. He does this a few times and sits down by the fire, across from Dove. The rogue sits down, and he stares into the flames. A glance comes from Sam, as he looks at all of them. He pulls out some sort of jerky and slowly eats it. Nothing is said from him. He leans against the wall, huddling up against it. He raises his hood over his face hiding it.
Dungeon Master
 GM, 762 posts
Fri 16 Jul 2021
at 01:59
Re: (IC) The Quest Begins!
The night passes. Nothing creeps out. And with the ogre and goblins dead, it goes by uneventfully. Most of the night, Sam watches Halie sleep. He doesn't go near her, just remains by the fire. Occasionally, his eyes dart to the others. Morning comes and Sam seems to be asleep with the fire dying down. Its hard to tell if he is awake or asleep but he isn't moving. Everyone else is up and moving around, probably some getting the wagon prepared but the odd items-the longbow, belt, goggles and the shirt lie near the wagon. Muffins is up and walking around, a bit sore. With the healing from the cleric and rest he seems to be alright and walks over to Dove. He sniffs and tilts his head before going over to Sam. The mans eyes open up with the dog staring right in his face. Muffins walks over to Jem and sits down. Sam gets up, stretching.
Dreamljocht
 Elf Cleric, 53 posts
Fri 16 Jul 2021
at 10:03
Re: (IC) The Quest Begins!
Refreshed and enlightened joins Dreamljocht Sam and Muffins. Looking at the odd collection at their feet he asks: "These are the things you did find yesterday and don't know if they are magical?" He turns to Dove, who seems awake too: "I have Detect Magic at my disposal today, but I don't have much experience with it. I'll try if I can determine what these things are. Are you in any way experienced with this kind of work? If so, would you like to give me a hand?"

This message was last edited by the player at 18:17, Fri 16 July 2021.

Dove Laneri
 Aasimar Sorcerer, 21 posts
Fri 16 Jul 2021
at 21:44
Re: (IC) The Quest Begins!
Dove smiled brightly at Dreamljocht as she put her book down on top of her bag before hopping up to walk over happily. She seemed eager for a bit of social interaction; likely considering her last bout where the goblins in question.

“Yup! Solid at identifying magic items, but much better at figuring out how to make them work. Thankfully I know a spell to help. My uncle used to give me wands to practice on. All fun and games until you hit your mother with a create water spell. Then it’s hilarious…. Until she catches you.”

Dove cast Identify as she joined the man over the pile of loot, humming as she reached out a hand to touch the first item to examine. If they where cursed it would have already hit whoever moved them by now. The Golden etchings on her hands where similar in nature to those on her face.

“Now let’s see what we have here…Yea?.”

This message was last edited by the player at 22:23, Fri 16 July 2021.

Sam Cascious
 Tiefling Rogue, 13 posts
Sat 17 Jul 2021
at 10:47
Re: (IC) The Quest Begins!
The cleric and sorceror work their 'magic' upon the items and after a few moments, they seem to be done. Sam turns and sees the two of them. He steps towards them, eyes narrowed. Its really hard to tell how he will react to what is going on. But he stands there nearbye, just seemingly curious.
Dove Laneri
 Aasimar Sorcerer, 24 posts
Sat 17 Jul 2021
at 11:37
Re: (IC) The Quest Begins!
“You found some winners here. The bow is I think the most expensive item of the lot with a simple enhancement enchantment. The chain shirt as well! The belt is weird but should help ward off illness and such. The goggles though are great for people who like to check for traps face first. Help you notice them before they notice you; all at the cost of your dignity. Eesh who thought goggles looked better then spectacles?”

Dove smiles cheerfully as she finishes listing what each item does for the group, rather enjoying being able to do something.
Halie Delmenn
 Human Ranger, 51 posts
Sat 17 Jul 2021
at 16:43
Re: (IC) The Quest Begins!
Halie had remained blissfully unaware of the admiration from Sam while she slept, the day's exhaustion taking hold. When she finally woke, she sat up and stretched, unsure if she dreamt or not...if she had, there were no memories there. Making note of the others, Halie got up, stretched once more before gathering up her things and putting them away.
Jemimwitt Haethy
 Halfling Cavalier, 37 posts
Sat 17 Jul 2021
at 17:39
Re: (IC) The Quest Begins!
Jemimwitt had mostly returned to normal now that Muffins was recovering well. His coat had been well groomed and most of his minor wounds patched. Jemimwitt was back to his usual optimistic and smiling self.

"If the chain shirt fits, and we can get the smell out, I could use that.

Me and Muffins can be sneaky if we need to be, but I prefer facing my foes in glorious honorable combat.

If someone else truly desires it though, it's not the end of the world. We're both pretty fast and tough.

Sam Cascious
 Tiefling Rogue, 14 posts
Sat 17 Jul 2021
at 20:04
Re: (IC) The Quest Begins!
As much as the rogue wants to retort to the sorceror, he doesn't say a word. He looks at all the magical gear, and reaches out for the goggles. He puts them onto his head and grabs the bow, moving over to the ranger and holds it out to her "I feel this is best for you." He watches her for a moment then looks over at Dove "Thank you."
Dove Laneri
 Aasimar Sorcerer, 27 posts
Sat 17 Jul 2021
at 21:00
Re: (IC) The Quest Begins!
“I can get the smell out. Everyone underestimates Prestidigitation but when you can’t stop for a bath regularly, or loot stuff from questionable places well…. Magical cleaning gets my full endorsement! And you’re welcome!”

Dove puts her spell where her bragging is; humming happily as she uses prestidigitation to clean the chain shirt and even other magic items of any questionable stains, smells or substances left upon it.
Dreamljocht
 Elf Cleric, 54 posts
Sat 17 Jul 2021
at 21:44
Re: (IC) The Quest Begins!
"All split up to everone's taste? Sam, the belt for you too for now? It is nothing I have use for." Dreamljocht starts to collect his things, loading his backpack on the cart, besides common gear. "It seems time to start a new day of our travel. Are you joining us, Dove, at least for part of the journey?"
Dreamljocht is in a good mood after the battle yesterday and he is eager to move on.
Dove Laneri
 Aasimar Sorcerer, 30 posts
Sat 17 Jul 2021
at 22:01
Re: (IC) The Quest Begins!
"At least a part of it, sure. Being able to rest at the nights without fear of goblins for now is something I could use."

Dove gave a little shiver as she began to pack her things up. Thankfully nothing too traumatic had happened but being kidnapped was never something you wanted to just brush off, nor did she want to risk Stripes on guard duty. She definitely had to look into some new spells.
Halie Delmenn
 Human Ranger, 52 posts
Sat 17 Jul 2021
at 22:15
Re: (IC) The Quest Begins!
She was busy loading her things on Peto when Sam came up, holding out the bow. "Oh...um...thank you," she said with a soft smile, taking the bow and looking it over before testing the string. Satisfied, she unshouldered her original bow and unstrung it and placed it among her things on Peto's back. With that done, she shouldered the new one, giving Sam a smile. "Always good to have a backup."
Dungeon Master
 GM, 773 posts
Sun 18 Jul 2021
at 02:19
Re: (IC) The Quest Begins!
After all the items are given up, Sam shakes his head "Split it up. I feel others helped out." Even if it would be good for the rogue, something inside of him seems to want to be fair-a odd sight for the rogue. He climbs up, eyes darting to each of them. Tilting his head, he puts the goggles on but not lowered. After all that is put into the wagon which isn't much-just some daggers and minor weapons and the goblin weapons he motions for the others to follow. The wagon seems like a armory. But has some minor supplies within it. A mini-store spot. When all is set and done, the group moves through the encampment and back to the main road. A days travel. The forest surrounds the road. Its quiet and calm. Some minor critters peep out here and there. Typical wildlife. The weather is decent, with a slight breeze but soon the weather may make the group go to the weather gear. Fall. The road goes for awhile and moves off to the slight west.

OOC Make a Perception Check. And if trained in it Survival.
So everyone has horses minus Sam as he's got the wagon. So where is Dove going to be? Walking? On someone elses horse? Back of the wagon or up front with Sam?

Dove Laneri
 Aasimar Sorcerer, 32 posts
Sun 18 Jul 2021
at 06:06
Re: (IC) The Quest Begins!
Dove happily rides in the back of the Wagon, not wanting to sit besides him but figuring it's the easiest way to keep up with the party. Albeit if they plan to go at a walk she has no problems with walking for a bit. It's better to keep her body limber after all.
Halie Delmenn
 Human Ranger, 53 posts
Sun 18 Jul 2021
at 20:50
Re: (IC) The Quest Begins!
With a smile, Halie led Peto out before mounting up and taking point. Her coppery red hair hung loosely about her shoulders, occassionally getting tossled by the breeze, hazel eyes darting about.



14:49, Today: Halie Delmenn rolled 15 using 1d20+9.  Perception.
14:50, Today: Halie Delmenn rolled 13 using 1d20+11.  Survival.

Dreamljocht
 Elf Cleric, 56 posts
Sun 18 Jul 2021
at 21:23
Re: (IC) The Quest Begins!
Dreamljocht follows his companions. He is somewhat dsitracted by this thoughts. He ponders on Sam and on Dove. Both strangers with an unknown inheritance and each in their own way there seems to be a resemblance?

23:19, Today: Dreamljocht rolled 21 using 1d20+3. Survival.
23:19, Today: Dreamljocht rolled 8 using 1d20+6. Perception.

This message was last edited by the player at 23:00, Sun 18 July 2021.

Jemimwitt Haethy
 Halfling Cavalier, 41 posts
Mon 19 Jul 2021
at 16:31
Re: (IC) The Quest Begins!
Jemimwitt kept an eye out along with his steed, who's nose and ears could pick up a great deal of potential threats.

Muffins was full of energy and quite fast, darting and investigating to the side or behind sniffing for threats.

09:30, Today: Jemimwitt Haethy rolled 20 using 1d20+4.  survival (jemimwitt).  09:29, Today: Jemimwitt Haethy rolled 24 using 1d20+9.  Perception (Jemimwitt) +2 vs danger.  09:29, Today: Jemimwitt Haethy rolled 15 using 1d20+5.  Perception (Muffins).
Dungeon Master
 GM, 781 posts
Mon 19 Jul 2021
at 23:55
Re: (IC) The Quest Begins!
They seem to be on the right track as they get to a fork, both looking the same but the path to the northeast seems to have been used but not recently and the other looks smaller with deep forest area drooping down that looks like it swevers and goes out of sight looking like it goes downards at a angle. The two in lead don't go down the beaten path, with the rogue following their lead.

With Jem and Haile about 50' ahead around a corner out of sight, they notice a massive bear sitting in the middle of the road. Its huge and turns watching the two approach upon their steeds. It growls, digging its claws in and lets out a loud roar! It stands up, at least 9' tall and growls.

Upon hearing the roar, Sam gets the wagon to stop as Dove falls backwards inside the wagon byt doesn't get hurt. Dream keeps moving and stops and glances back at Sam but he hears the roar once more.

OOC
Sam, Dove and Dream hear it and stop but don't see what made it between the thick woods and the corner above. About 40' to the curve. The cavalier and ranger are out if sight for now.

Jemimwitt Haethy
 Halfling Cavalier, 43 posts
Tue 20 Jul 2021
at 14:42
Re: (IC) The Quest Begins!
Muffins ears immediately flattened and he got low to the ground as the bear roared, but didn't immediately charge or run off: he was very well trained, naturally.

"Whoa there, easy boy!"

Jemimwitt started backing up at a high pace. Muffins could move faster than just about any other dog, despite his stubby legs. He looked over at Halie and made sure she wasn't left out here alone.

"Unless you have some trick to drive it off, lets back up to the wagon, Halie? No reason to try and fight that thing unless we have to. I'll back your play either way, of course."

A foe issuing a full challenge was one thing, but he wasn't about to just charge forward to slay a beast in the wild that wasn't harming anyone. He'd never had trouble with them before, but who knew with the weirdness of the forest these days.
Dreamljocht
 Elf Cleric, 59 posts
Fri 23 Jul 2021
at 19:08
Re: (IC) The Quest Begins!
Dreamljocht holds his horse, jumps off and ties it with a loose knot to the cart. His scimitar drawn, he runs to the corner where Halie and Jem were last seen.
Dove Laneri
 Aasimar Sorcerer, 34 posts
Sat 24 Jul 2021
at 08:51
Re: (IC) The Quest Begins!
Dove shifts once standing up to keep an eye out for an ambush, but doesn't plan to rush after the others. Yet anyway. A blocked road is a common trick for bandits and considering this is goblin territory she's not going to risk being ambushed from behind. Again.
Dungeon Master
 GM, 782 posts
Sun 25 Jul 2021
at 03:21
Re: (IC) The Quest Begins!
Life was easier when he was alone. Always did what he wanted, always got paid. And only worried for himself. Now this. The ranger may need his help. A cavalier that seemed odd, a elf cleric that seemed always nice. And now the sorcerer. He drops down, makes sure the horses are tethered dispite not listening to him immediatly. Fighting the urge to go after them, he goes to the back of the wagon, waiting but he keeps looking down the path where the others left. One of his daggers suddently appears in his hand and is tossed up a few times.

----------------------------------------
Around the corner, the ranger looks at the cavalier and now the cleric "Back up slowly. Quiet. Calm."

The bear growls, keeping its distance and lowers itself down. It grunts and growls, staring at them.

OOC
Make a Perception check and a Knowledge (Nature) check-Haile, Dream and Jem.

This message was last edited by the GM at 03:22, Sun 25 July 2021.

Halie Delmenn
 Human Ranger, 55 posts
Sun 25 Jul 2021
at 05:05
Re: (IC) The Quest Begins!
Halie didn't draw any weapons, instead, watching the bear carefully as she subtly motioned the others back. She didn’t seem to be overly worried though she did her best to keep a proper read on the situation.



23:05, Today: Halie Delmenn rolled 15 using 1d20+9.  Perception.
23:05, Today: Halie Delmenn rolled 26 using 1d20+7.  Knowledge (Nature).

Dungeon Master
 GM, 784 posts
Sun 25 Jul 2021
at 05:16
Re: (IC) The Quest Begins!
PM
Dreamljocht
 Elf Cleric, 60 posts
Wed 28 Jul 2021
at 15:02
Re: (IC) The Quest Begins!
dreanljocht doesn't here new sounds after the first disturbing sounds, so he walks forward to the bend cautiously, calling: "Halie, Jem, are you allright?"
Halie Delmenn
 Human Ranger, 57 posts
Sat 31 Jul 2021
at 17:47
Re: (IC) The Quest Begins!
"We are fine!" Halie called back but didn't take her eyes off the bear. "I think this is...a momma dire bear protecting her cub..." She couldn't be entirely sure but that is how it seemed to her.
Dungeon Master
 GM, 788 posts
Sat 31 Jul 2021
at 18:12
Re: (IC) The Quest Begins!
It growls as the cleric approaches the ranger and cavalier with his sword out! Hard to tell if the bear is protecting the young one, or is in a bad mood. Or perhaps both. Suddenly, the bear charges Dream and goes to rip into the man with a claw! It tears into the flesh and knocks the cleric down to the ground.

RRRROOOOOARRRRR!!!

Sam turns and darts into the woodlands seeming to be aiming for the roar.

11:09, Today: Sam Cascious rolled 19 using 1d20+17.  Stealth.

OOC
Initiative!

Dove: Your about 60-70 from the bear (30' down the road, 30-40 to the bear) but can't see it. You definaly hear it.

Dream take 9 damage and are prone.

Don't think Jem has a drawn weapon and Halie is not armed at the moment.

----------------------------------------
Sam       (18) Making his way to the bear/Hidden
Dream
Haile
Dove
Jem
*Muffins
----------------------------------------
Dire Bear (10)

Halie Delmenn
 Human Ranger, 58 posts
Sat 31 Jul 2021
at 18:28
Re: (IC) The Quest Begins!
Halie cursed loudly, not wanting this battle or really to harm the bear. She began to softly chant.


12:25, Today: Halie Delmenn rolled 22 using 1d20+3.  Initiative.

Going to cast Calm Animal. Hopefully this works.

Dreamljocht
 Elf Cleric, 62 posts
 HP 32/41; Init +4; AC 17
 Fort 5; Will 4; Reflex 7
Sat 31 Jul 2021
at 21:56
Re: (IC) The Quest Begins!
As soon as Dreamljocht can, he crawls away from the angry bear. When he is some paces away, he stands. He keeps his scimitar more behind his back as the weapon seemed to enrage the dire bear. He waits for the ranger to pacify the enormous animal.

Dreamljocht rolled 7 using 1d20+4. Initiative.
Jemimwitt Haethy
 Halfling Cavalier, 45 posts
Sun 1 Aug 2021
at 04:51
Re: (IC) The Quest Begins!
Jemimwitt cursed as the bear charged: no question here, he'd have to drive it off to save his ally. He began readying his lance for a charge.

21:51, Today: Jemimwitt Haethy rolled 22 using 1d20+3 ((19)).
Dove Laneri
 Aasimar Sorcerer, 37 posts
Sun 1 Aug 2021
at 08:24
Re: (IC) The Quest Begins!
Dove jolted at the loud roar of the bear, and scrambled out of the cart heading for the group. Mace in hand she doubted she would get close enough to help in a short amount of time but she wouldn't just leave the group in trouble.

01:22, Today: Dove Laneri rolled 5 using 1d20+3.  Initiative.
Dungeon Master
 GM, 792 posts
Sun 1 Aug 2021
at 10:54
Re: (IC) The Quest Begins!
The bear grunts as the spell tries to calm him down but it is able to push it off. Another loud growl comes.

Sam is somewhere.

Dream moves back along the ground and then stands, slowed by being on the ground.
*Moves back prone 15' and stands up (Think it takes a action to stand)

Dove goes to find out what is going on and stop as she sees the huge bear with the cleric on the ground grasping her mace.
*Bout 20' from the bear

OOC
Got a 23 save so made it.

Waiting on Jem then will post for the bear.
---------------------------------------
Haile     (22) Casting Calm Animals
Jem       (22)
*Muffins
Sam       (18) Making his way to the bear/Hidden
Dream     (07)
Dove      (05)
----------------------------------------
Dire Bear (10)

Jemimwitt Haethy
 Halfling Cavalier, 47 posts
Sun 1 Aug 2021
at 17:12
Re: (IC) The Quest Begins!
"GET OFF MY FRIEND YOU VILE BEAST"

Jemimwitt screamed with surprising volume given his size, readied his lance, and began a charge.

Muffins, charging at full tilt, ceased to be quite as adorable as you'd initially take him for. He was also fast. Ridiculously fast, in fact: faster than most horses, in fact, and Jemimwitt lowered himself and prepared for a hell of an impact as he charged the dire bear.

It might not be a dragon or intelligent, but this bear would be a worthy foe at least.

(OOC: Swift challenge, move draw lance, standard action charge with lance
+2 morale to hit due to challenge bonus, +4 to hit due to charge (cavalier)

10:10, Today: Jemimwitt Haethy rolled 17 using 1d20+15 ((2)).
Ah well, dice gotta dice sometimes.)


Unfortunnately, the lance went a little wide as the beast moved at the last second, glancing off the thing's absurdly tough hide.
Dungeon Master
 GM, 793 posts
Sun 1 Aug 2021
at 19:51
Re: (IC) The Quest Begins!
With a roar, the bear turns his attention on the cavalier. It stands up and slashes at him then sinks its teeth into the halfling!

Jem:
Take 40 damage

12:47, Today: Dungeon Master rolled 11 using 1d8+7.  Bite Damage.
12:47, Today: Dungeon Master rolled 21 using 2d6+14.  Damage-Claw.
12:46, Today: Dungeon Master rolled 22 using 1d20+8.  Bite.
*Hit
12:45, Today: Dungeon Master rolled 24 using 1d20+13.  Claw 2-Crit Confirm.
*Confirmed Crit
12:44, Today: Dungeon Master rolled 33 using 1d20+13.  Claw 2.
*Hit
12:44, Today: Dungeon Master rolled 20 using 1d20+13.  Claw 1.
*Misses


OOC
Group is up!
---------------------------------------
Haile     (22)
Jem       (22) 5' from bear
*Muffins
Sam       (18) Making his way to the bear/Hidden
Dream     (07)
Dove      (05)
----------------------------------------
Dire Bear (10)

Jemimwitt Haethy
 Halfling Cavalier, 48 posts
Mon 2 Aug 2021
at 01:35
Re: (IC) The Quest Begins!
Muffins tried to attack the bear's face as the thing attacked, pushing away with two paws, but was entirely unsuccessful.

Intercept blow on the 21 strike.

Jemimwitt screamed a combination of rage and pain as he took the attacks. Muffins gave a growl and a bite as Jemimwitt staggered under the assault.

08:53, Today: Jemimwitt Haethy rolled 28 using 1d20+11 ((17)). Ride check. >
Muffins attack roll
08:54, Today: Jemimwitt Haethy rolled 18 using 1d20+7 ((11)).
08:56, Today: Jemimwitt Haethy rolled 8 using 1d6+5 ((3)).
Not sure if 18 hits though. If it does muffins gets a free trip.
09:00, Today: Jemimwitt Haethy rolled 17 using 1d20+7 ((10)).
Given the size difference, there's no way that's even close.

This message was last edited by the player at 16:01, Mon 02 Aug 2021.

Sam Cascious
 Tiefling Rogue, 15 posts
Mon 2 Aug 2021
at 02:04
Re: (IC) The Quest Begins!
A arrow flies out of the wilderness! It sinks into the dirt at the feet of the bear almost hitting the cavalier. Sam slips behind a tree, hiding.

19:02, Today: Sam Cascious rolled 7 using 1d20+5.  Attack-Shortbow (-4 shooting into melee).

19:03, Today: Sam Cascious rolled 35 using 1d20+17.  Stealth.

Dreamljocht
 Elf Cleric, 65 posts
 HP 32/41; Init +4; AC 17
 Fort 5; Will 4; Reflex 7
Wed 4 Aug 2021
at 14:50
Re: (IC) The Quest Begins!
Moving till he can touch Jem, Dearmljocht lays his hand upon the cavalier while the other touches his Holy Symbol as he casts Cure Serious Wounds.

Number of hp cured: Dreamljocht rolled 25 using 3d8+5. Cure Serious Wounds.

Domain Spell for 3rd level
Dove Laneri
 Aasimar Sorcerer, 39 posts
Thu 5 Aug 2021
at 01:58
Re: (IC) The Quest Begins!
With her ally pinned and the field hectic Dove sheathed her mace and chanted a spell. Basic and unerring a trio of magic missiles shot out to strike the bear in the face and hopefully both wound and distract the beast.


Move: Sheath Mace
Standard; Magic Missile hits for 10 Force damage
18:55, Today: Dove Laneri rolled 10 using 3d4+3.  Magic Missile.

Dungeon Master
 GM, 798 posts
Thu 5 Aug 2021
at 22:05
Re: (IC) The Quest Begins!
The ranger pulls out her magical arrow and fires, hitting the bear!
*Bear takes 11 Damage

Jem moves away from the beast after the mount rips into the bear! It swings out its paw tearing into the flesh!
*Muffin hits for 8 Damage
*Jem take 9 Damage

Sam fires at the beast and misses.

Dream stands up and is able to heal the cavalier as he moves off.
*Jem healed for 35

Dove casts her magical bolts hitting it.
*Bear takes 10 Damage

The bear charges at the cleric with him being the closest and swings its claws at him, sinking into it.
*Dream take 9 damage

OOC
Group is up!
---------------------------------------
Haile     (22) 30'
Jem       (22) 40' from bear
*Muffins
*14 Damage
Sam       (18) 30'
Dream     (07)
*16 Damage
Dove      (05) 30'
----------------------------------------
Dire Bear (10)
AC 18 (AC 16 since it charged)
???/21 Damage

This message was last edited by the GM at 22:15, Thu 05 Aug 2021.

Sam Cascious
 Tiefling Rogue, 16 posts
Thu 5 Aug 2021
at 22:18
Re: (IC) The Quest Begins!
The bum charges at the bear, pulling out his twin kurkris! One of his blade sinks against the back of the bear as he rips into it.

OOC
25 Damage
15:17, Today: Sam Cascious rolled 17 using 3d8.  Sneak Attack!

15:16, Today: Sam Cascious rolled 7 using 1d4+4.  Damage!

15:16, Today: Sam Cascious rolled 17 using 1d20+11.  Charging it!

Jemimwitt Haethy
 Halfling Cavalier, 51 posts
Thu 5 Aug 2021
at 22:20
Re: (IC) The Quest Begins!
He would barely be standing if it weren't that heal, but he at least had enough distance to charge again. He turned Muffins around and once again charged, full tilt, at the bear.

10 or higher, please?
15:13, Today: Jemimwitt Haethy rolled 23 using 1d20+15 ((8)).

Well, that should hit at least. Triple damage from Spirited Charge.
1d6 +3 str, +5 Challenge Bonus,

15:17, Today: Jemimwitt Haethy rolled 33 using 3d6+24 ((2,6,1)).


This time, the lance at least is a little more effective, and the lance tip was on point.
Halie Delmenn
 Human Ranger, 60 posts
Fri 6 Aug 2021
at 00:31
Re: (IC) The Quest Begins!
(Posted by DM)

Taking a deep breath, she pulls out another magical arrow. Steading herself on her horse, she fires at the bear again!

Total: 8 Damage
17:30, Today: Dungeon Master, on behalf of Halie Delmenn, rolled 5 using 2d6.

17:30, Today: Dungeon Master, on behalf of Halie Delmenn, rolled 2 using 1d8+1.

17:30, Today: Dungeon Master, on behalf of Halie Delmenn, rolled 23 using 1d20+9.  Attack!

This message was last edited by the GM at 00:38, Fri 06 Aug 2021.

Dreamljocht
 Elf Cleric, 68 posts
 HP 23/41; Init +4; AC 17
 Fort 5; Will 4; Reflex 7
Fri 6 Aug 2021
at 07:08
Re: (IC) The Quest Begins!
Dreamljocht takes some steps away from the raging bear, touches his holy symbol and casts Prayer on himself and his companions, probably missing Sam because he is out of reacht.

You and each of your allies gain a +1 luck bonus on attack rolls, weapon damage rolls, saves, and skill checks, while each of your foes takes a -1 penalty on such rolls.
Dove Laneri
 Aasimar Sorcerer, 41 posts
Fri 6 Aug 2021
at 07:09
Re: (IC) The Quest Begins!
Dove gave it a moment and with a little shrug she cheerfully just shot another round of Magic missiles with a cry of joy at the release of her destructive magic. Simple, but effective. She had a special spot for Magic Missiles after all.

Dove hits with 3 magic missiles for 12 force damage.
00:09, Today: Dove Laneri rolled 12 using 3d4+3.  Magic Missile. (Only if bear is still standing).

Dungeon Master
 GM, 804 posts
Fri 6 Aug 2021
at 11:07
Re: (IC) The Quest Begins!
The ranger pulls out her magical arrow and fires, hitting the bear again.
*Bear takes 8 Damage

Jem charges and slams into the bear.
*Bear hits for 33 Damage

Charging out of the brush, Sam hit the side of the bear with a kurki!
*Bear hits for 17 Damage

Dream steps back 5' and cast Prayer on Sam.

Dove casts her magical bolts hitting it.
*Bear takes 12 Damage

The bear attacks the rogue, hitting him with a claw.
*Sam take 9 damage

Haile fires off another magical arrow, slamming into the bear but it stays standing!
*Bear takes 13 Damage

OOC
Group is up!
---------------------------------------
Haile     (22) 30'
Jem       (22) Flanking Sam
*Muffins
*14 Damage
Sam       (18) Flankinkg Jem
*9 Damage
Dream     (07)
*16 Damage
Dove      (05) 30'
----------------------------------------
Dire Bear (10)
AC 18
???/103 Damage

This message was last edited by the GM at 12:30, Fri 06 Aug 2021.

Dreamljocht
 Elf Cleric, 71 posts
 HP 23/41; Init +4; AC 17
 Fort 5; Will 4; Reflex 7
Fri 6 Aug 2021
at 16:04
Re: (IC) The Quest Begins!
Dreamljocht changes his scimitar for his longbow and fires an arrow at the bear. He misses by an inch.

Dreamljocht rolled 16 using 1d20+8. Attack with MW longbow (incl. Prayer)
Sam Cascious
 Tiefling Rogue, 17 posts
Sat 7 Aug 2021
at 01:42
Re: (IC) The Quest Begins!
Gritting after the claw scratched him, he slashes out with his two kurkris but misses!

11:21, Today: Sam Cascious rolled 17 using 1d20+10.  Attack 2-Kurkri (2 Weapon).

11:21, Today: Sam Cascious rolled 13 using 1d20+10.  Attack 1-Kurkri (2 Weapon).

Jemimwitt Haethy
 Halfling Cavalier, 54 posts
Sat 7 Aug 2021
at 02:43
Re: (IC) The Quest Begins!
Once again, Jemimwitt backed away and charged the beast, using Muffins ability to get up to high speed to put an impressive amount of force behind his spear.

Take one attack of opportunity.
19:41, Today: Jemimwitt Haethy rolled 23 using 1d20+15.  Roll to Hit.
That should hit unless it's AC went way up.

19:41, Today: Jemimwitt Haethy rolled 34 using 1d20+15.  3d6+24


This time, the lance caught a palpable blow into the creatures' sternum. Rivulets of blood were running from the deep wounds in the huge creature.
Dungeon Master
 GM, 809 posts
Sat 7 Aug 2021
at 05:37
Re: (IC) The Quest Begins!
As Jem backs away upon Muffins, the bear tears into the back of the cavalier. Wincing in pain, bloody and cut up-they get some distance off and Jem charges at it! The lance sinks deep into it and it roars in pain! The sudden pain hits it hard and it falls to the ground, lifeless. Coming out of the wilderness, a tiny form charges at Muffins! It bites but misses and stands before the bear, nudging it. Sam steps back, holding his wounded side. The sudden realization hits.

They killed its parent.

Haile jumps off her mount and goes to the bear and motions for Dream to heal it, realizing it has a pulse.

*Jem take 11 damage

This message was last edited by the GM at 05:39, Sat 07 Aug 2021.

Jemimwitt Haethy
 Halfling Cavalier, 55 posts
Sat 7 Aug 2021
at 06:30
Re: (IC) The Quest Begins!
Jemimwitt withdrew with some speed from the cub and dying mother, pulling back on a snarling Muffins to keep his mount away from the cub. It was still probably large enough to do serious damage to a non-combatant, but he judged that the cub was hardly a threat to them.

Jemimwitt was a little confused at the idea of healing the dire bear: it was a dire bear. It was still going to be a big dangerous oversized bear if it healed, and so would the cub if it grew into adulthood.

No doubt, there was some hidden ranger wisdom at play. He'd respect the wishes of those in his party. He trusted his new allies more than enough to give them the benefit of the doubt in such matters. Plus, it was impossible to feel at least a bit of sympathy for the poor creature.

So, he took stock - he was banged up, but he wasn't about to bleed to death himself. He remained well back from the melee, looking for any other potential foes, and trying to ignore the pain of his many claw and bite slashes.
Dove Laneri
 Aasimar Sorcerer, 43 posts
Sat 7 Aug 2021
at 12:13
Re: (IC) The Quest Begins!
Deciding to save her spells for now Dove drew her crossbow and loaded it, obviously preparing to fire soon after at the bear and/or cub. She didn't seem to agree with Halie's decision to heal and spare the frankly huge bear in the slightest.

"I'm one of the first people to support the rights of animals to their lives, especially those defending their cubs. But seriously look at that thing, It looks diseased. I have no idea what they've been into, but I don't think letting it go is the right call."

Move: Draw Crossbow
Standard: Load Crossbow

Dungeon Master
 GM, 811 posts
Sat 7 Aug 2021
at 14:57
Re: (IC) The Quest Begins!
"Drop it or I will drop you." The tiefling has a arrow aimed at Dove, eyes narrow. He doesn't know much of healing but when someone loads a weapon that seem intent on causing harm-bad idea "Can you heal it enough to not wake it up?"

The cub growls at everyone, leaning against its parent. With Dream, Jem, Haile and Sam surrounding it, its panicky. Its parent doesn't move.

This message was last edited by the GM at 15:18, Sat 07 Aug 2021.

Jemimwitt Haethy
 Halfling Cavalier, 56 posts
Sat 7 Aug 2021
at 15:09
Re: (IC) The Quest Begins!
Jemimwitt had backed up significantly away from the mess. He did not want to further crowd the cub.

He grew alarmed though, when Sam made his ultimatum.

"For goodness sake, Sam, please tone it down.

This woman just fought on our side. Also, I'm not sure if you've noticed but she's a spellcaster. She hardly would be using a crossbow to attack us if she meant to do us harm."


He tried to speak in as friendly a tone as he could manage.
Sam Cascious
 Tiefling Rogue, 18 posts
Sat 7 Aug 2021
at 15:13
Re: (IC) The Quest Begins!
"Don't tell me to tone it down." Sam watches Dove, aiming at her "Haile decides its fate. Not her."
Dreamljocht
 Elf Cleric, 72 posts
 HP 23/41; Init +4; AC 17
 Fort 5; Will 4; Reflex 7
Sat 7 Aug 2021
at 15:34
Re: (IC) The Quest Begins!
Dreamljocht listens to the discussion among his companions. He adds: "I don't think it is wise to heal the bear. She would be a mortal danger to all of us, seeing how she wounded us. And she will be too strong to tie her. The only positive chance I see, is Halie adopting the cub as a companion. I don't know if you can or will, Halie, but there are rangers with an animal companion. If that's not possible I suggest to leave the cub here alive and let nature runs its course: it could live, it could die and so be it."
Dove Laneri
 Aasimar Sorcerer, 48 posts
Sat 7 Aug 2021
at 15:50
Re: (IC) The Quest Begins!
Dove seemed to give Sam a long look before she released a breath of air, aiming the crossbow down as she calmly and cooly removed the bolt and reholstered the crossbow. She was silent though her lips moved as she counted softly to give trying to unwind before she finally let out a burst of air. Dove had a bit of a temper perhaps, or perhaps having her life threatened multiple times by Sam was across her line.

“Right. New rule. If you threaten my life, I’m setting you on fire. Put the bow down or burn Sammy.”

Doves fingers twitched as she tried very hard not to follow up on her threat, but if Sam wanted to shoot her or didn’t put his bow down she was going to lash out.

OOC: Readied action, if Sam shoots her she’s setting him on fire and we will see if evasion saves him.
Jemimwitt Haethy
 Halfling Cavalier, 57 posts
Sat 7 Aug 2021
at 15:55
Re: (IC) The Quest Begins!
Jemimwitt gave a long sigh, and maneuvered between the two, keeping his distance from both and facing neither, so it was clear he was not about to charge. Of course, Sam was probably a good enough shot that he could hit her anyway, but that wasn't really the point.

"Fine, but we should come to that conclusion through our words, not threatening to shoot people with a blasted crossbow or spells.

This bear just tried to kill us: I'd probably be bleeding out at the moment if it wasn't for that heal earlier.

So, why don't we have a nice friendly conversation with words instead of threatening to murder people over the life of a bloody bear that just tried to kill us?

You know... TONE IT DOWN A LITTLE."


Sam might not like being told what to do, but Jemimwitt Haethy would be damned if he'd be told what he couldn't say.

This message was last edited by the player at 15:56, Sat 07 Aug 2021.

Dove Laneri
 Aasimar Sorcerer, 49 posts
Sat 7 Aug 2021
at 16:09
Re: (IC) The Quest Begins!
Dove just flashed a strained but polite smile at Jemimwitt though did nothing to shift out of her stance.

“You can act like you’re talking to both of us rather then Sam all you want but my threat sums up to stop threatening to murder me and pointing weapons at me or I’ll defend myself. Not about what we do with the beast. In most circles that’s normal, yes?”

This message was last edited by the player at 16:10, Sat 07 Aug 2021.

Dungeon Master
 GM, 816 posts
Sat 7 Aug 2021
at 16:12
Re: (IC) The Quest Begins!
The tiefling shoulders his bow, staring at the group and shakes his head "My views apparently mean little so I won't say a damn word. Go flock to your best friend." He walks away without a word, anger brewing up inside of him. He darts into the woodlands and is gone.

Haile seems torn but the bear lies there with its cub. She stands up, watching what is going on and knowing Sam can be reckless. But does she even know Dove? No "Is this the time to talk? Sam did what he believed was right. But you threatening to kill him wasn't right either. So stop." She doesn't stand a chance of moving it as she tries but nods to Dream "Can we at least bury it?" She seems crestfallen.

This message was last edited by the GM at 16:17, Sat 07 Aug 2021.

Jemimwitt Haethy
 Halfling Cavalier, 58 posts
Sat 7 Aug 2021
at 16:29
Re: (IC) The Quest Begins!
(OOC- I literally started writing that post before Dove posted her response).

Were these people mad?

"Sam, you are welcome to talk and communicate with your words and views. It's the 'Do what I say or I'll shoot you with a crossbow' is generally frowned upon" He turns to Haile.

"Halie, she just said it wasn't a good idea to heal the bear. She wasn't commanding anyone. Healing the bear is up to you and Dreamljocht. I'm certainly not going to tell him how to use his divine power. As to our new friend threatening to kill Sam: he literally threatened to drop her if she didn't drop her weapon. We were fighting this thing for our lives 30 seconds ago."

The danger seemingly averted, Jemimwitt gave Muffins a pet and shook his head. Sometimes, he just didn't understand people.

This message was last edited by the GM at 18:11, Sat 07 Aug 2021.

Dungeon Master
 GM, 824 posts
Sat 7 Aug 2021
at 18:35
Re: (IC) The Quest Begins!
The ranger sighs as she looks in the direction of where Sam took off. She pushes it and she doesn't have the strength. Kneeling down, the cub seems to be crying curled up with the bear. Feeling like it was her fault, she is able to get the bear into her arms and it looks up at her.

Assuming everyone chips in and helps to move it the dead bear is pushed into a small area and is buried probably from help of the wagon. When someone goes back to it, its where it was normally. No one is around it. The bear can be easily buried. Haile marks it with a criss-cross and the group moves on. It seems like the group wants to talk and argue, confusion probably settles in.

The bear despite losing its parents, it slowly slips into slumber. Haile makes a makeshift harness and it lies inside of it, covered up.

OOC
So who is manning the wagon aka the reigns? Everyone has a mount minus Dove.

Dreamljocht
 Elf Cleric, 73 posts
 HP 31/41; Init +4; AC 17
 Fort 5; Will 4; Reflex 7
Sat 7 Aug 2021
at 19:06
Re: (IC) The Quest Begins!
Dreamljocht listens and shakes his head: some of his companions seem to be on edge about each other. That is not the way he likes to work within a companioship.
He calls Sam first: "Sam, you're wounded. I'm going to try to heal all of us at least a little. Come back so I can heal you too."

Then he turns to the others: "To heal as best as I can, we need to be close to each other. And it won't help if I'll try to heal you when you are bashing each others  heads after. And step back from the bear as I don't like to heal her accidentally as well. And Jem: bring Muffins here: she needs it too."

For his healing he waits till everyone is centred around him, and there is no healing without Sam. If Sam is still fuming in the woods, Dreamljocht will call him again and waits patiently.

When everyone is there, Dreamljocht touches his holy symbol, prays to Sarenrae, and everyone feels a surge of healing energy coursing through.

Dreamljocht rolled 8 using 3d6. Channel positive energy. Everyone healed for 8 hp

When the healing is done, Dreamljochts waits some moments before opening his eyes and he looks at everyone, one by one: "There seems a lot of distrust among us. Dove and Jem are new; they don't know us well and we don't know them either. Halie, Sam and I have a mission to fullfil, if Jem or Dove wants to join us we need to trust each other to work together. Tonight at our campsite we have to talk and to learn about each other, so we can trust and work together as a team, otherwise we'll fail in our quest."

For those who are sensitive enough, Dreamljochts aura is almost pulsing when he tries to apease the group.
Dungeon Master
 GM, 826 posts
Sat 7 Aug 2021
at 19:13
Re: (IC) The Quest Begins!
Sam is indead gone. He doesn't react to Dream. It slowly begins to get dark.
Dreamljocht
 Elf Cleric, 74 posts
 HP 31/41; Init +4; AC 17
 Fort 5; Will 4; Reflex 7
Sat 7 Aug 2021
at 19:29
Re: (IC) The Quest Begins!
When Sam stays in the wood, Dreamljocht takes point again: "We can't stay here this way. Sam is near and I hope he'll come back soon. My proposal is to make camp at the cart: the horses will probably not come near the dead bear. After burrying the large bear, he follows Halie and the cub to the cart.

Dreamljocht starts to collect the horses and hobble them, preventing them to run away.

This message was last edited by the player at 21:15, Sat 07 Aug 2021.

Dungeon Master
 GM, 828 posts
Sat 7 Aug 2021
at 21:12
Re: (IC) The Quest Begins!
Assuming everyone chips in and helps to move it the dead bear is pushed into a small area and is buried probably from help of the wagon. When someone goes back to it, its where it was normally. No one is around it. Everything inside of it remains the same. Sam's gear is on him. Haile marks it with a criss-cross. It seems like the group wants to talk and argue, confusion probably settles in. Its slowly getting dark but the group can move along if they want. The cart stops at the bear beforehand. Haile tells Dream she will take the bear for now and the horses seem fine with the small bear course its hidden on Haile. They are much bigger then it so its not threatening. Sam doesn't come. Maybe he's around but hard to tell.
Dreamljocht
 Elf Cleric, 75 posts
 HP 31/41; Init +4; AC 17
 Fort 5; Will 4; Reflex 7
Sat 7 Aug 2021
at 21:19
Re: (IC) The Quest Begins!
When making camp, Dreamljocht keeps on the lookout for Sam. Even if he doesn't know Sam well, Sam had saved their skin several times. Dreamljocht is troubled by the course of events.

Dreamljocht rolled 20 using 1d20+6. Perception.
Jemimwitt Haethy
 Halfling Cavalier, 62 posts
Sun 8 Aug 2021
at 05:28
Re: (IC) The Quest Begins!
After the channel, Jemimwitt moved around a bit experimentally and nodded approvingly, testing his body despite his wounds. He was still ambulatory and could ride: and that wouldn't be true without the healing he'd received.


"Thank you for your assistance, Dreamljocht. That sounds like a great idea. I'd love to hear some stories from everyone. Even Sam.

We may have had a disagreement but he definitely shouldn't be camping alone tonight in this forest. I do hope he shows up."


Not that long ago, goblins had managed to sneak close enough to literally kidnap Muffins from a full camp with guards. Sleeping out here alone sounded insanely dangerous.

Once the camp was made and he'd quickly seen to Muffins needs, he headed back to the camp for the aforementioned discussion. He had planned on also taking the time to fix his armour, but the magical chain seemed to be free of torn links: the magical armor had held up remarkably well.


22:26, Today: Jemimwitt Haethy rolled 7 using 1d20+5.  Muffins Perception.
22:25, Today: Jemimwitt Haethy rolled 15 using 1d20+6.  Perception Jemimwitt (4 against danger/stealth) for a total of 19


Dove Laneri
 Aasimar Sorcerer, 54 posts
Mon 9 Aug 2021
at 15:50
Re: (IC) The Quest Begins!
Once more Dove is confused at the actions of the party moving the bear off to the side rather then harvesting it for meat, albeit she supposes it makes sense with Halie apparently keeping the cub. She took the time to wind down as Dream healed the parties wounds and Sam still didn’t appear before they decided to hobble the horses and set up camp. Far from optimal but as her adrenaline dropped she had to admit she could use the break. Taking calming breaths she went through the mindless tasks of helping out where requested, keeping an eye out for Sam as she did. Albeit unlike the others she was more wary then worried.

08:45, Today: Dove Laneri rolled 9 using 1d20+3.  Perception.
Dreamljocht
 Elf Cleric, 79 posts
 HP 31/41; Init +4; AC 17
 Fort 5; Will 4; Reflex 7
Mon 9 Aug 2021
at 16:35
Re: (IC) The Quest Begins!
Dreamljocht looks around and asks: "I have still some minor scratches; if anyone is still wounded, I could heal us once again? I know I need some more."
Jemimwitt Haethy
 Halfling Cavalier, 64 posts
Mon 9 Aug 2021
at 22:35
Re: (IC) The Quest Begins!
Jemimwitt nodded "I also have a few injuries. The armor held up well, but I can't say the same for my ribs."

He stood around the center. He suddenly spoke very loudly so that any nearby could hear. "Sam, you are welcome to join us openly if you wish. If not, have a good night."

There was no malice in his tone.

Jemimwitt couldn't be sure, but he thought he'd heard... something watching him. It could be his imagination, some critter, Sam or something else. He thought it might be Sam, who seemed heavily invested in completing the mission and thus seemed unlikely to depart.

"Shall we have a discussion of our past as Dreamljocht suggested? Who would like to be first?"

Dreamljocht
 Elf Cleric, 80 posts
 HP 41/41; Init +4; AC 17
 Fort 5; Will 4; Reflex 7
Mon 9 Aug 2021
at 22:52
Re: (IC) The Quest Begins!
Dreamljocht holds his holy symbol once again, praying to his goddess. A new wave of healing energy runs through everyones veins. If Muffins has some wounds, these would heal too.
When Dreamljocht looks around he has some flash of a sight: it is as if he sees a second Jem, amidst the trees and shrubs. But as he blinks his eyes in disbelief, the sight is gone and he doesn't know if he had seen somenthing real or that his imagination had played tricks on him.

Dreamljocht rolled 13 using 3d6. Channel positive energy. Everyone within 30 feet heals 13 hp

This message was last edited by the player at 13:33, Tue 10 Aug 2021.

Dungeon Master
 GM, 834 posts
Mon 9 Aug 2021
at 22:57
Re: (IC) The Quest Begins!
The small group is gathered together around a small campfire. The four of them circle the campfire, food is given out as well. Haile sits some distance off with the bear upon her shoulder as she eats quietly. Its relatively peaceful. Night has fallen, everyone is together. The cleric heals the group up and waits. The quiet night, familiar sounds of a owl hooting. It has been a long day.

This message was last edited by the GM at 23:00, Mon 09 Aug 2021.

Halie Delmenn
 Human Ranger, 61 posts
Mon 9 Aug 2021
at 23:26
Re: (IC) The Quest Begins!
Her mood had soured quite a bit with everything that had happened. She didn't want to attack the momma bear...she was only protecting her cub and then to top it off with Dove wanting to kill the baby...it was too much. With a heavy sigh, her thoughts turned to Sam and what happened at the wagon as she picked up the cub and held it up to look it over. "Now...what to name you..." she said with a small, sad smile, trying not to let any emotions show.


17:19, Today: Halie Delmenn rolled 27 using 1d20+9.  Perception.
Dove Laneri
 Aasimar Sorcerer, 56 posts
Mon 9 Aug 2021
at 23:52
Re: (IC) The Quest Begins!
“I don’t mind telling you all a bit about myself but I’m not sure what exactly you want to hear. Funny stories, tales of home and hearth, epic tales?”

Dove seemed curious and a little unsure as she settled in with the others. Considering carefully the atmosphere and both Muffins and the unnamed bear cub she decided to reveal one of her own secrets. She lifted the leg of her pants to reveal a gold lined skunk against her skin and stared at it unimpressed.

“Stop being so lazy, if you want dinner come get it Stripes. Silly thing.

Perhaps it was the order or the smell of food that did it as her tattoo, scratch that, her familiar detached from her leg and crawled into her lap much like a cat demanding attention and food. She made sure that her companion got his fill though as she considered what kind of information to share with the others.
Jemimwitt Haethy
 Halfling Cavalier, 65 posts
Tue 10 Aug 2021
at 01:11
Re: (IC) The Quest Begins!
Once everything was all set up, Muffins was relaxing by the fire with Jemimwitt laying against him as a particularly large pillow.

Muffins head twisted a bit as he saw the skunk and twisted his head, whining lightly, a little confused as to why a skunk was allowed. Jemimwitt gave him a pet and he put his head back down.


"Something that says something about you would be good. Or just a good story. It's hard to say no to a good story.


Jemimwitt stopped suddenly, and made a hand gesture. Muffins was up in a minute, looking alarmed. Jemimwitt mounted Muffins and moved away from where he was standing about 30 feet.

He had not stayed alive by ignoring his intuition. It could be something as simple as a large badger den or an underground cave.

"I may just be very tired, but I swear I just felt the ground move under my feet. We may be on a sinkhole or something. We should search the area more thoroughly."

This message was last edited by the GM at 16:29, Wed 11 Aug 2021.

Dungeon Master
 GM, 837 posts
Wed 11 Aug 2021
at 16:48
Re: (IC) The Quest Begins!
The area seems safe. Peto looks around and the horses don't seem to really see anything. One of them leans forwards and is eating grass. Its quiet and calm. The bear yawns as it rests on Haile. But then something skitters across a branch! About 15' away againt something moves up a tree. Then silence besides the typical woodland nature.
Halie Delmenn
 Human Ranger, 62 posts
Wed 11 Aug 2021
at 20:55
Re: (IC) The Quest Begins!
There was a soft sigh as she looked up into the trees at the sound, eyes darting about, pausing in one area before shifting back down to the bear. The conversation from the others was tuned out as she tried to relax, enjoying the sounds of nature even though it seemed to awaken that more primal part of her.
Dove Laneri
 Aasimar Sorcerer, 59 posts
Thu 12 Aug 2021
at 15:22
Re: (IC) The Quest Begins!
"Hmmm well how about the time I met Stripes? He was always adorable. Where I grew up animals are a lot more trusting of people then normal. So Stripes and his family didn't act on edge, and thankfully no one ever got a face full of musk. But he was always the dangerously curious one of his group. Wandered off a lot from his mom, and I liked to feed him tidbits while petting him. Apparently it got me adopted as my magic bonded with him without me noticing because one day he just trotted into my leg. I maaay have cried until my mom's friend helped me figure out what happened. Almost as bad as when I tried to pet a skunk outside of my home. Not fun, but I've since learned a skunk attack is a great way to end a fight."

Dove chuckled at her own past, so so many mistakes. And who knew Skunks where so dangerous out in the wilds? Her fingers trailed lovingly through the skunks fur before she jolted slightly looking around with a slightly confused look.

"Did... the ground just move?!"

Dove seemed to hesitate before looking to the side with a shudder, oddly focused on the ground for a moment.

"Okay. Might be imagining things. I think somethings underground though. I'm definitely not gonna sleep on the ground tonight though. Brrrr. I wish I could sense Tremors."
Dungeon Master
 GM, 839 posts
Thu 12 Aug 2021
at 15:55
Re: (IC) The Quest Begins!
https://pathfinderwiki.com/med...pg/250px-Ankhrav.jpg

Right behind Dove after she speaks, the ground bursts open revealing this carapace creature! It hisses goes to bite down upon Dove's chest!

Within seconds, another creature bursts from the ground behind Muffins and Jema and proceeds to sink its mandables into flesh!

Boom! Clacking of claws and fangs, it bursts out of the ground behind Dream!

Three nasty creatures!

11:50, Today: Dungeon Master rolled 10 using 1d20+5.  Attack-Dream.

11:49, Today: Dungeon Master rolled 2 using 1d4.  Damage-Dove-Acid.

11:48, Today: Dungeon Master rolled 8 using 2d6+4.  Damage-Dove.

11:48, Today: Dungeon Master rolled 9 using 1d20+5.  Attack-Jem.

11:47, Today: Dungeon Master rolled 18 using 1d20+5.  Attack-Dove.


OOC
Dove: 10 Damage
Initiative

All of them are 10x10.!

Dove Laneri
 Aasimar Sorcerer, 60 posts
Thu 12 Aug 2021
at 16:52
Re: (IC) The Quest Begins!
Dove let out a cry of Agony as Stripes lets out a cry of fury as she's attacked without warning.

09:50, Today: Dove Laneri rolled 12 using 1d20+3.  Initiative.
Dreamljocht
 Elf Cleric, 81 posts
 HP 41/41; Init +4; AC 17
 Fort 5; Will 4; Reflex 7
Thu 12 Aug 2021
at 20:59
Re: (IC) The Quest Begins!
When the monster attacks Dreamljocht, he draws his scimitar lightning fast, but in the chaos, he misses the monster opposing him.

Dreamljocht rolled 22 using 1d20+4. Initiative.
Dreamljocht rolled 10 using 1d20+8. Attack with scimitar +1.

This message was last edited by the player at 06:57, Fri 13 Aug 2021.

Jemimwitt Haethy
 Halfling Cavalier, 68 posts
Fri 13 Aug 2021
at 00:59
Re: (IC) The Quest Begins!
Jemimwitt backed away from the monster so he could get some momentum for a charge, and then slammed back into the creature.

Move back, take the inevitable aoo, and charge
17:56, Today: Jemimwitt Haethy rolled 20 using 3d6+9.  Damage if 27 hits.

17:55, Today: Jemimwitt Haethy rolled 27 using 1d20+15.  Charge!!!! (Lance, but no challenge this time, just strength bonus).


20 damage if that hits and I don't get stopped by the AOO.

Ride Check for Muffins to attack
17:57, Today: Jemimwitt Haethy rolled 18 using 1d20+11 ((7)).

17:58, Today: Jemimwitt Haethy rolled 8 using 1d20+7 ((1)).

Auto miss on Muffins



The lance shot sunk in heavily, but Muffins found it impossible to bite at the carapace: he couldn't figure out a good way to attack that safely.
Dove Laneri
 Aasimar Sorcerer, 61 posts
Sat 14 Aug 2021
at 10:03
Re: (IC) The Quest Begins!
Dove and stripes disengage to get a bit of distance and ideally put someone in armor between her and the monsters. She could do a lot but nowhere near as much while in melee range of things tearing chunks out of her torso.

OOC
Full Round: Disengage

This message was last edited by the GM at 11:09, Sat 14 Aug 2021.

Dungeon Master
 GM, 847 posts
Sat 14 Aug 2021
at 14:23
Re: (IC) The Quest Begins!
The cavalier rushes back, missed by the creature. He charges at it, lance hitting him directly. Muffins goes to bite into him but gets nothing but carapace.

Dream draws his scimitar but misses.

Dove runs with Stripes, trying to gain distance and does it successfully.

The creature by Jem burrows into the ground and dissapears.
*Disengage into the ground. No hole.

The one that attack Dream, attacks again! It sinks its teeth into the clerics chest.
*Dream: 8 Damage, 1 Acid

Finally the one that went after Dove charges through the woods and sinks its manacled maul upon Dove!
*Dove: 10 Damage, No Damage from Acid

Haile moves to the wagon and places the bear inside. She fires at one of the creatures but misses!

The creature stares at Dove and then its head gets hit from behind twice. Its head is severed and falls to the ground in acidic ooze and standing there is Sam. His eyes narrow on the aasimar as he holds his twin kurkris.
*Creature is killed by Sam.

OOC
Group is up
---------------------------------------
Sam         (25)
Jem         (22)
Dream       (22)
*9 Damage
Dove        (12)
*20 Damage
---------------------------------------
Creatures   (09)
*One is killed
---------------------------------------
Haile       (04)

This message was last edited by the GM at 14:32, Sat 14 Aug 2021.

Dove Laneri
 Aasimar Sorcerer, 62 posts
Sat 14 Aug 2021
at 14:54
Re: (IC) The Quest Begins!
Dove let out another shrill cry of pain as her Stripes began to get even more agitated, before Sam solved the issue. She seemed hesitant on how to handle it at first, likely due to the heavy amount of pain she was in before she gently nudged Stripes with her ankle so he stopped aiming his backside at Sam.

"Thanks Sam. And now, Lady Desna, I appreciate your help."

Dove stepped away from the corpse and Sam, just in case it wasn't fully dead, before she invoked a spell quietly as her hand pulsed with a soft light. The wounds on her chest began to mend as the blood flowed back inside of her and the flesh knit. When it seemed minor scratches and rends would be left her spell seemed to give an odd final pulse, finishing off the heal.

Move: 5ft Step away from the body
Standard: Cure Moderate Wounds + Bloodline Arcana. Dove Heals for 21 Hit Points.

07:53, Today: Dove Laneri rolled 17 using 2d8+5.  Cure Moderate Wounds.
Bloodline Arcana: +4 Healing to Target in Sight (Dove)

Sam Cascious
 Tiefling Rogue, 19 posts
Sat 14 Aug 2021
at 15:31
Re: (IC) The Quest Begins!
Without a word, Sam turns and charges at the creature attacking Dream. He sinks his blade between a opening in the carapace.

23 Damage
08:29, Today: Sam Cascious rolled 16 using 3d8.

08:29, Today: Sam Cascious rolled 7 using 1d4+5.

08:28, Today: Sam Cascious rolled 21 using 1d20+11.

Dreamljocht
 Elf Cleric, 82 posts
 HP 32/41; Init +4; AC 17
 Fort 5; Will 4; Reflex 7
Sat 14 Aug 2021
at 16:09
Re: (IC) The Quest Begins!
Dreamljocht is focused on the monster in front that hit him last. WIth the wound in his shoulder, burning with acid`, he is not able to get his attack right again. He msises and is very happy to see Sam at the other side ofthe monster, attacking with his now famous kukri's.

Dreamljocht rolled 13 using 1d20+10. Attack with scimitar +1

This message was last edited by the GM at 16:10, Sat 14 Aug 2021.

Jemimwitt Haethy
 Halfling Cavalier, 70 posts
Sat 14 Aug 2021
at 17:37
Re: (IC) The Quest Begins!
Muffins instinctively backed away and growled as the creature suddenly vanished into the ground.

"Careful, mine's dug away!"

Jemimwitt gave Muffins a good spur and directed him in another low charge towards the one fighting Dream after seeing (with a little surprise) Sam kill one of the creatures.

"BY THE ORDER OF THE SWORD!"

Muffins made a mad dash across the campsite, sending up dust as his legs quickly propelled the dire corgi to an impressive rate, and once again, Jemimwitt brought his lance to bear on the target, careful not to hit the cleric.

Charge with lance. 10:33, Today: Jemimwitt Haethy rolled 24 using 1d20+13 ((11)).

10:34, Today: Jemimwitt Haethy rolled 18 using 3d6+9 ((4,4,1)).
18 Damage, roll for ride/bite

10:35, Today: Jemimwitt Haethy rolled 12 using 1d20+11 ((1))
1 Auto fails.


Muffins was reluctant to get close and bite the thing: understandable, given it's carapace. He would not try and ask Muffins to do it again: the lance was more important.
Dungeon Master
 GM, 849 posts
Sat 14 Aug 2021
at 23:36
Re: (IC) The Quest Begins!
With Jem and Sam hitting the creature, its speared by the lance and falls to the ground, dead.

Suddenly, the ground burst up 20' from the group! It hisses and lets out a acidic burst upon Sam, Jem and Dream!

DC: 14 Reflex Save
16:29, Today: Dungeon Master rolled 11 using 4d4.
Half: 6 Points of Damage


Sam darts away from the breath, using quick speed.

Haile fires at the last creature barely hitting him.
*2 Damage to creature

The rogue charges at the beast and goes to sink his blade into it!
*7 damage to creature

OOC
Group is up
---------------------------------------
Sam         (25)
Jem         (22)
Dream       (22)
*9 Damage
Dove        (12)
---------------------------------------
Creatures   (09)
*Two are killed
---------------------------------------
Haile       (04)

This message was last edited by the GM at 23:56, Sat 14 Aug 2021.

Jemimwitt Haethy
 Halfling Cavalier, 71 posts
Tue 17 Aug 2021
at 20:56
Re: (IC) The Quest Begins!
13:52, Today: Jemimwitt Haethy rolled 17 using 1d20+6.  Muffins Ref (Evasion).

13:52, Today: Jemimwitt Haethy rolled 24 using 1d20+6.  Ref Save.


Jemimwitt avoided the worst of the acid, where as Muffins managed to literally dodge the spray entirely.

Growling, Muffins charged on his own as Jemimwitt gritted his teeth, bringing his lance around quickly as he found himself propelled towards the remaining creature, bringing the lance home to just barely strike.


Charge as usual.
13:55, Today: Jemimwitt Haethy rolled 16 using 1d20+13 ((3)).
I'm pretty sure that's a miss?

Edit- Apparently not. Rolling damage.

19:33, Today: Jemimwitt Haethy rolled 23 using 3d6+9 ((5,5,4)).


This message was last edited by the player at 02:33, Wed 18 Aug 2021.

Dreamljocht
 Elf Cleric, 84 posts
 HP 26/41; Init +4; AC 17
 Fort 5; Will 4; Reflex 7
Tue 17 Aug 2021
at 22:16
Re: (IC) The Quest Begins!
The acid hits Dreamljocht although he dodges most of it. As soon as possible he attacks the critter with his scimitar, but again he misses. Harmlessly bouncing his blade on the carapace of the monster.

Dreamljocht rolled 27 using 1d20+7. Reflex save: => 6 damage
Dreamljocht rolled 12 using 1d20+8. Attack with scimitar +1

My last 5 attack rolls with bow or scimitar: 3,8,2,3,4! I'm happy that some of my other rolls are a bit higher

Dove Laneri
 Aasimar Sorcerer, 65 posts
 HP 35/35; Init +3; AC 13
 Fort+4; Will+4; Reflex+5
Wed 18 Aug 2021
at 12:20
Re: (IC) The Quest Begins!
Dove was certainly not as fast to react though it may have been due to the fact she was chanting a spell. Stripes on the other hand showing he was a little coward darted back into Dove's leg taking his place once more as a Tattoo. Finally her spell released a barrage of force missiles at the creature.

Stripes Move: Stripes returns to Tattoo form
Dove Standard: Magic Missile hits for 10 Force Damage
05:18, Today: Dove Laneri rolled 10 using 3d4+3.  Magic Missile. (Only if beast is still standing).

Dungeon Master
 GM, 856 posts
Wed 18 Aug 2021
at 14:19
Re: (IC) The Quest Begins!
Dove's spell hits and when the cavalier charges at it, that was its final call. The creature fell to the ground in a mass of mandibles and carapace as well as nasty acid.

Sam slips his blades back to where they came and walks over to Haile and the bear to check on them. Silence comes from him-he's either ticked off, had enough or doesn't care about anyone besides the ranger and the cub.
Jemimwitt Haethy
 Halfling Cavalier, 73 posts
 HP37/6 Ini+4 AC19
 F8 R6 W5
Wed 18 Aug 2021
at 15:01
Re: (IC) The Quest Begins!
Jemimwitt gave a polite nod to Sam but let him be.


"Well fought, everyone. Shall we dispose of the corpses and continue resting, or change camp sites?"

Dove Laneri
 Aasimar Sorcerer, 66 posts
 HP 35/35; Init +3; AC 13
 Fort+4; Will+4; Reflex+5
Wed 18 Aug 2021
at 15:16
Re: (IC) The Quest Begins!
Dove quietly casts Mending as the rips and tears in her clothes begin to heal, now that combat was over and her wounds where healed. A Prestidigitation also took care of any leftover blood or saliva.

"I'd probably suggest moving even if all I want is a rest, the smell of blood may bring more predators? At least that's what I was always told."
Dreamljocht
 Elf Cleric, 87 posts
 HP 38/41; Init +4; AC 17
 Fort 5; Will 4; Reflex 7
Thu 19 Aug 2021
at 07:56
Re: (IC) The Quest Begins!
"Welcome Sam, I was afraid that we had lost you. But once again you come to help us." voices Dreamljocht his concern about his missing companion.
When everyone is setteld again, Dreamljocht uses his ability to channel positive energy, holding his holy symbol and praying to Sarenrae.
"Anyone still more wounded than a few scratches that heal over night?"

Everyone wounded takes 12 hp healing: Dreamljocht rolled 12 using 3d6. Channel positive energy.
Sam Cascious
 Tiefling Rogue, 20 posts
Thu 19 Aug 2021
at 14:10
Re: (IC) The Quest Begins!
After checking on the bear and ranger, Sam turns and starts to head back into the woods. He stops, watching each of them and then keeps walking into the brush.
Halie Delmenn
 Human Ranger, 64 posts
Thu 19 Aug 2021
at 23:13
Re: (IC) The Quest Begins!
There was blush that came to her cheeks when Sam came to check on her and the bear cub but she was ultimately relieved that he came back. Her gaze darted over to Dream when he spoke to Sam but returned when she sensed him moving. Reaching out, she caught ahold of his arm. "Don't go..."
Sam Cascious
 Tiefling Rogue, 21 posts
Fri 20 Aug 2021
at 00:10
Re: (IC) The Quest Begins!
The rogue stares at the ranger. He glances at the others and then back to Haile. Sam steps back away from them and goes to where the cub lies. He waits in the back of the wagon, silently. His eyes dart around, watching. A hand goes to where the cub is resting. Its hard to tell what is more unnerving-Sam speaking or not saying a word. And telling what he is feeling. Hurt. Anger.Upset. Or nothing. Emotionless.

This message was last edited by the player at 14:41, Fri 20 Aug 2021.

Dreamljocht
 Elf Cleric, 88 posts
 HP 38/41; Init +4; AC 17
 Fort 5; Will 4; Reflex 7
Fri 20 Aug 2021
at 19:34
Re: (IC) The Quest Begins!
"Stay with us, Sam." says Dreamljocht to the rogue. The inscrutable man has earned Dreamljochts trust by now, coming to the rescue of his companions several times, even if he was not obliged.
Dove Laneri
 Aasimar Sorcerer, 68 posts
 HP 35/35; Init +3; AC 13
 Fort+4; Will+4; Reflex+5
Fri 20 Aug 2021
at 23:30
Re: (IC) The Quest Begins!
Dove moves to relax by Jemimwitt while she waits for the party to talk down Sam. She has to admit she doesn't get it, but it's none of her business. She wasn't entirely sure what to do and so decided to lean on some good advice from her aunt, namely 'let them sort their own shit out.' Perfect.

"So does this happen often in this area? The whole ambush thing." Instead she just strikes up conversation with Jemimwitt.
Sam Cascious
 Tiefling Rogue, 22 posts
Fri 20 Aug 2021
at 23:41
Re: (IC) The Quest Begins!
As much as he wants to say something, to go off on all of them-he doesn't. His eyes narrow and glances at Dream. He turns from him and leaves his hand near the cub for a moment and turns away from them. Sam takes a deep breath. Not a single word breaks from him.
Jemimwitt Haethy
 Halfling Cavalier, 74 posts
 HP53/60 Ini +4 AC 19
 Fort 8 Ref 6 Will 5
Sat 21 Aug 2021
at 15:53
Re: (IC) The Quest Begins!
Jemimwitt shook his head. "I'm new to the area as well. I've been ambushed before, but never by foes this strong.

Most of the foes we've faced, I'd have evaded rather than trying to fight on my own.

It would be nice to avoid any more nasty surprises, but I don't have my hopes up. 


The Order of the Sword required you to show a degree of bravery, not stupidity. He'd met a few cavaliers of the second variety, and they usually didn't last very long.
Dove Laneri
 Aasimar Sorcerer, 70 posts
 HP 35/35; Init +3; AC 13
 Fort+4; Will+4; Reflex+5
Sat 21 Aug 2021
at 22:12
Re: (IC) The Quest Begins!
"First goblins, then bears, and now some kind of underground bug. Yea, I'm definitely ready to get the hell out of here. Wish when my spells had woke up some kind of Alarm had, tsk. Not gonna sleep peacefully for days."

Dove let out a put upon sigh, absolutely agreeing with Jemimwitt's assessment of avoiding these kind of fights rather then tackling them head on.
Halie Delmenn
 Human Ranger, 65 posts
Sun 22 Aug 2021
at 04:17
Re: (IC) The Quest Begins!
She moved up behind Sam and wrapped her arms around him in a gentle hug. "Come on Sam...stay...for me. We need you..." Her words were soft. "Don't leave me..." Her thoughts careened back to at the wagon, that moment that was shared. "You...you can't just do what you did and leave."
Sam Cascious
 Tiefling Rogue, 23 posts
Sun 22 Aug 2021
at 09:35
Re: (IC) The Quest Begins!
As much as he wants to yell at everyone, he doesn't. The rogue winces at the hug but doesn't pull away. His eyes dart to Dove, eyes narrowed and then move away. He looks up at the sky. still being held. Silence. The rogue pulls away from her and sits on the back of the wagon near the cub.
Dungeon Master
 GM, 862 posts
Tue 24 Aug 2021
at 17:10
Re: (IC) The Quest Begins!
Soon the group finds a differet places to rest. If they wish they can take some of the body parts of the ankhegs. Sam sits at the back of the wagon, silently still with the cub. At times Halie pulls the cub close and walks around, staying clear of the Aasimar. It doesn't seem like the tiefling sleeps and whenever someone gets close other then the ranger, he pulls away and just stares at them. He just looks like he's ready for a fight, inside the camp our outside. Strange how Sam normally talks but is silent. He normally watches each person one at a time, like a cat watching its prey but he doesn't lunge.

Everyone gets some rest. Time passes and between some of the group taking watch nothing comes up from the ground, no arrows from the trees. And nothing from the woodlands. Come morning, the gathered group starts the journey once more. A few hours pass. Its getting slightly more cold now and what looks like a small inn rest against the side of tbe beginning of a mountain.
Halie Delmenn
 Human Ranger, 66 posts
Wed 25 Aug 2021
at 06:29
Re: (IC) The Quest Begins!
She felt some sense of relief when Sam doesn't make a move to leave, eventually going to lay down to get some rest, curling up with the little cub. She would have invited Sam to come lay down as well but figured he was still upset over the threats that were spoken. When morning came, she packed up her things and donned her heavier clothing.
Dove Laneri
 Aasimar Sorcerer, 71 posts
 HP 35/35; Init +3; AC 13
 Fort+4; Will+4; Reflex+5
Wed 25 Aug 2021
at 06:58
Re: (IC) The Quest Begins!
Dove had been hesitant to sleep but left Stripes on watch beside her. She slept in and got some rest, the multiple ambushes having exhausted her. She did make sure to sleep near Jemimwitt and Muffins though trusting in the dogs sense of smell alongside Stripes. As the new day dawned she woke herself up with a basic prestidigitation, cleaning herself and feeding Stripes as she groggily started the day and got ready to leave.

Dove was apparently not much of a morning person.
Dreamljocht
 Elf Cleric, 89 posts
 HP 38/41; Init +4; AC 17
 Fort 5; Will 4; Reflex 7
Wed 25 Aug 2021
at 09:43
Re: (IC) The Quest Begins!
Dreamljocht wakes early, and takes his time to pray to Sarenrae for new spells for the day to come. Clasping his holy symbol he ponders upon the blessings his goddess bestowed on him and his companions. As usual for him, he is a bit humbled by the neverending generosity of his patron.

After his morning duties, he joins his companions for a light brerakfast. As the cold chills him a bit, he brings his cloak from his kit to keep him warm during the day.
He is gladd to find Sam still with them. He doesn't fathom the man not yet; when they met first, he didn't even know if he was trustworthy at all. Dreamljocht always tries  to judge men on their deeds first and not on their appearance or ancestry.
He is quite sure that Sam has a secret, and waits patiently till the man open up.
Sam Cascious
 Tiefling Rogue, 24 posts
 HP 40/40, Init +3; AC 18
 Fort 1; Will 3; Reflex 9
Thu 26 Aug 2021
at 02:05
Re: (IC) The Quest Begins!
The rogue doesn't look at anyone, as if he doesn't see them. He remains near Haile and checks the cub, and motions for the ranger to pick it up in its sling. Sam doesn't take the reigns either, letting someone else do it.  Looking around he spots the odd building and being on the ground moves towards it.

This message was last updated by the player at 02:05, Thu 26 Aug 2021.

Halie Delmenn
 Human Ranger, 67 posts
Sun 29 Aug 2021
at 02:46
Re: (IC) The Quest Begins!
Halie picked up the little cub and it's sling and put it on, basically wearing it like a parent would with a new babe before mounting Peto. She gave Sam a small smile, glad that he stayed even if he was still mad at the group, which was understandable.
Dungeon Master
 GM, 865 posts
Wed 1 Sep 2021
at 14:04
Re: (IC) The Quest Begins!
https://www.renderhub.com/ente...ant-bar-house-01.jpg

The outside of the inn. Once inside, its all rock. Rock benches, rock tables. Even a rock and wood bar. There are no signs of anyone else but there is fireplace that looks recently lit with some coals but its low. Sam keeps his distance from everyone besides Haile-when someone approaches he moves away, and seems to be watching everyone. There is also a sloped area that leads further down, like a spiral staircase leading further into the darkness. Its quiet.

https://i.redd.it/4in21s4b58661.png
Dove Laneri
 Aasimar Sorcerer, 72 posts
 HP 35/35; Init +3; AC 13
 Fort+4; Will+4; Reflex+5
Wed 1 Sep 2021
at 14:37
Re: (IC) The Quest Begins!
Dove looked around both intrigued and a bit let down. This place looked ideal for a way station for the adventuring or traveling sort, but seemed fairly quiet. Likely it only had at most a customer or three. Which unfortunately meant she'd have to put off considering whether to stay or leave until they found someone a bit more bustling. It also meant she wouldn't be able to get any local news or stories, easily anyway.
Rogar Boulderblaster
 Dwarf Fighter, 5 posts
 HP 73/73; Init +1
 AC:22, F:+8 R+2 W +3
Tue 7 Sep 2021
at 16:49
Re: (IC) The Quest Begins!
Rogar looks around the second floor where he awoke and not seeing any of his mining associates he heads downstairs, ready to give the first person he sees a piece of his mind for not waking him for breakfast.

This message was last edited by the player at 17:23, Tue 07 Sept 2021.

Dreamljocht
 Elf Cleric, 91 posts
 HP 38/41; Init +4; AC 17
 Fort 5; Will 4; Reflex 7
Tue 7 Sep 2021
at 21:47
Re: (IC) The Quest Begins!
When they reach the building at the side of the road, Dreamljocht reigns his horse and steps down. "Let's have a look if there's someone who can tell us more of the way ahead.". He ties his horse to the cart and enters the building, together with his companions.

This message was last edited by the player at 07:06, Wed 08 Sept 2021.

Dungeon Master
 GM, 871 posts
Thu 9 Sep 2021
at 21:29
Re: (IC) The Quest Begins!
Looking back out the doorway, the cavalier seems to have taken off as well as the sorceror. Probably out scouting perhaps? Sam waits by Haile as he enters and as the dwarf comes downstairs, his eyes narrow. Least he is not armored but he does have a axe. The rogue remains silent, letting the others deal with the dwarf. He steps in front of the ranger and the babe over her shoulder-the cub.

This message was last edited by the GM at 15:40, Fri 10 Sept 2021.

Rogar Boulderblaster
 Dwarf Fighter, 7 posts
 HP 73/73; Init +1
 AC:22, F:+8 R+2 W +3
Thu 16 Sep 2021
at 12:44
Re: (IC) The Quest Begins!
Stomping down the stairs Rogar looks around the main floor.  Slightly confused by the lack of activity and his missing associates Rogar spots the newcomers entering the inn.
"You there, what's goin' on?  Where's m'friends?"
Filivum Springwing
 Halfling Sorcerer, 2 posts
 HP: 35/35, Ini: +3, AC:14
 Fort +2, Ref +4, Will +6
Sat 18 Sep 2021
at 00:25
Re: (IC) The Quest Begins!
Filivum was a bit tired, but in a good way. The King had asked him to join a group of adventurers, and while they had a head start, his magic carried him faster than them, and so he was catching up to them.
He was excited to meet them, and tell them that the King himself has decided to send him with them, but he also didn't want to startle them, so he waited a bit outside, to catch his breath, and make himself invisible, before he entered the inn.

OOC: Casting Invisibility on himself
Remaining Spells per day: 7/4

Sam Cascious
 Tiefling Rogue, 25 posts
 HP 40/40, Init +3; AC 18
 Fort 1; Will 3; Reflex 9
Sat 18 Sep 2021
at 12:59
Re: (IC) The Quest Begins!
Glancing across the room to the cleric, Sam remains silent for some reason. Everyone that wanted him dead is gone and that should change things but he can't read Dream. He sighs, keeping himself in front of Haile and the bear cub swaddled against her chest. Taking a deep breath, the tiefling does speak "Who are you?" Right to the point.
Halie Delmenn
 Human Ranger, 69 posts
Sat 18 Sep 2021
at 21:32
Re: (IC) The Quest Begins!
There was a soft blush that came to her cheeks when Sam stepped in front of her, protecting her and the little cub. Her thoughts careened back to the moment shared beside the wagon for a brief moment before she pushed them aside, trying to be present in their current situation.
Dreamljocht
 Elf Cleric, 93 posts
 HP 38/41; Init +4; AC 17
 Fort 5; Will 4; Reflex 7
Sat 18 Sep 2021
at 21:47
Re: (IC) The Quest Begins!
Dreamljocht looks at the dwarf, who is clearly missing some of his companions. "Sir dwarf, were you here with companions? When did you see them last? We encountered nobody on our way in."

This message was last edited by the player at 20:07, Mon 20 Sept 2021.

Rogar Boulderblaster
 Dwarf Fighter, 9 posts
 HP 73/73; Init +1
 AC:22, F:+8 R+2 W +3
Mon 20 Sep 2021
at 20:01
Re: (IC) The Quest Begins!
Looking over the Inn's newest guests Rogar can tell these aren't your average merchants he's dealt with typically around here.

"Name's Rogar and yes there should be several others aroun' here, including someone with my breakfast."

Looking towards the kitchen Rogar tests the air hoping to smell something good to break his fast.
Filivum Springwing
 Halfling Sorcerer, 4 posts
 HP: 35/35, Ini: +3, AC:14
 Fort +2, Ref +4, Will +6
Mon 20 Sep 2021
at 20:24
Re: (IC) The Quest Begins!
Filivum makes his way into the inn, to see what's going inside. Breakfast?! That sounds good... and he makes his way towards whatever is the kitchen.
Dreamljocht
 Elf Cleric, 95 posts
 HP 38/41; Init +4; AC 17
 Fort 5; Will 4; Reflex 7
Mon 27 Sep 2021
at 12:59
Re: (IC) The Quest Begins!
Dreamljocht listen carefully: he hears someone or something moving in the direction of the kitchen, but he doesn't see anything moving! He draws his scimitar and walks in the direction of the sound.
He positions himself in the path of what's moving and says loud and clear: Make your self visible, or I'll use my weapon to find you.
He is ready for a reaction, even a hostile attack.
Filivum Springwing
 Halfling Sorcerer, 7 posts
 HP: 35/35, Ini: +3, AC:14
 Fort +2, Ref +4, Will +6
Mon 27 Sep 2021
at 13:59
Re: (IC) The Quest Begins!
Damned these elves and their stupid hearing. Filivum stops a short distance from the elf, and knowing he can't dispel his magic, he decides to do the next best thing, he casts a spell, and aims it near the elf's right foot, sending a weak jolt of energy close to him. "Here I am, now, are you really gonna stand between a hungry halfling and his next meal? Besides, aren't you one of the guys the king has sent on a mission?"

OOC: Casting Jolt, not aimed at the elf, but in close vicinity, so that the invisibility is dispeled.

This message was last edited by the player at 14:37, Mon 27 Sept 2021.

Sam Cascious
 Tiefling Rogue, 26 posts
 HP 40/40, Init +3; AC 18
 Fort 1; Will 3; Reflex 9
Mon 27 Sep 2021
at 14:51
Re: (IC) The Quest Begins!
"You could have walked in without the spell." Sam speaks out, staying in front of Haile. His eyes narrow on the halfling, and with a quick flick two blades form into his hands. Hard to tell where they came from. First the dwarf and now a mysterious halfling? He takes a breath and slips his blades somewhere, crossing his arms over his chest and stands now in the doorway that he closes. He glances at the dwarf "We just arrived."
Filivum Springwing
 Halfling Sorcerer, 8 posts
 HP: 35/35, Ini: +3, AC:14
 Fort +2, Ref +4, Will +6
Mon 27 Sep 2021
at 16:29
Re: (IC) The Quest Begins!
"I could have, sure, but life is an adventure, and sometimes, especially for a lone halfling, life can be dangerous, so better to be safe than sorry." He makes no threatening moves towards either of them, and other than a staff seems to carry no weapons. "Besides, the king has given me a piece of paper to show you guys, that he asked me to join you."
Sam Cascious
 Tiefling Rogue, 27 posts
 HP 40/40, Init +3; AC 18
 Fort 1; Will 3; Reflex 9
Thu 30 Sep 2021
at 13:23
Re: (IC) The Quest Begins!
The mans eyes narrow "Let me see it."
Filivum Springwing
 Halfling Sorcerer, 9 posts
 HP: 35/35, Ini: +3, AC:14
 Fort +2, Ref +4, Will +6
Thu 30 Sep 2021
at 15:11
Re: (IC) The Quest Begins!
"Sure, but that means slipping my hand into my pocket to retrieve it." And he slowly pull out the paper. It's not in great condition, as he barely even folded it neatly before he stuffed it in his pocket.
Halie Delmenn
 Human Ranger, 70 posts
Mon 4 Oct 2021
at 19:58
Re: (IC) The Quest Begins!
She watched the halfling with a curiosity, placing a hand gently upon Sam's shoulder.
Dreamljocht
 Elf Cleric, 96 posts
 HP 38/41; Init +4; AC 17
 Fort 5; Will 4; Reflex 7
Mon 4 Oct 2021
at 21:02
Re: (IC) The Quest Begins!
Without showing much surprise when the halfling comes out of invisibility, Dreamljocht steps up to the small one, holding his hand outstretched and open to take a look at the king's paper.
Dungeon Master
 GM, 885 posts
Tue 5 Oct 2021
at 15:51
Re: (IC) The Quest Begins!
Sam winces as Hailie touches his shoulder, probably not expecting it. He seems to slightly relax now with the cavalier and the other sorcerer gone. But he seems to be not at ease. He lowers his hand as Filivum hands it to the cleric which explains the mission from the Kings view and signed by him. A forgery? Maybe. The rogue steps back, still protecting the ranger and cub. His eyes dart back to the somewhat angry dwarf. The last thing Sam wants to do is deal with him. But he can easily enough "Should check the area, see if we can find this dwarves friends."
Halie Delmenn
 Human Ranger, 71 posts
Sun 10 Oct 2021
at 02:03
Re: (IC) The Quest Begins!
"Go ahead...we will be fine unless you want me to accompany you," Halie said softly after taking a deep breath and letting it out slowly.
Filivum Springwing
 Halfling Sorcerer, 10 posts
 HP: 35/35, Ini: +3, AC:14
 Fort +2, Ref +4, Will +6
Sun 10 Oct 2021
at 04:16
Re: (IC) The Quest Begins!
"Oooh, I have an idea, I'll check out the kitchen, you know, his 'friends' might be hungry." Said the halfling, in a somewhat excited voice.
Dreamljocht
 Elf Cleric, 97 posts
 HP 38/41; Init +4; AC 17
 Fort 5; Will 4; Reflex 7
Mon 11 Oct 2021
at 16:04
Re: (IC) The Quest Begins!
Dreamljocht walks with the halfling to the kitchen; he rests his hand lightly on the shoulder of the halfling as to be sure that he doesn't turn invisible again.
Filivum Springwing
 Halfling Sorcerer, 12 posts
 HP: 35/35, Ini: +3, AC:14
 Fort +2, Ref +4, Will +6
Mon 11 Oct 2021
at 16:38
Re: (IC) The Quest Begins!
The Hafling looks around the kitchen, and when he finds nothing amiss, he'll go about making himself a modest breakfast of eggs, salad, sausages, and any mead he can find. While doing so, he talks to the Elf "So, would you mind telling me about you and your friends? if we're gonna be traveling companions, we might as well get to know each other."
Dungeon Master
 GM, 888 posts
Mon 11 Oct 2021
at 16:48
Re: (IC) The Quest Begins!
"Hey! You are not bloody allowed in there you good for nothin' son of a..." The dwarf goes to get in front of the cleric and sorceror "Now you want to steal from here eh? Yer either pay fer the meal and I'll go fetch it or get out." He gets in front of them, big burly arms blocking them both "I'll find them. Why don't you just leave eh? Go running into my kitchen-or try- and apprarently you want to see what I got when yer not wanted in the kitchen. Have you not been to a bloody tavern? Leave. Now."
Filivum Springwing
 Halfling Sorcerer, 13 posts
 HP: 35/35, Ini: +3, AC:14
 Fort +2, Ref +4, Will +6
Mon 11 Oct 2021
at 16:53
Re: (IC) The Quest Begins!
"Alright, alright, we're leaving. I tell you, some people are too laced up for their own good." The halfling replies.

This message was last edited by the GM at 17:02, Mon 11 Oct 2021.

Dungeon Master
 GM, 890 posts
Mon 11 Oct 2021
at 17:08
Re: (IC) The Quest Begins!
"Yah need to bloody asked instead of wandering around like a lost puppy." The dwarves hands tensed up "Yeh need tak learned a lesson. Would yah want someone yah didn't know walkin' into yer home looking for food without asking? No." He wipes off his beard. He grumbles under his breath.

The rogue watches the two of them going at it and since he's not friends with either one, he leans against the wall watching. Once its dealt with, Sam steps in front of Haile and the cub like a protector. Just a simple nod to the angry dwarf before he steps out once everyone else leaves minus the dwarf.
Dreamljocht
 Elf Cleric, 98 posts
 HP 38/41; Init +4; AC 17
 Fort 5; Will 4; Reflex 7
Fri 15 Oct 2021
at 19:07
Re: (IC) The Quest Begins!
Dreamljocht looks a bit surprised when the dwarf reacts so hostike upon their walk to the kitchen: "You just asked where your comrads were? And we were to look in the kitchen for you, as we did see no one outside or in yet. But please, master dwarf, don't be angry; we'll stay away from your kitchen and you can look for yourself if your folk is there."
Dungeon Master
 GM, 894 posts
Fri 15 Oct 2021
at 20:03
Re: (IC) The Quest Begins!
"Bloody hell you were. That halfling tried to storm on on like he ran the place and I don't want no one in my kitchen you heard? Leave. I'd had that there enough of you. Go on elf. Yer right. Master Dwarf in my place and yah ain' listening. Can you hear me elf? I got the right tah be angry! Get out of me inn and keep that there halfling on a leash you hear me!" The dwarf is definatly not in a good mood.
Filivum Springwing
 Halfling Sorcerer, 14 posts
 HP: 35/35, Ini: +3, AC:14
 Fort +2, Ref +4, Will +6
Fri 15 Oct 2021
at 20:13
Re: (IC) The Quest Begins!
The change in Filivum is as drastic, as can be. He does a somersault to land near the dwarf, and electrical sparks can be seen between his fingers, where he holds the dwarf's beard. "I've had enough of your whining MISTRESS DWARF! I AM leaving these premises, because I would not tolerate a buffon such as yourself, but a single word out of place, and I will singe that beard off your face, and leave you as smooth as a baby's butt." And he winks at the elf.

OOC: Acrobatics check
23:12, Today: Filivum Springwing rolled 25 using 1d20+14 ((11)).

Intimidate check
23:15, Today: Filivum Springwing rolled 20 using 1d20+4 ((16)).

This message was last edited by the player at 20:15, Fri 15 Oct 2021.

Dungeon Master
 GM, 895 posts
Fri 15 Oct 2021
at 20:43
Re: (IC) The Quest Begins!
"I'd like to see you try you no good son of a troll's butt. You walked in here, actin' like you owned the place and when I spoked up yah got all defensive! I think yer mom didn't ween yah long enough and didn't teach you a damn thing about walking in and doing what yer been doing! GET OUT!" The dwarf roars at everyone and doesn't seem even remotlely phased by the halflings jest and attempted at anything. He slames the halflings hands down, being a lot stronger and send him sailing back across the room but he stops easily enough.

"GET OUT! Or I will show you a thing or two you won't forget! If you think you can throw yourself at me and me beard try it again!"

Sam glances at the cleric and sorceror "Let's leave. No need to show off. Dwarves aren't smart to mess with. You do it, your on your own." He seems serious as he stares at the sorceror.
Filivum Springwing
 Halfling Sorcerer, 15 posts
 HP: 35/35, Ini: +3, AC:14
 Fort +2, Ref +4, Will +6
Fri 15 Oct 2021
at 22:39
Re: (IC) The Quest Begins!
Filivum walks out, not looking back at the dwarf.
Halie Delmenn
 Human Ranger, 73 posts
Mon 18 Oct 2021
at 20:14
Re: (IC) The Quest Begins!
Halie gave a nod at Sam's words and headed towards the door, intent on leaving.
Dreamljocht
 Elf Cleric, 99 posts
 HP 38/41; Init +4; AC 17
 Fort 5; Will 4; Reflex 7
Mon 18 Oct 2021
at 22:29
Re: (IC) The Quest Begins!
Before leaving, Dreamljocht, places 2 gold on the bar. "Sorry for the rude interruption; it was not our intention to disturb you, but to help. I hope these gold pieces will help you regain your good humour, sir dwarf."
Dungeon Master
 GM, 897 posts
Tue 19 Oct 2021
at 15:20
Re: (IC) The Quest Begins!
The dwarf growls, takes the money and slams the door behind them as they leave.

Outside, its a bit cold but decent. Sam watches the sorcerer, and climbs up on the wagon. The horses get a bit skittish around him. He then watches the cleric but he is silent. With all that happened he doesn't try to talk-last time with some others he did just that and everyone turned. Yet the cleric is different. Maybe.

The wagon pushes on ahead, Sam offering to carry the cub so it is easier for Haile to ride. Seems the halfling has a horse as well. Forest and more forest lining the road. It gets steep at times and circles towards the north. Nothing pops out. A few hours pass and something seems to be in the center of the road.

OOC
Perception Checks

Filivum Springwing
 Halfling Sorcerer, 16 posts
 HP: 35/35, Ini: +3, AC:14
 Fort +2, Ref +4, Will +6
Tue 19 Oct 2021
at 15:42
Re: (IC) The Quest Begins!
Filivum is quietly following on his donkey. He knows he messed up somewhat, but he didn't know how to apologize, and he didn't know if any of them wanted him around.

OOC:

Perception: Filivum Springwing rolled 12 using 1d20+4 ((8)).

Dreamljocht
 Elf Cleric, 100 posts
 HP 38/41; Init +4; AC 17
 Fort 5; Will 4; Reflex 7
Tue 19 Oct 2021
at 16:10
Re: (IC) The Quest Begins!
Dreamljocht rides on the cart, his thoughts more on the last couple of days as it seems almost impossible as a group to function socially well outside battle.

Dreamljocht rolled 15 using 1d20+6. Perception

This message was last edited by the GM at 16:12, Tue 19 Oct 2021.

Dungeon Master
 GM, 902 posts
Mon 25 Oct 2021
at 13:22
Re: (IC) The Quest Begins!
The ranger slips off her horse and tosses the reins up to Sam who catches them. She pulls out her bow, nocking a arrow and motions for the sorcerer to stay behind the wagon probably for cover. Sam watches what is going on, but remains on the wagon. As the cleric slowly rides along he stops. Haile gets closer, watching the area and as she gets close she stops "Its the dog. But where is Dove and Jem?"

As much as Sam didn't like them-they did help. Their personalities didn't mess and everyone back Dove. He moves the wagon closer and slips off "You think he is still alive?" His eyes dart to the cleric then back to the ranger. The rogue watches the area.
Dreamljocht
 Elf Cleric, 101 posts
 HP 38/41; Init +4; AC 17
 Fort 5; Will 4; Reflex 7
Mon 25 Oct 2021
at 19:03
Re: (IC) The Quest Begins!
Curious Dreamljocht looks at what's on the road. His hand on his scimitar he steps down and walks slowly down the road, scanning the shoulders of the road for anything dangerously. When he comes at the dog, he kneels and feels for a beating heart or any other sign of life.
Filivum Springwing
 Halfling Sorcerer, 17 posts
 HP: 35/35, Ini: +3, AC:14
 Fort +2, Ref +4, Will +6
Tue 26 Oct 2021
at 05:30
Re: (IC) The Quest Begins!
Filivum stops near the wagon, and whispers "What's going on?"
Dreamljocht
 Elf Cleric, 102 posts
 HP 38/41; Init +4; AC 17
 Fort 5; Will 4; Reflex 7
Thu 28 Oct 2021
at 22:45
Re: (IC) The Quest Begins!
"Dead, but no sign of outside wounds. I don't know what killed him. But Jem would not let his companion and mount lay here on the road without any care. I fear for more trouble for the halfling." Stil kneeling, Dreamljocht scans the surrounding countryside fo a sign of the halfling.
Halie Delmenn
 Human Ranger, 74 posts
Sun 31 Oct 2021
at 05:07
Re: (IC) The Quest Begins!
Halie let out a soft sigh. "Probably a lot of trouble...be on guard..." Her voice was low, eyes scanning the immediate area for any signs of danger.
Dreamljocht
 Elf Cleric, 103 posts
 HP 38/41; Init +4; AC 17
 Fort 5; Will 4; Reflex 7
Wed 3 Nov 2021
at 23:31
Re: (IC) The Quest Begins!
Dreamljocht stands besides the dog. He starts walking in a spiral pattern around the dead animal, looking for tracks or any sign of the living or dead halfling. His weapon in his hand and all his senses on high alert for signs of trouble.
Dungeon Master
 GM, 907 posts
Thu 4 Nov 2021
at 15:13
Re: (IC) The Quest Begins!
There seems to be no sign of the halfling or aasimar. But there are tracks, two sets heading into the forest. Getting the wagon through would be pretty tough but could be left on the side of the road. Sam stares at the dead dog and glances at the others "As much as I don't want to follow the tracks, we will. Save them and what then? Have them turn on me all over again for defending the cub against someone we just -met-?" Sam lets it out. He glances at the cleric and wants to say something to him but stops and turns as he sees the sorcerer "There's no dwarves here so you can come out." Wise guy.
Filivum Springwing
 Halfling Sorcerer, 18 posts
 HP: 35/35, Ini: +3, AC:14
 Fort +2, Ref +4, Will +6
Thu 4 Nov 2021
at 17:01
Re: (IC) The Quest Begins!
"Am NOT hiding" Filvum calls out.

He walks up to Sam, and studies the tracks
Dreamljocht
 Elf Cleric, 104 posts
 HP 38/41; Init +4; AC 17
 Fort 5; Will 4; Reflex 7
Fri 5 Nov 2021
at 22:51
Re: (IC) The Quest Begins!
Dreamljocht feels Sam frustration bristling in the air. "I can't let them be in mortal danger without a try to rescue them, even if they are not our companions anymore. But if we meet again, what I hope, I 'll stand for you, Sam, so there will be no name calling or abuse between them and you."
Dreamljocht extends his searching pattern.

[OOC: Pardon my English]

This message was last edited by the player at 00:04, Sat 06 Nov 2021.

Sam Cascious
 Tiefling Rogue, 28 posts
 HP 40/40, Init +3; AC 18
 Fort 1; Will 3; Reflex 9
Fri 5 Nov 2021
at 23:13
Re: (IC) The Quest Begins!
"And it will start over again. You will take their side for some unknown reason. I will help of course but if we find them and I sense even a hint I will not hold back. You stand there willing to let them kill a cub and attempt to push me out of the group because its right? Is that what you wanted?" The rogue lets him have it. He is definatly not holding back "Stand for me like you did before? When? I saw no signs of it. They wanted to use me. Now they need me. Ironic." He finally relaxes "She threatened a cub and threatened to burn me. Doesn't that go against your code? And the cavalier turned." His voice is serious but he calms down and takes a deep breath and glances at the sorceror "There's no dwarf. Your safe." Perhaps some witty banter between Sam and Fili? Hard to tell where he stands but the halfling seems amusing. He seems to tense up as the ranger gets close and finally chills out. Something about her....
Dreamljocht
 Elf Cleric, 105 posts
 HP 38/41; Init +4; AC 17
 Fort 5; Will 4; Reflex 7
Sat 6 Nov 2021
at 23:35
Re: (IC) The Quest Begins!
Passing Sam in his patterned walk, Dreamljocht stops a moment and looks Sam in his eyes: "Sam, you have been a very loyal companion, something I can't say about the missing men. I promise I'll stand with you if the need arises again." After these words he continues his search.
Halie Delmenn
 Human Ranger, 75 posts
Tue 9 Nov 2021
at 03:31
Re: (IC) The Quest Begins!
Halie Looked between Dream and Sam though she hovered a little closer to Sam, more to try and calm him if anything. The cubling wriggled about a bit but she reached down and gently pet its head.
Dungeon Master
 GM, 908 posts
Tue 9 Nov 2021
at 18:17
Re: (IC) The Quest Begins!
"I don't want to hear it." Right to the point. Sam glances around and back at the halfling for a moment. When everyone is set, Haile leads the way as the group follows the tracks into the woodlands. And more blood becomes visible on the trees the ground..all over. But whos bleeding or dying? As they keep moving, they find a foot covered in blood and torn from its owner. Soon they find another foot, then both arms and hands and lying against the tree is Dove. No arms, no legs. Her mouth is ripped off. Coming out of the woods are two large creatures. One of them drops something and throws it at the group. It barely misses Sam and as he turns, its the cavalier. Both of them howl and growl.

OOC
Initiative!

Also make a Knowledge (Nature) check to figure out what these creatures are.

Filivum Springwing
 Halfling Sorcerer, 19 posts
 HP: 35/35, Ini: +3, AC:14
 Fort +2, Ref +4, Will +6
Tue 9 Nov 2021
at 19:15
Re: (IC) The Quest Begins!
Filivum's stomach churned as they found the gruesome pieces, and came face to face with the creatures, but he was resolute to fend them off.

OOC: Filivum Springwing rolled 9 using 1d20+3 ((6)).

Dreamljocht
 Elf Cleric, 106 posts
 HP 38/41; Init +4; AC 17
 Fort 5; Will 4; Reflex 7
Wed 10 Nov 2021
at 18:04
Re: (IC) The Quest Begins!
FInding the gruesome remnantys of Dove chills Dreamljocht  blood in his veins. He fears for the halfling and readies his waepon
As the creatures come fore out of the woods, he immediately takes his holy symbol in his hand and cast Prayer on himself and his companions.

OOC: Prayer: You bring special favor upon yourself and your allies while bringing disfavor to your enemies. You and each of your allies gain a +1 luck bonus on attack rolls, weapon damage rolls, saves, and skill checks, while each of your foes takes a -1 penalty on such rolls.

Dreamljocht rolled 19 using 1d20+4. Initiative.
Dreamljocht rolled 20 using 1d20+1.  Knowledge Nature (+1 from Prayer).

Halie Delmenn
 Human Ranger, 76 posts
Fri 12 Nov 2021
at 01:44
Re: (IC) The Quest Begins!
Halie frowned deeply at Sam's reaction when Dream was telling him that he would back him up. There was definitely something going on between the two of them but she did not approve of the way he was behaving...it was more like a child throwing a tantrum. With a heavy sigh from her nose, Halie proceeded forward, leading the group. Finding the body parts was a bit disturbing but if it bothered Halie, it did not show. She had long been desensitized to blood and gore and body parts thanks to hunting and having to butcher what she'd catch. Her breath caught in her throat as the two creatures came upon the scene, her bow readied with a nocked arrow.


18:42, Today: Halie Delmenn rolled 7 using 1d20+3.  Initiative.
18:43, Today: Halie Delmenn rolled 14 using 1d20+7.  Knowledge (Nature).

Gnemmiert
 Dwarf Gunslinger, 2 posts
 HP 65/65; Init +4; AC 18
 Fort 7; Reflex 8; Will 5
Sun 14 Nov 2021
at 03:49
Re: (IC) The Quest Begins!
Gnemmiert rode slowly along the road astride his pony. It was a long, uneventful journey so far. Stroking the pony's neck he snorted to himself, "Just as well, eh, Old Boy? Just as well."

As he went along, the dwarf spotted a large shape along the side of the road. As he rode closer, and shape didn't seem to move, Gnem's attention focused. It was a wagon. "Why you think it was just left here at the side of the rode? Guess well find out so keep your eye open."

Slowing as he came along side the wagon Gnem saw the remains of the dog and the mess of tracks around it and the wagon. "Can't tell how many where here..." With a grunt he slid from the saddle, taking a rein in his left hand he walked to the pony to the side of the wagon. "Best you stay here while I have a look around. No you'll be fine. I'll come back now, hush!" Drawing his musket from the saddle holster Gnemmiert walked over to the body of the dog. With a considered "Hmmm," he traced the dominant steps until he found the trail heading off to the woods.

Trudging off along the trail, he went as carefully as his legs and saddle sores could manage. Gnem started to think about turning back, but as the trail turned to gore he pressed on. Just as he came upon what he assumed were the people that made the track he was following, the two great beasts came out the woods. "BLOODY HELLS!" Pulling his musket to his shoulder Gnem shot off a round at the nearer of the two creatures.



OOC: Assuming I'm 40-80' away on this shot.
08:42, Today: Gnemmiert rolled 8 using 1d20+4.  Initiative
22:46, Today: Gnemmiert rolled 18,16 using 1d20+8,1d12+4.  musket shot, welcome.
Edit: added initiative

This message was last edited by the player at 13:44, Sun 14 Nov 2021.

Dungeon Master
 GM, 916 posts
Sun 14 Nov 2021
at 16:44
Re: (IC) The Quest Begins!
Dream casts his spell, watching these strange creatures.
--------------
The creature growls! One of them attacks Sam after chargin, moving 30' towards him. The other charges at Dream same as Sam!

Creature 1 (Sam) Hits for 9 Damage

Creature 2 (Dream) Hits for 9 Damage
-------------
Fili readies himself (40')

Grem enters the fray and fires at one of the creatures, hitting the big beast! (40')

Haile notches a arrow, keeping her distance (40')


OOC
Group is up. Dream does your spell hit Grem as well?

Dream (19) 10' from creature
-Prayer
+1 luck bonus on attack rolls, weapon
damage rolls, saves, and skill checks,
while each of your foes takes a -1
penalty on such rolls
-9 Damage
--------------------------------------
Creatures (12)
-AC 16/14 when charging
-Creature 1 ??/16
-Creature 2 ??/??
--------------------------------------
Fili  (09)
-Prayer

Sam   (08) 10' from creature
-Prayer
-9 Damage

Gnemmiert (08)

Haile (07)
-Prayer

Filivum Springwing
 Halfling Sorcerer, 22 posts
 HP: 35/35, Ini: +3, AC:14
 Fort +2, Ref +4, Will +6
Sun 14 Nov 2021
at 17:41
Re: (IC) The Quest Begins!
These big brutes were terrifying, and Filivum knew that his electric touch could deliver a nasty shock, but he didn't wanna be near them, and was afraid that one hit from them would cause him to be knocked out, so, he pointed at the one that has hit the elven cleric, and shot a blast of lightning at him.

Filivum Springwing rolled 18 using 1d20+5 ((13)) attack (ranged touch)
Filivum Springwing rolled 8 using 1d6+2 ((6)) damage

Gnemmiert
 Dwarf Gunslinger, 3 posts
 HP 65/65; Init +6; AC 19
 Fort 7; Reflex 8; Will 5
Sun 14 Nov 2021
at 18:49
Re: (IC) The Quest Begins!
Emboldened by his shot, Gnem moved closer to the beasts. After about 7 or 8 quick paces, he shouted "LOAD!" and locked back the musket's hammer. Steadying his musket, and his mind, Gnem took a practiced shot at the same beast as before.



OOC:
Move 20' closer
Swift Bandolier load
Deadeye shot

13:47, Today: Gnemmiert rolled 17,13 using 1d20+11,1d12+5.  deadeye shot (touch), Point blank.

Dreamljocht
 Elf Cleric, 107 posts
 HP 29/41; Init +4; AC 17
 Fort 5; Will 4; Reflex 7
Sun 14 Nov 2021
at 20:01
Re: (IC) The Quest Begins!
Dreramljocht takes the wound in stride; he keeps further damage at bay; working the monster with his scimitar and shield. "Those are trolls! In the end we must kill them off with fire or acid!" he shouts to his companions and the new one, who made his entrance with a bang.

He attacks the monster that attacks him.

Dreamljocht rolled 9 using 1d6+5. Possible damage:
Dreamljocht rolled 17 using 1d20+9. Attack with scimitar +1 + prayer

Dungeon Master
 GM, 920 posts
Thu 18 Nov 2021
at 19:48
Re: (IC) The Quest Begins!
The cleric swings his scimitar at the troll, getting close to him. His sword connects, harming him but it starts to seal up!
--------------
Creature 1 (Sam) It goes to sink its claws into Sam's flesh and rip into him.
Sam: Take 23 damage

Creature 2 (Dream) It roars and attacks Dream. It misses with a claw but hits with a powerful bite and another claw.
Dream: Take 18 Damage
-------------
Fili casts his spell as it connects with the troll!

Sam disengages, feelings the nasty wounds covered his sides and part of his neck as he tries to get behind the dwarf.

Grem fires at the troll! The bullet slams into the troll and it roars in pain!

Haile fires another two more shot at the troll but misses!

OOC
Group is up. Dream does your spell hit Grem as well?

Dream (19) 5' from creature
-Prayer
+1 luck bonus on attack rolls, weapon
damage rolls, saves, and skill checks,
while each of your foes takes a -1
penalty on such rolls
-28 Damage
--------------------------------------
Creatures (12)
-AC 16/14 when charging
-Creature 1 ??/41
--------------------------------------
Fili  (09) 30' from creature
-Prayer

Sam   (08) 40' from creature
-Prayer
-32 Damage

Gnemmiert (08) 30' from creature

Haile (07) 30' from creature
-Prayer

Gnemmiert
 Dwarf Gunslinger, 5 posts
 HP 65/65; Init +6; AC 19
 Fort 7; Reflex 8; Will 5
Thu 18 Nov 2021
at 20:19
Re: (IC) The Quest Begins!
Gnem planted his feet, deftly loading another shot, leveled the musket and squeezed the trigger. Before he even saw the shot hit its mark Gnem yelled "LOAD!" anticipating the need to use the musket again.



OOC:
Full round: Dead eye, Rapid shot w/ deadly aim: 1st shot hit touch AC 22 for 20 points of damage. 2nd misfires.

15:08, Today: Gnemmiert rolled 20 22,20,8,12 using 1d20+7 9,1d12+9,1d20+7,1d12+9.  dead eye, rapid shouted, deadly aim (-4 -2 to hit, shots +4 damage).
Edit: Unable to use Rapid Shot this round.

This message was last edited by the player at 14:59, Fri 19 Nov 2021.

Halie Delmenn
 Human Ranger, 77 posts
Sun 28 Nov 2021
at 21:01
Re: (IC) The Quest Begins!
There were several soft curses that slipped her lips, worried for Sam and the others yet also not willing to get in too close given the baby bear cub that was still worned, snuggled, to her chest. She nocked an arrow and let it fly, nocking and releasing another in rapid succession.



13:57, Today: Halie Delmenn rolled 22 using 1d20+6.  Attack: Longbow, Composite +1.
14:00, Today: Halie Delmenn rolled 9 using 1d8+1.  Damage: Longbow, Composite +1.


13:57, Today: Halie Delmenn rolled 18 using 1d20+6.  Attack: Longbow, Composite +1.
14:00, Today: Halie Delmenn rolled 3 using 1d8+1.  Damage: Longbow, Composite +1.

Dreamljocht
 Elf Cleric, 112 posts
 HP 29/41; Init +4; AC 17
 Fort 5; Will 4; Reflex 7
Mon 29 Nov 2021
at 22:14
Re: (IC) The Quest Begins!
Dreamljocht casts his Cure Moderate Wounds spell, touching himself. Immediately he feels somewhat revived. He fights completely defensive now, letting the offensive attacks to his companions.
He sees the heavy wounds Sam suffered, but he cannot wage to use his channel healing energy as it would help the troll as well. He hopes that Sam, will keep out of more harms way, so he can heal him soon.

Dreamljocht rolled 18 using 2d8+5. Cure Moderate Wounds.
Fighting defensively: +2 on AC => 20 (including Prayer)

Genm is not boosted by Prayer as he was not near enough at start

Filivum Springwing
 Halfling Sorcerer, 26 posts
 HP: 40/40, Ini: +3, AC:14
 Fort +3, Ref +4, Will +6
Tue 30 Nov 2021
at 04:02
Re: (IC) The Quest Begins!
Filivum decided to spring a little surprise at the critter, and began to cast a spell "Arga! Gonda! Avecua!" and a ball of electricity formed in his hand, which he proceeded to throw at the creature.

OOC: Casting Snowball as an electricity spell. The Troll can make a Fort Save, DC 15, or be Staggered for 1 round.
Filivum Springwing rolled 10 using 1d20+6 ((4)). Touch Attack Roll
Filivum Springwing rolled 20 using 5d6 ((3,6,6,3,2)). damage roll

Dungeon Master
 GM, 930 posts
Tue 30 Nov 2021
at 18:11
Re: (IC) The Quest Begins!
Stepping back, Dream casts his healing spell.
-Heals for 10
--------------
The creature roars loudly and swings its claws, and attempts to tear into the flesh of the cleric. Luckly one claw barely gets through his defense. It wounds continue to heal up!
-Dream take 7 Damage
-------------
Fili fires off his spell but it barely misses its mark!

Sam pulls out his bow and fires but misses!

Grem fires his musket, and he hits its mark but it doesn't drop him!

Haile fires off two more arrows, one hitting its mark!

OOC
Group is up. Dream does your spell hit Grem as well?

Dream (19) 10' from creature
-Prayer
+1 luck bonus on attack rolls, weapon
damage rolls, saves, and skill checks,
while each of your foes takes a -1
penalty on such rolls
-17 Damage
--------------------------------------
Creatures (12)
-AC 16/14 when charging
-Creature  ??/65
--------------------------------------
Fili  (09)
-Prayer

Sam   (08) 10' from creature
-Prayer
-9 Damage

Gnemmiert (08)

Haile (07)
-Prayer

Gnemmiert
 Dwarf Gunslinger, 8 posts
 HP 65/65; Init +6; AC 19
 Fort 7; Reflex 8; Will 5
Tue 30 Nov 2021
at 19:31
Re: (IC) The Quest Begins!
Gnem cursed as he could see the creature's wounds heal themselves. "Bloody troll! We need FIRE!" as he squeezed the trigger.

Even before the smoke cleared the dwarf yelled, "Load!" and managed to squeeze off another round. The second round hitting in nearly the same place as the first shot.



OOC:
Full attack: Hit touch AC 24 for 19 damage, hit touch AC 24 for 17 damage

14:21, Today: Gnemmiert rolled 24,19,24,17 using 1d20+7,1d12+9,1d20+7,1d12+9.  deadeye shot (touch), Point blank, rapid shot, deadly aim (-4 to hit, +4 to damage).


Dreamljocht
 Elf Cleric, 113 posts
 HP 22/41; Init +4; AC 17
 Fort 5; Will 4; Reflex 7
Sat 4 Dec 2021
at 16:33
Re: (IC) The Quest Begins!
Dreamljocht grabs his holy symbol and presents it to the monster shouting: Sarenrae, hear me in my need and casts Searing Light.
He projects a blast of pure light, hitting the critter square in the chest, staggering him back for a moment.

Dreamljocht rolled 18 using 1d20+7. Ranged touch attack.
Dreamljocht rolled 15 using 2d8. Damage from searing light.

Dungeon Master
 GM, 937 posts
Sat 4 Dec 2021
at 17:48
Re: (IC) The Quest Begins!
Stepping back to get out of its reach being so close, the cleric casts his spell as searing light hits it in the chest. It howls and steps back before falling to the ground not moving. The blast from the gun hits it along the back of the head. Sam pulls out his kurkris and takes a deep breath.

This message was last edited by the GM at 01:50, Sun 05 Dec 2021.

Gnemmiert
 Dwarf Gunslinger, 10 posts
 HP 65/65; Init +6; AC 19
 Fort 7; Reflex 8; Will 5
Mon 6 Dec 2021
at 20:08
Re: (IC) The Quest Begins!
Gnem approaches the fallen troll, keeping his musket trained on the creature. Stopping about 10 feet from the creature, "Will that light show be enough, elf, or does someone need to break out their torches?

"Go ahead, best be safe. I'll keep it covered while someone tinders their brand."

Dungeon Master
 GM, 938 posts
Mon 6 Dec 2021
at 20:41
Re: (IC) The Quest Begins!
"Torch it." Sam stands up and glances at Haile. Realizing she is okay, the rogue starts to walk over to the gunslinger. His eyes narrow as he watches the dwarf but instead of having a argument or starting anything-he simply goes over to the dead bodies of the cavalier and sorcerers and removes anything of value. He's a thief but doesn't try to hide it. Its really hard to tell what is going on in his mind. First he checks Dove's body then the Jems most of the gear is either scattered and visible or gone-perhaps in the troll's lair. Most of Jem's gear is messed up and is of no use or not found and the body of his dog lies back on the road. There's a few blankets but they are torn about, and any other gear is either messed up or some is missing. Least there is enough food and water as well as blankets for the time being. Perhaps with more time other items or gear could be found but there may be other creatures loming around. Of course Jem's body was torn in half....

Dove's Gear:
-Masterwork L Crossbow
-Crossbow Bolts  (18 Left)
-Dagger
-Light Mace
-Spell Component's Pouch
-Wand of Create Water
-Runestone of Power (L1) 1   2,000   Necklace   a coil of metal looped through a simple iron chain. The rune means 'Hope'.
-Book of Desna

Jem's Gear:
-Compass
-Wand of Cure Light (50)
-Chain Shirt +1
-Dandy Brush

Dreamljocht
 Elf Cleric, 114 posts
 HP 41/41; Init +4; AC 17
 Fort 5; Will 4; Reflex 7
Mon 6 Dec 2021
at 21:17
Re: (IC) The Quest Begins!
When they torch the troll, Dreamljocht gives a hand, wrinkling his nose for the stench the corpse produces. As soon as the body is gone, he gathers everyone who is wounded, especially Sam, as he seems the most heavy wounded.
"I could not use my channeling of positive energy earlier, as the troll would have benefitted too, but now I can heal."

His hand on his holy symbol and a prayer to his goddess results in a wave of positive and healing energy, that everyone feels rolling over.
If someone needs more healing, he prays for a second wave.

"That feels better, I presume, Sam," he asks the elusive man.
When Sam comes up with the wand of cure light wound, he asks: "Would you mind when I take this one? It augments my possibilities a lot."

Dreamljocht rolled 13 using 3d6. Wave of healing energy.
Dreamljocht rolled 11 using 3d6. Wave of healing energy.

This message was last edited by the player at 21:21, Mon 06 Dec 2021.

Dungeon Master
 GM, 939 posts
Mon 13 Dec 2021
at 04:42
Re: (IC) The Quest Begins!
Nodding his head, Sam gives the wand to the cleric. He looks at all the amount of gear found and gives out what he feels is best. He winces in pain, gritting his teeth just as he and well everyone is hit with two waves of healing energy. The rogue nods his head afterwards "Thanks." He glances at the dwarf, watching him for a moment realizing its probably best for him to not ask any questions.

Dove's Gear:
-Masterwork L Crossbow (+1 Bonus to Hit)
*Given to Filivum
-Crossbow Bolts  (18 Left)
*Given to Filivum
-Spell Component's Pouch-Just a spare empty pouch
*Given to Filivum
-Wand of Create Water (50 Charges)
*Given to Filivum
-Runestone of Power (L1) 1   2,000   Necklace   a coil of metal looped through a simple iron chain. The rune means 'Hope'.
*Given to Dreamljock or Filivun?
https://www.d20pfsrd.com/magic.../runestone-of-power/

Jem's Gear:
-Compass
*Given to Halie
-Wand of Cure Light (50)
*Given to Dreamljock
-Chain Shirt +1
*Given to Dreamljock (Well better then a +3. With it +5! -1 Armor Penalty)
-Dandy Brush
*Given to Halie for her horse

Left:
-Dagger
-Light Mace
-Book of Desna
*Doesn't do anything, basic lore of Desna written in Celestial

Filivum Springwing
 Halfling Sorcerer, 28 posts
 HP: 40/40, Ini: +3, AC:14
 Fort +3, Ref +4, Will +6
Mon 13 Dec 2021
at 07:40
Re: (IC) The Quest Begins!
Filivum would be happy to have the Book of Desna, and would gladly make use of the Runestone.

This message was last edited by the player at 07:42, Mon 13 Dec 2021.

Gnemmiert
 Dwarf Gunslinger, 11 posts
 HP 65/65; Init +6; AC 19
 Fort 7; Reflex 8; Will 5
Mon 13 Dec 2021
at 19:54
Re: (IC) The Quest Begins!
Gnem kept his musket trained on the troll until he was sure the flames had taken and it wan't getting back up.

As he lowered his weapon, he took note of the survivors and how they interacted with the dead. "Companions of yours I suppose. Nasty way to go regardless...

"I was on the high road there and I came across the wagon then what remained of the dog. Would those be your lots or these unfortunate souls'?"
Resting the butt of the gun in the snow the dwarf leaned on it and began to absently scratch at his beard. "Name's Gnemmiert, but most just call me Gnem. Suppose I owe you all that at least."
Dreamljocht
 Elf Cleric, 116 posts
 HP 41/41; Init +4; AC 19
 Fort 5; Will 4; Reflex 7
Tue 21 Dec 2021
at 22:59
Re: (IC) The Quest Begins!
Dreamljocht first makes sure that everyone is completely healed, before turning to the dwarf. "Dreamljocht is my name, and I'm glad your gun made the difference fighting the troll."
Turning to the dead, he takes his holy symbol in hand and prays for their souls to rest, before he engages with his companions and Gnem again. Nodding to the remains he adds: "Those were travelers we shared a camp and a fight with some nights ago."
Dungeon Master
 GM, 942 posts
Tue 21 Dec 2021
at 23:25
Re: (IC) The Quest Begins!
"Ones that attempted to attack me." Well Sam had to add that in-in his eyes they were the enemy but to others allies. After giving out anything of value, Sam sighs and goes back to the wagon. He comes back with a shovel and goes to start digging despite wanting to leave the bodies to rot-something Dream may get on his case about later "Sam." He glances at Halie holding the cub in a sling and occasionally looks back at her and the gunslinger "That's Haile."
Gnemmiert
 Dwarf Gunslinger, 13 posts
 HP 65/65; Init +6; AC 19
 Fort 7; Reflex 8; Will 5
Sun 26 Dec 2021
at 16:59
Re: (IC) The Quest Begins!
Dungeon Master:
"Ones that attempted to attack me."

Gnem raised his eyebrow at the Tiefling, "You obviously have a complicated history here. I won't pretend to understand what's happened, but we're obviously together now. Would you mind my company once we get back to the road?"
Filivum Springwing
 Halfling Sorcerer, 30 posts
 HP: 40/40, Ini: +3, AC:14
 Fort +3, Ref +4, Will +6
Sun 26 Dec 2021
at 18:58
Re: (IC) The Quest Begins!
Filivum looks up at the conversation, and hugs Gnem "Oh yes, yes yes! we could use someone else who can cause great damage! And dwarves are great companions!"
Halie Delmenn
 Human Ranger, 78 posts
Sat 1 Jan 2022
at 07:26
Re: (IC) The Quest Begins!
"Yeah...I'm Halie...we appreciate your help," she said softly with a half smile as she reached down and pet the bear cub's head.
Dreamljocht
 Elf Cleric, 118 posts
 HP 41/41; Init +4; AC 19
 Fort 5; Will 4; Reflex 7
Sat 1 Jan 2022
at 23:20
Re: (IC) The Quest Begins!
Dreamljocht reacts on Gnem's question: "Yes they didn't trust Sam as we do. We have him as a trustworthy companion from the beginning of our journey. It's a pity: should they have had their trust in Sam too, they would have been alive now."
He helps Sam with the bodies, making sure the bodies find their rest.

When ready, he turns to Genm again: "Where wer you heading?"

This message was last edited by the player at 09:03, Mon 03 Jan.

Gnemmiert
 Dwarf Gunslinger, 15 posts
 HP 65/65; Init +6; AC 19
 Fort 7; Reflex 8; Will 5
Wed 5 Jan 2022
at 14:31
Re: (IC) The Quest Begins!
Gnemmiert eyed Sam trying to get a feel for the human... no something more.

Dreamljocht:
"Where wer you heading?"

Gnem snapped out of his thoughts at the question. "I appear to have been going in the same direction as your wagon. Well, I assume it's your wagon. As for a destination, I have no plans. I'm just making my way back home. More of just waiting until something catches my attention.

"I'll ride with you, for a while anyway, if you'll have me."

Filivum Springwing
 Halfling Sorcerer, 31 posts
 HP: 40/40, Ini: +3, AC:14
 Fort +3, Ref +4, Will +6
Sat 8 Jan 2022
at 10:53
Re: (IC) The Quest Begins!
Filivum walks up to the dwarf, and shakes his hand "You're more than welcome! We're going on a grand adventure, sent to it by the king himself!"

This message was last edited by the GM at 18:22, Sun 09 Jan.

Gnemmiert
 Dwarf Gunslinger, 16 posts
 HP 65/65; Init +6; AC 19
 Fort 7; Reflex 8; Will 5
Mon 10 Jan 2022
at 12:21
Re: (IC) The Quest Begins!
Visibly perking up at the mention of adventure, the dwarf nodded to the halfling. "Thank you. Yes. Adventure sounds better than the closed halls of Granitehome! Let me give you all a hand." Gnem stows his musket and helps his new companions in any obvious way he can with the troll and the fallen.
Dungeon Master
 GM, 948 posts
Thu 13 Jan 2022
at 06:16
Re: (IC) The Quest Begins!
As they arrive at the cart, Sam pauses. He watches the dwarf, almost staring at him as well as the halfling. Nodding his head to the cleric, he tilts his head towards Haile and sticks close to her. He offers to take the cub.

When the group arrives at the cart, they see someone kneeling down to the dead dog. Its horse is tried up near their wagon and horses. Sam slips off into the woods.

OOC
Into the frey walks to the fighter.

Sam Stealth: 20 (Seriously I rolled a /1/!)

This message was last edited by the GM at 20:24, Mon 17 Jan.

Dreamljocht
 Elf Cleric, 120 posts
 HP 41/41; Init +4; AC 19
 Fort 5; Will 4; Reflex 7
Thu 13 Jan 2022
at 09:25
Re: (IC) The Quest Begins!
As Dreamljocht sees a stranger near the dead dog and the cart, he whispers to his companions: "This road is more traveled than it looked like." With one hand at his holy symbol and one hand on the hilt of his scimitar, he strides forward and calls: "Hail stranger".
Tyrael Mournstrider
 Half-Elf Fighter, 1 post
Fri 14 Jan 2022
at 04:43
Re: (IC) The Quest Begins!
The stranger had been examining the remains of the dog, prodding it with a stick.  Slowly rising to her feet, she looks over at the Elf who had called out.  Her gaze darts from the Elf face, to his holy symbol, and lingers on the hand on the scimitar hilt.

"Bit of a mess here, friend." she says wryly, a hint of a half smile on her lips.  "Too messy for a decent meal, so I'm guessing something attacked.  You guys all okay?"
Halie Delmenn
 Human Ranger, 79 posts
Sun 16 Jan 2022
at 08:17
Re: (IC) The Quest Begins!
Seeing yet another stranger made Halie frown. What was going on? There seemed to be so many strangers that they have encountered in the time that they had left and it just seemed...off. She glanced to Sam, conveying that worry with just a look as she handed him the cubling.
Gnemmiert
 Dwarf Gunslinger, 18 posts
 HP 65/65; Init +6; AC 19
 Fort 7; Reflex 8; Will 5
Mon 17 Jan 2022
at 01:28
Re: (IC) The Quest Begins!
New to the group himself, Gnem held his tongue and waited for the others to speak to the newcomers.
Tyrael Mournstrider
 Half-Elf Fighter, 2 posts
Mon 17 Jan 2022
at 03:54
Re: (IC) The Quest Begins!
Tyrael looked around the at the looks she was receiving, and her smile disappeared.  "...suspicious stares and not even an attempt at a friendly reply..."  she muttered softly.  A sigh followed and then she raised her voice.  "It's okay.  I get it.  You're all wondering who this mysterious person is who just happened to appear out of no where asking about your health.  Hells abound, I'd be suspicious as well."

Still talking, she reaches into a pouch hanging from her belt.  "My name's Tyrael.  I'm looking for a group that departed a town up the road a some days ago.  I was supposed to go with them but, well..."  Tyrael produced a small token, which she held out to the others.  "...when the Queen said that the token would provide for the night, I over-indulged a little too much.  Hoping that this little trinket looks familiar."  The last question seemed to be directed at Halie, and Dream.

"Now this little group left in a wagon that looks an awful lot like that one there.  So I thought to take the chance and wait for them here.  If you are the group searching for Wintermist, then I'd like to join your band."

OOC:
Perception to see Sam: 25

This message was last edited by the player at 07:06, Mon 17 Jan.

Dreamljocht
 Elf Cleric, 121 posts
 HP 41/41; Init +4; AC 19
 Fort 5; Will 4; Reflex 7
Mon 17 Jan 2022
at 11:59
Re: (IC) The Quest Begins!
Dreamljocht relaxes on the information about the Queen's token. He realises that he had not reacted properly friendly, probably because of their run-in with the troll, not so long ago.
He drops his hand that rested on his scimitar and opens his hand on his symbol, a smile on his face: "Welcome, we are the group you're looking for. We just had an tense fight with the troll that killed that dog, and his master and another traveler in the woods at our back. That's why I was somewhat reserved in my welcome. My name is Dreamljocht, cleric of our companionship."
Dreamljocht steps forward, offering his open hand in a greeting.

This message was last edited by the player at 21:28, Mon 17 Jan.

Filivum Springwing
 Halfling Sorcerer, 33 posts
 HP: 40/40, Ini: +3, AC:14
 Fort +3, Ref +4, Will +6
Mon 17 Jan 2022
at 19:53
Re: (IC) The Quest Begins!
Filivum approaches the half-elf "So, like me, you got sent on this adventure after they had left?" He didn't seem to notice, or care, that she said she went drinking "Well, we're usually a friendly bunch, but like my friend here mentioned" and he points at Dream "We'd run into a bit of a problem, but we took care of it. Don't you guys think we need to get something to eat?"
Dungeon Master
 GM, 951 posts
Tue 18 Jan 2022
at 23:58
Re: (IC) The Quest Begins!
The rogue tried to be stealthy and goes across the road. After a few moments listening to the others, he goes to place the cub into the back of the covered wagon. Sam watches the half-elf, eyes narrowed. He doesn't look armed other then a bow but looks can be misleading. The man doesn't try to talk, just watches the fighter intently. He glances at Halie and Dream as well as the sorceror then back to Ty. After all the group went through, specially with the two who died and the fact one of them threatened to burn him-he doesn't trust anyone other then a select few. Friendly bunch? Sam not included, course he's had a bad few days. The man motions for Haile to come over, keeping up his disguise.
Halie Delmenn
 Human Ranger, 80 posts
Wed 19 Jan 2022
at 05:56
Re: (IC) The Quest Begins!
Seeing the motion, Halie quirked a brow, giving Sam a curious look before approaching. "Everything alright?" she softly asked, glancing back to the others.
Sam Cascious
 Tiefling Rogue, 30 posts
 HP 32/40, Init +3; AC 18
 Fort 1; Will 3; Reflex 9
Thu 20 Jan 2022
at 02:14
Re: (IC) The Quest Begins!
"No." Its hard to tell what happened. Perhaps finding the dead 'allies' did it. Maybe he's tired. But its hard to tell. Sam doesn't really talk, after all that occured but he has a mission but some things seem to just happen. He leans down, making sure the cub is alrighty and its snuggled up out of sight. He glances at the ranger, then back at the newcomer but he climbs up onto the wagon after a few moments but takes the cub up with him, resting it on his seat.
Tyrael Mournstrider
 Half-Elf Fighter, 3 posts
Thu 20 Jan 2022
at 05:37
Re: (IC) The Quest Begins!
Tyrael laughs as she steps forward and enthusiastically shakes Dreams offered hand.  There was a visible sense of relief on her face as she did so.  "Nice to meet you, Dreamljocht.  I know how emotions can be after a fight, especially one where you've lost people.  Sorry to hear about your companions."

She turned to Filivum.  "Actually I was supposed to join up right when the wagon left...like I said, the liquor was flowing too easily and I had been on the road for sometime." Tyrael let the sentence trail off with a shrug of her shoulders.  "Did you also get a little lost in your cups?"
Dreamljocht
 Elf Cleric, 122 posts
 HP 41/41; Init +4; AC 19
 Fort 5; Will 4; Reflex 7
Tue 25 Jan 2022
at 00:17
Re: (IC) The Quest Begins!
Dreamljocht shakes Tyrael's hand and grins when he hears about the delay he got because of his liquor intake: "I hope you don't drink before a fight on our trip, because you would be too late for all the fun," he jokes.

"Will we travel some distance more before we camp? I don't want to find out that this troll had a mate, and we're on our way to our goal and we had a lot of delays already."
Tyrael Mournstrider
 Half-Elf Fighter, 4 posts
Tue 25 Jan 2022
at 06:18
Re: (IC) The Quest Begins!
"Not a drop on the job." Tyrael replies jovially.  "We might want to move on for a bit, at least further down the road from where you guys fought the troll. Might as well put in some distance before stopping."

Looking over at the wagon, she noticed Sam and Halie.  "Looks like some folks are ready to move on.  Shall we?"
Filivum Springwing
 Halfling Sorcerer, 34 posts
 HP: 40/40, Ini: +3, AC:14
 Fort +3, Ref +4, Will +6
Tue 25 Jan 2022
at 10:48
Re: (IC) The Quest Begins!
Filivum mounts his pony, and travels close to his dwarf buddy, regaling him with stories of his grand adventures. Some are clearly exaggerated, others it's sometimes hard to tell.
Gnemmiert
 Dwarf Gunslinger, 19 posts
 HP 65/65; Init +6; AC 19
 Fort 7; Reflex 8; Will 5
Tue 25 Jan 2022
at 13:06
Re: (IC) The Quest Begins!
Gnem looks a the newer newcomer once more and shrugs to himself. In silence he returned with the others to the road and goes to his pony. Muttering to himself, and the pony, "Now don't give me that. There was a troll. Yes, only one but... I tell you, next glue merchant we see, I'll take his offer." the dwarf rubbed down the animal's sides before mounting.
Halie Delmenn
 Human Ranger, 81 posts
Wed 26 Jan 2022
at 02:12
Re: (IC) The Quest Begins!
"You know that you have me and Dream there to protect you should anyone try anything..." she said softly, not fully understanding what was going on with him. Those hazel eyes turned to him, studying him with a questioning look.
Dungeon Master
 GM, 953 posts
Wed 26 Jan 2022
at 02:45
Re: (IC) The Quest Begins!
The strange look of the tiefling seems to almost pass through her. He watches the ranger from uptop the cart, cub at his side curled up. He starts to move the cart forwards, and nods his head to Haile. Its hard to tell what he is feeling but maybe thats the way he is-hard to read. And harder to figure out even now after all that happened so far.

A few hours pass and Sam passes the cub to the ranger. He's even more silent now, and watches the area as well as the fighter and gunsmith. Perhaps reading them, eyeing them up. He listens to everyone talking.

Soon they get to a small opening near another river. The rogue finds a spot for the cart to be not on the road. Its starts to get a bit cold out but nothing horrible. Winter is coming but not yet. Not yet. He drops down to the ground, giving the horses a much needed rest and pulls out some food for them.

Night has begun to fall....

This message was last edited by the GM at 02:48, Wed 26 Jan.

Tyrael Mournstrider
 Half-Elf Fighter, 5 posts
Thu 27 Jan 2022
at 05:58
Re: (IC) The Quest Begins!
Tyrael had been mostly silent for ride.  She would chat and converse when the opportunities arose but it was clear that most of the group either paid her no special attention.  The man driving the wagon was the exception.  What was his name?  It wasn't as if he had introduced himself to her, but for some reason he seemed to be giving her looks filled with suspicion and mistrust.  Well, that was to be expected.  They didn't know her and presumably they had time on the road to get to know each other.

"Ah, the life of a wandering adventurer." she said with an ironic chuckle.

When it looked like the group had found a spot to make camp, Tyrael slid down from her horse and made sure that it was settled in for the night.  "So." She said to the rest of the group.  "Who does what when we camp?  I can take care of the horses or gather up some fire wood, if that will help out.  Of course, I wouldn't mind a little look around, just to make sure that we're alone here.."
Gnemmiert
 Dwarf Gunslinger, 20 posts
 HP 65/65; Init +6; AC 19
 Fort 7; Reflex 8; Will 5
Thu 27 Jan 2022
at 13:02
Re: (IC) The Quest Begins!
Gnem slid off his pony when the party stopped to camp for the night. The dwarf made a point to rub his mount down before tending to his own needs.
Tyrael:
"Who does what when we camp?  I can take care of the horses or gather up some fire wood, if that will help out.  Of course, I wouldn't mind a little look around, just to make sure that we're alone here.."

The dwarf started to pull out his bedroll and paused, "Right. I've been on the road by myself for long enough that I didn't even think of splitting things up! I'm assuming we'd want someone on watch as well." Gnem strokes and pats the pony's shoulder, "Bella here is usually enough for me, but I'm sure she'd appreciate the rest as well."
Filivum Springwing
 Halfling Sorcerer, 35 posts
 HP: 40/40, Ini: +3, AC:14
 Fort +3, Ref +4, Will +6
Thu 27 Jan 2022
at 20:01
Re: (IC) The Quest Begins!
Filivum is still cheerful when they stop, and will engage anyone he can, telling him some stories of his 'past adventures'. He brushes his donkey, and lets him graze, when he gets that done "I can help setting up a fire, but I need to get enough sleep to replenish my spells." And then he walks around the perimeter, looking at the trees, to see whether there's one that he can climb, and sleep on.
Dreamljocht
 Elf Cleric, 123 posts
 HP 41/41; Init +4; AC 19
 Fort 5; Will 4; Reflex 7
Mon 31 Jan 2022
at 23:13
Re: (IC) The Quest Begins!
When the companions make their camp, Dreamljocht searches the immediate surroundings of the campsite for anything disturbing, joins the other for a meal, but not before he had said his thanks to the goddess for their escape from the troll.
During his meal he talks with the newcomers to learn more about their special skills. He is especially interested in the ins and outs of using firearms as it is the first time he saw them used: "Gnem, can you tell me more about your weapon? How often can you use it in a fight and how long does it take for another shot can be fired?"

He makes sure to spend some time and words with Sam as well, as he feels the need to reassure the man and to encourage him to take part in the discussion.

This message was last edited by the player at 22:47, Wed 09 Feb.

Tyrael Mournstrider
 Half-Elf Fighter, 6 posts
Thu 3 Feb 2022
at 04:33
Re: (IC) The Quest Begins!
Tyrael shrugged out of her armor as she sat back down by the fire.  She took a rag out and started to wipe the road dust from the protective gear.  She glanced over at the Dwarf as she worked, curious to hear what the answer would be.
Halie Delmenn
 Human Ranger, 82 posts
Sun 6 Feb 2022
at 06:50
Re: (IC) The Quest Begins!
Halie took the cub from Sam and moved to take care of Peto as well, finding Sam incredibly hard to read…and while intriguing…it was also very frustrating. She hadn’t intended on trying to play this game…he gave her mixed signals. Yes, he clearly trusted her but there was a lack of communication of any kind and she was usually left trying to figure out what in the nine hells he meant…or felt. It required a lot of exhausting mental work. As she brushed down Peto, he gave a soft whiny, clearly displeased about the cubling. “Oh stop…she is just a baby. There is no need to be jealous.” With a smile, she gently pet his nose when she was done. When that was done, she joined the others for a meal before moving off for some sleep, intent to snuggle the cub.
Sam Cascious
 Tiefling Rogue, 31 posts
 HP 32/40, Init +3; AC 18
 Fort 1; Will 3; Reflex 9
Wed 9 Feb 2022
at 22:12
Re: (IC) The Quest Begins!
Oddly, Sam steps in front of her. He watches the ranger, and kisses her forehead. Definatly a odd man but he's been through a lot as of late-being threaten, almost scorched and by two of his fellow adventerurs. And now he finds them dead. Its a lot to handle and how he is handling it remains unknown. But he has shown some kindness-a small amount just now. The rogue sits down in front of the fire, warming his hands. And without anyone seeing it, a dagger appears within his hand and he tosses it into the air and catches it several times. He glances at the dwarf, perhaps curious about the weapon as well.

This message was last edited by the player at 22:12, Wed 09 Feb.

Dungeon Master
 GM, 959 posts
Sun 13 Feb 2022
at 21:27
Re: (IC) The Quest Begins!
The gunsmith eats his meal and talks to the cleric about how a gun works and it gets somewhat complicated. Sam shakes his head, leaning against a tree as he eats some jerky. Gmen decides to leave, grabbing his pony and thanking the group before departing into the night.

Sam glances at Haile then back to the fighter. His eyes narrow, and he glances at the cleric. Not a word comes from him but at least he's sitting by the fire. Talking apparently gets himself into trouble-even if he is right and can be blunt. He constantly looks around and stands up, stretching before looking again at Ty as if sizing up the woman. Heck they just met and after all the groups been through. Seems like the cleric is the good cop and Sam the bad one.

It fits.
Tyrael Mournstrider
 Half-Elf Fighter, 7 posts
Thu 17 Feb 2022
at 05:13
Re: (IC) The Quest Begins!
The Dwarfs departure was unexpected, and his firearm would probably be missed in the coming days, but it seemed like he was determined to leave.  Best not to dwell on what was lost, Tyrael thought as she finished cleaning her armor.

"Well...it's getting late, and it looks like some have turned in already." Tyrael said, looking over at where Halie was sleeping.  "I'll take the first watch.  That is assuming that no one else wants to."

"Maybe we can get some fresh fish for breakfast.  That river looks lively enough."
Dreamljocht
 Elf Cleric, 124 posts
 HP 41/41; Init +4; AC 19
 Fort 5; Will 4; Reflex 7
Thu 17 Feb 2022
at 08:16
Re: (IC) The Quest Begins!
Dreamljocht wonders about the sudden departure from the dwarf too, but dismisses it as people seem to come and go every turn of their journey.
On Tyrael's question he answers: "I'll take the last watch as it is the best time to prepare myself for the next day by praying to my goddess to regain my spells,"
Tyrael Mournstrider
 Half-Elf Fighter, 8 posts
Sun 20 Feb 2022
at 04:42
Re: (IC) The Quest Begins!
Tyrael put her armor back on and belted her sword to her side.  "I guess I'll wake Sam for the second watch.  If that's taken care of, I'll go and collect a little more firewood.  Don't all turn in until I get back."

Minutes after she disappeared into the nearby woods, the sound of blade cutting wood could be heard.
Halie Delmenn
 Human Ranger, 83 posts
Sat 26 Feb 2022
at 21:31
Re: (IC) The Quest Begins!
The kiss to her forehead had caught her by surprise, inciting a blush to her cheeks. With a smile towards the tiefling, Halie had prepared her bedroll and began to settle down with the cubling tucked against her. The thought of watches wasn't the first thing on her mind honestly which was why she never offered as she began to drift.
Dungeon Master
 GM, 963 posts
Sun 27 Feb 2022
at 01:25
Re: (IC) The Quest Begins!
For the first time in quite awhile, nothing creeps out. Nothing seems odd as light begins to unfold. Sam seems to have spent his time resting by the ranger. His eyes are closed but that doesn't mean he's not alert. Everyone seems refreshed and the rogue checks his gear and the wagon and finds nothing out of place. Fili is silent which is odd but so is Sam. Course the rogue is mostly silent as of late. The fire was lit most of the night and perhaps fended off anything that the group didn't want to deal with. He goes to climb up, glancing at Haile and he actually does a quick smile but soon it goes down to nothing. Once everyone is back on their horses or within the confines of the wagon, they take off to the north.
Tyrael Mournstrider
 Half-Elf Fighter, 11 posts
Wed 2 Mar 2022
at 03:48
Re: (IC) The Quest Begins!
Tyrael, clad in her armor, sat atop her own mount, and rode at the rear of the group.  She could keep an eye on everything and everyone from this vantage point.  Her spirits were high this morning for no reason in particular.  Well, her morning bath in the cold waters of the river might have made a contribution.

"Sooooo....does anyone have some idea of where we are heading?  Surely a missing city can't just be waiting for us up the road."
Dreamljocht
 Elf Cleric, 125 posts
 HP 41/41; Init +4; AC 19
 Fort 5; Will 4; Reflex 7
Sat 5 Mar 2022
at 08:52
Re: (IC) The Quest Begins!
As Dreamljocht had the last watch, he prayed for his spells and fueled the fire to make breakfast for the companions.
After he donned his armor he joins the group on the road. Early in the morning he is rather quiet,but on Tyrael's question he answers: "Wintermist is not missing, no doubt it is in the same spot is t has always been, but there is no news from the city for a loner time. No one from Wintermist reached court, and not one messenger sent to Wintermist returned to court."
Halie Delmenn
 Human Ranger, 84 posts
Mon 7 Mar 2022
at 01:48
Re: (IC) The Quest Begins!
"It shouldn't be too hard to find...I believe I vaguely know where we are going. I don't really travel up this far very often..." she said as she gathered her gear and prepared her horse Peto.
Tyrael Mournstrider
 Half-Elf Fighter, 12 posts
Tue 8 Mar 2022
at 03:38
Re: (IC) The Quest Begins!
"That's good to know.  I'd hate to think that we were just wandering around the woods here trying to find the city."  Tyrael said.  "I....don't suppose that you have any idea...or...inkling about what we might find in these woods?  You guys mentioned a fight with a troll but that should not be the expected opposition, right?"
Dungeon Master
 GM, 969 posts
Thu 10 Mar 2022
at 00:26
Re: (IC) The Quest Begins!
As the group keeps moving northwards, its get a bit chilly. Snow begins to fall. Sam tosses a blanket to the ranger. And the sorcerer decided to go his own way. He bids the group farewell and heads into the forest. Soon he is gone. Another one left. But the group keeps pressing on. But they can make out what looks like a old church. It has a cementary nearbye as well as a old building-smaller then a church. Perhaps a tomb.

https://thumbs.dreamstime.com/...-winter-22295569.jpg
Tyrael Mournstrider
 Half-Elf Fighter, 14 posts
Sat 12 Mar 2022
at 04:30
Re: (IC) The Quest Begins!
Tyrael was silent as their sorcerer decided to take his leave.  It was a shame.  He seemed like a decent enough fellow.  With the Dwarf leaving as well, the number of companions was running low.  These sort of things happened though.

Coming upon the old church, the Half-Elf gave a soft harrumphing sound. "...oh yeah...that looks welcoming..." Tyrael said, shivering a little in the chill.  "This doesn't look like much of a lost city.  Do we poke around and see if there is anything interesting or just carry on?"
Halie Delmenn
 Human Ranger, 85 posts
Mon 14 Mar 2022
at 00:30
Re: (IC) The Quest Begins!
"I strongly  believe in checking it out just to be on the safe side...with the...beasties that have been attacking us...I'd rather take care of it than leave a potential enemy at my back," Halie said with a fairly confident smirk. It wasn't a cocky one...just more confident in the small band's abilities.
Dreamljocht
 Elf Cleric, 127 posts
 HP 41/41; Init +4; AC 19
 Fort 5; Will 4; Reflex 7
Mon 14 Mar 2022
at 09:30
Re: (IC) The Quest Begins!
"I agree we have to search this old church. But I warn: there could be undead in or around the building; most old churches were places to burry the dead. And in so remote place, there is always a chance,"

Dreamljocht walks to the building, one hand on his holy symbol, one hand on his scimitar. He starts circling the building, looking for disturbed graves or other traces of unnaturla activities.

This message was last edited by the player at 21:10, Mon 14 Mar.

Dungeon Master
 GM, 975 posts
Wed 16 Mar 2022
at 02:33
Re: (IC) The Quest Begins!
Dropping down to the ground, Sam glances at the fighter and ranger. He nods his head and proceeds after Dream. Oddly he looks unarmed save for the bow upon his back. The wind starts to blow harder and the snow begins to fall. Nothing seems out of place and everything is covered with a layer of snow. As Dream and Sam walk by the front door it seems solid, perhaps locked up.
Dreamljocht
 Elf Cleric, 128 posts
 HP 41/41; Init +4; AC 19
 Fort 5; Will 4; Reflex 7
Wed 16 Mar 2022
at 10:30
Re: (IC) The Quest Begins!
Dreamljocht tries to look inside through the windows, to see in what condition the interieur seems to be. He also searches for any sugn to which god or goddess the church is dedicated. Lastly he tries to open the fron door (and any other door he finds, walking around the church)
Tyrael Mournstrider
 Half-Elf Fighter, 15 posts
Thu 17 Mar 2022
at 03:27
Re: (IC) The Quest Begins!
Tyrael slid down from her horse and started to follow after Sam and Dream.  She unslung her shield and drew her longsword as she walked.  She paused to look back at the wagon and give a wry grin to Halie. "Coming Halie?  Can't let the boys walk into danger without some proper protection."

As Dream tries the front door, Tyrael moves up beside him and raised her shield, fully expecting something bad to come out the front door.
Dungeon Master
 GM, 976 posts
Wed 23 Mar 2022
at 03:17
Re: (IC) The Quest Begins!
The ranger tags along leaving the sleeping bear cub within the wagon. Dream finds the front door locked and no other doors visible from the outside and the window having shutters closed from within. Sam glances at the ranger and decide to head towards the tomb. Its hard to tell what was worshipped at the moment.
Halie Delmenn
 Human Ranger, 86 posts
Thu 24 Mar 2022
at 15:38
Re: (IC) The Quest Begins!
"Of course," Halie smirked as she followed after Tyrael. Once closer to the door, her steps took on a more cautious note, her gaze darting about to ensure that they were safe. It felt odd not having the cubling with her but she also didn't want to put it in any unnecessary dangers.


09:36, Today: Halie Delmenn rolled 20 using 1d20+9 ((11)).
Dungeon Master
 GM, 980 posts
Fri 25 Mar 2022
at 22:12
Re: (IC) The Quest Begins!
The rogue checks the tomb entrance for traps. He gets it open and peers inside. Meanwhile, the cleric looks around the area and doesn't see anything odd. Sam seems hesitant and closes the door, and comes back to the others probably by the door. He kneels down and pulls out his kit, and starts to fiddle with it. Above Haile and Tyrael glances up and see two statue.

https://52f4e29a8321344e30ae-0...pictures/1327816.jpg

This message was last edited by the GM at 22:19, Fri 25 Mar.

Tyrael Mournstrider
 Half-Elf Fighter, 17 posts
Sat 26 Mar 2022
at 06:24
Re: (IC) The Quest Begins!
Tyrael squinted her eyes as she looked up at the top of the church. There were a couple of ugly looking statues up there but that was not what caught her attention.  "Hey Halie...did you see...did that statue move?"  Did it?  Maybe it was a trick of the light, some play of shadows across the statue that made it look like they moved.

This message was last edited by the GM at 14:24, Sat 26 Mar.

Halie Delmenn
 Human Ranger, 87 posts
Sun 27 Mar 2022
at 15:56
Re: (IC) The Quest Begins!
Halie frowned deeply as she scrutinized the statue. "I am pretty sure I saw what you did..." she muttered softly as she unshouldered her bow. She didn't nock an arrow just yet but wanted to be better prepared should they be attacked.
Dreamljocht
 Elf Cleric, 131 posts
 HP 41/41; Init +4; AC 19
 Fort 5; Will 4; Reflex 7
Sun 27 Mar 2022
at 16:30
Re: (IC) The Quest Begins!
Dreamljocht had been deep in thoughts about the chapel and the tomb, staring at the hands of Sam when he opened the locked doors of the tomb and now when fiddling with his kit at the door of the chapel again. For some moments he had been oblivious to the surroundings, but now he is warned by the seriousness in their voice and he follows their eyes up to the monsters or statues on the roof. He doesn't see anything moving yet, but he is silently admonishing himself for being not more attentive for imminent danger the past few minutes.
He grips his scimitar better, keeps his buckler ready and silently readies his Protection from evil-spell.

This message was last edited by the player at 17:28, Sun 27 Mar.

Dungeon Master
 GM, 984 posts
Mon 28 Mar 2022
at 23:32
Re: (IC) The Quest Begins!
The two statues above, about 15' up seem to watch the group but do not move. It seems eery. Perhaps its the way they are hanging above and with the snow. Sam gets the door open and looks up at what Haile and Ty are staring at. His eyes narrow and the church just seems to be spooky. And he looks at the group and nods to them, hinting it.
Tyrael Mournstrider
 Half-Elf Fighter, 19 posts
Tue 29 Mar 2022
at 04:10
Re: (IC) The Quest Begins!
Tyrael took one last look at the statues, trying to see any bit of movement, but she couldn't see any.  "...not a very welcoming church..." she muttered, shifting her gaze to the now opened door of the church.  "What do you think, Sam?  Is it safe to enter?  Not that I would expect there to be booby traps at the entrance to a church but one never can be certain about churches with scary gargoyles on the roof."
Sam Cascious
 Tiefling Rogue, 32 posts
 HP 32/40, Init +3; AC 18
 Fort 1; Will 3; Reflex 9
Wed 30 Mar 2022
at 18:15
Re: (IC) The Quest Begins!
How would Sam know? All he did was open the door not look inside. He's not clairvoyant. His eyes narrow on the fighter, not fully trusting her. Heck he just met her last night. With one hand, he grips the door and with the other a dagger pops into his hand. Nice "Door is open now." A simple shrug comes from the rogue and he nods to Haile to nocke a arrow. Another look to Dream and one to Ty "Ready?"
Tyrael Mournstrider
 Half-Elf Fighter, 20 posts
Sat 2 Apr 2022
at 06:07
Re: (IC) The Quest Begins!
Her shield and sword at the ready, Tyri nodded back at Sam.  "I'm good to go.  You want to take the lead or do you want me to?"  She thought briefly about the suspicious looks that Sam had been giving her since the fighter had joined up with the group.  "You probably want me to go first.  Don't quite trust me yet, right?"

The Half-Elf gave the Tiefling a wink and then stepped into across the threshold into the church.  Time to get serious.

OOC:
Perception: 17

Halie Delmenn
 Human Ranger, 88 posts
Sun 3 Apr 2022
at 05:49
Re: (IC) The Quest Begins!
She had caught Sam's nod and nocked an arrow, letting the fighter take the lead here while making it a point to cover the others. Plus, she still didn't quite trust those statues.
Dreamljocht
 Elf Cleric, 134 posts
 HP 41/41; Init +4; AC 19
 Fort 5; Will 4; Reflex 7
Mon 4 Apr 2022
at 16:14
Re: (IC) The Quest Begins!
The hand wih his buckler grabs his holy symbol, his other hand keeps his scimitar ready when Dreamljocht enters the church through the door Sam had opened. As soon he is inside, his eyes take in all there is to see, especially looking for any sign which god or goddess is revered here.
Dungeon Master
 GM, 987 posts
Tue 5 Apr 2022
at 01:01
Re: (IC) The Quest Begins!
The inside looks like a abandoned church. There are no signs of what was worshipped. A few pews are topppled over. Against the farthest wall is what looks like a old pulpit raised above the pews. All of the windows are boarded up. Dusk fills the area. Two sets of stairs are visible once the group enters on either side. Its quiet. Occasionally something is heard above-perhaps a bird or other animal. It looks like there is a second floor.
Tyrael Mournstrider
 Half-Elf Fighter, 22 posts
Tue 5 Apr 2022
at 04:13
Re: (IC) The Quest Begins!
Tyrael motioned towards the two staircases as she walked slowly into the centre of the church.  She also glances upwards to see if she can see the whatever was causing the sound that they heard.  Probably just birds, but with the windows boarded up, that would mean that there are holes somewhere else in the ceiling.

"Let's check out down here first before we try upstairs.  You think this place has a basement?"
Dreamljocht
 Elf Cleric, 136 posts
 HP 41/41; Init +4; AC 19
 Fort 5; Will 4; Reflex 7
Fri 8 Apr 2022
at 23:12
Re: (IC) The Quest Begins!
Dreamljocht walks up to the pulpit, looking for any paintings on the wall, or writings on the lectern on the pulpit. He is stll at a loss who had been revered here.
Dungeon Master
 GM, 993 posts
Tue 12 Apr 2022
at 03:00
Re: (IC) The Quest Begins!
The fighter can't see what is making the noise but its pretty random. Dream looks around and goes to the pulpit but doesn't see anything odd. He doesn't find paintings or lectures. It looks pretty cleaned out. If something was there, it isn't there at the moment if ever. The cleric looks down as he stands in the pulpit and spots a closed door in the floorboards. Sam checks the area, while Haile looks around with her bow drawn.
Tyrael Mournstrider
 Half-Elf Fighter, 24 posts
Sat 16 Apr 2022
at 02:42
Re: (IC) The Quest Begins!
"....huh..." Tyrael muttered, taking one final squint in the direction of the noises.  "...probably nothing...or we just need to wait until the beasties come to us."

She relaxed her stance a little and looked over at the others, just to get an idea of where they all were, before she started to poke around the pews a little.  "Take a few minutes and see if there's anything here before we move upstairs."

OOC:
Perception 14

Dreamljocht
 Elf Cleric, 138 posts
 HP 41/41; Init +4; AC 19
 Fort 5; Will 4; Reflex 7
Sat 16 Apr 2022
at 07:00
Re: (IC) The Quest Begins!
"Sam, could you come here and see if there are traps on this door? And try to open it?" Dreamljocht points out the door in the floorboards and stand back to let Sam do what he can do best.
Dungeon Master
 GM, 994 posts
Sun 17 Apr 2022
at 21:10
Re: (IC) The Quest Begins!
It seems like everyone wants Sam to do something and perhaps he's tired of it but the man shrugs knowing what he needs to do. When Dream suggested he checks the gate upon the floor, he nods and checks it. Finding no traps, its indeed locked. He begins his work.

SLAM! The door leading outside somehow is shut. Perhaps the wind or something else. Sam out of instinct flips out his dagger and looks around. Ty doesn't see anything odd but the door slamming shut makes her jump a bit-same as Haile.

Taking a deep breath, the blade held by Sam seems to dissapear and he goes back to work. He nods to Dream again and a click can be heard from the gate at the pulpit. Standing back up, Sam looks at the group "The tomb outside seemed empty but I did not go inside. It looked like a old tomb. Several caskets were inside, seemed to be closed." He knows he should let them know.
Tyrael Mournstrider
 Half-Elf Fighter, 25 posts
Tue 19 Apr 2022
at 05:28
Re: (IC) The Quest Begins!
Tyrael eyed the closed door, half expecting it to burst open.  "Okay...strong wind." she said not believing the words.  "Probably not from the tomb.  Probably from those things on the roof.  Haile?  You see anything?"
Dreamljocht
 Elf Cleric, 139 posts
 HP 41/41; Init +4; AC 19
 Fort 5; Will 4; Reflex 7
Thu 21 Apr 2022
at 16:24
Re: (IC) The Quest Begins!
When Sam has controled the door for traps and unloched it, Dreamljocht staps up close. Once again he takes his holy symbol in hand, a prayer on his lips, his scimitar in his right hand. Now he opens the trapdoor carefully and slowly, looking down inside when that is possible.
When the front door slams shut, he jumps a moment, but his focus now is on the new room below the trapdoor.

This message was last edited by the player at 22:26, Sun 24 Apr.

Dungeon Master
 GM, 997 posts
Sun 24 Apr 2022
at 01:01
Re: (IC) The Quest Begins!
INSIDE THE CHURCH:
The ranger shrugs, not seeing anything in the current room. Haile looks around, bow drawn and seems to not like it. Dream looks down through the door, seeing a ladder that leads further down and it stops. Sam glances at Dream and the others "Up or down? I'd say up. It can be jammed from this side."

Meanwhile....

OUTSIDE THE CHURCH:
The coldness creeps into Anton as he slowly approaches the church. Cold air blows from his lips as he sees the covered wagon and some horses nearbye. Snow has fallen and continues to fall. Strange thing to be seen. A tomb is visible surrounded by a cementary as well as the church. It doesn't look like anyone is outside from the road. And a statue seems to be blocking the door into the church. Another statue is above looking eery.

OOC
If you want make a Perception Check Anton.


Church:
https://thumbs.dreamstime.com/...-winter-22295569.jpg


Statures:
https://52f4e29a8321344e30ae-0...pictures/1327816.jpg
Anton LeVeau
 Halfling Sorcerer, 3 posts
Sun 24 Apr 2022
at 03:14
Re: (IC) The Quest Begins!
Dungeon Master:
Meanwhile....

OUTSIDE THE CHURCH:
The coldness creeps into Anton as he slowly approaches the church. Cold air blows from his lips as he sees the covered wagon and some horses nearby. Snow has fallen and continues to fall. Strange thing to be seen. A tomb is visible surrounded by a cemetery as well as the church. It doesn't look like anyone is outside from the road. And a statue seems to be blocking the door into the church. Another statue is above looking eery.

OOC
If you want make a Perception Check Anton.


Church:
https://thumbs.dreamstime.com/...-winter-22295569.jpg


Statures:
https://52f4e29a8321344e30ae-0...pictures/1327816.jpg

23:01, Today: Anton LeVeau rolled 17 using 1d20+3.  Perception Check.

"One simple misunderstanding should not be this punishable," Anton says under his breath as he tries to run his small hands up and down his arms as the snow pelts him all over.  He knows he needs to get out of the elements and warm up and start a fire.  The church looks like to be the best place but, the wagon and horses looks to him that someone may already be claiming the inside.  He lets out a big sigh and heads for the statue in front of the church to get a better look to see if he can see anything.

This message was last edited by the GM at 21:31, Sun 24 Apr.

Tyrael Mournstrider
 Half-Elf Fighter, 26 posts
Sun 24 Apr 2022
at 05:42
Re: (IC) The Quest Begins!
"Up is just as good an anything." Tyrael said.  "You can go first this time, but don't worry.  I'll be right behind.  I thought that I heard something moving up there so be careful."
Dreamljocht
 Elf Cleric, 141 posts
 HP 41/41; Init +4; AC 19
 Fort 5; Will 4; Reflex 7
Mon 25 Apr 2022
at 06:34
Re: (IC) The Quest Begins!
"Up first," agrees Dreamljocht, as he closes the trapdoor and locks it again. "Better safe against someone or something in our back" he explains
Tyrael Mournstrider
 Half-Elf Fighter, 27 posts
Thu 28 Apr 2022
at 03:13
Re: (IC) The Quest Begins!
"Up it is then."  Tyrael said and moved to take the lead up the stairs.

OOC:
Perception = 29


Tyrael took one step up the stairs and froze.  Her head snapped towards the front door of the church.  "Hold up." she hissed. "Do you hear that?  Sounded like footsteps outside.  If it's those statues from the roof I'm going to be disappointed.  They should know to stay on their roof."

She paused, her breathing slowed as she strained to hear the footsteps from outside.  "I'm going to check it out.  Just a peek, to settle my paranoid nerves.  Don't want anything coming up from behind."

This message was last edited by the GM at 07:57, Fri 29 Apr.

Dungeon Master
 GM, 1004 posts
Sun 1 May 2022
at 02:17
Re: (IC) The Quest Begins!
Sam and Dream start to head up but pause as Ty listens at the door but doesn't hear anything. Haile keeps the bow drawn, and look outside but can't see anything. As Ty goes to open the door she gets it maybe a foot but strangely the statue is against it not moving. It is definatly strange.

Outside, Anton is against the wall of the church and is looking around. He can see the door opening slightly blocked by the statue.
Anton LeVeau
 Halfling Sorcerer, 5 posts
Wed 4 May 2022
at 14:50
Re: (IC) The Quest Begins!
Dungeon Master:
Sam and Dream start to head up but pause as Ty listens at the door but doesn't hear anything. Haile keeps the bow drawn, and look outside but can't see anything. As Ty goes to open the door she gets it maybe a foot but strangely the statue is against it not moving. It is definitely strange.

Outside, Anton is against the wall of the church and is looking around. He can see the door opening slightly blocked by the statue.

Anton decides to take a chance and make contact. He takes his hand and waves it out from behind the statue.  "Ummm, hello?  I don't mean you any harm.  I'm just looking to get warmed up.  It's colder than a Yeti's ears in the winter!"
Dreamljocht
 Elf Cleric, 143 posts
 HP 41/41; Init +4; AC 19
 Fort 5; Will 4; Reflex 7
Wed 4 May 2022
at 15:44
Re: (IC) The Quest Begins!
Through the only partly opened door Dreamljocht can see a halfling. He also sees a statue that wasn't there on that spot when they entered the church! He calls out to the halfling: "Beware, a second statue is around, probably at the rooftop."
To his companions, Dreamljocht suggests: "We can try to attack that statue, through the partly open door. But first we have to prevent that it closes the door any further." He looks around for something to stop the door closing. If he can't find anything else, he wedges his dagger under the door, effectively preventing closing.

Dreamljocht rolled 9 using 1d20+8. Knowledge (religion).
Dreamljocht rolled 23 using 1d20+5. Knowledge (arcana).

This message was last edited by the player at 16:03, Wed 04 May.

Anton LeVeau
 Halfling Sorcerer, 6 posts
Wed 4 May 2022
at 16:16
Re: (IC) The Quest Begins!
Dreamljocht:
Through the only partly opened door Dreamljocht can see a halfling. He also sees a statue that wasn't there on that spot when they entered the church! He calls out to the halfling: "Beware, a second statue is around, probably at the rooftop."

Anton scrunches his facial features when he hears the person in the church call out about another statue being out there.  He slowly turns to look at where the statue is pointed out, "Sheesh, I just want to get warmed up.  Why is this happening?  I don't need this or have time for this," he says under his breath.

He keeps looking back at the other statue and calls back, "Can I at least come in, please?  You wouldn't want me to meet an untimely death before we had a chance to officially introduce ourselves.  Would you?  I could be of some use to you and your party!"   There seems to be some concern in his voice when he replies.
Tyrael Mournstrider
 Half-Elf Fighter, 29 posts
Thu 5 May 2022
at 03:59
Re: (IC) The Quest Begins!
"I don't have room to swing my blade." Tyrael said, trying to push the door open a little more.  the statue wasn't budging though.  "How did a statue get in front of the door?"

"Hey, guy outside.  Kind of hard to let you in with a statue in the way.  Don't suppose you want to help out here?"
Dungeon Master
 GM, 1007 posts
Sat 7 May 2022
at 00:41
Re: (IC) The Quest Begins!
The rogue watches what is going on and decides to head up to the second floor to get a better look at the front of the church perhaps. Haile tries to figure out what is going on and she looks at Sam as he goes up to the second floor "I heard of statures coming to life. Gargoyles? Never faced one but it could be it. Probably flew down. Be careful." She tries to get a good angle, and aims at it but waits to see what Sam can do "Magic can hurt it. Magical weapons."
Anton LeVeau
 Halfling Sorcerer, 8 posts
Sat 7 May 2022
at 01:53
Re: (IC) The Quest Begins!
Tyrael Mournstrider:
"Hey, guy outside.  Kind of hard to let you in with a statue in the way.  Don't suppose you want to help out here?

Anton sighs with some aggravation as he looks at the statue in front of him.  "Hey girl inside!  I'm a damn Halfling.  I may need a little help!"

Anton does try and move the statue, if at all.
Dungeon Master
 GM, 1008 posts
Sat 7 May 2022
at 02:14
Re: (IC) The Quest Begins!
As the halfling goes to move it, it comes to life! Its wings extend up and it move towards the churchyard but it doesn't swing at him and seems to soar 40' and lands, letting out a howl. Sam gets to the second floor and sees the gargoyle and barely sees Anton below. If there is anything on the small second floor, the rogue doesn't make it known. It has two areas along the second floor and stops, but anyone up there can look down into the church. No one on the first floor can see what is on the second floor.

OOC
Initiative!
Everyone inside the church can open the door (Ty is closest and Anton). Its 40' from the door on the ground and is staring at the sorcerer. I was going to have it attack Anton but decided against it :)

Sam Cascious
 Tiefling Rogue, 33 posts
 HP 32/40, Init +3; AC 18
 Fort 1; Will 3; Reflex 9
Sun 8 May 2022
at 01:23
Re: (IC) The Quest Begins!
The rogue sees what is going on outside and runs down the steps, glancing at the others inside "The statue moved." And he goes towards the doorway leading outside, pulling it open.

OOC
Think Sam would probably go first.
Double move to get to the door and open it.

Haile, Dream and Ty can now look outside to see the creature bout 40' from the door with its wings outstreched as well as the halfling near the door.

Anton LeVeau
 Halfling Sorcerer, 9 posts
Sun 8 May 2022
at 02:06
Re: (IC) The Quest Begins!
Dungeon Master:
As the halfling goes to move it, it comes to life! Its wings extend up and it move towards the churchyard but it doesn't swing at him and seems to soar 40' and lands, letting out a howl.

OOC
Initiative!
Everyone inside the church can open the door (Ty is closest and Anton). Its 40' from the door on the ground and is staring at the sorcerer. I was going to have it attack Anton but decided against it :)

Anton lets out a little yelp as the so-called statue comes to life and flies away.  He is obviously startled and slowly turns to face it as he takes a step backwards closer to entering the doorway.  "Well , that was different!"  He begins to go through his spells on what could be effective at this moment.

21:28, Today: Anton LeVeau rolled 11 using 1d20+4.  Initiative.
Tyrael Mournstrider
 Half-Elf Fighter, 30 posts
Sun 8 May 2022
at 06:17
Re: (IC) The Quest Begins!
"Ha!  I knew that I saw that statue moving on the roof." Triumph sounds in Tyraels voice but it is masking her real thoughts.  How was she going to fight a Gargoyle?  She shouted at the Gargoyle.  "Hey!  Statue!  Don't suppose you want to talk about this?"

OOC:
Initiative -> 13

Dreamljocht
 Elf Cleric, 144 posts
 HP 41/41; Init +4; AC 19
 Fort 5; Will 4; Reflex 7
Sun 8 May 2022
at 11:16
Re: (IC) The Quest Begins!
Dreamljocht is surprised: "Why did it give up his good position against the door. We were hardly able to reach it and couldn't come out. The second one on the roof could have taken on the newcomer on his own."
He keeps his scimitar ready.
Dungeon Master
 GM, 1013 posts
Sun 8 May 2022
at 11:46
Re: (IC) The Quest Begins!
The rogue seems to not be paying attention to Dream as he steps outside, pulls out a potion and dissapears.
-Pulls out a potion of Vanish and uses it

The gargolye turns and charges at Anton, trying to rip into the halfling with a nasty set of claws. It tears into him.
Anton take 4 damage

Haile moves closer, getting within 30' and fires but misses. She glances at Dream "No clue."

OOC
Waiting on Dream, Anton and Ty.

Sam           [27]
---------------------------------------
Gargoyle      [26]
??/??
AC: 16 (Make it easier)
---------------------------------------
Halie       [22]
30' from Gargoyle
In Church

Dreamljocht   [22]
30' from Gargoyle
In Church

Tyrael        [13]
10' from Gargoyle
In Church

Anton         [11]
Damage: 4
5' from Gargoyle

This message was last edited by the GM at 22:13, Sun 08 May.

Dreamljocht
 Elf Cleric, 145 posts
 HP 41/41; Init +4; AC 19
 Fort 5; Will 4; Reflex 7
Sun 8 May 2022
at 12:10
Re: (IC) The Quest Begins!
Dreamljocht runs out of the church, swinging his scimitar. He closes in on the gargoyle that attacks the halfling and rushes the monstrosity. He nicks the creature, wounding it slightly.

Dreamljocht rolled 6 using 1d6+4. Damage with scimitar +1.
Dreamljocht rolled 24 using 1d20+8. Attack with scimitar +1.

This message was last edited by the player at 18:04, Sun 08 May.

Anton LeVeau
 Halfling Sorcerer, 10 posts
Sun 8 May 2022
at 23:55
Re: (IC) The Quest Begins!
In reply to Dungeon Master (msg # 448):
Anton repels back from the strike from the Gargoyle by taking a 5' step back and casts a spell granting him some more protection.  As the spell takes affect, he thiksabout his next move as an Elf from the church runs past him to attack the creature.

"Whoa," he says when the Elf passes him swinging a scimitar at the Gargoyle.

Lvl    DC  Spells Per Day
0      14       0*
1      15       6 [5] left
2      16       4

Casting Mage Armor
Tyrael Mournstrider
 Half-Elf Fighter, 32 posts
Mon 9 May 2022
at 03:12
Re: (IC) The Quest Begins!
Dream was fast, Tyrael thought, as the cleric raced passed her to attack the Gargoyle.  Not willing to let the Elf run off into danger on his own, Tyrael followed quickly.  She growled as she swung her longsword at the creature.


OOC:
Tyrael Mournstrider rolled 16 to hit, with 15 damage using Power Attack.

Dungeon Master
 GM, 1016 posts
Mon 9 May 2022
at 08:34
Re: (IC) The Quest Begins!
POOF! Sam re-appears next to the gargoyle. He has his blades out and tries to sink them into the gargoyle! The first attack misses and the second gets him but does little damage.

It growls as Dreams attack connects and winces as Ty goes to sink her weapon but it seems to have done little damage. Same as the rogue. It goes after the cleric this time amd swings twice, connecting once.
Dream take 3 damage

Haile fires again twice! One of the arrows hits him right above the knee.

OOC
Waiting on Dream, Anton and Ty.

Sam           [27]
---------------------------------------
Gargoyle      [26]
26/??
Bleed 3
AC: 16 (Make it easier)
---------------------------------------
Halie       [22]
30' from Gargoyle
In Church

Dreamljocht   [22]
5' from Gargoyle
Flanking (+2 to Hit)
Damage: 3

Tyrael        [13]
5' from Gargoyle
Flanking (+2 to hit)

Anton         [11]
Damage: 4
Mage Armor
10' from Gargoyle

Dreamljocht
 Elf Cleric, 146 posts
 HP 38/41; Init +4; AC 19
 Fort 5; Will 4; Reflex 7
Mon 9 May 2022
at 09:41
Re: (IC) The Quest Begins!
Dreamljocht attacks the gargoyle again, now flanking with Tyrael. This time his attack is poorly executed: his scimitar wirls a little too much, missing the creature by a lot and almost attacking his own companion in stead.

Dreamljocht rolled 12 using 1d20+10. Attack with scimitar +1 and flanking.
Tyrael Mournstrider
 Half-Elf Fighter, 33 posts
Mon 9 May 2022
at 14:52
Re: (IC) The Quest Begins!
That hit should have done more, Tyrael thought as she recovered from her strike and prepared another.  She swung mightily again but at the last minute had to change the angle of her strike to avoid Dreams attack.

OOC:
Tyrael Mournstrider rolled 15 to hit

This message was last edited by the GM at 14:54, Mon 09 May.

Anton LeVeau
 Halfling Sorcerer, 11 posts
Wed 11 May 2022
at 15:33
Re: (IC) The Quest Begins!
Anton takes another 5' Step away from the melee and sends forward a fiery, Elemental Ray from his hands.

11:30, Today: Anton LeVeau rolled 18 using 1d20+6.  Ranged Touch Attack (Elemental Ray).
11:30, Today: Anton LeVeau rolled 3 using 1d6+2.  Elemental Ray (Damage).

I rolled the damage as well, correct me if I'm not!

This message was lightly edited by the GM at 15:39, Wed 11 May.

Dungeon Master
 GM, 1019 posts
Wed 11 May 2022
at 16:48
Re: (IC) The Quest Begins!
Both attacks from the cleric and fighter miss but Anton's magical attack hits home.

The rogue tries to harm the creatures but can't do it, not even getting some knicks in and he backs away (5')

Once again it tries to tear into Dream once more. Its claws sinbk into the cleric.
Dream take 6 damage

And the other gargolye flies up into the air, about 40' from the group.

Twice more, Haile fires again! One of the arrows hits him right into the right arm.

OOC
Waiting on Dream, Anton and Ty.

Sam           [27] 5'
---------------------------------------
Gargoyle      [26]
39/??
Bleed 3
AC: 16 (Make it easier)

Gargoyle 2 40' from the group (Haile can't see it)
??/??
AC: 16 (Make it easier)
---------------------------------------
Halie       [22]
30' from Gargoyle
In Church

Dreamljocht   [22]
5' from Gargoyle
Flanking (+2 to Hit)
Damage: 3

Tyrael        [13]
5' from Gargoyle
Flanking (+2 to hit)

Anton         [11]
Damage: 4
Mage Armor
10' from Gargoyle

Dreamljocht
 Elf Cleric, 147 posts
 HP 32/41; Init +4; AC 19
 Fort 5; Will 4; Reflex 7
Wed 11 May 2022
at 17:15
Re: (IC) The Quest Begins!
Dreamljocht winces when the sharp claws of the gargoyle draw deep furrows over his arm and his face; red drops from his wounded cheek spatter on his outfit and the white snow. Despite the pain he attacks merciless with his scimitar again, this time wounding the monster severely.

Dreamljocht rolled 9 using 1d6+4. Damage with scimitar +1.
Dreamljocht rolled 26 using 1d20+10. Attack with scimitar +1 and flanking.

Anton LeVeau
 Halfling Sorcerer, 12 posts
Wed 11 May 2022
at 17:51
Re: (IC) The Quest Begins!
Anton takes a 5' Step back from the 1st Gargoyle attacking the Elf with the scimitar and brings another Fiery Ray at it.

13:49, Today: Anton LeVeau rolled 3 using 1d6+2.  Elemental Ray (Damage).
13:48, Today: Anton LeVeau rolled 24 using 1d20+6.  Ranged Touch Attack (Elemental Ray) [2/10].

UGH!!  Another FN '1' on damage!  I hate this die roller...

Tyrael Mournstrider
 Half-Elf Fighter, 34 posts
Thu 12 May 2022
at 05:31
Re: (IC) The Quest Begins!
"Hey, critter!  Leave the pretty Elf alone!" Tyrael shouted as she wound up another powerful swing, this time connecting with the creature.

OOC:
Tyrael Mournstrider rolled 33 to hit and 19 damage.
Hit was a critical but did not confirm.
Dungeon Master
 GM, 1022 posts
Thu 12 May 2022
at 08:02
Re: (IC) The Quest Begins!
Dream and Ty both connect solidly as the flames from the halfling sear into the gargoyle. Sam's attack does nothing, frustrating him.

Cracking forms all around the gargoyle. It looks at Ty and attacks! Two claws rip into the flesh of the fighter but his jaws miss.
Ty take 7 damage

The other gargolye drops down behind Ty and attacks with a claw but misses!

Taking a deep breath, Haile fires two more! It sinks into the chest of the hurt creature and it falls to the ground shattering! The other attack misses!

OOC
Waiting on Dream, Anton and Ty.

Sam           [27] 5'
---------------------------------------
Gargoyle      [26] x2 One Dead

Gargoyle 2 40' from the group (Haile can't see it)
??/??
AC: 16 (Make it easier)
---------------------------------------
Halie       [22]
30' from Gargoyle
In Church

Dreamljocht   [22]
5' from Gargoyle
Damage: 9

Tyrael        [13]
5' from Gargoyle
Damage: 7

Anton         [11]
Damage: 4
Mage Armor
10' from Gargoyle

Anton LeVeau
 Halfling Sorcerer, 13 posts
Thu 12 May 2022
at 11:56
Re: (IC) The Quest Begins!
Anton smiles as the one Gargoyle drops.  He then turns his attention to the other one that has now dropped behind Ty summoning another Fiery Ray.

07:53, Today: Anton LeVeau rolled 4 using 1d6+2.  Elemental Ray (Damage).

07:53, Today: Anton LeVeau rolled 21 using 1d20+6.  Ranged Touch Attack (Elemental Ray) [3/10].

Ooo, I'm improving, I'm up to two's...

Dreamljocht
 Elf Cleric, 148 posts
 HP 32/41; Init +4; AC 19
 Fort 5; Will 4; Reflex 7
Thu 12 May 2022
at 16:55
Re: (IC) The Quest Begins!
As the first gargoyle crumbles to dust, Dreamljocht turns his attention to the second on. From the  open palm of his left hand springs forth a golden ray of sunlight, aimed at the second creatue.
the creature is highlighted when the ray hits it, dust whirling from his body where the light hits.

Dreamljocht rolled 14 using 1d20+6. Ranged touch attack. (disregard armor, including shields and natural armor)
If hit: Dreamljocht rolled 6 using 2d8. Damage searing light. extra damage: Dreamljocht rolled 7 using 1d8.  Damage searing light.
Total damage searing light (3d8): 13

This message was last edited by the player at 23:29, Thu 12 May.

Tyrael Mournstrider
 Half-Elf Fighter, 35 posts
 HP 55/62, Init +2, AC 21
Thu 12 May 2022
at 20:02
Re: (IC) The Quest Begins!
Tyrael drew in a sharp breath as as he felt the gargoyles claws pierce her armor and flesh.  Hailes arrows end it existence, freeing up Tyri to turn her attention to the new one.  She turned and maneuvered to the side to try and flank the newcomer with Dream and Sam, swinging her longsword into it.

OOC:
Tyrael Mournstrider rolled 25 to hit,17 damage using Power Attack.

Dungeon Master
 GM, 1024 posts
Thu 12 May 2022
at 23:33
Re: (IC) The Quest Begins!
SLAM! Ty, Dream and Anton's attacks hit the gargoyle.

Moving to flank the fighter, Sam goes to sink his blade into the beast harming him.

It stares at the fighter and swings its claws and tries to sink its bite against her! Its claws rip into Ty!
Ty: Take 12 Damage

Haile fires two more! Both the arrows hit, one getting the creature in the neck!

OOC
Waiting on Dream, Anton and Ty.

Sam           [27] 5'
---------------------------------------
Gargoyle      [26] x2 One Dead

Gargoyle 2 40' from the group (Haile can't see it)
50/??

Bleed 3
AC: 16 (Make it easier)
---------------------------------------
Halie       [22]
30' from Gargoyle
In Church

Dreamljocht   [22]
5' from Gargoyle
Damage: 9

Tyrael        [13]
5' from Gargoyle
Damage: 19

Anton         [11]
Damage: 4
Mage Armor
10' from Gargoyle

Anton LeVeau
 Halfling Sorcerer, 14 posts
Fri 13 May 2022
at 02:00
Re: (IC) The Quest Begins!
Not satisfied with his fiery attacks, Anton tries to switch up tactics and casts a Magic Missile at the Gargoyle.

22:00, Today: Anton LeVeau rolled 11 using 3d4+3.  Magic Missile.

Lvl    DC  Spells Per Day
0      14       0*
1      15       6 [4] left
2      16       4

(Previously Cast) Mage Armor
Casting Magic Missile

Tyrael Mournstrider
 Half-Elf Fighter, 36 posts
 HP 43/62, Init +2, AC 21
Fri 13 May 2022
at 03:09
Re: (IC) The Quest Begins!
The pain from the gargoyles claws was not insignificant, and Tyrael cursed loudly.  The fresh pain caused her next strike to miss.

OOC:
Rolled a 14 to hit, so miss.

Dreamljocht
 Elf Cleric, 150 posts
 HP 32/41; Init +4; AC 19
 Fort 5; Will 4; Reflex 7
Fri 13 May 2022
at 07:58
Re: (IC) The Quest Begins!
Dreamljocht attacks the last standing gargoyle with his scimitar, trying to bring the down for once and for all. He isn't completely sure if he hits the monster enough, but some dust blows from the stony hide.

Dreamljocht rolled 7 using 1d6+4.  Possible damage with scimitar +1.
Dreamljocht rolled 16 using 1d20+10.  Attacking with scimitar +1 and flanking.

This message was last edited by the player at 07:58, Fri 13 May.

Dungeon Master
 GM, 1025 posts
Fri 13 May 2022
at 09:51
Re: (IC) The Quest Begins!
The clerics hit and that of the well time attack from the sorcerer ended the fight as the gargoyle fell to the ground just like the other and its body smashed apart. Sam takes a deep breath and watches this strange halfling for the moment. The ranger comes out, almost out of arrows and goes to the rogue, crossing her arms. Haile pauses and asks the halfling "Hey. Who are you?"

This message was last edited by the GM at 09:52, Fri 13 May.

Anton LeVeau
 Halfling Sorcerer, 15 posts
Fri 13 May 2022
at 13:32
Re: (IC) The Quest Begins!
Dungeon Master:
The clerics hit and that of the well time attack from the sorcerer ended the fight as the gargoyle fell to the ground just like the other and its body smashed apart. Sam takes a deep breath and watches this strange halfling for the moment. The ranger comes out, almost out of arrows and goes to the rogue, crossing her arms. Haile pauses and asks the halfling "Hey. Who are you?"

Once the creature drops to the ground and is no longer a threat, Anton will brush himself off and look to the Haile with some frustration.  "Who am I?  Why, I'm Anton.  Anton LeVay to be precise.  A practitioner of the magical arts.  I was looking for some shelter from the weather in the church when I saw your wagons & horses.  I didn't sign up for any trouble.

And who might all of you be since we're asking questions?"


Anton is a little irritated and people might detect a little bit of a condescending attitude about him.
Sam Cascious
 Tiefling Rogue, 34 posts
 HP 32/40, Init +3; AC 18
 Fort 1; Will 3; Reflex 9
Fri 13 May 2022
at 13:37
Re: (IC) The Quest Begins!
Lovely. Another person that Sam will end up hating. Definatly a cocky attitude but maybe thats what the group needs-another cocky person other then himself. That is if the rogue even talks. Sam sheathes his kurkis somewhere on his body-one minute they are in his hands and the next they are gone. He just turns and walks over the wagon, looking at it from the rear side and leaning in to do something. He just lets the others deal with Anton.
Tyrael Mournstrider
 Half-Elf Fighter, 37 posts
 HP 43/62, Init +2, AC 21
Sat 14 May 2022
at 03:32
Re: (IC) The Quest Begins!
"I didn't sign up for any trouble either."  Tyrael said, frowning as she touched the last spot where the gargoyle attacked her.  She was bleeding a bit and the spot was tender.  "I wanted a nice walk through the woods, a bag of gold at the end of it, and some new drinking fellows."

"You okay, Dream?  Sam?"  She looked around at her new companions to see how badly injured they all were.  Her eyes landed on Anton and she sighed.  "Sorry Anton...I get testy when claws rip through my newly repaired surcoat and my skin.  How are you doing?  Okay?"
Dreamljocht
 Elf Cleric, 151 posts
 HP 32/41; Init +4; AC 19
 Fort 5; Will 4; Reflex 7
Sat 14 May 2022
at 08:20
Re: (IC) The Quest Begins!
"I'll heal the wounds. Anton and Tyrael, come closer, so that I can heal us in one wave. Anyone else wounded? Sam, Hailie?"
When all wounded are gathered around Dreamljocht, he casts a wave of healing energy that closes most wounds completely. Only Tyrael seems tp have some minor scrathces left. To heal him completely too, Dreamljocht casts one spell of Cure Light Wounds on the fighter.

Dreamljocht rolled 17 using 3d8.  Channel energy.
Anton LeVeau
 Halfling Sorcerer, 16 posts
Sat 14 May 2022
at 14:26
Re: (IC) The Quest Begins!
Tyrael Mournstrider:
"I didn't sign up for any trouble either."  Tyrael said, frowning as she touched the last spot where the gargoyle attacked her.  She was bleeding a bit and the spot was tender.  "I wanted a nice walk through the woods, a bag of gold at the end of it, and some new drinking fellows."

"You okay, Dream?  Sam?"  She looked around at her new companions to see how badly injured they all were.  Her eyes landed on Anton and she sighed.  "Sorry Anton...I get testy when claws rip through my newly repaired surcoat and my skin.  How are you doing?  Okay?"

"Well, it sounds like we share the same ambitions on how our days should have went!"

Anton seems to relax his attitude down a notch and then continues to address Tyrael, "Nevermind!  I tend to get a bit feisty myself when things start ripping through me and my attire as well.  I'll be better if I can find some place warm to get my bones warmed up.  I'm only around 40 pounds, not much insulation if you get my drift?  If you don't mind, could we go inside and see about a fire?  We can speak in there?  I am OK otherwise, thank you young lady!"

Anton will move towards the Cleric to accept the healing, bringing him back to full hit points.  "Thank you!"

This message was last edited by the GM at 14:29, Sat 14 May.

Tyrael Mournstrider
 Half-Elf Fighter, 38 posts
 HP 43/62, Init +2, AC 21
Mon 16 May 2022
at 05:16
Re: (IC) The Quest Begins!
Tyrael thanked Dream, giving the Elf a light touch on his shoulder.  She gave a few twists and stretches to feel herself move without the pain from wounds as she turned to Anton.  "Well, I don't know how much warmer the inside of an old church is going to be.  There's no fire and I doubt that anyone is keeping it hospitable, at least from what I've seen."
Anton LeVeau
 Halfling Sorcerer, 18 posts
Mon 16 May 2022
at 13:51
Re: (IC) The Quest Begins!
Tyrael Mournstrider:
Tyrael thanked Dream, giving the Elf a light touch on his shoulder.  She gave a few twists and stretches to feel herself move without the pain from wounds as she turned to Anton.  "Well, I don't know how much warmer the inside of an old church is going to be.  There's no fire and I doubt that anyone is keeping it hospitable, at least from what I've seen."

"Well, at least inside this church, I can keep the wind and snow off of me.  I have the capability to start and maintain a fire to keep me plenty warm than out here.  I don't plan on an extended stay here, just wanted to get out of the weather and escape, umm, I mean warm up for a time," Anton says to the group of people he just ran into.
Dungeon Master
 GM, 1026 posts
Mon 16 May 2022
at 19:57
Re: (IC) The Quest Begins!
The rogue gets the wagon closer to the church. He drops down, gets a small unknown object within his arm with a blanket covered it and takes his other hand and goes to bring Peto into the church (the horse that is). Haile nods her head and follows after him. She sits down and takes the bundle object, Peto at her side. He goes to get the other horses and brings them inside as well yet they seem really skittish towards Sam for some unknwo reason. He seems to looke like a human boy....

Sam and Haile doesn't look hurt. He grabs another quiver and puts it next to the ranger then goes over to the gate leading somewhere into the darkness and tries to get it to be locked which he does with some old metal wiring. Should hold. Sam grabs some tinder and small bits of wood and place them in the center of the church. He sits down on the ground near Haile, watching this strange halfling. Haile shifts the odd object and looks down upon it.
Anton LeVeau
 Halfling Sorcerer, 19 posts
Mon 16 May 2022
at 21:01
Re: (IC) The Quest Begins!
Dungeon Master:
Sam and Haile doesn't look hurt. He grabs another quiver and puts it next to the ranger then goes over to the gate leading somewhere into the darkness and tries to get it to be locked which he does with some old metal wiring. Should hold. Sam grabs some tinder and small bits of wood and place them in the center of the church. He sits down on the ground near Haile, watching this strange halfling. Haile shifts the odd object and looks down upon it.

Anton moves himself into the churches interior and drops his pack near where (Sam) the gruff looking rogue appears to be working on starting a fire.  "Do you require help?" he asks of him.
Dreamljocht
 Elf Cleric, 152 posts
 HP 32/41; Init +4; AC 19
 Fort 5; Will 4; Reflex 7
Mon 16 May 2022
at 21:17
Re: (IC) The Quest Begins!
Dreamljocht looks around outside once more, looking at the slain monsters especially as they were the first gargoyles he had encountered.
He takes note of the preparations from Sam for a camp inside the church. He calls out to the rogue: "Good idea Sam, Better for the horses too, and their warmth will help to keep the cold at bay."

When everything outside seems normal and no eminent danger a foot, he enters the church and makes a comfortable place near the fire or the horses for the night. When ready, he searches the church again, standing at the bottom of the stairs to the second floor, looking up. "Should we control the upper floor before we take a rest?"
Tyrael Mournstrider
 Half-Elf Fighter, 39 posts
 HP 43/62, Init +2, AC 21
Tue 17 May 2022
at 03:19
Re: (IC) The Quest Begins!
Tyrael had only relaxed a little after the fight with the gargoyles.  While Sam set up the fire, Tyri was eying the stairs going up.  "Dream." she said to the Cleric, coming up to stand beside him, shield and sword in hand.  "Let's check out the upper floors while Sam sets up the fire.  My mind is not at ease just yet."
Sam Cascious
 Tiefling Rogue, 35 posts
 HP 32/40, Init +3; AC 18
 Fort 1; Will 3; Reflex 9
Tue 17 May 2022
at 07:08
Re: (IC) The Quest Begins!
"Nothing is there." Sam glances at Ty and Dream but they will probably take a look anyways because who trust the rogue? He glances at the halfling, crossings his arms as he sits there.
Anton LeVeau
 Halfling Sorcerer, 20 posts
Tue 17 May 2022
at 12:38
Re: (IC) The Quest Begins!
Sam Cascious:
"Nothing is there." Sam glances at Ty and Dream but they will probably take a look anyways because who trust the rogue? He glances at the halfling, crossings his arms as he sits there.

Anton folds his arms in front of him, "Hmm, I guess that's a no."

Tyrael Mournstrider:
Tyrael had only relaxed a little after the fight with the gargoyles.  While Sam set up the fire, Tyri was eying the stairs going up.  "Dream." she said to the Cleric, coming up to stand beside him, shield and sword in hand.  "Let's check out the upper floors while Sam sets up the fire.  My mind is not at ease just yet."

Anton will turn to Ty & Dream, "Would you like some help?  It appears I'm not needed for fire building down here?"
Dungeon Master
 GM, 1027 posts
Tue 17 May 2022
at 14:57
Re: (IC) The Quest Begins!
Why is it no one bothered to ask Sam? He checked and told them but it was ignored. The fiery halfling doesn't seem to want to help so the rogue finally gets it lit "I told you there is nothing up there. Use your ears." Wow. Someone is being rather snippy. Course facing off against two gargoyles will do that to you. Outside a church "Old pews. That's it. Place for a bell." He glances at Haile who seems to be asleep on one of the pews down here, something snuggled up on her. Sam seems protective over her.

The firelight seems soothing.
Dreamljocht
 Elf Cleric, 153 posts
 HP 41/41; Init +4; AC 19
 Fort 5; Will 4; Reflex 7
Tue 17 May 2022
at 15:08
Re: (IC) The Quest Begins!
"I believe you Sam, but perhaps it was the roost for the gargoyles, or it gives me more information which religion was confessed in this church. I find it strange there's not a single trace of evidence which god or goddess was worshipped here."
Dreamljocht climbs the stairs to the upper floor. For safety he has his scimitsr in hsnd, although he doesn't believe it is necessary as he trusts Sam.
Tyrael Mournstrider
 Half-Elf Fighter, 40 posts
 HP 43/62, Init +2, AC 21
Tue 17 May 2022
at 15:23
Re: (IC) The Quest Begins!
Tyrael looked at Sam and then back to the stairs, seeming to consider his words.  Rude words, but that seemed to just be the way that Sam was.  Several retorts came to mind but she kept quiet.  She was still trying to figure the man out. More trouble than its worth, she thought with a a shake of her head.

She was not going to let Dream go on his own, and followed after him.  "The fires up if you still want to warm up, Anton.  Otherwise we could use some company.  We could talk a bit.  I'm curious as to how you found yourself out here."
Sam Cascious
 Tiefling Rogue, 36 posts
 HP 32/40, Init +3; AC 18
 Fort 1; Will 3; Reflex 9
Tue 17 May 2022
at 15:41
Re: (IC) The Quest Begins!
"Yeah you believe me Dream. Sure." The rogue glances back at the cleric going up the stairs then turns back to stare into the fire. He pulls out what looks like a cigar and now watches the halfling while putting it in his mouth.
Anton LeVeau
 Halfling Sorcerer, 21 posts
Tue 17 May 2022
at 17:25
Re: (IC) The Quest Begins!
Tyrael Mournstrider:
Tyrael looked at Sam and then back to the stairs, seeming to consider his words.  Rude words, but that seemed to just be the way that Sam was.  Several retorts came to mind but she kept quiet.  She was still trying to figure the man out. More trouble than its worth, she thought with a a shake of her head.

She was not going to let Dream go on his own, and followed after him.  "The fires up if you still want to warm up, Anton.  Otherwise we could use some company.  We could talk a bit.  I'm curious as to how you found yourself out here."

Anton looks back between Ty and dream, then to Sam.  "It would appear that your friend here is adamant that the second floor is already clear.  Not to offend anyone but, I will accompany you upstairs to talk and not check up behind your companion here.  The gargoyles postponed me getting in front of a fire earlier, I think I can wait a few more minutes."

Anton will place his hand out to the both of them, "After you?"  If they proceed, he will follow them upstairs.
Dungeon Master
 GM, 1029 posts
Thu 19 May 2022
at 01:13
Re: (IC) The Quest Begins!
The ranger and rogue sit by the fire, Sam staring into it as the other three head up the stairs. Above, they see several old pews, all broken. And what looks like a possibly hanging area for a bell but its not there. Theres two windows looking out. For now its daylight but the sun is slowly going down and its getting cold. There doesn't seem to be anything of value and they can look down into the churh. It looks safe.
Anton LeVeau
 Halfling Sorcerer, 22 posts
Thu 19 May 2022
at 01:17
Re: (IC) The Quest Begins!
Dungeon Master:
The ranger and rogue sit by the fire, Sam staring into it as the other three head up the stairs. Above, they see several old pews, all broken. And what looks like a possibly hanging area for a bell but its not there. There's two windows looking out. For now its daylight but the sun is slowly going down and its getting cold. There doesn't seem to be anything of value and they can look down into the church. It looks safe.

Anton goes over to one of the windows and tries to look out in the direction he had come from.  He shudders, and then rubs his hands together to try and get some warmth back in his hands.  Continuing to look out the window, he asks, "What do you want to know?"
Tyrael Mournstrider
 Half-Elf Fighter, 41 posts
 HP 43/62, Init +2, AC 21
Thu 19 May 2022
at 03:54
Re: (IC) The Quest Begins!
Tyrael Kept a watchful eye on Dream while speaking to Anton.  "Well, you could start with what brings you out this way."  she replied, glancing over at the Halfling.  "Seems a little dangerous for a stroll, and a little cold."
Anton LeVeau
 Halfling Sorcerer, 23 posts
Fri 20 May 2022
at 01:01
Re: (IC) The Quest Begins!
Tyrael Mournstrider:
Tyrael Kept a watchful eye on Dream while speaking to Anton.  "Well, you could start with what brings you out this way."  she replied, glancing over at the Halfling.  "Seems a little dangerous for a stroll, and a little cold."

Anton continues to look out the window.  "I was working with a group of adventurer's, friends I guess is ore like it.  We were hired to dispatch a group of bandits plaguing an areas traffic and small villages.  We were finally able to catch up to the bandits after about a week tracking them to their camp.  We attacked and I, we, had thought we had dispatched or scattered the majority of them.  Apparently, on of my companions found a weird piece of jewelry in what we figured was the bandit leaders tent.  I found out later that it had really weird markings on it.  I didn't keep it and I guess they were going to have a priest or a sage research it.

Before we had a chance to move away from their camp, they had regrouped and attacked us in force.  They fought like incensed mad men looking for the piece of jewelry!  My party was scattered and beaten down not far from where the survivors pushed out on their own.  I know several of my group, friends rather were captured or killed right there.  I know that two or three of us had escaped into the woods.  'Tis how I stumbled upon this place."


He turns and looks at Ty, "And you?"
Tyrael Mournstrider
 Half-Elf Fighter, 42 posts
 HP 43/62, Init +2, AC 21
Fri 20 May 2022
at 05:02
Re: (IC) The Quest Begins!
"That's quite the story." Tyrael said, looking at the Halfling.  "Not sure that I like the idea of a group of bandits nearby but hopefully they've gone off their own way and are not hunting for you.  You'll be safe with us for the night, well most of us...can't really speak for Sam.  That is assuming that you are not planning on killing us all in our sleep."

"You aren't planning on killing us in our sleep, are you?" She gave Anton a hard look and then broke into a smile.  "Kidding.  Maybe.  In any case, we are just passing through.  Travelling down the road to see what's there.  So what do you do when you're not fighting bandits?"
Dreamljocht
 Elf Cleric, 154 posts
 HP 41/41; Init +4; AC 19
 Fort 5; Will 4; Reflex 7
Fri 20 May 2022
at 09:07
Re: (IC) The Quest Begins!
Dreamljocht frowns upon hearing the story of Anton: "Did they hunt you these days? Could you walk away unhindered till you came here? If those bandits think you have their treasure, they'll hunt you down here and we can expect visitors overnight."
Dreamljocht returns to the second floor for some moments to see if they could use the upper windows or the bell tower as a lookout for the nightwatch.
Anton LeVeau
 Halfling Sorcerer, 24 posts
Fri 20 May 2022
at 12:30
Re: (IC) The Quest Begins!
Tyrael Mournstrider:
"That's quite the story." Tyrael said, looking at the Halfling.  "Not sure that I like the idea of a group of bandits nearby but hopefully they've gone off their own way and are not hunting for you.  You'll be safe with us for the night, well most of us...can't really speak for Sam.  That is assuming that you are not planning on killing us all in our sleep."

"You aren't planning on killing us in our sleep, are you?" She gave Anton a hard look and then broke into a smile.  "Kidding.  Maybe.  In any case, we are just passing through.  Travelling down the road to see what's there.  So what do you do when you're not fighting bandits?"

Anton looks at Ty, "I wish I could say they weren't.  Sam is his name?  Meh, I have no qualms with him.  We're all set in our ways.  I can be a bit uh, not so charming at times myself.  Killing you isn't an option for me.  Safety in numbers, right?"

Anton moves away from the window towards the pair before continuing.  "I'm an adventurer, just like you guys seem to be.  I want to make a name for myself but, there really isn't a call for a single halfling sorcerer to save the world."


Dreamljocht:
Dreamljocht frowns upon hearing the story of Anton: "Did they hunt you these days? Could you walk away unhindered till you came here? If those bandits think you have their treasure, they'll hunt you down here and we can expect visitors overnight."
Dreamljocht returns to the second floor for some moments to see if they could use the upper windows or the bell tower as a lookout for the night watch.

"If they haven't found what they're looking for, I'm sure that they're still looking for me.  I couldn't say how soon they might be here, if at all.  I haven't really stopped for days except to rest and eat.  Life is hard on the road travelling alone & on the run!"
Dreamljocht
 Elf Cleric, 155 posts
 HP 41/41; Init +4; AC 19
 Fort 5; Will 4; Reflex 7
Sat 21 May 2022
at 20:04
Re: (IC) The Quest Begins!
Dreamljocht ends his search from the upper floor: "No way to keep watch from here upstairs; The view from the belfrey is too restricted to be of much use while keeping watch. I suggest we keep watch from inside looking out through the windows. The snow makes it light enough to see anyone approaching in force soon enough."
He looks at Sam: "Sam, you were down in the crypt as well, I think? There wasn't much special in there? And also not a second way in or out?""
Sam Cascious
 Tiefling Rogue, 37 posts
 HP 32/40, Init +3; AC 18
 Fort 1; Will 3; Reflex 9
Sun 22 May 2022
at 01:49
Re: (IC) The Quest Begins!
The rogue looks up, with Halie asleep on the pew. He sits on the ground, fiddling with his kurki "It looks like a tomb, Dream. Didn't see anything odd. I didn't have a chance to enter and look around." He then looks into the flames. He pulls out a cigar, and lights it on some embers. "The bugs don't need to go above the ground. There's other things that can avoid it. Like gargoyles." He stands up and stretches but the blade is gone once more "So now we're being hunted because your with us?" Well it is the truth really. He goes up the stairs, and watches the three of them "I plan on killing you while you sleep." Seriously Sam? Hard to tell if he is being serious but heck he just said he'd do it in front of the cleric. And he could have done it last night. First the dead cavalier and sorcerer. Now another sorerer shows up on the run. He puffs the cigar, watching "If they have enough of a force, scouting us is probably what they do. If they know where Anton is. We don't need anyone following us." He doesn't really talk but when he does he's rather blunt "We should go rest."

This message was last edited by the player at 02:07, Sun 22 May.

Tyrael Mournstrider
 Half-Elf Fighter, 43 posts
 HP 43/62, Init +2, AC 21
Mon 23 May 2022
at 03:30
Re: (IC) The Quest Begins!
"Bandits trying to hunt down Anton is a possibility."  Tyrael said, coming down from the second floor and picking a seat near the fire.  She put her sword on her lap, pulled out a cloth and began cleaning it.  "Just as much as running into a pack of bandits anyway.  We'll have to keep on our toes. An extra set of eyes couldn't hurt, so you might want to hold off on killing Anton in the night."

"I've got first watch, folks.  Best settle in and get some rest."
Anton LeVeau
 Halfling Sorcerer, 25 posts
Mon 23 May 2022
at 13:39
Re: (IC) The Quest Begins!
Tyrael Mournstrider:
"Bandits trying to hunt down Anton is a possibility."  Tyrael said, coming down from the second floor and picking a seat near the fire.  She put her sword on her lap, pulled out a cloth and began cleaning it.  "Just as much as running into a pack of bandits anyway.  We'll have to keep on our toes. An extra set of eyes couldn't hurt, so you might want to hold off on killing Anton in the night."

Anton scoffs at the comment, "Well, that will make me sleep better tonight!"
Tyrael Mournstrider
 Half-Elf Fighter, 44 posts
 HP 43/62, Init +2, AC 21
Tue 24 May 2022
at 04:22
Re: (IC) The Quest Begins!
Tyrael looked up from her cleaning and over to Anton.  "Ha Ha!  At least the fire is warm and the conversation is lively.  What more can you ask for?"
Dreamljocht
 Elf Cleric, 156 posts
 HP 41/41; Init +4; AC 19
 Fort 5; Will 4; Reflex 7
Tue 24 May 2022
at 06:33
Re: (IC) The Quest Begins!
Dreamljocht grins over the cynical banter around Anton. "I'll take last watch; that gives me ample opportunity to pray for my spells."
After these words, he makes a nice spot to sleep near the fire.
Anton LeVeau
 Halfling Sorcerer, 26 posts
Tue 24 May 2022
at 12:28
Re: (IC) The Quest Begins!
Dreamljocht:
Dreamljocht grins over the cynical banter around Anton. "I'll take last watch; that gives me ample opportunity to pray for my spells."
After these words, he makes a nice spot to sleep near the fire.

Anton looks over Dream to see if he can see a holy symbol.  "So, who's your guy?  Or gal I guess you pray to?"

If you want me to share a watch with someone, let me know."

Dreamljocht
 Elf Cleric, 157 posts
 HP 41/41; Init +4; AC 19
 Fort 5; Will 4; Reflex 7
Tue 24 May 2022
at 13:36
Re: (IC) The Quest Begins!
When Anton asks, Dreamljocht touches his holy symbol: "I'm a cleric of Sarenrae; she is my lodestar." and on Anton's second question he answers: "You can join me on my watch; if you like like, I could tell you more about my goddess."
Anton LeVeau
 Halfling Sorcerer, 27 posts
Tue 24 May 2022
at 16:44
Re: (IC) The Quest Begins!
Dreamljocht:
When Anton asks, Dreamljocht touches his holy symbol: "I'm a cleric of Sarenrae; she is my lodestar." and on Anton's second question he answers: "You can join me on my watch; if you like like, I could tell you more about my goddess."

Anton scoffs, "As long as she gives you what you need to survive and live, isn't that what matters?  I suppose I can join you.  Travelling alone has left me a little yearning some conversation.  Thank you!  However, I must warn you, I'm not well versed in religion."

Anton will bring his things upstairs for the time being while joining Dream on watch.
Dungeon Master
 GM, 1031 posts
Wed 25 May 2022
at 00:31
Re: (IC) The Quest Begins!
Not sure why Anton went back upstairs as its pretty cold, Sam sits down by the fire. He takes a few puffs of his cigar as Haile sleeps with something in her arms. Strange. The rogue watches the flames and is quiet.

Nothing creeps out. After awhile, Sam seems to be asleep but its hard to tell. The ranger stretches and puts the bundled up something in Sam's lap. She looks around, and sees her arrows back. Oh yeah the rogue gave her more probably from the wagon. Peto munches on some food, so does the other horses. Good call.

The fighter does her rounds and huddles up by the fire, perhaps she is asleep. Dream and Anton converse quietly. It seems pretty safe for now. All is calm. Its probably the first time the group isn't on high alert despite possibly being hunted. Maybe they are, maybe not.

OOC
Dream and Anton can talk. Ty can be awake if you want. Hard to tell if Sam is awake and Haile is awake. Few hours passed (shot ahead) :)