(IC) The Quest Begins!   Posted by Dungeon Master.Group: 0
Jemimwitt Haethy
 Halfling Cavalier, 57 posts
Sat 7 Aug 2021
at 15:55
Re: (IC) The Quest Begins!
Jemimwitt gave a long sigh, and maneuvered between the two, keeping his distance from both and facing neither, so it was clear he was not about to charge. Of course, Sam was probably a good enough shot that he could hit her anyway, but that wasn't really the point.

"Fine, but we should come to that conclusion through our words, not threatening to shoot people with a blasted crossbow or spells.

This bear just tried to kill us: I'd probably be bleeding out at the moment if it wasn't for that heal earlier.

So, why don't we have a nice friendly conversation with words instead of threatening to murder people over the life of a bloody bear that just tried to kill us?

You know... TONE IT DOWN A LITTLE."


Sam might not like being told what to do, but Jemimwitt Haethy would be damned if he'd be told what he couldn't say.

This message was last edited by the player at 15:56, Sat 07 Aug 2021.

Dove Laneri
 Aasimar Sorcerer, 49 posts
Sat 7 Aug 2021
at 16:09
Re: (IC) The Quest Begins!
Dove just flashed a strained but polite smile at Jemimwitt though did nothing to shift out of her stance.

“You can act like you’re talking to both of us rather then Sam all you want but my threat sums up to stop threatening to murder me and pointing weapons at me or I’ll defend myself. Not about what we do with the beast. In most circles that’s normal, yes?”

This message was last edited by the player at 16:10, Sat 07 Aug 2021.

Dungeon Master
 GM, 816 posts
Sat 7 Aug 2021
at 16:12
Re: (IC) The Quest Begins!
The tiefling shoulders his bow, staring at the group and shakes his head "My views apparently mean little so I won't say a damn word. Go flock to your best friend." He walks away without a word, anger brewing up inside of him. He darts into the woodlands and is gone.

Haile seems torn but the bear lies there with its cub. She stands up, watching what is going on and knowing Sam can be reckless. But does she even know Dove? No "Is this the time to talk? Sam did what he believed was right. But you threatening to kill him wasn't right either. So stop." She doesn't stand a chance of moving it as she tries but nods to Dream "Can we at least bury it?" She seems crestfallen.

This message was last edited by the GM at 16:17, Sat 07 Aug 2021.

Jemimwitt Haethy
 Halfling Cavalier, 58 posts
Sat 7 Aug 2021
at 16:29
Re: (IC) The Quest Begins!
(OOC- I literally started writing that post before Dove posted her response).

Were these people mad?

"Sam, you are welcome to talk and communicate with your words and views. It's the 'Do what I say or I'll shoot you with a crossbow' is generally frowned upon" He turns to Haile.

"Halie, she just said it wasn't a good idea to heal the bear. She wasn't commanding anyone. Healing the bear is up to you and Dreamljocht. I'm certainly not going to tell him how to use his divine power. As to our new friend threatening to kill Sam: he literally threatened to drop her if she didn't drop her weapon. We were fighting this thing for our lives 30 seconds ago."

The danger seemingly averted, Jemimwitt gave Muffins a pet and shook his head. Sometimes, he just didn't understand people.

This message was last edited by the GM at 18:11, Sat 07 Aug 2021.

Dungeon Master
 GM, 824 posts
Sat 7 Aug 2021
at 18:35
Re: (IC) The Quest Begins!
The ranger sighs as she looks in the direction of where Sam took off. She pushes it and she doesn't have the strength. Kneeling down, the cub seems to be crying curled up with the bear. Feeling like it was her fault, she is able to get the bear into her arms and it looks up at her.

Assuming everyone chips in and helps to move it the dead bear is pushed into a small area and is buried probably from help of the wagon. When someone goes back to it, its where it was normally. No one is around it. The bear can be easily buried. Haile marks it with a criss-cross and the group moves on. It seems like the group wants to talk and argue, confusion probably settles in.

The bear despite losing its parents, it slowly slips into slumber. Haile makes a makeshift harness and it lies inside of it, covered up.

OOC
So who is manning the wagon aka the reigns? Everyone has a mount minus Dove.

Dreamljocht
 Elf Cleric, 73 posts
 HP 31/41; Init +4; AC 17
 Fort 5; Will 4; Reflex 7
Sat 7 Aug 2021
at 19:06
Re: (IC) The Quest Begins!
Dreamljocht listens and shakes his head: some of his companions seem to be on edge about each other. That is not the way he likes to work within a companioship.
He calls Sam first: "Sam, you're wounded. I'm going to try to heal all of us at least a little. Come back so I can heal you too."

Then he turns to the others: "To heal as best as I can, we need to be close to each other. And it won't help if I'll try to heal you when you are bashing each others  heads after. And step back from the bear as I don't like to heal her accidentally as well. And Jem: bring Muffins here: she needs it too."

For his healing he waits till everyone is centred around him, and there is no healing without Sam. If Sam is still fuming in the woods, Dreamljocht will call him again and waits patiently.

When everyone is there, Dreamljocht touches his holy symbol, prays to Sarenrae, and everyone feels a surge of healing energy coursing through.

Dreamljocht rolled 8 using 3d6. Channel positive energy. Everyone healed for 8 hp

When the healing is done, Dreamljochts waits some moments before opening his eyes and he looks at everyone, one by one: "There seems a lot of distrust among us. Dove and Jem are new; they don't know us well and we don't know them either. Halie, Sam and I have a mission to fullfil, if Jem or Dove wants to join us we need to trust each other to work together. Tonight at our campsite we have to talk and to learn about each other, so we can trust and work together as a team, otherwise we'll fail in our quest."

For those who are sensitive enough, Dreamljochts aura is almost pulsing when he tries to apease the group.
Dungeon Master
 GM, 826 posts
Sat 7 Aug 2021
at 19:13
Re: (IC) The Quest Begins!
Sam is indead gone. He doesn't react to Dream. It slowly begins to get dark.
Dreamljocht
 Elf Cleric, 74 posts
 HP 31/41; Init +4; AC 17
 Fort 5; Will 4; Reflex 7
Sat 7 Aug 2021
at 19:29
Re: (IC) The Quest Begins!
When Sam stays in the wood, Dreamljocht takes point again: "We can't stay here this way. Sam is near and I hope he'll come back soon. My proposal is to make camp at the cart: the horses will probably not come near the dead bear. After burrying the large bear, he follows Halie and the cub to the cart.

Dreamljocht starts to collect the horses and hobble them, preventing them to run away.

This message was last edited by the player at 21:15, Sat 07 Aug 2021.

Dungeon Master
 GM, 828 posts
Sat 7 Aug 2021
at 21:12
Re: (IC) The Quest Begins!
Assuming everyone chips in and helps to move it the dead bear is pushed into a small area and is buried probably from help of the wagon. When someone goes back to it, its where it was normally. No one is around it. Everything inside of it remains the same. Sam's gear is on him. Haile marks it with a criss-cross. It seems like the group wants to talk and argue, confusion probably settles in. Its slowly getting dark but the group can move along if they want. The cart stops at the bear beforehand. Haile tells Dream she will take the bear for now and the horses seem fine with the small bear course its hidden on Haile. They are much bigger then it so its not threatening. Sam doesn't come. Maybe he's around but hard to tell.
Dreamljocht
 Elf Cleric, 75 posts
 HP 31/41; Init +4; AC 17
 Fort 5; Will 4; Reflex 7
Sat 7 Aug 2021
at 21:19
Re: (IC) The Quest Begins!
When making camp, Dreamljocht keeps on the lookout for Sam. Even if he doesn't know Sam well, Sam had saved their skin several times. Dreamljocht is troubled by the course of events.

Dreamljocht rolled 20 using 1d20+6. Perception.
Jemimwitt Haethy
 Halfling Cavalier, 62 posts
Sun 8 Aug 2021
at 05:28
Re: (IC) The Quest Begins!
After the channel, Jemimwitt moved around a bit experimentally and nodded approvingly, testing his body despite his wounds. He was still ambulatory and could ride: and that wouldn't be true without the healing he'd received.


"Thank you for your assistance, Dreamljocht. That sounds like a great idea. I'd love to hear some stories from everyone. Even Sam.

We may have had a disagreement but he definitely shouldn't be camping alone tonight in this forest. I do hope he shows up."


Not that long ago, goblins had managed to sneak close enough to literally kidnap Muffins from a full camp with guards. Sleeping out here alone sounded insanely dangerous.

Once the camp was made and he'd quickly seen to Muffins needs, he headed back to the camp for the aforementioned discussion. He had planned on also taking the time to fix his armour, but the magical chain seemed to be free of torn links: the magical armor had held up remarkably well.


22:26, Today: Jemimwitt Haethy rolled 7 using 1d20+5.  Muffins Perception.
22:25, Today: Jemimwitt Haethy rolled 15 using 1d20+6.  Perception Jemimwitt (4 against danger/stealth) for a total of 19


Dove Laneri
 Aasimar Sorcerer, 54 posts
Mon 9 Aug 2021
at 15:50
Re: (IC) The Quest Begins!
Once more Dove is confused at the actions of the party moving the bear off to the side rather then harvesting it for meat, albeit she supposes it makes sense with Halie apparently keeping the cub. She took the time to wind down as Dream healed the parties wounds and Sam still didn’t appear before they decided to hobble the horses and set up camp. Far from optimal but as her adrenaline dropped she had to admit she could use the break. Taking calming breaths she went through the mindless tasks of helping out where requested, keeping an eye out for Sam as she did. Albeit unlike the others she was more wary then worried.

08:45, Today: Dove Laneri rolled 9 using 1d20+3.  Perception.
Dreamljocht
 Elf Cleric, 79 posts
 HP 31/41; Init +4; AC 17
 Fort 5; Will 4; Reflex 7
Mon 9 Aug 2021
at 16:35
Re: (IC) The Quest Begins!
Dreamljocht looks around and asks: "I have still some minor scratches; if anyone is still wounded, I could heal us once again? I know I need some more."
Jemimwitt Haethy
 Halfling Cavalier, 64 posts
Mon 9 Aug 2021
at 22:35
Re: (IC) The Quest Begins!
Jemimwitt nodded "I also have a few injuries. The armor held up well, but I can't say the same for my ribs."

He stood around the center. He suddenly spoke very loudly so that any nearby could hear. "Sam, you are welcome to join us openly if you wish. If not, have a good night."

There was no malice in his tone.

Jemimwitt couldn't be sure, but he thought he'd heard... something watching him. It could be his imagination, some critter, Sam or something else. He thought it might be Sam, who seemed heavily invested in completing the mission and thus seemed unlikely to depart.

"Shall we have a discussion of our past as Dreamljocht suggested? Who would like to be first?"

Dreamljocht
 Elf Cleric, 80 posts
 HP 41/41; Init +4; AC 17
 Fort 5; Will 4; Reflex 7
Mon 9 Aug 2021
at 22:52
Re: (IC) The Quest Begins!
Dreamljocht holds his holy symbol once again, praying to his goddess. A new wave of healing energy runs through everyones veins. If Muffins has some wounds, these would heal too.
When Dreamljocht looks around he has some flash of a sight: it is as if he sees a second Jem, amidst the trees and shrubs. But as he blinks his eyes in disbelief, the sight is gone and he doesn't know if he had seen somenthing real or that his imagination had played tricks on him.

Dreamljocht rolled 13 using 3d6. Channel positive energy. Everyone within 30 feet heals 13 hp

This message was last edited by the player at 13:33, Tue 10 Aug 2021.

Dungeon Master
 GM, 834 posts
Mon 9 Aug 2021
at 22:57
Re: (IC) The Quest Begins!
The small group is gathered together around a small campfire. The four of them circle the campfire, food is given out as well. Haile sits some distance off with the bear upon her shoulder as she eats quietly. Its relatively peaceful. Night has fallen, everyone is together. The cleric heals the group up and waits. The quiet night, familiar sounds of a owl hooting. It has been a long day.

This message was last edited by the GM at 23:00, Mon 09 Aug 2021.

Halie Delmenn
 Human Ranger, 61 posts
Mon 9 Aug 2021
at 23:26
Re: (IC) The Quest Begins!
Her mood had soured quite a bit with everything that had happened. She didn't want to attack the momma bear...she was only protecting her cub and then to top it off with Dove wanting to kill the baby...it was too much. With a heavy sigh, her thoughts turned to Sam and what happened at the wagon as she picked up the cub and held it up to look it over. "Now...what to name you..." she said with a small, sad smile, trying not to let any emotions show.


17:19, Today: Halie Delmenn rolled 27 using 1d20+9.  Perception.
Dove Laneri
 Aasimar Sorcerer, 56 posts
Mon 9 Aug 2021
at 23:52
Re: (IC) The Quest Begins!
“I don’t mind telling you all a bit about myself but I’m not sure what exactly you want to hear. Funny stories, tales of home and hearth, epic tales?”

Dove seemed curious and a little unsure as she settled in with the others. Considering carefully the atmosphere and both Muffins and the unnamed bear cub she decided to reveal one of her own secrets. She lifted the leg of her pants to reveal a gold lined skunk against her skin and stared at it unimpressed.

“Stop being so lazy, if you want dinner come get it Stripes. Silly thing.

Perhaps it was the order or the smell of food that did it as her tattoo, scratch that, her familiar detached from her leg and crawled into her lap much like a cat demanding attention and food. She made sure that her companion got his fill though as she considered what kind of information to share with the others.
Jemimwitt Haethy
 Halfling Cavalier, 65 posts
Tue 10 Aug 2021
at 01:11
Re: (IC) The Quest Begins!
Once everything was all set up, Muffins was relaxing by the fire with Jemimwitt laying against him as a particularly large pillow.

Muffins head twisted a bit as he saw the skunk and twisted his head, whining lightly, a little confused as to why a skunk was allowed. Jemimwitt gave him a pet and he put his head back down.


"Something that says something about you would be good. Or just a good story. It's hard to say no to a good story.


Jemimwitt stopped suddenly, and made a hand gesture. Muffins was up in a minute, looking alarmed. Jemimwitt mounted Muffins and moved away from where he was standing about 30 feet.

He had not stayed alive by ignoring his intuition. It could be something as simple as a large badger den or an underground cave.

"I may just be very tired, but I swear I just felt the ground move under my feet. We may be on a sinkhole or something. We should search the area more thoroughly."

This message was last edited by the GM at 16:29, Wed 11 Aug 2021.

Dungeon Master
 GM, 837 posts
Wed 11 Aug 2021
at 16:48
Re: (IC) The Quest Begins!
The area seems safe. Peto looks around and the horses don't seem to really see anything. One of them leans forwards and is eating grass. Its quiet and calm. The bear yawns as it rests on Haile. But then something skitters across a branch! About 15' away againt something moves up a tree. Then silence besides the typical woodland nature.
Halie Delmenn
 Human Ranger, 62 posts
Wed 11 Aug 2021
at 20:55
Re: (IC) The Quest Begins!
There was a soft sigh as she looked up into the trees at the sound, eyes darting about, pausing in one area before shifting back down to the bear. The conversation from the others was tuned out as she tried to relax, enjoying the sounds of nature even though it seemed to awaken that more primal part of her.
Dove Laneri
 Aasimar Sorcerer, 59 posts
Thu 12 Aug 2021
at 15:22
Re: (IC) The Quest Begins!
"Hmmm well how about the time I met Stripes? He was always adorable. Where I grew up animals are a lot more trusting of people then normal. So Stripes and his family didn't act on edge, and thankfully no one ever got a face full of musk. But he was always the dangerously curious one of his group. Wandered off a lot from his mom, and I liked to feed him tidbits while petting him. Apparently it got me adopted as my magic bonded with him without me noticing because one day he just trotted into my leg. I maaay have cried until my mom's friend helped me figure out what happened. Almost as bad as when I tried to pet a skunk outside of my home. Not fun, but I've since learned a skunk attack is a great way to end a fight."

Dove chuckled at her own past, so so many mistakes. And who knew Skunks where so dangerous out in the wilds? Her fingers trailed lovingly through the skunks fur before she jolted slightly looking around with a slightly confused look.

"Did... the ground just move?!"

Dove seemed to hesitate before looking to the side with a shudder, oddly focused on the ground for a moment.

"Okay. Might be imagining things. I think somethings underground though. I'm definitely not gonna sleep on the ground tonight though. Brrrr. I wish I could sense Tremors."
Dungeon Master
 GM, 839 posts
Thu 12 Aug 2021
at 15:55
Re: (IC) The Quest Begins!
https://pathfinderwiki.com/med...pg/250px-Ankhrav.jpg

Right behind Dove after she speaks, the ground bursts open revealing this carapace creature! It hisses goes to bite down upon Dove's chest!

Within seconds, another creature bursts from the ground behind Muffins and Jema and proceeds to sink its mandables into flesh!

Boom! Clacking of claws and fangs, it bursts out of the ground behind Dream!

Three nasty creatures!

11:50, Today: Dungeon Master rolled 10 using 1d20+5.  Attack-Dream.

11:49, Today: Dungeon Master rolled 2 using 1d4.  Damage-Dove-Acid.

11:48, Today: Dungeon Master rolled 8 using 2d6+4.  Damage-Dove.

11:48, Today: Dungeon Master rolled 9 using 1d20+5.  Attack-Jem.

11:47, Today: Dungeon Master rolled 18 using 1d20+5.  Attack-Dove.


OOC
Dove: 10 Damage
Initiative

All of them are 10x10.!

Dove Laneri
 Aasimar Sorcerer, 60 posts
Thu 12 Aug 2021
at 16:52
Re: (IC) The Quest Begins!
Dove let out a cry of Agony as Stripes lets out a cry of fury as she's attacked without warning.

09:50, Today: Dove Laneri rolled 12 using 1d20+3.  Initiative.
Dreamljocht
 Elf Cleric, 81 posts
 HP 41/41; Init +4; AC 17
 Fort 5; Will 4; Reflex 7
Thu 12 Aug 2021
at 20:59
Re: (IC) The Quest Begins!
When the monster attacks Dreamljocht, he draws his scimitar lightning fast, but in the chaos, he misses the monster opposing him.

Dreamljocht rolled 22 using 1d20+4. Initiative.
Dreamljocht rolled 10 using 1d20+8. Attack with scimitar +1.

This message was last edited by the player at 06:57, Fri 13 Aug 2021.