(IC) The Quest Begins!   Posted by Dungeon Master.Group: 0
Dungeon Master
 GM, 938 posts
Mon 6 Dec 2021
at 20:41
Re: (IC) The Quest Begins!
"Torch it." Sam stands up and glances at Haile. Realizing she is okay, the rogue starts to walk over to the gunslinger. His eyes narrow as he watches the dwarf but instead of having a argument or starting anything-he simply goes over to the dead bodies of the cavalier and sorcerers and removes anything of value. He's a thief but doesn't try to hide it. Its really hard to tell what is going on in his mind. First he checks Dove's body then the Jems most of the gear is either scattered and visible or gone-perhaps in the troll's lair. Most of Jem's gear is messed up and is of no use or not found and the body of his dog lies back on the road. There's a few blankets but they are torn about, and any other gear is either messed up or some is missing. Least there is enough food and water as well as blankets for the time being. Perhaps with more time other items or gear could be found but there may be other creatures loming around. Of course Jem's body was torn in half....

Dove's Gear:
-Masterwork L Crossbow
-Crossbow Bolts  (18 Left)
-Dagger
-Light Mace
-Spell Component's Pouch
-Wand of Create Water
-Runestone of Power (L1) 1   2,000   Necklace   a coil of metal looped through a simple iron chain. The rune means 'Hope'.
-Book of Desna

Jem's Gear:
-Compass
-Wand of Cure Light (50)
-Chain Shirt +1
-Dandy Brush

Dreamljocht
 Elf Cleric, 114 posts
 HP 41/41; Init +4; AC 17
 Fort 5; Will 4; Reflex 7
Mon 6 Dec 2021
at 21:17
Re: (IC) The Quest Begins!
When they torch the troll, Dreamljocht gives a hand, wrinkling his nose for the stench the corpse produces. As soon as the body is gone, he gathers everyone who is wounded, especially Sam, as he seems the most heavy wounded.
"I could not use my channeling of positive energy earlier, as the troll would have benefitted too, but now I can heal."

His hand on his holy symbol and a prayer to his goddess results in a wave of positive and healing energy, that everyone feels rolling over.
If someone needs more healing, he prays for a second wave.

"That feels better, I presume, Sam," he asks the elusive man.
When Sam comes up with the wand of cure light wound, he asks: "Would you mind when I take this one? It augments my possibilities a lot."

Dreamljocht rolled 13 using 3d6. Wave of healing energy.
Dreamljocht rolled 11 using 3d6. Wave of healing energy.

This message was last edited by the player at 21:21, Mon 06 Dec 2021.

Dungeon Master
 GM, 939 posts
Mon 13 Dec 2021
at 04:42
Re: (IC) The Quest Begins!
Nodding his head, Sam gives the wand to the cleric. He looks at all the amount of gear found and gives out what he feels is best. He winces in pain, gritting his teeth just as he and well everyone is hit with two waves of healing energy. The rogue nods his head afterwards "Thanks." He glances at the dwarf, watching him for a moment realizing its probably best for him to not ask any questions.

Dove's Gear:
-Masterwork L Crossbow (+1 Bonus to Hit)
*Given to Filivum
-Crossbow Bolts  (18 Left)
*Given to Filivum
-Spell Component's Pouch-Just a spare empty pouch
*Given to Filivum
-Wand of Create Water (50 Charges)
*Given to Filivum
-Runestone of Power (L1) 1   2,000   Necklace   a coil of metal looped through a simple iron chain. The rune means 'Hope'.
*Given to Dreamljock or Filivun?
https://www.d20pfsrd.com/magic.../runestone-of-power/

Jem's Gear:
-Compass
*Given to Halie
-Wand of Cure Light (50)
*Given to Dreamljock
-Chain Shirt +1
*Given to Dreamljock (Well better then a +3. With it +5! -1 Armor Penalty)
-Dandy Brush
*Given to Halie for her horse

Left:
-Dagger
-Light Mace
-Book of Desna
*Doesn't do anything, basic lore of Desna written in Celestial

Filivum Springwing
 Halfling Sorcerer, 28 posts
 HP: 40/40, Ini: +3, AC:14
 Fort +3, Ref +4, Will +6
Mon 13 Dec 2021
at 07:40
Re: (IC) The Quest Begins!
Filivum would be happy to have the Book of Desna, and would gladly make use of the Runestone.

This message was last edited by the player at 07:42, Mon 13 Dec 2021.

Gnemmiert
 Dwarf Gunslinger, 11 posts
 HP 65/65; Init +6; AC 19
 Fort 7; Reflex 8; Will 5
Mon 13 Dec 2021
at 19:54
Re: (IC) The Quest Begins!
Gnem kept his musket trained on the troll until he was sure the flames had taken and it wan't getting back up.

As he lowered his weapon, he took note of the survivors and how they interacted with the dead. "Companions of yours I suppose. Nasty way to go regardless...

"I was on the high road there and I came across the wagon then what remained of the dog. Would those be your lots or these unfortunate souls'?"
Resting the butt of the gun in the snow the dwarf leaned on it and began to absently scratch at his beard. "Name's Gnemmiert, but most just call me Gnem. Suppose I owe you all that at least."
Dreamljocht
 Elf Cleric, 116 posts
 HP 41/41; Init +4; AC 19
 Fort 5; Will 4; Reflex 7
Tue 21 Dec 2021
at 22:59
Re: (IC) The Quest Begins!
Dreamljocht first makes sure that everyone is completely healed, before turning to the dwarf. "Dreamljocht is my name, and I'm glad your gun made the difference fighting the troll."
Turning to the dead, he takes his holy symbol in hand and prays for their souls to rest, before he engages with his companions and Gnem again. Nodding to the remains he adds: "Those were travelers we shared a camp and a fight with some nights ago."
Dungeon Master
 GM, 942 posts
Tue 21 Dec 2021
at 23:25
Re: (IC) The Quest Begins!
"Ones that attempted to attack me." Well Sam had to add that in-in his eyes they were the enemy but to others allies. After giving out anything of value, Sam sighs and goes back to the wagon. He comes back with a shovel and goes to start digging despite wanting to leave the bodies to rot-something Dream may get on his case about later "Sam." He glances at Halie holding the cub in a sling and occasionally looks back at her and the gunslinger "That's Haile."
Gnemmiert
 Dwarf Gunslinger, 13 posts
 HP 65/65; Init +6; AC 19
 Fort 7; Reflex 8; Will 5
Sun 26 Dec 2021
at 16:59
Re: (IC) The Quest Begins!
Dungeon Master:
"Ones that attempted to attack me."

Gnem raised his eyebrow at the Tiefling, "You obviously have a complicated history here. I won't pretend to understand what's happened, but we're obviously together now. Would you mind my company once we get back to the road?"
Filivum Springwing
 Halfling Sorcerer, 30 posts
 HP: 40/40, Ini: +3, AC:14
 Fort +3, Ref +4, Will +6
Sun 26 Dec 2021
at 18:58
Re: (IC) The Quest Begins!
Filivum looks up at the conversation, and hugs Gnem "Oh yes, yes yes! we could use someone else who can cause great damage! And dwarves are great companions!"
Halie Delmenn
 Human Ranger, 78 posts
Sat 1 Jan 2022
at 07:26
Re: (IC) The Quest Begins!
"Yeah...I'm Halie...we appreciate your help," she said softly with a half smile as she reached down and pet the bear cub's head.
Dreamljocht
 Elf Cleric, 118 posts
 HP 41/41; Init +4; AC 19
 Fort 5; Will 4; Reflex 7
Sat 1 Jan 2022
at 23:20
Re: (IC) The Quest Begins!
Dreamljocht reacts on Gnem's question: "Yes they didn't trust Sam as we do. We have him as a trustworthy companion from the beginning of our journey. It's a pity: should they have had their trust in Sam too, they would have been alive now."
He helps Sam with the bodies, making sure the bodies find their rest.

When ready, he turns to Genm again: "Where wer you heading?"

This message was last edited by the player at 09:03, Mon 03 Jan.

Gnemmiert
 Dwarf Gunslinger, 15 posts
 HP 65/65; Init +6; AC 19
 Fort 7; Reflex 8; Will 5
Wed 5 Jan 2022
at 14:31
Re: (IC) The Quest Begins!
Gnemmiert eyed Sam trying to get a feel for the human... no something more.

Dreamljocht:
"Where wer you heading?"

Gnem snapped out of his thoughts at the question. "I appear to have been going in the same direction as your wagon. Well, I assume it's your wagon. As for a destination, I have no plans. I'm just making my way back home. More of just waiting until something catches my attention.

"I'll ride with you, for a while anyway, if you'll have me."

Filivum Springwing
 Halfling Sorcerer, 31 posts
 HP: 40/40, Ini: +3, AC:14
 Fort +3, Ref +4, Will +6
Sat 8 Jan 2022
at 10:53
Re: (IC) The Quest Begins!
Filivum walks up to the dwarf, and shakes his hand "You're more than welcome! We're going on a grand adventure, sent to it by the king himself!"

This message was last edited by the GM at 18:22, Sun 09 Jan.

Gnemmiert
 Dwarf Gunslinger, 16 posts
 HP 65/65; Init +6; AC 19
 Fort 7; Reflex 8; Will 5
Mon 10 Jan 2022
at 12:21
Re: (IC) The Quest Begins!
Visibly perking up at the mention of adventure, the dwarf nodded to the halfling. "Thank you. Yes. Adventure sounds better than the closed halls of Granitehome! Let me give you all a hand." Gnem stows his musket and helps his new companions in any obvious way he can with the troll and the fallen.
Dungeon Master
 GM, 948 posts
Thu 13 Jan 2022
at 06:16
Re: (IC) The Quest Begins!
As they arrive at the cart, Sam pauses. He watches the dwarf, almost staring at him as well as the halfling. Nodding his head to the cleric, he tilts his head towards Haile and sticks close to her. He offers to take the cub.

When the group arrives at the cart, they see someone kneeling down to the dead dog. Its horse is tried up near their wagon and horses. Sam slips off into the woods.

OOC
Into the frey walks to the fighter.

Sam Stealth: 20 (Seriously I rolled a /1/!)

This message was last edited by the GM at 20:24, Mon 17 Jan.

Dreamljocht
 Elf Cleric, 120 posts
 HP 41/41; Init +4; AC 19
 Fort 5; Will 4; Reflex 7
Thu 13 Jan 2022
at 09:25
Re: (IC) The Quest Begins!
As Dreamljocht sees a stranger near the dead dog and the cart, he whispers to his companions: "This road is more traveled than it looked like." With one hand at his holy symbol and one hand on the hilt of his scimitar, he strides forward and calls: "Hail stranger".
Tyrael Mournstrider
 Half-Elf Fighter, 1 post
Fri 14 Jan 2022
at 04:43
Re: (IC) The Quest Begins!
The stranger had been examining the remains of the dog, prodding it with a stick.  Slowly rising to her feet, she looks over at the Elf who had called out.  Her gaze darts from the Elf face, to his holy symbol, and lingers on the hand on the scimitar hilt.

"Bit of a mess here, friend." she says wryly, a hint of a half smile on her lips.  "Too messy for a decent meal, so I'm guessing something attacked.  You guys all okay?"
Halie Delmenn
 Human Ranger, 79 posts
Sun 16 Jan 2022
at 08:17
Re: (IC) The Quest Begins!
Seeing yet another stranger made Halie frown. What was going on? There seemed to be so many strangers that they have encountered in the time that they had left and it just seemed...off. She glanced to Sam, conveying that worry with just a look as she handed him the cubling.
Gnemmiert
 Dwarf Gunslinger, 18 posts
 HP 65/65; Init +6; AC 19
 Fort 7; Reflex 8; Will 5
Mon 17 Jan 2022
at 01:28
Re: (IC) The Quest Begins!
New to the group himself, Gnem held his tongue and waited for the others to speak to the newcomers.
Tyrael Mournstrider
 Half-Elf Fighter, 2 posts
Mon 17 Jan 2022
at 03:54
Re: (IC) The Quest Begins!
Tyrael looked around the at the looks she was receiving, and her smile disappeared.  "...suspicious stares and not even an attempt at a friendly reply..."  she muttered softly.  A sigh followed and then she raised her voice.  "It's okay.  I get it.  You're all wondering who this mysterious person is who just happened to appear out of no where asking about your health.  Hells abound, I'd be suspicious as well."

Still talking, she reaches into a pouch hanging from her belt.  "My name's Tyrael.  I'm looking for a group that departed a town up the road a some days ago.  I was supposed to go with them but, well..."  Tyrael produced a small token, which she held out to the others.  "...when the Queen said that the token would provide for the night, I over-indulged a little too much.  Hoping that this little trinket looks familiar."  The last question seemed to be directed at Halie, and Dream.

"Now this little group left in a wagon that looks an awful lot like that one there.  So I thought to take the chance and wait for them here.  If you are the group searching for Wintermist, then I'd like to join your band."

OOC:
Perception to see Sam: 25

This message was last edited by the player at 07:06, Mon 17 Jan.

Dreamljocht
 Elf Cleric, 121 posts
 HP 41/41; Init +4; AC 19
 Fort 5; Will 4; Reflex 7
Mon 17 Jan 2022
at 11:59
Re: (IC) The Quest Begins!
Dreamljocht relaxes on the information about the Queen's token. He realises that he had not reacted properly friendly, probably because of their run-in with the troll, not so long ago.
He drops his hand that rested on his scimitar and opens his hand on his symbol, a smile on his face: "Welcome, we are the group you're looking for. We just had an tense fight with the troll that killed that dog, and his master and another traveler in the woods at our back. That's why I was somewhat reserved in my welcome. My name is Dreamljocht, cleric of our companionship."
Dreamljocht steps forward, offering his open hand in a greeting.

This message was last edited by the player at 21:28, Mon 17 Jan.

Filivum Springwing
 Halfling Sorcerer, 33 posts
 HP: 40/40, Ini: +3, AC:14
 Fort +3, Ref +4, Will +6
Mon 17 Jan 2022
at 19:53
Re: (IC) The Quest Begins!
Filivum approaches the half-elf "So, like me, you got sent on this adventure after they had left?" He didn't seem to notice, or care, that she said she went drinking "Well, we're usually a friendly bunch, but like my friend here mentioned" and he points at Dream "We'd run into a bit of a problem, but we took care of it. Don't you guys think we need to get something to eat?"
Dungeon Master
 GM, 951 posts
Tue 18 Jan 2022
at 23:58
Re: (IC) The Quest Begins!
The rogue tried to be stealthy and goes across the road. After a few moments listening to the others, he goes to place the cub into the back of the covered wagon. Sam watches the half-elf, eyes narrowed. He doesn't look armed other then a bow but looks can be misleading. The man doesn't try to talk, just watches the fighter intently. He glances at Halie and Dream as well as the sorceror then back to Ty. After all the group went through, specially with the two who died and the fact one of them threatened to burn him-he doesn't trust anyone other then a select few. Friendly bunch? Sam not included, course he's had a bad few days. The man motions for Haile to come over, keeping up his disguise.
Halie Delmenn
 Human Ranger, 80 posts
Wed 19 Jan 2022
at 05:56
Re: (IC) The Quest Begins!
Seeing the motion, Halie quirked a brow, giving Sam a curious look before approaching. "Everything alright?" she softly asked, glancing back to the others.
Sam Cascious
 Tiefling Rogue, 30 posts
 HP 32/40, Init +3; AC 18
 Fort 1; Will 3; Reflex 9
Thu 20 Jan 2022
at 02:14
Re: (IC) The Quest Begins!
"No." Its hard to tell what happened. Perhaps finding the dead 'allies' did it. Maybe he's tired. But its hard to tell. Sam doesn't really talk, after all that occured but he has a mission but some things seem to just happen. He leans down, making sure the cub is alrighty and its snuggled up out of sight. He glances at the ranger, then back at the newcomer but he climbs up onto the wagon after a few moments but takes the cub up with him, resting it on his seat.