(IC) The Quest Begins!   Posted by Dungeon Master.Group: 0
Tyrael Mournstrider
 Half-Elf Fighter, 3 posts
Thu 20 Jan 2022
at 05:37
Re: (IC) The Quest Begins!
Tyrael laughs as she steps forward and enthusiastically shakes Dreams offered hand.  There was a visible sense of relief on her face as she did so.  "Nice to meet you, Dreamljocht.  I know how emotions can be after a fight, especially one where you've lost people.  Sorry to hear about your companions."

She turned to Filivum.  "Actually I was supposed to join up right when the wagon left...like I said, the liquor was flowing too easily and I had been on the road for sometime." Tyrael let the sentence trail off with a shrug of her shoulders.  "Did you also get a little lost in your cups?"
Dreamljocht
 Elf Cleric, 122 posts
 HP 41/41; Init +4; AC 19
 Fort 5; Will 4; Reflex 7
Tue 25 Jan 2022
at 00:17
Re: (IC) The Quest Begins!
Dreamljocht shakes Tyrael's hand and grins when he hears about the delay he got because of his liquor intake: "I hope you don't drink before a fight on our trip, because you would be too late for all the fun," he jokes.

"Will we travel some distance more before we camp? I don't want to find out that this troll had a mate, and we're on our way to our goal and we had a lot of delays already."
Tyrael Mournstrider
 Half-Elf Fighter, 4 posts
Tue 25 Jan 2022
at 06:18
Re: (IC) The Quest Begins!
"Not a drop on the job." Tyrael replies jovially.  "We might want to move on for a bit, at least further down the road from where you guys fought the troll. Might as well put in some distance before stopping."

Looking over at the wagon, she noticed Sam and Halie.  "Looks like some folks are ready to move on.  Shall we?"
Filivum Springwing
 Halfling Sorcerer, 34 posts
 HP: 40/40, Ini: +3, AC:14
 Fort +3, Ref +4, Will +6
Tue 25 Jan 2022
at 10:48
Re: (IC) The Quest Begins!
Filivum mounts his pony, and travels close to his dwarf buddy, regaling him with stories of his grand adventures. Some are clearly exaggerated, others it's sometimes hard to tell.
Gnemmiert
 Dwarf Gunslinger, 19 posts
 HP 65/65; Init +6; AC 19
 Fort 7; Reflex 8; Will 5
Tue 25 Jan 2022
at 13:06
Re: (IC) The Quest Begins!
Gnem looks a the newer newcomer once more and shrugs to himself. In silence he returned with the others to the road and goes to his pony. Muttering to himself, and the pony, "Now don't give me that. There was a troll. Yes, only one but... I tell you, next glue merchant we see, I'll take his offer." the dwarf rubbed down the animal's sides before mounting.
Halie Delmenn
 Human Ranger, 81 posts
Wed 26 Jan 2022
at 02:12
Re: (IC) The Quest Begins!
"You know that you have me and Dream there to protect you should anyone try anything..." she said softly, not fully understanding what was going on with him. Those hazel eyes turned to him, studying him with a questioning look.
Dungeon Master
 GM, 953 posts
Wed 26 Jan 2022
at 02:45
Re: (IC) The Quest Begins!
The strange look of the tiefling seems to almost pass through her. He watches the ranger from uptop the cart, cub at his side curled up. He starts to move the cart forwards, and nods his head to Haile. Its hard to tell what he is feeling but maybe thats the way he is-hard to read. And harder to figure out even now after all that happened so far.

A few hours pass and Sam passes the cub to the ranger. He's even more silent now, and watches the area as well as the fighter and gunsmith. Perhaps reading them, eyeing them up. He listens to everyone talking.

Soon they get to a small opening near another river. The rogue finds a spot for the cart to be not on the road. Its starts to get a bit cold out but nothing horrible. Winter is coming but not yet. Not yet. He drops down to the ground, giving the horses a much needed rest and pulls out some food for them.

Night has begun to fall....

This message was last edited by the GM at 02:48, Wed 26 Jan.

Tyrael Mournstrider
 Half-Elf Fighter, 5 posts
Thu 27 Jan 2022
at 05:58
Re: (IC) The Quest Begins!
Tyrael had been mostly silent for ride.  She would chat and converse when the opportunities arose but it was clear that most of the group either paid her no special attention.  The man driving the wagon was the exception.  What was his name?  It wasn't as if he had introduced himself to her, but for some reason he seemed to be giving her looks filled with suspicion and mistrust.  Well, that was to be expected.  They didn't know her and presumably they had time on the road to get to know each other.

"Ah, the life of a wandering adventurer." she said with an ironic chuckle.

When it looked like the group had found a spot to make camp, Tyrael slid down from her horse and made sure that it was settled in for the night.  "So." She said to the rest of the group.  "Who does what when we camp?  I can take care of the horses or gather up some fire wood, if that will help out.  Of course, I wouldn't mind a little look around, just to make sure that we're alone here.."
Gnemmiert
 Dwarf Gunslinger, 20 posts
 HP 65/65; Init +6; AC 19
 Fort 7; Reflex 8; Will 5
Thu 27 Jan 2022
at 13:02
Re: (IC) The Quest Begins!
Gnem slid off his pony when the party stopped to camp for the night. The dwarf made a point to rub his mount down before tending to his own needs.
Tyrael:
"Who does what when we camp?  I can take care of the horses or gather up some fire wood, if that will help out.  Of course, I wouldn't mind a little look around, just to make sure that we're alone here.."

The dwarf started to pull out his bedroll and paused, "Right. I've been on the road by myself for long enough that I didn't even think of splitting things up! I'm assuming we'd want someone on watch as well." Gnem strokes and pats the pony's shoulder, "Bella here is usually enough for me, but I'm sure she'd appreciate the rest as well."
Filivum Springwing
 Halfling Sorcerer, 35 posts
 HP: 40/40, Ini: +3, AC:14
 Fort +3, Ref +4, Will +6
Thu 27 Jan 2022
at 20:01
Re: (IC) The Quest Begins!
Filivum is still cheerful when they stop, and will engage anyone he can, telling him some stories of his 'past adventures'. He brushes his donkey, and lets him graze, when he gets that done "I can help setting up a fire, but I need to get enough sleep to replenish my spells." And then he walks around the perimeter, looking at the trees, to see whether there's one that he can climb, and sleep on.
Dreamljocht
 Elf Cleric, 123 posts
 HP 41/41; Init +4; AC 19
 Fort 5; Will 4; Reflex 7
Mon 31 Jan 2022
at 23:13
Re: (IC) The Quest Begins!
When the companions make their camp, Dreamljocht searches the immediate surroundings of the campsite for anything disturbing, joins the other for a meal, but not before he had said his thanks to the goddess for their escape from the troll.
During his meal he talks with the newcomers to learn more about their special skills. He is especially interested in the ins and outs of using firearms as it is the first time he saw them used: "Gnem, can you tell me more about your weapon? How often can you use it in a fight and how long does it take for another shot can be fired?"

He makes sure to spend some time and words with Sam as well, as he feels the need to reassure the man and to encourage him to take part in the discussion.

This message was last edited by the player at 22:47, Wed 09 Feb.

Tyrael Mournstrider
 Half-Elf Fighter, 6 posts
Thu 3 Feb 2022
at 04:33
Re: (IC) The Quest Begins!
Tyrael shrugged out of her armor as she sat back down by the fire.  She took a rag out and started to wipe the road dust from the protective gear.  She glanced over at the Dwarf as she worked, curious to hear what the answer would be.
Halie Delmenn
 Human Ranger, 82 posts
Sun 6 Feb 2022
at 06:50
Re: (IC) The Quest Begins!
Halie took the cub from Sam and moved to take care of Peto as well, finding Sam incredibly hard to read…and while intriguing…it was also very frustrating. She hadn’t intended on trying to play this game…he gave her mixed signals. Yes, he clearly trusted her but there was a lack of communication of any kind and she was usually left trying to figure out what in the nine hells he meant…or felt. It required a lot of exhausting mental work. As she brushed down Peto, he gave a soft whiny, clearly displeased about the cubling. “Oh stop…she is just a baby. There is no need to be jealous.” With a smile, she gently pet his nose when she was done. When that was done, she joined the others for a meal before moving off for some sleep, intent to snuggle the cub.
Sam Cascious
 Tiefling Rogue, 31 posts
 HP 32/40, Init +3; AC 18
 Fort 1; Will 3; Reflex 9
Wed 9 Feb 2022
at 22:12
Re: (IC) The Quest Begins!
Oddly, Sam steps in front of her. He watches the ranger, and kisses her forehead. Definatly a odd man but he's been through a lot as of late-being threaten, almost scorched and by two of his fellow adventerurs. And now he finds them dead. Its a lot to handle and how he is handling it remains unknown. But he has shown some kindness-a small amount just now. The rogue sits down in front of the fire, warming his hands. And without anyone seeing it, a dagger appears within his hand and he tosses it into the air and catches it several times. He glances at the dwarf, perhaps curious about the weapon as well.

This message was last edited by the player at 22:12, Wed 09 Feb.

Dungeon Master
 GM, 959 posts
Sun 13 Feb 2022
at 21:27
Re: (IC) The Quest Begins!
The gunsmith eats his meal and talks to the cleric about how a gun works and it gets somewhat complicated. Sam shakes his head, leaning against a tree as he eats some jerky. Gmen decides to leave, grabbing his pony and thanking the group before departing into the night.

Sam glances at Haile then back to the fighter. His eyes narrow, and he glances at the cleric. Not a word comes from him but at least he's sitting by the fire. Talking apparently gets himself into trouble-even if he is right and can be blunt. He constantly looks around and stands up, stretching before looking again at Ty as if sizing up the woman. Heck they just met and after all the groups been through. Seems like the cleric is the good cop and Sam the bad one.

It fits.
Tyrael Mournstrider
 Half-Elf Fighter, 7 posts
Thu 17 Feb 2022
at 05:13
Re: (IC) The Quest Begins!
The Dwarfs departure was unexpected, and his firearm would probably be missed in the coming days, but it seemed like he was determined to leave.  Best not to dwell on what was lost, Tyrael thought as she finished cleaning her armor.

"Well...it's getting late, and it looks like some have turned in already." Tyrael said, looking over at where Halie was sleeping.  "I'll take the first watch.  That is assuming that no one else wants to."

"Maybe we can get some fresh fish for breakfast.  That river looks lively enough."
Dreamljocht
 Elf Cleric, 124 posts
 HP 41/41; Init +4; AC 19
 Fort 5; Will 4; Reflex 7
Thu 17 Feb 2022
at 08:16
Re: (IC) The Quest Begins!
Dreamljocht wonders about the sudden departure from the dwarf too, but dismisses it as people seem to come and go every turn of their journey.
On Tyrael's question he answers: "I'll take the last watch as it is the best time to prepare myself for the next day by praying to my goddess to regain my spells,"
Tyrael Mournstrider
 Half-Elf Fighter, 8 posts
Sun 20 Feb 2022
at 04:42
Re: (IC) The Quest Begins!
Tyrael put her armor back on and belted her sword to her side.  "I guess I'll wake Sam for the second watch.  If that's taken care of, I'll go and collect a little more firewood.  Don't all turn in until I get back."

Minutes after she disappeared into the nearby woods, the sound of blade cutting wood could be heard.
Halie Delmenn
 Human Ranger, 83 posts
Sat 26 Feb 2022
at 21:31
Re: (IC) The Quest Begins!
The kiss to her forehead had caught her by surprise, inciting a blush to her cheeks. With a smile towards the tiefling, Halie had prepared her bedroll and began to settle down with the cubling tucked against her. The thought of watches wasn't the first thing on her mind honestly which was why she never offered as she began to drift.
Dungeon Master
 GM, 963 posts
Sun 27 Feb 2022
at 01:25
Re: (IC) The Quest Begins!
For the first time in quite awhile, nothing creeps out. Nothing seems odd as light begins to unfold. Sam seems to have spent his time resting by the ranger. His eyes are closed but that doesn't mean he's not alert. Everyone seems refreshed and the rogue checks his gear and the wagon and finds nothing out of place. Fili is silent which is odd but so is Sam. Course the rogue is mostly silent as of late. The fire was lit most of the night and perhaps fended off anything that the group didn't want to deal with. He goes to climb up, glancing at Haile and he actually does a quick smile but soon it goes down to nothing. Once everyone is back on their horses or within the confines of the wagon, they take off to the north.
Tyrael Mournstrider
 Half-Elf Fighter, 11 posts
Wed 2 Mar 2022
at 03:48
Re: (IC) The Quest Begins!
Tyrael, clad in her armor, sat atop her own mount, and rode at the rear of the group.  She could keep an eye on everything and everyone from this vantage point.  Her spirits were high this morning for no reason in particular.  Well, her morning bath in the cold waters of the river might have made a contribution.

"Sooooo....does anyone have some idea of where we are heading?  Surely a missing city can't just be waiting for us up the road."
Dreamljocht
 Elf Cleric, 125 posts
 HP 41/41; Init +4; AC 19
 Fort 5; Will 4; Reflex 7
Sat 5 Mar 2022
at 08:52
Re: (IC) The Quest Begins!
As Dreamljocht had the last watch, he prayed for his spells and fueled the fire to make breakfast for the companions.
After he donned his armor he joins the group on the road. Early in the morning he is rather quiet,but on Tyrael's question he answers: "Wintermist is not missing, no doubt it is in the same spot is t has always been, but there is no news from the city for a loner time. No one from Wintermist reached court, and not one messenger sent to Wintermist returned to court."
Halie Delmenn
 Human Ranger, 84 posts
Mon 7 Mar 2022
at 01:48
Re: (IC) The Quest Begins!
"It shouldn't be too hard to find...I believe I vaguely know where we are going. I don't really travel up this far very often..." she said as she gathered her gear and prepared her horse Peto.
Tyrael Mournstrider
 Half-Elf Fighter, 12 posts
Tue 8 Mar 2022
at 03:38
Re: (IC) The Quest Begins!
"That's good to know.  I'd hate to think that we were just wandering around the woods here trying to find the city."  Tyrael said.  "I....don't suppose that you have any idea...or...inkling about what we might find in these woods?  You guys mentioned a fight with a troll but that should not be the expected opposition, right?"
Dungeon Master
 GM, 969 posts
Thu 10 Mar 2022
at 00:26
Re: (IC) The Quest Begins!
As the group keeps moving northwards, its get a bit chilly. Snow begins to fall. Sam tosses a blanket to the ranger. And the sorcerer decided to go his own way. He bids the group farewell and heads into the forest. Soon he is gone. Another one left. But the group keeps pressing on. But they can make out what looks like a old church. It has a cementary nearbye as well as a old building-smaller then a church. Perhaps a tomb.

https://thumbs.dreamstime.com/...-winter-22295569.jpg