Chapter 1- How do you run?   Posted by DTemplar, the Ref.Group: 0
DTemplar, the Ref
 GM, 10 posts
Tue 26 Jan 2016
at 14:13
Chapter 1- How do you run?
It’s 2:15AM when the comm rings. The night had been slow, and you’d fallen asleep watching trid. The ring startled you awake, and you launched soychips everywhere when you sat up to look for the phone. Answering it, you spotted a familiar face, with a familiar smile on it. One you knew meant a job.

Your Fixer comes up on the screen. He says “I got a job for you, It’s going down today and it pays 50,000 for the group. Meet me at the corner of 3rd and West, in the “family van.” You have an hour, don’t be late!”
Crow
 player, 9 posts
 Pixie
Wed 27 Jan 2016
at 02:32
Chapter 1- How do you run?
It gleamed in the dim LEDlight, scratched silver coating revealing matte plastic underneath. Crow licked his lips as he gingerly removed the credstick from the sleeping hotel clerk's back pocket, then cursed silently, realising he was out of novelty "credstick" smoke grenades to replace it with. The gum he was chewing would make do.

There you go. Lucky git.

Stepping outside to check his messages, Crow doesn't bother replying; refusal isn't an option when everything else is pulling in chump change, and Nazaire knew it.
Tink
 player, 11 posts
Wed 27 Jan 2016
at 02:58
Chapter 1- How do you run?
The message flashes onto Tink's commlink. In a second, he has blinked it away and grabbed his RCC from the table. His apartment isn't the greatest, but provides ample room for his goodies. He quickly loads his gear into his Roadmaster, and sets off towards the meeting point.
Armadeira
 player, 7 posts
Wed 27 Jan 2016
at 03:19
Chapter 1- How do you run?
Armadeira stretches as she looks at the message, "family van huh?" she thinks as she punches the auto-dial for Tink's number, "Oi chummer, I can only guess that the message meant your RoadMaster, since the rest of us own bikes.  When you going to be able to pick me up." she asks as she sets the phone on speaker and begins sliding into her armor.
Tink
 player, 12 posts
Wed 27 Jan 2016
at 04:47
Chapter 1- How do you run?
Tink has just settled into the driver seat in his Roadmaster, when he gets Armaderia's call.

"I'll be there real quick like. Make sure you're good to go."

He then starts his precious vehicle, and drives towards Armaderia's place.
Geist
 player, 7 posts
Wed 27 Jan 2016
at 08:32
Chapter 1- How do you run?
Pride demanded that Geist not appear too eager. Sure, he was down to the last of his savings and the bills were going to start coming in soon, but he didn't want to look desperate. That was the surest way to get screwed. When you're over a barrel you don't exactly have a lot of bargaining power. So he simply nods and lets the call hang up.

Then it's a bit of a scramble for pants. You must have pants if you're going to go and do crime.

He dresses, slips into his armour, and then starts packing a bag. One never knows what one will expect so the gym bag gets stuffed full of some goodies and strapped securely to his beloved Mirage and then away he goes.
Rook
 player, 6 posts
Wed 27 Jan 2016
at 22:34
Chapter 1- How do you run?
Rook was already awake.
CNN459 was playing the 'Crankshafts v Tornadoes' Combat Biker match, Live.

He sighed, when the Txt came through, that something more important had come up.  The game was turning out well, but business called.


His gear was ready, in the closet in the bedroom.   After every job, Rook make sure to clean and prepare his gear; ready for the next gig.

He called a cab, as he grabbed his stuff, and headed for the door.


45 minutes later, he was standing behind the 'family van', knocking politely; his breifcase in his other hand.
 he had the taxi drop him off about a block from the location given.

This message was last edited by the player at 01:10, Thu 28 Jan 2016.

DTemplar, the Ref
 GM, 12 posts
Wed 27 Jan 2016
at 23:38
Chapter 1- How do you run?
As you all make your way to the meeting place you notice something is off. As you pass 6th street, the streets grow darker, there are fewer and fewer noises besides your ride. People stopped showing up on the streets a couple streets back it was quite, even for this part of town.
You drive up, the unlit sign of Al's Stuffer Shack being your only landmark. You initially don't see the family van as it is not anywhere near the intersection. You do hear the sound of a couple motorcycles closing in.
Armadeira
 player, 8 posts
Thu 28 Jan 2016
at 00:10
Chapter 1- How do you run?
Always on the careful side Armadeira begins protecting her wireless devices from hacking before exiting the RoadMaster, "Turn off the door light before I exit if you could Tink, I don't trust this."  After Tink turns the door light off Armadeira slides carefully out of the vehicle and softly closes the door part way, so as not to give the distinctive sound.  She then crouches and removes her Ingram Smartgun from its compartment and readies it for action, including it in her hacking protection.  She then scans the area for any kind of threat before proceeding to the other vehicle.

OOC:  Perception with Low-light vision, Vision enhancement (Rating 2), Vision magnification, and Audio Enhancement (Rating 2)
Rook
 player, 8 posts
Thu 28 Jan 2016
at 01:26
Chapter 1- How do you run?
Rook had noted the strange stillness in the environment, even before getting out of the taxi a block away.

Now, with his breifcase in hand, he'd come into sight of the meet location.

Everything was dark and quiet.   TOO dark and quiet.
And the 'family van' wasn't there.

A Roadmaster was, however.
And there was the ominous sound of bikes imminent.

Rook found a dark, quiet nook to roost in for the moment; simply observing, and trying to remain hidden.

Tom his hidden perch, he used his Night Vision (Low Light and Thermal) and enhanced hearing, to scour the area for clues to what was going on, and to locate any threat.
And if need be, he'd activate his vision magnification to zoom in on anything worth looking at.

This message was last edited by the player at 06:04, Thu 28 Jan 2016.

DTemplar, the Ref
 GM, 13 posts
Thu 28 Jan 2016
at 01:45
Chapter 1- How do you run?
Hey one thing about posting dice rolls. I like the gear heads up but to keep the posts from becoming massively cluttered two things: keep the posts on the dice roll thread and only roll dice when asked to. This will keep the threads for the story less cluttered and will minimize confusions. Thanks guys
Tink
 player, 13 posts
Thu 28 Jan 2016
at 03:10
Chapter 1- How do you run?
Tink does as Armadeira asks, and exits the vehicle similarly. Only, instead of an Ingram Smartgun, he holds his Ingam Valient. The LMG is far bigger than any Dwarf should ever hold, but he's become used to it.
Crow
 player, 10 posts
 Pixie
Thu 28 Jan 2016
at 05:14
Chapter 1- How do you run?
Indifferent to the silence and creeping shadows, Crow doesn't exactly appreciate being the noisiest thing passing through. With a mental swipe, he turns his wireless off and loads the Mirage's stealth autosoft; lights dim, the engine cuts out as it switches to electric backup, and the visual display switches to ultrasound monochrome. Aside from the crunch of damaged asphalt and electric whirr, he was almost silent as he reluctantly reigned the throttle in at the meeting point.
DTemplar, the Ref
 GM, 14 posts
Thu 28 Jan 2016
at 06:30
Chapter 1- How do you run?
You begin closing in on the meeting spot and begin to notice you are not alone. There are a total of six people converging at the edge of the intersection. Many of them came on bike, all of them are armed. On the building opposite the Stuffer Shack, standing is a figure. They light something in their hand and, while holding their gun in hand, their body language does not seem to indicate them being worried about the other five. The form says "I expected at least six of you but you will have to do. So, let's get to it."
Tink
 player, 14 posts
Thu 28 Jan 2016
at 06:52
Chapter 1- How do you run?
Tink doesn't raise, nor lower his gun.

"I take it you're the Johnson?"

Tink quickly steals a glance towards Armadeira, to check on her position.
Rook
 player, 9 posts
Thu 28 Jan 2016
at 09:12
Chapter 1- How do you run?
This was not what Rook expected.
He'd dealt with his share of Johnsons and employers, but this was a strange way to be doing business.

If this was the employer tonight, all he was doing was sowing mistrust.
But Rook could live with that.   He'd keep his guard up, and walk into the Johnson's little game ... if that was what was required.


And so, quite boldly, he rose, and left the sharowy nook.
Rook strode towards the building, watching the surrounds for signs of ambush.



{ooc: I'm assuming Rook doesn't know this employer?
If he does, I'd expect he has identified the man first, using Vision Enhance and Low Light.
If not, then I'll call this brazenness an act of faith  ;-P}
Geist
 player, 8 posts
Thu 28 Jan 2016
at 10:22
Chapter 1- How do you run?
Evidently this was going to be one of those meetings. Why couldn't things just go smoothly and this be a nice chat over beers and fries?

Geist does little to draw attention to himself, keeps his hands down. So that he can reach to the twin pistols holstered at the small of his back. Just in case the ones up his sleeve were not going to cut it. But no weapons drawn yet. Let this all play out. The question has been asked by Tink, and so Geist waits for the answer.
Armadeira
 player, 10 posts
Thu 28 Jan 2016
at 18:31
Chapter 1- How do you run?
Quickly sliding her SMG back into its compartment and smoothing down her skirt Armadeira steps forward, "Sorry, this was a rather, unorthodox way to begin a meeting." she says offering her hand and smiling, "I am Armadeira and this is Tink," she says pointing behind her to the dwarf, 'The other two are Geist and Rook and I suppose Crow is around here somewhere.  So, are we going to hunker down in the middle of the street or do you have another place in mind to discuss business?" She finishes, obviously a bit unimpressed with the accommodations at the moment.
DTemplar, the Ref
 GM, 15 posts
Thu 28 Jan 2016
at 22:37
Chapter 1- How do you run?
"You all, know one another, strange for fresh runners. I say y'all are fresh since you didn't notice me in the family van at the end of the street. Get in and let's talk, time is wasting." A black van, a staple for Fixers and Johnson's alike drives up. The back doors open and the stranger walks in, beckoning you in as well. You all pile into the vehicle, which has plenty of room for the six of you.
So it goes a little something thing like this...
"Eduardo code note “Lucian” is another fixer who needs runners in a hurry and as you will soon be able to tell has deep pockets. We won’t be meeting him tonight but he recorded this for us.

"A Rich contributor has had an item stolen from them and is paying big bucks to get it back by 8 AM this morning. Here is a picture of the fancy vehicle that was stolen, a set of GPS coordinates where is was last transmitting and my number. Call me if anything comes up that might be important. We need the car at the drop off zone by 8 today, in perfect condition, get to it."

The present Johnson continues to say "You will each get 5,000 for bringing the car back in perfect condition and on time. There is a 2,000 bonus each if you bring in the thief. You have until 8 to get her back here, if you get her back early there is a respectable bonus in it for you. But if you bring her late or damaged, you only get half pay. Speaking of half, I'm willing to shell out 2,000 on the spot each so we can send you to it. Any questions?
Armadeira
 player, 11 posts
Thu 28 Jan 2016
at 22:56
Chapter 1- How do you run?
Armadeira arches her eyebrow at the offer "30,000 plus 12,000 bonus for kidnapping plus 12,000 up front?  That is 50k but just barely." she thinks as the man lays out his offer, "I'm thinking by the ridiculously short time line we have that this rush job is worth a bit more." she says, smiling at the man in front of her, "Especially considering the fact that if we say no you are going to have to shorten your timeline by at least two hours, finding another crew and setting up another meet." she explains, intending to suck as much out of this man as possible for insulting her crew right off the get-go.
Tink
 player, 15 posts
Fri 29 Jan 2016
at 02:07
Chapter 1- How do you run?
Tink ignores Armadeira's dealing, and chooses to ask about the targets instead.

"Any idea how many thieves there are? Armament? Whether dead or alive matters? I'd personally like to know whether or not this is gonna get violent."
Geist
 player, 9 posts
Fri 29 Jan 2016
at 04:27
Chapter 1- How do you run?
Geist nods Tink. The man's asking his kind of questions.

"I'm assuming it's going to be violent." His voice carries his Polish accent. It's pretty heavy but his English is on point. "How does your client feel about collateral damage, as it pertains to things not his property, and who's going to be chasing us when we steal back what they've taken?"
DTemplar, the Ref
 GM, 16 posts
Fri 29 Jan 2016
at 06:46
Chapter 1- How do you run?
To Armederia: "You think so? You think I got a guy, an Exec, shelling out a solid 50,000 and I don't have contingency plans? I hope you recall that I was expecting another guy. He just let me know that he was running late but got a whole other team ready to Clip and Geek. So you feeling lucky Wires? Roll Negotiation, yes your speciality applies.

To Tink: We know very little about the thief, I wish I could give the Roke treatment but all we actually know is where the car was found last. Like the man said, we have a GPS tracker that went offline but we still have the last position. Along the lines of the thief, it's up to you. Since a corp Exec is shelling out for this, I can get a clean up crew IF it gets messy, free of charge. Mr. Johnson wants the thief alive, but I'll share 1,000 each even if you bring just the head back with some proof it was them.

To Geist: Except for the prototype, we don't care.