Mission 1: Kalis, Xirek, Yesdona.   Posted by The unifying force.Group: 0
The unifying force
 GM, 39 posts
Wed 17 Feb 2016
at 11:26
Mission 1: Kalis, Xirek, Yesdona
The speeder bikes get you to your location pretty quick, especially once you get out of the forest and can speed up a little more. Though even here there is thick underbrush and you need to be careful, everything on this planet seems to be covered in green, except for the animals which tend to be brightly coloured.

Following the directions given, you find yourself at a clearing, with a number of small farms. Perhaps farms is not even the right word, they're small prefabricated houses with large gardens where most people are growing fruits and vegetables. But they're not industrious enough nor large enough to be considered true farms.

Even without checking your datapad, you have a pretty good suspicion of what house you need to be at. For house number 14 has a well maintained and undamaged B-wing parked in the yard. You rather doubt anyone here has the credits to buy a black market B-wing. Both the starfighter and the house itself are locked. Though giving it a close inspection you can see into the cockpit of the B-wing, and can tell it's been modified. The gunner's seat has been removed and instead replaced by an astromech setup. A very common modification, turning the starfighter from a 2 man ship into a 1 man ship.

The house is simplistic and neat, but very much locked, and the curtains are closed, not allowing you to see inside at all. The backdoor also proves to be locked.
Xirek Kreshu
 player, 14 posts
 Jedi Consular
 Arkanian Offshoot
Wed 17 Feb 2016
at 16:33
Mission 1: Kalis, Xirek, Yesdona
  The Arkanian slowly turned taking in the scene with more than just his eyes. He stared at the Twi'lek after coming out of his semi-trance like state, as if wanting to ask her a question but seemed to reconsider. He shifted his eyes back and forth between the two allies. "I don't suppose either of you can get through these locks. I can hack through the home's wall with a lightsaber, but that might raise too much attention."

PM
Yesdona Miralu
 player, 31 posts
 HP: 41 Reflex: 21 DT: 20
 Cha: 18
Wed 17 Feb 2016
at 19:36
Mission 1: Kalis, Xirek, Yesdona
Taking a look at the electronic lock on the house Yesdona pulls out her data pad and begins typing away in an attempt to unlock the house.



OCC:
12:34, Today: Yesdona Miralu rolled 25 using 1d20+11 with rolls of 14.  Use Computer: Pick lock.

The unifying force
 GM, 40 posts
Wed 17 Feb 2016
at 20:37
Mission 1: Kalis, Xirek, Yesdona
The lock is a pretty simple one and Yesdona manages to hack into it with some trouble, soon enough the door slides open, revealing a simple but pleasant living room. It has all the basic requirements, a couch, a lazy chair, a vid screen. Then a small desk in a corner which is clearly a working space. It has an open kitchen and a stairway leading up.

Standing right besides the door is an R3 series astromech droid. But it's not moving at all, not even it's lights are blinking. It looks almost like the droid simply ran out of power.
Kalis Bantha
 player, 24 posts
Thu 18 Feb 2016
at 03:05
Mission 1: Kalis, Xirek, Yesdona
Kalis was examining the B-wing fighter not a typical garden ornament by any standard and looking for the astromech when Xirek suggested breaking in. He was considering the ethics of that, and about to answer, when Yesdona did it instead. He was a little disappointed to miss out, but more impressed by the elegance with which she sliced the electronic lock.

'Maybe they're out?' he wondered, peering uncertainly inside. With trepidation, he ventured through the door, fearful of being caught and seen as rude.

He stopped by the R3 astromech, soon realising it was inactive as it hadn't zapped them yet. It seemed to be unpowered. 'Perhaps we can plug it in and ask where its owner is?'

This message was last edited by the player at 03:08, Thu 18 Feb 2016.

Yesdona Miralu
 player, 32 posts
 HP: 41 Reflex: 21 DT: 20
 Cha: 18
Thu 18 Feb 2016
at 03:08
Mission 1: Kalis, Xirek, Yesdona
Stepping in side quickly and quietly, she looks around for anything that might help them find the missing Jedi.

Looking over to Kalis,Yesdona says Yes, let me look around to make sure there are no clues first and I would be happy to take a look at the astromech.



OCC:
Perception: Stealth Roll: 29

On tablet as my computer is down for the moment so I can't copy/paste

Also, do you want a use computer or a Mechanics roll for the astromech?

This message was last edited by the player at 03:12, Thu 18 Feb 2016.

Kalis Bantha
 player, 27 posts
Thu 18 Feb 2016
at 06:22
Mission 1: Kalis, Xirek, Yesdona
'I'll check the computer.' Kalis volunteered, approaching the desk and taking a seat before the desktop computer. But first, touching his horns, he took a moment to say a brief prayer over the machine, praying to the Bantha for guidance and patience, for forgiveness in infiltration of private territory, and for good fortune in dealing with the often difficult digital world. He sprinkled a few grains of holy sand over the keyboard to cast out evil spirits, flexed his fingers, then set to work. He turned it on.


OOC:
Improve Access as necessary, Use Computer 18
Master Slicer: picking better UC roll, 18
Gimmick: issue routine commands as swift actions if friendly.
14:03, Today: Kalis Bantha rolled 18 using 1d20+11. use computer.
14:03, Today: Kalis Bantha rolled 13 using 1d20+11. reroll.