The Black Crow Inn.   Posted by Dungeon Master.Group: 0
Gef'n
 player, 16 posts
Mon 28 Mar 2016
at 20:43
The Black Crow Inn
hearing the ruckus from the street Gef'n strides into the inn and stretches his burnished bronze wings to full spread and tucks them back under his cloak,  in hopes that a serious distraction will derail any mounting hostilities.

OOC: wings share a obvious similarity to those of a metalic dragon and due to their color (bronze) and the color (bronze) of my scales in no way can be confused with those belonging to a chromatic dragon.

May I have a small bit of water please.
Adfydd
 player, 8 posts
Mon 28 Mar 2016
at 20:49
The Black Crow Inn
In reply to Dungeon Master (msg # 21):

Adfydd did his best to defend his new friend, but the woodsman's words didn't carry much weight. "Let's not get too hasty. There is no need for calling towns guards." he said holding up his hands.

15:45, Today: Adfydd rolled 13 using 1d20+2 with rolls of 11.  Diplomacy check.
Estiri Kaelenn
 player, 15 posts
Mon 28 Mar 2016
at 22:24
The Black Crow Inn
During the  commotion, the she-elf turned away from the crowd and used the distraction to speak some subtle words of magic.  Turning around she pronounces the final word and stared at the large human.

 Casting Charm Person on the bounty hunter. DC 13

 Echoing words fill the mans head as all around the elf becomes hazy to the bounty hunter.  The echoing, droning words of the she-elf penetrate his mind.  All he can focus on is her.  to him she looks like an angel, or a Godess...

 " Now, now.  Wasn't it you, my friend who originally insulted his size?  I believe you are the one who owes this dwarf a drink.  And if you want to talk, you have our attention." she said with a smile.  All of the elf's movements seemed to flow.  She made deliberate motions in front of the big man, such as lingering looks and bats of her eyelashes.

 18:29, Today: Estiri Kaelenn rolled 15 using 1d20+8 with rolls of 7. Arcana Knowledge: Half dragon guy who just entered.

This message was last edited by the player at 22:30, Mon 28 Mar 2016.

Gef'n
 player, 17 posts
Mon 28 Mar 2016
at 22:34
Re: The Black Crow Inn
Estiri Kaelenn:
18:29, Today: Estiri Kaelenn rolled 15 using 1d20+8 with rolls of 7. Arcana Knowledge: Half dragon guy who just entered.


Bronze Dragonwrought kobold cleric of Bahamut
Dungeon Master
 GM, 229 posts
Mon 28 Mar 2016
at 23:44
Re: The Black Crow Inn
Dungeon Master, for the NPC Bounty hunter, rolled 15 using 1d20+2 with rolls of 13.  Will save.
Dungeon Master, for the NPC Bounty hunter, rolled 16 using 1d20+4 with rolls of 12.  Sense Motive.

Spell Negated. Sense motive failed.


"Yeah, I made another joke after the dwarf insulted me and tried to pick a fight. I think I was pretty mild- the bounty hunter's eyes are clouded for a moment, but the enchantment fails immediately and the bounty hunter looks furious.
"Seven hells! Someone just tried to bewitch me!" He looks around but fails to identify the source of the spell. But the arrival of Gef'n gave the bounty hunter a suitable target regardless."A kobold! Blasted cowards!" He draws his axe and moves towards the kobold.
"It was you, wasn't it, lizard? You have tried to poison my mind!"
Xaz
 player, 87 posts
 Goblin Wizard
Mon 28 Mar 2016
at 23:56
Re: The Black Crow Inn
Xaz was accustomed to cold reception (it was still better then being chased away from town), but he was still grateful for the priestess and her intervention on their behalf.

When Gef'n went into the inn Xaz followed him. Curiosity urged him to check it out. And after seeing the angry man with an axe, it was obvious to him that it was a very bad idea.
Thort Stonering
 player, 13 posts
 AC18 HP 37
Tue 29 Mar 2016
at 01:04
Re: The Black Crow Inn
"There is more to an insult then words," Thort responds coolly, ignoring the ignorant crowd. "It is your tone and attitude that insults. I will have satisfaction."
Gef'n
 player, 18 posts
Tue 29 Mar 2016
at 02:09
Re: The Black Crow Inn
No I did not poison your mind, but I will take personal responsibility for the one that did. If i had the coin to pay for it I would buy you a solid meal to dilute the alcohol i am assuming you have already imbibed.

By the grace of Bahamut can we all please calm down and discuss this in a civilized manner and do so without the insults. if you must insult someone, insult me. my race has earned more than their fair share of insults


cast calm emotions on Thort Stonering and 20 ft radius of him.
http://www.d20srd.org/srd/spells/calmEmotions.htm
will negates DC 16

This message was last edited by the player at 03:48, Tue 29 Mar 2016.

Thort Stonering
 player, 15 posts
 AC18 HP 37
Tue 29 Mar 2016
at 03:42
Re: The Black Crow Inn
Will is not a strength. 22:35, Today: Thort Stonering rolled 6 using 1d20+1 ((5)). :D

Basically the dwarf appears no different. He remains on his stool, unmoving.
Al'andra Dreazahn
 player, 59 posts
 Brilliantly choreographed
 Excellently executed
Tue 29 Mar 2016
at 05:07
Re: The Black Crow Inn
Al'andra has made haste in her move to get to the tavern, following after Xaz and Gef'n under the assumption that loud noises and small creatures do not mix. She enters the bar in time to hear the loud man's words and sees him move. She's quick to put a hand to her blade, but makes no move to pull the weapon. She is, however, quick to come to the side of the kobold, eyes cold as the steel beneath her hand.

"Watch your words friend, this one is with me and is no enemy of yours. Pray you listen to his wisdom. " she replies shortly.
Estiri Kaelenn
 player, 16 posts
Tue 29 Mar 2016
at 06:53
Re: The Black Crow Inn
 " It was me. The situation seemed to be getting out of hand. I was just trying to settle things down a bit. I ment you no harm. "
She said to the big man, trying to look as daenty and cute as possible.

Today: Estiri Kaelenn rolled 22 using 1d20+2 with rolls of 20.  Diplomacy to calm man down. Natural 20 baby! Figured I'd likely get -4 to the roll for trying to charm him and failing. DM's discretion. If this attempt fails I might attempt another charm with the appropriate negatives.

This message was last edited by the player at 06:54, Tue 29 Mar 2016.

Daelin Swiftbow
 player, 78 posts
Tue 29 Mar 2016
at 10:54
Re: The Black Crow Inn
Daelin walks quickly a few steps behind the elvish woman, and spoke softly in the elvish language. [Language unknown:  "Aveionvor redilldin pe orethaion ureli mirom evpo plinet te...aiove whhone."]

Walking in beside Al'Andra, he noticed the suituation quickly, and though not as forward as her, he stood beside her and looked around, indicating he supported her, but placed his hand on her shoulder and whispered in elvish. [Language unknown:  "Ave ma ni lin llati distwa Metaplit....ho il pecapl te ortovered anhiwa ckar adth bletheenc redaveear."]

This message was last edited by the player at 01:42, Wed 30 Mar 2016.

Al'andra Dreazahn
 player, 61 posts
 Brilliantly choreographed
 Excellently executed
Wed 30 Mar 2016
at 04:10
Re: The Black Crow Inn
Tilting her head to the side she breathes deep, and though it seems to pain her, she stretches her fingers from her blade and pulls it free, letting her hand fall to her side before curling into a tight fist as a whisper leaves her lips.

"[Language unknown:  Lorom cefor nopome, lonemi. Ec whiessrut onsni re hasla pewema. ]" she pauses, turns her head and smiles. She again whispers "
Daelin Swiftbow
 player, 79 posts
Wed 30 Mar 2016
at 09:46
Re: The Black Crow Inn
The human chuckles to himself at the woman's comments, but looks at the man and smiles. "My advice friend is not to worry on these two as they have saved this town without you knowing it. You may distrust their kind, but thse ate our friends, and if you raise a hand to them, you raise one to all of us." Before the man begins to speak, thinking it a threat, Daelin raise his hand with a smile. "And that is no threat friend...just a fact."

Daelin hoped his honest words eliminated the mans need to harm either the kobold or goblin (or tried to anyway)
Dungeon Master
 GM, 230 posts
Wed 30 Mar 2016
at 16:01
Re: The Black Crow Inn
"Yes, I might know Does it by chance involve some drow allied with an orc tribe? After Daelin confirms her suspicion, she is visibly interested in what you have to say. I would appreciate any information you can provide. There have been sightings of them and my order tries to uncover what their plans might be. I was actually just about to post a job offer on the board in front of the tavern, to find volunteers willing to help with this matter. Would you be interested? You will be rewarded for your efforts, of course."

But then you are interrupted by the ruckus inside the tavern. "By Heironeous, can't they act like civilized people for once? We should stop it before someone gets hurt." says Elena as she and her bodyguard follow you inside.

Meanwhile, Estiri somehow manages to convince the bounty hunter that she only meant well. He just can't stay mad at her, thus he drops the "bewitching" matter and focuses only on Thort. And while Gef'n manages to calm down everyone else, the Bounty Hunter just can't let it go. He gestures to his four companions and they leave their seats and join him.

Dungeon Master, for the NPC Bounty Hunter, rolled 17 using 1d20+2 with rolls of 15.  Will Save.

"Fine. You want a fight? You will have it. Let's make it interesting. Me and two of my friends against you and your friends." he grins as he draws his axe.

"Please everyone, calm down." Lady Elena intervenes. "If it is truly a matter of honor, then you may duel on the training grounds of our order. We will ensure that no one will perish and heal your wounds. My only condition is that you accept the outcome as the will of Heironeous. Whomever wins will apologize to the other and that will be the end of it. Do you agree?" Lady Elena offers to the two bitter enemies. "Sure, whatever. So, what do you say, dwarf. Do you and those little friends of yours have enough guts for a real fight?"

This message was last edited by the GM at 16:02, Wed 30 Mar 2016.

Takeshi
 player, 4 posts
Wed 30 Mar 2016
at 16:32
Re: The Black Crow Inn
A large, musclebound man walks up to the group. He is obviously a foreigner, as his look, attire and accent suggest. "I have heard the insults you have hurled at him. This cannot go unpunished." Takeshi is furious at the disrespect the drunk man has shown the dwarf and is thus called forth to battle. He turns to the dwarf. "If you would allow me, I'd like to join you in this fight and defend your honor." But a thought strikes him. It's not right that others would intervene between the dwarf and the drunk in their fight. So, he turns to the drunken man. "I can face your "friends" alone. You and the dwarf duel among yourselves. That way, you two can settle this alone and your friends will get what is coming to them." This is the type of bragging that would certainly cause others to wonder how much ale you drank today, but the foreign warrior appears to be deadly serious about his challenge.
Dungeon Master
 GM, 232 posts
Wed 30 Mar 2016
at 16:59
Re: The Black Crow Inn
The bounty hunters looks at the new arrival with a sign of obvious disdain, but his face turns into a mocking grimace as soon as he offers to fight his friends alone. "You against my friends? You mean all four of them, right?" he grins, as he tries to make Takeshi back down in fear. "Or you can just fight one of them if you are as big a sissy as you look." he laughs and his companions join him.
Takeshi
 player, 6 posts
Wed 30 Mar 2016
at 17:27
Re: The Black Crow Inn
If the man expected Takeshi to reconsider after mentioning the possibility of fighting all four of his friends then he must have been astonished when he heard Takeshi's response. "As you wish, I will fight all four of your friends. And I shall do so without any armor or protective clothing, yet they will not manage to wound me, nor will I suffer even a scratch from their blades. Should I fail, this sword is yours." He slowly pulls an exquisite two handed sword he wore on his back from it's sheath. "For the day I fail to properly deal with some lowlives will be the day I am not worthy of wielding such a sword. Should I succeed, you and your friends shall leave this town and never return." with an ice cold gaze he looks the man straight into the eyes. "Do you accept these terms?"
Dungeon Master
 GM, 235 posts
Wed 30 Mar 2016
at 17:57
Re: The Black Crow Inn
The bounty hunter looks absolutely flabbergasted by Takeshi's proposal and when he sees that the man is serious, he starts laughing so hard he almost falls over. "Yes, I accept. I will pound this stupid dwarf to dust while my companions will beat a loud-moutched braggart and show him his place. And I will get a shiny new sword out of it too. This day will be glorious!"

Elena is surprised, but doesn't dwell on it. She is eager to get this over with. "Very well then, follow me." Elena says and she also whispers to Daelin. "We can talk in the temple while we watch these fights."
Two town guards came to check out the disturbance, but priestess Elena dismissed them with assurances that no one got hurt and nothing was destroyed. Your little group thus moves out of the tavern towards the temple of Heironeous in the distance.
Gef'n
 player, 24 posts
Wed 30 Mar 2016
at 19:30
Re: The Black Crow Inn
Dungeon Master:
"Sure, whatever. So, what do you say, dwarf. Do you and those little friends of yours have enough guts for a real fight?"

A real fight yes, but seeing as you are simply a drunk and not my enemy, no I will not engage in a fight with you. I have no need to prove any thing to you.

I will provide healing to one and all alike, when you are all done this pointless contest of egos.

Adfydd
 player, 9 posts
Wed 30 Mar 2016
at 20:43
Re: The Black Crow Inn
In reply to Thort Stonering (msg # 28):

Adfydd stood next to Thort as things unfolded. He felt it better to remain silent for the moment. It seemed that there was more than enough ego to spare in this conflict, him adding his own would profit nothing. When at last the two parties agreed to a "legal" duel the druid spoke.

"I will act as your second Thort, if you'll have me that is." Adfydd said as he gathered his belongings.
Daelin Swiftbow
 player, 80 posts
Wed 30 Mar 2016
at 20:58
Re: The Black Crow Inn
Daelin looks on with a wry smile at the suituation. If this swordsman was such a fine warrior that he could take all four without falling then this would be an impressive show.

He looks at the others and says softly. "this could be interesting!"
Al'andra Dreazahn
 player, 65 posts
 Brilliantly choreographed
 Excellently executed
Wed 30 Mar 2016
at 22:13
Re: The Black Crow Inn
Al'endra shakes her head, ready to follow. "This could be ridiculous. " she says, clearly unimpressed with the turn of events. She sighs and follows after Lady Elena, this day has been most unusual and not turned out remotely as expected.
Thort Stonering
 player, 16 posts
 AC18 HP 37
Thu 31 Mar 2016
at 00:06
Re: The Black Crow Inn
Takeshi:
...Takeshi is furious at the disrespect the drunk man has shown the dwarf and is thus called forth to battle. He turns to the dwarf. "If you would allow me, I'd like to join you in this fight and defend your honor." ...


Still becalmed, Thort says to the new comer, "I will defend my own honor, thank you. But Estiri was insulted first. You are welcome to be her champion."

Adfydd:
..."I will act as your second Thort, if you'll have me that is." Adfydd said as he gathered his belongings.


"I thank you for your support," he says with slight bow.
Estiri Kaelenn
 player, 19 posts
Thu 31 Mar 2016
at 07:07
Re: The Black Crow Inn
 Estiri smiled at the human when he spoke to her in elven. She was going to say something back when she was distracted by the man's challenge. She nodded solemnly at the cleric's suggestion the duel on the temple ground.

 "Well, as long as no one will become permanently damaged... I acept as well. Are you sure you fellas want to duel a sylvan archer? I do not use hand held weapons too cumbersome and awkward for little ol' me  " she said. She tool out her bow and prepared to follow them to they temple grounds.

This message was last edited by the player at 07:07, Thu 31 Mar 2016.