Temple of Heironeous.   Posted by Dungeon Master.Group: 0
Adfydd
 player, 19 posts
Wed 6 Apr 2016
at 22:43
Re: Temple of Heironeous
In reply to Daelin Swiftbow (msg # 27):

Adfydd took the man's hand and returned the hand shake in the spirit of friendship and kinship. "Well met, I am Adfydd. A would be happy to ad my eyes and senses to your cause." he said with a smile.

 Adfydd said bowing slightly to Al'andra. "When drow and orc are concerned there is safety in numbers. They won't face you alone. And they won't care what your politics are." he added in common.

This message was last edited by the player at 22:43, Wed 06 Apr 2016.

Daelin Swiftbow
 player, 88 posts
Thu 7 Apr 2016
at 00:05
Re: Temple of Heironeous
Daelin smiled at Gef'n, happy there was a healer with them. "I welcome your skills and wisdom my friend." He then laughed at Adfydd and slapped him in on the shoulder [Language unknown:  "Thont molehi.....t houai ai proiveard yinpo pl wiat ekmire enc o ovethound. Fotic thihisect Ol ic wil, we os on U ourwi resameure"]
Estiri Kaelenn
 player, 34 posts
Thu 7 Apr 2016
at 03:18
Re: Temple of Heironeous
 Estiri gracefully walks over to stand next to the dwarf.  As she did she gave a lasting look to the paladin, trying to catch his eye.  She smiles playfully to him as she passed.  She smelled of fresh wild flowers and exotic fragrances.

 She turned back to the other human and responded. [Language unknown:  " Of icacin.  Po hi intsi st on rine uncabeas wi iouthihat son usilut.  Ac weica larfo ol Heronsate ee.  On os o ad!"] she said in elven.

 " But I suggest we make haste and depart, before night falls." she said to the group in the common trade tongue.
Al'andra Dreazahn
 player, 79 posts
 Brilliantly choreographed
 Excellently executed
Thu 7 Apr 2016
at 03:25
Re: Temple of Heironeous
Al'andra closed her eyes and breathed deep, ignoring the irritation that coursed through her. Fun was not the word she would have chosen for this excursion. When she opened them again, they were the most brilliant shade of green. Perhaps it was the sheen of sadness that crept over her features that made them so bright, perhaps the light. She grew restless with this, pulling her hand back the moment Roland is finished and flexing it as if she had been burned.

"Thank you. " she manages, and shifts her weight decidedly to one side.  she says under her breath, turning an eye towards the exit.
Daelin Swiftbow
 player, 89 posts
Thu 7 Apr 2016
at 04:23
Re: Temple of Heironeous
Daelin looks at Al'andra, knowing all too well the thought path she was on. Daelin himself also had reservations with this newly formed team, but he knew first hand that without them they had a higher chance of failure. He looked at her with a look of concern. Daelin had lost friends, but she had lost a sister.

He looked at the others. "I don't know if nightfall is a good idea....drow have keen eyesight in darkness, and where some here are able to see in the darkness, I am merely human and rely on other senses in darkness. I suggest we wait for dawn to come to strike at them....the new light after the darkness will aide us more than them."

He leans into Al'andra and whispers in elvish so only she can hear. ] the look on Daelin's face was not one of deception or secrecy, but one of concern for a friend.
Al'andra Dreazahn
 player, 80 posts
 Brilliantly choreographed
 Excellently executed
Thu 7 Apr 2016
at 04:43
Re: Temple of Heironeous
Snaps her head towards Daelin as though she was not expecting him to speak. She takes a deep breath and then responds low, so as no one can hear ]She looks around, for the first time looking concerned at the company she keeps, leaning close to Daelin, a hand reaching up to touch his arm gently as she whispers. ] She pulls back and waits for his lead.

"Dawn. " she says to the others, shortly. "The best time would be dawn, as they hunger for sleep. " she pauses and shakes her head, her mind occupied for the moment elsewhere. "Better for us to rest as well, before the coming battle. "
Daelin Swiftbow
 player, 90 posts
Thu 7 Apr 2016
at 05:03
Re: Temple of Heironeous
Daelin, still a look of concern, just nods to the woman. He looks at Adfydd. "If you meet me at the gate an hour before dawn, we can scout the path ahead" He sighs and looks at the others. "...until then, I need food and rest. I will stay in the loft above the stable if anyone wants to see me." He nods at Adfydd with a slight smile, looks at Al'andra and then gives Shardrena a quick hug and lops off.

This message was last edited by the player at 05:53, Thu 07 Apr 2016.

Al'andra Dreazahn
 player, 81 posts
 Brilliantly choreographed
 Excellently executed
Thu 7 Apr 2016
at 05:10
Re: Temple of Heironeous
Al'andra nods, turning her head back to the others. "Dawn it is, or we can discuss this after the rest have rested and eaten. It has been a hard day-- for all of us. " Unlike Daelin, Al'andra does not even bother with a goodbye. She merely gives a short nod of her head, a short look towards Xaz, Shardrena, and begs her leave of Elena and Roland before she too moves away. There are personal things she will need to take care of before she is ready to aid anyone in present company further.
Estiri Kaelenn
 player, 36 posts
Thu 7 Apr 2016
at 13:03
Re: Temple of Heironeous
" What's her problem?" she whispered to the dwarf after Al'andra had gotten out of earshot, which was a good ways being she had keen elven hearing no doubt.

 " Do we want to discuss battle strategy? Has anyone here ever fought a drow?  I have only heard stories. They say those drow in high favor with the Queen of Spiders are practically immune to magic." she said sullenly to the group.

 " I suppose we could go back to the inn and talk about this.  Are you guys coming?" she said to the dwarf and the druid.  Her familiar leaped off her shoulder, which she flexed slightly, wincing in pain.  It flew off into the late afternoon sky. (?)

This message was last edited by the player at 13:04, Thu 07 Apr 2016.

Gef'n
 player, 30 posts
Thu 7 Apr 2016
at 14:28
Re: Temple of Heironeous
I never fought drow, but when i was but a wyrmling my tribe traded with the dark skins for a decade of so. they payed for our quarried stone at twice what we would have charged. there were no negotiations they just came to collect their stone and left gold all without a word.

I have overheard a few things, mainly that the favor of their goddess is a fickle thing. and despite their assertions otherwise. they are not immune to magic, just really resistant to its effects.

when it comes to battle magic against the drow, I have seem the physical world be of more use against them.
clouds of solid fog, magic that projects pure element, and magics of similar theme.


24 diplomacy check
On the note of fighting free willed creatures. Not that I expect that they all will accept the offer, but I would appreciate it if they were given the opportunity to surrender unconditionally. A thoroughly restrained, and fairly treated individual can be a excellent source of information.
Within every person there is a fragment of good, if that fragment can be reached then perhaps their soul can be redeemed.

Adfydd
 player, 20 posts
Thu 7 Apr 2016
at 15:45
Re: Temple of Heironeous
In reply to Estiri Kaelenn (msg # 37):

"Until then Daelin." Adfydd said with a slight bow of the head.

"Don't mind her Estiri, she seems to be under a bit of stress. I'm sure she meant no offense." the druid offered. "And yes, I'm coming." he said smiling as he joined her. "Come on Thort, I'll buy you a victory round!"
Roland Stormbringer
 player, 6 posts
Thu 7 Apr 2016
at 16:21
Re: Temple of Heironeous

This message was deleted by the player at 01:50, Fri 08 Apr 2016.

Gef'n
 player, 31 posts
Thu 7 Apr 2016
at 17:30
Re: Temple of Heironeous
town of Ashwick #16:
Is there some tasks I can do for you to earn some bread and water as well as a spot on the floor to sleep for the night.


black crow inn #22:
May I have a small bit of water please.


Gef'n having been offered no task by the priestess, to earn bread and water; and offered no generosity at the inn. Gef'n is awakened outside the town gates, by the sound of the approach of a horse and rider in the inside of the closed town gates.

Gefn opens his eyes and swallows hard to attempt to make some saliva coat his mouth. His stomach rumbles for any amount of food or water, but Gef'n ignores it and begins his morning prayers while graping the crude mud sculpture of a dragon he made as a wyrmling, he focuses his thoughts on the divine power of Bahamut.


Great dragon father, I thank you for another beautiful day whith wich I may bring glory to you and your righteous children. I thank you for the trials you give my, and pray that through them i may strengthen my spirit, and my faith.

looking around the sun has not yet risen but he can feel the coming dawn. he stands and gathers his only three possessions, his cloak, staff, and holy symbol and waits for his companions to exit the locked and barred town gates.
Elena
 NPC, 1 post
Thu 7 Apr 2016
at 18:18
Re: Temple of Heironeous
"You are all obviously quite tired and wounded. Also, our enemy only grows stronger at night. So it would be wise to start the expedition in the morning." Elena gets up from her seat and addresses your whole group. "You may spend the night here, if you wish. Afterwards, should you be interested in exploring that orc fortress and those drow tunnels, come to the temple gates at dawn. I shall be waiting there for you."
She then turns to Roland Stormbringer. "Sir Stormbringer, please take the wounded to the healers and afterwards, give them something to eat and beds to sleep in, should they wish to spend the night here. You will join the expedition as well, since you have volunteered for this task. May you bring glory to Heironeous."

This message was last edited by the player at 18:19, Thu 07 Apr 2016.

Daelin Swiftbow
 player, 92 posts
Thu 7 Apr 2016
at 22:42
Re: Temple of Heironeous
Daelin, up an hour before dawn, waited at the outside of the gate, eager to be on his way. He had been there a few minutes when he noticed the sleeping form of the dragon priest, Gef'n. Daelin had hoped that his friends had at least helped to convince the town to harbour him, but sometimes old fears lingered.

Daelin snapped out of his thoughts to see him moving, and the hunter smiled. He paced over to him."Gef'n...if I had known you'd sleep in the wilds I would have stayed with you. May I sit while I wait for the Druid?" The ranger reached in and pulled out a loaf of bread and an apple, tearing the loaf in half, he offered the half loaf and Apple to him.

"Not a feast by any standards, but I usually eat while I hunt so travel light. You need your strength to aide us today my small friend."
Gef'n
 player, 34 posts
Fri 8 Apr 2016
at 00:39
Re: Temple of Heironeous

This message was deleted by the player at 02:12, Fri 08 Apr 2016.

Roland Stormbringer
 player, 9 posts
Fri 8 Apr 2016
at 01:56
Re: Temple of Heironeous
In reply to Elena (msg # 42):

"Right away my lady. Heironeous' grace be with you while I am away." Roland bowed and then turned to the party members who hadn't departed on their own, saying "Please follow me." He showed them the rooms they would sleep in first and then asked the wounded to follow him further to have the other priests use their healing prayers to bring them relief. After ensuring all were healed, Roland took his leave to prepare for the next day.

Roland was eager to set out on a quest against evil. He had hoped that his next quest would be with a group of other worshipers of Heironeous, but all who oppose evil are allies of Heironeous, whether they know it or not.

This message was last edited by the player at 06:49, Fri 08 Apr 2016.

Thort Stonering
 player, 29 posts
 AC18 HP 37
 Cur.HP 37
Fri 8 Apr 2016
at 02:43
Re: Temple of Heironeous
Thort shrugs at Estiri's question regarding Al'andra. "Who can say?" He chuckles at Adfydd. "I can't say that I disagree. Although that's usually Meri's job." He pats the mastiff on her head.

He accepts Elena's offer of a room. "The town is secure? I thought that I heard someone say that there was a raiding party or something about."
Adfydd
 player, 21 posts
Fri 8 Apr 2016
at 23:09
Re: Temple of Heironeous
In reply to Daelin Swiftbow (msg # 43):

Adfydd had awoke in the pre-dawn hours. He didn't like sleeping inside, and he didn't like leaving Tundra to fend for himself. He was big and cunning enough to look out for himself now, but the Druid had raised the wolf since he found him orphaned as a pup. The two of them were rarely apart.

The woodsman had left the "city" for the grove where he had left Tundra well before first light. He sensed the wolf's presence long before he could see him. They greeted each other as if had been a week since they parted ways.

"We're going to help a group of people hunt the darkskin elves boy." he said scratching his friend behind the ears. "I need you to wait here a bit longer. I will call for you when it's time for the hunt." He said dropping a chunk of meat on the ground next to the wolf..."Soon." he added as he turned to make his way back to town.

He stepped out of the edge of the woods, and walked towards his companions who were already gathering. "Good morn to you all!" he called when he came within earshot.

He stopped as he came to where Gef'n and Daelin were sitting sharing a morning meal. He looked at the strange "lizardman" before commenting. "I'm sorry, we've never been introduced properly. My name is Adfydd, archer and woodsman. Please forgive my rudeness for staring, but I have never met one of your kind before." he said still looking at Gef'n. "May I join you gentlemen in breaking fast?" he said sitting down next to them before they could answer.

This message was last edited by the player at 23:11, Fri 08 Apr 2016.

Gef'n
 player, 36 posts
Fri 8 Apr 2016
at 23:38
Re: Temple of Heironeous
Gef'n greets the new arrival, happily.

Yes a kobold in public is a rare sight, and rarer still is one who can trace their direct bloodline to a bronze true dragon
Dungeon Master
 GM, 284 posts
Sat 9 Apr 2016
at 23:17
Re: Temple of Heironeous
The dawn comes soon enough and as your group meets up near the temple gates. All except Shardrena, who decides to stay in the temple and train with the priests of Heironeous. While conversing, priestess Elena

"I have prepared some travelling rations for you. It's not far, but who knows how long you will be out there." she then summons two paladins, who hand you a few backpacks full supplies, to be distributed among you. She also gives a wand of Cure Light Wounds to Roland. "I pray that you won't need it." And Elena then turns to the matter at hand.
"We don't know much about this drow-orc alliance and your discovery of that camp is very troubling indeed. Particularly how close to the town it is. All this time, they have been right under our nose." she sighs and looks towards the hill in the distance.
"I would have you return to that camp. Come back with whatever information you can get. Try to atleast assess their strength, capture one of them, a scout, patrol, whomever can shed some light on their activities. Shuld they prove too strong for your group, return here and we can try staging an all out attack on their encampment."

"Go now, I will pray for you all and I will see to it that you are compensated for your troubles once this is all over. May lord Heironeous give you stregth in the coming battles."

Assuming no one has any questions, she bids you all farewell and you journey back to the warcamp.

This message was last edited by the GM at 23:17, Sat 09 Apr 2016.

Al'andra Dreazahn
 player, 95 posts
 Brilliantly choreographed
 Excellently executed
Sun 10 Apr 2016
at 00:10
Re: Temple of Heironeous
Al'andra, despite her late evening, was up early. With her gear assembled, she was otherwise ready for the trip and would be knowingly leaving a piece of herself here behind her. Her conversations had been many and long, and several candles had been run through before she found the sleep she had so desperately needed. Coming from a small room, righting her armor into place, she had run into the master swordsman. The pair had struck up a conversation and discussed the concerns of the coming day. Although he was unable to come with them, he offered some insightful information and in parting had given to her his prize from the previous days win. She had been truly humbled and thanked him.

Her move greatly improved, she had exerted her energies to less pleasant details. It had taken some time, but she had managed to find Lady Elena and discussed with her in great lengths the loss of her sister. Al'andra was not a believer of faith. In truth, she had no belief that such great beings existed and was more inclined to believe that if they did they had shown her such distaste and hate that they did not deserve her attentions anyways.

It meant that she knew little of the workings of the religions and knew little of what steps were to be taken in regards to her sisters passing. Lady Elena had been more than understanding and had offered to take care of any such dealings that were required to ensure her sisters resting and offered to dispatch a message to her sisters temple to inform them of her parting from this world so that they might also make any offerings they so wished in her honor. With a heavy heart, Al'andra had left and roamed the streets, embracing a darkness that had begun to sink into her very soul until she found herself back and able to rest if only for a few short hours.

Now she stood, thanking Lady Elena for her gracious hospitality and promising to do as they could to rid the threat that plagued the small town. Before parting she moved towards the newcomers of the group and stood before them. Her disinterest or distaste could be stated as evident, but it was hard to tell what was Al'andra's personality and what was her true feeling. Instead, she silently held out a gift to Estiri and Adfydd. She doesn't even bother acknowledging Thort. So much for her good mood.

"Can't have you dying on us. " was all she stated before walking off to lead the way.
Daelin Swiftbow
 player, 97 posts
Sun 10 Apr 2016
at 08:50
Re: Temple of Heironeous
As the group slowly start turning up, the ranger is already waiting in the new light of day. The ranger had spent his time well, preparing himself for the task at hand...physically and mentally. He held a bow that was new to him, but superior to his old one...taken from the drow archer. He also had a different cloak, instead of his dark green one he had a dark grey that seemed to shimmer with movement.

The ranger stood, leaning on a building, eating an apple. He nodded greetings at all who came, with warm smiles. He heard Al'andra's comments to the new three and just smiled and winked at her. He looked at the Druid. "Why don't we take point Adfydd. You cover left, myself right. Maybe if we stay a little ahead of the group, we can check the trail as we go."
Adfydd
 player, 22 posts
Mon 11 Apr 2016
at 19:14
Re: Temple of Heironeous
In reply to Al'andra Dreazahn (msg # 50):

When Gef'n replied, the druid smiled and nodded, "I suppose you're right. Anyway, it's a pleasure to meet you Gef'n. Hopefully we will have time to speak further as we travel together, I should like to find out more about your kind, and your religion."

When the elf woman approached holding out her hand, Adfydd reached out to recieve what was offered. "Thank you Lady Al'andra." Adfydd replied taking her gift and placing it around his neck.

Adfydd nodded when Daelin suggested he take left point. "If you come across a large gray wolf, don't shoot him. He's with us."
Estiri Kaelenn
 player, 37 posts
Wed 13 Apr 2016
at 20:46
Re: Temple of Heironeous
 Estiri takes the cloak and holds it out in front of her as she admired it. She smiled and hugged the cloak tightly in glee.

 " I love it! Thank you!" she said. She spoke a word of magic which revealed all the magical auras endowed on the cloak. She watched the magic dance across her new cloak in satisfied awe.