Temple of Heironeous.   Posted by Dungeon Master.Group: 0
Dungeon Master
 GM, 236 posts
Wed 30 Mar 2016
at 18:20
Temple of Heironeous
You arrive at the large temple overlooking the town. Priestess Elena announcess you to the guards and leads you to a very large courtyard, where dozens of Heironeous's initiates are seen practicing. She excuses herself for a moment and after a few minutes of waiting she returns.

"Very well, everything is prepared for both of the fights. Both the duel and the fight of man against four. If you could please follow me." She leads you to an arena in the middle of the courtyard that is split in the middle so as to provide two combat areas. YOu can see levers and pulleys that suggest that this is adjustable and could thus be opened up entirely. "This is where our champions compete for valor and trials by combat are carried out. And your reasons for being here appear to be a little mix of both." A few novice priests are stationed nearby to provide help if necessary.
Dungeon Master
 GM, 240 posts
Wed 30 Mar 2016
at 22:30
Temple of Heironeous
Elena sends the combatants to the lower areas, where they are to prepare for the fight. "The fight is until your enemy falls unconcious or surrenders. Remember, we will ensure that you are healed and your wounds taken care of after the fight. Now go, initiate Merwyn will escort you."

Thort and the bounty hunter are led to the right "combat arena" by a novice priest, while Takeshi and the bounty hunter's friends go to the left one. The stands are beginning to fill with priests, paladins and monks of Heironeous and soon, everything is ready for the battle to begin.

Meanwhile, everyone else is escorted to the top part of the arena by Elena's paladin bodyguard, Roland Stormbringer. You arrive in a large enclosed room with enough seats for all of you and a great view of the coming battle. Priestess Elena rejoins you just before the fighting starts. "Now, could you first tell me about the drow and orcish alliance and what are your experiences with them? You spoke of some danger and an orcish scout." she asks Daelin.
Al'andra Dreazahn
 player, 67 posts
 Brilliantly choreographed
 Excellently executed
Wed 30 Mar 2016
at 23:13
Temple of Heironeous
Al'andra stands near to Daelin, but allows him to do the talking. Her eyes are to the fight and she watches with irritated interest, her lip curled distastefully at the unnecessary display. She will never understand the mechanics of men.

This message was last edited by the player at 23:13, Wed 30 Mar 2016.

Dungeon Master
 GM, 258 posts
Thu 31 Mar 2016
at 23:11
Temple of Heironeous
Seeing what is happening in the arena, Elena turns to her bodyguard, Roland Stormbringer. "Please, Sir Stormbringer, please hurry and break off that fight before the man does something he will regret."
Estiri Kaelenn
 player, 22 posts
Fri 1 Apr 2016
at 14:30
Temple of Heironeous
" Drow did you say? Now you've got my attention sir.  Drow must be dealt with swifly and by a powerful hand.  You will need sylvan magic.  I possess such power."" she said.

 She said a soft elven sounding word of magic and she cradled a small ball of light in her hands.  " I am a warrior of the light.  if they come to the surface, we will have the advantage."" she said sternly.  The mention of the drow really seemed to change her temperment.

This message was last edited by the player at 14:31, Fri 01 Apr 2016.

Roland Stormbringer
 player, 1 post
Fri 1 Apr 2016
at 14:37
Temple of Heironeous
The tall knight in full plate mail, lifts his helm revealing a chiseled face and auburn hair. "Right away, my lady."

He salutes quickly and then departs for the arena.
Gef'n
 player, 25 posts
Fri 1 Apr 2016
at 15:02
Re: Temple of Heironeous
Estiri Kaelenn:
" Drow did you say? Now you've got my attention sir.  Drow must be dealt with swifly and by a powerful hand.  You will need sylvan magic.  I possess such power."" she said.

 She said a soft elven sounding word of magic and she cradled a small ball of light in her hands.  " I am a warrior of the light.  if they come to the surface, we will have the advantage."" she said sternly.  The mention of the drow really seemed to change her temperment.


Why is sylvan magic so important. Can it not be done just as easily by the high mages of the humans or the magic of dragons, or even an ordinary blade wielded  a savvy halfling rogue.

I think I am missing something, you make it sound like these drow are different then the ones I have encountered in the last 125 years. Why can these only be defeated by sylvan magic

Domnall
 player, 57 posts
Fri 1 Apr 2016
at 22:26
Re: Temple of Heironeous
He safely hobnobbed with the priestess and kept away from any trouble. Domnall the thin dwarf took a seat by the Elena and settled himself into the cushions, paying no heeds to the battles. Domnall had no craving for blood nor violence.

"My Lady Elena, if I may" he offered courteously, although he was rather forward in admiring the riches displayed by the temple "drow tunnels are nearby. A tribe of the dark elves have allied themselves with a gang of orcs and they occupy a fort. We encountered the orcs when they lead an attack on a travelling caravan" the dwarf looked around "I don't suppose you have any refreshments?" he suggested "wine, pastries, mead, dainties and drinks for those watching the entertainments" he idly waved a finger toward the noise of fighting but did not look or let the action take away his attention from the priestess. It was clear that the power resided with her and the dwarf would manipulate her to his advantage rather than do anything else. He licked his lips exaggerating his thirst then continued "we found drow with the orcs but strangely we also found another rival tribe of drow. There appeared to be a dispute over territory, although I fear we learned little more than that. What we did learn cost a great deal in blood and lives" he shivered and touched his heart "praises to all the gods that some of us survived" he offered openly but to himself Domnall cared more that he was still alive rather than any others.
Daelin Swiftbow
 player, 83 posts
Sat 2 Apr 2016
at 08:31
Re: Temple of Heironeous
Daelin stood by near the dwarf and priestess as he spoke, and a small smile cracked his face. In the short time he knew the dwarf, he realised he had a smooth togune and head for diplomacy, but battle was not his forte. Daelin couldn't blame him...each person wasn't suited for the heat of battle, but from what he knew of the dwarven race, it was unusual for one such as him.

He looked at Elena with a more serious look. "What my smooth toguned friend has said is true...it is disturbing thst their are drow in the area, but even more if there is more than one faction fighting the other, as they can take the town as a fortification with little care for human life. The one group we encountered raised our own team members from the dead and had them fight us." His face was grim, rembering fighting the very people he fought beside.
Estiri Kaelenn
 player, 24 posts
Sat 2 Apr 2016
at 13:18
Re: Temple of Heironeous
 " It doesn't matter if they're rival clans or not. They will both be a threat to every free person who lives on the surface. They will murder or enslave all they come into contact with." she warned. She turned to the one who questioned the usefulness of her sylvan magic.

 " The secrets of the arcane have been in my people's blood since the dawn of time. We were unlocking the mysteries of the inner and outter planes before your people were even a concept in Pelor's mind." the elf said to the human. She turned back to the Lady Ellena

 " I will see this task done. For the honor of the lives of my people lost to battling the drow over the last few melenia."
Al'andra Dreazahn
 player, 72 posts
 Brilliantly choreographed
 Excellently executed
Sun 3 Apr 2016
at 18:09
Re: Temple of Heironeous
"Take care your words, " Al'andra finally spoke, looking straight to Estiri with cold eyes. " There are some in this company who find friend with the Drow, and one of our party lay dead up in those hills, cursed by those who she might have considered her own brethren. " she shook her head, once more folding her arms over her chest.

"While it is true that many Drow are a menace, we must take care to not let our individual prejudice blind us in a fight against them. " She turns away and back towards her own companions. Perhaps she is being to hard on the newcomer. Perhaps her own pain and her sisters death are blinding her as well. She thinks back to the old days and shakes her head. Times have certainly changed, and not necessarily for the better.

"That particular lot" she starts in reference to Daelin's words "Is well invested into their own graves. I will not mourn their loss anymore than any one else would. I do, however, regret that we were forced to abandon some of our own rather than offering them a proper burial. " the last is especially disheartening. "If we are to rid the menace before us, we will need help. I am certainly not against it, but we have already lost so much. "
Xaz
 player, 93 posts
 Goblin Wizard
Sun 3 Apr 2016
at 19:15
Re: Temple of Heironeous
"That takes care of that hothead." Xaz was very pleased with his spell. Once, he would have trouble to bring down a brute like this, but now it seemed a lot easier. But he actually didn't see a point in this. Why did those two need to beat each other up, all because of... an insult? Bruised honor? Something trivial like that, as he had heard. Hopefully this would be the last of this foolishness.

He then decided to pay attention to the ongoing conversation. And it was obvious that one of the newcomers wouldn't be his favorite person ever. She was clearly too proud of her magical ability in which she was no doubt trained by others and everything she could do just fell into her hands without her having to work for it too hard. That was how he had perceived that elf and her rather arrogant remark. Perhaps he shouldn't jump to conclusions so easily, even he had realized that. But he was already fed up with this whole situation and the tragic battle with the drow. "Yes, yes, yes. I get it. You are absolutely amazing and we don't stand a chance against them without you." he rolled his eyes at the elf. The elf most likely didn't notice him at first.

"Clearly, you are a truly gifted scion of your people. Well, some of us weren't so lucky. Some of us had to actually work and study magic on their own, from whatever scraps they can find, without having the benefit of teachers, resources, safe places of learning or not having their life constantly threatened." he snapped at the elf. "And yet, I have managed to survive this far, while we have managed to defeat drow wizards, necromancers and orcish hordes with my aid."

His rat familiar climbed up to his shoulder and squeaked at Estiri, obviously finding something interesting about her. "So please, tell me of this precious elven magic that I clearly know nothing about. I am dying of excitement."
Thort Stonering
 player, 26 posts
 AC18 HP 37
 Cur.HP 37
Sun 3 Apr 2016
at 21:57
Re: Temple of Heironeous
Thort accepts his share of the healing from the priests, thanking them. He leaves an offering of 5 gp in the temple poor box before finding his way to Estiri and Adfydd, Meri padding alongside. "I do not believe that one will learn the lesson, he says with a shrug. "I am interested in the bounties he spoke of, though."
Daelin Swiftbow
 player, 84 posts
Sun 3 Apr 2016
at 23:11
Re: Temple of Heironeous
Daelin couldn't argue with the reaction his team mates had with this elf...least of all Al'andra who had seen her sister risen from the grave. He looked at Shardnara, his own cousin (of sorts) and wondered his reaction if he was in Al'andra's position.  He lay a gentle hand on the womans shoulder, a sincere look on his face and spoke softly. "We mourne your sister and our other friends Al'andra....do not doubt we take it hard also. Your sister reminded me of home when i was alone." he looked at Xaz, the goblin who had proved his worth. "...and none of us doubt your worth Xaz...any who have seen your skills know you are gifted. You have tipped the scales in our favor and saved us many times now." He leans into Al'andra and whispers in her ear in elvish. [Language unknown:  "Mi diasio....i se era k thalatiou ted pr forwhinti thi atiioneen whstr nteencfor, m ou men"]

He then looks at the Dwarf. "Well fought my stout friend." then at the Estiri a neutral look on his face but a slight hard edge. "My friend here speaks the truth...both of them. Xaz has proved his worth to us and has worked for what he has...and has turned from his kind's dark ways to help us. Maybe instead of tarnishing him and all people with the general ways of their people."

He walks up close to the elf now and speaks softly. "One of our fallen, one that you are trying to avenge, was a drow and a good woman, and one was of orc heritage. And no doubt you speak of the general murderous ways of most, not all are that way. OUR friends died out there so we could get word here, including a half orc warrior and a drow woman who fought beside us....show some respect to those fallen and those here who fought with them." He looked at Xaz and nodded in respect to the goblin.

This kind of outburst was unusual for the elven raised hunter, and when he turned, there was a slight moistness in his eye. Taking a deep breath, and his back to the others, he speaks softly. "Forgive my outburst Lady Elena....it has been a long day and i fear the loss of friends has caught up with me."  He turns around, his usual composure.

"I cannnot speak for my friends here, but as i said, i will aide where i can in defending this place and routing the evil drow and orcs in the area."
Estiri Kaelenn
 player, 25 posts
Mon 4 Apr 2016
at 02:12
Re: Temple of Heironeous
 Estiri listened carefully to each of their words and  couldn't help had to suppress a chuckle as the goblin's familiar chewed her out.

 " I did not know goblins were capable of casting magic.  You must truely be a unique member of your race."

 She turned to the elf woman,  " I have heard of some good drow emerging from the crevices of drow society. But the majority of them are ruled or under the sway of a dangerous demoness parading as a Godess.  " she said in all seriousness.  " I am not saying our magic is superior.  I can say though, that I'm sure my people have been doing it a lot longer then most."

 As she spoke she slowly raised her arm as she did, and soaring down from the sky came a large bird who flew down and perched itself on the leather wooden bracer she had on her arm.  The Eagle stared hungrily at the rat as Estiri smiled at the goblin.

 " History has prooven that our sides don't play nicely together.  But perhaps this instance will be different.  I'm willing to see where this path leads if you are."" she said playfully.

This message was last edited by the player at 02:13, Mon 04 Apr 2016.

Al'andra Dreazahn
 player, 74 posts
 Brilliantly choreographed
 Excellently executed
Mon 4 Apr 2016
at 03:16
Re: Temple of Heironeous
"Perhaps they all play Gods and Goddesses and we are all fools for believing in faerie tales. " she said simply, with a sideways glance at Daelin. Her impressions of the woman were clear and whatever his words had been, she showed no signs of agreeing or disagreeing with them. Al'andra was not one for games and she found the entire conversation one turn for another. Still, she longed for vengeance, and even with all her strength, she would not be able to smite the evil of this land alone.

She moved a step, drawing herself closer to Xaz, perhaps even defensively. "Let us see that you can play nicely. I would hate for our paths to cross in ways that lead to dead ends. " she turns a look down to Xaz and a half-smile grows on her face. For whatever reason, she has taken a particular likely to this creature, despite what his people are known for. Then again, if anyone knew her history there would be little to question in her choice of friends.

In this; however, she is done. She turns back to Lady Elena and allows herself to relax. "I must beg forgiveness as well, m'lady. It seems my sister's death has had created a tremendous hardship. With your permission, I would volunteer my services. After a nights rest and some of that healing you had promised earlier. Perhaps in the morning my temperament will be more inviting. "
Thort Stonering
 player, 27 posts
 AC18 HP 37
 Cur.HP 37
Tue 5 Apr 2016
at 03:12
Re: Temple of Heironeous
Daelin:
He then looks at the Dwarf. "Well fought my stout friend."


The dwarf finishes brushing the dirt from the remaining stump of his cigar and replaces it in his mouth. "Kind words to be sure," he says with an expression of puzzlement. "I cannot figure out how I survived it myself. I must've hit some nerve point or something." He introduces himself to the human, offering a meaty and calloused hand. "Name's Thort Stonering."

He turns to Estiri. "What's this about drow? Are they here? That is bad news."
Roland Stormbringer
 player, 3 posts
Tue 5 Apr 2016
at 09:37
Re: Temple of Heironeous
In reply to Al'andra Dreazahn (msg # 16):

Having secured the bounty hunter and ushered him away for healing, Roland returned to Lady Elena's side in time to hear the exchange between Al'andra and Elena. He took off his helm revealing a strong, chiseled face softened by short auburn hair and a welcoming smile and turned to Lady Elena saying, "The timing of this is only too convenient. I ask that you allow me to accompany these warriors and aid them in their quest."

Turning back to Al'andra, he continues, "I will take you and your traveling companions to our priests, but please let me begin with the healing touch of Heironeous." He removes his right guantlet and waits for Al'andra's permission to lay hands on her.


OOC: I can heal a few hit points myself but not many so this is more of a gesture than anything else.
Estiri Kaelenn
 player, 30 posts
Tue 5 Apr 2016
at 12:55
Re: Temple of Heironeous
 Estiri points casually at the dwarf. " See? I'm not the only one who has a problem with drow upon the surface. The Dwarves know full well of their wickedness and foul ways. Both of our people have endured their relentless quest to enslave us for far too long. " she said haughtily. She seemed to be getting a bit restless.

 She un slung a very slender longbow.It was so slender and finely crafted that it was hardly noticeable slung around her upper body. It had runes inscribed on it and some flowery decore painted along the shaft.  But alas she held it in her hand and unsheathed a multi color, feathered sheath arrow. She strung it in her bow and cocked it back, testing her bow's taughtness and demonstrating to the party that not only was she a mage, s was also a proficient archer, as was part of her elven heritage.

This message was last edited by the player at 12:55, Tue 05 Apr 2016.

Gef'n
 player, 27 posts
Tue 5 Apr 2016
at 14:56
Re: Temple of Heironeous
Gef'n quietly stands listening to the ongoing conversation. he was expecting the newcomer elf to have answered his question by revealing a secret power that was in fact the key to bringing peace to all elves above and below the ground. but his expectations were met, in that her claims at elven superiority was just characteristic elven hubris.
Adfydd
 player, 17 posts
Tue 5 Apr 2016
at 19:04
Re: Temple of Heironeous
In reply to Estiri Kaelenn (msg # 19):

"They are none too friendly to nature as well." the druid commented when there was a pause.

Adfydd stood next to Thort, "You are well?" he asked the dwarf. "I have some healing, if you need it."
Al'andra Dreazahn
 player, 77 posts
 Brilliantly choreographed
 Excellently executed
Wed 6 Apr 2016
at 02:07
Re: Temple of Heironeous
With a slight nod of her head, Al'andra extends an hand and arm towards roland, palm up. "You are welcome to join us, we would certainly welcome the assistance. " she casts a sideways glance towards Daelin, but she is sure he would agree, "If your patroness allows, of course. " she amends, flexing the fingers of her free hand.
Thort Stonering
 player, 28 posts
 AC18 HP 37
 Cur.HP 37
Wed 6 Apr 2016
at 03:17
Re: Temple of Heironeous
"Yes. The priests here healed my wounds," Thort says to Adfydd. "Thank you."

He's slowly catching on to what the others are talking about, learning that there is trouble with drow and orcs nearby. "Ahem," he clears his throat, shifting his cigar from one side of his mouth to the other. "If you're mounting an expedition against these orcs and dark elves, I would like to help." He looks to Adfydd and Estiri to see if they were going too.
Daelin Swiftbow
 player, 86 posts
Wed 6 Apr 2016
at 09:56
Re: Temple of Heironeous
Daelin couldn't help but smile....he liked the fact that someone asked his opinion, but Daelin wasn't a leader...he spent his time hunting and scouting alone. "Orc, drow....it matters not their skin so let's not dwell on that. We know that the fortress out there has enemies, and there may be another group of enemies. Let us focus on those facts and less on the politics of races."

The human sighed, and with Al'andra's look, he shrugged. "When I said we needed all the help we can, it was no jest. I welcome you Sir Roland....with you with us, perhaps Heironeous will smile on us" He looks at the dwarf next. "..and master Thort, I'm sure the enemy will flee with you beside us." Lastly he looks at the elvish woman. "...and your skills with the arcane and bow will surely aid us lady Estiri...such a beauitful bow will be feared ." Daelin looks her in the eye and speaks in elvish. [Language unknown:  "Les erthol pand llbedi a lar all, o Amesanthiour an ofitio...ain ch ni ne tr rimape. Riadad ng iouandith us koroveast ee undevetio stal mi i ck la str not in ousch ateithvor eenhertho era e nte oswaic ee ame ursssa omwati."]

His demeanour was neither grim nor welcoming...he was neutral and talking as if he was stating a simple fact. He looked at everyone. "You are all welcome to aide us, but all I ask is that we watch each other's backs as a team....or we will lose more friends and family" These last words he places a hand on Al'andra's shoulder. He says something in elvish [Language unknown:  "Elhincut"]

He looked around.

"....together"
Domnall
 player, 58 posts
Wed 6 Apr 2016
at 10:38
Re: Temple of Heironeous
Muttering something disparaging about heroics Domnall doffed his cap to wring it in his hands "ah the fortress" the dwarf nodded, resigned to returning there; if only for the spoils.
Adfydd
 player, 18 posts
Wed 6 Apr 2016
at 17:41
Re: Temple of Heironeous
In reply to Daelin Swiftbow (msg # 24):

"Count me in as well." the woodsman replied. "Someone has to watch your back Thort, it may as well be me."
Daelin Swiftbow
 player, 87 posts
Wed 6 Apr 2016
at 21:18
Re: Temple of Heironeous
Daelin holds his hand out and shakes the hand of Adfydd. "I gladly welcome a fellow huntsman....make my job scouting and tracking easier with another set of eyes"
Gef'n
 player, 29 posts
Wed 6 Apr 2016
at 21:27
Re: Temple of Heironeous
I will go because I could not in good conscience see you leave with out a healer.
Adfydd
 player, 19 posts
Wed 6 Apr 2016
at 22:43
Re: Temple of Heironeous
In reply to Daelin Swiftbow (msg # 27):

Adfydd took the man's hand and returned the hand shake in the spirit of friendship and kinship. "Well met, I am Adfydd. A would be happy to ad my eyes and senses to your cause." he said with a smile.

 Adfydd said bowing slightly to Al'andra. "When drow and orc are concerned there is safety in numbers. They won't face you alone. And they won't care what your politics are." he added in common.

This message was last edited by the player at 22:43, Wed 06 Apr 2016.

Daelin Swiftbow
 player, 88 posts
Thu 7 Apr 2016
at 00:05
Re: Temple of Heironeous
Daelin smiled at Gef'n, happy there was a healer with them. "I welcome your skills and wisdom my friend." He then laughed at Adfydd and slapped him in on the shoulder [Language unknown:  "Ofte heishe.....ri te k alhaei ast o esoul ofnoch era o illthusta. Ssen artsetcom Io pe foto, nc m etev K prch artanyove"]
Estiri Kaelenn
 player, 34 posts
Thu 7 Apr 2016
at 03:18
Re: Temple of Heironeous
 Estiri gracefully walks over to stand next to the dwarf.  As she did she gave a lasting look to the paladin, trying to catch his eye.  She smiles playfully to him as she passed.  She smelled of fresh wild flowers and exotic fragrances.

 She turned back to the other human and responded. [Language unknown:  " Mi areoreous.  Ha ur ta o m tr eensonoveera p dinsetenc po stawasich.  A out ti salin Antpreund llere.  Ad aiame p hi!"] she said in elven.

 " But I suggest we make haste and depart, before night falls." she said to the group in the common trade tongue.
Al'andra Dreazahn
 player, 79 posts
 Brilliantly choreographed
 Excellently executed
Thu 7 Apr 2016
at 03:25
Re: Temple of Heironeous
Al'andra closed her eyes and breathed deep, ignoring the irritation that coursed through her. Fun was not the word she would have chosen for this excursion. When she opened them again, they were the most brilliant shade of green. Perhaps it was the sheen of sadness that crept over her features that made them so bright, perhaps the light. She grew restless with this, pulling her hand back the moment Roland is finished and flexing it as if she had been burned.

"Thank you. " she manages, and shifts her weight decidedly to one side.  she says under her breath, turning an eye towards the exit.
Daelin Swiftbow
 player, 89 posts
Thu 7 Apr 2016
at 04:23
Re: Temple of Heironeous
Daelin looks at Al'andra, knowing all too well the thought path she was on. Daelin himself also had reservations with this newly formed team, but he knew first hand that without them they had a higher chance of failure. He looked at her with a look of concern. Daelin had lost friends, but she had lost a sister.

He looked at the others. "I don't know if nightfall is a good idea....drow have keen eyesight in darkness, and where some here are able to see in the darkness, I am merely human and rely on other senses in darkness. I suggest we wait for dawn to come to strike at them....the new light after the darkness will aide us more than them."

He leans into Al'andra and whispers in elvish so only she can hear. ] the look on Daelin's face was not one of deception or secrecy, but one of concern for a friend.
Al'andra Dreazahn
 player, 80 posts
 Brilliantly choreographed
 Excellently executed
Thu 7 Apr 2016
at 04:43
Re: Temple of Heironeous
Snaps her head towards Daelin as though she was not expecting him to speak. She takes a deep breath and then responds low, so as no one can hear ]She looks around, for the first time looking concerned at the company she keeps, leaning close to Daelin, a hand reaching up to touch his arm gently as she whispers. ] She pulls back and waits for his lead.

"Dawn. " she says to the others, shortly. "The best time would be dawn, as they hunger for sleep. " she pauses and shakes her head, her mind occupied for the moment elsewhere. "Better for us to rest as well, before the coming battle. "
Daelin Swiftbow
 player, 90 posts
Thu 7 Apr 2016
at 05:03
Re: Temple of Heironeous
Daelin, still a look of concern, just nods to the woman. He looks at Adfydd. "If you meet me at the gate an hour before dawn, we can scout the path ahead" He sighs and looks at the others. "...until then, I need food and rest. I will stay in the loft above the stable if anyone wants to see me." He nods at Adfydd with a slight smile, looks at Al'andra and then gives Shardrena a quick hug and lops off.

This message was last edited by the player at 05:53, Thu 07 Apr 2016.

Al'andra Dreazahn
 player, 81 posts
 Brilliantly choreographed
 Excellently executed
Thu 7 Apr 2016
at 05:10
Re: Temple of Heironeous
Al'andra nods, turning her head back to the others. "Dawn it is, or we can discuss this after the rest have rested and eaten. It has been a hard day-- for all of us. " Unlike Daelin, Al'andra does not even bother with a goodbye. She merely gives a short nod of her head, a short look towards Xaz, Shardrena, and begs her leave of Elena and Roland before she too moves away. There are personal things she will need to take care of before she is ready to aid anyone in present company further.
Estiri Kaelenn
 player, 36 posts
Thu 7 Apr 2016
at 13:03
Re: Temple of Heironeous
" What's her problem?" she whispered to the dwarf after Al'andra had gotten out of earshot, which was a good ways being she had keen elven hearing no doubt.

 " Do we want to discuss battle strategy? Has anyone here ever fought a drow?  I have only heard stories. They say those drow in high favor with the Queen of Spiders are practically immune to magic." she said sullenly to the group.

 " I suppose we could go back to the inn and talk about this.  Are you guys coming?" she said to the dwarf and the druid.  Her familiar leaped off her shoulder, which she flexed slightly, wincing in pain.  It flew off into the late afternoon sky. (?)

This message was last edited by the player at 13:04, Thu 07 Apr 2016.

Gef'n
 player, 30 posts
Thu 7 Apr 2016
at 14:28
Re: Temple of Heironeous
I never fought drow, but when i was but a wyrmling my tribe traded with the dark skins for a decade of so. they payed for our quarried stone at twice what we would have charged. there were no negotiations they just came to collect their stone and left gold all without a word.

I have overheard a few things, mainly that the favor of their goddess is a fickle thing. and despite their assertions otherwise. they are not immune to magic, just really resistant to its effects.

when it comes to battle magic against the drow, I have seem the physical world be of more use against them.
clouds of solid fog, magic that projects pure element, and magics of similar theme.


24 diplomacy check
On the note of fighting free willed creatures. Not that I expect that they all will accept the offer, but I would appreciate it if they were given the opportunity to surrender unconditionally. A thoroughly restrained, and fairly treated individual can be a excellent source of information.
Within every person there is a fragment of good, if that fragment can be reached then perhaps their soul can be redeemed.

Adfydd
 player, 20 posts
Thu 7 Apr 2016
at 15:45
Re: Temple of Heironeous
In reply to Estiri Kaelenn (msg # 37):

"Until then Daelin." Adfydd said with a slight bow of the head.

"Don't mind her Estiri, she seems to be under a bit of stress. I'm sure she meant no offense." the druid offered. "And yes, I'm coming." he said smiling as he joined her. "Come on Thort, I'll buy you a victory round!"
Roland Stormbringer
 player, 6 posts
Thu 7 Apr 2016
at 16:21
Re: Temple of Heironeous

This message was deleted by the player at 01:50, Fri 08 Apr 2016.

Gef'n
 player, 31 posts
Thu 7 Apr 2016
at 17:30
Re: Temple of Heironeous
town of Ashwick #16:
Is there some tasks I can do for you to earn some bread and water as well as a spot on the floor to sleep for the night.


black crow inn #22:
May I have a small bit of water please.


Gef'n having been offered no task by the priestess, to earn bread and water; and offered no generosity at the inn. Gef'n is awakened outside the town gates, by the sound of the approach of a horse and rider in the inside of the closed town gates.

Gefn opens his eyes and swallows hard to attempt to make some saliva coat his mouth. His stomach rumbles for any amount of food or water, but Gef'n ignores it and begins his morning prayers while graping the crude mud sculpture of a dragon he made as a wyrmling, he focuses his thoughts on the divine power of Bahamut.


Great dragon father, I thank you for another beautiful day whith wich I may bring glory to you and your righteous children. I thank you for the trials you give my, and pray that through them i may strengthen my spirit, and my faith.

looking around the sun has not yet risen but he can feel the coming dawn. he stands and gathers his only three possessions, his cloak, staff, and holy symbol and waits for his companions to exit the locked and barred town gates.
Elena
 NPC, 1 post
Thu 7 Apr 2016
at 18:18
Re: Temple of Heironeous
"You are all obviously quite tired and wounded. Also, our enemy only grows stronger at night. So it would be wise to start the expedition in the morning." Elena gets up from her seat and addresses your whole group. "You may spend the night here, if you wish. Afterwards, should you be interested in exploring that orc fortress and those drow tunnels, come to the temple gates at dawn. I shall be waiting there for you."
She then turns to Roland Stormbringer. "Sir Stormbringer, please take the wounded to the healers and afterwards, give them something to eat and beds to sleep in, should they wish to spend the night here. You will join the expedition as well, since you have volunteered for this task. May you bring glory to Heironeous."

This message was last edited by the player at 18:19, Thu 07 Apr 2016.

Daelin Swiftbow
 player, 92 posts
Thu 7 Apr 2016
at 22:42
Re: Temple of Heironeous
Daelin, up an hour before dawn, waited at the outside of the gate, eager to be on his way. He had been there a few minutes when he noticed the sleeping form of the dragon priest, Gef'n. Daelin had hoped that his friends had at least helped to convince the town to harbour him, but sometimes old fears lingered.

Daelin snapped out of his thoughts to see him moving, and the hunter smiled. He paced over to him."Gef'n...if I had known you'd sleep in the wilds I would have stayed with you. May I sit while I wait for the Druid?" The ranger reached in and pulled out a loaf of bread and an apple, tearing the loaf in half, he offered the half loaf and Apple to him.

"Not a feast by any standards, but I usually eat while I hunt so travel light. You need your strength to aide us today my small friend."
Gef'n
 player, 34 posts
Fri 8 Apr 2016
at 00:39
Re: Temple of Heironeous

This message was deleted by the player at 02:12, Fri 08 Apr 2016.

Roland Stormbringer
 player, 9 posts
Fri 8 Apr 2016
at 01:56
Re: Temple of Heironeous
In reply to Elena (msg # 42):

"Right away my lady. Heironeous' grace be with you while I am away." Roland bowed and then turned to the party members who hadn't departed on their own, saying "Please follow me." He showed them the rooms they would sleep in first and then asked the wounded to follow him further to have the other priests use their healing prayers to bring them relief. After ensuring all were healed, Roland took his leave to prepare for the next day.

Roland was eager to set out on a quest against evil. He had hoped that his next quest would be with a group of other worshipers of Heironeous, but all who oppose evil are allies of Heironeous, whether they know it or not.

This message was last edited by the player at 06:49, Fri 08 Apr 2016.

Thort Stonering
 player, 29 posts
 AC18 HP 37
 Cur.HP 37
Fri 8 Apr 2016
at 02:43
Re: Temple of Heironeous
Thort shrugs at Estiri's question regarding Al'andra. "Who can say?" He chuckles at Adfydd. "I can't say that I disagree. Although that's usually Meri's job." He pats the mastiff on her head.

He accepts Elena's offer of a room. "The town is secure? I thought that I heard someone say that there was a raiding party or something about."
Adfydd
 player, 21 posts
Fri 8 Apr 2016
at 23:09
Re: Temple of Heironeous
In reply to Daelin Swiftbow (msg # 43):

Adfydd had awoke in the pre-dawn hours. He didn't like sleeping inside, and he didn't like leaving Tundra to fend for himself. He was big and cunning enough to look out for himself now, but the Druid had raised the wolf since he found him orphaned as a pup. The two of them were rarely apart.

The woodsman had left the "city" for the grove where he had left Tundra well before first light. He sensed the wolf's presence long before he could see him. They greeted each other as if had been a week since they parted ways.

"We're going to help a group of people hunt the darkskin elves boy." he said scratching his friend behind the ears. "I need you to wait here a bit longer. I will call for you when it's time for the hunt." He said dropping a chunk of meat on the ground next to the wolf..."Soon." he added as he turned to make his way back to town.

He stepped out of the edge of the woods, and walked towards his companions who were already gathering. "Good morn to you all!" he called when he came within earshot.

He stopped as he came to where Gef'n and Daelin were sitting sharing a morning meal. He looked at the strange "lizardman" before commenting. "I'm sorry, we've never been introduced properly. My name is Adfydd, archer and woodsman. Please forgive my rudeness for staring, but I have never met one of your kind before." he said still looking at Gef'n. "May I join you gentlemen in breaking fast?" he said sitting down next to them before they could answer.

This message was last edited by the player at 23:11, Fri 08 Apr 2016.

Gef'n
 player, 36 posts
Fri 8 Apr 2016
at 23:38
Re: Temple of Heironeous
Gef'n greets the new arrival, happily.

Yes a kobold in public is a rare sight, and rarer still is one who can trace their direct bloodline to a bronze true dragon
Dungeon Master
 GM, 284 posts
Sat 9 Apr 2016
at 23:17
Re: Temple of Heironeous
The dawn comes soon enough and as your group meets up near the temple gates. All except Shardrena, who decides to stay in the temple and train with the priests of Heironeous. While conversing, priestess Elena

"I have prepared some travelling rations for you. It's not far, but who knows how long you will be out there." she then summons two paladins, who hand you a few backpacks full supplies, to be distributed among you. She also gives a wand of Cure Light Wounds to Roland. "I pray that you won't need it." And Elena then turns to the matter at hand.
"We don't know much about this drow-orc alliance and your discovery of that camp is very troubling indeed. Particularly how close to the town it is. All this time, they have been right under our nose." she sighs and looks towards the hill in the distance.
"I would have you return to that camp. Come back with whatever information you can get. Try to atleast assess their strength, capture one of them, a scout, patrol, whomever can shed some light on their activities. Shuld they prove too strong for your group, return here and we can try staging an all out attack on their encampment."

"Go now, I will pray for you all and I will see to it that you are compensated for your troubles once this is all over. May lord Heironeous give you stregth in the coming battles."

Assuming no one has any questions, she bids you all farewell and you journey back to the warcamp.

This message was last edited by the GM at 23:17, Sat 09 Apr 2016.

Al'andra Dreazahn
 player, 95 posts
 Brilliantly choreographed
 Excellently executed
Sun 10 Apr 2016
at 00:10
Re: Temple of Heironeous
Al'andra, despite her late evening, was up early. With her gear assembled, she was otherwise ready for the trip and would be knowingly leaving a piece of herself here behind her. Her conversations had been many and long, and several candles had been run through before she found the sleep she had so desperately needed. Coming from a small room, righting her armor into place, she had run into the master swordsman. The pair had struck up a conversation and discussed the concerns of the coming day. Although he was unable to come with them, he offered some insightful information and in parting had given to her his prize from the previous days win. She had been truly humbled and thanked him.

Her move greatly improved, she had exerted her energies to less pleasant details. It had taken some time, but she had managed to find Lady Elena and discussed with her in great lengths the loss of her sister. Al'andra was not a believer of faith. In truth, she had no belief that such great beings existed and was more inclined to believe that if they did they had shown her such distaste and hate that they did not deserve her attentions anyways.

It meant that she knew little of the workings of the religions and knew little of what steps were to be taken in regards to her sisters passing. Lady Elena had been more than understanding and had offered to take care of any such dealings that were required to ensure her sisters resting and offered to dispatch a message to her sisters temple to inform them of her parting from this world so that they might also make any offerings they so wished in her honor. With a heavy heart, Al'andra had left and roamed the streets, embracing a darkness that had begun to sink into her very soul until she found herself back and able to rest if only for a few short hours.

Now she stood, thanking Lady Elena for her gracious hospitality and promising to do as they could to rid the threat that plagued the small town. Before parting she moved towards the newcomers of the group and stood before them. Her disinterest or distaste could be stated as evident, but it was hard to tell what was Al'andra's personality and what was her true feeling. Instead, she silently held out a gift to Estiri and Adfydd. She doesn't even bother acknowledging Thort. So much for her good mood.

"Can't have you dying on us. " was all she stated before walking off to lead the way.
Daelin Swiftbow
 player, 97 posts
Sun 10 Apr 2016
at 08:50
Re: Temple of Heironeous
As the group slowly start turning up, the ranger is already waiting in the new light of day. The ranger had spent his time well, preparing himself for the task at hand...physically and mentally. He held a bow that was new to him, but superior to his old one...taken from the drow archer. He also had a different cloak, instead of his dark green one he had a dark grey that seemed to shimmer with movement.

The ranger stood, leaning on a building, eating an apple. He nodded greetings at all who came, with warm smiles. He heard Al'andra's comments to the new three and just smiled and winked at her. He looked at the Druid. "Why don't we take point Adfydd. You cover left, myself right. Maybe if we stay a little ahead of the group, we can check the trail as we go."
Adfydd
 player, 22 posts
Mon 11 Apr 2016
at 19:14
Re: Temple of Heironeous
In reply to Al'andra Dreazahn (msg # 50):

When Gef'n replied, the druid smiled and nodded, "I suppose you're right. Anyway, it's a pleasure to meet you Gef'n. Hopefully we will have time to speak further as we travel together, I should like to find out more about your kind, and your religion."

When the elf woman approached holding out her hand, Adfydd reached out to recieve what was offered. "Thank you Lady Al'andra." Adfydd replied taking her gift and placing it around his neck.

Adfydd nodded when Daelin suggested he take left point. "If you come across a large gray wolf, don't shoot him. He's with us."
Estiri Kaelenn
 player, 37 posts
Wed 13 Apr 2016
at 20:46
Re: Temple of Heironeous
 Estiri takes the cloak and holds it out in front of her as she admired it. She smiled and hugged the cloak tightly in glee.

 " I love it! Thank you!" she said. She spoke a word of magic which revealed all the magical auras endowed on the cloak. She watched the magic dance across her new cloak in satisfied awe.