The Caravan.   Posted by Dungeon Master.Group: 0
Meekina D'Lork
 player, 107 posts
 She who is unlike
 is gift of Gods requited
Wed 9 Mar 2016
at 01:24
The Caravan
As everyone discussed, the wee halfling had remained silent. Watching from one to the other in disbelief. She couldn't believe what she was hearing! They had all nearly perished only a day before and yet they were talking of taking a death march into the heart of the territory and for what? So that they might stop a force that might cause trouble? No. No, no, no! This was not what this little halfling had expected when she had joined a caravan. It was enough to have almost died in a surprise attack, one of which she still felt in her bones, but it was another to put one's self willingly in danger.

"You're all mad! You've no idea as t'a what awaits you t'ere!"she finally manages when the big folk have calmed down for a moment. All this talk of living a moment in place of a mile, it made her head spin! No. This little halfling knew when it was more than she could handle. Never a one to be quiet, she shakes her head. "I 'ope the Gods smile favorably on you, t'a be sure, but I'll not along on such a mission that can only end in my 'ead on a pike! " With a pause and a curtsy the wee lass bounds away, seemingly putting as much distance as she can as quickly as she can.
S'Faer
 player, 14 posts
 Man's best friend or
 in this case, Halflings
Wed 9 Mar 2016
at 01:25
The Caravan
The big dog seems torn. He looks towards Meekina, than back to his big people friends, than back to Meekina and whimpers. With a final bark, he sadly stalks off after his little person.
Ardul'ssysn Sethomiir
 player, 48 posts
Wed 9 Mar 2016
at 01:41
The Caravan
She stands there and listens to them, it was a shame that the mage that come with them was a male for she would surely try to sneak into the camp and discover more information on the set up of the enemy's camp.

With a ring in her hand she walks over to Johan and places it in his hand.  Then turns to walk back to her former location by the fire.
Johan von Scharnhorst
 player, 57 posts
Wed 9 Mar 2016
at 03:25
The Caravan
"Fare thee well, Meekina!" Johan calls with a touch of sadness. He liked the halfling and her positive spirit, it will be missed. "And you too, S'Faer! I shall not forget you, my four legged warrior friend!" But soon his sadness turned to puzzlement as the drow woman presented him with a precious, precious gift. He refused it, as honor dictated that he must, but she was having none of it. (OOC: I'm assuming here for the sake of the story, not trying to put words into Ardul'ssysn's mouth. Please let me know if I'm overstepping the bounds of good play.) At last he bows his head in humble acquiescence. "You do me a great honor, fair lady!" He bows and pauses for a moment wondering if being called 'fair' would be an insult to the drow. He decides to skip past it quickly. "May Rao grant you his Peace!"

Before the caravan can move on Johan calls out. "Domnall! Perhaps the caravan master or one of his merchants will give us a fair price for the orc gear." He gives a quick wink.
Ardul'ssysn Sethomiir
 player, 49 posts
Wed 9 Mar 2016
at 03:35
The Caravan
She wanted to make sure that he was well protected if they were going to be fighting the band of orcs and her kin.  He was a fighter and would rush in foolishly without thinking, possibly.

"May Kirith Sotheril keep you protected from fowl magic.
Targg
 player, 86 posts
Wed 9 Mar 2016
at 03:48
The Caravan
"So, who all is in the actual party there are so many people around coming and going...."
Jade Malon
 player, 3 posts
 Half-Elf, Cleric 1, HP 11
 Celestial/Healing Domain
Wed 9 Mar 2016
at 03:51
The Caravan
As the group prepares to disembark, another comes into view. The figure walks slowly towards the assembled group. As they near, it is clear the newcomer is a woman, she is of average height and build, head bowed to watch her step. In her left hand she holds a Quarterstaff, it's fall marking her path as she makes her way towards them, the other hand gently lifts her skirts from the ground so that her steps are easier.

When at last she is near enough, she raises her head and hand. "Please, wait, " she calls in a delicate voice. A smile touches her lips as she comes closer and sets her staff before coming to a stop.

"Pardon the intrusion, " she begins, apologetically. "There was some commotion with the caravan and one could not help but overhear of your intent. " she pauses to take a look around, taking stock of who is among the travelers.

"Forgive me, I have not introduced. I am Jade Malon, Cleric of Aea. If you have need of my services in your task, I would like to offer them. " Her right hand comes to rest lightly at her waist before she continues, "I have seen the devastation of a single raid. If there is any chance to prevent further calamity, then I would like a chance to help. Please. " With that she stops and awaits a reply, gently flexing the hand on her staff as she does so.

In that moment, she takes stock of the group, a rather rag-tag bunch, and yet there is much hope she sees and something else. Determination perhaps. The halfling woman who had joined the main caravan had rambled on as in madness of a small group setting off to do battle. While the lass could find no reason to subject herself to certain death, Jade could not see a reason as to not offer her services. Witnessing the dead and the dying, the injured and suffering. It was easy to take her leave and move on to find this group. She may not be much in the way of a fighter, but she had many other skills that could be of aid along the way and she hoped they would allow her the chance to prove them.
Johan von Scharnhorst
 player, 60 posts
Wed 9 Mar 2016
at 04:04
The Caravan
"Welcome, Jade Malon," Johan gives a small bow, and the words of Domnall come to his mind - "pointy ears can be tricksey". He wonders if perhaps they could have sent a spy to check on their raiders already. He straightens and looks with his searching gray eyes into Jade's. (Detecting Evil, and assuming that I find none.) "Yes, we go to discover the source of the raiders and keep the roads safe," he says, his eyes growing warmer and a smile stretches his face. He introduces himself, and those of the party nearby who do not introduce themselves. "Speaking for myself, I welcome the company of a servant of Aea."
Targg
 player, 89 posts
Wed 9 Mar 2016
at 04:05
The Caravan
"Just like I said coming and going all the time I cant keep track."
Shrugs his hands hitting his hips after
"Welcome Jade, are you opposed to fighting thug orc raiders or drow leiutenants directing them? Also there will be danger and arrows shall rain from the heavens. You good with all that?"
Jade Malon
 player, 5 posts
 Half-Elf, Cleric 1, HP 11
 Celestial/Healing Domain
Wed 9 Mar 2016
at 04:14
The Caravan
The gentle smile on her face grows slightly at the welcome from both Targg and Johan. She nods gently to each in turn, putting name to face as introductions are made. "Aea will be most pleased by your noble efforts. I only hope I may do her justice. " The softness of her voice is reflective as she turns her eyes to Targg at his question.

" I may not be as skilled a fighter as many of the noble warriors I see before me, Sir. But I have a trick or two up my sleeve if that is what you ask. My life and death are to my purpose, " she answers directly, hoping the answer to be an adequate response.
Targg
 player, 92 posts
Wed 9 Mar 2016
at 04:35
The Caravan
"I don't really do noble."
Jade Malon
 player, 7 posts
 Half-Elf, Cleric 1, HP 11
 Celestial/Healing Domain
Wed 9 Mar 2016
at 04:40
The Caravan
Jade pauses, a slight cant of her head as she reflects. " Your presence dictates otherwise sir. Much as beauty is, Nobleness can also be in the eye of the beholder, " she comments with another smile.
Shardrena
 player, 116 posts
Wed 9 Mar 2016
at 05:06
The Caravan
"Noble?" Shardrena scoffed. "Tis merely a necessity. It is only natural to put down a mad dog, after all. I have my own Quest. But this is something that must be done."

After preforming a final check of her pack she shouldered it. "Well, are you coming?"
Targg
 player, 94 posts
Wed 9 Mar 2016
at 05:25
The Caravan
In reply to Shardrena (msg # 204):

*Points to Shardrena to show his agreeance*
Daelin Swiftbow
 player, 44 posts
Wed 9 Mar 2016
at 08:49
The Caravan
Daelin felt a little sorry for the leaving of the halfling...he liked her, and he really liked S'Faer (but he liked most animals). Never the less, he did not blame Meekina for leaving. They were hunting a group that had possible drow, and most defiantly orcs. Upon the arrival of jade, the human smiled and spoke in the elvin language. [Language unknown:  "Niantisa dimo-eewe He lo inndes Nc, serom canoet ecndwh eve somre"] He placed his middle and index finger to his forehead, lips and hen his fist over his heart [Language unknown:  ...i lindaycom ershasnce bleenc'omeich ivplhi her onha meneen'ainday ho tinughame eve pa, nce is osurai era thaorente, ce usos ionsannce el k ounio onestrone.]

He smiled at her, and winked at Shardrena. "Come cousin, let us rid this area of the orc so we can talk more on this quest of your that we will do." He looks at Shardrena with a smile. "...you think i'll let my cousin face such evil alone....not on your life. My mother and yours will be upset if i let you go and hurt yourself without me." Hechuckles then looks to the mountains. "...plus i don't want to miss out on the fun."
Jade Malon
 player, 8 posts
 Half-Elf, Cleric 1, HP 11
 Celestial/Healing Domain
Wed 9 Mar 2016
at 17:05
The Caravan
Jade wisely says nothing further on the subject of nobility. Of course, in her mind it is not so black and white. There are many of the caravan, such as a small halfling, who would not find their actions so easily tread. Her thoughts did not stray long before she was greeted by another. To her surprise, the male-- clearly human, greeted her in her traditional language. She repeated the gesture with a slight bow of her head at the welcome. [Language unknown:  "Nde toma esesweck an Era eventilat ev sa to forshesom." ] she replies, then watches as he joins the young female.

Another surprise. 'A story within every book, an exciting adventure to be told in each page'. She looked forward to the adventure of learning more of them all. The memory brings a smile of fondness to her lips. As she has clearly been welcomed, she gathers the end of her skirts and makes to follow.
Targg
 player, 97 posts
Wed 9 Mar 2016
at 17:44
The Caravan
"I mean we not goign to kill every orc now...."
Xaz
 player, 51 posts
 Goblin Wizard
Wed 9 Mar 2016
at 18:17
The Caravan
"Nobility... bah. Everyone is out for themselves and does whatever they can to survive. That's all." grumbles Xaz as he rejoins the group. "Speaking of which, I'll go with you. That dark elf had some interesting stuff and there's bound to be more where he came from. So, let's go find some more."

"And before anyone else gets the wrong idea, no, I am not with them."
Targg
 player, 99 posts
Wed 9 Mar 2016
at 18:21
The Caravan
"Me either, neither is that Drow over there..."
Domnall
 player, 23 posts
Thu 10 Mar 2016
at 22:18
The Caravan
It didn't take any persuasion from Johan, Domnall was happy to squeeze every copper bit from the merchants. The dwarf smiled and wagged his beard "quicker than you can say give me a silver and it shall be done" the little dwarf gave the paladin a devious wink. He gathered together the spoils from their battle although he did hang a shortbow over one shoulder and pack twelve arrows in his pack. It seemed prudent to be able to defend himself if they were going to enter into the orc territory. Also earwigging the others as they planned it seemed good to take a few rags from the bodies to disguise himself if he needed it later on. Better to look like a bit like an orc from a distance. Domnall could talk himself out of most scrapes but he didn't understand or speak a word of orcish he lamented.

It was not a worry that he wore on his face, in fact his smile was bigger than his massive ears or bulbous nose as he swaggered to the merchants before the caravan left "gather around, gather around, the pick of the treasure and yours for so little coin it'll like I robbing myself" he proclaimed as he laid out the trove for their examination as he rubbed his little fingers together and continued to smile greedily.

OOC Sell spoils (orc weapons and armour) to merchants in the caravan. Create himself an orc disguise.

Johan does not detect any Evil on Domnall.

22:07, Today: Domnall rolled 7 using 1d20+2 with rolls of 5.  Make an orc disguise.

22:01, Today: Domnall rolled 31 using 1d20+11 with rolls of 20.  Diplomacy - Sell weapons.
22:01, Today: Domnall rolled 11 using 1d20+9 with rolls of 2.  Appraise orc weapons.

This message was last edited by the player at 22:22, Thu 10 Mar 2016.

Ardul'ssysn Sethomiir
 player, 51 posts
Fri 11 Mar 2016
at 02:32
The Caravan
She was very quiet for the whole conversation on going after the orcs and a few Drow that was with them.  But Xaz did have a good point, if there was more Drow there surely they would have nice items from their House or Houses.

Seeing that Jade may not of been around any Drow in her life she smiled as she moved away from the fire to give her a full view of the beauty that was hers to give.
Jade Malon
 player, 13 posts
 Half-Elf, Cleric 1, HP 11
 Celestial/Healing Domain
Fri 11 Mar 2016
at 06:20
The Caravan
As others join in the conversation, Jade remains quiet and reflective. While those who know her would know there is much she would debate in the things that were said, those here would only see patience and interest on the woman's face. Indeed, there were many in this world who were out for themselves, Jade could not argue with that, and of course there were prizes to be won, honor to be earned and claimed. However; it was readily apparent that not all would be so willing to risk life and limb for the chance of fortune. Many of the caravan were more content to think only of saving themselves, and therefore, in her eyes, the sign of nobility remained.

Clearly, though, this view was not shared and though she enjoyed a healthy discussion, these were strangers and she wished not to argue over something so small and meaningless.

So lost in these thoughts, and in the amusement of the talk about her, she misses the movements of Ardul'ssysn completely. There was a small shock at the Goblin, only because he, too, was out of her sight and then suddenly within it. It was a rather diverse group and she found more than a scholarly interest in speaking with many of them, and her first chance came when the Drow stepped into view.

To say Jade looked shocked was perhaps not an adequate description. For while Ardul'ssysn' assumptions were correct, Jade had indeed never seen a live Drow in her life, she did indeed know of them, and knew some aspects of them in great details thanks to a rather friendless childhood.

"Why, you're Drow!" she exclaims, not in surprise, but in great interest. Her eyes light, lips falling open as she takes in the figure before her, though she is nothing like the creatures she had read in the books of her youth. This woman seemed almost pleasant and so lovely and regal. Jade stepped forward eagerly as a smile took place on her lips. Then, she held up her free hand and indicated with a single figure that a moment was needed as she closed her eyes. Her lips moved, head slightly nodding with each formed shape and then her eyes open as she recited [Language unknown: E adteng enc he os wheingichnce om sti herlatnte]

She then bows her head reverently before looking up with an expectant look on her face. "Did I say that right?"

This message was last edited by the player at 15:14, Fri 11 Mar 2016.

Shardrena
 player, 120 posts
Fri 11 Mar 2016
at 09:54
The Caravan
Were all quests this slow to get moving? Without any prior experience it was difficult to say. But on some level she knew such preparations were important. After all, haste could mean one's death. And yet she burned with the need to get this over with. She could feel the anger growing once more. That would get her killed. She needed calm, control. Slowly Shardrena began to breath in and out. Her hands clenched and released over and over. And painstakingly slowly she managed to reign in her explosive temper... This time.
Ardul'ssysn Sethomiir
 player, 52 posts
Fri 11 Mar 2016
at 16:18
The Caravan
Her eyebrow arched slightly when Jade began to speak to her in Undercommon, but then smiled.

"It is nice to meet you too Jade, I am Arul'ssysn Sethomiir.  I hope your travels didn't cause you too much trouble with my kin. she spoke to her in common.  There was no need to confuse the party and think that she was part of the Orcs band.  Even if here with them to support their success.
Dungeon Master
 GM, 135 posts
Fri 11 Mar 2016
at 17:06
The Caravan
Domnal manages to find a wealthy merchant among the travelling trades and manages to convince him to buy the Though initially reluctant, the dwarf's sharp tongue and great bargaining skills prove more then enough to win him over. At the end of this little chat, Domnal's coin pouch is significantly heavier.

Domnall manages to gain 450gp this way.