The Caravan.   Posted by Dungeon Master.Group: 0
Ardul'ssysn Sethomiir
 player, 16 posts
Wed 24 Feb 2016
at 20:56
The Caravan
OOC: Looking over the battlefield, who all do I see standing?
Dungeon Master
 GM, 54 posts
Wed 24 Feb 2016
at 21:10
The Caravan
Orc Archer 1 becomes Entangled, Orc Archer 2 doesn't.

DC 13:

Dungeon Master, for the NPC Orc Archer 2, rolled 20 using 1d20+2 with rolls of 18.  Reflex Save.
Dungeon Master, for the NPC Orc Archer 1, rolled 3 using 1d20+2 with rolls of 1.  Reflex Save.

Dungeon Master
 GM, 55 posts
Wed 24 Feb 2016
at 21:15
The Caravan
Round 3

 01020304050607080910111213141516171819202122
A                      
B                      
C                      
D                      
E        OA1  OA2          
F                      
G                      
H                      
I                      
J        OW1 OBOW3OW4         
K   Tg    SFJoBt           
L        MD ShWD Xaz        
M       Do    AS         
N       Da              
O          Brd           

Enemies:

OW1 - Orc Warriors - AC 11 (Touch 8) (Entangled)
OW3 and 4 - Orc Warriors (Unconcious, Helpless for 6 rounds)
OB - Orc Barbarian - AC 12 (Touch 9)
OA1 - Orc Archer - AC 13 (Touch 10) (Entangled)
OA2 - Orc Archer - AC 15 (Touch 12)

Allies

AS - Ardul'ssysn Sethomiir
Jo - Johan
Do - Domnal
SF - S'Faer
Xaz - Xaz
WD - Warlan
MD - Meekina (Unconcious, Stabilized)
Sh - Shardrena
Tg - Targg
Da - Daelin
Brd - Bard
Bt - Beetle

Initiative

Ardul'ssysn Sethomiir - 22
Daelin Swiftbow - 20
Orc Archer 2 - 18
Orc Archer 1 - 17
Shardrena - 16
Meekina - 15
Orc Warrior 1 - 13
Bard - 12
Xaz - 10
Domnal - 9
Johan - 8
Warlan - 6
Targg - 5
Orc Barbarian - 5

Line J and Higher are under the Entangle spell.

This message was last edited by the GM at 22:49, Wed 24 Feb 2016.

Shardrena
 player, 53 posts
Wed 24 Feb 2016
at 22:27
The Caravan
Several of her companions were down. while she wasn't really on good terms with most of them, the brutal attack was already causing her to see red. With an angry snarl Shardrena circled around Warlan. She was still coherent enough to know charging strait into the enemy's midst was a suicidal move, barely. Her initial plan was to reposition and launch another arcane bolt at the orcs. That plan was abandoned when out of the corner of her eye she saw blood covering the dark skinned drow.

Coherent thought faded into blind fury. The elven woman moved forward and swung her morningstar with all her might at one of the orcs. In her rage she didn't consider how poor of a choice this was. She  was only focused upon her target, and the all consuming need to see it dead. And if anyone looked into her eyes they would see rage. Rage far beyond what one would expect from an elf. Beyond what most could pull forth. One could almost swear tendrils of smoke were curling out from her nose and mouth too. But that was silly. Elves couldn't do that.

"I'LL EAT YOUR HEART FOR THAT!" She screamed at the top of her lungs.

OOC:
Move action: L11 start, M12, L13, K14 end
Standard Action: attack orc warrior 4 with morningstar

+3 to-hit, 1d8+3 damage if connects
16:16, Today: Shardrena rolled 9 using 1d20+3 with rolls of 6.  Morningstar attack roll.
16:17, Today: Shardrena rolled 11 using 1d8+3 with rolls of 8.  damage (if hits).

Targg
 player, 1 post
Thu 25 Feb 2016
at 17:53
The Caravan
Hearing the unmistakable sounds of battle after coming out of his own combat the large man comes out of the brush and quickly surveys the scene, finding his enemy was easy enough he had been fighting them moments ago and here were more. His enemy had other enemies, good. The number of archers favored the orcs, he would fix that.
He moved his large frame directly at the nearest orc archer.

OOC: Sling Attack at OA1

OOC: 12:55, Today: Targg rolled 14 using 1d20+3 with rolls of 11.  sling attack on orc archer 1.
12:57, Today: Targg rolled 7 using 1d4+3 with rolls of 4.  sling damage.

OOC: Dodge feat targeting the remaining archer

This message was last edited by the player at 16:43, Sat 27 Feb 2016.

Ardul'ssysn Sethomiir
 player, 18 posts
Sat 27 Feb 2016
at 02:51
The Caravan
In her position laying on the ground she wanted to see if she was able to determine if there was another enemy that was very close to deaths door so that she might send him there by a missile in the chest.
S'Faer
 player, 3 posts
 Man's best friend or
 in this case, Halflings
Sat 27 Feb 2016
at 04:43
The Caravan
S'Faer easily avoids the orc's attack and readies himself for another lunge. Teeth bared and snarling, he takes aim and arches himself towards the Orc, sinking his teeth into the meaty flesh. Making his mark, he shakes his head to make as ragged a wound as possible. This was for his fallen companion, worry would not distract him now.


Attack OW1 - Bite - 20:37, Today: S'Faer rolled 16 using 1d20+3 ((13))
A Hit! A palpable hit!
20:42, Today: S'Faer rolled 7 using 1d6+3 ((4))

Domnall
 player, 9 posts
Sat 27 Feb 2016
at 10:56
The Caravan
He kept an eye on the battle but didn't want to draw any attention to himself. The dwarf curled up and hoped to be ignored.
Ardul'ssysn Sethomiir
 player, 19 posts
Sat 27 Feb 2016
at 12:45
The Caravan
With her finger pointing she sends a missile into the chest of Orc Archer that just got hit from behind.

Keeping a watchful eye as to not get anyone attention, after having one arrow in her she don't want another.

07:44, Today: Ardul'ssysn Sethomiir rolled 5 using 1d4+1 with rolls of 4.  Magic Missiles.
Xaz
 player, 24 posts
 Goblin Wizard
Sat 27 Feb 2016
at 12:50
The Caravan
After using his strongest spells and realizing that he is now out in the open, Xaz began to think about his own protection and cast a magical shield to protect himself from the remaining orcs.

Cast Mage Armor.
Warlan Dartalon
 player, 19 posts
Sat 27 Feb 2016
at 14:20
The Caravan
Warlan holds up his shield. Keeping it up for protection he drops back from the line now that his summoned Beetle can take his place.

He moves over to Meekina and checks his condition. He focus's his energy through his holy symbol and healing Meekina a minor amount.


OOC:
Moves from L12>M11>M10>M9
Warlan Dartalon rolled 12 using 1d20+5 with rolls of 7,  Heal to check his condition.
Cure Minor Wounds, 0 level: Cures 1 point of damage.

Saving my 1 last spell to heal if someone else gets in trouble.

Dungeon Master
 GM, 60 posts
Sat 27 Feb 2016
at 16:38
The Caravan
Ardul'ssysn casts Magic Missile at Orc Archer 1, hitting him for 5 damage.

Daelin misjudged the distance and sent the arrow higher then he needed to and as such his arrow flew right over the orc's head.

Orc Archer 1 also had trouble aiming, what with the vines constricting him and his arrow missed the mark.

Sensing his weakness, Orc Archer 2 tried to finish off Johan, but the Paladin managed to stay on his feet. Even if it was obvious he couldn't resist for long.

Dungeon Master, for the NPC Orc Archer 2, rolled 20 using 1d20+3 with rolls of 17.  Attack.
Dungeon Master, for the NPC Orc Archer 2, rolled 2 using 1d6 with rolls of 2.  Damage.

Johan takes 2 damage and is now down to 1 HP.


Shardrena flies into a rage and finishes off the unconcious Orc Warrior 4.

The plants finally manage to entangle Orc Archer 2. S'Faer attacks Orc Warrior 1 and rips his throat out, killing him.

The Bard moves to Meekina and continues to sing the elven healing song. He touches Meekina and with a spell he heals the worst of her wounds.

Dungeon Master, for the NPC Bard, rolled 9 using 1d8+3 with rolls of 6.  Cure Light Wounds.

Meekina now has 6 HP and is concious.


Warlan heals Meekina and she now has 7 HP.

Xaz cast's his protective spell and Domnall manages to avoid any further "attention".

Seeing that his original target is dead, Johan instead attacks the Orc Barbarian and his vicious strike is almost enough to drop him. Heavily wounded, the Orc Barbarian screams with pain and rage as it turns it's attention towards Johan. But before he can take his revenge, Warlan's beetle attacks him and finishes him off.

Dungeon Master, for the NPC Beetle, rolled 20 using 1d20+1 with rolls of 19.  Attack. No point in rolling for damage, he had 1 HP left.

Targg shoots with his sling at Orc Archer 1 and knocks him out cold.
Dungeon Master
 GM, 61 posts
Sat 27 Feb 2016
at 16:44
The Caravan
Round 4

 01020304050607080910111213141516171819202122
A                      
B                      
C                      
D                      
E           OA2          
F                      
G                      
H                      
I                      
J         Jo            
K   Tg    SF Bt  Sh        
L        MDWD   Xaz        
M       DoBrd   AS         
N       Da              
O                      

Enemies:

OW3 - Orc Warrior (Unconcious, Helpless for 5 rounds) - Located at J12
OA2 - Orc Archer - AC 13 (Touch 10) (Entangled)

Allies

AS - Ardul'ssysn Sethomiir
Jo - Johan
Do - Domnal
SF - S'Faer
Xaz - Xaz
WD - Warlan
MD - Meekina (Unconcious, Stabilized)
Sh - Shardrena
Tg - Targg
Da - Daelin
Brd - Bard
Bt - Beetle

Initiative

Ardul'ssysn Sethomiir - 22
Daelin Swiftbow - 20
Orc Archer 2 - 18
Shardrena - 16
Meekina - 15
Bard - 12
Xaz - 10
Domnal - 9
Johan - 8
Warlan - 6
Targg - 5

Line J and Higher are under the Entangle spell.

The only enemy still standing is the Orc Archer 2. Orc Warrior 3 is unconcious.

This message was last edited by the GM at 16:44, Sat 27 Feb 2016.

Dungeon Master
 GM, 62 posts
Sat 27 Feb 2016
at 17:05
The Caravan
The Orc Archer 2 does his best to steady his aim in spite of the vines, but he doesn't seem to have the will to continue fighting. As a final desperate action, he takes aim at Warlan...

Dungeon Master, for the NPC Orc Archer 2, rolled 19 using 1d20-1 with rolls of 20.  Attack.
Dungeon Master, for the NPC Orc Archer 2, rolled 16 using 1d20-1 with rolls of 17.  Confirm Critical.
Dungeon Master, for the NPC Orc Archer 2, rolled 14 using 3d6 with rolls of 5,3,6.  Crit Damage.

Oh dear. Unless Ardul'ssysn and Dalin manage to drop him first, Warlan is hit for 14 damage and gets taken down to -6 HP.

This message was last edited by the GM at 17:20, Sat 27 Feb 2016.

Ardul'ssysn Sethomiir
 player, 20 posts
Sat 27 Feb 2016
at 17:09
The Caravan
Don't kill them all save one or two for interrogation. she says as she now is slowly starting to stand up on her feet to get a good view of the battlefield.

Waiting for the Entangled vines and roots to end so that she may be able to get closer to the Archer if he is willing to surrender.  IF not then he will die like the others.
Meekina D'Lork
 player, 46 posts
 She who is unlike
 is gift of Gods requited
Sat 27 Feb 2016
at 17:49
The Caravan
She had been dreaming, she must be. The world was light and fuzzy. Someone was speaking to her. Why couldn't she wake up. Screams, shouts. Suddenly her eyes are open and she stares into the sky, plummeting back from a bad dream into a complete nightmare. She tries to move, but her body protests, turning her head she tries to survey what she has missed, everything seems vaguely foggy, then a voice in the fog fills her ears. Somehow, she manages to lift a hand weakly, mumbling something into the air that feels unseasonably cold against her skin. Then lets her hand fall back to the ground as she focuses on the sky.

Dismiss Entangle
Ardul'ssysn Sethomiir
 player, 21 posts
Sat 27 Feb 2016
at 18:15
The Caravan
Standing there in her full Drow beauty she barks out a command in two different languages to make sure the creature understands..
Johan von Scharnhorst
 player, 26 posts
Sat 27 Feb 2016
at 19:18
The Caravan
Johan is too hurt to care about the lone archer, who, if he's smart, will surrender. He leans heavily on his sword looking stone-faced down at the orc warrior. He moves as if to help the orc, but then an arrow whizzes past and he hears Warlan's cry. Turning to see the priest of Pelor fall, Johan hobbles over to him, nearly collapsing at his side, and renders first aid while praying to the gods to spare the noble friar.

Heal first aid: 13:12, Today: Johan von Scharnhorst rolled 21 using 1d20+2 ((19)).
Shardrena
 player, 63 posts
Sat 27 Feb 2016
at 19:34
The Caravan
With an angry snarl the elven lass charged towards the orcish archer. Her now bloodied weapon dropped on the ground even as she recklessly ran over fallen foes. She swung mightily. And yet for all her savage fury Shardrena was no warrior. The fine art of war eluded her, not that this appeared to stop her near suicidal assault.

OOC:
HP: 5
AC: 16
Move Action: Move to F13
Standard Action: attack orc archer 2
13:27, Today: Shardrena rolled 4 using 1d20+3 with rolls of 1.  attacking with morningstar.

Dungeon Master
 GM, 69 posts
Sun 28 Feb 2016
at 00:41
The Caravan
Even after managing such a perfect shot at Warlan, the orc seems rather distraught after Shardrena charged at him. While she misses him and in fact almost stumbles up to him, the orc archer is clearly unwilling to risk his life any further. He throws his bow to the ground, holds his hands (now free of Meekina's cancelled spell) in the air and shouts [Language unknown:  Elatev! T casiches!]

Meanwhile, Johan manages to stabilize Warlan.
Ardul'ssysn Sethomiir
 player, 23 posts
Sun 28 Feb 2016
at 00:48
The Caravan
Kirith Sotheril it is not his time to join his beloved ones.  Allow your grace to heal his wounds and allow him to fight another day.
giving her prayer to her Goddess.

Casting Cure Light Wounds upon Warlan
Dungeon Master
 GM, 70 posts
Sun 28 Feb 2016
at 00:53
The Caravan
Warlan is at -3 HP.
Meekina D'Lork
 player, 52 posts
 She who is unlike
 is gift of Gods requited
Sun 28 Feb 2016
at 01:14
The Caravan
Meekina closes her eyes for a moment before pulling herself to a seated position. She looks around a bit dazed still and perhaps a bit surprised to still be alive. It is the closest she can recall coming to dying and she doesn't remember much of it. Her last true recollection is an orc screaming towards her and then nothing until she opened her eyes to the sky. Looking around, she notes another small one near her, though clearly not one of her kind. She glances to the makeshift bandages and somehow puts two and two together. As she moves to speak another sight catches her eyes, a man down on the ground next to her. Blinking rapidly a moment, she crawls towards him, reaching out a hand to his she whispers low under her breath and closes her eyes. After a moment, she turns her head over her shoulder and smiles her thanks towards Domnell, mouthing the words as well.

Heal Light Wounds as needed, Warlan
S'Faer
 player, 5 posts
 Man's best friend or
 in this case, Halflings
Sun 28 Feb 2016
at 01:16
The Caravan
With his target taken care of, S'Faer does a quick look around before moving towards Johan's side, licking at his hand questioningly.

This message was last edited by the player at 01:17, Sun 28 Feb 2016.

Targg
 player, 17 posts
Sun 28 Feb 2016
at 01:20
The Caravan
Looking over the scene for a moment the large man realized the battle was at an end.
Raising his voice for those in the area to hear...
"He wants to surrender, but you can probably figure that out."
Putting away his trusty Sling he removes his helmet and rubs the back of his muscular neck with his large right hand, the left still carries a heavy shield. His head is bald and has a light coating of sweat as if he was enganged in more physical efforts then the brief work he did here. His tusks, and other obvious features made it clear he was a Half-Orc.

"Hail, I am Targg....are you in need of food?"

Looking the group over he sees many slender built people and some not wearing armor or much else...