The Caravan.   Posted by Dungeon Master.Group: 0
Daelin Swiftbow
 player, 24 posts
Mon 29 Feb 2016
at 03:07
The Caravan
Daelin smiled at the dog, scratching him behind the ear, knelt and whispered to the dog soothingly. He winked at the halfling and patted the dog on its rump. "Return to your master before she gets upset at me too." He stands and shrugs at the halfling. "I learnt from an elvish ranger...i'm good with animals."
Meekina D'Lork
 player, 77 posts
 She who is unlike
 is gift of Gods requited
Mon 29 Feb 2016
at 03:29
The Caravan
Meekina shook her head and waved a hand in Daelin's direction. " Truly, 'tis fine. I'm use to it. " she says with an affectionate smile towards both Daelin and S'Faer.

" 'e likes tall folk. I'm sure 'e feels more at home with'em. I'm more like a pup, I think." She sniffs a bit catching Domnall's wink and raises her eyes and heaven skyward before turning her gaze back to Daelin. " You don't look like an elf to me. " she pondered aloud, thinking back to the caravan before the attack. She was sure she had heard him speak the tongue as well, but perhaps she was mistaken. It was, after all, sudden chaos. The memory could have been jumbled.
Targg
 player, 42 posts
Mon 29 Feb 2016
at 03:32
The Caravan
"Why are you out adventuring little one? You are so young..."

Targg reguarded the tiny Halfling briefly but still paying attention to the distance between the now docile humans and the prisoners and his allies for that matter.
S'Faer
 player, 12 posts
 Man's best friend or
 in this case, Halflings
Mon 29 Feb 2016
at 03:33
The Caravan
Despite the warning, S'Faer plants his furry rump firmly on Daelin's covered foot and leans into his leg begging for more scratches. His companion might be on to something. Small hands can only do so much for itchy skin. He's clearly found something he likes and shows no initiative to move unless forced to.
Meekina D'Lork
 player, 78 posts
 She who is unlike
 is gift of Gods requited
Mon 29 Feb 2016
at 03:39
The Caravan
Meekina turned to the half-orc and blinked her large blue eyes once in surprise. Although not as shocked to find him before, she still was alarmed by his size and the fact he seemed near civilized compared to his kin. " No where else to go. " she answers matter-of-factly, as though no other answer would suffice. " I-- er, I truly am sorry abou' earlier. Screamin' in yer face an' what not. I've jus' never seen one of you so, erm, close before. " she blushes uncomfortably at the memory.
Targg
 player, 44 posts
Mon 29 Feb 2016
at 03:51
The Caravan
"I see you are not a child, you are a Halfling...my mistake. But no appology is necessary I come from a hard life, I have been a gladiator forced to fight men and beasts for the amuzment of crowds that would never even know my name. I can't be made uncomfortable by someone gasping in shock at the sight of me."

Targg takes a seat on a nearby rock for comfort.
Shardrena
 player, 88 posts
Mon 29 Feb 2016
at 03:58
The Caravan
She raised an eyebrow in surprise. Everyone looking at Shardrena could tell she was still struggling with her temper. Such a fiery emotion was difficult to suppress at the drop of a hat after all.

"What I want to know is where these beasts came from. That way I can end the rest before more lives are lost to them."
Meekina D'Lork
 player, 81 posts
 She who is unlike
 is gift of Gods requited
Mon 29 Feb 2016
at 04:01
The Caravan
She purses her lips, for a moment offended, but the moment passes. It wouldn't be the first time she were mistaken for a literal child. What could she say, she was an oddity among oddities. A moment later though curiosity gets the better of her and she turns towards the half-orc again.

"And what is it?" she asks, tilting her head slightly, a hand on her hip, but before she can hear an answer her eyes move to Shardrena. Once more childlike, once more wide eyed, innocent, and alert.
Targg
 player, 45 posts
Mon 29 Feb 2016
at 04:03
The Caravan
"Targg"
Daelin Swiftbow
 player, 25 posts
Mon 29 Feb 2016
at 06:03
The Caravan
Calvin smiles at the interaction between the halfling and the half Orc....truely polar opposites in looks and size. Daelin smiles at the halfling and kneels, scratching S'faer. "I was raised by elves all my life that i remember. My family were traveling and they were killed when i was still a babe. An elf found me, took me to her village and adopted me as her own. She taught me my heritage early so i knew i was different from the rest, though they treated me well. My mother, for all intensive purposes, and her uncle taught me all i know."

He looked warmly at Shardrena. "Until recently, the only family i knew. My mother had told me of her sister, and now i find i have a cousin in this very party."
Meekina D'Lork
 player, 84 posts
 She who is unlike
 is gift of Gods requited
Mon 29 Feb 2016
at 06:12
The Caravan
Meekina turns her eyes from Shardrena to Daelin and back again. " She's your cousin? " she asks, following his line of sight. Well, today has been a bit of a shock on many levels. " T'at is a truly touching story. It sounds like you 'ad a family t'at cared for you, regardless. 'tis truly a gift and a blessing. " She smiles back at him and a bit towards Taarg. Their stories were not so pleasant it seemed, but it was truly a joy to see that some folk had experienced goodness.
S'Faer
 player, 13 posts
 Man's best friend or
 in this case, Halflings
Mon 29 Feb 2016
at 06:14
The Caravan
S'Faer is in heaven. He's rolled onto his back and is playfully rocking back and force making hruphing noises and occasionally reaching up to give Daelin a lick of gratitude. Whatever comes of this adventure, Daelin has earned at least one new friend.
Daelin Swiftbow
 player, 28 posts
Mon 29 Feb 2016
at 06:23
The Caravan
Daelin chuckles at the dog giving him attention....this was not unusual to him. His old mentor taught him animals and their behaviour, and though he wasn't as in tune as an elf, he was comfortable. He looked at the half elf. "She is cousin in a loose term. My elvish mother is her aunt, and since she is the only mother i know, in my eyes, she is a cousin. As to her view of us..." He grins and winks at her.

Daelin scratches S'Faer under his can and playful swats his muzzle, then stands. "Now get to your master rascal....or i'll be hunted by your master."  He grabs his bow and looks around. "I might walk the perrimiter and see if there is anything lurking...would anyone care to join me?"
Targg
 player, 47 posts
Mon 29 Feb 2016
at 16:06
The Caravan
"I would like to but I think I need stay by the prisoners to be on the safe side."
Domnall
 player, 16 posts
Mon 29 Feb 2016
at 20:38
The Caravan
When all had calmed Domnall refilled the caravan guards cups and his own "well not much to say" the dwarf smiled cheerily "orcs attacked and these fine men and women stood in our defence. Meself I'm mighty glad they did" he explained, the wine was of the best quality and Domnall made sure to enjoy it, filling his cup again to the brim and finishing the bottle off by taking a last swig from the bottle neck "now you fellows know any more about why the orcs attacked or where they came from?" Domnall asked his new friends.
Johan von Scharnhorst
 player, 36 posts
Tue 1 Mar 2016
at 00:06
The Caravan
Johan was deep in thought or prayer, and was late to intervene, but is glad that Domnall settled it peacefully and quickly. Johan will thank him later when he's done with the guards, and offers Rao a short prayer of thanks for Domnall's skills. He approaches Daelin before he heads off. "I wish I had a horse, I feel better scouting when I have speed on my side sense I am no good at stealth. I would ask you, sir, how are you at tracking? Can you pick up the trail of the raiding party?"
Daelin Swiftbow
 player, 30 posts
Tue 1 Mar 2016
at 05:05
The Caravan
Daelin looks at Johan and scratches his neck. "I should be able to pick the track up here easily enough and back-track it to the source.  The longer we wait, the colder the trail.  If we get the caravan back to town quickly it should be fine."

He looks at His cousin, then back to Johan. "As to how am i at tracking....i'm good enough to now my stuff."
Shardrena
 player, 93 posts
Tue 1 Mar 2016
at 06:18
The Caravan
"Where these raiders are based is vital information. As well as their strength of numbers. How confidant are you about uncovering this intelligence without being spotted?" Shardrena asked.

With the raw fury of earlier fading, she felt tired. Not exhausted yet, but more of an emotional weariness.

"I'd rather not have more innocents dying today."
Daelin Swiftbow
 player, 32 posts
Tue 1 Mar 2016
at 08:26
The Caravan
Daelin smiled at his cousin. "By elvish standards i am talented, but still a reasonable novice....though most elves are still young by the time a human has lived a full life. In human hunter standards, i am probably more silled than the average hunter of my age."
Ardul'ssysn Sethomiir
 player, 41 posts
Tue 1 Mar 2016
at 13:02
The Caravan
She was very quiet for the rest of the night, she was admiring her new item.  But also the fact that there was more Drow near and some may alert her House of her location for a price.

This didn't sit well with Ardul'ssysn she could never get away from her House it seems.
Johan von Scharnhorst
 player, 41 posts
Thu 3 Mar 2016
at 01:19
The Caravan
Plan A. Johan checks with the caravan master to see if there are any horses available for his unorthodox guards to use for scouting. If absolutely necessary, he'll leave the greatsword as collateral. Johan will go with Daelin to find the trail head if horses are provided. "Erinas, perhaps you will join us as well?" he'll ask the bard. "Meekina, Ardul'ssysn, and Domnall, guard our prisoner well. Give him to no one. We will have need of him.

Diplomacy to get horses: 19:13, Today: Johan von Scharnhorst rolled 20 using 1d20+8 ((12)).



Plan B - no horses. Johan stays near the orc prisoner, ensuring that he is not harassed. "We will see if we can find the trail tomorrow, Daelin," he says. "It will do no good to risk ourselves now. And perhaps there is someone in town who can get information from the orc."
Dungeon Master
 GM, 106 posts
Thu 3 Mar 2016
at 18:45
The Caravan
The Caravan Master gladly lent soome horses to Johan and his two companions. Together they head out to find the trail.

Daelin, make a Survival check to track them. DC 15.
Daelin Swiftbow
 player, 34 posts
Thu 3 Mar 2016
at 22:41
The Caravan
Daelin nods to the caravan master with a smile and looks at Johan.  "Come...we will go where we first found them and i will look around. you will need to hold the horse for me when i do." Instead of getting on the horse, he lops over to where he saw the Mage and two archers and crouched. Looking at the ground, he could tell from the sheer. Volume of attackers, where they came from...the tell tale signs of the flattened grass and broken twigs was a dead giveaway.

Survival roll: 20

This message was last edited by the player at 22:51, Thu 03 Mar 2016.

Dungeon Master
 GM, 109 posts
Fri 4 Mar 2016
at 00:18
The Caravan
While the darkness of the night makes it difficult to spot the tracks, the orcs weren't exactly subtle and there were many of them. Thus after a while, Daelin manages to pick up the trail and lead you towards their original destination.

The path he has chosen leads you closer to Selenrad. You can see the city in the distance and it should be only a few hors of travel to get there.

Dealin leads Johan (and maybe Erinas) near a large hill overlooking the forest. You see fires nearby and can make out a silhouette of primitive fortifications at the base of this hill.

This message was last edited by the GM at 19:15, Fri 11 Mar 2016.

Johan von Scharnhorst
 player, 44 posts
Fri 4 Mar 2016
at 02:57
The Caravan
"I think that this is close enough," Johan says softly. "Let's get back to the caravan."