Town of Ashwick.   Posted by Dungeon Master.Group: 0
Dungeon Master
 GM, 219 posts
Thu 24 Mar 2016
at 18:02
Town of Ashwick
You've managed to escape pursuit, if only narrowly. There is no time to plan the exact route, so you choose the most direct way, in the exact opposite direction from the camp. You spend some going running through the woods, until at last you reach their edge. If you look behind you, you can see the hill near which the orc warcamp is located. It seems you are now looking at it's opposite side.

As you exit the woods you see that you have arrived near a small town. Further to the north you can see the fields and it looks like a lot of people are now busy working on them.

You might wish to ask the townsfolk for the directions to Selenrad (since you can't see the city from here), warn them about the orcs or do something else. Nevertheless, it might be wise to rest here before you take any other action.
Al'andra Dreazahn
 player, 42 posts
 Brilliantly choreographed
 Excellently executed
Thu 24 Mar 2016
at 18:15
Town of Ashwick
It has been a long time in her life since Al'andra was so thankful to see a town and village folk. At last, she allows herself a moment to rest, turning her sights to the rag-tag group of adventurers that she had become a part of.

'You must have seen something in these people, Jade.'

Though she thinks it, her face shows nothing. There wasn't even time for tears or words of passing for her sister.

"Is everyone well enough to carry on? The town is not far now and I suggest we rest before continuing on. If that is what you wish to do?" Her voice shows a question, but clearly she has made her own conclusion. If her sister found reason to be with these people, than so would she. Even if that meant her death.
Domnall
 player, 43 posts
Thu 24 Mar 2016
at 20:04
Town of Ashwick
The thought of rest alone perked Domnall up. The small dwarf juggled the burden of all their loot as he smiled at Al'andra. Domnall had introduced himself plainly to his companions old and new "Domnall, maker and seller of the finest wares" he gave a bowed, dropped a trinket or two and let slip filthy dwarven curse. After bending low to gather up their spoils he tugged up his breeches and readjusted his man parts with little dignity "town comforts and a feather bed is good lass. Shall we go visiting?" he prompted them, his mind concocting how he could fleece or steal from the townsfolk before they moved on in the morning.
Gef'n
 player, 11 posts
Thu 24 Mar 2016
at 20:40
Town of Ashwick
Gef'n keeps quiet and keeps to the shadows. He is self conscious about the stigma that his kinsmen have for being known for raiding villages. he keeps his cloak covering his wings because he does not wish to draw more attention than he is already drawing.
Daelin Swiftbow
 player, 71 posts
Thu 24 Mar 2016
at 21:12
Town of Ashwick
Dealing looked over his shoulder with his eyes mirroring concern. He looks at the others. "Town is a good thing...expecially since we are being followed." He allows the rest of the people to go by first with a forced smile that can be mistaken for exhaustion. He indicates his cousin over and starts whispering in the elvin language
Al'andra Dreazahn
 player, 44 posts
 Brilliantly choreographed
 Excellently executed
Thu 24 Mar 2016
at 21:30
Town of Ashwick
Al'andra eyes flit passed Daelin, narrowing slightly before she nods her head. She sees nothing, but she does not trust her sight just now. "Town it is then. I would like to speak with a local cleric in town anyhow. " she rubs her ribs gingerly. As they make their way back to town, she drops her stride so that she walks nearer to Daelin and his 'cousin'. Whether it is a means of defense or that she has simply slowed due to her injuries is anyone's guess.
Domnall
 player, 44 posts
Thu 24 Mar 2016
at 22:26
Town of Ashwick
"Huh" Domnall responded to Daelin's warning by gripping his bag tightly and crouching lower "thieves and vagabonds after our treasure" he moaned "town's the best place" he agreed and the thin dwarf plodded onward.
Gef'n
 player, 12 posts
Thu 24 Mar 2016
at 23:15
Town of Ashwick
at the request for a cleric Gef'n pipes up.

"If you are in need of healing I can do a bit and wont charge, like a local healer might."
Daelin Swiftbow
 player, 72 posts
Thu 24 Mar 2016
at 23:23
Town of Ashwick
Daelin nods at al'andra silently in appreciation. He knows shardrena will help if anything comes, but an extra pair of hands could mean survival.

He looks at Gef'n with a smile. "I might take you up on that offer friend. the arrow wound, while not too bad, may interfear with my aim." he rubs his shoulder where the drows arrow hit. He absently looked at the bow he claimed from the drow. Though he's was elvin made, this one was higher quality, and being made of a compisite design, and materail could deliever greater power in its strikes
Al'andra Dreazahn
 player, 45 posts
 Brilliantly choreographed
 Excellently executed
Fri 25 Mar 2016
at 01:30
Town of Ashwick
"As may I. " Her eyes narrowed and she thought carefully. "What is the plan? Alert the town and move on?" she looked at the others thoughtfully, raising a brow at Domnall as he carried his wares along to the point of dropping them.
Domnall
 player, 45 posts
Fri 25 Mar 2016
at 09:05
Town of Ashwick
There was a snicker from Domnall when Gef'n offered his blessings so cheaply, the thin dwarf noted the kobold as an easy mark and hoped he'd be a profitable one.

As his companions received their healing Domnall joined the discussion. "We should rest the evening, perhaps we could hire a brave and stout legged man to run a warning to Selenrad. We should have a copper or to spare once we share our treasure" he said miserly as he scratched at his overly large and floppy ears.
Al'andra Dreazahn
 player, 46 posts
 Brilliantly choreographed
 Excellently executed
Fri 25 Mar 2016
at 17:28
Town of Ashwick
Al'andra smirked, curling up her lip to one side and lofted another brow at Domnall. "Are you sure there is coin enough to spare for such a trek? After all, it is only lives we are talking about. " Her remark is sarcastic and meant to alert the dwarf she has not missed his greed. Whether she believes him to be so cheap or not is another case, for she's turned her attentions towards the town.

""She says to Daelin, giving a casual eye to his "cousin" as she does.
Domnall
 player, 48 posts
Fri 25 Mar 2016
at 17:55
Town of Ashwick
At the elf's words Domnall gave his chin a thoughtful rub "well not entirely sure miss, there is lives to be saved I agree" he nodded "but ye don't want to throw your silvers around. The next thing you'll be having is peasants with airs of noblemen. No goods will come of it" he moaned "better to keep them in their places, so an honest tradesman knows where the wealth is" the dwarf answered strategically.

This message was last edited by the player at 17:55, Fri 25 Mar 2016.

Dungeon Master
 GM, 221 posts
Fri 25 Mar 2016
at 18:31
Town of Ashwick
At last, you decide to go to the town. The townsfolk give you some odd glances, as your group certainly draws attention, but not much else. The most interesting building you can see is a colossal temple located on the opposite side of the valley on a large hill, overlooking the town. It's a certainly impressive sight, even though it's obvious it has fallen into disrepair. A building like this wouldn't be out of place in the capital city.

As you reach the centre of the town, one of the city guards takes notice of your group. "Hold it right there." he stops you and then he flies into a tirade, not giving you nearly enough time to respond.

"What's your business here and what are these two doin' with you? We don't want any trouble here in Ashwick. And any greenskins or scaly ones ain't welcome here, if they have to remain here then you will be held accountable when they cause trouble. he says, talking to Al'andra, since he seems to have taken her for the group leader. He is obviously talking about Xaz and Gef'n.

But before Al'andra can respond, a blonde woman wearing chain mail and blue robes with silver trim over it walks over to your group, accompanied by a knight clad in full plate armor.
"Guardsman, please, leave these poor travelers alone. Can't you see that they are wounded?" she interceds on your behalf. She certainly looks like someone who has seen her share of battles and although kind, her words contain a slight amount of steel, as she obviously expected to be obeyed.

"Of course, I- I am sorry, lady Elena. But you have to understand, we need to stay vigilant-" mutters the guard, but the cleric waves her hand and silences him.
"Don't worry, kind man. I do understand, but even in these times we should not alienate good people and turn them away from us when they need our help. I will take care of this, you need not trouble yourself with them any further." Elena dismisses the guard, who meekly returns to his post. She then looks upon you and sizes you up, as if she was thinking about something concerning you.

"My name is Elena, I am a priestess of Heironeous and I maintain his temple in this town. You have no doubt saw it on your way here. If you require healing I can be of service. Free of any charge, of course. It's my duty to help."
Al'andra Dreazahn
 player, 48 posts
 Brilliantly choreographed
 Excellently executed
Fri 25 Mar 2016
at 18:41
Town of Ashwick
Al'andra stands a bit taller at the guards approach and it is clear from the curl of her lip and narrowing of her eyes that she has not taken his words kindly. It is his luck that this newcomer has instructed him back, as she seemed eager to stand up for those who stood with her in battle. Thank the gods, it was not to be the case this day.

"I am Al'andra Dreazahn of the Avleron Order. You have my gratitude and thanks. We are many wounded and have suffered great loss from a battle with the Drow not far from here, including that of my sister. My companions and I are in great need of your services, as well as food and rest. Of course we are willing to pay for the services as needed. " she gives a look to Domnall, hoping to silence him on the fee.  Then she returns her attentions to Lady Elena.

"You have a great threat close to your borders, Lady Elena, but I wonder if you already knew that. "

Putting some leadership skills to work, I hope.
11:39, Today: Al'andra Dreazahn rolled 22 using 1d20+10 ((12))- Diplomacy

This message was last edited by the player at 18:42, Fri 25 Mar 2016.

Gef'n
 player, 13 posts
Fri 25 Mar 2016
at 20:22
Town of Ashwick
quote:
"My name is Elena, I am a priestess of Heironeous and I maintain his temple in this town. You have no doubt saw it on your way here. If you require healing I can be of service. Free of any charge, of course. It's my duty to help."


Gef'n smiles
It is refreshing to see one who's life is not ruled by avarice. I am a priest of Bahamut. Is there some taks I can do for you to earn some bread and water as well as a spot on the floor to sleep for the night.
Domnall
 player, 50 posts
Sat 26 Mar 2016
at 08:47
Town of Ashwick
The guard's abruptness was received with a placating gesture from Domnall, the dwarf raised his hands in surrender, some of his loot clattering to floor. He then gave an overly friendly grin "no trouble" he promised, not wanting his own skin endangered further. The party was rescue by the priestess before Domnall could begin to work his silvered tongue. As the priestess spoke and the guard was dismissed Domnall gathered up his treasure and gave Al'andra a sly wink as he did so, not at all perturbed by her stare.

Domnall then turned his attention to their saviour and attempted an awkward bow "many thanks my lady. May Heironeous shower you with glory" he offered glibly "aye it must be your duty as well as ours to warn Selenrad, if you wish peace to prosper".

OOC

08:42, Today: Domnall rolled 34 using 1d20+15 with rolls of 19.  Aid Another - Diplomacy.

Daelin Swiftbow
 player, 76 posts
Sat 26 Mar 2016
at 09:10
Town of Ashwick
Daelin, standing next to his cousin Shardrena, looked at the guards with a neutral look. They had obviously seen battle, yet they did not ask where or when. He looked over his shoulder to where he saw the mounted Orc. He nodded to Al'andra as she spoke to the priestess fairly and honestly. Where the guards seemed eager to turn them away, Elena was warm to welcome them. The ranger smiled as Al'andra and Domnall spoke to them. Daelin would bow to their skills...he was a huntsman. He cleared his throat, and greeted the priestess in the typical elvish fashion, then spoke. Lady Elena...i feel i must warn you that danger may be closer than expected. danger followed us, and moments before we came here i saw a orc mounted on a worg behind us."

He looked at the group, then spoke again. "I can't speak for the rest, but i will aide where i can once my shoulder is healed. i am a skilled tracker, huntsman and archer...and it grieves me that our actions may bring danger to your home. If my skills or bow can be of use, need only ask."
Gef'n
 player, 15 posts
Mon 28 Mar 2016
at 20:28
Re: Town of Ashwick
Gef'n:
quote:
"My name is Elena, I am a priestess of Heironeous and I maintain his temple in this town. You have no doubt saw it on your way here. If you require healing I can be of service. Free of any charge, of course. It's my duty to help."


Gef'n smiles
It is refreshing to see one who's life is not ruled by avarice. I am a priest of Bahamut. Is there some taks I can do for you to earn some bread and water as well as a spot on the floor to sleep for the night.

getting no answer from the priestess Gef'n heads over to the tavern to see what the ruckas is in there.
Al'andra Dreazahn
 player, 58 posts
 Brilliantly choreographed
 Excellently executed
Tue 29 Mar 2016
at 05:01
Re: Town of Ashwick
With a wince and a sharply exhaled breath, Al'andra allows her eyes to follow as two of their party take leave. She shakes her head and gives a raised brow to Daelin and his 'cousin'. Domnall she pretty much ignores, for the time being, and instead turns her attention back to Lady Elena. "Perhaps we can continue this discussion at a later time? It seems noise is an easy distraction for our party. We've lost many already and I would care not to lose more. " she gives a most apologetic look before bowing her head, "If you will excuse me but a moment. " and making after the pair of what fondly calls "shortlings."
Daelin Swiftbow
 player, 77 posts
Tue 29 Mar 2016
at 10:48
Re: Town of Ashwick
Dealing looks on as axe and gef'n went to the inn, and Al'andra following. He smiled at Elena. "By your leave, m'lady." He looks at Shardrena with a smile, indicating she should follow.
Domnall
 player, 51 posts
Tue 29 Mar 2016
at 14:28
Re: Town of Ashwick
Whatever had attracted his companions did not faze Domnall who continued to bow and snivel around the priestess "of course my lady you wish to protect the people of Selenrad" he grinned and licked his lips "before you we were interrupted you were offering us your hospitality" he reminded her.