Location: Ringbridge.   Posted by DM.Group: 0
DM
 GM, 1823 posts
Mon 6 Nov 2017
at 21:13
Location:  Ringbridge
Borric was in charge at the old Orcy Ring, and he talked some of the potential settlers into staying here while they waited for Henry’s return – and he put them to good use in the meantime.  Some of the settlers fished or trapped along the river, but others were put to practical use.

The bridge over the river was repaired, and now it is possible to cross the river safely – no matter how you travel.  There is not enough room for carts or wagons to pass each other -  but they can cross the river here.

Once the bridge was completed, Borric turned to the ring.  He sent people to collect field stone and used it to build a wall up against the palisade.  He has only completed the part by the gate – but, as long as there is enough labour, it should be finished by the end of the year.

Then Wilbur and his builders arrive to Builk Val’s dowery house, and they are quickly followed by some soldiers that Henry has sent to   round out the garrison.  And then there are more settlers.  Many find somewhere out in the countryside, within a few miles of the keep -  close enough so that they come under the protection of the guard – but far enough away that they aren’t under the thumb of the guard.  Small holdings, market gardens and fishing hamlets start to appear.  But there are other who stay close to the keep -  building huts and seeking casual work building, hauling or even just cleaning up after the horses.

Slowly the keep and a small village starts to take shape.

Pekwik, the Kobold is still here, happily living in the tunnels under the hill, along with a number of settlers who don’t have anywhere else to go.  However, somehow the Mite that Mariam left here has contrived to escape.
Valoria Lebeda-Ondari
 Secondary, 276 posts
 Wizard
 Lady
Tue 7 Nov 2017
at 23:52
Location:  Ringbridge
Muninn sat on the wooden stand next to Valoria. The small Owl looked at everyone carefully and then back to Valoria. “Whooo.” Valoria nodded as if acknowledging a bit of advice from the owl. She looked over to her cousin, Wilbur, Mariam and then to Cyrus. “I feel it would be in our best interests to treat with the kobold tribe, Lord husband. Granted, the treaty would need to be ratified by Henry to be valid, but if we can agree to a trade and mutual defense treaty between Ringbridge and the tribe it would be a great boon to Ringbridge....What do you think? I would also like to hear your option to this Pekwik?”

This message was last edited by the player at 23:52, Tue 07 Nov 2017.

Cyrus Lebeda-Ondari
 Player, 901 posts
 Human Fighter
 Sword and Shield
Wed 8 Nov 2017
at 02:43
Location:  Ringbridge
Cyrus smiled at his wife's ambition. "Mariam and the others had a favorable meeting with the kobolds and after your initial discussions, I'm sure they'd be open to further negotiations. Their lands are squarely between our own and Henry's own stronghold. It would be good to secure the route between our two holds and ensure trade was uninterrupted. A treaty with the kobolds would go a long way to doing just that."

He paused, looking to Pekwik and asks, "Would your people be amenable to such a treaty?"
Pekwik
Wed 8 Nov 2017
at 09:49
Location:  Ringbridge
Pekwik clearly feels uncomfortable in the presence of such important people - he shuffles his feet and his hands clasp in front of him.  His big hat, designed to keep the bright light away from his sensitive eyes, hides a lot of his face.

"Err ..  De Chief .... and err .. de dead Tartuk an de dead miteses.   Mr Marik ..  err..."  It is clear from his mumbling that he doesn't know how to answer the question.
Marik
 Player, 132 posts
Wed 8 Nov 2017
at 21:07
Location:  Ringbridge
Marik walked up to the group with the attractive half-elf woman he'd been seen talking with at the Grand Ball in Restov. He smiled broadly to Cyrus as he placed a friendly hand on Pekwik's shoulder, "What my friend here means to say is that Lord Henry has granted me control of the lands on which the kobold's mine rests, and exclusive rights to any and all minerals that may be mined there."

He indicates the woman next to him, "Alanna here will be handling all of the business aspects thereof."
Alanna
 NPC e, 7 posts
 Marik's Assistant
Wed 8 Nov 2017
at 21:07
Location:  Ringbridge
Alanna curtsied slightly and smiled prettily at Cyrus and Valoria, "Yes, as Sir Marik said, I will be overseeing the business side of things as it relates to the kobold's and their exports. We would of course be happy to entertain any trade agreements you wish to propose."
Valoria Lebeda-Ondari
 Secondary, 278 posts
 Wizard
 Lady
Wed 8 Nov 2017
at 23:20
Location:  Ringbridge
Valoria raised an eyebrow at Marik and Alanna. “How fortunate you are here. May I ask what kind of minerals the mine contains? Also, and more importantly, are you planing on setting up a sronghold or just trading?”
Cyrus Lebeda-Ondari
 Player, 902 posts
 Human Fighter
 Sword and Shield
Thu 9 Nov 2017
at 03:02
Location:  Ringbridge
Cyrus was a bit surprised as well, but he welcomed more in this growing area and smiled and said, "Welcome neighbors! As we grow and build here, we'd welcome open trading routes between here and Tusk with easy access to your mines and any additional developments you undertake. Please let us know what we can do help you thrive. If you need protection or assistance in anyway, we are here and I have pledged myself to fight on behalf of the officers of MidMarch."
Pekwik
Thu 9 Nov 2017
at 09:10
Location:  Ringbridge
"Mr Marik.  Youse said youse would comes back for me." and Pekwik scuttles across to stand by his 'friend', although he doesn't look any more comfortable in the current surroundings.

This message was last updated by the GM at 09:10, Thu 09 Nov 2017.

Marik
 Player, 133 posts
Fri 10 Nov 2017
at 04:09
Location:  Ringbridge
Marik shrugs at Valoria's question, "It used to be a silver mine, so the hope is there are still deposits there. But honestly we still need to determine how large the deposits are and how accessible they are. That will be Alanna and Pekwik's first order of business. I'm not sure if I will establish a stronghold proper, but I do intend to govern the area, not just trade.

As for trade, I will let you all negotiate that with Alanna when we have our operation up and running, but we will of course work with you as best we can."

Cyrus Lebeda-Ondari
 Player, 903 posts
 Human Fighter
 Sword and Shield
Fri 10 Nov 2017
at 04:32
Location:  Ringbridge
Cyrus smiled and said, "Well mining is no easy task, but may the deposits be bigger than your dreams!"

He added, "And having Pekwik will hopefully help you keep things smooth with the kobolds. My wife was the first of us to treat with the kobolds as we made our way out to Oleg's for the first time. She speaks Draconic, among other languages. Should you need any help, please let us know. My shield and sword and her brains and charm are pledged to Henry and the officers of MidMarch."
Valoria Lebeda-Ondari
 Secondary, 283 posts
 Wizard
 Lady
Fri 10 Nov 2017
at 05:45
Location:  Ringbridge
Valoria was a little surprised to have another land claim so close to Ringbridge, but rolled with it. She nodded and giving a smile she offered wine to her neighbors. “Well we are just getting started ourselves, but if you have need of help I am at your service. I can appraise metals and speak Draconic..."

“If the time comes you chose to make a stronghold proper, I hope you will welcome our trade. For the time being, I think it would be a good idea to ask Henry to start on a proper road to link our lands to the capital.”
Pekwik
Fri 10 Nov 2017
at 06:47
Location:  Ringbridge
Pekwik looks up, slightly as Valoria speaks in Draconic.  [Language unknown:  Ental,] he half answers. Although he appears a bit more at easy knowing someone can understand his native tongue.
Valoria Lebeda-Ondari
 Secondary, 286 posts
 Wizard
 Lady
Fri 10 Nov 2017
at 08:03
Location:  Ringbridge
Valoria smiled Pekwik and also offered him some wine as well. [Language unknown:  “Withatone io t ut pe areforted? Ne fo eeev e li inalti n hatnotear the...evepo k Estavepro. Sileus ess tani rowhe Wh ardoreerande ast ovepresonhouous. Ce chnt un ere na a rut oufo ne neith ndetioith saivnctr isnt ersomeher werpl mo ilain in no usain ss Laninileal, iepre oufoma ev lar wailch.”]

This message was last edited by the player at 08:05, Fri 10 Nov 2017.

Pekwik
Fri 10 Nov 2017
at 09:31
Location:  Ringbridge
Pekwik mumbles [Language unknown:  Ave we Preanylin.]