Location: Tusk (Central District)   Posted by DM.Group: 0
DM
 GM, 2207 posts
Mon 2 Jul 2018
at 11:02
Location: Tusk (Central District)
This area of the city is, perhaps, slated to hold the more upscale developments - however, there isn't a lot here are present.  High up on the hill, overlooking the whole town, stands Tusk Keep - a large, rustic, but solid, looking wooden structure.  It looks like it has had its share of trouble in the past, but there are signs of refurbishment and strengthening.

There are two other permanent structures - a chapel dedicated to Abadar and a Monastic House dedicated to Iomedae - and a number of building shells (The new players barracks and the meeting for  players of longer standing).  However, like there are also plenty of tents, huts and shacks that serve as homes for the settlers.
Kendric Winters
 player, 22 posts
Mon 2 Jul 2018
at 17:07
Location: Tusk (Central District)
Kendric took a walk through Tusk Town. His steps lead him past the chapel but toward the House dedicated to Iomedae. Tusk Town was definitely in its building phase. Someone had the foresight to already have two temple completed. Kendric entered the House and waited...
DM
 GM, 2683 posts
 Mad, bad and slightly sad
Tue 5 Mar 2019
at 20:09
Location: Tusk (Central District)
Groups 1,2,& 3 have all been back in Midmarch for a couple of weeks, hitpoints and abilities are back to full.    This is a Location thread.  While you can be in other Fuzzy threads, this is not a suitable subject for conversation  until it has been resolved :)  You are all aware of these happenings.

Use your character exactly as it is written when you read this :)




Suddenly there is a loud clap of thunder  that rings out across the town.  It comes from out of a clear sky and isnít at all expected.  It sounds somewhat wrong Ö.

An ancient looking elf, sitting on a wooden throne suddenly appears in Central District, in the middle of an empty lot that is being used as a temporary park.  Stranger still, his throne is floating a few inches above the ground.  That is not the case for the people who surround him.  Half a dozen people, all dressed in shades of green and brown, a mixture of humans and half-elves, stand squarely on the ground, wicked looking longbows in hand, each with an arrow ready for use, but not yet nocked,  and not yet threatening.

People close by run off in different directions, shouting for the guard

This message was last edited by the GM at 20:42, Tue 05 Mar.

Zelona
 player, 87 posts
 Half-elf Druid
 HP: 14 - AC: 17
Tue 5 Mar 2019
at 23:18
Location: Tusk (Central District)
Zelona was walking across the expanse of Tusk, just having met more with Oleg to plan some building up there at his trading post when the crack of thunder sounded. She knew instinctively that was wrong though before her mind even processed the clear sky above, and her legs were running before she was really aware of it. Even in town she went about armored, because this is still the wilds despite the improvements to Tusk, but she hurried as best she could and skidded to a stop when she turned a corner and saw what was in the central district.
Domitius
 player, 102 posts
 Half Elf Fighter/Rogue
 AC:18 HP:18
Tue 5 Mar 2019
at 23:29
Location: Tusk (Central District)
Domitius was headed to the Homes as house when he heard the crack of thunder.  He paused for a moment then He adds the cries of alarm and shouting for the guards.  Some habits it seem die hard and before he knew it he was running towards the disturbance.  He rounded a corner and pulled up short at the sight of so many armed men in the center of town.

Domitius stopped and then slowly but purposefully walked towards the group.  Remembering his training he put a calm face on hooked the thumb of his left hand into his belt and stopped some thirty feet away.
Cass Mordane
 Player, 328 posts
 Bard, Sword Scion
 Sometime Diplomat
Wed 6 Mar 2019
at 00:06
Location: Tusk (Central District)
Cass had just stepped out for a nice cup of tea. Nice in that it would be sweet, strong, warm, and contain a shot of whiskey, for medicinal purposes.

The thunder was quick, loud, and distinct. It was also something that never, ever matched a completely clear sky.

Attack! We are under attack! Cass thought as he started to step into the shadows of a nearby building to sneak a better look. That, wasn't necessary.

Right in the middle of the flowery little patch of grass that the locals had been attempting to turn into a park, something materialized. Magically.

An elf who was so old that his age was becoming apparent was sitting on a throne. Not just an extravagantly ornate chair, a throne. Around the elf was a detachment of honor guard, body guard, or advance guard.

Cass started to unsheath the Aldori sword at his side, when his mind caught up with what his eyes were seeing. Not only were these archers not at full draw, or any draw, but they weren't even elves. They were humans.

And half-elves. Cass thought as his nose crinkled, trying to hold off a grin. Not like any army I'd expect.

Instead, Cass moved back away from the shadows and resumed walking down the street. He held himself in a formal posture, but moved as lithely as his heritage would allow. Drawing up short before the entourage, Cass spoke in a clear, honey dipped voice.

"You find yourself in the town of Tusk, whether or not that might be your intended destination. I am Cassius Mordane, a representative of these people of Midmarch who are under the Governorship of Henry LeMaistre. We bid you fond welcome. How may we be of your assistance?"



OOC:
17:40, Today: Cass Mordane rolled 22 using 1d20+13 ((9)). Diplomacy.

This message was last edited by the player at 00:10, Wed 06 Mar.

Adoven
 Player, 340 posts
 Rogue / Bard
Wed 6 Mar 2019
at 02:31
Location: Tusk (Central District)
Adoven was crossing the square after concluding the meeting with his construction crew, and his mind was a whirl with plans for the future. He was looking forward to lunch with Viktoria and sharing the details of the new sword school when a sudden thunderclap makes him look up. He feels an uneasy trill of apprehension up his spine as he reaches for his lute. When the group teleports in, his hand grabs at his whip and he pulls it free. Seeing the floating throne and the elderly elf atop it gives Adoven pause, and he falls back on diplomatic weapons.

 In an old elven tongue Adoven says [Language unknown:  "Comhisure of Heron. U i Unados, te siesur liinalac. Erteek plsanihe ncomta'mill evday sanintestles ilasar on icaovetra omeivente yinhisati forno norea antherardateman ro poica later thafo ilaibe. Ni liun olweec e me virol a en erndol er ilus-isutni, i allch chckmi olekadwerees ol enmo evwit repesa siusne m tha prtrwa encortrat a haeau Entreatic."]

Diplomacy 24 on d20+10.
Marik
 Player, 202 posts
Wed 6 Mar 2019
at 03:21
Location: Tusk (Central District)
Marik was in his room, looking over some documents when he heard the booming thunder-like sound. His curiosity peaked, he headed down to the Central District.

Hearing Cass and then Adoven speak to the strange newcomers, he waits for their reaction before doing anything himself.
DM
 GM, 2685 posts
 Mad, bad and slightly sad
Wed 6 Mar 2019
at 07:00
Location: Tusk (Central District)
Yes.  I know.  You are the mayor of this town, although it is your Lord Henry that I have come to speak to. he responds to Cass, before switching seamlessly to Elven.  [Language unknown:  Prmo, to le be e whiderset een encallkor hoch.  Ng el eswe lo m k ricalo iveoutnotnte ac, Pe reon, p ter tisino.]

As he speaks, the archers keep a watchful eye on the comings and goings of people, and appear to make a not of everyone who arrives.

Just them you hear the thunder of hooves as a number of horses gallop down adjacent roads, but somehow manage to stay out of  sight from this area.  Then Lt Lincoln of the Town Guard arrives with a small detachment of troops.  Seeing the situation, he depolys his guards to various road junctions,  putting a very thin cordon of troops around the outside of the area and marched up to Cass. Leaning forwards he speaks quietly.   Then he steps back a couple of paces and stands to attention behind his mayor.

The elf smiles slightly, while his men continue their impassive watch.
~ Robert
 NPC e, 2 posts
Wed 6 Mar 2019
at 08:12
Location: Tusk (Central District)
A young warrior rushes to Adoven's side and whispers "is there going to be a fight?"

Adoven answers "no. Go fetch Lord Henry. He has visitors. "

Robert dashes off to Summon The big guns
Andalon de Lebeda
 Player, 727 posts
 Cleric of Abadar
Wed 6 Mar 2019
at 14:09
Location: Tusk (Central District)

Andalon was at the Temple of Abadar when he heard the thunder-clap and subsequent shouts. He and his acolyte Brother Florin left the temple immediately to investigate. Andalon paused to survey the scene for a few moments before stepping forward to join Cass. Brother Florin halted where a knot of other townsfolk had gathered to watch.
DM
 GM, 2686 posts
 Mad, bad and slightly sad
Wed 6 Mar 2019
at 14:26
Location: Tusk (Central District)
The old elf starts humming, quietly, to himself.

This message was last edited by the GM at 18:39, Wed 06 Mar.

Safiya Vallani
 player, 140 posts
Wed 6 Mar 2019
at 18:35
Location: Tusk (Central District)
Sadiya arrived to the Central District attracted by all the commotion. "Never a dull moment around here, is there." She says to herself wearily. As she watches the newcomers from the back of a crowd, even she has to admit this is something one does not see every day. Thankfully sorting this out seemed like somebody else's problem.
~ Robert
 NPC e, 3 posts
Wed 6 Mar 2019
at 19:16
Location: Tusk (Central District)
Robert runs to the Manor to get Lord Henry's attention. He hastily describes the events in the square to the guards.
Cass Mordane
 Player, 329 posts
 Bard, Sword Scion
 Sometime Diplomat
Wed 6 Mar 2019
at 22:03
Location: Tusk (Central District)
"Thank you, Lt. Lincoln." Cass responded to the leader of the Tusk Town Guard. Adding in a whisper, "Shouldn't we be calling you Captain Lincoln? I will have to ask Henry about that."

Focusing back to the regal elf, Cass spoke again. "You are well informed about the constituents of Midmarch. Perhaps you are also aware that Governor LeMaistre was away on business this morning. Messengers have been dispatched to request his presence. Would you be more comfortable indoors in one of the meeting rooms or elsewhere? Can we offer you food or drink?"
Domitius
 player, 103 posts
 Half Elf Fighter/Rogue
 AC:18 HP:18
Wed 6 Mar 2019
at 23:15
Location: Tusk (Central District)
Domitius moved to stand with Cass and the rest of the group, his sword remained sheathed and a wry smile crossed his face.  "Mayor, Leftenant splendid day we are having, any idea on who our guest may be?"
Adoven
 Player, 341 posts
 HP 34 AC 18 F+2 R+8 W+2
 Rogue / Bard
Thu 7 Mar 2019
at 01:17
Location: Tusk (Central District)
Adoven, taking the role of diplomat,  strums his lute to disarm tensions.  He asks the visitor "might we have the name of our esteemed guest? My mother always told me it was rude to address a guest as 'Hey, you!''"

Perform Lute 26 on d20+11.
Diplomacy 18 on d20+10.

This message was last edited by the player at 01:18, Thu 07 Mar.

DM
 GM, 2693 posts
 Mad, bad and slightly sad
Thu 7 Mar 2019
at 07:48
Location: Tusk (Central District)
On a command from one of them, the Elf's guards suddenly turn and point their bows at Adoven, arrows nocked and drawn to the full.  However, they don't loose their arrows.  However, they stand down and resume their more guarded positions when the elf smiles and waves them back.

"They get a bit twitchy when they see people trying to influence me magically." he says by way of apology to Adoven.  "And I must admit, I don't like it all that much either.  I think, in part, my people are worried that I will get carried away and do something silly, when people cast spells or effects on me." he adds with a paternalistic smile towards the guard that surround him.

Turning back to Cass, he picks up on the Mayor's comments, "Yes.  I have been watching you since the start of your expedition down here.  There is a young elf, part tainted, who came down here with you.  She has been of interest to me since she first appeared in my forest all those years ago.  I am pleased to see that she has found a good home in the forests here.

I have watched you develop, and seen both you and our friend here, and the effects his lute can have.  I have even listened in occasionally.

But to answer our friend's question, I am most commonly known to my people as Duma, although I am sometimes referred to, by outsiders as Duma the Sly.  Personally, I can't understand why."
He adds with a smile that implies that he knows perfectly well why.

"I have come to make an arrangement with Lord Henry about land for some of my family.  The Gronzi appears to be getting smaller."


OOC:  You can use the Pathfinder Wiki (or other sources) to find out rumours about both Duma and The Gronzi Forest.  Don't be surprised if things aren't exactly as written there  :)
Adoven
 Player, 343 posts
 HP 34 AC 18 F+2 R+8 W+2
 Rogue / Bard
Thu 7 Mar 2019
at 07:57
Location: Tusk (Central District)
Adoven smiles as he plays a soothing melody. "I understand, Duma. But you will note that I used no magic, merely music. Sometimes tranquility comes from hearing the sounds of the forest, or the roar of the oceans. Sometimes peaceful music alone brings it. A tune need not be magical to soothe rattled nerves."
DM
 GM, 2696 posts
 Mad, bad and slightly sad
Thu 7 Mar 2019
at 09:13
Location: Tusk (Central District)
"A mere soothing distraction from a bard of such great note?  Calling on the blessing of your muse?  Something that is often considered rude, in polite company when one is expected to concentrate on one's guest." Duma suggests with a gentle smile as if correcting one of his grandchildren.  "But no harm done.  I don't take offence easily."