Fuzzy: The Dragons Den.   Posted by DM.Group: 0
~ Berta Roth
 NPC p, 30 posts
 Human Female Dragonfriend
 Let's do it my way
Sun 14 Apr 2019
at 13:58
Fuzzy: The Dragons Den
Ever vigilant, Berta takes heed of those amongst the crowd who choose to read the notice her brother posted, her brow rising almost imperceptibly as Darius ventures over to the bar, his surreptitious glances not escaping her attention.
~Findlas
 NPC e, 9 posts
 World Weary
 Wary Gnome
Thu 11 Jul 2019
at 17:12
Fuzzy: The Dragons Den
Findlas walked up to the bar and took at look at the notice that had grabbed the attention of others since he'd come in waiting, wondering what it might be about.
DM
 GM, 3108 posts
Thu 11 Jul 2019
at 17:53
Fuzzy: The Dragons Den
The Notice Reads
~Findlas
 NPC e, 10 posts
 World Weary
 Wary Gnome
Thu 11 Jul 2019
at 18:05
Fuzzy: The Dragons Den
He chuffed a bit to himself when he read the notice and popped up on a stool and said to the bartender. "So... says someone wants a skilled jeweler. I happen to be one such. Who needs what done?"
DM
 GM, 3109 posts
Thu 11 Jul 2019
at 18:24
Fuzzy: The Dragons Den
The bartender nods, and calls Wyn over.

The bard looks down at the gnome.  "So you are a jeweller?  And you say you are a skilled jeweller?  OK, so show me some of your work."
~Findlas
 NPC e, 11 posts
 World Weary
 Wary Gnome
Thu 11 Jul 2019
at 21:33
Fuzzy: The Dragons Den
Findlas looked up at the man asking with a squint in his eye, "I do say, yup. I don't carry my work about with me because it's all sold son. Just arrived in town after all. You show me some jewels that need work though and I'll show you my work first hand."

He did reach into a pack and pull out some incredibly well-made tools for jewel work. "Gnome doesn't come by tools like this less he's got some skill with the work. But if you need me to show you jewels I've cut and polished, well there's none right now."
_ Wyn Roth
 NPC, 17 posts
 Flamboyant Half-Elf
Thu 11 Jul 2019
at 22:23
Fuzzy: The Dragons Den
"And you just expect me to hand over precious metals to the first gnome who happens to pop into my bar?  That is a good way to lose money real quick.  Look, I am not saying you will do a runner on me, but I need some sort of references or surety before I have over a lump of gold t a complete stranger.  I expect you want to see the money, before you hand over a finished piece of work ...."
~Findlas
 NPC e, 12 posts
 World Weary
 Wary Gnome
Thu 11 Jul 2019
at 22:36
Fuzzy: The Dragons Den
"Well, like I said. I just got to town so I don't have much to give you that'll act as a guarantee. Friend of mine sent for me. Said I might find things to interest me down here that I hadn't seen before. It was time for me to move on so I took her up on it. I'm hoping to meet up with her down here, but I've got the letter she sent me. She works for that Lord Henry doin' some such, and I think she's getting me setup up at Oleg's too. I passed through there on the way in, but they told me she was down this way doing things." Findlas grumbled to the man as he pulled out a letter to show Wyn.

"As to payment..." he shrugged. "If you try to stiff me, I'll have the jewels which are worth more than my work likely. So... don't stiff me and we'll be fine. I don't need to see your money before I do the work, just when you want to claim the jewel or jewels back."
~Berta Roth
 NPC p, 31 posts
 Human Female Dragonfriend
 Let's do it my way
Fri 12 Jul 2019
at 06:47
Fuzzy: The Dragons Den
Stuck helping out behind the bar this evening Berta half listens to the conversation betwixt the gnome and her elder brother, while keeping an eye out for Winnie, ready to send Ged, whose turn it is to watch the crowd, to intercept and divert her sister-in-law away from them should it prove necessary.

"They're a thirsty lot these Tuskers !" she grins to one of the servers, filling another jug of ale and passing it over.
_ Wyn Roth
 NPC, 18 posts
 Flamboyant Half-Elf
Fri 12 Jul 2019
at 07:19
Fuzzy: The Dragons Den
Wyn reads the letter that Findlas hands over and starts to smile as the gnome threatens him.  "I see you haven't quite got the idea.  There are no jewels, just the gold.  However, this resolves the problem," he says waving the letter around, before returning it to the Gnome.  "I'll pop into see you next time I am up at Oleg's and you have your workshop set up."

Wyn waves one of the servers across, then turns back to the Gnome.  "Thank you for coming across to see me,  allow me to buy you a drink ..." he says indicating the server.
Adoven
 Player, 492 posts
 HP 34 AC 18 F+2 R+8 W+2
 Rogue / Bard
Fri 12 Jul 2019
at 07:26
Fuzzy: The Dragons Den
In reply to ~Findlas (msg # 101):

Adoven is nursing an ale and contemplating plans for the future. He walks up holding his mug and asks "Good sir, are you from Jovvox by any chance?"
_ Wyn Roth
 NPC, 19 posts
 Flamboyant Half-Elf
Fri 12 Jul 2019
at 07:36
Fuzzy: The Dragons Den
With a smile towards the merchant, Wyn instructs the server, "Oh, and get one for Adoven as well."
~Berta Roth
 NPC p, 32 posts
 Human Female Dragonfriend
 Let's do it my way
Fri 12 Jul 2019
at 13:25
Fuzzy: The Dragons Den
Berta has two cups of ale waiting on the counter by the time the server turns about again, ready to lift them onto the tray and send her on her way.

Jovvox ?  Somewhere in the River Kingdoms, she thinks, though her grasp of the geography of these parts is uncertain.
~Findlas
 NPC e, 13 posts
 World Weary
 Wary Gnome
Fri 12 Jul 2019
at 17:07
Fuzzy: The Dragons Den
Findlas looks oddly at Wyn, "yeah. Guess I didn't get it, but now I do. Usually when I see a note like that it's someone wanting some rough stuff cleaned up for a fee, not ready coin to spend on already done work. But I get you now. Sure come on up when in a few weeks. I should have some stuff by then." He nodded his thanks for the drink and sipped it as Adoven walked up.

"Jovvox? Not so much, but I've passed through a time or two. Adoven's your name then? What's Jovvox to you?"
Adoven
 Player, 493 posts
 HP 34 AC 18 F+2 R+8 W+2
 Rogue / Bard
Fri 12 Jul 2019
at 17:20
Fuzzy: The Dragons Den
Adoven says "my company and I are looking to expand trade to the south. It occurs to me that being able to set up a jetty in Jovvox might be mutually beneficial with Tusk. Somehow I don't see Mivon welcoming a competing shipper within their city unless I establish a semi-local presence first."
~Findlas
 NPC e, 14 posts
 World Weary
 Wary Gnome
Fri 12 Jul 2019
at 18:10
Fuzzy: The Dragons Den
Findlas nodded, "ahh. Well as to that, not sure what help I'll be. As I said, I've been there and passed through. Not from there though, so not much help to you in trying to set something up."

"If you do get a meet with someone down there, I might could write you an introduction or some such one gnome to another, but beyond that not sure what help I could be."
~Berta Roth
 NPC p, 33 posts
 Human Female Dragonfriend
 Let's do it my way
Thu 26 Dec 2019
at 12:38
Fuzzy: The Dragons Den
While the well-to-do or at least well-connected have secured an invite to the celebrations at Lemaistre Hall, the Dragon's Den is the place to be for all the rest !

The common room might not be so grand as the fine chamber in which Lord Henry and Lady Bai hold court, but the fire is warm, the atmosphere most convivial, the smells from the kitchen mouth-watering, the resident musicians in fine form and the wine and ale free-flowing, requiring no title or holdings, just a paltry few coin to enable one to enjoy Winterfest to the full !

This night it is Gedd's turn behind the bar, while Berta has the task of ensuring the fun does not get too out of hand.
~Folfast Balhon
 NPC p, 3 posts
 Author, poet & playwright
 Guest at the Roth's Inn
Thu 26 Dec 2019
at 13:03
Fuzzy: The Dragons Den
Warmed by both fire and ale, and with the crowd banging their tankards upon the tabletops to the beat, Folfast finishes up the 'Winterfest Ode' with a triumphant flourish.

"Though its dark and cold and the wolves grow bold ...

With a cup in my hand I will make my stand !"


Raising fiddle and bow to acknowledge the applause the large man generously defers his audience to those who share the stage with him, waving to each in turn, before holding up a hand for quiet.

"Mercy !" Folfast pleads.  "At least allow me to drain a cup myself before we continue on our way most merry !"
~Gedd
 NPC p, 20 posts
 Gedd Roth
 Half-orc archer
Thu 26 Dec 2019
at 13:22
Fuzzy: The Dragons Den
Gedd grins across the room at Folfast as he pours a mug of ale and beckons Winnie to deliver it to him.

"Get that to Folfast before he sits down or there's no telling when we'll have him back on his feet again," he chuckles.

Still chuckling he turns to the large iron pot suspended above a charcoal brazier behind the bar. The delicious aroma of warm, spiced wine wafts out as he lift the lid and ladles a small portion into a mug. He smiles happily as he takes a sip and nods to the older man helping him behind the bar tonight.

"That's perfect, Pete. On a cold night like this there's nothing that warms your belly like mulled wine."
_ Wyn Roth
 NPC, 20 posts
 Flamboyant Half-Elf
Thu 26 Dec 2019
at 14:05
Fuzzy: The Dragons Den
"Oh.  He's not that bad ..."  Wyn admonishes his brother, "and it saves me having to be up on the stage all the time.  And the crowd seems to enjoy it."

Wyn sets up cups of the mulled wine for Winnie and Berta, ready for when they finish their latest security and delivery rounds, and raises his own glass towards Pete.  "You always manage to get this just right ..."
Cass Mordane
 Player, 459 posts
 Bard, Sword Scion
 Sometime Diplomat
Sat 4 Jan 2020
at 23:20
Fuzzy: The Dragons Den
Since the Tusk council would be holding its formal meetings again for the citizens of Midmarch to make their requests and thoughts known, Cass thought it was a good idea to allow for some informal meetings as well. He could think of no better place to do so than everyone’s favorite little watering hole, The Dragons Den.

After smiling and waving to those who greeted him, Cass chose to put forth a request of his own. “A round for the house, including proprietors, on me, if you wouldn’t mind.” Cass said politely. “And a round of Grog for myself, please.”
~Folfast Balhon
 NPC p, 4 posts
 Author, poet & playwright
 Guest at the Roth's Inn
Sun 5 Jan 2020
at 06:13
Fuzzy: The Dragons Den
"Well said, sir !  Well said !" Folfast booms his thanks to Cass, draining the cup Winnie brought him in a toast to the Bard, ready for the next round.

"Have you any requests ?  A favourite tune we might regale you with in gratitude for your largess ?"
Cass Mordane
 Player, 470 posts
 Bard, Sword Scion
 Sometime Diplomat
Thu 9 Jan 2020
at 01:44
Fuzzy: The Dragons Den
“Are you familiar with a little ditty called Bile That Cabbage Down?” Cass asked with a smile. “It’s a catchy one that I often find stuck in my head. If not, anything with a bit of a ramble for a good time sounds just fine.”

This message was last edited by the player at 01:46, Thu 09 Jan.

_ Wyn Roth
 NPC, 21 posts
 Flamboyant Half-Elf
Thu 9 Jan 2020
at 08:09
Fuzzy: The Dragons Den
"Turn them ho cakes around."  Wyn echoes from the other end of the bar
~Folfast Balhon
 NPC p, 5 posts
 Author, poet & playwright
 Guest at the Roth's Inn
Thu 9 Jan 2020
at 13:51
Fuzzy: The Dragons Den
Folfast eyes Cass levelly, a grin spreading across his face as Wyn prompts him.

"Ah yes," the big man booms.  "I've heard that version, indeed ... but the folks in these parts are rather more partial to their grog than their greens, so we sing it somewhat differently here ..."

"Ready lads and lasses ?!!" he roars.  "Are your cups charged ?  Well then !"

Climbing back upon onto the stage with a grunt of effort, he begins to stamp his foot upon the boards, establishing the rhythm, waiting until everyone has their cup filled before he launches into the song.

Drink that flagon down, down
Turn that cup around
Fill it up and raise it high
An' drink that flagon down !

Climbed myself a mountain
To raise my cup so high
But from above did Dragon dive
To drank my flagon dry !

Drink that flagon down, down
Turn that cup around
Fill it up and raise it high
An' drink that flagon down !

Sittin' in a gnarled old tree
About to drink me fill
But that just made the dryad mad
An' she my mug did swill !

Drink that flagon down, down
Turn that cup around
Fill it up and raise it high
An' drink that flagon down !

Took me to the desert
The heat got to my brain
An' all the salamanders
My chalices they drained !

Hid me in a hole in ground
Upon the earth so soft
But angry Xorn made me forlorn
When he my tankard quaffed !

Drink that flagon down, down
Turn that cup around
Fill it up and raise it high
An' drink that flagon down !

Sailed out on the ocean
Din' know down from up
Till kraken roused from the depths
An' it my goblet supped !

Oooooh ... drink that flagon down, down
Turn that cup around
Fill it up and raise it high
Aaaaan' ... DRINK that flagon DOWN!