Fuzzy: The Dragons Den.   Posted by DM.Group: 0
~ Berta Roth
 NPC p, 20 posts
 Human Female Dragonfriend
 Let's do it my way
Fri 8 Feb 2019
at 05:56
Fuzzy: The Dragons Den
"Skilled jeweller !"  Bertha reads the notice aloud, the relief in her voice evident ... as is the threat in the narrowed gaze as she turns back to search the crowd for Gedd, which widens to take in anyone else who looks as if they're enjoying the jest at her expense.

"Skilled jeweller !" the warrior-woman mutters again as she takes her hand off the hilt of her sword and crosses the common room to return to her favoured spot, younger brother or no.

"Maybe if he was very rich ... and as nice to look at as all the fancy baubles ..."

A moment's reflection as she casts her eyes over the room once more, then:

"Wonder what Wyn's really up to ?"
~ Gedd
 NPC p, 16 posts
 Gedd Roth
 Half-orc archer
Fri 8 Feb 2019
at 15:30
Fuzzy: The Dragons Den
"A nose ring! No, surely not. That's only an orcish custom, isn't it?"

Gedd's voice drifts across the room from the table where he now sits with a couple of his friends.
~ Liam Rivers
 NPC e, 3 posts
 Sergeant at Arms
Tue 19 Feb 2019
at 21:40
Fuzzy: The Dragons Den
Liam had been sitting at a quiet table nursing a drink. The man was in leathers and a longsword was sheathed at his waist. He was content to watch people pass by on their business. But with several people moving to read the notice that was put up, curiosity got the better of him. He had to read the notice himself.
DM
 GM, 2609 posts
 Mad, bad and slightly sad
Tue 19 Feb 2019
at 22:57
Fuzzy: The Dragons Den
One of the waitresses tops up Liam's drink.
~ Liam Rivers
 NPC e, 4 posts
 Sergeant at Arms
Tue 19 Feb 2019
at 22:59
Fuzzy: The Dragons Den
With the topped off drink in hand, Liam walked over to the notice. He skimmed the text and sipped his drink.
DM
 GM, 2610 posts
 Mad, bad and slightly sad
Tue 19 Feb 2019
at 23:03
Fuzzy: The Dragons Den
The notice reads .....
~Magatha Primrose
 NPC e, 1 post
Mon 25 Feb 2019
at 22:48
Fuzzy: The Dragons Den


Magatha Primrose marched into the Dragon's Den. Not marching like someone who was in a hurry. No, marching in slow, measured steps with her head held high and her back straight as an arrow.

It was almost a strut, Magatha's walk. A prance, reminiscent of trained ponies. It was the formal march of the military on parade, polish, shine, and all.

And it would have been as impressive as intended, if she was not just a touch over three feet tall. Still, she looked proud as a peacock, this gnome woman. And just as colorful with her magenta hair and her chartreuse eyes.

Her top coat was crisp and without a wrinkle. It was dark blue with red and gold accents and a whole lot of shiny buttons. The coat was cut away from the legs like those of a cavalry officer and held in place by a tight leather belt. Her jack boots reached up to her knees.

On top of her head, the gnome wore a hat that reminded one of a sleek ship. It was accented by a large red feather or plume. The red contrasted nicely with her hair. She had a cutlass sheathed on each hip.

"Here I am!" Magatha announced with a flourish of her hands. "Straight off the boat!"

She cast her eyes around at everyone, then over to the bar. "A tall whiskey, please. Something spicy, if you have it."
~ Gedd
 NPC p, 18 posts
 Gedd Roth
 Half-orc archer
Tue 26 Feb 2019
at 12:20
Fuzzy: The Dragons Den
The halforc standing by the bar gave the little newcomer a long, appraising look before finally nodding toward the other end of the common room.

"The stage is over there," he told her firmly. "What's your act? Singing? Dancing? Acrobatics? Juggling? Go on, tell me you're a sword-swallower!"
~Magatha Primrose
 NPC e, 2 posts
Thu 28 Feb 2019
at 20:52
Fuzzy: The Dragons Den
The gnomish woman scrunched up her face at Gedd's remarks, then held up her finger in a 'just you wait' gesture.

Next, she marched herself directly to the aforementioned stage. Magatha then gave Gedd a nod and an exaggerated wink. "I can treat you to a bedazzling display of a swordsmanship!"

So saying, she drew out both of her blades and began to move in a swift and deadly form of dance covering the entirety of the stage.

Recognizing Aldori forms, Cass Mordane moved forward to the edge of his seat, removed a wind instrument from his pack, and began to play The Hills Low and Far in accompaniment to the gnome woman's moves. The song flowed with each move as if they had been originally orchestrated together.
~ Gedd
 NPC p, 19 posts
 Gedd Roth
 Half-orc archer
Thu 28 Feb 2019
at 23:11
Fuzzy: The Dragons Den
Gedd grinned as the little lady marched onto the stage but he watched with real appreciation and applauded loudly when she finished. He stepped behind the bar and poured the drink she had ordered, then took it up to the stage to her while she was still taking her bows.

He handed the glass to her with a smile then went back to his place by the bar.
Adoven
 Player, 326 posts
 Rogue / Bard
Fri 1 Mar 2019
at 16:39
Fuzzy: The Dragons Den
Adoven applauds. "very nice. I need to strengthen such skills myself. Might you be available for hire?"
~ Berta Roth
 NPC p, 23 posts
 Human Female Dragonfriend
 Let's do it my way
Sat 2 Mar 2019
at 06:26
Fuzzy: The Dragons Den
The Inn's bouncer and part-owner smiles at the gnome woman's entrance ... not mocking her size (her adopted brother Wilric is probably no taller and certainly was once a force to be reckoned with), but appreciative that there's another sharing her red tresses, though in truth Magatha's locks are far less unruly than her own.

So too the woman seems to know what she's doing with her blades, though Berta has little time for the fashion of the Aldori, finding the dance-like moves too flashy and wasteful - while she too wields two swords, her own preference is to cut straight to the heart of the matter, not to bedazzle ones opponent.  Her size would certainly be to her advantage, though - one rarely finds one so small yet brandishing such sharp blades.

Moreover, she likes Magatha's confidence and bold dress, and no less her choice of drink, adding her own applause to the rest !
Marceline
 player, 65 posts
 Half-Elf Inquisitor
Sat 2 Mar 2019
at 17:47
Fuzzy: The Dragons Den
A little tired from the journey back from the Kamelands but excited to see what her friends had done with their tavern, Marceline enters the Dragons Den and immediately makes her way over to Berta, the first familiar face she spies in the tavern.

"Berta! Good to see you again."
~Magatha Primrose
 NPC e, 3 posts
Sun 3 Mar 2019
at 16:52
Fuzzy: The Dragons Den
"Much thanks." Magatha said to Gedd as he handed her the glass of whiskey.

"I am sure something can be arranged." Magatha said to Adoven with a wink and a sly smile.

But it was to Berta Roth that Magatha raised her glass in salute. She had seen those assessing eyes, and approved.

"Oh. It tastes just like smoke and fire." Magatha rasped almost silently as she closed her eyes in pleasure, leaning her head back and enjoying the inner touching of the liquid as it trailed down.
El
 player, 110 posts
Sun 3 Mar 2019
at 23:26
Fuzzy: The Dragons Den
>>From the Water

El came into the Dragons Den with much the same attitude as she'd had outside of it. All smiles and less worn for wear. In a way, she had felt she had something to prove to herself and now that she had, she felt more inclined to enjoy it.

"Oh, this certainly brings back memories." She said to herself, quite brightly, and seemed to stand a bit taller. "I'll fetch the drinks, you lads find us a table. Any special requests?" She asked, before walking off to fetch the order at the bar. She'd no mind to bother a tavern wench unless the need arose.
Andalon de Lebeda
 Player, 724 posts
 Cleric of Abadar
Mon 4 Mar 2019
at 13:10
Fuzzy: The Dragons Den
Andalon entered close behind El and looked around for a table with chairs for six.

"A mug of ale would be most welcome, thank you El," he replied.

Then he lead the way across the common room to an empty table and took a seat. He was dressed in travel-stained studded leather armour rather than the heavier armour or clerical robes he might normally be expected to be seen in around town.

This message was last edited by the player at 13:12, Mon 04 Mar 2019.

Adoven
 Player, 334 posts
 Rogue / Bard
Tue 5 Mar 2019
at 01:00
Fuzzy: The Dragons Den
Moved to the  El & Andalon table thread -  which just helps to separate out conversations and keep the Dragons Den threads readable.

This message was last edited by the GM at 06:47, Tue 05 Mar 2019.

_Winnie
 NPC, 16 posts
 Smiling Half-Elf
Tue 5 Mar 2019
at 13:10
Fuzzy: The Dragons Den
"Hey!  Marcy!  How are you doing?   Grab a table and I'll fetch some drinks over."  Winnie says as she sees her travelling companion enter the bar.  "Maybe Berta will join us later ..." she says throwing a glance at her sister-in-law, who seems taken by the Gnome sword-dancer.

With that she heads off to the bar to let them know they need to get on without her for a while.

>>> To Marceline's table
~ Findlas
 NPC e, 1 post
 World Weary
 Wary Gnome
Tue 5 Mar 2019
at 16:33
Fuzzy: The Dragons Den
Dust covered a little gnome as he entered the dragon's den and peered around. He was a study in contrast to the gnome who'd just stepped in a little while ago. Bespectacled, he trudged into the bar and sat his belongings down at the first chair he could find. He then rubbed his face and looked around again at those present. He was quiet and observed the goings on and tables that had people around them.

Not seeing anyone familiar, he clambered up on the seat next to his many pouches and bags and waited on someone to serve him. Seems this is the place after all. I'll wait a bit and then see what we see.
Dara Algot
 Player, 1 post
Wed 6 Mar 2019
at 21:50
Fuzzy: The Dragons Den
It had been a long, long road.  The caravan was finally putting in and the travelers spreading to the ends of the most recent settlement.  Dara wasted little time taking her backpack and precious cargo from Lydia and surrendering the horse's reigns to her.  "Someone deserves a nice brushing and an apple," she told the horse affectionately before leading her off in the direction of the stables.  Passing the necessary coin from her earnings, she walked with Lydia down the street looking for somewhere to get a hot meal and a room to sleep in.  The road was her friend but the last two years had been burdensome on her.

Finding the sign with three green dragons and one white, she felt a ray of hope fill her.  Or maybe it was the smell of food coming from within.  Either way, she was drawn into the establishment before she realized what she was doing.  Dara was still road worn, dusty and fatigued but still maintaining some spirit as she walked in.  Spying the counter, she and Lydia walked to it and sat down.

"What do you have ready?  Stew?  Yes that sounds wonderful, I'd like a bowl please and may I have an extra spoon?"  Dara's precious cargo was that of the most precious type, an infant child bundled tightly in a blanket for warmth and concealment.  One didn't walk through unknown cities without showing great care, even with a scimitar on her belt.

When the food served she wiggled in her chair enough to put the child on her leg in her left arm.  Sliding the bowl to the right she took a bite to test the temperature before blowing on it.  The child took a tepid bite before flailing about, knocking the spoon from Dara's hand and sending it falling to the floor.  Lydia reached down and picked it up to find the patron of the house already there with a new spoon.  "She's not very hungry," Dara said to Lydia before taking a spoonful for herself.  Unlike the baby, Dara was quite hungry and she wasted little time starting on the meal while Lydia secured a room for the night.  In between bites, Dara took a look around to see who was present, what the place was like, who the typical patrons were.  She tried once more to feed the baby and was rewarded as she took a mouthful of the sauce and swallowed with without fuss.  "Do you have any warm milk?" she asked.
DM
 GM, 2691 posts
 Mad, bad and slightly sad
Wed 6 Mar 2019
at 21:58
Fuzzy: The Dragons Den
With Winnie otherwise occupied, the other serving staff have to work much harder than normal, flitting from tables to table collecting orders  and running them up to the bar as quickly as they can.

One waitress, jugging a tray full of empties, stops by Findlas' table to take his order, then pulls a face as the woman at the next table asks for warmed milk.  "I'll see what I can do ..." she responds with a forced smile.
DM
 GM, 2706 posts
 Mad, bad and slightly sad
Thu 7 Mar 2019
at 20:43
Fuzzy: The Dragons Den
Dara / Findlas conversation moved to new thread :)
~ Berta Roth
 NPC p, 25 posts
 Human Female Dragonfriend
 Let's do it my way
Sat 9 Mar 2019
at 06:27
Fuzzy: The Dragons Den
Berta smiles and nods to both Marceline and Magatha, though feels the lack of a cup to return the salute ... but for the moment she's on duty, and her roving eyes scan the room.

Voices growing a bit too loud and angry  launch her from her comfortable post, sending  her across the floor, not quickly, but with her habitual swagger that gives those she's heading for time enough to kiss and make up before she draws close, saying nothing but lingering long enough to let it be a warning, before leaving them to it.

With nobody else looking as if they need her to eyeball them at the moment, the warrior-woman elects to take up her vigil at the table that Marceline has chosen, grasping her friend in a robust hug of greeting.

>>> To Marceline's table (but she's still watching you all !  ;>)
~Magatha Primrose
 NPC e, 4 posts
Sat 9 Mar 2019
at 23:59
Fuzzy: The Dragons Den
Magatha strode from the stage with as much purpose as she had strode onto it. She dutifully returned the empty whiskey glass to the bar, never one to be a bad guest.

It was to the half-elven man who had played the song at the proper tempo to keep her sword exercises in sync that she directed her final march.

"There is a man in this town that I am looking to meet. They say he was a street performer and now he holds town meetings. Something of a gift for music, they say. And describe him to look a certain way. If that man be you, then I have a business proposal to discuss. In private. "
Adoven
 Player, 384 posts
 HP 34 AC 18 F+2 R+8 W+2
 Rogue / Bard
Thu 21 Mar 2019
at 09:19
Fuzzy: The Dragons Den
When she returns from her private meeting with Cass, Magatha Primrose has another man waiting for her. An elaborate bow is followed by the words "Madam, I am in awe of your skills. I am striving to master a dueling style and believe you can help me strengthen a few basics that seem to have escaped me. I also need the services of a skilled inventor, because I have an idea that might aid trade within the River Kingdoms. Might you be available for consultation? For a proper fee, of course."