Fuzzy: The Dragons Den (Tusk)   Posted by DM.Group: 0
Cass Mordane
 Player, 504 posts
 Bard/Sword Scion/Diplomat
 My Sword Sings
Wed 19 Feb 2020
at 21:37
Fuzzy: The Dragons Den
“It sounds that you have matters well in hand.” Cass admitted. “If I can be of any assistance in getting you established, please let me know.”
Alisa D'Medvyed
 player, 210 posts
 Half-elf Cleric
 AC 16 Hps 21
Thu 20 Feb 2020
at 03:07
Fuzzy: The Dragons Den
Huzzah --  I didn't get bounced! That would have been embarrassing.  ;)

"Thank you for that, Cass.   And in turn, if I can be of assistance to Tusk or your own endeavors, then that offer is mutual."       She took a sip of her perlet, and asked "I've heard tell you are quite talented in the art of music - do you still perform?"
Cass Mordane
 Player, 507 posts
 Bard/Sword Scion/Diplomat
 My Sword Sings
Thu 20 Feb 2020
at 22:22
Fuzzy: The Dragons Den
Cass didn't exactly blush, but his face may have thought about it for a moment. "I think someone has been rather generous in describing my musical prowess, but yes, I do still perform occasionally when they will allow me."
Alisa D'Medvyed
 player, 212 posts
 Half-elf Cleric
 AC 16 Hps 21
Fri 21 Feb 2020
at 20:43
Fuzzy: The Dragons Den
She was a bit surprised by his modesty.   It was something different than the usual bard.    And it was her turn to laugh a little.  "Indeed?  And who gets to tell the mayor whether or no he go out and play?" 
~Berta Roth
 NPC p, 36 posts
 Human Female Dragonfriend
 Let's do it my way
Sat 22 Feb 2020
at 00:54
Fuzzy: The Dragons Den
Berta snorts, most unlady-like, a broad grin stealing over her.
Cass Mordane
 Player, 511 posts
 Bard/Sword Scion/Diplomat
 My Sword Sings
Sun 23 Feb 2020
at 05:42
Fuzzy: The Dragons Den
Cass laughed. “I don’t think I would be mayor of anything for long if I went around accosting people in their businesses or open public with bad music. Other than that, the way it normally works is that Bai tells Henry what to do and Henry tells me. I just try to help where I can.”

When someone was available, Cass ordered a glass of port to be sent over for Marshall Winters to enjoy after his meal as well as an invitation to join Cass and Alisa if he so desired. Kendrick had said that he would like to discuss the troops and defenses of Tusk with Cass when next they had an opportunity. He may have meant that conversation to happen here in the Den.

“Would you like some more perlet or anything else?” Cass enquired. “The Roths manage to attract a fair number of bards to keep their clientele entertained, so it is not unusual to hear fine music here on any given night. I was a street performer in Restov and my mother waited tables at an inn much like this one, so I have gained something of a discerning ear over the years. Do you sing?”

This message was last edited by the player at 05:45, Sun 23 Feb 2020.

Alisa D'Medvyed
 player, 214 posts
 Half-elf Cleric
 AC 16 Hps 21
Sun 23 Feb 2020
at 19:43
Fuzzy: The Dragons Den
"Thank you for asking, I'm probably sticking with one glass."  Alisa's eyes flicked briefly toward the red-haired bouncer, when she made her snort.

She smiled.  "Ah ha.   I see how it works, then.  Makes complete sense. Though, I've a hunch you may be underrating your talent.  But of course, you would know better than I."   It was her turn to laugh a bit, when asked if she was a singer.

"I think we'll leave that to the imagination, for now.   I've had no training or practice to speak of. Unless we count times where I knew I was good and alone.  But, it is something I would like to learn, given the time.  For religious uses, firstly. But also for fun."

After finishing her glass of wine, and concluding any conversation, Alisa arose "My thanks to you for your time, and the information, Cass.  Until next time, then."

This message was last edited by the player at 19:24, Sun 01 Mar 2020.

~Folfast Balhon
 NPC p, 6 posts
 Author, poet & playwright
 Guest at the Roth's Inn
Sun 22 Mar 2020
at 12:30
Fuzzy: The Dragons Den
Upon the stage, Folfast sways happily, a liquor fuelled smile upon his lips.  Somewhat unsteadily he places his cup on the floor then takes up his fiddle, nodding to the group of players, as he stamps his foot to set the beat.

"Entertainment ?!!  You wish then to bear witness to the celebration of high and lofty art that the ears the patrons of this fine establishment are oft times privileged to hear ?"


"Very well then !" he announces with a roar, "we shall regale you fine gentles ... and all the rest of ye ne'er-do-wells besides !" his grin broadens as he stares out at the assembled patrons, saluting them with his bow.  "I give you ... the Ballad of Bish ..." his announcement falters for but a heartbeat as he catches Berta's eye and swiftly backtracks "...with the Ballad of Unlucky Jak !"

Lightning bolt flies from Wand of Wonder
Butterflies come streaming at me
The paladin said
"Look out up ahead !
"A Flesh to Stone's a hundred to three !"

Gorum, you know it ain't easy
You know how hard it can be
The way things are going
They're gonna petrify me

Ugly looking chicken hops forward
Muddled up with lizard and bat
Wonders' ne'er cease
It's a damn cockatrice
Just one touch and you're stoned and that's that !

Gorum, you know it ain't easy
You know how hard it can be
The way things are going
They're gonna petrify me

Another reptilian monster
Shuffling along on the floor
The sorcerer cries
"Just don't look in its eyes !
Just one glance and it is statues for sure !"

Gorum, you know it ain't easy
You know how hard it can be
The way things are going
They're gonna petrify me

Found a pair of fine crystal lenses
Tried them on and thought I might take a punt
To my satisfaction
They're Eyes of Petrifaction
Just don't put them on back to front !

Gorum, you know it ain't easy
You know how hard it can be
The way things are going
They're gonna petrify me

My date turned out to be a real horror
Her hair started hissing at me
Stared down a Medusa
And I was the loser
Between a rock and I hard place I be

Gorum, you know it ain't easy
You know how hard it can be
The way things are going !
They're gonna petrify me !



OOC: fashioned after the Ballad of John and Yoko with utterly abject apologies to Mr Lennon
~Berta Roth
 NPC p, 37 posts
 Human Female Dragonfriend
 Let's do it my way
Thu 26 Mar 2020
at 13:20
Fuzzy: The Dragons Den
Berta is somewhat mollified by Folfast's change of tune, but at the conclusion she heads purposefully towards the stage.

"I think I need to walk him around outside for a while," the warrior-woman mutters darkly.

"If you fancy a shot at stardom, you're up !" she grins broadly at Cass as she strides past his table.
Cass Mordane
 Player, 526 posts
 Bard/Sword Scion/Diplomat
 My Sword Sings
Mon 1 Jun 2020
at 09:17
Fuzzy: The Dragons Den
“One could hardly pass up such a golden opportunity.” Cass grinned.

“If you will excuse me....” Cass gave Alisa as formal a retreating bow as the furniture allowed and moved out to present the room with a little tune from his own repertoire. Hopefully it would lift spirits even more.

“I like a warm bed and a good meal and a pint or seven can send me to heaven but Henry pays me well to first go out and then bring back the tale. So I like a bit of adventuring.”

  The Glory of Adventure

When the enemy's surrounding,
and we think our nerves will fail,
when we hear the trumpets sounding,
and they make us quake and quail,
grab your mug and we'll be pounding,
down another round of ale!

And we'll drink,
to the glory of adventure!

If there ever comes the day
when we think that we are lost,
when we think that we must pay
that most dear and final cost,
we'll just pass around the tray,
and feel better when we're sauced!

And we'll drink,
to the glory of adventure!

When we're angry and upset,
'cause we ain't been getting paid,
when we're tired, cold and wet,
and a little bit afraid,
we'll keep drinking and forget
that we ever were dismayed!

And we'll drink,
to the glory of adventure!

When the boredom makes us jumpy,
and the motion makes us ill,
when the food is cold and lumpy,
a disgusting, slimy swill,
there's no reason to be grumpy;
tap the keg, and drink your fill!

And we'll drink,
to the glory of adventure!

When the captain's really sore,
'cause he thinks he's being mocked,
when he's pounding on our door,
and we're certain to get socked,
have a drink, and tease him more;
we'll feel nothing if we're crocked!

And we'll drink,
to the glory of adventure!

This message was last edited by the player at 09:18, Mon 01 June 2020.

Cass Mordane
 Player, 551 posts
 Bard/Sword Scion/Diplomat
 My Sword Sings
Wed 24 Jun 2020
at 17:19
Fuzzy: The Dragons Den
It had been some time since Cass had sang his little ditty at the Dragons Den. This time he was arriving in hopes of learning some valuable information.

“Two pitchers of your finest Poachers Pale Ale!” Cass called out as he selected a table. “I’m expecting friends, and if not, it will just be a fun night for me!”

This message was last edited by the player at 17:19, Wed 24 June 2020.

Adoven
 Player, 696 posts
 HP 40 AC 20 F+2 R+9 W+2
 Rogue / Bard
Thu 25 Jun 2020
at 16:38
Fuzzy: The Dragons Den
Adoven slides into one of the open benches. "Still haven't lost the touch, Cass, though your upper range has a small tremor of vibrato. Got to watch that in the future. I've taken the liberty of inviting Rudolpho Redmop to this little meeting. He's to run the Merchant Shop I'm building for the gnomes. In addition to gnome steel, I understand they are adept brewers as well, so we might start seeing those products as well."

This message was last edited by the GM at 20:08, Thu 25 June 2020.

Cass Mordane
 Player, 552 posts
 Bard/Sword Scion/Diplomat
 My Sword Sings
Thu 25 Jun 2020
at 18:50
Fuzzy: The Dragons Den
“Thank you. I will need to watch that. Vibrato is always a poor stand-in for range.” Cass lifted the pitcher and poured a glass of ale before setting it in front of Adoven. Cass nodded approvingly upon hearing that Redmop would be attending as well. “Excellent. I am hoping that this is the beginning of a very lucrative and friendly relationship between Midmarch and the Gnome community.”

This message was last edited by the GM at 20:08, Thu 25 June 2020.

Rudolphus Redmop
Thu 25 Jun 2020
at 19:12
Fuzzy: The Dragons Den
The small gnome, who perhaps gets his name from his unruly mop of red hair, climbs up onto a seat - his head barely rising above the tabletop.  "Do they have any bigger chairs in here?" He asks a bit peevishly.

This message was lightly edited by the GM at 19:12, Thu 25 June 2020.

Cass Mordane
 Player, 553 posts
 Bard/Sword Scion/Diplomat
 My Sword Sings
Thu 25 Jun 2020
at 19:48
Fuzzy: The Dragons Den
Cass pours the gnome a glass of ale and sets it before him. “Greetings, Master Redmop. Thank you for joining us. The disparity in size appropriate chairs are one of the many things I hope will change in Midmarch. We just need a few more appropriate crafters.”
Andalon de Lebeda
 Player, 945 posts
 Bishop at Cathedral of
 Abadar in Tusk City
Fri 26 Jun 2020
at 15:07
Fuzzy: The Dragons Den
Andalon was not exactly a frequent visitor to the Dragons Den but today proved to be an exception. He only hesitated at the doorway long enough to spot Cass and Adoven, then walked straight over to join them with a rolled up parchment in one hand.

"Good evening, Cass. Thankyou for inviting me to join you here. Adoven, a pleasure as always. I am afraid I haven't met your friend yet, though."
Rudolphus Redmop
Fri 26 Jun 2020
at 15:10
Fuzzy: The Dragons Den
"Redcap.  Rudolphus Redmop.  Merchant of Jovvox."  the gnome responds to Andalon's greeting.

This message was last edited by the GM at 17:46, Fri 26 June 2020.

Andalon de Lebeda
 Player, 946 posts
 Bishop at Cathedral of
 Abadar in Tusk City
Fri 26 Jun 2020
at 15:21
Fuzzy: The Dragons Den
"Jovvox? You are certainly a long way from home, Master Rudolphus. Did you sail back with Cass and Adoven after their trip down the river?" Andalon enquired.
Cass Mordane
 Player, 556 posts
 Bard/Sword Scion/Diplomat
 My Sword Sings
Fri 26 Jun 2020
at 18:28
Fuzzy: The Dragons Den
Cass poured Andalon a glass of Poachers Pale Ale and sat it before him. He then waited for their gnomish guest to continue speaking. Cass was glad that Andoven invited Redmop along. The merchant might be able to help facilitate things.
Rudolphus Redmop
Fri 26 Jun 2020
at 19:44
Fuzzy: The Dragons Den
"No.  I got a ride on one of the Yitis ships.   They owed me a favour, and it was a bit more comfortable than the vessel that Cass and Adoven were travelling in." The gnome responds.
_ Winnie Roth
 NPC, 24 posts
 Co-Owner: Dragons Den
 in Tusk
Fri 26 Jun 2020
at 19:47
Fuzzy: The Dragons Den
Just then Winnie  comes up to the table.  "What can I get you gentlemen?" She says greeting the Luminaries from Tusk, "Something to eat, perhaps.  More drinks?  And perhaps a taller seat for your friend?"
Cass Mordane
 Player, 557 posts
 Bard/Sword Scion/Diplomat
 My Sword Sings
Fri 26 Jun 2020
at 20:07
Fuzzy: The Dragons Den
Cass had hoped Marshal Winters would be able to make the meeting, but he might be tied up with important matters. Cass was reluctant to keep the others waiting, so he could fill the Marshal in later.

Cass took a sip of ale before speaking. “It has come to my attention that there have been regular migrations of Halflings from the River Kingdoms area through Midmarch up into New Stetven and Restov. I believe the Chain Ferry has been beneficial concerning these migrations in a number of cases. Purely speculation, but I believe that many, if not all, of these wandering Halflings are former slaves from areas that practice the nefarious act of slavery like Cheliax.”

Cass paused, and took another sip before indicating Andalon. “I believe that you retrieved a map from the old Stag Lord fort that was used as a guide to freedom for a number of former slaves.”

He redirected his gaze to include Rudolphus and Adoven. “I would like any possible help in inviting the Halflings, former slaves or not, to settle here in Midmarch instead. They are particularly welcome to settle in the area of Silverton, and are welcome to even create their own separate community there, pending Henry’s approval, of course.”

Cass had just finished speaking when Winnie arrived to offer further hospitality. “Yes, by all means, eat, drink, enjoy yourselves. As my guests.”

This message was last edited by the player at 20:08, Fri 26 June 2020.

Adoven
 Player, 697 posts
 HP 40 AC 20 F+2 R+9 W+2
 Rogue / Bard
Fri 26 Jun 2020
at 23:25
Fuzzy: The Dragons Den
Adoven shakes his head. "I'd forgotten about that map. I'll do what I can to help ferry any halfling settlers North to Tusk or Ringbridge. And I believe there is rich farmland near Fey Falls as well. Rudolphus, did you bring along any bottles of Jovvox's finest? Your breweries might find a market here in Tusk."
~Berta Roth
 NPC p, 42 posts
 Human Female Dragonfriend
 Let's do it my way
Sat 27 Jun 2020
at 06:26
Fuzzy: The Dragons Den
On this occasion, Berta is working behind the bar, though she spares a moment for a nod and a smile in greeting to Cass as he enters, having enjoyed his musical offering the last time he took to the stage, for all she was stuck outside with Folfast.

Should the major's guest want a taller chair, she'll happily bring one over for him.
Andalon de Lebeda
 Player, 948 posts
 Bishop at Cathedral of
 Abadar in Tusk City
Sat 27 Jun 2020
at 08:26
Fuzzy: The Dragons Den
Andalon smiled at the barmaid's question.

"Thankyou, I am sure Mister Redmop would be more comfortable on a more suitable chair. I would quite enjoy a pie or pastry if you have something along those lines on the menu," he replied.

When Cass mentioned the map Andalon cleared a space on the table and unrolled the parchment he had brought with him. It was a rough, hand-drawn map (see the Game Map for Group M) encompassing the area of Midmarch east of the Narlmarches, the Kamelands east of the Tuskwater and the Shrike River from north of Ringbridge all the way south to Mivon.

"Yes, after we took Fort Tusk we found this in a backpack that looked like it had belonged to a halfling priestess. It seems to show a route north from Mivon to 'Freedom', crossing that southern river at the Chain Ferry and crossing the Shrike River up near Ringbridge."