Into the depths.   Posted by AO.Group: 0
Quinn
 player, 145 posts
 Human: Paladin 3
 HP 36 : AC 18/FF 18/T 10
Fri 31 May 2019
at 11:47
Re: Into the depths
"Well now what do we do? We used up our fire and our weapons make it duplicate itself!"
Jonathan
 player, 104 posts
 Human
 Cleric
Sat 1 Jun 2019
at 02:08
Re: Into the depths
Don't use edged or piercing weapons lets try just beating it to death. Then the young cleric rushes in his magic staff spinning in the air before him, the ends of his staff lashing out at the mound on the left hitting the creature twice.


20:58, Today: Jonathan rolled 12 using 1d20+4. 1st attack 1st swing.
20:58, Today: Jonathan rolled 18 using 1d20+4. 1st attack 2nd swing.
20:58, Today: Jonathan rolled 5 using 1d20+4. 2nd attack 1st swing.
20:58, Today: Jonathan rolled 21 using 1d20+4. 2nd attack 2nd swing.
21:00, Today: Jonathan rolled 4 using 1d6+3. Damage 1 at / 2 sw.
21:01, Today: Jonathan rolled 8 using 1d6+3. Damage 2 at / 2 sw.

Yacob Stoneveins
 player, 439 posts
 Dwarven Wizard
Sat 1 Jun 2019
at 04:36
Re: Into the depths
  "Fire doesn't actually harm it. Considering it came through a fireball and the entire cave catching fire. Blunt force works. Gonna try acid and maybe lightning. If those dont work. We are retreating and I am webbing the opening shut as I can." the dwarf says as he pulls a wand and fires it.
Rivka
 player, 277 posts
 Human Ranger/Tour Guide
 AC 17 HP30/30
Sat 1 Jun 2019
at 12:02
Re: Into the depths
Kicking herself for not getting a club of some kind while they were in the woods,  Rivka stayed back from the creature
Quinn
 player, 146 posts
 Human: Paladin 3
 HP 36 : AC 18/FF 18/T 10
Sat 1 Jun 2019
at 12:09
Re: Into the depths
Quinn, hearing he needs to use a blunt weapon, rolls his ax in his hands to hit it with the flat! He moves in and swings a mighty blow, thrown off by the aerodynamics of the flat.

08:06, Today: Quinn rolled 7 using 1d8+3. damage.
08:06, Today: Quinn rolled 8 using 1d20+8 -4. to hit.
Miss

This message was last edited by the player at 11:05, Mon 03 June.

Nym Eveningfall
 player, 173 posts
 Moon Elf AC15 HP34/34
 An unjust law is no law.
Mon 3 Jun 2019
at 02:31
Re: Into the depths
Nym looks around for a good sized rock that would be a small boulder so he can try to crush them with it.
Nino
 player, 64 posts
 Dwarven Barbarian 4
 AC 16 HP 64
Wed 5 Jun 2019
at 00:00
Re: Into the depths
Nino saw a few members look for crushing weapons, but it only registered to Nino when he heard Bob Bob say "Blunt", so Nino dropped his axe and pulled out his Great Club, running in to help Inn Inn with a charging power attack!

Round 1: Nino figuring out what he needs to do and switching weapons.
Round 2: Charging power attack on Blob monster

16:56, Today: Nino rolled 21 using 1d10+14.  Possible damage.
16:55, Today: Nino rolled 14 using 1d20+6.  Charging Power attack -4.

AO
 GM, 792 posts
Mon 17 Jun 2019
at 04:59
Re: Into the depths
ROUND 3 & 4

With most people realising that Sharp objects cause it to replicate, people switch tactics. Johnathan wades into the left one, swinging his staff, causing the thing to waver and misshape, and when piecs fall off and it doesn't split, it is clear the rationalle of blunt weapons is a wise one.

Likewise, Nino, Dropping his axe, walks up to teh one on the right, and with a greatclub in hand, bats it clear across the room, knocking it into rock. Quinn walks in, swinging with the flat of his blade, but with the axe unbalanced, misses.

Nym, seeing no sizeable rocks, could only shrug at his inability to attack. Likewise Rivka, and zell, experts at bows, watched on as the two hit the jellies.

Yacob pulls a wand out then pauses, thinking of something from his past.

<OOC: Just to clarify to all, the fire did hurt the Ooze, but with the Fungus over it, it had less damage. But is was obvious that the fire melted away some of it hurting it.

Johnathan: 27/27
Nino: 64/64
Nym: 34/34
Quinn: 42/42
Rivka: 40/40
Yacob: 28/28
Zell: 28/28

Ooze 1: 17/??
Ooze 2: 19/??

Rivka
 player, 279 posts
 Human Ranger/Tour Guide
 AC 17 HP30/30
Mon 17 Jun 2019
at 06:28
Re: Into the depths
"I'm going to see what else i can find to use as a weapon!"

Feeling like she was abandoning her friends, Rivka ran to try to scrounge weaponry from elsewhere in the cavern, like perhaps knocking the end off a stalagmite or something
Quinn
 player, 149 posts
 Human: Paladin 3
 HP 36 : AC 18/FF 18/T 10
Mon 17 Jun 2019
at 11:27
Re: Into the depths
Quinn swings away with his ax again, trying to destroy the jello monster!

07:26, Today: Quinn rolled 7 using 1d8+3. damage.
07:26, Today: Quinn rolled 12 using 1d20+4. to hit.

Zell
 player, 127 posts
Mon 17 Jun 2019
at 17:22
Re: Into the depths
Zell wasn't getting anywhere near that thing, figuring Nino and Quinn were doing just fine. Instead, he looked above his head, trying to see if anything was hiding up there. Zell didn't want anything dropping on him.

10:21, Today: Zell rolled 26 using 1d20+12.  Spot check.
Jonathan
 player, 106 posts
 Human
 Cleric
Mon 17 Jun 2019
at 23:40
Re: Into the depths
Jonathan shifts his stance and whips his staff side to side, both swings connecting solidly.

18:34, Today: Jonathan rolled 15 using 1d20+4. 1swing.
18:34, Today: Jonathan rolled 19 using 1d20+4. 2nd swing.
18:35, Today: Jonathan rolled 9 using 1d6+3. damage 1sw.
18:35, Today: Jonathan rolled 4 using 1d6+3. damage 2sw. 

Nym Eveningfall
 player, 175 posts
 Moon Elf AC15 HP34/34
 An unjust law is no law.
Tue 18 Jun 2019
at 01:23
Re: Into the depths
Nym grumbles to himself in Elven as he tries to think of some way to attack the ooze.
Nino
 player, 66 posts
 Dwarven Barbarian 4
 AC 16 HP 64
Thu 20 Jun 2019
at 00:30
Re: Into the depths
Nino is simple. He keeps whacking the blob goo until it doesn't move anymore. He doesn't care if it takes all day.

17:29, Today: Nino rolled 16,22 using 1d10+14,1d10+14.  Damage to blob.
17:28, Today: Nino rolled 17,11 using 1d20+4,1d20+4.  Power attack-4.

AO
 GM, 794 posts
Sat 22 Jun 2019
at 03:56
Re: Into the depths
with Nym, Rivka and Zell looking around for either weapons or other dangers, the three people who attack are quinn, Nino and Johnathan.

Quinn and Johnathan swing at the same blob. the blunt axes side doing a little damage, but johnathans staff slams it, causing the cube to collapse into a pool of goo.  Nino, growling, slams his cube twice causing pieces of it to spread across the room and on the dwarf. neither ooze reforms.

(OOC: Combat is done....XP will be tallied and added to all asap. the cave has two passages leading to the south...the one on the left has the most prominent sound of water)

Anyone searching roll a search roll

This message was last edited by the GM at 04:58, Sat 22 June.

Rivka
 player, 280 posts
 Human Ranger/Tour Guide
 AC 17 HP30/30
Sat 22 Jun 2019
at 04:13
Re: Into the depths
Thoroughly annoyed with herself for not being able to help, Rivka searched the area trying to make up for her failure
Nym Eveningfall
 player, 176 posts
 Moon Elf AC15 HP34/34
 An unjust law is no law.
Sat 22 Jun 2019
at 11:22
Re: Into the depths
Nym searches the area.

OOC: 07:20, Today: Nym Eveningfall rolled 12 using 1d20+10.  Search.

Apparently Nym is either annoyed by his inability to help the group in combat or is just plain out of his normal world in this underground world as he can't find a single thing.  lol

Quinn
 player, 150 posts
 Human: Paladin 3
 HP 36 : AC 18/FF 18/T 10
Sat 22 Jun 2019
at 11:35
Re: Into the depths
07:34, Today: Quinn rolled 7 using 1d20. search. Quinn finds nothing.
Jonathan
 player, 107 posts
 Human
 Cleric
Sat 22 Jun 2019
at 13:28
Re: Into the depths
Jonathan starts to search for a few seconds, but soon finds himself distracted, once again lost writing in his journal.



08:20, Today: Jonathan rolled 8 using 1d20+3. searching.
Nino
 player, 67 posts
 Dwarven Barbarian 4
 AC 16 HP 64
Mon 24 Jun 2019
at 14:39
Re: Into the depths
Nino looks around for anything that looks like a blob, hitting it with his club until told to stop.
Yacob Stoneveins
 player, 441 posts
 Dwarven Wizard
Mon 24 Jun 2019
at 15:33
Re: Into the depths
  Yacob looks at Nino and chuckles "You missed one. Go smash that and then stop."

 He then starts to look around. Something must have brought those two to this room, but what.

Got a 14 on search check.

This message was last edited by the player at 15:34, Mon 24 June.

Nino
 player, 68 posts
 Dwarven Barbarian 4
 AC 16 HP 64
Tue 25 Jun 2019
at 13:56
Re: Into the depths
Nino smashes the goo on the ground where Bob-Bob indicated and then looked around for his axe that he dropped. Nino seems pretty happy that he killed the goo monster.
Quinn
 player, 151 posts
 Human: Paladin 3
 HP 36 : AC 18/FF 18/T 10
Tue 25 Jun 2019
at 14:00
Re: Into the depths
Quinn goes to Nino and claps him on the back! "Very good fight Nino, you did VERY well!"
Zell
 player, 130 posts
Wed 26 Jun 2019
at 20:35
Re: Into the depths
"Yeah, remind me not to piss him off." Zell said to Quinn about Nino

Looking around the place, he didn't see anymore goo moving around, but decided to search the area because this would be an unfortunate place where adventurers might have died.

Take 10 on search for an 18.
AO
 GM, 795 posts
Wed 26 Jun 2019
at 22:48
Re: Into the depths
The group spread out around the cavern searching the area.  Rivka spots the silvery glint that was near the ooze....a dagger made of unusual metal. Yacob spots a small pile covered by ash from the fungus, and brushing it, finds a skeleton, long dead, with another dagger with some dwarfish runes on it

But it is zell who has the most luck.

In the back, he finds an old pack containing rotting items, a pouch with some coins, a small skeleton with a cloak that is in surprisingly good condition, a scroll case and a wand.

<OOC: I am assuming you will be going south towards the water sound. I will update the map tonight and move the post along shortly after that.

You found in this cavern 2 daggers, a cloak, a scroll case, a wand and some coins (2 gold and 5 silver)>.