The War Room.   Posted by Plo Koon.Group: 0
Maho
 player, 11 posts
 Mandarian Swordsaint
 Miracle of Violence
Thu 16 Jun 2016
at 21:28
The War Room
Accompanying the Rho retreat to O11, Maho yearns to draw his sword in combat, but he knows he promised Miriel he would stay to rearguard... for now.  Tactics still dictate ranged weaponry...  He continues firing at the droids assaulting their position, covering Dynamo and SD1.  Dynamo will blow the charges as soon as the team gets clear.

"Fight on, men!  EMERIA!"  Miriel races to engage the melee units with Lillerik, hoping to strike these foes down quickly with her blazing sword.  Striker does his best to staunch Rampart's wound and try to duck their way past the melee units and back to the main group, back to Bloodmaker.  Hammer will continue to lay suppressive fire at the main group of droids.




Maho: 19!
Miriel: 10
Steelheart Squad: 7
Rampart (don't die!): 8

Plo Koon
 GM, 47 posts
 Jedi Master
 Mission Overseer
Fri 17 Jun 2016
at 16:47
The War Room
Ryoko is filled with a burning sense of clearness Ö to take out the target.  He runs forward, felling bots to the left and right as he goes.  As he approaches the Foundry, he sees that there are several bridges spanning the molten chasm below.  He veers through the onslaught toward the southern bridge, as blaster fire rages all around him.  The heavy unit fires at him, too, but he still has nothing more than grazes.  His target stands atop the building, but Ryoko is fairly certain his battle fury will allow him to leap off the head of one of the units in front of him to the top of the Foundry.

Maho lays down a rain of fire on the enemy robots.  Part of him delights in the carnage that he is causing, but the other part seethes that he is not in the thick of it.  His dragon lash hisses and tries to get to the bots.  He knows, had he ran forward, that his current state would have taken many of the enemy.  It does not help to see Ryoko running forward as he would like to do Ö grrr.  What will the Mandarin think of this?

Lillerik and Miriel square up next to each other, as the rockets pound into the advancing melee units.  SS3 fires true, and the closer bot is rocked backwards.  Lillerik veers off to engage the other unit, leaving the damaged bot to Miriel.  Miriel tries a swing at the metal monstrosity, but is pushed back by its furious attacks.  She grits her teeth and parries the blows, however.  Lillerik catches a wicked cut on his shield and then scores a hit of his own on the melee unitís extended leg, creating a sparking rent.  The fight continues!  They are in K11.

Rho pulls back, and they detonate their explosives.  The Communications Center explodes, the dish collapsing to the ground below and the whole thing bursting into flame.  The Demo clones nod in satisfaction, as the team moves into O10 and holds position there.  Luckily, most of the enemy fire is directed towards Lamda and Ryoko at the moment.

Lamda holds firm in L11, as Striker and Rampart fall back to join them.  Bloodmaker runs to Rampart and stabilizes him, crouching behind the line of fire as best they can.  SS4 takes a blaster shot through the visor and brain, and falls dead to the ground.  RR2 is hit as well, his shin exploding with the force of an enemy blast.  He is on the ground and will not be getting up without assistance.  RM2 gets to work on stopping the bleeding.

Most of the bots that stood the field when you arrived are down, but they continue to stream out of the Foundry across the bridges, immediately engaging.


Spoiler text: (Highlight or hover over the text to view)
Reroll to Ryoko, Reroll +1 to Steelheart, Reroll +2 to Spectre


Lillerik
 player, 6 posts
Fri 17 Jun 2016
at 17:02
The War Room
In reply to Plo Koon (msg # 99):

Lillerik puts everything he has into attacking the melee unit once he sees it damaged, calling to RS6 and 10 to cover he and Miriel.  He attacks from a crouch, cutting furiously at the legs, hoping to get the bot off its feet now that he's hit there.  He holds his shield out and above in defense, trying to make a small target and have the Melee unit's blows slide off the shield to the sides.

Lambda stands it's ground in L11, RM2 taking RR2 behind the line to work on him.

Race presses Rho forward, aiming to meet up with Lambda in L11 and reinforce them so they can push toward the Foundry.



Lillerik: 9
Race: 1... Reroll+2: 9+2= 11
Spectre Squad: 16
Respawn Squad: 15
Miriel
 player, 18 posts
 Iron Swan
 Heart of Steel
Fri 17 Jun 2016
at 18:10
The War Room
Despite the danger, despite the death, Miriel is... exhilarated!  She counters, and attempts the Knight's Cross, attempting to pull the unit's shield to the side before pounding downwards with her Blazing Sword.

Behind her, Striker and Hammer continue the general attack against the droids from the foundry.  Bloodmaker is ready to get the next troop who falls.  Rampart is focused on staying alive, but (if he's conscious), he's keeping his eyes to the sides and behind, in case anymore unpleasant surprises show up.

Maho snorts steam.  Miriel is in melee, and Sodogan has run off.  Now is my time.  He begins charging towards the foundry, perhaps with a radiating haze of red energy trailing in his wake.  "BLOOD AND GLORY!  SEE ME!  I AM THE PINNACLE OF WAR!" he screams.  He takes the thermal detonator he had been holding since the killing field and sticks it onto the gatling cannon, activating it and hurling the weapon into the droids as soon as he comes in adequate range, then draws his sword and begins dancing the Miracle of Violence.

Dynamo sees Maho run off.  "Alright then."  He sticks with the rest of Rho, knowing he'll need to move quickly to the Foundry once they carve an opening.




Miriel: 16
Maho: 16
Steelheart Squad: 19!

This message was last edited by the player at 18:10, Fri 17 June 2016.

Ryoko Sodogan
 player, 15 posts
Sun 19 Jun 2016
at 19:37
The War Room
Time to make the jump.


Ryoko: 8... (Reroll +2) 19 + 2 = 21

Spoiler text: (Highlight or hover over the text to view)
Might as well start using the rerolls, I have 5 left

Plo Koon
 GM, 48 posts
 Jedi Master
 Mission Overseer
Tue 21 Jun 2016
at 17:04
The War Room
Maho pounds forward, invoking the blood god and hurling his rigged machine gun into a close mass of bots.  It explodes and sends their metal corpses flying.  He unsheathes his sword and rains blows upon the droids that stand against him, who fall to his rage.  He cuts his way forward.

Ryoko is a seething mass of battle fury.  He sees the robots firing at him pitifully, not even grazing him.  The Heavy fires both cannons furiously towards him, but is doing a better job of hitting his own troops than Ryoko.  He sees the path clearly before him, he leaps!  He lands with a foot on each of the closest botís shoulders, and then coils and springs.  He lands deftly on the roof in front of the Heavy Unit.  The huge robot lifts its cannons towards Ryoko, but to no avail Ö a fully revitalized spirit arm surges forward and fires its spirit gun twice, one shot into each of the robotís cannons Ö they shudder and explode!  The samurai never stops his run, and leaps once again, swinging his sword in one deadly arc that frees the droidís head from its shoulders.  Ryoko lands in a catlike position on the other side, as the robotís body hangs suspended and headless for a moment, and then shudders and explodes.  Ryoko stands to gaze out upon the field below him, seeing the enemy almost decimated.  War is good.

Miriel is unsure of her maneuver as the melee bot comes in with a vicious sweep towards her side, but she knocks the weapon away and then uses the momentum of the swing to bat the unitís shield away.  She then executes a powerful downward sweep that rends the already damaged bot from its face down to its chest.  It falls, sparking.

Lillerik feels much more sure of his attack, his shield having been his greatest ally thus far in  this battle.  He goes into the maneuver, his shield high to protect himself as he goes in for the attack.  He misjudges the speed of the wounded unit, however, and its glaive sweeps down in a crushing blow before he can swing.  Lillerik catches the weapon on his shield, but hears the terrible crack as his shield arm breaks.  He falls to the ground in agony, watching as the melee unit towers over him and prepares to finish him.  As it begins its swing, Lillerik sees blaster shots hit the bot in quick succession, first to the chest and then to the head.  The head rocks back, and then the whole robot tips slowly backwards as it falls to the ground, destroyed.  Trigger runs to your side, his blaster rifle smoking.  You see him motioning for a medic, as he kneels next to you and you assess the rest of your body.

Lamda and Rho pull together and form up, beginning to surge towards the Foundry.  Most of the bots have been cleared on the field, and the ones that are coming out of the Foundry are bottlenecked and easy to pick off.  Since destroying the Communications Dish, they seem to be muddled in their attack.  In fact, the battle in the sky above seems to have turned in the Council Forceís favor, from what you can see.

As the groups approach the Foundry, a bot that Ryoko fell but did not destroy lifts itself up and fires on your troops, taking Striker full in the chest and killing him instantly.  SM2 sees to Lillerik as the rest of your forces mop up what remains of the enemy and set charges on the Foundry.  As Ryoko is leaping down, he spots a sleek, black ship cruising down from above.  It appears to be Stikfas in make.  Your units pull back from the Foundry and prepare to blow the explosives, as Ryoko points out and you all see the ship coming towards you.

Lillerik, RM2, RR2 and SM2 are in L11 (Lillerik is able to walk/run, his shield arm useless for now but stabilized, RR2 is stable but will not be able to walk), and the rest of your forces have joined in K15.


Spoiler text: (Highlight or hover over the text to view)
Reroll to Ryoko, reroll to Steelheart.

Race
 player, 18 posts
Tue 21 Jun 2016
at 17:33
The War Room
In reply to Plo Koon (msg # 103):

Lillerik makes sure his left arm is strapped securely to his body so he can swing his sword with his right.  He regrets losing the shield and sees it as a poor omen of what's to come.  As the ship comes in, he directs SM2 to take his shield and the four of them get behind it: Lillerik, SM2, RM2, and RR2.  He tells RR2 to get a rocket ready if the ship opens fire or if Stikfas come pouring out.

Race moves the force back toward K13 as they detonate the explosives, making sure Maho and Ryoko are clear.  He has the remaining troops take up a defensive position ready to fire on the ship:

              RD1      SS3(R)

                       R       SW
  RS6                              SD1
       RS10                  SS7
            SS11 SS1 SS6(H)

             (Facing South)

Race instructs SS3 to prep a rocket ready to fire if the ship shows aggression.  He also aims his final missile ready to fire.  In the meantime, he wonders what happened to SH1 strapped to that walker.  (Rolling for it!)



Lillerik: 19
Race: 18
Spectre Squad: 18
Respawn Squad: 1
Individual roll for SH1 to have somehow made it around through the gates on his walker: 6 LOL!

This message was last edited by the player at 17:34, Tue 21 June 2016.

Maho
 player, 12 posts
 Mandarian Swordsaint
 Miracle of Violence
Tue 21 Jun 2016
at 21:18
The War Room
Hammer takes a moment to say goodbye to Striker, and he relieves his comrade of his popper and thermal detonator.

Maho rejoins the main force, a grin on his face.  "Destroy it!" he calls to Dynamo, referring to the Foundry.

Miriel directs Hammer to join the defensive perimeter, near RD1.  Bloodmaker sets Rampart up as best as he is able to nearby.


Spoiler text: (Highlight or hover over the text to view)
Is Rampart conscious?  Or would he have been left back over in the L11 area?


Miriel looks to the rest of the commanders.  "I am going to take a look on top of the command ship, where the Melee units emerged.  Cover me."  She takes wing to the top to see if the units emerged from a hatch, and if there is any way to get the troops up.




Maho: 6... Reroll is 15
Miriel: 11... Using a reroll+2 - got a 19 +2 is 21!
Steelheart: 12
Ryoko Sodogan
 player, 16 posts
Wed 22 Jun 2016
at 03:56
The War Room
Ryoko sits down and meditates in preparation for the coming destruction and robotic onslaught.


Ryoko: 13
Plo Koon
 GM, 49 posts
 Jedi Master
 Mission Overseer
Wed 22 Jun 2016
at 13:53
The War Room
Your units take position, as the black craft hums lower and lower.  Rampart is up and walking, but slow and breathing irregularly.  You hit the detonators, as a fresh wave of standard SCE robots begins to charge across the bridges.  The structure shudders, and then explodes in a fiery gush that reaches hundreds of feet in the air.  Debris rains down around you, but nothing large enough to do your troops any damage.  Your attention quickly returns to the Stikfas vessel, however, as it is now very close.  Your troops train their weapons on it, but it has not fired shots or suggested threat ... not yet, at least.  It is relatively small, about the size of a clone dropship but appearing more like a fighter.

Race tries to contact SH1, but there is no reply ... doesn't look too good for him.

Miriel lands atop the Command Ship and looks around.  She sees several hatches, but all seem to be sealed.  She pulls on them to no avail, and then turns to see the Stikfas ship now lowering past her towards the ground.

The ship comes to rest in O12.  A landing platform lowers and steam issues from the opening.  Three black shapes materialize from the darkness and step to the bottom of the ramp.  They are Stikfas, and of advanced make, it appears.  Two stand in the front a little to either side, with glowing blue shields activated and nasty looking blasters trained on your group.  The third is sleek and dangerous looking, with a dark red cape billowing around him and a sword on its back.  He draws the sword free.  He holds it in one hand, but it looks as if he could just as easily wield it with two.  It glows with a bright blue tracery of lines.  They stop at the bottom of the ramp, and the robot with the sword speaks in a cold and terrible voice, dead and devoid of emotion.

"You are to put your weapons down and surrender, and join the one we already hold captive.  The clones will be given a quick death, but the master would like to speak to your leaders.  The alternative:  death."  His head cocks to the side slightly on this last word, perhaps in mockery or maybe contemplation.  It is unclear.


Spoiler text: (Highlight or hover over the text to view)
2 rerolls to Spectre, and a reroll +1 to Spectre
1 reroll +1 to Steelheart


Race
 player, 19 posts
Wed 22 Jun 2016
at 14:30
The War Room
In reply to Plo Koon (msg # 107):

Race calmly says a few orders through the comm: "SS3, rocket on the eastern target.  RR2 on the western.  Full advance on my command.  If you've got any ordinance left, use it."

Then he amplifies his voice and speaks out loud: "I don't know about you guys, but that's the gayest robot I've ever seen.  These are men, not cattle, you over-engineered pile of space shit."

With that he fires off his final missile at the leader, calling for the full charge.

Lillerik groans as he sees RM2 steady RR2 as he locks in his rocket launcher with it's final rocket.  "Bane's Balls.  Why do I always get caught up in this heroism."  He turns to SM2.  "Come, soldier.  You shall bear my shield.  Keep the blaster shots from me and get me close enough to bring my weapon to bare."  With that he charges off toward the Stikfas.

Let the bodies hit the floor...



Lillerik: 11
Race: 1... Reroll+1: 11+1 = 12
Spectre Squad: 6
Respawn Squad: 12
Individual roll SS3 (rocket): 17
Individual roll RR2 (rocket): 16

This message was last edited by the player at 14:31, Wed 22 June 2016.

Ryoko Sodogan
 player, 17 posts
Wed 22 Jun 2016
at 14:51
The War Room
Ryoko opens his eyes and says, "Koketsu ni irazunba koji wo ezu!"
He then runs off, ready to collect even more kills than Maho.


Ryoko: 2 (auto reroll) 17
Plo Koon
 GM, 50 posts
 Jedi Master
 Mission Overseer
Wed 22 Jun 2016
at 14:57
The War Room
In reply to Ryoko Sodogan (msg # 109):


Spoiler text: (Highlight or hover over the text to view)
50 dkp to Collin for Ryoko's excellent Japanese Proverb!

Ghost
 player, 6 posts
Wed 22 Jun 2016
at 14:59
The War Room
In reply to Plo Koon (msg # 110):


Spoiler text: (Highlight or hover over the text to view)
You mean 50 tkp (tiger kill points)!

Plo Koon
 GM, 51 posts
 Jedi Master
 Mission Overseer
Wed 22 Jun 2016
at 15:39
The War Room
In reply to Ghost (msg # 111):


Spoiler text: (Highlight or hover over the text to view)
Nice

Miriel
 player, 19 posts
 Iron Swan
 Heart of Steel
Wed 22 Jun 2016
at 18:39
The War Room
Miriel stays low during the conversation.  She knows what Race's likely response will be, and it just might give her an opportunity.

"Fight, heroes of ages!  FIGHT!" Maho orders the few remaining Steelheart clones.  Hammer, Bloodmaker, and Rampart throw their remaining thermal detonators (two from Hammer, one from the other two) at the Stikfas, then they and Dynamo shoot for all they are worth.  Maho runs in to attack the shield unit to the east, hoping to engage it and have the dragon come in overhead in a scorpion tail sting of death.

Emeria be with me.  After the initial volley, Miriel launches herself from one ship to another, using her superior maneuverability to hit the western shield Stikfas directly from the side, hopefully behind its defenses.  If she can, she'll tear through them all.




Miriel: 8... Reroll+1 is 10+1 = 11... Reroll again for a 14 (assuming +1 doesn't carry over, but I'd love it if it did!)
Maho: 1... Reroll+1 is 12+1 = 13
Steelheart Squad: 9
Individual Roll for Hammer's two detonators: also 9


Really hoping they roll low...
Plo Koon
 GM, 52 posts
 Jedi Master
 Mission Overseer
Wed 22 Jun 2016
at 20:30
The War Room

Spoiler text: (Highlight or hover over the text to view)
Let the bodies hit the floor ...



Like beautiful clockwork, the rockets from SS3 and SS6 slam into the two shield units in perfect tandem, rocking them back and throwing off their first shots.  The damage is visible even from far back, and that encourages all of you.  Their leader looks unperturbed, however, as he shifts to a two-handed stance.  Race's missile explodes at his feet, and the fire washes him in angry light.

The charge begins, guns blazing from your men.  Ryoko and Maho charge out in front, but cannot make it to their targets just yet.  Lillerik's team is also surging forward, but slowed somewhat by their numbers and Lillerik's wound.

The shield units start to fire, and their guns sound like booming explosions ... the dreaded Stikfas hole punchers.  One shell tears through SS11's face, and he hits the ground hard.  The other hits Lillerik's shield dead on.  SM2 loses the grip and the shield flies backwards ... Lillerik has a moment to consider the idiocy of war and futility of heroism as his own shield flies towards him and then directly into his face.  He hears it ring off his helmet, and then all is black.  His troops see him go down, and RM2 goes to work ... the elf is barely breathing ... the medic will do his best to keep him alive.

Miriel leaps gracefully from ship to ship, and then to the ground flanking the bots.  She is unnoticed ... she will strike!  And then the Leader suddenly turns his head and leaps towards her, sword upraised.  She swings a mighty blow, but he knocks it aside.  She just barely catches his next swing on her shield ... her shield arm feels numb from the power of the strike.  He advances, but keeps his shield units between himself and your ranged attackers.

The rest of your balster fire seems to patter against the enemy's armor but cause no damage.


Spoiler text: (Highlight or hover over the text to view)
Let the bodies hit the ... FLOOR!!!!!

This message was last edited by the GM at 20:32, Wed 22 June 2016.

Maho
 player, 13 posts
 Mandarian Swordsaint
 Miracle of Violence
Wed 22 Jun 2016
at 22:03
The War Room
Maho roars out to the Mandarin as he charges the shield unit.  He is going to leap directly at the shield, hoping to brazenly overwhelm the unit with his mass, as his dragon attacks from unexpected angles.

Bloodmaker goes to assist RM2 in keeping Lillerik alive.  Dynamo covers the medics and the fallen elf.  Rampart grits his teeth against his injury and continues to pressure the Stikfas as best he can.  Hammer recalls earlier words of Miriel's, the call to be the Hammer of Justice.  "I hear, Lady," he says to himself.  "You be the anvil."  He waits for the perfect shot to go through the shields and pound the lead Stikfas.

Miriel lays her diamond gaze at this embodiment of evil.  Her vision is filled with memories of her previous battles against the dark, and her own imaginings of the tales told by Townsend, and Aesis, and Lothor, and ... Dante!  She remembers Zendikar.  She screams out, "JUSTICE!" and lays at the thing with the hand of righteousness.




Maho: 6... penultimate reroll is a 19!!!
Miriel: 18!!!!
Steelheart Squad: 13
Hammer: 18!!!!!!!!

Ryoko Sodogan
 player, 18 posts
Thu 23 Jun 2016
at 02:09
The War Room
Ryoko is going to overwhelm his opponent with his blazing Samurai Speed!


Ryoko: 5... 17
Race
 player, 20 posts
Thu 23 Jun 2016
at 11:41
The War Room
In reply to Plo Koon (msg # 114):

SM2 struggles to stabilize Lillerik, putting stim packs into his arm and addressing his wound.  He radios to RM2 to join him at his position to assist.

Race sees Maho and Ryoko making speed lines toward the two shield units and calls to his force to pour on fire before they engage in melee.  He directs most of the clones to fire at Ryoko's unit and concentrates his own fire on Maho's.  He calls "popper!" to Vanguard as the clone pulls out in front of the others.

Vanguard pulls a droid popper out as he flags just behind Maho in the charge.  He remembers his training, the soft deft touch of getting the popper just under the droid to make it effective.  Just as Maho is about to engage, he rolls the popper like Dave "Boo Boo" Ziegler sliding a shuffleboard puck in overtime...



Lillerik: 13
Race: 19
Spectre Squad: 9
Respawn Squad: 20!
Individual roll for Vanguard (popper): 16



Spoiler text: (Highlight or hover over the text to view)
For the purposes of helping you resolve that 20, there are 5 members of Respawn squad left.  The medic running to help Lillerik (RM2), the rocket soldier with the injured leg back by the big ship (RR2, out of rockets), and three with Race's group: RD1, RS6, RS10 (Trigger) who would be firing toward Ryoko's unit.

Plo Koon
 GM, 53 posts
 Jedi Master
 Mission Overseer
Thu 23 Jun 2016
at 14:14
The War Room
Teams Spectre and Respawn lay on the fire, as three medics converge on Lillerik.  They remove his helmet to reveal a bloody mess Ö his nose and at least one cheek and orbital bone have been badly broken and he is certainly concussed.  Had they not gotten to him so quickly he would probably not have survived, but they provide quick and effective stim injections and manage to stabilize the wounded elf, working on the keeping the swelling his brain down.

Hammer lines up his shot and fires, but itís difficult with the shield units blocking the way.  His first shot goes wild, but he think he scores at least one solid hit with his next few shots Ö sure that the Leader bot staggered for a moment.  Raceís cannon roars and pelts the unit about to engage Maho, and his HUD shows smoking holes in its carapace Ö Race smiles and goes on gunning.  Many of the troopers seem to be landing shots against the shields of the enemy, but Trigger and his two Respawn companions take their time and see their bullets hit home beyond the protection of the other unitís shield, leaving it reeling as Ryoko closes in.  The poppers, unfortunately, seem to have no effect whatsoever on the Stikfas monsters.

Ryoko is unstoppable, it seems Ö a super samurai.  He takes a grazing shot from the shield unitís cannon on his shoulder, but it does not slow him.  He wastes no time, delivering a quick kick to the robotís shield to push it aside, and then driving his blade through the place where its heart would be, if it were human.  Ryoko looks to his next target, his shoulder bleeding but of little worry to the warrior.  The droid falls to the ground, destroyed.

Maho sees Raceís shots hit home, and frowns thinking that his glory might be taken.  No matter, it is his to finish!  He gets to it as it raises its Holepuncher, and slams into its shield, lashing out with his sword as he does so.  He revels in the feel of his steel sliding into and easily through the metallic guts and machinations within the bot.

BOOM.  Even as the robot crumples and Mahoís furious assault, his shot goes off.  Heads turn on the field to see Maho lying atop the fallen Stikfas as the gun fires, and a jet of blood and gore spews from Mahoís back.  The sword saint shudders and lies still.

The Leader glances to see his two shield units going down, and Miriel thinks she sees anger in its red eyes.  She also sees him hit several times by blaster fire, and as she renews her attack he lifts an arm and the shield of the closer unit flies into his hand.  He shifts his sword to his left hand and the shield on his right to try and ward the gunfire from that direction as he engages you.  He is damn fast.  She takes a cut across her side as she goes in for her attack, a fresh wash of blood running down inside her armor.  She uses the Leaderís own momentum, though, to cut hard and fast, drawing her blade across its shoulder.  The attack draws a gash in its armor and it bellows in cold, metallic rage.

Maho steps through the red curtain of blood and into a palace of grisly grandeur.  For the 2nd time, he sees the Mandarin.  The red god turns his head to regard the warrior before him.  ďYou have finally come to sit my court, Blood Warrior?  I have been waiting for some time, and there is much need of your rage.Ē


Spoiler text: (Highlight or hover over the text to view)
Shield unit rolled a 20 against Maho Ö you can engage the Mandarin in conversation, if youíd like.


This message was last edited by the GM at 14:14, Thu 23 June 2016.

Race
 player, 21 posts
Thu 23 Jun 2016
at 18:49
The War Room
In reply to Plo Koon (msg # 118):

RM2 continues to work on Lillerik as RR2 hobbles over to their position, using his spent rocket launcher as a crutch.  SM2 gets Lillerik's shield and lays it next to him.  He radios out: "Command, this is Spectre Medic 2 calling for med-evac.  I've turned on my beacon.  We're inside the compound."   He looks up to see the shot rip through Maho's back and yells to Bloodmaker: "Go to him!"

Race sees Miriel engaged and Ryoko set to move that way.  Firing into that fray will cause more harm than good.  "SW, line up a shot at that lead bot.  Aim for the head.  Take your time so you don't hit our side."

He turns to the rest of his group. "Spectre Squad, with me.  He said something about a captive, and we're going to check out that small ship." (SS1/Vanguard, SS3, 6, 7, SD1). "Respawn squad, cover those medics and fire on that leader if you get a shot." (RS6, RS10/Trigger, RD1).

Trigger watches Race lead his squad around the embattled Miriel and Stikfas leader.  He sees SW lining up his sites.  His two compatriots run over to Maho's body, but Trigger stands, hands gripping his long rifle.  At the last moment, something breaks in his mind.  Something tells him he's the hero and there's a lady in distress.  He runs toward the Stikfas.  Surely he won't notice pathetic fodder like me.   He's not sure what he plans on doing, just that he's going to save Miriel.  He puts his head down and bull rushes at the Stikfas leader's back...



Lillerik: 9
Race: 11
Spectre Squad: 4... Reroll 2... so: 4
Respawn Squad: 6
Individual roll SW (sniper shot): 6
Individual roll Trigger: 16

This message was last edited by the player at 18:50, Thu 23 June 2016.

Ryoko Sodogan
 player, 19 posts
Thu 23 Jun 2016
at 21:22
The War Room
It's time to finish this.


Ryoko: 19 !!!
Miriel
 player, 20 posts
 Iron Swan
 Heart of Steel
Thu 23 Jun 2016
at 22:05
The War Room
Miriel sees Maho fall from the corner of her eye.  Oh Maho... She can't spare a second glance, not against this opponent.  "By all the powers of Justice, I smite thee!" she cries out, driving her attack forward.  She is aiming to feint high and then aim for a severing strike at one of the thing's arms.

Hammer sees SW line his shot, and he's ready to do the same.  Rampart stays with Respawn squad over Lillerik.  Dynamo and Bloodmaker rush forward to Maho's body.  Bloodmaker does everything he can, but he knows it may not be enough.  "Come on!" he says.  "COME ON!  You can't die now!"  He has a crazy idea; he cuts his own forearm on Maho's sword and drips the blood onto Maho's wound.  "Blood for the Blood God... Blood for the Blood God..."  Dynamo is bewildered at his brother's actions, but stands guard.




Maho drops to one knee and bows his head.  "Great Indomitable Blood Dragon, I am yours to command.  Show me where my rage serves best.  I will continue to perform my part in the Grand Engineer's War Machine.  I..."  He steadies himself.  "Wondrous Wheel of Life and Death... these Stikfas have allied themselves with a servant of the Hated Snake, as you in your Infinite Power know.  I yearned to spill his blood, but found only robots.  It is surely the greatest honor of my humble existence to be welcomed into the Magnificent Crimson Court, but I come with the regret of not finishing that battle!"




Miriel: 10... using last reroll...... 12
Steelheart Squad: 3... ugh
Bloodmaker: 11

Maho: 16 - Blood for the Blood God!

This message was last edited by the player at 22:08, Thu 23 June 2016.

Plo Koon
 GM, 54 posts
 Jedi Master
 Mission Overseer
Fri 24 Jun 2016
at 00:54
The War Room
The Mandarin looks at Maho, and then shakes his head slowly.  "Do you truly wish to end that pathetic metal creature?  I fear your compassion for your ... friends ... is a weakness that I will have to purge."  His voice is the growl of a thousand terrible dragons ...

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Bloodmaker lets his own blood flow over his leader's blade ... but there is nary a stirring from the warrior's corpse ...

Your combatants converge on the enemy leader, who seems to be undeterred by your numbers.

He sidesteps Miriel's attack, and his shield swings and catches her in the back and sends her sprawling.  He dodges each of Ryoko's furious attacks, and their swords come together so hard that Ryoko is pushed back several feet, skidding across the ground.  Ryoko and Miriel charge, side by side in a joint attack.  It is flawless ... an attack of terrible fury, but the robot's sword is a blur of motion.  He knocks their swords aside, the force of his blow stunning them and making them reel as he comes back around in an arc that will surely decapitate them both ...

The world goes red.  The stench of death and blood and dying fills all of your nostrils, and Maho is there.  Changed ... terrible to behold ... but Maho, just the same.  The Stikfas blade buries itself deep in Maho's side, cutting through to the center of his chest, but stopping the attack before it can kill the Swan and the Samurai (The Swan and the Samurai is an epic poem that will later be created, certainly).  He grasps the sword in both his hands, energy pulsing through his celestial body.  He grits his teeth and smiles.  "My blood ..."

Miriel and Ryoko don't waste the opportunity, they charge the robot anew.  They are truly a sight to behold as they converge on their enemy.

A backhand sends Miriel spinning off to the ground, blood gushing from her mouth ... but not before she brings her blade across the Stikfas' chest in a deep rent.
An uppercut of great force flips Ryoko backwards twice and to the ground with a jarring crunch ... but not before he plunges his sword through the robot's abdomen.

The wounds stagger the black terror, who sinks to his knees before the combatants.  His terrible voice sounds again.  "Fools.  There are millions of us ..."  It cannot get back up, and falls forward but catches itself with a hand.  He tries to rise.

Trigger steps through the haze, somehow managing to heft one of the shield unit's Holepunchers.  He holds it firmly to the Stikfas' Royal Unit's head, and pulls the trigger.  Its head explodes in a shower of sparks and shards of metal, and it collapses to the ground, finally still.  Everyone stares at the chaos around, as Ryoko and Miriel are helped up and attended by the medics.  Maho's celestial body has disappeared, there is just his corpse now where it fell atop the shield unit.



Race steps onto the ramp, his troops covering his approach.  He looks around the hold, and sees the bruised and battered body of a clone slumped and manacled against the wall.  Race approaches cautiously, wary of fowl play.  There is something wrong about the commander, but it is certainly Judge.  Is he dead?  Suddenly, Judge coughs and looks up at Race.  Blood trickles from his mouth and a crimson wash down his chin and onto his cracked and marred chest armor.  He grunts with the effort, but manages to speak.

"Uh ... I ... he took them!" Judge gasps, and Race notices what is missing.  The big irons no longer sit his sides, just empty holsters.

"Who took them?"

"Tried to ... wanted me to join him.  Took my damn guns!"

"Who Judge?  Who are you talking about?"


"K... Kuh ... Kyle ...."  Judge fades from consciousness and slumps to the floor.

Race thinks on this, and SD1 steps forward.

"Pardon my interruption, sir.  But this thing appears to have a return command.  We could load it with explosives and hope that takes care of that command ship from the inside."

Race nods, and gives the orders to have Judge carried out while they wait for the dropship.  As the dropship lifts itself away, you all watch the Stikfas Command Ship burst into a dazzling explosion.  Reports are that D-9 is still in dispute, but that the Council has taken the clear upper hand ... on this front, at least.  You think back on everything that happened.  The men lost.  All  those who won't return.  All those who won't return the same.  Race is the only agent not fully immersed in a bacta tank.  And you all think upon the implications that this battle has posed.  Was it worth it?

The war rages on.

The end