The War Room.   Posted by Plo Koon.Group: 0
Plo Koon
 GM, 1 post
Thu 3 Mar 2016
at 19:09
The War Room
Communication from Master Plo Koon:

Greetings, commanders!

Please prepare yourselves for incoming transmission. 

This message was last edited by the GM at 20:25, Thu 03 Mar 2016.

Plo Koon
 GM, 3 posts
Thu 3 Mar 2016
at 21:52
The War Room
Most esteemed commanders,

I have come to each of you with a dire proposal.  As you know, war has broken out across the worlds, as various forces of evil mobilize against those planets and systems affiliated with the Council.  Our forces, such as they are, are spread thin … and growing thinner.  Some planets have given aid, but too few.  Too few by far.  You may also know that the Jedi Order acted as generals within the Republic that was.  While this ultimately had questionable results, I believe the idea to have been a sound one.  I am asking that each of your teams send two agents to lead a cadre of clone troopers in to battle.  Your four teams: Spectre, Steelheart, AWOL and Respawn, have worked together admirably in the past.  I hope that this force will be suitable for the mission we are proposing.

At your disposal, each squad will have the following twenty clone units:

- Twelve standard troopers, armed with DC-15 long rifles and one thermal detonator each.
- Two demolitions troopers, armed with DC-15 short rifles and an explosives kit that contains enough explosive for 5 blasts (set to timed, detonator or proximity) as well as the tools needed to disarm enemy explosives.  They also will have one thermal detonator each.
- Two medic troopers, armed with DC-15 short rifles and full medical kit including stims and bandages.  One thermal detonator each.
- Two heavy gunner troopers, armed with a Z-6 rotary cannon, one thermal detonator and a pistol.
- Two rocket troopers, armed with a DC-15 short rifle, one thermal detonator and a rocket launcher with ten rockets each.

All troopers will be outfitted with standard clone gear: 20’ light cable, 1 EMP grenade each (droid popper), standard rations

Each of you will be deployed via individual dropship.  Please choose your agents and prepare them for what is to come.  A full mission briefing will be provided soon.  Please choose reliable and skilled agents, and assure that they understand the gravity of this mission.  If they do not work together, they will have the blood of twenty men on their hands … if not more.  Not to mention, failing the mission will be another tally on the ever-growing victory wall of our enemies.

May the Traveler guide you,
Master Plo Koon

This message was last edited by the GM at 21:58, Thu 03 Mar 2016.

Plo Koon
 GM, 6 posts
 Jedi Master
 Mission Overseer
Fri 4 Mar 2016
at 12:09
The War Room
"Greetings, agents. Here are the general details of your mission. You will receive more specifics while en route.

D-9 is the home planet of the Didditraxx race, and it is under siege. We have sent much of what forces we have there, but Stikfas has deployed an overwhelming army, and we lose ground every day. Even worse, their forces have been bolstered by another robot army. One that we had not seen before.

They are stamped with a logo with which we are quite familiar. Superior Combat Enterprises. It seems that vests were not the only thing they produced ... nor was the facility that was bombed even the tip of their iceberg, as they say. These units are being reported across the battlefields where we are engaged in great numbers.

I don't have to explain how important our relationship with the Didditraxx people is. They have faithfully served the Council for many and many a, and we cannot allow their world to be destroyed. It would also cost us a valuable ally.

Judge and his contingent will be joining the main assault on the killing field. His leadership and familiarity with the clone forces will, we hope, turn that tide. At least long enough for your mission to be enacted. The rest of you will be attempting to take out their command center. This will be no easy feat ... no easy feat at all.

Please ready yourselves. A shuttle will take you from docking bay 19 to the Staging Area at 2100 hours. Until then, rest and meditate upon the battle to come."

Plo Koon
 GM, 9 posts
 Jedi Master
 Mission Overseer
Sat 5 Mar 2016
at 19:11
The War Room
You all arrive at Docking Bay Nineteen, exchanging hellos as you battle with varying levels of anxiety over the mission at hand.

A harried Council rep directs you towards the transport.  Its ramp is down and the engines are already cycling up for departure.  You all climb aboard and buckle in.

Judge looks over at Ryoko and Dutch. "As Master Plo mentioned, it's of utmost importance that we work together on this mission. Perhaps the two of you could let us know a little about yourselves before we are all split in to our drop ships?"
Dutch Douglas
 Player, 4 posts
Sat 5 Mar 2016
at 20:19
The War Room
"Listen guys. I know you've all had trouble with Team Respawn in the past, but its getting better and we're here to do our best. I'm sure some of you guys have already looked into our files to learn about us *cough* Miriel *cough*. You should understand that while my past isn't the greatest, I have changed and I do really want to help."

Dutch covers Ryoko's ears and whispers.

"Don't ask this guy about his past, and don't look at him while he's fighting. You'll be better off."

Ryoko pushes Dutch off of him.

"It is a great privilege that you have allowed us to accompany such great heroes as yourself. I only hope we can do as much as you have done."
Miriel
 player, 3 posts
 Iron Swan
 Heart of Steel
Sat 5 Mar 2016
at 22:34
The War Room
Miriel nods pleasantly to Dutch and Ryoko.  "A pleasure to make your acquaintances.  I am glad to hear your eagerness for the task at hand.  From what Master Plo has shared, this mission is of grave importance.  All earnest contributions will surely be welcome."  To Judge she says, "I have received the information about the armament these clone troopers will be carrying.  Is there anything else we should know about their temperament or psychology?  I understand they are trained but not necessarily experienced."

Maho leans over to Lillerik.  "I have been meaning to tell you.  Raven Kyle has returned, by means I do not understand.  We witnessed her death on Empiria, so I thought you should know."  He sits back to brood on the war he will be entering.
Race
 player, 1 post
Sat 5 Mar 2016
at 22:42
The War Room
In reply to Plo Koon (msg # 4):

Race enters the dropship first in his suit and then exits the suit and approaches his 20 clones.  Lillerik enters and stands to his side in an even more elaborate suit of armor than usual with a full helmet that covers most of his face and a large shield.

Race addresses the clones: "You slugs are now part of Spectre Squadron.  Consider yourself honored because we're going to kick more robot rear than any of these other jokers.  I'm Commander Crowe and this is Commander Dinescu.  I expect you to follow orders and die like men.  You're all ugly as sin, so dying an honorable death is probably the only pleasure you have to look forward to in your miserable, short lives. Now, that's the nicest speech I'm going to give you you louts, so get some rest and make sure your guns are firing."

Race takes a small circular device and puts it over the shoulder pauldron on each of his 20 clones.  It burns in a ghost symbol there.  (I assume the opposite shoulder has a Traveler Council symbol or some such.)

Lillerik sits down in silence, helmet on.  Before leaving, he sent two hand-written letters, one to Lily Skyblade (who he spent his final night with) and one to his niece, Cynara.  His head is filled with dozens of conflicting thoughts and part of him can't believe he's throwing his life away for this.  He looks around and sees the other agents, nodding to Maho in respect and then sitting near him and hearing his comment about Raven Kyle.
Plo Koon
 GM, 11 posts
 Jedi Master
 Mission Overseer
Sun 6 Mar 2016
at 01:04
The War Room
Judge nods at Dutch and Ryoko, pleased at their answer.  "I am happy to hear that, soldiers.  It will be a pleasure to serve with you."

He turns to Miriel.  "They are born and raised to fight, if you can call a year of childhood to adulthood being raised.  They will follow orders to a fault ..."  He looks off at this, lost in his thoughts.  Finally, he looks back.  "They are good soldiers, every one.  What they lack in experience they should more than make up in discipline and courage.  They are all a piece of Dante, after all.  I ..."  He looks off again. " ... I am happy that you are here, Miriel.  This is going to be a tough fight.  I wish that I was being deployed with the rest of you, but it's not my call.  I just hope we all come back."  He looks off again.  He is helmeted, but even without seeing his eyes you can tell he is not himself.

Hugh is watching closely as Race demeans his troops.  A wry smile sits his face.  He shakes his head at the approach, but says nothing.  He sits and buckles himself in.

The hangar doors open and the transport lifts off and floats out into the steady rain.  If anything, the downpour has gotten worse in the last couple of days. As the ship rises, you all see that the clouds above the HUB are dense and dark ... even more so than it had appeared from the surface.  This is not the way that you typically lift off from the HUB, and you soon realize why.  The transport breaks the cloud layer, and a jaw-dropping sight unfolds before you.  Nestled next to the Gimbal and dwarfing the HUB below, a massive sprawl of factories, hangars, foundries, smelters and shipyards floats suspended in the atmosphere.  Larger than all the rest of the construction is a gigantic, mostly glass structure.  As you fly closer, it reveals itself as a cloning facility ... one a thousand times larger than that on New Kamino. From the transparent windows and walls, you can see the cloning chambers within.  There are certainly tens ... hundreds of thousands being produced.  Maybe millions.  This sprawl is pumping out warships, troops and weapons in staggering numbers.  Large signs adorn many of the building's walls, reading such war propaganda as "Strike first.  Strike fast.  Strike hard."  And, "The Traveler will prevail."  Another, "To the rescue of the innocent, we come."  Finally, one that reads, "Behold the Council's War Machine."

Miriel (and anyone happening to look) notices that Judge's arms are folded as he stares at the construction.  "It always comes back to the same thing, doesn't it?"

The ship angles towards the landing pads that are covered in dropships. It comes to rest near what looks very much like a Republic Cruiser.  One of several that sit the field.  You all begin to get up and move towards the ramp, when Master Plo walks on board.

"I wanted to see your faces before you depart, to give you my words of gratitude before you embark on this dangerous and all-important mission.  You are the spearhead of our mighty initiative ... a last hope for our forces on the surface of D-9 and the planet's war-ravaged people.  You will board your dropships soon, each squadron in their own.  The cruiser will make the jump through the Gimbal, and arrive over D-9 within 25 to 30 minutes.  Once there, you will land on the Killing Fields and deploy towards the enemy's Command Center.  Specific objectives and detailed maps will be provided while en route.  War already rages on the surface and above, so you can expect heavy resistance to greet you. If you have words that you'd share with each other, now is the time.

May the Force, and the will of the Traveler, be with you.  Always."

Ryoko Sodogan
 player, 1 post
Tue 8 Mar 2016
at 00:19
The War Room
After listening to the silence Dutch says, "Well, I guys it's about time to go. See you guys on the ship."

Dutch and Ryoko enter the ship.
Plo Koon
 GM, 14 posts
 Jedi Master
 Mission Overseer
Tue 8 Mar 2016
at 00:40
The War Room
The two Respawn agents need no help finding their Dropship ... it seems that someone has taken the liberty of painting Zack's face on the nose of their ship. They climb aboard, as the rest of you hesitate.

Judge watches them go, and then turns to you. "See you on the ground, friends. Let's grind those bots into the dirt." He snaps a salute and turns to go, clapping Hugh on the shoulder as they walk. His troopers march after.
Race
 player, 2 posts
Tue 8 Mar 2016
at 01:37
The War Room
In reply to Plo Koon (msg # 8):

Race suits up and leads his troops onto the Spectre dropship.
Miriel
 player, 4 posts
 Iron Swan
 Heart of Steel
Tue 8 Mar 2016
at 03:43
The War Room
"Fare thee well, Judge," Miriel calls after, regretful her temporary inattention deprived her of the chance for further conversation.  She departs the transport, Maho trailing.  "Follow," he growls to the troops designated to Steelheart.

Miriel arrives first at the dropship.  She takes a stance of poised attention and evaluates every single clone that comes in, staring deep into their visors with her diamond eyes.  As the clones form up, Maho addresses them, red eyes alight.  "This is your commander, Lady Miriel the Iron Swan.  She has slain a dragon with the very sword she holds.  I am Maho.  I have defeated Fierna, Archduchess of Phlegethos, in single combat."


Spoiler text: (Highlight or hover over the text to view)
This is the traditional way in which Fragian Blood Elves introduce themselves to their charges - to list their greatest deed in battle.  It is a challenge to others: I dare you to best my legend.


Miriel's clear voice emerges.  "What deeds will be recounted in the annals of history attributable to you?  Each of you is a hero in the making.  You all carry strength, bravery, and honor.  We do a mighty thing this day, striking out against a force of evil which has plagued the many realms of existence for far, far too long.  This is a strike against the heart of darkness.  Your actions this day are just the beginning of your journey as a warrior for the power of universal justice.  You have trained, and you are ready.  You WILL succeed because you must.  Because to do otherwise would be to admit that those sinister forces have won.  And I know that deep in your soul, that seed of a hero is refusing to allow that to happen.  Together, we all will destroy this darkness!"


Spoiler text: (Highlight or hover over the text to view)
Should we start rolling?

Plo Koon
 GM, 15 posts
 Jedi Master
 Mission Overseer
Tue 8 Mar 2016
at 12:44
The War Room

Spoiler text: (Highlight or hover over the text to view)
Going forward, yes. On to the battle! I'll try to send the map today!

Plo Koon
 GM, 16 posts
 Jedi Master
 Mission Overseer
Wed 9 Mar 2016
at 18:45
The War Room
Each of you climb aboard your dropship, settling in for the jump to D-9.  All of the troops seem calm and collected, cleaning and examining their weaponry and gear.  The dropships hum in to the air and then pull inside the hangar of the Cruiser, which then lifts off and launches itself towards the waiting portal.  The portal seethes with energy, and you are wracked by a brief episode of nausea as you pass through.  It is short lived, though, and your minds are soon back on the mission at hand … and the high stakes for you and your men.

As the Cruiser continues, your holocom blazes to life.  It shows Master Plo, as well as various visuals and maps.

"Agents, I am glad to see the jump was successful.  There is little time, so let’s get to what we are asking that you do.

The surface and sky of D-9 is awash with battle.  The focus of the land battle is on the Killing Fields, which stretch for miles and miles in every direction on a barren, rocky plain.  On the edge of this plain is your target, the Stikfas Command Center.  Because of heavy shielding as well as extremely powerful turbo-lasers situated around it, the base will need to be assaulted on foot via the tunnels that once led to the Didditraxx city of All’s Well.  That city is gone, but the tunnels have been left open … and certainly fortified.

We have drawn out most of their forces to the Killing Fields, at a heavy cost to our men.  We hope that you do not meet any actual Stikfas units, but you will certainly see these Superior Combat Enterprises robots … likely in staggering numbers.

They are of the following types:
Infantry:  Light infantry robots, armed with repeating blaster rifles.  Vulnerable like Battle Droids, but faster and certainly more deadly.  They will make up the majority of the enemy forces.
Heavy Infantry:  These are large, hard to take down and terribly deadly.  They have shields, heavy armor and heavy blaster cannons.  Hope that you do not see many, or any, of these.  Make them a kill priority, if you do.
Melee Infantry:  Larger than regular infantry units, but not by much.  They are specialized in taking you down at close range.
Mobile Suits:  These aren’t actually suits, just robots bearing similarities to other mechs of that name.  They fly, so hopefully you won’t need to engage them and our fighters can keep them off the ground.  They are even more dangerous than the Heavy Infantry and not susceptible to regular blaster fire.

The landing zone is far enough away from the main gun emplacements that you should be able to land safely.  There are four trenches dug there that are currently held by our troops.  There is a broken gun emplacement that will offer some cover, as well as two barricades to the left and right of the field.  The enemy has each of the tunnel entrances fortified with walls and heavily guarded.  We are unsure of what lies within besides the gun emplacements that revealed themselves by their heat signatures.  Resistance will certainly be high.  At the end of the tunnels is a 50’ wall.  There is a main gate, or you can try to blow a hole through.  The ceiling will open up here, and you should see your actual objective.  Another wall surrounds their main compound.

Within you will find the three targets:
1. The communications dish.  Destroying this should render their units leaderless and misguided, giving us a great advantage on the ground and in the sky.
2. The Foundry.  They are mass-producing new SCE units right here, pumping them out in alarming numbers.  Destroying that Foundry from within or without will dampen their war efforts.
3. The Command Ship.  Here the Stikfas have planted one of their landing ships deep in the ground.  Within the ship is a reactor core. Set explosives on this and Stikfas loses their stranglehold on the planet.

You will notice multiple gun emplacements throughout the structure that will pose a serious threat to you and your troops.  Knock them out if possible.

Judge and his team will be reinforcing and leading the grounds units already placed on the Killing Fields, hopefully buying you the time and distraction needed to keep additional forces from being mustered to the base.  We hope that your relatively small cadres will be underestimated, and they will believe their interior forces suitable to deal with you.

If you have questions, now is the time.  Otherwise, decide your drop zone.  It must fall in the R section of the provided map.  This puts you in the relatively “safe” zone from the turbo-lasers.  Make sure your troops know what to do when they hit the ground … you won’t want to stay out in the open in the middle of the Killing Field for a second longer than you must."



Spoiler text: (Highlight or hover over the text to view)
Maps and visuals sent via email.  Start rolling going forward.  You can ask questions of Master Plo/me here or in the details page.  Next official turn should be your desired landing zone and initial push.

Race
 player, 3 posts
Thu 10 Mar 2016
at 18:47
The War Room
In reply to Plo Koon (msg # 14):

Race discusses some formations with the team, giving them names for formations, and assigns their alphanumeric designation.  He tells them they'll be deploying into formation "Broadhead" when they hit the ground.

The plan is to be dropped around R-9 on the map and head due north into the trench and set a defensive position there, waiting for all three teams to move into position.  (Race's suit shouldn't have a problem getting down into the trench, albeit not a fast maneuver.)

Broadhead formation looks like this:

                          D
                     S1    S2
           S3 H1            H2 S4
 S5 S6          S9  C  S10       S7 S8
           D1 R1              R2 D2
                      M1 M2
               S11             S12

("D" is for Commander Dinescu and "C" is for Commander Crowe.)

Broadhead formation should:
- move in a direct path, with most fire heading directly forward
- S1 through S8 should be firing at an even rate.  If S1-S4 goes down, they should be replaced by S9 or S10.  If S5-S8 goes down, they should retract the formation inward
- Medics should attempt to carry injured troops forward to the next stoppage point (the trench in this case).  S11 and S12 can assist if needed
- S11 and S12 should be keeping an eye on the rear of the formation
- Rocket and Demo troops should fire peripherally with blasters and hold rockets for large targets and await firing commands

Lillerick will be taking a mainly defense posture, shield up, unless a melee soldier is close.  Even then, he'll let the melee soldier come to them, taking fire from the squad.

Race will be picking targets and generally providing cover fire unless a large threat presents itself.  He'll try and direct his fire where it's needed most.



Lillerick: 18
Race: 14
Spectre Squad: 1...  re-roll#1... 16

This message was last edited by the player at 18:51, Thu 10 Mar 2016.

Dutch Douglas
 Player, 6 posts
Thu 10 Mar 2016
at 20:50
The War Room
Team Respawn will hit down at R2 in the patented form
Bullet:
                  R

             S1    S2
            S3      S4
          S5         S6
      S7    H1 H2    S8
 S9     D1          D2    S10
      R1    M1 M2    R2
          S11  D   S12

The squad will be at a sprint to the trenches
All of the basic things that my father has apply except the heavies will be running with pistols out (Gatling guns are very hard to run with while firing I assume).

If met with heavy resistance (Like a Mobile suit) Ryoko will jump over it, S1-S6 will surround its sides, H1-2 will bring out the large guns and fire at it from the front along with Dutch while the rest split in half and run around it to the trench in a smaller bullet formation.

Ryoko will slice and dice anything that approaches them and Dutch will cover the back while occasionally flying up and shooting a couple shots.


Dutch: 16
Ryoko: 19
Respawn Squad: 13

Spoiler text: (Highlight or hover over the text to view)
It's because none of my characters have the cursed Skibop blue color

Miriel
 player, 5 posts
 Iron Swan
 Heart of Steel
Fri 11 Mar 2016
at 03:55
The War Room
Team Steelheart will land at R5.  We'll be splitting into a double formation Miriel has styled "Twin Peaks", with absolutely no self-awareness whatsoever.

              Maho                         Miriel
          S1        S4                  S7        S10
       H1    R1      S5           S8        R2    H2
    S2     M1          S6     S9             M2     S11
S3      D1                                           D2      S12

Our goal is to get beyond the trench and to the row behind the barrier (M4-M6).  Because we're heading straight for the barrier, the outer branches (S1-3+H1, S10-12+H2) be aiming obliquely, which should give the Respawn and Spectre squads some support (that's assuming the enemy is beyond the trenches and barrier; if they're right on us, then fire ahead).  S4 and S7 are instructed to use their droid popper for a cluster of three or more enemies.  Pace will be hustle, but not sprint - the heavy gunners may need to work.  Rockets to be used only if a Mobile Suit approaches; otherwise, blasters.  Medics should do their best to pull the injured to safety.  Demolition guys should watch our backs with their blasters out.

Miriel will be channeling the power of the Armor of the Iron Swan to bolster her troops.  She is ready to engage in melee, but is focused on inspirational leadership.  If enemies approach within 50 feet, Maho will break formation to destroy them.


Spoiler text: (Highlight or hover over the text to view)
What was the call on the vitriolic blood-spewing I mentioned for Maho's dragon?  If he can participate in ranged fire, he will.




Now that you guys stole all the good rolls out of the Dice Roller...

Miriel: 1.... Jesus, Reroll: 5...
Maho: 2... Reroll... 13
Steelheart Squad: 13
Plo Koon
 GM, 22 posts
 Jedi Master
 Mission Overseer
Mon 14 Mar 2016
at 20:58
The War Room
The Cruiser lurches as it leaves hyperspace, and your view screens pop alive to show the surface below and the space around you.  Several Stikfas invasion ships hang above the planet, and you can see Council warships and fighters exchanging laser fire with them.  The cruiser drifts in to orbit, and the chaos becomes visible below.  The surface writhes with movement: smoke, lasers and explosions, and the dirt is pocked with craters and the wreckage of countless broken starships, droids and bodies.  Fighters swarm around the Cruiser to hold off enemy fire, as the bay opens and your dropships lift off and out in to the turmoil.  Gunfire arcs through the air, and starfighters bearing the Council markings dodge in and out, firing at enemy fighters and their mobile suits.

Yours is one of about twenty landing ships, and they are all taking heavy fire.  Occasionally you feel your transport lurch as it is struck by enemy fire, but it holds course.  You see a nearby dropship explode as it is hit by the enemy gun emplacements, clones raining to the tattered ground below.  You are nearing the ground, and you can make out the tunnel entrances below, as well as the trenches.  There seems to be a concentration of white armored troopers in that area, seemingly to hold your position for your attack.   You are thinking that the landing will go smoothly, when a fresh batch of enemy mobile suits rockets towards your position.  Council fighters swoop in to exchange fire, but the mobile suits are already among the dropships!  There seems to be smoke and explosions all around.

“Mayday, mayday!”  As the voice speaks over the comm channel, you are able to see that AWOL’s dropship has been cut nearly in two, its tail section completely gone, and the front is a smoking wreck hurtling towards the ground below.  “Mayday, mayday!  This is Taxi, our ship has been damaged severely and I have almost no control.  Repeat, our ship …”  The message ends with a pop of static.  You lose sight of the ship as it disappears somewhere in the Killing Fields.

Miriel, you say a word of prayer for the lives of Judge and his troops, but you forget this as you see a mobile suit hurtling towards your ship.  It brings up its cannon and fires several times, and you feel the surges of energy rip through the hull in several places.  You stare in disbelief, as the nose of your dropship begins to sag towards the earth below and the engines begin to fail.  You scream for your men to hold on tightly, as you hear your pilot shouting.  “Mayday, mayday!  This is Jumper with the Steelheart ship.  We are going down … repeat, we are going down!  Hold on back there, this isn’t going to be pretty … but I’ll get you as damned close as I possibly can!”  That’s Dante’s voice, you think, as the ground comes fast and hard to meet you.  You black out as the ship hits the ground and your head hits the wall.

Race is barking orders and insults as the Spectre dropship moves downward.  Lillerik senses the mobile suit coming … before it is even visible amid the smoke and other ships.  “Race!”  The iron-clad man turns to regard you.  “Fire there!”  You point into the gloom outside the ship … there is nothing visible there.

“I …”

“Do it.  NOW!”  Race shrugs and fires, just as the mobile suit surges through the smoke.  It is just in time to have its face obliterated by Race’s cannon.  Lillerik jumps deftly to avoid the hail of debris from the remains of the mobile suit.  It strikes Race but only scratches his armor, but a large piece embeds itself in one of the troopers … a medic (SM1).  The other medic rushes to him, but shakes his head … the wound is fatal.  The dropship heads towards the battlefield below.

Dutch looks at the nightmare that is the Killing Fields.  He thinks about all the battles he’s fought, and wonders if this is where he’ll finally meet his end.  Nah.  Ryoko also surveys the surface, seeing the masses of death and shaking his head at the needless slaughter.  The Zack-painted ship touches down in R2, and you and your troops hop on to the ground and into formation.  The field is full of robots, clones and Didditraxx … both alive and dead.  You see clones waving you on from the trench ahead, as your men fire at the robots in between and around.  No sign of any of the heavier units, just lots of the standard bots.  As you approach, you can see that the blockade is actually a huge pile of Didditraxx corpses, twisted together in to a makeshift wall.  You are nearing the trench, crossing in to O2, when the gun emplacements above the tunnels seem to target your squad.  Shells hit the ground around you, and two of your men, RS2 and RH2 are hit hard.  The grunt’s head all but explodes, and the heavy trooper is struck in the chest, leaving a smoking hole.  One of your medics checks both men quickly, but moves on.  He does grab the heavy machine gun, however, in case you want to reassign it.  As this is happening, a Melee Unit bursts from the ground in front of you.  Its beam glaive shimmers as it leaps towards you and your troops.  A smile dances on Ryoko's face.  A third arm appears out of no where and fires three shots - one for each eye, and then one in the chest.  The hulk hits its knees and slides forward, sparking.  Ryoko spins in the air and neatly decapitates it.  The samurai glances down at the robot's chest, and sees the letters "SCE" stamped there.  Stamped very small below is the name, "McCullen."  Ryoko kicks over the broken bot.  Your men continue to run.

The Spectre dropship hits the turf in R9 mostly as planned, and the team deploys to the ground.  As they run and fire, enemy shots take SS2 in the chest.  He hits the ground, but must still live because one of your medics scoops him up and grabs a grunt to help him.  Lillerik is wonderful, dodging blaster fire from all around and inspiring your men to continue, while Race blasts targets that threaten your progress.  The team makes it well in to O9 and continues forward.

“Wake up, Miriel!”

Maho is shaking you, and you finally come to.  Maho and one of the medics are both staring at you.  Your ship is down, and the front of the ship is in flames … the pilot is charred and obviously dead.  It seems that your squad has already deployed.  You pull yourself up, a little blood trickling from your head but otherwise you feel fine.  You move to the door, and see that your team has formed a defensive perimeter around the ship … you are being penned in by enemy robots.  You look to be in what would have been U9 (if the letters continued beyond S).  Your team is holding their own, but you will not be able to advance until you clear a hole. The fire of the ship doesn’t seem to be spreading, at least.  You see that grunt HS6 was killed during the crash … his body lies twisted in the wreckage near the front.  One of your medics is looking at one of your heavies (HH2) and shaking his head … his armor is scored with multiple blaster shots, and he is not moving.  Your team is currently doing a good job of using the ship as cover, but this was not part of the intended drop zone and the support from the ground clones is limited, as the enemy bears down and only increases in number.  Luckily none of the bigger units has shown up … yet.

Agents Lillerik and Ryoko both look back and notice Steelheart’s predicament, but your teams have moved far down the field and moving back would be dangerous.


Spoiler text: (Highlight or hover over the text to view)
Ryoko and Lillerik both earn their teams another reroll, Respawn’s at a +2.  Mike – I’d say Maho can spew his demon liquids, but at a close range, not like a gun.  Like ten feet or less.


This message was last edited by the GM at 21:20, Mon 14 Mar 2016.

Race
 player, 4 posts
Mon 14 Mar 2016
at 21:53
The War Room
In reply to Plo Koon (msg # 18):

Race pushes SS10 forward into the slot vacated by the wounded SS2.  He grabs SS9 next to him. "Soldier, I know you give yourselves cute little nicknames when you go through training, but I'm re-naming you right now.  Your name is Savior, son.  Well, that or Deadman.  If you make it back, it'll be Savior."  He barks out to the rest of the team. "SS5, 8, 11, SR2, form up behind SS9.  Bring team Steelheart forward to these trenches or die trying, fellas.  The rest of you, forward!!!!"  He punctuates this with much gunfire.

The small team going back to help Steelheart (moving South):

           S9
       S5   S8
    S10        R2

I'm going to make an individual troop roll titled "Savior" for this squad, specifically for SS9, unless a mobile suit shows itself back there, in which case he'd let the Rocket troop do his thing.

The rest of Spectre Squad consolidates and heads forward (North) to enter the trench at M9, Lillerik in the lead:

                          D
                     S1    S10
           S3 H1            H2 S4
       S6               C              S7
             D1 R1              D2
                   S11/S2/M2
                        S12

SS11 and SM2 are carrying the injured SS2.  If they get in the trench, SM2 will bandage and repair as much as possible and evaluate if SS2 can continue.

The goal is to get everyone in the trench and set up like this to wait for Steelheart and Respawn to reach their positions:

---------------------------------------------
        S3    S1   R1   S2   H1  S4

           L          S2/M2       C

        S6   D1    S11    D2     S12
---------------------------------------------



Lillerik: 12
Race: 15
Spectre Squad: 15
Savior: 8...  Re-roll#2... 16

This message was last edited by the player at 21:57, Mon 14 Mar 2016.

Maho
 player, 3 posts
 Mandarian Swordsaint
 Miracle of Violence
Tue 15 Mar 2016
at 01:48
The War Room

Spoiler text: (Highlight or hover over the text to view)
Well, I was hoping to have a ranged attack, but as you can see, I found another way...  Still, I'll keep that in reserve in case the machines resist my blade.


Miriel blesses the dead, then calls to the troop: "Rally, men!  Show them you are unbreakable!"  She looks to Maho.  "We need an opening, Maho."  Maho takes the thermal detonators from the two deceased troops, as well as the heavy cannon, which he hefts with a bleak grin.  "The last time I held a gun like this, I died.  It didn't take."

Maho leaps to the forefront on draconian legs, his lash sweeping out to keep enemies away, then he begins blasting ahead, as the rest of the crew follows.  If there's a real heavy patch ahead, he'll huck a detonator.  "Come to me, cowards!  I AM WAR!"  We're going straight north towards Spectre (we'll break west if we actually get up there).  Since we're in a nasty place, the Standard troops are watching the perimeter.  S1-4 and H2 are directing forward.  S5-9 are scanning the flanks, and S10-S12 are watching the back.  Miriel is directing the troops, directing them to the worst threats as they steadily move forward.  "Steady, lads!  Onward, fight!"


                Maho


             S1       S2
        S3      H2       S4
    S5         Miriel        S7
           R1    D1      R2
    S8     M1       M2    S9
       S10      D2       S11
                  S12



Maho: 7
Miriel: 5
Steelheart Squad: 7

Seriously nearly about to use all my rerolls here...
Dutch Douglas
 Player, 9 posts
Tue 15 Mar 2016
at 19:27
The War Room
Ryoko looks back at Team Steelheart and then says, "They'll be fine men, we must continue the charge."

Team Respawn continues the charge in the same sort of formation.
RS12 takes the heavy gun.

Spoiler text: (Highlight or hover over the text to view)
I'm not putting a trench formation because I don't think it's necessary and I don't want to be called a copy cat for the rest of my life.



Dutch: 1 reroll 5+2=7
Ryoko: 7
Respawn Squad: 2

Spoiler text: (Highlight or hover over the text to view)
Die roll good or bad
It does not matter for death
shall always occur


Ghost
 player, 5 posts
Tue 15 Mar 2016
at 19:30
The War Room
In reply to Dutch Douglas (msg # 21):


Spoiler text: (Highlight or hover over the text to view)
You added a Haiku!  Very original!