Helping the Tieflings.   Posted by GM Ed.Group: 0
GM Ed
 GM, 290 posts
Wed 11 Apr 2018
at 14:54
Re: Helping the Tieflings
Pointing the wand at the tooth faerie, it gets turned into a mist of blood as the two bolts of energy fro Lorelei stuck it. The group is able to find the missing teeth as the blood is still fresh. The body in the corner is concerning.
Veshi
 Partisan, 42 posts
 194116-4
 Pei Zin Metal Oracle 3
Wed 11 Apr 2018
at 15:53
Re: Helping the Tieflings
"We found our teef.  Yay." Veshi declared as she stuffed her own in place and used some magic from her wand to seal them there.

"Let's not do that again.  Ever."

That done, she went to poke at the dead body to see if she could determine anything about it.
GM Ed
 GM, 291 posts
Wed 11 Apr 2018
at 16:20
Re: Helping the Tieflings
Heal check please
Veshi
 Partisan, 43 posts
 194116-4
 Pei Zin Metal Oracle 3
Wed 11 Apr 2018
at 17:10
Re: Helping the Tieflings
OOC: Woot, 24.

13:09, Today: Veshi rolled 24 using 1d20+7.  Heal Check.

GM Ed
 GM, 292 posts
Wed 11 Apr 2018
at 17:17
Re: Helping the Tieflings
You look over the body. It appears to have been a Tiefling child. One tooth remains in his mouth but more concerning is the writing that was drawn on the body, like it was part of a ritual. Looking closer, you figure that it might be written by a Tiefling. The script seems familiar.

Linguistics/K:Planes if you have it and perception checks from everyone please.
Veshi
 Partisan, 44 posts
 194116-4
 Pei Zin Metal Oracle 3
Wed 11 Apr 2018
at 19:34
Re: Helping the Tieflings
OOC: Perception 27, Knowledge (Planes) 16

15:34, Today: Veshi rolled 27 using 1d20+7.  Perception.

15:34, Today: Veshi rolled 16 using 1d20+7.  KN(Planes).

EDIT: Oh, yeah, Veshi knows Infernal and Celestial, too.

This message was last edited by the player at 20:53, Wed 11 Apr 2018.

Lorelei Vance
 Spymaster, 44 posts
 Chelaxian Summoner Rebel
 Arcanist (Occultist) 3
Wed 11 Apr 2018
at 19:36
Re: Helping the Tieflings
OOC:15:34, Today: Lorelei Vance rolled 19 using 1d20+8.  Knowledge/Planes Check.
15:37, Today: Lorelei Vance rolled 11 using 1d20+6.  Perception.
15:34, Today: Lorelei Vance rolled 17 using 1d20+10.  Linguistics check.
Lorelei knows Abyssal, Celestial and Infernal.

This message was last edited by the player at 19:40, Wed 11 Apr 2018.

Sandival
 Sentinel , 153 posts
 Aasimar (Azata)
 Gunslinger/Inquisitor 1/2
Mon 16 Apr 2018
at 21:38
Re: Helping the Tieflings
In reply to Lorelei Vance (msg # 123):

Sandival searched the room and considered what he might know about this situation.

OOC: 17:23, Today: Sandival rolled 18 using 1d20+9.  Know Planes.
17:23, Today: Sandival rolled 23 using 1d20+10.  Perception.

GM Ed
 GM, 294 posts
Mon 30 Apr 2018
at 09:47
Re: Helping the Tieflings
You are not able to find any additional information on the body but feel that it will need to be examined further. Searching the room, you find various teeth that made out of gold, worth about 250 gp.

What are you going to do next?
Veshi
 Partisan, 45 posts
 194116-4
 Pei Zin Metal Oracle 3
Mon 30 Apr 2018
at 14:11
Re: Helping the Tieflings
"So, there was some sort of ritual here that involved a dead body.  Anyone want to bet that it's what called out the tooth-stealing demons or, at least, gave them some direction?  Someone certainly did something deliberate here, and I don't think it was a coincidence," Veshi groused as she finished searching the room.  "Either way, unless someone recognizes something particular about it, we should tell folks that the tooth thieves are gone.  I think we can avoid mentioning the ritual to the general public, though a few of the more level-headed leader types can be told."
GM Ed
 GM, 296 posts
Mon 30 Apr 2018
at 14:39
Re: Helping the Tieflings
Maybe have someone run and grab Rexus?
Lorelei Vance
 Spymaster, 46 posts
 Chelaxian Summoner Rebel
 Arcanist (Occultist) 3
Mon 30 Apr 2018
at 19:20
Re: Helping the Tieflings
Lorelei gets out her notebook and starts exhaustive notes for research later.
Lady Tamerlin
 Demagogue, 31 posts
 Aasimar Vigilante 3
 HP 23/27
Fri 4 May 2018
at 04:34
Re: Helping the Tieflings
"Agreed."  Blackjack replied, pocketing a tooth.  "There's little sense in frightening the locals with tales of rituals.  Let's head back and report the job done.."

OOC:
Heal Check -> 16
Linguistics -> 12 (Tamerlin knows Infernal and Celestial)

GM Ed
 GM, 297 posts
Fri 4 May 2018
at 23:39
Re: Helping the Tieflings
Do you wish to collect some evidence?
Lorelei Vance
 Spymaster, 47 posts
 Chelaxian Summoner Rebel
 Arcanist (Occultist) 3
Mon 7 May 2018
at 19:06
Re: Helping the Tieflings
OOC: Yes, Lorelei is certainly gathering evidence
GM Ed
 GM, 298 posts
Thu 10 May 2018
at 01:44
Re: Helping the Tieflings
Gathering the remains of the tooth faeries, along with the body of the Tiefling child, you make make your way out of the cellar. As you look for someone to deliver the body, you get a distinct feeling that the residents are not happy about the group as no one will take to you to Zea when you ask for her. As the group makes it way through the area, you find that you are being herded towards the center of the Nursery as some of the streets are blocked off by a mob of Tiefling.

As you make your way, you come to a gathering of Tieflings.

"What are you still doing here in the Nursery?" Zea asked.

Need one person to be the speaker for the group.
Sandival
 Sentinel , 156 posts
 Aasimar (Azata)
 Gunslinger/Inquisitor 1/2
Fri 11 May 2018
at 18:00
Re: Helping the Tieflings
Sandival stepped forward and said, "We were investigating the death of your people and the strange circumstances around them when we were attacked by these strange Faeries that attacked us by taking our teeth. We defeated them and have been cleaning up what appears to be a lair of some sort.... We had every intention of leaving quickly but felt like once we'd been attacked we had to defend ourselves and investigate what we'd found further."

OOC: 13:57, Today: Sandival rolled 18 using 1d20+8.  Diplomacy.
GM Ed
 GM, 300 posts
Mon 14 May 2018
at 01:18
Re: Helping the Tieflings
"And what did you find in their lair?" an elderly Tiefling asked Lorelii, refusing to acknowledge the trio of Assimar.

This message was last edited by the GM at 15:01, Mon 14 May 2018.

Lady Tamerlin
 Demagogue, 33 posts
 Aasimar Vigilante 3
 HP 23/27
Sun 20 May 2018
at 02:38
Re: Helping the Tieflings
"The faeries had been collecting teeth in preparation for some sort of...some sort of..."  Blackjack let the words trail off, realizing that Zea was trying very hard to ignore them.  Not all of them, just the ones that seemed to be of Aasimar blood. That was a little frustrating but probably not all that unexpected.
Rexus (NPC)
 Recruiter, 1 post
 Male Human
 Aristocrat/Sorcerer 2/1
Wed 23 May 2018
at 14:30
Re: Helping the Tieflings
While Lady Tamerlin was trying to explain what had happened, another voice was heard. "Excuse me, pardon me, pardon me, excuse me." Rexus said as he made his way into the crowd, taking a moment spoke with the group to find out what happened. Hearing of the body with writing on it, he paused a moment to look over the corpse. Making a few hand gestures, he started to read what was written on it, turning pale in the process. "Does anyone here recognize this child or the hand of whomever may have written this? I believe that it was used to summon those creatures that you fought, it is a most foul form of summoning magic."

Zea moved over to examine the body and then spoke in one language,
and then another she said, beckoning the crowd forward. Tieflings started to walk past to either side of it, shaking their heads no.

Now addressing all of the group, Zea is mostly pleased that the murders has been taking care of, even though she refers to those with Aasimar blood in a less than pleasing term, drawing a few snickers from the crowd. "Thank you for dealing with this matter. It is sad that no one recognizes this child, nor who might have done this foul magic. I am not sure if there will be any help from this quarter, but I will not prevent those that might wish to aid you from doing so." she said as she called some of the women over to take the body away for cleaning before it is cremated.

09:58, Today: Secret Roll: Rexus (NPC) rolled 24 using 1d20+8.  Linguistics.OOC:Sorry to wrap this up this way but Lorelei has not been on in a while.

This message was last edited by the player at 14:31, Wed 23 May 2018.

Lady Tamerlin
 Demagogue, 34 posts
 Aasimar Vigilante 3
 HP 23/27
Sat 26 May 2018
at 17:33
Re: Helping the Tieflings
"For what it's worth, we are glad to have been of service."  Blackjack said, ignoring the less than accommodating looks that they were getting.
Sandival
 Sentinel , 157 posts
 Aasimar (Azata)
 Gunslinger/Inquisitor 1/2
Tue 29 May 2018
at 21:53
Re: Helping the Tieflings
Sandival was annoyed that they wouldn't speak to him, but he understood why... "I wish we could be on better terms, that is a large part of why we wanted to help you..."
Lorelei Vance
 Spymaster, 50 posts
 Chelaxian Summoner Rebel
 Arcanist (Occultist) 3
Fri 1 Jun 2018
at 17:29
Re: Helping the Tieflings
OOC: Can Lorelei make a knowledge roll to determine what kinds of summoning rites involve teeth as material components?
GM Ed
 GM, 302 posts
Fri 1 Jun 2018
at 22:12
Re: Helping the Tieflings
OOC:The summoning is from the runes on the body.
Veshi
 Partisan, 47 posts
 194116-4
 Pei Zin Metal Oracle 3
Thu 14 Jun 2018
at 20:51
Re: Helping the Tieflings
Veshi nodded solemnly.  "With the little d-" she started to say "devils" but quickly changed her word choice.  "-pests vanquished, I hope the area is safer, but please let us know if there are more incidents.  With a summoner of such beasts around, I fear it would be no real feat for another menace to appear."