OOC II.   Posted by Dungeon Master.Group: 0
Lathan Swiftstrider
 player, 285 posts
 Wood Elf Ranger
Tue 30 Apr 2019
at 00:07
OOC II
I'm confused. Are we going to try to take down the guard? If so, we should approach from the direction closest to him in order to have a chance of hitting him. If we're not going to try to take him down, approaching from the opposite direction makes sense. Perhaps then we could make it to the walls without him seeing us. Either way, there's 100 feet of open space all around the keep that we're going to have to cross quickly and quietly.
Three Elks
 player, 32 posts
 Half Elf
 Barbarian/Bard
Tue 30 Apr 2019
at 00:46
OOC II
There seem to be plenty of us.  I figure some can try to take out the archer.  Even if they fail to, they make a good distraction for the others as they approach from the opposite side with the ladders.

While stealth is always a good first attempt, I'm not too worried if that alarm does go off.  After all, no one came out of the gate last time.  Even if they are left waiting for us, we'll have height advantage on the roof top.
Lucien Nailo
 player, 517 posts
Tue 30 Apr 2019
at 21:37
OOC II
Lucien will go with Team Lookout Elimination.

That team should decide if we're going to try a long range take down or Terminax's sneaky climb & disable the alarm idea.

This message was last edited by the player at 21:40, Tue 30 Apr 2019.

Lathan Swiftstrider
 player, 286 posts
 Wood Elf Ranger
Thu 2 May 2019
at 20:53
OOC II
Do we know how the alarm works? Will it even be possible to disable it?

If you need Lathan to help with a long-range takedown, he can do that. Otherwise, he'll go with Three Elks and just scale the walls.
Dungeon Master
 GM, 552 posts
Sun 5 May 2019
at 18:53
OOC II
Sorry, everyone! I've been having internet connectivity issues all weekend. :(

I'm still waiting to hear how exactly you all intend to approach the keep. It sounds like you want to split into two different teams. Who will be on each team? Which direction will each time approach from? Give me some more details and we can move forward.
Rissa Twiceborn
 player, 184 posts
 Tiefling
Sun 5 May 2019
at 19:40
OOC II
Are there any angles from which we can approach the keep with cover?

I don't have a very good picture of what's going on, which makes it hard to plan.
Lucien Nailo
 player, 518 posts
Sun 5 May 2019
at 23:09
OOC II
Lucien is going to take a team to try and silently take out the sentry. We're going to try to hit him from range. If it works great; if not, we're a distraction.

I think the other team should try to stealthily scale the wall on the far side of the fortress. Lucien will loan his rope and grappling hook to supplement the ladder.
Rissa Twiceborn
 player, 185 posts
 Tiefling
Sun 5 May 2019
at 23:16
OOC II
Team ladder:
Rissa
Three Elks


Team sneak attack:
Lucien
Terminax
Lathan

This message was last edited by the player at 15:42, Tue 07 May 2019.

Three Elks
 player, 33 posts
 Half Elf
 Barbarian/Bard
Sun 5 May 2019
at 23:52
OOC II
Team ladder
Terminax
 player, 188 posts
Tue 7 May 2019
at 02:54
OOC II
Team range
Lathan Swiftstrider
 player, 287 posts
 Wood Elf Ranger
Tue 7 May 2019
at 14:05
OOC II
I'll go with Lucien's team.
Dungeon Master
 GM, 553 posts
Tue 7 May 2019
at 17:45
OOC II
To answer your question about cover, Rissa: Not really; the woods are cleared away from the keep 100 feet on all sides. Though the trees/foliage is quite dense outside this circle, in order to get to the keep, you'll have to travel through 100 feet of open field.

I am waiting to hear back from Gazira (I sent her player a PM) to see if she is still with us. Either way, I'll begin to implement the plan later tonight. So stay tuned!
Dungeon Master
 GM, 555 posts
Sat 11 May 2019
at 17:14
OOC II
So we lost Gazira... Let's move on without her.

You'll get a surprise round. Go ahead and post your actions for that round now.
Dungeon Master
 GM, 556 posts
Mon 13 May 2019
at 19:33
OOC II
We're just waiting to hear from Terminax and Rissa now.
Dungeon Master
 GM, 559 posts
Thu 16 May 2019
at 15:50
OOC II
Terminax, how do you intend to climb up the tower?
Terminax
 player, 193 posts
Thu 16 May 2019
at 16:51
OOC II
I imagine there is a ladder, or a way to climb up, or a door that leads to stairs?
Dungeon Master
 GM, 560 posts
Thu 16 May 2019
at 17:24
OOC II
There is no way up the tower visible from outside the keep. The tower is part of the keep, so presumably the entrance to the tower is inside the walls.
Lathan Swiftstrider
 player, 292 posts
 Wood Elf Ranger
Mon 20 May 2019
at 17:08
OOC II
I'm not sure what exactly Terminax is suggesting, but if Terminax is going to go into the keep, Lathan would prefer to go with him. He's more effective in close combat anyway. But if Lucien wants to stay on the ramparts/tower, that's fine with me.
Terminax
 player, 196 posts
Mon 20 May 2019
at 19:43
OOC II
In reply to Lathan Swiftstrider (msg # 60):

I thought the tower was IN the keep, behind the walls. If I am mistaken... that's cool. But I figured we could climb up to the top somehow.
Dungeon Master
 GM, 561 posts
Mon 20 May 2019
at 20:34
OOC II
As I said above, the tower is part of the keep. It is not behind the walls; it is built into the walls.

The walls are 15 feet high and the top of the tower is another 15 feet above that, so yes, you can climb onto the tower once you are on the walls.

I'm also a little mixed up about what the plan is. Everyone should be on the walls now... What is the next step?
Terminax
 player, 197 posts
Mon 20 May 2019
at 20:42
OOC II
Looking for an entrance into the tower, and I'll be using the bat to also scout out where the rest of the bandits are.
Dungeon Master
 GM, 562 posts
Mon 20 May 2019
at 20:51
OOC II
There is no obvious entrance to the tower visible from the keep's courtyard. There is a spiral staircase leading down from the top of the tower and into the keep's main structure.

The only bandit in the courtyard is a lone guard stationed by the gate.
Terminax
 player, 198 posts
Mon 20 May 2019
at 21:00
OOC II
------------------------------Y-----
=                                                       =
=       kkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkk            =
=       kkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkk            =
=       kkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkk            =
=       kkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkk            =
=       kkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkk            =
=       kkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkk            =
=                                                       =
= ====                                             =
=  T    =                                             =
=        =                                             =
---X--------------------------------

T is the tower. I imagine we are at X and the other Crew is by Y.

- and = is the wall.

This was how I was imagining it.

Are you saying it's more like this?

------------------------------Y-----
=                                                       =
=       kkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkk            =
=       kkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkk            =
=       kkkkkkkTTTTTkkkkkk            =
=       kkkkkkkTTTTTkkkkkk            =
=       kkkkkkkTTTTTkkkkkk            =
=       kkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkk            =
=                                                       =
=                                                       =
=                                                       =
=                                                       =
---X--------------------------------
Dungeon Master
 GM, 563 posts
Mon 20 May 2019
at 21:17
OOC II
More like this, only more square:

            ======
         ====TTTT=
==========KKKTTTT=
=KKKKKKKKKKKKTTTT=
=KKKKKKKKKKKKKKKK=
=KKKKKKKKKKKKKKKK=
=KKK      KKKKKKK=
=KKK      KKKKKKK=
=KKK      KKKKKKK=
=KKK      KKKKKKK=
G         KKKKKKK=
G         KKKKKKK=
=KKKKKK   KKKKKKK=
=KKKKKK   KKKKKKK=
=KKKKKK   KKKKKKK=
=KKKKKK   KKKKKKK=
=KKKKKK   KKKKKKK=
==================

Terminax
 player, 199 posts
Mon 20 May 2019
at 22:00
OOC II


Ok... so we're in the square area.

Terminax's idea is for the archers to secure the top of the tower, which should help them keep an eye on the courtyard.

He wants to use the bat to find Team B's location, and to scout for where the bandits might be hiding.

First priority is to find our friends though, and see where they are, while he looks to see if there is an ambush point close to where they setup by the gate the last-time (which should be in the circled area).

In a pinch, if his friends are discovered or about to be, he wants whoever is at the lookout tower to ring the bell, which in theory should pull them towards the gate, where he has set himself up to ambush them with his fire breath and thunderwave.