OOC II.   Posted by Dungeon Master.Group: 0
Dungeon Master
 GM, 561 posts
Mon 20 May 2019
at 20:34
OOC II
As I said above, the tower is part of the keep. It is not behind the walls; it is built into the walls.

The walls are 15 feet high and the top of the tower is another 15 feet above that, so yes, you can climb onto the tower once you are on the walls.

I'm also a little mixed up about what the plan is. Everyone should be on the walls now... What is the next step?
Terminax
 player, 197 posts
Mon 20 May 2019
at 20:42
OOC II
Looking for an entrance into the tower, and I'll be using the bat to also scout out where the rest of the bandits are.
Dungeon Master
 GM, 562 posts
Mon 20 May 2019
at 20:51
OOC II
There is no obvious entrance to the tower visible from the keep's courtyard. There is a spiral staircase leading down from the top of the tower and into the keep's main structure.

The only bandit in the courtyard is a lone guard stationed by the gate.
Terminax
 player, 198 posts
Mon 20 May 2019
at 21:00
OOC II
------------------------------Y-----
=                                                       =
=       kkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkk            =
=       kkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkk            =
=       kkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkk            =
=       kkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkk            =
=       kkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkk            =
=       kkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkk            =
=                                                       =
= ====                                             =
=  T    =                                             =
=        =                                             =
---X--------------------------------

T is the tower. I imagine we are at X and the other Crew is by Y.

- and = is the wall.

This was how I was imagining it.

Are you saying it's more like this?

------------------------------Y-----
=                                                       =
=       kkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkk            =
=       kkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkk            =
=       kkkkkkkTTTTTkkkkkk            =
=       kkkkkkkTTTTTkkkkkk            =
=       kkkkkkkTTTTTkkkkkk            =
=       kkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkk            =
=                                                       =
=                                                       =
=                                                       =
=                                                       =
---X--------------------------------
Dungeon Master
 GM, 563 posts
Mon 20 May 2019
at 21:17
OOC II
More like this, only more square:

            ======
         ====TTTT=
==========KKKTTTT=
=KKKKKKKKKKKKTTTT=
=KKKKKKKKKKKKKKKK=
=KKKKKKKKKKKKKKKK=
=KKK      KKKKKKK=
=KKK      KKKKKKK=
=KKK      KKKKKKK=
=KKK      KKKKKKK=
G         KKKKKKK=
G         KKKKKKK=
=KKKKKK   KKKKKKK=
=KKKKKK   KKKKKKK=
=KKKKKK   KKKKKKK=
=KKKKKK   KKKKKKK=
=KKKKKK   KKKKKKK=
==================

Terminax
 player, 199 posts
Mon 20 May 2019
at 22:00
OOC II


Ok... so we're in the square area.

Terminax's idea is for the archers to secure the top of the tower, which should help them keep an eye on the courtyard.

He wants to use the bat to find Team B's location, and to scout for where the bandits might be hiding.

First priority is to find our friends though, and see where they are, while he looks to see if there is an ambush point close to where they setup by the gate the last-time (which should be in the circled area).

In a pinch, if his friends are discovered or about to be, he wants whoever is at the lookout tower to ring the bell, which in theory should pull them towards the gate, where he has set himself up to ambush them with his fire breath and thunderwave.
Lucien Nailo
 player, 524 posts
Tue 21 May 2019
at 01:40
OOC II
Basically acting on Terminax's plan by climbing the tower and messaging team B.
Dungeon Master
 GM, 565 posts
Thu 23 May 2019
at 02:46
OOC II
Map updated to reflect doors (D) and chimneys (C):

            ======
         ====TTTT=
==========KKKTTTT=
=KKKKKKKKKKCKTTTT=
=KKKKKKKKKKCKKKKK=
=KKKKKKDKKKKKKKKK=
=KKD      KKKKKKK=
=KKD      KKKKKKK=
=KKK      KKKKKKK=
=KKK      DKKKKKC=
G         KKKKKKK=
G         KKKKKKK=
=KDKKDK   KKKKKKK=
=KKKKKK   KKKKKKK=
=KKKKKK   KKKKKKK=
=KKKKKD   KKKKKKK=
=KKKKKK   KKKKKKK=
==================

Dungeon Master
 GM, 566 posts
Sat 25 May 2019
at 19:18
OOC II
Are you stuck as to what to do next?
Dungeon Master
 GM, 567 posts
Sun 26 May 2019
at 20:44
OOC II
You will get a surprise round against the guard, so go ahead and post your actions for that round. (Lathan has already posted.)

This message was last edited by the GM at 20:53, Sun 26 May.

Dungeon Master
 GM, 569 posts
Wed 29 May 2019
at 20:51
OOC II
Terminax, where exactly are you headed to? The chimney? The door of the room with the chimney? Somewhere else?

You are all still on the roof, which is 15 feet high, except for Lucien, who is on the 30-foot-high-tower.
Terminax
 player, 204 posts
Wed 29 May 2019
at 21:14
OOC II
The door of the room with the chimney. In theory I have already "seen" the route I need to take.

I have feather fall and an athletics check, so I will make do however is quickest.
Three Elks
 player, 41 posts
 Half Elf
 Barbarian/Bard
Wed 29 May 2019
at 21:15
OOC II
I have a plan, but Im not sure how easy it would be to share with the others if were scattered about the roof.  Hes going to block one of the chimneys with his shield or backpack in an attempt to smoke out the inhabitants.  As they come out we pick them off with ranged attacks.  Will type up actions in character when I get home from work this evening.
Dungeon Master
 GM, 570 posts
Thu 30 May 2019
at 15:38
OOC II
Three Elks, only one of the chimneys is smoking. It is the one that Terminax indicated. The other two chimneys, which are next to each other, are not smoking. So you only need to block the one chimney and can keep your shield with you.
Three Elks
 player, 45 posts
 Half Elf
 Barbarian/Bard
Sat 1 Jun 2019
at 03:08
OOC II
Edited my post accordingly.
Dungeon Master
 GM, 572 posts
Sat 1 Jun 2019
at 03:26
OOC II
I'm not sure what you mean by "a bit of a drop from the door," Terminax...

If you intend to fight them in the courtyard, you have 60 feet clear directly across from the door in question, with 30 or more feet on either side of it.
Terminax
 player, 207 posts
Sun 2 Jun 2019
at 19:51
OOC II
So the entrance that these dudes will he coming out of is on the ground floor?

If so, I want to setup some objects to be launched at them when I use Thunderwave.
Dungeon Master
 GM, 573 posts
Sun 2 Jun 2019
at 20:27
OOC II
Yes, there is only one floor, apart from the tower.
Three Elks
 player, 47 posts
 Half Elf
 Barbarian/Bard
Mon 3 Jun 2019
at 17:13
OOC II
I'm not sure if surprise rounds grant advantage or not.  I also don't know if I'd be considered hidden or not, so I went ahead and included a second roll (advantage) in case I get it.  Hoping I do, since my first roll is likely a miss.
Dungeon Master
 GM, 575 posts
Mon 3 Jun 2019
at 21:44
OOC II
You'll have Advantage on your attacks this round.
Dungeon Master
 GM, 576 posts
Wed 5 Jun 2019
at 01:29
OOC II
We're waiting for Terminax and Rissa to post before we proceed.
Dungeon Master
 GM, 579 posts
Sun 9 Jun 2019
at 02:07
OOC II
Rissa, how are you planning to get down from the roof? It is a 15-foot drop down to the courtyard.
Rissa Twiceborn
 player, 198 posts
 Tiefling
Sun 9 Jun 2019
at 02:50
OOC II
Any stairways or ladders?  Or a window into the building?
Three Elks
 player, 49 posts
 Half Elf
 Barbarian/Bard
Sun 9 Jun 2019
at 03:28
OOC II
I pulled the ladder we made up onto the roof.  Should be easy enough to lower it down to the courtyard.  If that's what you want to do.
Lucien Nailo
 player, 532 posts
Sun 9 Jun 2019
at 15:18
OOC II
As a note Three Elks, Lucien is indoors. He's shouting out through the door Terminax and Lathan are at.