Scene 1: The Road to Bou Saada.   Posted by GM.Group: 0
Cpl. Mukhtar Khatti
 player, 31 posts
 The Lion
Tue 5 Apr 2016
at 17:34
Re: Scene 1: The Road to Bou Saada
"That makes much sense my Texan friend, the tanks will perhaps be able to make a slight detor it is in my mind a high value target."

*climbs up to man the Vickers again just in case*
Victoria Ramos
 player, 10 posts
 Vic-Vic
Tue 5 Apr 2016
at 18:44
Re: Scene 1: The Road to Bou Saada
In reply to Cpl. Mukhtar Khatti (msg # 46):

Victoria stands guard as the others prep things
Josephine Chevalier
 player, 9 posts
 Codename Sparrow
Tue 5 Apr 2016
at 21:03
Re: Scene 1: The Road to Bou Saada
Josephine shook her head. "Taking all three would spread us out too much. Nancy's right. Siphon the gas. If the British come before we;re finished, or if they pass us on the road, we'll just tell them what happened -- none of us look particularly like Nazis, that'll give them pause long enough for us to talk."
Sgt. Wendell Fong
 player, 17 posts
 Sarge
 Come hell or high water!
Tue 5 Apr 2016
at 21:34
Re: Scene 1: The Road to Bou Saada
Sarge nods again in agreement, "Right. Okay, folks, let's get stuff unloaded and loaded!

"Izzy and Vic Vic, let's start humpin' gear, the Corporal will guard and when the Tankers see only he's the only one of us guardin' that ought cool them down some.

"I'll deal with the gas in the Jeep,"
he says as he moves to the vehicle.

Once there he looks for something to use to siphon gas as much gas as they can.

This message was last edited by the player at 14:55, Wed 06 Apr 2016.

GM
 GM, 42 posts
 Plotting your demise
Tue 5 Apr 2016
at 21:46
Re: Scene 1: The Road to Bou Saada
You've already burned through a few jerry cans of gasoline going into the desert and each vehicle has a siphoning kit that lets you siphon without inhaling fumes. It's easily done in a few minutes.

The British tanks turn the corner, their rumble heard a few minutes before. The lead tank approaches cautiously, but then the tank commander waves and the tank speeds forward, stopping nearby.

"Looks like you sarted 'em righ' 'andily," the commander shouts over the din of the tank to the nearest members of the group. "IIn need o' a lift are yea?"

Nancy's ears perk up, but whatever his accent is, it isn't Scottish. Maybe Irish?
Josephine Chevalier
 player, 10 posts
 Codename Sparrow
Tue 5 Apr 2016
at 22:11
Re: Scene 1: The Road to Bou Saada
Josephine smiled, the expression enhanced rather than marred by the smear of dirt across one cheek that she had acquired helping Nancy. "Not at all! But we could use a hand moving supplies around. We figure we'll take their jeep, in case we need to go through Nazi territory."
GM
 GM, 44 posts
 Plotting your demise
Tue 5 Apr 2016
at 22:48
Re: Scene 1: The Road to Bou Saada
"Aye, jes be shar to fly the ald Union-Jack if'n yer approaching ar lines.  Right, lads, sort the lovely lady out, would ya?".

Hatches clang open on the tank and three tankers with grease streaks on their uniform help transfer stuff from the jeep to the kubelwagen.  They all stare at the women and sheepishly nod to Josephine before climbing back in their tank.

"What's that, Lawrence?" the commander asks over his radio headset before looking at Josephine. "Can't be. What wood a lady like hare be doin' out here?  Fine, I'll ask.  Beg your pardon, miss, but might you be Josephine Chevalier?"
Josephine Chevalier
 player, 11 posts
 Codename Sparrow
Tue 5 Apr 2016
at 23:26
Re: Scene 1: The Road to Bou Saada
Josephine's grin stretched even wider. "In the flesh, gentlemen."
GM
 GM, 45 posts
 Plotting your demise
Tue 5 Apr 2016
at 23:59
Re: Scene 1: The Road to Bou Saada
A near riot breaks out as multiple tanks disgorge crews, all of whom attempt to get a look at Josephine or an autograph.  It is only with a lot of cajoling, red-faced shouting, and the judicious application of a riding crop by one tank commander and an entrenching shovel by an NCO that the lads are driven back into their tanks.

"Please accept my sinsairest apologies, mum," the tank commander says. "Been a long time since we seen a Western woman, much less a famous one at that!  We best be on our merry before I have to start shootin' them for desertion."

He winks and gets back into the open hatch at the top of the tank turret.  The tank shifts into gear and begins to idle forward.
Josephine Chevalier
 player, 12 posts
 Codename Sparrow
Wed 6 Apr 2016
at 03:11
Re: Scene 1: The Road to Bou Saada
Josephine -- and more to the point, Josephine's ego -- was perfectly happy to sign some autographs and even sing the men a quick few verses of Hard Hearted Hannah. Once they packed up and left, she turned serious again. "Are we ready to move on?"
Cpl. Mukhtar Khatti
 player, 34 posts
 The Lion
Wed 6 Apr 2016
at 04:54
Re: Scene 1: The Road to Bou Saada
"Someone tell the tankers about the map, it has locations they might be interested in depots."
Israel Rodriguez
 player, 12 posts
 Dizzy Izzy
Wed 6 Apr 2016
at 07:38
Re: Scene 1: The Road to Bou Saada
Israel gazed down at the passport and picture he had in his hands. His entire body shook slightly as he tried to get the face of Father Simpson out of his mind. He wasn't even paying attention to the road, lost in thought. What a mess. I didn't even use the power and the voices still came. Just need to keep it together, i'm sure it was just because of the heat. Israel was unaware he was ignoring Sarge's call or even the arrival of the tanks. Finally when the tanks started moving in front of him Israel was knocked out of his stupor. He placed the picture and passport gently into a pocket before making his way back to the group. His eyes were downcast staring at the dirt and stayed silent while the others spoke. His hands were at his sides, shaking rapidly.
Sgt. Wendell Fong
 player, 18 posts
 Sarge
 Come hell or high water!
Wed 6 Apr 2016
at 15:01
Re: Scene 1: The Road to Bou Saada
In reply to Cpl. Mukhtar Khatti (msg # 56):

Sarge puts a hand on Khatti's shoulder when he speaks, "Easy there, pard'. This is a matter of Intel and that's the Chief's call."

Turning quickly to Josephine, "The Corporal has a ten-gallon mouth, but he's got a makes point, Ma'am, 'cause you've ain't explained anythin'...

"Do you want ta tell those fellers about what we got on that map or save it for someone up the chain?"

This message was last edited by the player at 20:47, Wed 06 Apr 2016.

Josephine Chevalier
 player, 13 posts
 Codename Sparrow
Wed 6 Apr 2016
at 19:50
Re: Scene 1: The Road to Bou Saada
Josephine nodded, her grin dimming when she realized she'd let her ego get in the way of good sense. She flagged down the lead tank, gesturing for the commander to come back out.
GM
 GM, 47 posts
 Plotting your demise
Wed 6 Apr 2016
at 20:15
Re: Scene 1: The Road to Bou Saada
The tank commander orders a halt and slides down the side of the tank until he's sitting on the tank's sideskirt, legs dangling over the side.

"If ya can't stan' ta see me go, darlin', I must forewarn ya I'm a happily married man," the tank commander says with a wry grin. "What can I do ya far?"




Shoutout to Nancy, trying to capture an accent in writing is tough.
Josephine Chevalier
 player, 15 posts
 Codename Sparrow
Wed 6 Apr 2016
at 20:54
Re: Scene 1: The Road to Bou Saada
"I'm sure that news breaks more hearts than just my own," Josephine replied with a wry smile. "But no, I called you back because one of my men reminded me that we found something you may find useful." She gestured for the Corporal to show the men the map.
GM
 GM, 48 posts
 Plotting your demise
Wed 6 Apr 2016
at 22:08
Re: Scene 1: The Road to Bou Saada
"Interesting, but unfortunately small supplay dumps are a wee bit of overkell for me and the lads," the tank commander says, standing up and returning to his seat in the open hatch. He nods toward the dead Germans. "You look layk you can 'andle it yourselves.  Besides, our dance card is full, we're off ta make acquaintances with some Panzers."

He gives a proper British salute and the tanks roll out.




OOC:  There are several supply dumps on the map, with one not too far off the road to Bou Saada and a few others not too far from the town in a few directions, including south, the last known vector of the Nachtwolfe convoy. You can choose to check one out now and probably only lose 10-20 minutes, or you can check one out after you depart Bou Saada.
Bdr. Nancy McNeil
 player, 10 posts
 Bombie Lass
Thu 7 Apr 2016
at 05:31
Re: Scene 1: The Road to Bou Saada
"ACK! BLOODEH STOOPID PIECE O' SHITE!" Nacy's shout was only barely louder than the loud clank of metal as she finally got the guns all set up and into place. Hopping out of the vehicle, she gave the wheel a good solid kick. "Ah damn it! I didn' even get tah look at the bloody tanks!" Growling, she kicked the wheel again before making her way around to the front and checking the set of the guns. She'd done a damn good job. Of course, it probably would have went faster if the person that had offered to help hadn't wandered off to sign autographs.

"Been a ri' shite day 'asn't it? First I don't get a goo' look at the tanks, then I get sho', then the tanks stop an' I'm mountin' a bloody gun and don't ge' a goo' look at 'em again 'cuz someones gotta sign..." Trailing off into wordless grumblings, she double checked that everything was in place and ready for them to head out. She did give a good, hard kick to the dead man that had shot her though. It seemed only fair.
Israel Rodriguez
 player, 13 posts
 Dizzy Izzy
Thu 7 Apr 2016
at 07:24
Re: Scene 1: The Road to Bou Saada
Israel raised his head up at the noise with a small smile. He wiped the sweat off his forehead while adjusting his helmet and noticed the shaking stopped. Israel let out a chuckle that quickly turned to a laugh before speaking. "Welp, I think that's our ride calling us. Are we all ready to continue on to Bou Saada? I think I'm done with detours for the day."

This message had punctuation tweaked by the player at 17:51, Thu 07 Apr 2016.

Sgt. Wendell Fong
 player, 19 posts
 Sarge
 Come hell or high water!
Thu 7 Apr 2016
at 14:32
Re: Scene 1: The Road to Bou Saada
Sarge shrugs when the tanker turns down the information on the map, "Whelp, if nothin' else, we might be able to use this intel later. Havin' it at least gives us some idea of how the Nazis might be movin' around out here.

"Ya know, ma'am, it might be useful to have a looksee at that there base near Bou Saada. We don't wanta dig up more snakes than we can kill, but it might be helpful to see what's there and whether or not they might provide any support to the folks we're goin' after."

Cpl. Mukhtar Khatti
 player, 38 posts
 The Lion
Thu 7 Apr 2016
at 15:35
Re: Scene 1: The Road to Bou Saada
"I agree with Sarge, but I also must urge caution. This was afterall an ambush the map could be a decoyas a sort of backup if the ambush failed. The officer must have known we were at least four in number and still decided to shoot at us with his pistol instead of make any effort to destory or hide the map. Just something to consider."
Victoria Ramos
 player, 11 posts
 Vic-Vic
Thu 7 Apr 2016
at 19:34
Re: Scene 1: The Road to Bou Saada
<quote Sgt. Wendell Fong>
Sarge shrugs when the tanker turns down the information on the map, <red>"Whelp, if nothin' else, we might be able to use this intel later. Havin' it at least gives us some idea of how the Nazis might be movin' around out here.



Victoria comes down from her watch point.
" I am curious, why the ambush with so few men, and so poorly carried out
They should have hit us from concealed positions"

Sgt. Wendell Fong
 player, 20 posts
 Sarge
 Come hell or high water!
Thu 7 Apr 2016
at 20:25
Re: Scene 1: The Road to Bou Saada
Turning to Victoria, Sarge scratches the back of his head through his shemagh, "Whelp, ya know, that machine gun weren't out in the open, was it?

"Unless yer suggestin' that they was suicidal (whatever the hell dumbshittedness that officer showed), it seems to me it was just a poorly planned deal.

"I could be wrong 'bout this, I suppose, but I dunno."

Josephine Chevalier
 player, 16 posts
 Codename Sparrow
Thu 7 Apr 2016
at 21:28
Re: Scene 1: The Road to Bou Saada
Josephine let the others talk, weighing their words as they came. After a moment of silence, she nodded. "We should check out the depot on the way into town. Whether this was a poorly planned ambush, an attack of opportunity, or bait for some bigger ploy, quelle est la différence? Either the map is accurate or it is not, and we should verify that before doing anything else."
Israel Rodriguez
 player, 15 posts
 Dizzy Izzy
Sun 10 Apr 2016
at 03:16
Re: Scene 1: The Road to Bou Saada
Israel studied every road and turn, making sure he was following the directions correctly. "Seems like were going the right way so far. Should be coming up on it in a minute actually. Hopefully it'll be empty when we arrive."

OOC:
Today: Israel Rodriguez rolled 4 using 1d6-1.  Driving Roll.